PDA

View Full Version : why does lebron get the mvp nod for stats only. hes like 6 games behind 2 teams

kennethgriffin
02-11-2013, 03:05 PM
theyre driving this years mvp based on purely numbers.

wheres kobes 2006 mvp and 2007 mvp?

if they were voting on the award like they did in those years.. tony parker or durant would win it

they gave it to nash with 15/10 for god sake

parkers numbers are near that

durants stats are insane and he has a way better record

this is the media doing their typical changing criteria and cherry picking what the mvp is every year

it used to be best player on the best team

thats how they kept it out of kobes hands so many times

now its just "lebrons awesome... give him mvp"

:oldlol:

thesage
02-11-2013, 03:07 PM
See that red bar under your name? That means you're a bad poster.

Stop posting.

francesco totti
02-11-2013, 03:08 PM
mainly because kobe team record was absymal..
lebron team record is close to a top record

Rysio
02-11-2013, 03:08 PM
6 games back of best record playing in the weak as east. mvp :facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Lebron is a ring away from kicking Kobe out of the top 10. You sound scared, son. :oldlol:

pegasus
02-11-2013, 03:09 PM

Stop posting.

See that green light under your name? That means you can go.

Drive away.

OP has a point.

Dave3
02-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Kobe in those years won 45 and 42 games. LeBron is on pace to win 58.

LeBron 3.5 games behind top seed in league.

Kobe was 19 games behind the top seed in the league, and 9 games behind Nash who had just lost his top scorer in 2006.

Kobe was 25 games behind Dirk's Mavs in 2007.

Your world - where 3.5=9 or even 25. Had Durant lost Westbrook and was still 9 games ahead of LeBron, he'd definitely be the favourite don't worry.

Had Durant been 25:eek: games ahead, he'd also be the favourite.

Neither of those scenarios are occurring - rendering this thread as useless as the rest of yours.

Doranku
02-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Lebron is a ring away from kicking Kobe out of the top 10. You sound scared, son. :oldlol:

LeBron will occupy 2-3 spots on the top 10 list? :biggums:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
LeBron will occupy 2-3 spots on the top 10 list? :biggums:

He's booting someone out, and it sure as hell isn't Hakeem and/or Duncan.

red1
02-11-2013, 03:14 PM
U mad?

Doranku
02-11-2013, 03:15 PM
He's booting someone out, and it sure as hell isn't Hakeem and/or Duncan.

Then how will he knock Kobe out? :wtf:

kennethgriffin
02-11-2013, 03:16 PM
lol whoever thinks kobes isnt generally accepted by the majority public and people around the league as a boarderline top 5 player all time needs a serious reality check

the only reason hes regularly ranked between 8-9th all time on message boards is because of the extreme kobeholic vs kobehaters balancing him out at that spot

those people make up like 1% of the population

lebron would probably bump hakeem or duncan

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Then how will he knock Kobe out? :wtf:

:confusedshrug:

Hakeem and Duncan are better players/have better legacies. Lebron goes in the top 10, Kobe goes out; it's as simple as that, my dude.

cavsfanatic
02-11-2013, 03:18 PM

Kobe was 19 games behind the top seed in the league, and 9 games behind Nash who had just lost his top scorer in 2006.

Your world - where 3.5=9 or even 25. Had Durant lost Westbrook and was still 9 games ahead of LeBron, he'd definitely be the favourite don't worry.

Neither of those scenarios are occurring - rendering this thread as useless as the rest of yours. :bowdown: couldn't have said it any better.

cavsfanatic
02-11-2013, 03:19 PM

Stop posting.
not 100% accurate. I have a red bar and I post nothing but facts lol. I don't even make threads.

Rysio
02-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Hakeem and Duncan are better players/have better legacies. Lebron goes in, Kobe goes out of the top 10; it's as simple as that.
yea thats why he was named player of the decade. :rolleyes:

Doranku
02-11-2013, 03:20 PM
:confusedshrug:

Hakeem and Duncan are better players/have better legacies. Lebron goes in, Kobe goes out of the top 10; it's as simple as that, my dude.

Duncan, yes. Hakeem? I don't think so.

red1
02-11-2013, 03:21 PM
hey kenny why you so sad for?

kennethgriffin
02-11-2013, 03:22 PM
hey kenny why you so sad for?

kinda feel bad for durant and parker

both probably coulda won atleast one mvp in their careers

both rightfully deserve it over lebron

but lebron will get his 4th?

jesus... the media better watch out. lebron could win 10 mvps at this rate

they might bury their own idol jordan in doing so ...

TerranOP
02-11-2013, 03:27 PM

Neither of those scenarios are occurring - rendering this thread as useless as the rest of yours.

/thread

red1
02-11-2013, 03:36 PM

they might bury their own idol jordan in doing so ...
poor tony parker and kevin durant, getting robbed by the undeserving cheating lebron

:kobe:

red1
02-11-2013, 03:40 PM
WHY U MAD FR KENNY?!!!??!!!
http://superpaddy.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/lebron-3mvp.jpg

fpliii
02-11-2013, 04:43 PM
what's good griff

BigTicket
02-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Miami is the #1 seed in the eastern conference.

In both 06 and 07 the Lakers were the 7th seed ....

TheMarkMadsen
02-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Duncan, yes. Hakeem? I don't think so.

Don't bother with Kuniva, dude's a Jordan groupie who's soul burns deep whenever a perimeter player has success.

He loves to hate on Kobe, and even recently he's been mocking Lebron's fans and downplaying his success.

He will continue to hate any perimeter player who has a career worthy of top 10 GOAT discussion

TheMarkMadsen
02-11-2013, 05:10 PM

compare Kobe's team those years to Lebrons teams that past 2 years..

bdreason
02-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Tony Parker is the current MVP of the NBA. He has carried his team to the best record in the NBA with help from guys like Danny Green and Tiago Splitter, while averaging 24/3/9 on 59%.

Myth
02-11-2013, 05:13 PM
I've always viewed MVP as 'best player on one of the best teams.'

BigTicket
02-11-2013, 05:16 PM
I've always viewed MVP as 'best player on one of the best teams.'

So has everyone else, the OP is just a Kobe fan whining about reality.

raid09
02-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Tony Parker is the current MVP of the NBA. He has carried his team to the best record in the NBA with help from guys like Danny Green and Tiago Splitter, while averaging 24/3/9 on 59%.

24/3/9 on 59% since when...?

Because he's averaging 20.7/3/7.7 on 53.5% for the season. That'd be some generous rounding.

bdreason
02-11-2013, 05:42 PM
24/3/9 on 59% since when...?

Because he's averaging 20.7/3/7.7 on 53.5% for the season. That'd be some generous rounding.

Since the 2nd and 3rd best players on the team, Duncan and Ginobili, went down with injuries. The fact that his stats and efficiency have improved since losing Duncan and Ginobili only strengthens his MVP argument IMO.

LikeABosh
02-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Heat are just 2 games behind the Thunder and Spurs in the L column and have beat both of them. If you really think that's a reason not to give Lebron MVP, :facepalm

Duncan21formvp
02-11-2013, 05:56 PM
I understand where the OP is coming from in that I don't think Shaq or MJ would get MVP on stats on a team that is favorite to win it all and yet didn't finish 1st in there conference. I think Lebron deserves MVP more this year than last year personally. I still can't fathom how he got it last year despite finishing behind the Bulls who missed it's star for 40% of the season. It would be like giving Shaq MVP in 2001 with Duncan out 40% of the season or MJ getting MVP in 1993 with Ewing out 40% of the season and still finishing 2nd in the conference. And these guys Shaq and MJ pretty much led in stats yearly as well.

2010splash
02-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Please... Kobe has never been anywhere near as statistically dominant as LeBron. Prime Kobe's stats were never even as good as Wade's. Heck, the year Kobe won his MVP he had worse stats than Paul, Wade, AND LeBron.

LeBron on the other hand is shattering records and making history. He is the most dominant player in NBA history not named Jordan.

Durant would deserve MVP another year, in a league where LeBron didn't exist.

It's not even close this year. It would be a travesty if LeBron doesn't win this year in a landslide.

Is He Ill
02-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Heat are just 2 games behind the Thunder and Spurs in the L column and have beat both of them. If you really think that's a reason not to give Lebron MVP, :facepalm

Yeah, that Spurs team that they beat was lead by Gary Neal.

Zedja
02-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Irving> Kobe

Hope I cause a shitstorm :D

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Don't bother with Kuniva, dude's a Jordan groupie who's soul burns deep whenever a perimeter player has success.

He loves to hate on Kobe, and even recently he's been mocking Lebron's fans and downplaying his success.

He will continue to hate any perimeter player who has a career worthy of top 10 GOAT discussion

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1352911/laugh.gif

knickscity
02-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Miami currently has less losses against the West, than the West do themselves.

HardwoodLegend
02-11-2013, 07:37 PM
I thought Kobe stans were all about the rings and scoff at LeBron's MVP's.

jlip
02-11-2013, 08:07 PM
You do know that Lebron just won the league MVP a mere 8 months ago, and his team ended with only the 4th best record in the league. Right? :confusedshrug: The Heat didn't even finish with the best record in their own conference.

knicksman
02-11-2013, 09:22 PM

Lebron fans clearly have the lowest IQ. wade and bosh>>>>>shaq so he needs 5 rings to beat kobe not 2.

knicksman
02-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Im sure if jordan was playing right now, lebron would still be winning mvps until jordan won his ring. And thats the only way durant could win an mvp if he too wins a ring. But thats better coz this guy would also end up the laughing stock of the league if he has 4-5 mvps while having only 1 ring to show for it. And worse is that he teamed with 2 other superstars to win it.

Nash
02-11-2013, 09:40 PM
See that green light under your name? That means you can go.

Drive away.

OP has a point.
Unbelievable. You're still going at it. It's been so many years now and you're still full of hate for Lebron. You even go all the way and agree with the OP who's a known troll and is making his usual retarded posts.

NumberSix
02-11-2013, 10:06 PM
yea thats why he was named player of the decade. :rolleyes:
You're aware that that's not a real award, right? Are you Michael Jackson?

Mr. Jabbar
02-11-2013, 10:15 PM
MVP is a joke, dont even bother understanding it OP. Kobe has only 1 :oldlol: , Shaq has only 1 :oldlol: , Nash has 2 :roll: . Most irrelevant trophy of this and the past decade.

NumberSix
02-11-2013, 10:23 PM
MVP is a joke, dont even bother understanding it OP. Kobe has only 1 :oldlol: , Shaq has only 1 :oldlol: , Nash has 2 :roll: . Most irrelevant trophy of this and the past decade.
Translation: LeBron has more than Kobe so you decided they don't count.

Mr. Jabbar
02-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Translation: LeBron has more than Kobe so you decided they don't count.

No need to translate. Statement is nothing but truth:

"MVP is a joke, dont even bother understanding it OP. Kobe has only 1 , Shaq has only 1 , Nash has 2 . Most irrelevant trophy of this and the past decade."

lpublic_enemyl
02-11-2013, 11:03 PM
think lebron is more concerned with a fmvp

j3lademaster
02-11-2013, 11:15 PM

they might bury their own idol jordan in doing so ...No need to feel bad for Durant. Dude is 7' with 7'5 wingspan and an automatic mid range, he'll average 25 ppg well into his 30's barring injury... mvp's will come.

konex
02-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Durant should win it based on recent criteria but losing the West to a banged-up Spurs team would probably hurt him..

alleykat
02-11-2013, 11:42 PM

"MVP is a joke, dont even bother understanding it OP. Kobe has only 1 , Shaq has only 1 , Nash has 2 . Most irrelevant trophy of this and the past decade."

well maybe it's because he only deserved one :confusedshrug:

anyways it's surprising that any laker fan would acknowledge shaq deserving more MVPs, usually he did nothing according to the people who post here...o w8 it's in a thread that's trying to discredit lebron's so i guess it makes sense

alleykat
02-11-2013, 11:43 PM

/thread

Kingwillball
02-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Right now Lebron is in the Lead. Thurs Night will go a long way if Durant outplays Lebron at home and OKC wins than he he is neck and neck but if Heat win and Lebron outplays Durant he distances himself a little more and will take alot for Durant o win it in the 2nd half of the season.

Twiens
02-11-2013, 11:50 PM
More wins with a weaker team. Not sure how Durant isn't the easy pick....

Spaulding
02-11-2013, 11:52 PM
I cannot wait for the game Thursday.

Heat and OKC will be playing like it's the playoffs!

:cheers:

Mr. Jabbar
02-11-2013, 11:58 PM
well maybe it's because he only deserved one :confusedshrug:

anyways it's surprising that any laker fan would acknowledge shaq deserving more MVPs, usually he did nothing according to the people who post here...o w8 it's in a thread that's trying to discredit lebron's so i guess it makes sense

Shaq was great and unstoppable, no1 denies it, what is denied is that kobe was purely carried by him. Kobe played 1/b and even 1a for some important stretches during playoffs in those years.

Anyway, the sole idea of nash having the same ammount of mvps as kobe and shaq combined is heretic. Yes, kobe and shaq have the same number of mvps as derrick rose.

Dave3
02-12-2013, 01:43 AM
compare Kobe's team those years to Lebrons teams that past 2 years..
Well aware of that already, but this is a thread about recent MVPs. I'm just using the general criteria for MVP in recent decades as part of my presumption of merit for the award - the combination of both individual dominance and team record.

As for my personal opinion on how the criteria should be, yeah mine is different, but this is a thread about using history as the standard.

GoSpursGo1984
02-12-2013, 02:07 AM
Right now Lebron is in the Lead. Thurs Night will go a long way if Durant outplays Lebron at home and OKC wins than he he is neck and neck but if Heat win and Lebron outplays Durant he distances himself a little more and will take alot for Durant o win it in the 2nd half of the season.

There seems to be a double standard when it comes to Lebron and other players like Durant for MVP. Ir Lebron and Durant switched places would we not not say with those numbers and his team having a better record that Lebron would be in the led so why can't Durant?

Mamba
02-12-2013, 02:08 AM
Lebron is playing out of his mind atm. being a Lebron fan though i have to say that he shouldn't get the MVP for the sheer reason that Dwyane Wade and Bosh have been healthy for most of the season.

Last season Wade was hurt and so was Bosh....and what happened? the heat were still winning. Lebron was on a mission last season i have never seen someone wanting to prove themselves as much as Lebron did last season..

(I don't even believe the Heat will repeat this year due to their front court becoming weaker.)

Say what you want about the birdman signing, which is all well and good but can the bird man be productive for 25-30 minutes? We just don't know yet.

The thunder look like they are out to prove something. Durant is playing with the same heart that Lebron was last season. Sure he can't do it all like Lebron can (rebounding, passing dribbling, defense although he has impoved), but he does one thing better than Lebron. I wouldn't say leaps and bounds better but if a prime Chauncey Billups was on this thunder team rather than russell westbrook i'd turn around and say Durant would be averaging 33-35 ppg this season. He's just that good at scoring.

He has been leading his team to wins, although i will claim his team is not as talented as Lebrons but is a better fit to his style of play. This gives him an advantage for wins, but a disadvantage to the MVP race, which should actually make Lebron look worse since his team has 3 players that could potentially carry their own team to an NBA finals with the right supporting cast.

I am a Lebron fan
I am a kobe hater
and i could care less about Durant
However i am not a teenager going through strong hormonal changes and trolls on this website to get a reaction. I will look at a situation logically. Durant does deserve the MVP this season. He's playing out of his mind, he is hitting every thing. He has improved his defense.

Lebron has played out of his mind maybe the last 10 games. Is it strong enough for the MVP title? Hell no! if he continues playing like this should he get MVP? why the hell not. But this sample size atm is no bigger than kobes spree a few seasons ago where he scored 50+ in 4 games.

At best Lebron is co-MVP right now

Durant has led his team to more wins in a stronger conference (although i will argue that defense is better in the east within some teams).

50/40/90 with more wins in a stronger conference is just too hard to argue against.

arifgokcen
02-12-2013, 02:24 AM
Lebron is playing out of his mind atm. being a Lebron fan though i have to say that he shouldn't get the MVP for the sheer reason that Dwyane Wade and Bosh have been healthy for most of the season.

Last season Wade was hurt and so was Bosh....and what happened? the heat were still winning. Lebron was on a mission last season i have never seen someone wanting to prove themselves as much as Lebron did last season..

(I don't even believe the Heat will repeat this year due to their front court becoming weaker.)

Say what you want about the birdman signing, which is all well and good but can the bird man be productive for 25-30 minutes? We just don't know yet.

The thunder look like they are out to prove something. Durant is playing with the same heart that Lebron was last season. Sure he can't do it all like Lebron can (rebounding, passing dribbling, defense although he has impoved), but he does one thing better than Lebron. I wouldn't say leaps and bounds better but if a prime Chauncey Billups was on this thunder team rather than russell westbrook i'd turn around and say Durant would be averaging 33-35 ppg this season. He's just that good at scoring.

He has been leading his team to wins, although i will claim his team is not as talented as Lebrons but is a better fit to his style of play. This gives him an advantage for wins, but a disadvantage to the MVP race, which should actually make Lebron look worse since his team has 3 players that could potentially carry their own team to an NBA finals with the right supporting cast.

I am a Lebron fan
I am a kobe hater
However i am not a teenager going through strong hormonal changes and trolls on this website to get a reaction. I will look at a situation logically. Durant does deserve the MVP this season. He's playing out of his mind, he is hitting every thing. He has improved his defense.

Lebron has played out of his mind maybe the last 10 games. Is it strong enough for the MVP title? Hell no! if he continues playing like this should he get MVP? why the hell not. But this sample size atm is no bigger than kobes spree a few seasons ago where he scored 50+ in 4 games.

Durant has led his team to more wins in a stronger conference (although i will argue that defense is better in the east within some teams).

50/40/90 with more wins in a stronger conference is just too hard to argue against.
Dude you dont need to deny it.You are not a lebron fan its obvious.You are a hater.Every lebron fan and lebron hater i know admit that he is MVP at this point.

I am around lakers forums they even say lebron is MVP.Only fans that deny this are Kobe dickriders/lebron haters ala kennethgriffin/kobe143/bladers etc.

ihoopallday
02-12-2013, 03:33 AM

I am a Lebron fan
I am a kobe hater

:roll: :roll: :roll: Ok
Btw, you should look at Miami's record vs. the west this year and OKC's record against the east. Incase you're too lazy, I'll help you out.

Miami vs. Western conference teams this year: 18-5
OKC vs the Eastern conference: 12-6.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-12-2013, 03:39 AM

I am a Lebron fan
I am a kobe hater

How is the heat front court weaker this year? They basically replaced Turiaf with Anderson and Anderson is way better.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-12-2013, 03:44 AM

if they were voting on the award like they did in those years.. tony parker or durant would win it

this is the media doing their typical changing criteria and cherry picking what the mvp is every year

:oldlol:
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/negged/grand/negged_gif_67287897.gif

Mamba
02-12-2013, 04:34 AM
Dude you dont need to deny it.You are not a lebron fan its obvious.You are a hater.Every lebron fan and lebron hater i know admit that he is MVP at this point.

I am around lakers forums they even say lebron is MVP.Only fans that deny this are Kobe dickriders/lebron haters ala kennethgriffin/kobe143/bladers etc.
no no, i am a Lebron fan. I just believe Durant deserves it more.

The Iron Fist
02-12-2013, 05:17 AM

Lebrons fellow all stars are wade and Bosh.

Kobes fellow all stars were Kwame and Smush, in the western conference. Get a clue.

joeyjoejoe
02-12-2013, 05:42 AM
As it stands now I think Durant or parker is MVP both have been great this year and are clearly best on the team tho I think LeBron is the best player in the NBA spurs and plc have superior records plus lebrons had his share for now

arifgokcen
02-12-2013, 05:55 AM
no no, i am a Lebron fan. I just believe Durant deserves it more.
You are not a lebron fan stop that nonsense.

If you were a lebron fan you would be defending him.I would understand if lebron wasnt more deserving but every eye test every stat and every analtys says lebron is the MVP at this point and A lebron fan thinks durant deserves it more yeah right!

Moreoever you made some pretty silly arguments which others answered.

So please stop with that sh.t.

You maynot be a fan you may not even think he is MVP(even though hardcore KD fans or lebron haters admit for example from realgm KDgoat or realgm general admin well known KD fan and well known lebron hater but whatever)

However being a lebron fan and not thinking lebron is MVP at this moot doesnt ....... you complete that sentence

Jax
02-12-2013, 06:34 AM
No more posts for you brah...

Sakkreth
02-12-2013, 08:46 AM
While being best player in the league is not equal to MVP LeBron is MVP anyways. He's most valuable player in the league hands down, he's so versatile and does everything team needs. MVP to me is someone who fills most team needs or holes or whatever you call it, LeBron can cover more of that than anybody and it's not even close and in addition to that he is the best player in the league.

Mamba
02-12-2013, 08:58 AM
You are not a lebron fan stop that nonsense.

If you were a lebron fan you would be defending him.I would understand if lebron wasnt more deserving but every eye test every stat and every analtys says lebron is the MVP at this point and A lebron fan thinks durant deserves it more yeah right!

Moreoever you made some pretty silly arguments which others answered.

So please stop with that sh.t.

You maynot be a fan you may not even think he is MVP(even though hardcore KD fans or lebron haters admit for example from realgm KDgoat or realgm general admin well known KD fan and well known lebron hater but whatever)

However being a lebron fan and not thinking lebron is MVP at this moot doesnt ....... you complete that sentence
ok we understand your mad.

a Lebron fan giving another NBA player a compliment? I guess on this website, that is completely absurd.

Lebron deserved it last year because Dwyane Wade and Bosh missed a total of 26 games together (in a shortened season)

This season, they have missed 6.

When you have a player of Dwyane Wade's caliber that could go for 50+, or Chris Bosh who could score 30 points if you asked him to, than no Lebron doesn't deserve MVP.

If Lebron was still being double teamed(like he was last season or when he was in cleveland) and putting these numbers up, than yes he does. I'm not denying he's been playing great. The guy is putting up GOAT numbers right now.

But Kevin Durant gets covered more. The only other player that grabs attention of others defense is Russell Westbrook. DO you think other teams are threatened by Serge Ibaka's midrange jumpshot? No do you know why? It's only been apart of his arsenal this season, and it is still relatively new. Can Serge Ibaka create for himself? No! Durant or Westbrook create for him.

Can Bosh create for himself? yes. Can Bosh still be double-teamed if he's going off? You better believe it.

Can Wade create for himself? yes. Can Wade still be double-teamed? YES

So Lebron currently has two players in his starting line-up that can create the offense for themselves if given the opportunity.

However Durant really only has one. And he's a bone head to say the least.

Durant has played a better season night in night out the guy has been beasting.

Lebron has been putting up the best numbers, similiar to Shaq they could bring in new rules to make guarding Lebron easier he's just that good.

However Durant is more important to his team than Lebron is, has produced more wins for his team, and has had to play in a harder conference.

However we can't argue MVP until the end of the season.

pauk
02-12-2013, 09:06 AM
1. OKC/Spurs have played 3 & 5 more games than Miami...

2. Miami has still the 3rd best record in the NBA and #1 in the East.

3. Lebron is the best player in the NBA and in a team where he has to do overall more than Tony Parker or Kevin Durant in order to win.... and he does so in individually historic fashion....

4. MVP = One of the leaders/best players out of those top 4-5 records in the NBA.... out of those 4-5 MVP contenders the guy that won the MVP is the guy who had to and did a bit more than the others for his team to be that successful, a thing called valuability..... that right now i would say is Lebron, followed by Durant.... and its also a bonus when a top 2 MVP contender gets the better out of another top 2 MVP contender during their matchups...

5. Compare the last 4 games of Lebron/Durant for example... see what they had to do in order for their teams to win those games, Durants team blowed out all those teams and Durant had to do very little by his standards and even sitout 4th quarters....... meanwhile Lebron had to (and did) alot more and they still didnt win comfortably.... what this means is that Durants supporting cast has been more productive and made his job easier... and the opposite for Lebron.... which can also be explained as: "Doing more with less"......... which may explain to you also how Derrick Rose won the MVP (very deservingly) over Lebron and anybody else

Nash
02-12-2013, 09:50 AM
ok we understand your mad.

a Lebron fan giving another NBA player a compliment? I guess on this website, that is completely absurd.

Lebron deserved it last year because Dwyane Wade and Bosh missed a total of 26 games together (in a shortened season)

This season, they have missed 6.

When you have a player of Dwyane Wade's caliber that could go for 50+, or Chris Bosh who could score 30 points if you asked him to, than no Lebron doesn't deserve MVP.

If Lebron was still being double teamed(like he was last season or when he was in cleveland) and putting these numbers up, than yes he does. I'm not denying he's been playing great. The guy is putting up GOAT numbers right now.

But Kevin Durant gets covered more. The only other player that grabs attention of others defense is Russell Westbrook. DO you think other teams are threatened by Serge Ibaka's midrange jumpshot? No do you know why? It's only been apart of his arsenal this season, and it is still relatively new. Can Serge Ibaka create for himself? No! Durant or Westbrook create for him.

Can Bosh create for himself? yes. Can Bosh still be double-teamed if he's going off? You better believe it.

Can Wade create for himself? yes. Can Wade still be double-teamed? YES

So Lebron currently has two players in his starting line-up that can create the offense for themselves if given the opportunity.

However Durant really only has one. And he's a bone head to say the least.

Durant has played a better season night in night out the guy has been beasting.

Lebron has been putting up the best numbers, similiar to Shaq they could bring in new rules to make guarding Lebron easier he's just that good.

However Durant is more important to his team than Lebron is, has produced more wins for his team, and has had to play in a harder conference.

However we can't argue MVP until the end of the season.

Miami Heat:

Leader in points: Lebron
Leader in assists: Lebron
Leader in rebounds: Lebron

OKC:

Leader in points: Durant
Leader in assists: Westbrook
Leader in rebounds: Ibaka

You can't just say Lebron shouldn't win it because he has 2 good teammates. You can clearly see how Lebron excels in many different parts of the game. Magic and Larry played with superstars and nobody said that they shouldn't get MVP because they had other stars on their teams.

Also the NBA would never, ever not reward a season like the one Lebron is having without an MVP award.

Hank
02-12-2013, 10:20 AM

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s647/MiamiDpctures/tears_so_yummy2_zps07717dcf.jpg

red1
02-12-2013, 10:56 AM

U mad!! :party:

tmacattack33
02-12-2013, 11:03 AM
34-14 (Miami's record) is not 6 games behind of 41-12 (San Antonio's record, the best in the league).

MostHated305
02-12-2013, 11:17 AM
bunch of whiny b*tches in here.

Lebron is the clear cut best player in the nba, on the team with a top record.

The award is not for underdogs who overacheive.

It's for the best player....period.

stop acting like jealous b*tches.

Dave3
02-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Lebrons fellow all stars are wade and Bosh.

Kobes fellow all stars were Kwame and Smush, in the western conference. Get a clue.
Already answered with one of my earlier posts. Learn to read before telling people to get a clue.

I'm not saying Kobe should've won 58, I'm saying that given the standards MVP is awarded with, history as a precedent isn't an argument for LeBron to lose MVP right now.

The Iron Fist
02-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Already answered with one of my earlier posts. Learn to read before telling people to get a clue.

I'm not saying Kobe should've won 58, I'm saying that given the standards MVP is awarded with, history as a precedent isn't an argument for LeBron to lose MVP right now.

But there isn't any standards. Voters and fans just make them up year by year as they go along. Kobe couldn't win because he had Pau. Couldn't win before that because he didn't have 50 wins. Couldn't win because he had Andrew Bynum in the paint.

But lebron can have Bosh and Wade! :wtf:

red1
02-12-2013, 12:34 PM
But there isn't any standards. Voters and fans just make them up year by year as they go along. Kobe couldn't win because he had Pau. Couldn't win before that because he didn't have 50 wins. Couldn't win because he had Andrew Bynum in the paint.

u mad? :oldlol:

PJR
02-12-2013, 12:34 PM

How dense is this idiot right here? :facepalm

Dave3
02-12-2013, 12:39 PM
But there isn't any standards. Voters and fans just make them up year by year as they go along.

Except that for the last 30+ years it's been pretty consistent. A top (second) seed in the conference along with dominant play. It's vague, but it's enough to exclude certain players.

Kobe couldn't win because he had Pau.
The hell? That's flat out false - Kobe won with Pau. After that he didn't win because LeBron had both a better record, and was more individually dominant. How is that at all related to the presence of Pau? LeBron was flat out a better choice from every perspective.

Couldn't win before that because he didn't have 50 wins.
And no one has in the last 30 years. This isn't exclusive to Kobe, nor does it apply to this thread because LeBron won't struggle to reach 50 wins.

Couldn't win because he had Andrew Bynum in the paint. This part is just untrue, he's never been deserving in a year where Bynum held him back from winning the award.

Sure he can, and he has, because he was the most dominant along with a top record. The reality that you struggle to deal with is that it wasn't Kobe's supporting casts being too good that prevented him from winning MVPs, it was the fact that a more dominant player had a better record in both 2009 and 2010.

As for Durant and LeBron now, LeBron has the advantage in dominance while Durant has the advantage in team record. It's split, so it will make for a decent argument. In 2009 and 2010, LeBron both had the better record and was more dominant. There was no argument then.

red1
02-12-2013, 12:41 PM
How dense is this idiot right here? :facepalm
Ironfist is such a retard that it is pointless to even engage him in discussion. Now I just go for the classic u mad? Why u mad though?

arifgokcen
02-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Except that for the last 30+ years it's been pretty consistent. A top (second) seed in the conference along with dominant play. It's vague, but it's enough to exclude certain players.

The hell? That's flat our false - Kobe won with Pau. After that he didn't win because LeBron had both a better record, and was more individually dominant. How is that at all related to the presence of Pau? LeBron was flat out a better choice from every perspective.

And no one has in the last 30 years. This isn't exclusive to Kobe, nor does it apply to this thread because LeBron won't struggle to reach 50 wins.

This part is just untrue, he's never been deserving in a year where Bynum held him back from winning the award.

Sure he can, and he has, because he was the most dominant along with a top record. The reality that you struggle to deal with is that it wasn't Kobe's supporting casts being too good that prevented him from winning MVPs, it was the fact that a more dominant player had a better record in both 2009 and 2010.

As for Durant and LeBron now, LeBron has the advantage in dominance while Durant has the advantage in team record. It's split, so it will make for a decent argument. In 2009 and 2010, LeBron both had the better record and was more dominant. There was no argument then.

yes
yes
yes
yes
and yes

couldnt have said it better myself.
+11111111111

Guess this is in your face THE IRON FIST

The Iron Fist
02-12-2013, 03:17 PM

The hell? That's flat out false - Kobe won with Pau. After that he didn't win because LeBron had both a better record, and was more individually dominant. How is that at all related to the presence of Pau? LeBron was flat out a better choice from every perspective.

This part is just untrue, he's never been deserving in a year where Bynum held him back from winning the award.

So, its a team award? Yea, we know.

Leviathon1121
02-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Laker fans, diminishing the MVP award since...when did Kobe enter the NBA?

guy
02-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Its absolutely hilarious that last year and now this year people are pushing so much for Tony Parker. Its not really even close. Yes, if Parker didn't have Duncan and Ginobili the whole season and was putting up these numbers, okay he may have a strong case. But he hasn't. I really have no idea why people want to push him so much for this. For the last 2 seasons, its clearly been only between Lebron and Durant.

Dave3
02-12-2013, 04:54 PM
So, its a team award? Yea, we know.
So in your world - the most valuable player is a team award, and the team championship is an individual award.

Almost sounds like you're a fan of a player with only a few MVPs....:rolleyes:

Duncan21formvp
02-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Its absolutely hilarious that last year and now this year people are pushing so much for Tony Parker. Its not really even close. Yes, if Parker didn't have Duncan and Ginobili the whole season and was putting up these numbers, okay he may have a strong case. But he hasn't. I really have no idea why people want to push him so much for this. For the last 2 seasons, its clearly been only between Lebron and Durant.
CP3 was in the mix until he started missing games. The Clips would have to be the top record in the league for him to get it now.

And honestly had Rose only missed 5-8 games last year and the Bulls were the top seed still he would have repeated as MVP.

Hank
02-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Heh