PDA

View Full Version : Why the FCUK is Bill Simmons on ESPN?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-09-2013, 12:52 AM
1 of the worst retards i have seen as a analyst

Fudge
02-09-2013, 12:53 AM
You've heard*

But yes, I agree.

TylerOO
02-09-2013, 12:54 AM
ESPN round table sucks as a whole. Magic is half-retarded it seems. Simmons is an idiot. Jalen Rose can't say big words and Wilbon is just boring as ****. They are better off with 4 ISH posters and I mean that.

Heavincent
02-09-2013, 12:55 AM
He's not that bad.

Would you rather have Chris Broussard? Or John Berry?

Fudge
02-09-2013, 12:55 AM
ESPN round table sucks as a whole. Magic is half-retarded it seems. Simmons is an idiot. Jalen Rose can't say big words and Wilbon is just boring as ****. They are better off with 4 ISH posters and I mean that.
So true. :oldlol: Dude seems like he has a limited vocabulary.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-09-2013, 12:57 AM

these mutha fcuka's dont add anything....horrible....Bill Simmons is like a teenage kid playing NBA 2K and talking about trades???

magic smacked him on why he would trade Al Jefferson

FindingTim
02-09-2013, 01:23 AM
I love Bill Simmons, and frankly I don't understand the criticism

Rekindled
02-09-2013, 01:30 AM
he is still the best analyst on the panel though,

jalen rose too ghetto
magic only says the obvious
wilbon is boring as hell

TylerOO
02-09-2013, 01:34 AM
he is still the best analyst on the panel though,

jalen rose too ghetto
magic only says the obvious
wilbon is boring as hell

:roll: :roll: I have never heard a truer statement.

daily
02-09-2013, 01:38 AM
I love Bill Simmons, and frankly I don't understand the criticism
Simmons is OK. I'm a Laker fan and I have no problem with what he says. He's usually close to rightwith his analysis. It's usually just fanboys that don't want to hear the truth or an unbiased opinion that have problems with what he says

stephanieg
02-09-2013, 01:52 AM
How could someone as bland as Simmons provoke such outrage? Did he hit on your gf or something? I'm pretty sure if you stabbed him he'd bleed vanilla ice cream.

TylerOO
02-09-2013, 01:53 AM
How could someone as bland as Simmons provoke such outrage? Did he hit on your gf or something? I'm pretty sure if you stabbed him he'd bleed vanilla ice cream.

I think that is why so many people don't like him :lol He is so normal and a *****. No personality and brings nothing to the table that we haven't seen.

Spaulding
02-09-2013, 01:57 AM
TNT

ESPN

Yes, it's that much of a gap between NBA on the two channels.

stephanieg
02-09-2013, 01:58 AM
Actually he does like to troll Magic a little.

MeLO MvP 15
02-09-2013, 01:59 AM
I like Simmons. The only thing that annoys me is Celtics hommerism. It's pretty obnoxious, but Simmons is actually a great analyst IMO. He's witty and really knows the game. His voice is annoying tho.

Draz
02-09-2013, 02:41 AM
I don't phucks with that ESPN.

Breezy
02-09-2013, 03:29 AM
I love Bill Simmons. He's a funny, witty, down to earth Fan and analyst. It's no coincidence that Laker fans all hate him since he hates the lakers. He's fair to them though, when he's talking trash and when he's analyzing are 2 clearly separate instances.

The only problem with him I have is when he's talking NBA or NFL he spends at least a quarter of his time talking Celtics/Patriots before he gets to the rest of the league.

TheStarting5ive
02-09-2013, 03:58 AM
A Lakers homer hates a Celtics homer.

Shock of the century.

robmendez25
02-09-2013, 09:56 AM
The greatest NBA analyst round table would be:
Earnie Johnson and/or Stuart Scott
Charles Barkley
Stephen A. Smith
Shaq (Just so he can go at it with Chuck and Stephen)
Kenny Smith (He's the only one that truly analyzes the game)
Let's throw in John Barry just cause I like how he criticizes teams.

... Now it's a party :banana:

Shepseskaf
02-09-2013, 10:05 AM
It makes you wonder how network executives make decisions on who to place to place on a show.

Simmons just blows on tv. This was easy to see from his appearances on PTI. He has no presence and his voice sounds like a bytch. Plus his true understanding of the game is very suspect.

Magic and Jalen can at least provide insight from a player's perspective. Jalen shouldn't be the host, though.

Wilbon is too vanilla to add anything of real value.

Who put this group together, thinking it would be entertaining to watch?

Vertical-24
02-09-2013, 10:34 AM

Alpha, Pauk, Hank and Jabbar??

reppy
02-09-2013, 11:05 AM
I've liked the Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons videos I have watched on www.youtube.com/GrantlandNetwork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPifae15xyM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efFboJGDPVQ (no Bill Simmons, a different host)

knickswin
02-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Wilbon is also a huge Bulls homer who can't get past his biases.

Anyway, my problems with Bill Simmons:
1.) his voice is not meant for televsion (or radio for that matter)

2.) the stupid snowball's-chance-in-hell trade suggestions he's always coming up with that suggest he's totally out of touch with how the NBA operates in reality. The thing is, the NBA doesn't operate like NBA 2k: just because a trade would make both teams better doesn't mean it's realistic. Usually there is something else that is the catalyst for the trade: a player is due for a bigger contract, the team wants to shed salary. Think about all the biggest recent trades--Harden, Gay, and Joe Johnson--all of those trades went down because of finance stuff, not really for basketball reasons.

3.) the stupid false narratives he's always creating. crap like "the heat lost this game because lebron is afraid of reaching his potential" or "this game was kobe making a statement that this was his team," "this game shows that player X is truly a beta and can never be an alpha like bird and jordan" or whatever ... just dumb stuff that he would never be able to prove.

4.) I don't think his x's and o's knowledge of basketball is much better if at all than the average fan's

sportsfan76
02-09-2013, 02:36 PM
1 of the worst retards i have seen as a analyst

The sad thing is he doesn't even know he is retarded:roll:

Freedom Kid7
02-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Truth be told, I like Simmons. I think this year's roundtable at ESPN is far and away superior to what they had last year.

sportsfan76
02-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Actually he does like to troll Magic a little.
You noticed that too huh? LOL

magnax1
02-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Huge improvement over Barry and Broussard. Wasn't it Barry yesterday who said something like "The Bulls wont trade Boozer for Bargnani because Thibs is too intent on keeping them a good defense." As if Boozer has done anything but play shit defense his whole career.

Clifton
02-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Simmons just blows on tv. This was easy to see from his appearances on PTI. He has no presence
I agree. And this is why I kinda like him. He has no business on TV whatsoever. It's like someone took any above average ISH poster who was white and stuck him on TV.

I wouldn't agree that his understanding of the game is suspect, but it is very bird's-eye. Probably most fans have never played competitive ball though. And players are often wrong about things BECAUSE they've been out there. That's why former players always overrate Kobe Bryant.. they're thinking about individual performance because that was their job for fifteen years... less what indeed results in wins.

3peated
02-09-2013, 08:16 PM
his trade scenarios are usually retarded, but he is a good analyst otherwise.

Glide2keva
02-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Wilbon is also a huge Bulls homer who can't get past his biases.He barely gives the Bulls any love, and when he does, it's a passing compliment. But I guess any love given to the Bulls = HUGE HOMER

sportsfan76
02-09-2013, 08:58 PM
He barely gives the Bulls any love, and when he does, it's a passing compliment. But I guess any love given to the Bulls = HUGE HOMER

Come on, Wilboun has always been a Bulls and Bears homer

gilalizard
02-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Even while personally despising the historical douchebaggery of beantown sports, I like Simmons.

He's one of the better sports analysts/commentators, even when he's intent on jerking off to bawstan teams.

knickswin
02-09-2013, 11:41 PM
He barely gives the Bulls any love, and when he does, it's a passing compliment. But I guess any love given to the Bulls = HUGE HOMER

the only reason you can't see how big of a homer he is is that you're an even bigger homer ...