PDA

View Full Version : Jarnell Stokes?

andremiller07
02-06-2013, 07:33 AM
I been watching this guy since his first game last year in Tennesse he came into a college 1 year early and the dude has a sweet skill package and the main reason he probably caught my eye is cause he reminds of a lot of my current favourite player DeMarcus Cousins.

Stokes might not have the same ceiling as DMC and is a bit shorter at 6'9 and has less length with a 7'1 winspan, both are below the rim players primarily but unlike Cousins he does not have to battle insanity every few games.

Stokes has GREAT hands, oxe like strength, good rebounder very solidly built and is a solid finisher with fantastic body control much like DMC. He has a solid handle and a jumpshot I really think this guy could be a solid player in the NBA something like a 12 & 7-8 guy. He will need to work on his jumpshot and will have to adjust playing far more athletic guys but I think his skill package can overcome.

Stokes is a interesting prospect who is known as a good guy and solid worker and could be a good late first round/early 2nd round pick.

Burgz V2
02-06-2013, 07:41 AM
I been watching this guy since his first game last year in Tennesse he came into a college 1 year early and the dude has a sweet skill package and the main reason he probably caught my eye is cause he reminds of a lot of my current favourite player DeMarcus Cousins.

Stokes might not have the same ceiling as DMC and is a bit shorter at 6'9 and has less length with a 7'1 winspan, both are below the rim players primarily but unlike Cousins he does not have to battle insanity every few games.

Stokes has GREAT hands, oxe like strength, good rebounder very solidly built and is a solid finisher with fantastic body control much like DMC. He has a solid handle and a jumpshot I really think this guy could be a solid player in the NBA something like a 12 & 7-8 guy. He will need to work on his jumpshot and will have to adjust playing far more athletic guys but I think his skill package can overcome.

Stokes is a interesting prospect who is known as a good guy and solid worker and could be a good late first round/early 2nd round pick.

unless he can find one thing he can do extremely well he will have a tough time in the league. The NBA is littered with 4s who can do a little bit of everything, he needs to show he can stand out in one aspect if he ends up being a 2nd round pick so that he can stick with a team.

if he can be a guy who can make shots from 10-15 feet consistently he will definitely carve out a niche for himself.

andremiller07
02-06-2013, 07:45 AM
unless he can find one thing he can do extremely well he will have a tough time in the league. The NBA is littered with 4s who can do a little bit of everything, he needs to show he can stand out in one aspect if he ends up being a 2nd round pick so that he can stick with a team.

if he can be a guy who can make shots from 10-15 feet consistently he will definitely carve out a niche for himself.

Yeah I agree I'm suprised to see hes not on any of the NBAdraftnet draft boards, hes better than alot of guys on the 2013 one thats for sure. I think if like you say he can get that 10-15 footer he can be a banger and solid post player who draws fouls in the NBA on top of that, hes a pretty solid 2nd round pick.

andremiller07
01-24-2014, 08:23 AM
Have not watched him much this season does anyone have a update? I seen he outplayed Randell not to long ago.

What's his draft stock looking like?

Goliath Uterus
01-24-2014, 10:57 PM
^^^

non existent. he's staying all 4 and unless he improves greatly next year he's prolly going overseas or some shit.

JtotheIzzo
01-26-2014, 11:05 PM
I been watching this guy since his first game last year in Tennesse he came into a college 1 year early and the dude has a sweet package

yeah brah, killer bulge!