PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix making a run for shumpert

EricGordon23
02-09-2013, 09:15 PM
According to Woj on twitter. would post the tweet but I'm on my phone.

What are the chances this happens? Are Knicks fans alright with this? Who would you want in return.

imdaman99
02-09-2013, 09:17 PM
get your hands off our best perimeter defender :kobe:

Scoooter
02-09-2013, 09:23 PM
get your hands off our best perimeter defender :kobe:
Which is fairly upsetting considering how he's been playing lately. The Suns have some interesting pieces, I think.

Haymaker
02-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Cool, Shumpert for Dragic. There's nothing else worth Shumpert in Phoenix.

iDunk
02-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Only way I'm dealing Shump to Phoenix is if they do this:

Shump, Thomas, Brewer

For

Dudley, O'Neal, Suns' 2013 1st round pick

And that will never happen cause the Suns aren't that dumb..

Whoah10115
02-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Only way I'm dealing Shump to Phoenix is if they do this:

Shump, Thomas, Brewer

For

Dudley, O'Neal, Suns' 2013 1st round pick

And that will never happen cause the Suns aren't that dumb..

What the **** are you talking about, that's a terrible deal for the Knicks.

Lay off Shump, Phoenix. I'll kill you, myself.

Rekindled
02-09-2013, 09:38 PM

shump felton novak for dudley dragic , win win

GreatHILL
02-09-2013, 09:43 PM
maybe but why would the suns offer their starting pg for that trash? lol

imdaman99
02-09-2013, 09:43 PM
shump felton novak for dudley dragic , win win
no. since when did dragic become some kinda legend? why dont the knicks trade amare for garbargiani too while they at it?

niko
02-09-2013, 09:44 PM
There's not good matchup. Knicks need assets now, not picks. Shump is a necessary piece, why would we trade him for a future asset? And Dudley and future #1 doesn't make sense for us.

kNicKz
02-09-2013, 09:44 PM
You guys can keep dragic, I'm good :roll:

iDunk
02-09-2013, 09:46 PM

You're overrating Shump. Shump's best case is Tony Allen with an offensive game. We'd get Dudley who is a very underrated player in this league, & a potentially top 6 pick in next years draft. We'd have a shot at Shabazz freaking Muhammed.

I love Shump & the only way I'm doing this deal is if the Suns send us their pick this coming draft.

Rekindled
02-09-2013, 09:57 PM

felton might be better than dragic on O. but dragic is a much better defender, felton is one of the worst PG defender in the league, he is the main reason why knicks penetration defense is one of the worst in the league.

bagelred
02-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Wha? I can't see this happening. Why would the Knicks even consider this?

iDunk
02-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Knicks are asking for trouble, a move like this could disrupt team chemistry & the locker room.

Patrick Chewing
02-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Suns are delusional

blablabla
02-09-2013, 10:31 PM
never gonna happen

niko
02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Knicks are asking for trouble, a move like this could disrupt team chemistry & the locker room.
Shump hasn't been there all year. I can think of reasons why not to do this, that is not one of them.

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2013, 10:58 PM
When I first saw this topic my thought was, "Why would a team at the bottom of their conference make it a priority to get a defensive roleplayer guard?" The best case scenario for Shumpert is that he develops into a Tony Allen-type, why would a team with as many holes as Phoenix make him the focus?

Then looking into this topic I'm seeing all these Knick fans acting like PHX doesn't have the assets to make it work. Really? Career, he averages 8.9 points on 39%. He's a very good defender but that doesn't make a player untouchable, especially when the player isn't a big. Phoenix is on pace for a lottery pick, why would you turn down that package? And Dragic isn't worth Shumpert? I'd agree that with Felton (and Kidd) NY doesn't need Dragic but Dragic is more valuable than Shumpert right now.

Whatever though, these kinds of rumors normally come to nothing anyhow.

iDunk
02-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Shump hasn't been there all year. I can think of reasons why not to do this, that is not one of them.
Shump was in the locker room & is great friends with pretty much everyone on the team. A trade like this would affect the team, trust me.

iDunk
02-09-2013, 11:02 PM
S/O to the Phoenix Suns:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5058/willywonkayougetnothing.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/willywonkayougetnothing.gif/)

imdaman99
02-09-2013, 11:03 PM
When I first saw this topic my thought was, "Why would a team at the bottom of their conference make it a priority to get a defensive roleplayer guard?" The best case scenario for Shumpert is that he develops into a Tony Allen-type, why would a team with as many holes as Phoenix make him the focus?

Then looking into this topic I'm seeing all these Knick fans acting like PHX doesn't have the assets to make it work. Really? Career, he averages 8.9 points on 39%. He's a very good defender but that doesn't make a player untouchable, especially when the player isn't a big. Phoenix is on pace for a lottery pick, why would you turn down that package? And Dragic isn't worth Shumpert? I'd agree that with Felton (and Kidd) NY doesn't need Dragic but Dragic is more valuable than Shumpert right now.

sure, meanwhile avery bradley is untouchable :bowdown:

iDunk
02-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Dude, Avery Bradley can defend the planet from a gigantic asteroid therefore that clearly makes him untouchable. :rolleyes:

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2013, 11:11 PM
When/where did I say that? If you're going to quote me, quote me.

EricGordon23
02-09-2013, 11:26 PM

I'll take Bradley over shumpert any day of the week and twice on Sunday's

SevereUpInHere
02-09-2013, 11:28 PM
el gringos - Shumpert to Phoenix, Bargnani to New York

SevereUpInHere
02-09-2013, 11:31 PM

I love Shump, but for Phoenix's 1st round pick next year? Hell yeah. That's going to be a top 5 pick.

niko
02-09-2013, 11:39 PM

So would you trade Avery Bradley for Dudley? NO? Neither would we trade Shump. You don't trade young assets for journeyman players. Yes, Shump hasn't done much because it's only his second year. You are quoting stats like he's played years.

As far as Dragic, etc. that's just delusional people saying delusional things. It has nothing to do with this trade. Neither is Phoenix offering us their pick next year, unless its protected up the ass.

el gringos
02-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Suns get shumpert, Landry fields, drew gooden

Bucks get amare, derozen, Beasley, j white, k Thomas

Raptors get dalembert, beno udrih, Shannon brown

Knicks get Monta Ellis, Bargnani, illyasova

In reality I'd see it hard to trade shumpert without being part of a big deal. IMO only 2 pieces Knicks could want from suns are dragic or gortat

jimmy77x
02-09-2013, 11:47 PM

In reality I'd see it hard to trade shumpert without being part of a big deal. IMO only 2 pieces Knicks could want from suns are dragic or gortat

:roll: :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2013, 11:54 PM
So would you trade Avery Bradley for Dudley? NO? Neither would we trade Shump. You don't trade young assets for journeyman players. Yes, Shump hasn't done much because it's only his second year. You are quoting stats like he's played years.

As far as Dragic, etc. that's just delusional people saying delusional things. It has nothing to do with this trade. Neither is Phoenix offering us their pick next year, unless its protected up the ass.
I never mentioned Dudley. I only talked about Dragic and the lottery pick that your "delusional people" were valuing Shumpert over. As for the stats quoted, note that I acknowledged he can become a better player, setting his ceiling at Tony Allen's level. TA is a solid starter.

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2013, 11:55 PM

In reality I'd see it hard to trade shumpert without being part of a big deal. IMO only 2 pieces Knicks could want from suns are dragic or gortatIt's like a dog whistle.

blablabla
02-10-2013, 12:06 AM
I never mentioned Dudley. I only talked about Dragic and the lottery pick that your "delusional people" were valuing Shumpert over. As for the stats quoted, note that I acknowledged he can become a better player, setting his ceiling at Tony Allen's level. TA is a solid starter.
Shumpert can be become as good defensively as Tony Allen and is already a better offensive player, so he is probably going to be a bit better than Tony Allen

Real Men Wear Green
02-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Shumpert can be become as good defensively as Tony Allen and is already a better offensive player, so he is probably going to be a bit better than Tony Allen
I've seen little difference there. Neither guy has much skill, maybe Shumpert surpasses him if he comes back from the surgery well but even the loss of athleticism to injury reminds me of Allen.

ILLsmak
02-10-2013, 01:56 AM

rofl epic trade. Looks like the raps are getting shit upon.

-Smak

Y2Gezee
02-10-2013, 02:28 AM
I've seen little difference there. Neither guy has much skill, maybe Shumpert surpasses him if he comes back from the surgery well but even the loss of athleticism to injury reminds me of Allen.

That's only because you have no idea what you're talking about.

I think Shumpert can be a 13ppg scorer and 3-4 assist guy next year from the 2/3 position. I could see him becoming a consistent 15-16ppg guy and about 5 assist if given that type of role. Decision making on when to shoot and when to pass is the only thing preventing him from being a pg/combo guard type... I've thought of him as a SG type that could convert to a pg with better decision making...much like Billups had to develop over his career. He's a talented passer, very good slasher, and he's developed his jumpshot since maybe the all star break of his rookie season. And was arguably a better defender last year than Tony Allen as a rookie.

He's really shown that he can truly do it all, and is a very aggressive guy with leadership ability (still very young though, on a veteran team)...as he fully recovers from the ACL surgery next year I think he's ready to break out. While I feel like the Knicks are going to be able to re-sign JR for the MLE...I personally think JR does and will stunt his production. But to say Iman Shumpert doesn't have very much skill is ridiculous...he's got very good handles and passing ability...and not just a catch and shoot player, actually has a pull up that he successfully uses in one on one and transition situations.

And a bottom-dweller like Phoenix trading first round picks for him after just returning from ACL surgery, says they see it too. The Knicks shooting that down, says more.

It's not gonna happen. Stephen A Smith said at the beginning of the season, before Iman returned, that Knicks front office sees Iman as the Knicks 2nd best perimeter player after Carmelo. Considering that includes JR Smith who many thought should've been an all star ( I disagree) and Raymond Felton (who I think would've been an allstar this year had he not gotten hurt for a month)....that says something. Worst case, I see this guy as the ultimate role player, very smart and a hard worker.

el gringos
02-10-2013, 04:50 AM
rofl epic trade. Looks like the raps are getting shit upon.

-Smak
The raptors fans on ish act like you couldn't give Bargnani away for an expirer. And it's probably true about fields. And then to top it off they say derozen now has negative trade value because of his 10 mill per season deal starting next year. That's the reason I think this trade is great because this is what they claim they are asking for.

Clutch
02-10-2013, 05:20 AM

It was totally predictable but still a great call :roll: :roll: :roll:

Blue&Orange
02-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Suns want shumpert 2.0? Can't be done. Suns are trying to take advantage to the fact that Shump is playing like crap right now.

If the pick was unproteced i would think about it, Suns probably are offering a protected pick so no.

andremiller07
02-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Kinda strange move for the Suns imo, Shumpert is good no doubt but hes had both his knees operated on already and would be a big risk. If I were the Suns I'd keep both the pick and Dudley for now. I don't think the move makes much sense for the Knicks ethier tbh they going to need Shumpert in the playoffs big time to defend some of the top wings/guards.

wagexslave
02-10-2013, 08:25 AM
lol @ The thought of Shumpert being worth Dragic.

wagexslave
02-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Suns are delusional
Knicks FANS are the most delusional in the entire NBA. They always have been and continue to prove that they still are.

GreatHILL
02-10-2013, 08:32 AM
the knicks fans are garbage so is their team

livingby3's
02-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Shumpert is a good piece but I'm hope we won't be trading away our pick

Real Men Wear Green
02-10-2013, 09:21 AM
That's only because you have no idea what you're talking about.It be nice if you enlightened my ignorance with facts instead of talking shit and backing it with the following useless conjecture:

I think Shumpert can be a 13ppg scorer and 3-4 assist guy next year from the 2/3 position. I could see him becoming a consistent 15-16ppg guy and about 5 assist if given that type of role. Decision making on when to shoot and when to pass is the only thing preventing him from being a pg/combo guard type... I've thought of him as a SG type that could convert to a pg with better decision making...much like Billups had to develop over his career. He's a talented passer, very good slasher, and he's developed his jumpshot since maybe the all star break of his rookie season. And was arguably a better defender last year than Tony Allen as a rookie. "You think?" Based on what? Billups had/has a jumper with range. Shumpert has hit threes in the short sample of this season but has shot 34% overall so far this season. Shumpert is about athleticism, Billups was not. Comparing him to Billups doesn't make sense. "Talented passer?" Based on what? He's not a point guard now and never will be.

He's really shown that he can truly do it all, and is a very aggressive guy with leadership ability (still very young though, on a veteran team)...as he fully recovers from the ACL surgery next year I think he's ready to break out. While I feel like the Knicks are going to be able to re-sign JR for the MLE...I personally think JR does and will stunt his production. But to say Iman Shumpert doesn't have very much skill is ridiculous...he's got very good handles and passing ability...and not just a catch and shoot player, actually has a pull up that he successfully uses in one on one and transition situations. He's got this great jumper but has hit 39%? His dribbling is alright but nothing special by NBA guard standards. "Leadership?" Whatever, I doubt NY has asked that of him at all. I admit I don't pay enough attention to him to notice something like that but I'd bet money that NY's leaders are Kidd and Chandler, maybe STAT, maybe Melo.

And a bottom-dweller like Phoenix trading first round picks for him after just returning from ACL surgery, says they see it too. The Knicks shooting that down, says more.You can't validate that at all. It's a rumor. Woj says they were offered Dudley and 1 future first. That's not this year's lottery pick and we don't know how deep into the draft that future first is protected.

Whoah10115
02-10-2013, 12:16 PM
You're overrating Shump. Shump's best case is Tony Allen with an offensive game. We'd get Dudley who is a very underrated player in this league, & a potentially top 6 pick in next years draft. We'd have a shot at Shabazz freaking Muhammed.

I love Shump & the only way I'm doing this deal is if the Suns send us their pick this coming draft.

No I'm not. The best perimeter defender with an offensive game sounds like what to you? Shumpert will be an all-star and there isn't any one particularly impressive in this draft. Smart, maybe, and I don't want him over Shumpert. I have no interest in Shabazz. Besides, isn't he a 3? I think we have one of those.

Shumpert is going to be a better defender than Tony Allen. And he's going to be a scorer. Why would I want to trade him for a pick? No.

Whoah10115
02-10-2013, 12:23 PM
I love Shump, but for Phoenix's 1st round pick next year? Hell yeah. That's going to be a top 5 pick.

It just sounds good to say top 5 pick..but who do we want and what are they gonna offer? Much less immediately, on a good team?

Shump is not a role player. Avery Bradley is not near the player Shumpert is. The only comparison is their defense and Bradley is a better spot-up shooter. Shumpert can handle the ball, run some point, he can score. And he's going to score.

Burgz V2
02-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Suns would have to give up something substantial because it wouldn't make sense to trade Shump, he's one of the few perimeter lockdown defenders in the league and the Knicks backcourt isn't getting any younger.

this would be an extremely stupid move either way you look at it, there is nothing PHX could offer that would justify a trade.

stevieming
02-10-2013, 01:18 PM
If the Knicks are serious about winning this year, they need to keep Shump.

Shump can lock Wade down...well make him less efficient anyway.

Pre ACL injury Shump, I think can lock Wade now for definite...

Scoooter
02-10-2013, 02:58 PM
A lot of people need to actually watch Knicks games. Post-ACL Shump isn't pre-ACL Shump, unfortunately. Might take him a year to get back, if he ever does. Right now he isn't contributing much of anything.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
02-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Wouldn't trade Shump at all. If there was any chance I would consider it, the package would have to look something like Dudley, Keef Morris and a 1st. If they don't want to negotiate, goodbye.

Y2Gezee
02-10-2013, 03:25 PM
It be nice if you enlightened my ignorance with facts instead of talking shit and backing it with the following useless conjecture:
"You think?" Based on what? Billups had/has a jumper with range. Shumpert has hit threes in the short sample of this season but has shot 34% overall so far this season. Shumpert is about athleticism, Billups was not. Comparing him to Billups doesn't make sense. "Talented passer?" Based on what? He's not a point guard now and never will be.

He's got this great jumper but has hit 39%? His dribbling is alright but nothing special by NBA guard standards. "Leadership?" Whatever, I doubt NY has asked that of him at all. I admit I don't pay enough attention to him to notice something like that but I'd bet money that NY's leaders are Kidd and Chandler, maybe STAT, maybe Melo.

You can't validate that at all. It's a rumor. Woj says they were offered Dudley and 1 future first. That's not this year's lottery pick and we don't know how deep into the draft that future first is protected.

I've never seen more rhetorical bullshit in one post.

What, you want some stat to prove the guy can pass? Why don't you watch a ****ing game. You bring up his fg% for this season, then say his 40+% 3pt percentage doesn't matter? Not knowing that so far he's been primarily a 3pt shooter....because....drumroll....you haven't watched games.

And it's not just a rumor that the Suns want him. He was the piece they wanted back in order for Nash to become a Knick last off season...they've always wanted him....and who cares if its a future first? The Suns are lottery bound for quite sometime my friend.

And the Billups comparison has everything to do with having to develop decision making, not the only thing that you know about in this entire argument...that Iman Shumpert is athletic.

I agree RMWG Iman Shumpert is athletic. Thanks

Michael_Wilbon
02-10-2013, 03:39 PM
It just sounds good to say top 5 pick..but who do we want and what are they gonna offer? Much less immediately, on a good team?

Shump is not a role player. Avery Bradley is not near the player Shumpert is. The only comparison is their defense and Bradley is a better spot-up shooter. Shumpert can handle the ball, run some point, he can score. And he's going to score.

I think he's right..you really do overrate Shump. I like him, but I don't think he's going to be as great as you're making him out to be.

Draz
02-10-2013, 04:02 PM
PHUCK NO. PHUCK OUT OF HERE PHX. WE DONT WANT NO ONE. Shumps our player, he's staying.

Real Men Wear Green
02-10-2013, 04:17 PM
I've never seen more rhetorical bullshit in one post.Then you should read what you write. As an added benefit you can edit your post to improve quality.

What, you want some stat to prove the guy can pass? Yes. When we claim a player is a good passer we can normally point to his apg being in some way better than the norm for a player at his position, even if we are forced to base it on some kind of per minute ratio.
Why don't you watch a ****ing game. Ironically, I'm watching a Knicks game right now. For the record, I don't think it's indicative of what he can d when fully healthy, but I'm not sure what his new normal will be post-op.
You bring up his fg% for this season, then say his 40+% 3pt percentage doesn't matter? Not knowing that so far he's been primarily a 3pt shooter....because....drumroll....you haven't watched games.Most of his shots have been 2s actually. And you didn't get the point I was making: If someone says his current three percentage is indicative of his shooting ability then they can't ignre his overalll FG %age for this season. That's why I talk about the career 39 instead of the current 34. Both of which numbers don't indicate a good shooter.

And it's not just a rumor that the Suns want him. He was the piece they wanted back in order for Nash to become a Knick last off season...they've always wanted him....and who cares if its a future first? The Suns are lottery bound for quite sometime my friend. So you're using one unsubstantiated rumor to back up another? Nice. Is every rumor we read about online true now? And of course it's important that it's a future first, every season we see teams go from the lottery to the playoffs. Any number of trades, signings or unexpected player developments could happen to make a team better than it was. Plus we have no idea what protections would be put on this future first. It's just a rumor after all.

And the Billups comparison has everything to do with having to develop decision making, not the only thing that you know about in this entire argument...that Iman Shumpert is athletic.The Billups comparison is just stupid. Shumpert isn't a point guard and isn't going to be one. Even if he had the aptitude (and he doesn't, it's not his natural position) how is he going to learn to be one when NY is playing him at SG? He's just going to figure it out playing streetball on his own?

Patrick Chewing
02-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Shump isn't doing much this season. I would keep playing Brewer while Shump heals up.

DStebb716
02-10-2013, 04:30 PM
They want him, but they won't be getting him. Simple as that.

MeLO MvP 15
02-10-2013, 04:34 PM
We'll give you Brewer and Copeland (plus fillers) for Dudley.

And good day.

Y2Gezee
02-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Then you should read what you write. As an added benefit you can edit your post to improve quality.
Yes. When we claim a player is a good passer we can normally point to his apg being in some way better than the norm for a player at his position, even if we are forced to base it on some kind of per minute ratio. Ironically, I'm watching a Knicks game right now. For the record, I don't think it's indicative of what he can d when fully healthy, but I'm not sure what his new normal will be post-op. Most of his shots have been 2s actually. And you didn't get the point I was making: If someone says his current three percentage is indicative of his shooting ability then they can't ignre his overalll FG %age for this season. That's why I talk about the career 39 instead of the current 34. Both of which numbers don't indicate a good shooter.

So you're using one unsubstantiated rumor to back up another? Nice. Is every rumor we read about online true now? And of course it's important that it's a future first, every season we see teams go from the lottery to the playoffs. Any number of trades, signings or unexpected player developments could happen to make a team better than it was. Plus we have no idea what protections would be put on this future first. It's just a rumor after all.

The Billups comparison is just stupid. Shumpert isn't a point guard and isn't going to be one. Even if he had the aptitude (and he doesn't, it's not his natural position) how is he going to learn to be one when NY is playing him at SG? He's just going to figure it out playing streetball on his own?

Wow...bunch of rhetoric. Our initial discussion is about his skills, not a rookie's production in what was a lockout shortened season and a year where he's 12 games back from ACL surgery. He played a lot of pg in college, D'antoni started him there last year too. :facepalm. You say he can't shoot, then base the argument on his 2pt and overall fg%...ignoring his current 3pt %...we already know he can slash and finish...more so when healthy.

And assists don't prove if a guy can pass...you seem to have no idea of role definition. I said he's a talented passer, because I've SEEN him making a lot of talented passes. There's a lot of guys who aren't flashy, or talented passers that can give you assist numbers because of their role...and vice versa.

If you knew what you were talking about you'd know that right now he's actually playing SF, and Woodson wants him running a lot more pick and rolls. There's a possibility he can become their backup pg. Not playing streetballl hahaha...great joke

Whoah10115
02-10-2013, 05:01 PM
I think he's right..you really do overrate Shump. I like him, but I don't think he's going to be as great as you're making him out to be.

He will be. Next season.

They want him, but they won't be getting him. Simple as that.

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 08:20 AM
this thread is also funny

kurple
02-12-2014, 08:23 AM

Real Men Wear Green
02-12-2014, 08:44 AM
I would like to pat myself on the back for magnanimously not calling out anyone for the things they had to say to me in this thread. I'm such a great guy.

poido123
02-12-2014, 09:01 AM

JohnFreeman
02-12-2014, 09:04 AM
F Shumpert

kNicKz
02-12-2014, 09:26 AM

meh, That wasn't an outrageous statement 12 months ago . Obviously now it would be. But we were discussing 2012-2013 Dragic and Shump

Jameerthefear
02-12-2014, 10:58 AM
meh, That wasn't an outrageous statement 12 months ago . Obviously now it would be. But we were discussing 2012-2013 Dragic and Shump
even back then it was sitll easily dragic

PejaNowitzki
02-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Wouldn't trade Shump at all. If there was any chance I would consider it, the package would have to look something like Dudley, Keef Morris and a 1st. If they don't want to negotiate, goodbye.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Its amazing that the Suns basically turned around and traded Dudley to the Clippers for a much better player than Shumpert.

imdaman99
02-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Shump :facepalm Why you let us down so much :cry:

Like the rest of the problems, I blame Woodson :rant