PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard: "Hopefully they'll start supporting me the way they need to"

Reverend Hoops
02-08-2013, 01:33 PM
http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Dwightmare-continues-for-Howard-and-the-?blockID=829807&feedID=3352

MMM
02-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Why the heck did the Lakers trade for someone who clearly wanted nothing to do with the Lakers???

Yea I understand that LA has a lot going for it from many people perspective but there are a few people out there that are just not cut out for LA. Seems, like Howard was aware that he wasn't an LA type but the Lakers still pursued him.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-08-2013, 01:41 PM
How does this guy have ANY fans? No seriously ... :confusedshrug:

R.I.P.
02-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Not that I don

andgar923
02-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Really hope Kobe undercuts him in practice.

TMT
02-08-2013, 01:48 PM
I don't think there is a player I've lost more respect for in the last 4 years than Dwight Howard. :facepalm Just shut up and play. If I was the Lakers coaching staff I wouldn't allow him to talk to the media at all.

andgar923
02-08-2013, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he starts crying when laker fans start booing him at home.

Vragrant
02-08-2013, 01:52 PM
2 years of his prime and Howard is known more for what he's done off the court more than what he's actually done on it.

DMV2
02-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Why the heck did the Lakers trade for someone who clearly wanted nothing to do with the Lakers???

Yea I understand that LA has a lot going for it from many people perspective but there are a few people out there that are just not cut out for LA. Seems, like Howard was aware that he wasn't an LA type but the Lakers still pursued him.
Howard is most definitely an LA guy and wants to be a Lakers guy too.

The problem here is that he's never been a second fiddle in his career. As great as Kobe is, I don't think Howard likes the idea of playing behind him.

There's definitely locker room issues between Dwight, Kobe, Pau and the head coach.

Dro
02-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Howard is not good enough to be a #1 option, IMO...It was forced in Orlando by putting a ton of shooters around him...

Is He Ill
02-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Jesus Christ... :facepalm This guy is a joke.

LikeABosh
02-08-2013, 02:05 PM
This guy is straight up the biggest bitch in the league, not even close too.

dream208
02-08-2013, 02:08 PM
http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Dwightmare-continues-for-Howard-and-the-?blockID=829807&feedID=3352

I miss the old days when Yao was still in the league to keep Howard's ego in check...

SCdac
02-08-2013, 02:11 PM
this team is imploding faster by the day...

Nash is probably like, "wtf did I get myself into?"

G-Funk
02-08-2013, 02:13 PM

The problem here is that he's never been a second fiddle in his career. As great as Kobe is, I don't think Howard likes the idea of playing behind him.

There's definitely locker room issues between Dwight, Kobe, Pau and the head coach.
Even if he feels that way, hr should show it on the court. He needs to be about it.

Heavincent
02-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Why would any team want Dwight Howard? He's an absolute disgrace.

niko
02-08-2013, 02:17 PM
What magic thing does he think was in Brooklyn that he'd not be in a similar situation? He'd just be fighting the media, not Kobe but he'd be getting skewered in NY. The media in LA is actually pretty soft on him, even he says this they are very quick to forgive him and rep him. NYC, not anywhere close to this.

He needs to stop being a dick and just playing. If he wants to go to Atlanta at season end, do so. But don't hit, make faces, and think acting like a dick will help him.

The nets maxed out all their guys, made them terrible trade assets because THEY DO NOT CARE IF THEY DON'T GET HIM. Does he get that?

TheGreatDeraj
02-08-2013, 02:47 PM

I don't get Howard. Coming into the season he was clearly not 100% and this is before his shoulder injury. So, why would he think he should be the number 1 option when he isn't physically capable? Then you add into the equation that the Lakers have two better offensive options in Kobe and Gasol and it makes even less sense for Howard to be the #1. The Lakers tried it for sure. They kicked a much better post player in Gasol to the perimeter. They force fed Howard in the post. Too bad his injuries and lack of fundamentals made it a lost cause.

He certainly hasn't taken advantage of having two of the best post players on his team and improved his post games. He still only has two moves the baseline hook or the spin to the middle. He doesn't even try his sweeping hook anymore. He still is poor at sealing his man, he still is poor at holding the ball over his head, he still gets stripped often, he still doesn't set solid screens, he probably has dropped under 50ft% at this point. He was what 1-6 fts last night? He does not pass out of the double team well.

The difference in fundamentals between Howard and Kobe/Gasol is staggering and is becoming even more apparent with his injuries. I have no idea why he thinks he should be the number one option especially with his terrible attitude.

Last night you could tell he was playing because D'Antoni, Kobe and Nash called him out on it. He played because he HAD to play, not because he WANTED to play. There was zero effort or passion out there from Howard last night, and that's not the first time it has happened this season.

2LeTTeRS
02-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Howard is not good enough to be a #1 option, IMO...It was forced in Orlando by putting a ton of shooters around him...

And that strategy worked pretty damn well didn't it? I know this is a "what have you done for me lately" board, but I just don't get how this is stronger evidence of how good of a player that Dwight is when he is injured and he previously carried a team to the finals while being their clear best defensive player and rebounder and scoring more than anybody on the team.

Blue&Orange
02-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Kobe backtracking like the beta he is.

I really think people ran in the wrong direction with those quotes," Bryant said. "And I think that put Dwight on the defense, put him a little on edge. But that wasn't the intention, nor the purpose.

Mr. Jabbar
02-08-2013, 02:55 PM
How does this guy have ANY fans? No seriously ... :confusedshrug:

he doesn't lmao

Orlando Magic
02-08-2013, 02:59 PM
I love it. LOL.

Mr Exlax
02-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Since Dwight sucks so bad:

Asik + Patterson for D12

Do it Mitch!

Twiens
02-08-2013, 03:02 PM
So damn soft, I hope Metta knocks his teeth out

dazzer87
02-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Howard Trolling the lakers...........:applause: :applause: :applause:

Mr. Jabbar
02-08-2013, 03:06 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img600/8704/dwighthoward.png

longtime lurker
02-08-2013, 03:07 PM

I don't know maybe it has something to do with playing with not only one of the best organizations in basketball but in all of sports. There are hundreds of players that would absolutely kill to play for the Lakers, Dwight could be one of the legends, but instead he wants to put his fate in the hands of Brooklyn who with all due respect hasn't done jack shit. Guess it's the mentality of the new generation of superstars they're rather have fun than dare to be great

rezznor
02-08-2013, 03:46 PM
imagine dwight and royce white on the same team

Godzuki
02-08-2013, 03:50 PM
dwight's a prima dona. he's been gifted with a freak body and everything has come easy to him playing against people smaller than him and less athletic most of his career. i don't think he's probably ever had to dig deep or play with pain in his life since he's so much about himself with his narcissist complex. either way its odd to me how Lakers management seem very sure of themselves he's going to say when everything in the media, including their awful chemistry and drama points to him leaving. sad thing is Dwight holds all of the cards and i bet he won't commit another year to a team for a trade again so the Lakers are screwed. they basically got rid of Bynum for 1 disappointing year of Dwight if things end up that way.

tazb
02-08-2013, 03:52 PM
This has to be one of the ugliest situations in all of basketball, I can't say I'm not enjoying it though :lol

Nash
02-08-2013, 03:53 PM
People being unfair to Dwight. Its like they are poking him with a stick and he isn't allowed to defend himself because they'll just say he's an ass. Also Kobe publicly calling him out didn't make it easier. If Kobe was for example a soccer player and he called out his injured teammate like that in the media he'd be sold the day after.

BarberSchool
02-08-2013, 04:01 PM
This guy is straight up the biggest bitch in the league, not even close too.Word.

Not close at all. I'm trying to think of a worse b!tch, and I can't. D@mn.

Heavincent
02-08-2013, 04:01 PM
People being unfair to Dwight. Its like they are poking him with a stick and he isn't allowed to defend himself because they'll just say he's an ass. Also Kobe publicly calling him out didn't make it easier. If Kobe was for example a soccer player and he called out his injured teammate like that in the media he'd be sold the day after.

Because soccer is a ***** sport :oldlol:

Kobe called out Dwight because he was medically cleared to play. And Kobe has played through the same injury before. He just said what everyone else was thinking.

Howard is the definition of a "me first" player.

Rasheed1
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
This meltdown couldnt happen to a more deserving team :lol

this whole lakers ride has been beautiful.. Cheers to Dwight walking when the season is over :cheers:

Nash
02-08-2013, 04:23 PM

Kobe called out Dwight because he was medically cleared to play. And Kobe has played through the same injury before. He just said what everyone else was thinking.

Yes, the most popular sport in the world is a ***** sport. Let's see Kobe doing that with Alex Ferguson being his coach. Even Beckham who's the most valuable and marketable person in the sports world was sold to Real Madrid and got a shoe thrown in his face by Ferguson.

And unless Kobe is Dwight or they share the same shoulder then he has no right to call him out publicly. You just don't do that to a teammate. What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room.

I don't know what Kobe is trying to prove but he called out Gasol in the media just a while back.

02-08-2013, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he starts crying when laker fans start booing him at home.

U mean like Kobe did during the All Star game in Philly?

Whoah10115
02-08-2013, 04:37 PM

Soccer is a much rougher sport than basketball, so watch it.

But Nash is wrong. That would never happen in soccer.

And 1
02-08-2013, 04:39 PM
So which is it? Howard says he hasn't been cleared for weeks, D'antoni says he's been cleared for a week. Who's telling the truth? :confusedshrug:

KyrieTheFuture
02-08-2013, 04:45 PM
I've asked this before and no one answers me. Why is it remotely surprising that a guy who doesn't want to play in LA is sitting out to make sure he doesn't get screwed when he signs somewhere else? He didn't want to play here and he's coming off surgery and somehow in LA fans minds that means he's gonna be even better than normal and take them to a chip. It's disgusting how much of a pass D'antoni is getting still because of all of Dwights comments but I mean he's just answering the questions they ask him.

The-Legend-24
02-08-2013, 05:43 PM
#bitchmade

LakersFan626
02-08-2013, 06:08 PM
This meltdown couldnt happen to a more deserving team :lol

this whole lakers ride has been beautiful.. Cheers to Dwight walking when the season is over :cheers:

http://www.slicksportstalk.com/sites/default/files/post_thumbs/MiamiBig3.jpg
http://aloneinthegreenroom.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/big-4.jpeg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/076/483/2012015_display_image.jpg?1310008026

The Lakers sure deserve this more than a team that mocked Dirk's flu, ran up the score in the 4th quarter of the 2008 Finals game 6 when the game and championship weren't in doubt, and was full of criminals in the early/mid 2000s. :facepalm

Dwight's seriously looking at getting booed in Orlando AND LA for the rest of his career.

Rasheed1
02-08-2013, 06:21 PM
The Lakers sure deserve this more than a team that mocked Dirk's flu, ran up the score in the 4th quarter of the 2008 Finals game 6 when the game and championship weren't in doubt, and was full of criminals in the early/mid 2000s. :facepalm

Dwight's seriously looking at getting booed in Orlando AND LA for the rest of his career.

I didnt stutter...

The lakers and that smug idiot Jim Buss...

The tough talking black mama deserves it too... Keep throwing teammates under the bus Kobe... :cheers: it will work one of these days..

then there is the kobe stans :cheers: this season is for you guys... cheers.lol

MtMutombo
02-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Kobe backtracking like the beta he is.

Im no Kobe stan but he's about as Alpha as it gets...

Ikill
02-08-2013, 08:02 PM
I feel bad for Dwight he shouldn't even be playing he's no where close to 100% healthy. He is ruining his reputation by playing through injuries because it makes him look bad on the court. Not only that playing when he's not healthy his going to **** up his long term health. Dwight shouldn't play until he is 100% healthy so when he comes back he can have a career year.

bigt
02-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Is it just me, or does this situation remind me a bit of Shaq's "Hurt on company time, heal on company time?" comments from way back?

oh the horror
02-08-2013, 09:51 PM
I didnt stutter...

The lakers and that smug idiot Jim Buss...

The tough talking black mama deserves it too... Keep throwing teammates under the bus Kobe... :cheers: it will work one of these days..

then there is the kobe stans :cheers: this season is for you guys... cheers.lol

Cheers. Frankly you're making an ass out of yourself. But I suppose that's a failure on your parents behalf.

Rasheed1
02-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Cheers. Frankly you're making an ass out of yourself. But I suppose that's a failure on your parents behalf.

:roll: Tuck that bottom lip in soldier!!

Rubio2Gasol
02-08-2013, 10:00 PM
He can't even get free throws in the post against the Bobcats :roll: