PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard Career Night. What's His Ceiling?

GabeIsGone
02-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Kawhi Leonard
26 points on 61% shooting but most importantly playing dominating defense on

Eastern Conference All-Star
Luol Deng
11 points on 31% shooting

What's his ceiling? I used to think Gerald Wallace, but he's already at his level and he's still only 21 years old. His defense and rebounding are elite. And super efficient on offense.

FreezingTsmoove
02-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Kawhi isn't an elite rebounder

imdaman99
02-11-2013, 11:40 PM
i dont know, is he gonna wear down covering durant in a series again?

his ceiling is prob a rich man's deng.

Clippersfan86
02-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Rich man's Deng sounds fair to me. Elite wing defender, capable rebounder and scorer in his prime.

BuffaloBill
02-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Kawhi Leonard is a baller. That's all.

Clifton
02-12-2013, 01:48 AM
I wonder about his ceiling, both offensively and defensively.

Defensively: can he (/ IS he? I've not paid close attention) a SHUTDOWN-defender of the Bruce Bowen kind? A guy you can be sure if you get a 30ppg scorer for a 7 game series, he'll probably average 25, never get more than 40 in a game, and will have to work his ass off for everything? A guy nobody wants on them, straight up? Or is he just "very good"? there is a difference.

Offensively: What's he got? Spot shooting? Dribbledrive-creating? Passing? Passing off the dribble? Any post game? Pullup game? Does he have set moves or does he ad-lib? Is he / can he be more than a prime Marion - Bowen hybrid (which would be very good... but they'd still have to replace both Parker and Ginobili's roles on the Spurs if that's all he can do)?

LT Ice Cream
02-12-2013, 02:07 AM
Rich man's Deng sounds fair to me. Elite wing defender, capable rebounder and scorer in his prime.

A rich man's Deng would be a perennial all-star. Could happen, but I think it's a bit of a stretch.

Clippersfan86
02-12-2013, 02:12 AM
A rich man's Deng would be a perennial all-star. Could happen, but I think it's a bit of a stretch.

Naw it wouldn't in my mind. I think 1-3 all star teams, borderline all star team most years of his prime. So instead of "rich man's" maybe... slightly better version of.

unbreakable
02-12-2013, 02:15 AM
KLs defense and rebounding are elite.. along with his size and athleticism..

if he keeps improving his playmaking, which is improving EVERY WEEK from playing with tony, manu, and pops system, he could be the next SCOTTIE PIPPEN

book it. KL = Scottie Pippen the goat SF

:bowdown:

fsvr54
02-12-2013, 02:18 AM
All these long hair nikkas are great hustle guys

Kawhi Leonard
Kenneth Faried
Crowder
Jordan Hill

Myth
02-12-2013, 02:18 AM
I think of him as the Spurs' Batum.

Myth
02-12-2013, 02:19 AM
All these long hair nikkas are great hustle guys

Kawhi Leonard
Kenneth Faried
Crowder
Jordan Hill

They aren't full black, but:
Noah
Varejao(if he is black at all?)

Gotterdammerung
02-12-2013, 02:25 AM
Kawhi Leonard is in the best possible situation - play the right way on a team loaded with championship winners coached by the great Poppovich.

He can hit threes, and he runs like a gazelle. Best of all is his quick & long-limbed defense that contests every incoming & outgoing pass. Yes, his on-the-ball defense is not perfected, but he's getting there.

He has everything he needs to become the franchise stud once the veterans retire.

Dbrog
02-12-2013, 03:11 AM
Come on now. He isn't close to prime g-wall. Crash through down games like 20pts 18rebs 2 steals 3 blocks. Kawhi just isn't there and I don't even think he's that type of player. Spurs Batum was a better comparison.

andremiller07
02-12-2013, 03:15 AM
Come on now. He isn't close to prime g-wall. Crash through down games like 20pts 18rebs 2 steals 3 blocks. Kawhi just isn't there and I don't even think he's that type of player. Spurs Batum was a better comparison.

Batum for mine overall is a far more naturally talented player than Lenoard, Lenoard will be a great role player imo a elite 3rd/4th option with amazing D.

Gotterdammerung
02-12-2013, 03:21 AM
http://static.ow.ly/photos/original/1vBan.jpg

Dbrog
02-12-2013, 03:30 AM
Batum for mine overall is a far more naturally talented player than Lenoard, Lenoard will be a great role player imo a elite 3rd/4th option with amazing D.

yupyup

Graviton
02-12-2013, 03:32 AM
http://static.ow.ly/photos/original/1vBan.jpg

unbreakable
02-12-2013, 03:35 AM
LMAO Batum aint on Leonards level at all.. what yall smokin???

Dbrog
02-12-2013, 03:37 AM

Didn't Batum just get 2 triple doubles in a row or something not that long ago?

edit: Just looked and he did indeed get 2 tipdubs and 1 ast away from another one. Also, idk how I missed hearing about this, but he got a 5x5 game this season! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :rockon: :pimp:

unbreakable
02-12-2013, 03:40 AM
Didn't Batum just get 2 triple doubles in a row or something not that long ago?

leonard doesnt get nearly the amount of touches that batum gets. leonard is the 4/5/6 option at times.

personally id love to see leonard on a garbage team like the raptors or warriors where he can get tons of shine. :confusedshrug:

andremiller07
02-12-2013, 03:50 AM

Your right hes on a level above Lenoard right now

GabeIsGone
02-12-2013, 03:56 AM
Your right hes on a level above Lenoard right now
Maybe offensively, but not defensively.

Also Batum is 3 years older.

They do have similar games and build though.

Edit: ^ Probably not a coincidence considering the spurs were dead set on drafting Batum. Portland found out and snaged him like 1 pick before the spurs. Idk why Portland ever got rid of Pritchard or whatever his name was, he was a great GM with bad luck (no1 could have seen Oden's and Roy's injuries).

andremiller07
02-12-2013, 03:59 AM

Yeah I agree in 3 years Kawhi might be better but right now Batum is on another level to Kawhi if you want to win right now you go with Batum. I can't see Kawahi every being the passer/ball handler and having Batums IQ but on D hes got everything to be the #1/#2 defender. It still hurts me everyday we drafted Jimmer ahead of Lenoard.

Myth
02-12-2013, 04:37 AM

Edit: ^ Probably not a coincidence considering the spurs were dead set on drafting Batum. Portland found out and snaged him like 1 pick before the spurs. Idk why Portland ever got rid of Pritchard or whatever his name was, he was a great GM with bad luck (no1 could have seen Oden's and Roy's injuries).

It was mostly because of Pritchard pissing people off behind the scenes. The biggest piece is believed to be because he took too much credit, which is a no-no with an owner like Paul Allen who wants recognition for being a hands on owner.

millwad
02-12-2013, 05:05 AM
KLs defense and rebounding are elite.. along with his size and athleticism..

if he keeps improving his playmaking, which is improving EVERY WEEK from playing with tony, manu, and pops system, he could be the next SCOTTIE PIPPEN

book it. KL = Scottie Pippen the goat SF

I love how people overrate Leonard, the guy has scored more than 20 points twice in his career, both times people on ISH started a thread about his greatness.

And his rebounding is not elite..

Artillery
02-12-2013, 06:10 AM
I love how people overrate Leonard, the guy has scored more than 20 points twice in his career, both times people on ISH started a thread about his greatness.

millwad still butthurt that Leonard has more potential than Chandler Parsons.

And his rebounding is not elite..

He has an 11% total rebound percentage which puts him at top 49 in the league. Most of the players ahead of him are power forwards and centers. The only wing players ahead of him are Lebron, Durant, Paul George, and Paul Pierce. That's pretty good.

Mr.Kite
06-15-2014, 11:16 PM
Finals MVP