PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4

Rose
02-08-2013, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=]Ubisoft has confirmed that it will be releasing a new Assassin's Creed title during its next fiscal year. In other words, sometime between April 1st to March 31st 2014. No surprises there, eh?

Excitingly, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has also confirmed that we'll be seeing an all-new assassin in a completely different time period which will be "another major leap forward for the franchise". Though if they keep skipping ahead a couple of hundred years each time, we'll be in the present day by Assassin's Creed 5.

With multiple teams working on different versions of Assassin's Creed games, work on this newest installment has probably already been going on for a year at least

Burgz V2
02-08-2013, 03:06 PM
link (http://www.stuff.tv/news/apps-and-games/news-nugget/ubisoft-announces-assassins-creed-4-also-surprises-nobody)

Excited, but wish they would have waited a bit longer, or at least hope this time they don't do a yearly release cycle.

not surprising. even if they dont change anything about the game mechanics the fact there is a new character will make it a must buy for most people.

wonder where it'll take place though. would like to see an ancient civilization like Rome or Greece, or, if modern, maybe late 18th century London

Thorpesaurous
02-08-2013, 03:21 PM
not surprising. even if they dont change anything about the game mechanics the fact there is a new character will make it a must buy for most people.

wonder where it'll take place though. would like to see an ancient civilization like Rome or Greece, or, if modern, maybe late 18th century London

London would be cool, but I'm probably just partial to a Jack the Ripper subplot.

The slave culture in Egypt.

The French Revolution.

Rose
02-08-2013, 03:47 PM

Well someone from Ubisoft Brazil said it was Brazil, but Ubisoft hasn't confirmed/denied it.

Personally I want Egypt, early rumors were that we were going back in time for AC3 and since then...I've been pretty interested in it.

Thorpe brought up a good point about London though, so that's kinda intriguing.

Jailblazers7
02-08-2013, 06:03 PM
I think they need to go with an older civilization. I figure that the story will have to be driven by the need to defeat or control Juno who now has control of the world apparently after the way AC3 ended.

Egypt would be cool. The Egyptian gods could have been a rebel group or something that broke off to fight against Juno and her group back during the first civilization and they may hold the key to defeating her or something.

nightprowler10
02-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Hmm.. do they mean an Assassin replacement for Desmond to build on his work? I was under the impression the next game would involve Connor a bit more. I would've thought him going to either London with some involvement from East India Company would be pretty cool.

That said, I'm all for a different character and time frame. This game was good but it wasn't AC2 good. They need to pick someplace with great architecture again IMO.

CelticBaller
02-08-2013, 07:41 PM
If its next gen then i wouldn't mind the milking.
Spoilers in white!
What I am confused its how are they going to move forward, Desmond is dead and AC3's ending pretty much sealed the deal for the series. Are they rebooting already?

Edit:
And the Juno thing, I always thought it was just to end the series on a winning note without a deus ex machina

Burgz V2
02-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Well someone from Ubisoft Brazil said it was Brazil, but Ubisoft hasn't confirmed/denied it.

Personally I want Egypt, early rumors were that we were going back in time for AC3 and since then...I've been pretty interested in it.

Thorpe brought up a good point about London though, so that's kinda intriguing.

free running through favelas would be pretty cool, lot of high rises in Sao Paulo, could be the first game that allows to you to free run massive buildings :confusedshrug:

i thought about the Egypt setting but the theme has been (with the exception of AC3) picking settings with amazing architecture. I really liked AC2 because of that, it really added a whole new dimension to the game depth.

I wonder if this will be next-gen? probably too soon, but perhaps that's why they are releasing one so soon after AC3. I can't even imagine how awesome AC would look like on next-gen consoles

Just2McFly
02-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Not too familiar with the series, played three recently and had a love/hate relationship with the game. The pace was too slow for me. Too much side shit and I kept getting sick from playing the game for some reason.

With that said, what's stopping them from going back in time a doing a once destroyed city like Babylon or something where they can create vast landscapes with immense architecture without being historically inaccurate to the point where they would lose fans.

Rose
02-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Imma just point out all of you made fun of me when I said architecture was important in AC, and you all pointed and laughed at me (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254013)who's laughing now!?!?!?

Burgz, I agree on Sao Paulo it could be awesome. I wouldn't mind a more free run experience like you said, that could work really well. Rio could have an interesting thing too, with the beaches, I'd actually like to see some sailing come back into gameplay I love that shit.:oldlol:

I think with Egypt you could do the interior of pyramids, the building of pyramids, deal with invaders. Plus there is the Egyptian art to play with, I could see it working fairly well. It wouldn't have the environment of AC2 or even 3, but it could be really solid.

Jailblazers7
02-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Imma just point out all of you made fun of me when I said architecture was important in AC, and you all pointed and laughed at me (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254013)who's laughing now!?!?!?

Burgz, I agree on Sao Paulo it could be awesome. I wouldn't mind a more free run experience like you said, that could work really well. Rio could have an interesting thing too, with the beaches, I'd actually like to see some sailing come back into gameplay I love that shit.:oldlol:

I think with Egypt you could do the interior of pyramids, the building of pyramids, deal with invaders. Plus there is the Egyptian art to play with, I could see it working fairly well. It wouldn't have the environment of AC2 or even 3, but it could be really solid.

I think the crazy amount of enemies in the cities pissed me off more than anything in 3. Every street had like 10 redcoats on ground and 3 on the roof.

I do think 3 was prob the least accessible but its up there with 2 and Brotherhood for me.

nightprowler10
02-09-2013, 12:21 AM
I wouldn't mind Sao Paulo either, but they seem to stick with Euro-centric history, which is understandable when you think about their target audience.

EnoughSaid
02-09-2013, 01:37 AM
Hopefully it's a Muslim Assassin. Now that would be amazing and awesome for me. But I could care less where it's at as long as the story and the character are awesome. Unlike Connor's annoying and boring ass. :facepalm

Burgz V2
02-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Hopefully it's a Muslim Assassin. Now that would be amazing and awesome for me. But I could care less where it's at as long as the story and the character are awesome. Unlike Connor's annoying and boring ass. :facepalm

they already had Altair who is the main character in AC1 and is reused in AC Revelations. most likely won't do it again.

LJJ
02-09-2013, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't mind Sao Paulo either, but they seem to stick with Euro-centric history, which is understandable when you think about their target audience.

We've been to (pre-) Italy twice, the Middle-East, Turkey and the US. I don't think it's fair to say it's overly Euro-centric at all.

Jailblazers7
02-09-2013, 01:40 PM
A Chinese assassin would be awesome but i doubt that game ever gets made. Im replaying AC1 to max out achievements and wow the voice actor for Altaie blows.

Heavincent
02-09-2013, 01:55 PM
A Chinese assassin would be awesome but i doubt that game ever gets made. Im replaying AC1 to max out achievements and wow the voice actor for Altaie blows.

Altair was the best AC character.

Burgz V2
02-09-2013, 05:30 PM

because they tried to make a white dude do the voice for an Arab guy lol

but in all honesty, he was the best character.

nightprowler10
02-09-2013, 06:10 PM
We've been to (pre-) Italy twice, the Middle-East, Turkey and the US. I don't think it's fair to say it's overly Euro-centric at all.
Euro-centric doesn't mean in Europe, just related to Europe. The 3rd Crusade and the American revolution would fall in this category IMO.

LJJ
02-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Euro-centric doesn't mean in Europe, just related to Europe. The 3rd Crusade and the American revolution would fall in this category IMO.

And your example of a non Euro-centric location is S

ballup
02-09-2013, 07:57 PM
They featured one named Zhao Jun in a minimovie that detail's Ezio's life as an old man and his death. AC3 made a reference to her with the rope dart.

Despite that, it'd be cool if it was set in mid 1900s China as it was not as developed as other powerhouses at the time.

Jailblazers7
02-09-2013, 08:03 PM
They featured one named Zhao Jun in a minimovie that detail's Ezio's life as an old man and his death. AC3 made a reference to her with the rope dart.

Despite that, it'd be cool if it was set in mid 1900s China as it was not as developed as other powerhouses at the time.

I was thinking more like the Warring States period or some older dynastic period. No reason AC has to keep moving forward in time as far as the Assassins go.

nightprowler10
02-10-2013, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=LJJ]And your example of a non Euro-centric location is S

sunsfan1357
02-12-2013, 08:16 PM
So I decided to buy Assassin's Creed 3 on Amazon the other day. Got the package in the mail and realized I ordered it for PS3 instead of the 360 :facepalm:

Noob Saibot
02-15-2013, 01:56 PM
That's cool AC is making a return. The ACIII ended so anti climatic. I don't want another European setting. Make it in Africa, Asia, or another country in the Americas.

CeltsGarlic
02-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Im not huge fan of another european setting, but it was better than boston and ny. I would love south america or asia. AC Brotherhood had the best environment.

Noof
02-18-2013, 08:04 AM
Imperial China please

Thorpesaurous
02-19-2013, 10:36 AM
It seems like I really should play brotherhood.

Russia would be cool. Perhaps during the Bulshavik Revolution / WWI era. Or even more modern times. Set it in the 70s during the cold war. A lot of great conspiracy plot lines they could play off of in there, and the architecture is awesome.
The only problem is that those games would require a certain amount of gunplay that the series just hasn't shown much desire to explore as a mechanic.

Jailblazers7
02-19-2013, 02:09 PM
It seems like I really should play brotherhood.

Russia would be cool. Perhaps during the Bulshavik Revolution / WWI era. Or even more modern times. Set it in the 70s during the cold war. A lot of great conspiracy plot lines they could play off of in there, and the architecture is awesome.
The only problem is that those games would require a certain amount of gunplay that the series just hasn't shown much desire to explore as a mechanic.

Brotherhood was my favorite AC game. Definitely recommend it.

French Revolution could be a natural next game if the timeline continues going forward in time.

Rose
02-19-2013, 05:37 PM
I can't believe you haven't played brotherhood, it has less of the side stuff to do if I remember correctly. Only one I beat at 90%+

Burgz V2
02-28-2013, 04:02 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/28/ign-live-presents-the-assassins-creed-4-reveal

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

gonna be an official reveal on monday

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/02/acbfkeyartjpg-4802d0-610x859.jpg

shiver me timbers... :eek: :eek: :eek:

ballup
02-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Assassin under the veil of pirates. Odd direction.

nightprowler10
02-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Assassin under the veil of pirates. Odd direction.
This. Makes me want to not pre-order it...

Jailblazers7
02-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Well they obviously made keeping naval warfare a priority lol

Al Thornton
03-01-2013, 01:26 AM
seems like the best way for them to reuse stuff from 3 but still make something more interesting.

maybeshewill13
03-01-2013, 05:26 AM
seems like the best way for them to reuse stuff from 3 but still make something more interesting.

yeah

Rose
03-01-2013, 02:12 PM
My initial thoughts:

I like assassins.

I like pirates.

But I don't know if I like pirate assassins.

But I do know I don't want naval warfare to be a main objective, I like it more of as a fun secondary thing. While I enjoyed the hell out of it and hoped they kept it, this is not what I envisioned.:lol

EnoughSaid
03-01-2013, 08:40 PM
So what time is this? And I hope it's centered around Europe and not the gulf.

Burgz V2
03-02-2013, 05:05 AM
So what time is this? And I hope it's centered around Europe and not the gulf.

Piracy was most prevalent in European colonies, rather than in Europe itself. If it's about pirates it will most likely be somewhere in the Caribbean. The character in the pic has blonde hair, so maybe he's Dutch, maybe we are seeing the first of the Dutch East India Company in the series?

Rose
03-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Piracy was most prevalent in European colonies, rather than in Europe itself. If it's about pirates it will most likely be somewhere in the Caribbean. The character in the pic has blonde hair, so maybe he's Dutch, maybe we are seeing the first of the Dutch East India Company in the series?
Assassins of the Caribbean. :bowdown:

LJJ
03-02-2013, 04:00 PM

If it's set in the Caribbean it's more likely the Dutch West India Company will make an appearance than the East India Company. :pimp:

The premiere trailer is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_njXXSqlLk

Another AC game, in a completely new setting with new gameplay coming october no less? I'll be very impressed if they manage to maintain the quality.

Burgz V2
03-02-2013, 04:25 PM
If it's set in the Caribbean it's more likely the Dutch West India Company will make an appearance than the East India Company. :pimp:

The premiere trailer is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_njXXSqlLk

Another AC game, in a completely new setting with new gameplay coming october no less? I'll be very impressed if they manage to maintain the quality.

:hammerhead: you know thats what I meant

I hope there is new gameplay, I'd hate for this to be the new COD, change the setting and characters but exactly the same game.

nightprowler10
03-02-2013, 04:42 PM
I hope there is new gameplay, I'd hate for this to be the new COD, change the setting and characters but exactly the same game.
This is exactly what I'm expecting at this point.

Burgz V2
03-02-2013, 04:46 PM
oh shieeeeettttt Blackbeard!

Rose
03-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Youtube link doesn't work for me.:confusedshrug:

ballup
03-02-2013, 06:02 PM
The protagonist seems to be directly related to Connor as his last name is Kenway.

nightprowler10
03-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Interesting.

EnoughSaid
03-03-2013, 02:15 AM
Here is a backup link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Yp3uWUTFGg

Other one got taken down.

So I'm guessing we'll have a new main guy? And then he's going to go into the Animus and be Edward. Hmmm okay.

I still don't understand why instead of going for a huge city with buildings and rooftops and all that, they go for islands and ships? Come on man. AC used to be all about climbing and scaling huge structures and playing through iconic locations. They should have done China. Beijing specifically.

CeltsGarlic
03-03-2013, 01:31 PM
History was one of the core strengths of the game..

Jailblazers7
03-03-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't think I mind the change of direction all that much. Edward seems to have potential. AC got to where it is with the parkour stuff and large structure but I don't mind the game evolving into something a bit different. I'd rather spend money on a game that continues to change while hopefully maintaining quality than the same game that just changes location every year.

EnoughSaid
03-03-2013, 08:44 PM
If Edward is anything like Ezio, this game will be the shit. Looks like he likes to bang bitches, drink and party though, so it's all good. :rockon:

CelticBaller
03-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Pirates are fvcking awesome :bowdown:

Al Thornton
03-04-2013, 08:29 PM
I don't think I mind the change of direction all that much. Edward seems to have potential. AC got to where it is with the parkour stuff and large structure but I don't mind the game evolving into something a bit different. I'd rather spend money on a game that continues to change while hopefully maintaining quality than the same game that just changes location every year.

i agree with all of this completely. what has made the assassin's creed series interesting is that continue to try new shit. some of it has worked really well and some of it has sucked but that is better than them making the same game every single time, which they could have done after they figured out what they were doing and made a successful game with ac 2.

Rose
03-05-2013, 05:48 PM
My only thing is the last AC and to a far lesser degree Revelations weren't very assassin-like. They seem to be getting away from the core idea of what made the first three games anywhere between great and perfect.

There were FAR less missions in III that involved sneaking into a place and figuring out the best way to assassinate a target, get a chest or two if you wanted, and then escape.

I'm fine with them changing it up and expanding I LOVED the addition of seas battles and thought they were terrific, the brotherhoods were terrific etc. But to some degree there are certain things that you have to have to make it a real AC game: a great environment, tough puzzles, stealth assassinations and things like that which recently they've stepped away from.

Jailblazers7
03-05-2013, 06:17 PM
My only thing is the last AC and to a far lesser degree Revelations weren't very assassin-like. They seem to be getting away from the core idea of what made the first three games anywhere between great and perfect.

There were FAR less missions in III that involved sneaking into a place and figuring out the best way to assassinate a target, get a chest or two if you wanted, and then escape.

I'm fine with them changing it up and expanding I LOVED the addition of seas battles and thought they were terrific, the brotherhoods were terrific etc. But to some degree there are certain things that you have to have to make it a real AC game: a great environment, tough puzzles, stealth assassinations and things like that which recently they've stepped away from.

Idk I kind of got my assassin fix from sneaking into the forts and taking control of them. It was similar to the Brotherhood towers.

Brotherhood was the best for the assassin kills and missions tho. That game was the ****ing best.

nightprowler10
03-05-2013, 06:54 PM
I disagree. The assassination contracts in AC2 were the best. They added so many more of them in the DLCs too.

I agree that there wasn't enough sneaky assassin stuff in Revelations and AC3. They didn't even bother with the truth puzzles type stuff in the last one. You guys remember the puzzles from AC2? So awesome.

I might go back and play AC2 over again. I actually planned my honeymoon based on that game. :lol

Jailblazers7
03-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Never messed around with the contracts in AC2. Guess I should check those out.

Rose
03-06-2013, 12:23 PM
I disagree. The assassination contracts in AC2 were the best. They added so many more of them in the DLCs too.

I agree that there wasn't enough sneaky assassin stuff in Revelations and AC3. They didn't even bother with the truth puzzles type stuff in the last one. You guys remember the puzzles from AC2? So awesome.

I might go back and play AC2 over again. I actually planned my honeymoon based on that game. :lol
I bought ac2 because it was on sale last week, never beat it. Got stuck in the go north east south and west in the church. Could not do two of the directions. Simply quit. I hope to beat it this time.

Ac2 was the perfect balance of gameplay IMO. It had everything but you could do it in a different ways, you could just walk in and murder everyone if you were good enough and had good armor, but if you wanted to be an assassin you could. And they completely stepped away from that, which is where I disagree with you jail blazers, the forts seemed ridiculously easy to just walk up to kill 4 guards, and then kill everyone inside.

One thing that concerns me, is how they're going to explain Edward being an assassin but his son going to the Templars. They can't really play on history like they could with Connor. Or at least not to the best of my knowledge anyways.

Jailblazers7
03-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Well, I tried to stealth my way through the forts. No point in me playing the game if my plan is to just walk up to the guards and start murdering people. At that point it just becomes a button mashing game and I would have already ruined the playing experience for myself.

They could avoid stuff like this if they found a way to incorporate different levels of difficulty in the gameplay but its prob not worth it to do so.

Noob Saibot
03-06-2013, 01:47 PM
AC2 had the best story, AC Brotherhood had the coolest missions, and AC: Revelations had the best variety of multi-player games. ACIII meh, best hunting?

I should've known ACIV would pick up off the the navy missions of ACIII.

EnoughSaid
03-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Yeah I'm with you guys on the fact that ACIII was much more of an open/action game. I mean part of it has to do with the fact that it is taking time during a war, but I feel like the only part that made you feel stealth-like was the forts as someone else mentioned. Most of the time though I found myself just fighting like a brutal maniac and not having to hide. I mean Ubisoft tried to add those "Remain undetected" side missions, but the game still felt like it was more wide open.

I'm hoping ACIV comes back towards the roots of the franchise and really focuses on making Edward this super dynamic character that isn't only a pirate, but is a kick-ass stealthy assassin.

And I'm wondering as to how they went through a whole game without mentioning Haytham's father. Like wut? Why couldn't Haytham be like, "You know, my father was an assassin too?" But I'm guessing he didn't even know his father. Cuz by the looks of the trailer, Edward banged bitched left and right so he wouldn't have known if he knocked someone up.

WhiteMamba
03-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Honestly, it looks pretty sweet. I like the idea of "Pirate Assassin", plus this apparently will have no loading screens.