PDA

View Full Version : Man Murders A Drunk Driver After Car Crash

BRabbiT
02-12-2013, 06:23 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/12/article-2277301-178563A3000005DC-26_634x342.jpg

[QUOTE]A father has been charged with murder on Friday after allegedly shooting a drunk driver moments after he plowed into his truck killing his two young sons.

David Barajas, 31, and his sons, 12-year-old David Jr. and 11-year-old Caleb, were about 50 yards from their Houston-area home when a car crashed into them on a dark rural road.

David Jr. died at the scene, while Caleb died later at a hospital.

Neighbors said they heard gunshots minutes after the Dec. 7 crash near Alvin, about 30 miles southeast of Houston.

Jose Banda, the 20-year-old driver who hit the boys, was later found shot in the head. His death was ruled a homicide.

Investigators believe Banda had been drinking before the crash, and they're awaiting the results of blood tests on him.

At a funeral service for the two boys, family and friends spoke of the brothers' love of sports and their family.

Their uncle, Gabriel Barajas, said David and Caleb were

Clippersfan86
02-12-2013, 06:27 PM
I would have done the same thing probably. Drunk or not if the dumb fu** was at fault and wrecked into me killing my two sons... I'd unload on his ass if I had a gun.

Clippersfan86
02-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Even if the father was convicted for the shooting, they could only get him for manslaughter, right?
It would be under heat of the moment/crime of passion/not premeditated, something of that nature.

I hope they don't convict him of anything. The dumb fu** who slammed into their car had what was coming to him.

bdreason
02-12-2013, 06:37 PM
He'll get off on temporary insanity.

BRabbiT
02-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I hope they don't convict him of anything. The dumb fu** who slammed into their car had what was coming to him.

really???

he isn't Judge Dredd.

what if the driver had a seizure? heart attack?

AlphaWolf24
02-12-2013, 06:42 PM
really???

he isn't Judge Dredd.

Still shoot him....Just so he won't do it again.

Clippersfan86
02-12-2013, 06:44 PM
really???

he isn't Judge Dredd.

It was confirmed he was drunk... It's highly unlikely the result was caused by anything else dude.

Clippersfan86
02-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Same here. The dead drunk driver would have gotten vehicular manslaughter himself if he was alive. Too me, the two manslaughters would cancel each other out.

An eye for an eye.

:oldlol: seriously though. I'm very forgiving in general but for extreme things like this I'm a very vindictive prick. If somebody wrongs me I can forgive but this kind of shit is unforgivable and I'm not about to leave it up to a flawed justice system that may just let him off with a few months in jail and suspend his drivers license.

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 06:46 PM
no one ever feels bad for the driver...who wasn't out looking to kill anyone...and just made a careless mistake, something that I bet most here over the age of 25 have done at some point

it's very very tragic but the driver didn't deserve to be executed like that...

Clippersfan86
02-12-2013, 06:50 PM
no one ever feels bad for the driver...who wasn't out looking to kill anyone...and just made a careless mistake, something that I bet most here over the age of 25 have done at some point

It's not about "deserve". Ask yourself what you'd do if you saw your two little boys killed by a reckless driver and happened to have a gun on you?

ace23
02-12-2013, 06:53 PM

Lol @ "careless mistake".

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 06:53 PM
It's not about "deserve". Ask yourself what you'd do if you saw your two little boys killed by a reckless driver and happened to have a gun on you?
I can't even answer that because it is impossible to know...

I do know I would be completely devastated with or without killing the driver...

but maybe best case scenario I let him live and hope that one day I learn to forgive him...worst case scenario I kill him and take his place in prison...

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Lol @ "careless mistake".
yeah, that is what drunk driving is...a careless mistake

just like texting while driving...which is getting death numbers on similar levels

Clippersfan86
02-12-2013, 06:55 PM
There is a reason do not drink and drive is preached so much by law enforcement and schools. NO excuse AT ALL to ever do it.

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 06:57 PM
There is a reason do not drink and drive is preached so much by law enforcement and schools. NO excuse AT ALL to ever do it.
it isn't that simple...the person is drunk

bdreason
02-12-2013, 06:57 PM

How many DUI's do you have? :oldlol:

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 06:58 PM
texting on the other hand, is inexcusable...

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 06:58 PM
How many DUI's do you have? :oldlol:
I have 1...which I had to take hours of classes for on this subject

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 06:59 PM
you have never driven drunk bdreason?

Kungfro
02-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Can't say I blame him, unfortunately it only made him and his families life significantly worse.

mrpuente
02-12-2013, 07:09 PM

you can **** off with all that nonsense.

Its obvious you dont have children of your own, and cannot fathom seeing them being murdered due to some assholes irresponsibility.

Being a new parent I would have done the same thing. Even though the poor sob didnt mean to kill he still rolled the dice on taking the wheel after being drunk. Which I think his punishment was justified.

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 07:12 PM
I am a parent...and it's not nonsense...driver doesn't deserve to be executed

law agrees

mrpuente
02-12-2013, 07:16 PM
youre right the law is always right.....

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 07:20 PM
youre right the law is always right.....
in this situation the law is...so you are saying the correct thing to do is blw the driver's head off?...yeah that's smart

driver might have been some college kid...made a horrible mistake, like all kids do

how many college kids have driven drunk at some point?

I can't fathom seeing my son's death regardless of the cause...but an execution like that I might only think is worthy is if was like a pedafile kidnap-rape deal...premeditated planned murder

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 07:23 PM
mrpuente would you kill the driver if you saw a cell phone in hand with unsent text message?...sober driver?

alenleomessi
02-12-2013, 07:25 PM

law agrees
he killed two boys, incident or not, he was still responsible... and the parent had the right to do whatever he wanted with him... me personally i would have gone with a slow painful death, and probably killing some of his relatives before i go to jail where i would probably kill myself... so yeah one mistake can ruin many lifes

Rockets(T-mac)
02-12-2013, 07:26 PM
texting on the other hand, is inexcusable...How is this worse than drinking and driving?

mrpuente
02-12-2013, 07:29 PM
in this situation the law is...so you are saying the correct thing to do is blw the driver's head off?...yeah that's smart

driver might have been some college kid...made a horrible mistake, like all kids do

how many college kids have driven drunk at some point?

I can't fathom seeing my son's death regardless of the cause...but an execution like that I might only think is worthy is if was like a pedafile kidnap-rape deal...premeditated planned murder
not saying its the right thing to do, but if I were in the scenario I would have done the same thing. Are you saying you wouldnt?

Who cares if hes a college kid? Are you saying he should be pardoned because of a potential future? What about the two young sons that didnt even get a chance at a life? yeah thats smart...

Knowing how many people die from drunk driving it could be argued that driving while intoxicated resulting in death is premeditated.

dunksby
02-12-2013, 07:30 PM
People actually agreeing with what the father did? Now the family will have lost 2 children and the father, this is not even a case of protection, dude just took his revenge right there. He is a menace to society and should be locked up.

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 07:31 PM
How is this worse than drinking and driving?
because you are alert and sober and of sound mind while doing it...

drunk people are literally retarded/insane...a lot of the time they are too drunk to know better, or they are much more drunk they they think they are...it a case of "I'm barely buzzed don't worry"...or "I caaaaan't even talk, who am I?...what is this vehicle thing?...time to drive"

I'm not trying to justify it, just saying if you are wondering "why did they think it is okay to drive while drunk?"...it is because THEY WERE DRUNK!

mrpuente
02-12-2013, 07:32 PM
mrpuente would you kill the driver if you saw a cell phone in hand with unsent text message?...sober driver?
A little more rare than a drunk driving incident, but ill entertain.

Yes, depending on how it happened and possible state of mind during the incident. Absolutely.

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 07:34 PM
not saying its the right thing to do, but if I were in the scenario I would have done the same thing. Are you saying you wouldnt?

Who cares if hes a college kid? Are you saying he should be pardoned because of a potential future? What about the two young sons that didnt even get a chance at a life? yeah thats smart...

Knowing how many people die from drunk driving it could be argued that driving while intoxicated resulting in death is premeditated.
if it was college kid or drunk teen...I'm not killing them

it would make me feel worse

I'l let the law deal with them...most of the time when this happens the driver's life is ruined anyway

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 07:37 PM

Yes, depending on how it happened and possible state of mind during the incident. Absolutely.
it's not as rare at all...an enormous amount of auto accidents involve a cell phone these days

it sounds like you will just murder anyone regardless of how or why they crashed the car...that's not the answer

mrpuente
02-12-2013, 07:38 PM
it's not as rare at all...an enormous amount of auto accidents involve a cell phone these days

it sounds like you will just murder anyone regardless of how or why they crashed the car...that's not the answer
not saying it doesnt happen, but its incredibly more rare than drunk driving death.:facepalm

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 07:40 PM
no it isn't

here you go

Study: Texting while driving responsible for 16,000 deaths in 6 years (http://techcrunch.com/2010/09/24/study-texting-while-driving-responsible-for-16000-deaths-in-6-years/)

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 07:43 PM
what if someone just runs a red light and hits your car mrpuente, killing your kids...no alcohol, or phone...are you get out and killing them?

Kungfro
02-12-2013, 07:44 PM

That's not rare at all, happens a lot more then you think.

http://www.textinganddrivingsafety.com/texting-and-driving-stats/

[QUOTE]Texting while driving is a growing trend, and a national epidemic, quickly becoming one of the country

mrpuente
02-12-2013, 07:46 PM
no it isn't

here you go

Study: Texting while driving responsible for 16,000 deaths in 6 years (http://techcrunch.com/2010/09/24/study-texting-while-driving-responsible-for-16000-deaths-in-6-years/)
Thats not good. However drunk driving deaths accumulate to that number in 1 year alone. Thus making texting while driving deaths incredibly more rare.

mrpuente
02-12-2013, 07:48 PM
again im not saying its rare!

in comparison to drunk driving deaths? lets be honest it is.

InspiredLebowski
02-12-2013, 07:49 PM
lol, knew PT'd be in here trying to argue drunk driving ain't no thang

Blue&Orange
02-12-2013, 07:49 PM

He made a mistake and he paid for it, like those 2 kids paid for his mistake also. Pretty simple stuff.

Careless mistake, wow how retarded can one person be.

Kungfro
02-12-2013, 07:50 PM
I have to imagine texting and driving is a much harder statistic to determine at times though. Regardless, I few both as being unacceptable.

mrpuente
02-12-2013, 07:50 PM
http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-statistics.html

theres a table in the link

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 07:52 PM
texting deaths (which are GROWING) are about to overtake drunk driving deaths (which are shrinking)

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 07:54 PM
http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-statistics.html

theres a table in the link
that's 2009, it's below 10,000 a year now

it's been going down every year for decades

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 07:56 PM
here you go

Drunk Driving Fatalities Fall Below 10,000 (http://www.madd.org/blog/2012/december/drunk-driving-fatalities-fall.html)

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 07:58 PM
lol, knew PT'd be in here trying to argue drunk driving ain't no thang
yeah that's what I'm doing :rolleyes:

dunksby
02-12-2013, 07:58 PM
About two years ago when I bought my smartphone and opened the packaging, there was a screen guard that said "Don't Text and Drive". I was like damn there must be too many people killin each other while texting for companies to be warning against it like that.

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
I have to imagine texting and driving is a much harder statistic to determine at times though. Regardless, I few both as being unacceptable.
it isn't as hard as you would think...you can see when texts are being sent and recieved on the phone

if someone is just reading and not sending anything that might be harder...also easier to forgive

mrpuente
02-12-2013, 08:05 PM
texting deaths (which are GROWING) are about to overtake drunk driving deaths (which are shrinking)
So which is more rare?

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 08:07 PM
So which is more rare?
neither are rare

right now it looks like drunk-driving is around 9k a year and text-driving around 4k...just my guesses based on the current trends and directions, I can't find 2012 numbers, just 2011

I bet in 5 years they will be about equal

OhNoTimNoSho
02-12-2013, 08:23 PM
good job to the 2 jackasses arguing about random bullshit in a thread about something completely different. Why dont u 2 exchange phone numbers so you can have make up phone sex later

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 08:24 PM
http://duimap.org/

^^^ that is awesome, you can see where the hot spots for DUI deaths are in your city, so you know where not to be on Friday and Saturday nights

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 08:33 PM
good job to the 2 jackasses arguing about random bullshit in a thread about something completely different. Why dont u 2 exchange phone numbers so you can have make up phone sex later
we were comparing texting deaths to drunk deaths which does relate but here you go my man:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5umn1OMCT1qcp6dg.jpg

ace23
02-12-2013, 08:35 PM
pedafile
Sorry, while I was eating my dinner, looking back on my day, it dawned on me how badly you misspelled this word.

Yes, I'm a douche.

Carry on.

OhNoTimNoSho
02-12-2013, 08:42 PM
we were comparing texting deaths to drunk deaths which does relate but here you go my man:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5umn1OMCT1qcp6dg.jpg
Im sure i can loosely relate kevin bacon to the original article too

-p.tiddy-
02-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Im sure i can loosely relate kevin bacon to the original article too
and if you did I wouldn't care...in fact I'd like to see it, might be lolzy

Balla_Status
02-12-2013, 09:06 PM
it isn't that simple...the person is drunk

That is ****ing bullshit. It's called being accountable, proactive and responsible.

I've been shitfaced out of my mind with keys in my hand and my truck not far away. Never thought about driving. One time I even put the seats down and passed out in the back.

If you're going out, have a plan to get out of there safely. Walk. Get a taxi. Designated driver. Or don't drink. Before you start drinking, you're sober and perfectly capable of making the decision not to drink.

G-train
02-12-2013, 09:08 PM
If you get drunk and drive a car that crashes and kills someone, it should be 20 years jail minimum.

ihoopallday
02-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Imagine the guilt you'd have if you were drunk and killed 2 innocent children. At the same time, it doesn't mean you deserve to be executed that way. I'm not going to sit here and lie. I have driven drunk on two occasions. Then my sister who works at Memorial Hermann Hospital took me to her job and showed me a kid who was brain dead from a drunk driving accident. That was four years ago. Since then, I have never touched a car after drinking and I always advice my friends to avoid it also.

IamRAMBO24
02-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Dumb move by dad.
Should have waited a few months, or even years before doing it.

Not bad at all by dad. I mean if some dude ever kills some person I love in front of me, I would do the same thing. It's a thing of passion. You're not thinking at that point; it is stupid to suggest you are rational; you act on impulse and if that impulse is revenge, then there is nothing a person can do to act otherwise.

No one is going to think "Oh I'm going to kill this dude 6 months later when he goes to Reno and stays at the Ritz," the impulse is telling him to act right now and quickly.

If I was in that situation, I would prob do the same thing; I'm not better than him.

ace23
02-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Imagine the guilt you'd have if you were drunk and killed 2 innocent children. At the same time, it doesn't mean you deserve to be executed that way. I'm not going to sit here and lie. I have driven drunk on two occasions. Then my sister who works at Memorial Hermann Hospital took me to her job and showed me a kid who was brain dead from a drunk driving accident. That was four years ago. Since then, I have never touched a car after drinking and I always advice my friends to avoid it also.
What part of Houston is your sister from/does she live in?

Mach_3
02-12-2013, 10:15 PM
I hope that 5 seconds that probably felt incredibly good after shooting that kid made it worth the next 20+ years he's going to spending in jail for a hommy :facepalm

Styles p
02-12-2013, 10:27 PM
i would have done the same if my son was killed and i had a gun.

mrpuente
02-12-2013, 10:36 PM
neither are rare

right now it looks like drunk-driving is around 9k a year and text-driving around 4k...just my guesses based on the current trends and directions, I can't find 2012 numbers, just 2011

I bet in 5 years they will be about equal
:oldlol: youre so spoiled you can never admit to be wrong.

let me rephrase

Which happens less often?

bmulls
02-12-2013, 10:36 PM
That is ****ing bullshit. It's called being accountable, proactive and responsible.

I've been shitfaced out of my mind with keys in my hand and my truck not far away. Never thought about driving. One time I even put the seats down and passed out in the back.

If you're going out, have a plan to get out of there safely. Walk. Get a taxi. Designated driver. Or don't drink. Before you start drinking, you're sober and perfectly capable of making the decision not to drink.

I agree.

Nanners
02-12-2013, 10:48 PM
The USA is way too lenient with drunk drivers. Back in my college days, one of my roomates went out driving while blacked out drunk one night, and ended up rear ending a parked car, ultimately resulting in a DUI. The guy was completely blacked out, he did not remember a single thing from the entire arrest. He could have EASILY killed an entire family that night, yet he was back on the road after a few months. His "punishment" was going to diversion classes once a week for a few months (he described it as "group drug therapy") and pay a few thousand dollars worth of fines and fees. After that it was like nothing ever happened, he said that he even managed to get it completely wiped from his driving record, so if a cop runs his plates they dont see DUI in their search results.

All that said, I dont think we should just start executing drunk drivers on the spot. I can certainly see why a father would react like this in the heat of the moment, but the father should have just let the driver be arrested.

2nd late edit: also, this is one of the very few threads in ISH OTC history where I agree with hawker. crazy that it takes drunk driving to see eye to eye on something.

Segatti
02-12-2013, 10:56 PM

Totally agree

SourPatchKids
02-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Ugly ass family
lmao what an ass

BrooklynZoo
02-12-2013, 11:48 PM
of course the guy went overboard and yes i do think D&Ding is a "mistake". But its hard to imagine the guy watching his 2 young sons helping push his car in the dark cause of his mistake (running out of gas?) only to get mowed over by a drunk driver. in his situation, armed with a gun its hard to blame him

shaq2000
02-13-2013, 12:18 AM
PT defending drunk driving, nice.

iamgine
02-13-2013, 01:01 AM
Isn't there something called temporary insanity? I've heard it in movies and such. I think this would certainly qualify.

PistonsFan#21
02-13-2013, 01:12 AM
:oldlol: youre so spoiled you can never admit to be wrong.

let me rephrase

Which happens less often?

Deaths caused by texting happen less often...whats your point though? It doesnt mean its rare or any less significant

PistonsFan#21
02-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Isn't there something called temporary insanity? I've heard it in movies and such. I think this would certainly qualify.

Are you even allowed to drive with a gun on you?

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 01:19 AM

Have you ever blacked out? Serious question

The night I got my DWI I don't remember, I was told a cop was helping someone on the side if the road and he had to dive out of the way because I almost hit him. When they chased me down and pulled me over I was told I had a champagne bottle in my lap, opened...I was too drunk to even know to hide it.

Had I killed that cop is be in prison for life...and I was in a state of mind where I didn't know my own name, I was blackout drunk.

I'm not defending drunk driving in here, it is a crime and should go punished, but the truth is many of these people are making poor decisions because they are drunk....they probably did several retarded things that night that they would never do while sober.

stalf
02-13-2013, 01:27 AM
oh, you dont remember, thats ok then.

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 01:34 AM
oh, you dont remember, thats ok then.
did you read me say "that's ok"?

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 01:37 AM
The USA is way too lenient with drunk drivers. Back in my college days, one of my roomates went out driving while blacked out drunk one night, and ended up rear ending a parked car, ultimately resulting in a DUI. The guy was completely blacked out, he did not remember a single thing from the entire arrest. He could have EASILY killed an entire family that night, yet he was back on the road after a few months. His "punishment" was going to diversion classes once a week for a few months (he described it as "group drug therapy") and pay a few thousand dollars worth of fines and fees. After that it was like nothing ever happened, he said that he even managed to get it completely wiped from his driving record, so if a cop runs his plates they dont see DUI in their search results.

All that said, I dont think we should just start executing drunk drivers on the spot. I can certainly see why a father would react like this in the heat of the moment, but the father should have just let the driver be arrested.

2nd late edit: also, this is one of the very few threads in ISH OTC history where I agree with hawker. crazy that it takes drunk driving to see eye to eye on something.

What should his punishment have been then for making a bad decision while in a state of mind that he could only make bad decisions?

seriously?...what should have happened to him?...was this his first time?

US has the 3 strike rule, and I like that...you get a free pass your first time (still costs you around $10k though), which could be set off by something as small as 3 beers...then after that if you show to be a someone that has a chronic problem with it they just put you away.

manslaughter is prison no matter how many strikes you have...

I mean do you think you should get prison time for your first DUI?...that is fair?

tpols
02-13-2013, 01:39 AM
Have you ever blacked out? Serious question

The night I got my DWI I don't remember, I was told a cop was helping someone on the side if the road and he had to dive out of the way because I almost hit him. When they chased me down and pulled me over I was told I had a champagne bottle in my lap, opened...I was too drunk to even know to hide it.

Had I killed that cop is be in prison for life...and I was in a state of mind where I didn't know my own name, I was blackout drunk.

I'm not defending drunk driving in here, it is a crime and should go punished, but the truth is many of these people are making poor decisions because they are drunk....they probably did several retarded things that night that they would never do while sober.
Getting retarded drunk leads to trouble most of the time.. It's usually harmless shit like splitting your knee on the sidewalk or banging a fat chick and getting ripped on by your buddies later.. But it always leads to risky behavior because you don't give a fvck when you get to that level.

But you KNOW that before you start the nights journey. You chose to drink and not control yourself properly when you knew where it would all lead.. Since you probably drove drunk before that as well. And just because your drunk driving didn't lead to bad things a bunch of times doesn't mean shit.. It's like a burglar getting away with stealing a bunch of times. Crime whether you're caught or not.

ihoopallday
02-13-2013, 01:43 AM
What part of Houston is your sister from/does she live in?

All I remember from when I last visited was there was this long road called Kirby Drive. She lives in that area. Can't wait to go back!

Nanners
02-13-2013, 02:38 AM
What should his punishment have been then for making a bad decision while in a state of mind that he could only make bad decisions?

US has the 3 strike rule, and I like that...you get a free pass your first time (still costs you around $10k though), which could be set off by something as small as 3 beers...then after that if you show to be a someone that has a chronic problem with it they just put you away.

I mean do you think you should get prison time for your first DUI?...that is fair?

Your first argument is flat out ridiculous "making a bad decision while in a state of mind that he could only make bad decisions"....he put himself in that position!! He acknowledged the risk of making a bad decision when he made the decision to get black out drunk.

This was his first time being "cought" for DUI, but had driven drunk before the DUI for sure. We have been out of touch for years but last time I saw him he had not changed at all.

I am not saying that we should throw away every DUI for life, I am just saying what i observed first hand-- 3 months of "classes" is not a big enough penalty.

Off the top of my head, I think there should maybe be mandatory 7 or 14 days in jail (not crazy federal prison, just jail) for first time DUI. I think getting locked up for a week or two to reflect on the fact that you could have killed a couple innocent people would be a good thing for first time DUIers.

Smoke117
02-13-2013, 03:10 AM
good for him.

maybeshewill13
02-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Meh, I don't blame the father. I mean, the whole situation is tragic, but if you just saw some **** head kill your sons then I don't blame him. If the guy really was drunk driving then he deserves anything he got.

IamRAMBO24
02-13-2013, 04:11 AM
Your first argument is flat out ridiculous "making a bad decision while in a state of mind that he could only make bad decisions"....he put himself in that position!! He acknowledged the risk of making a bad decision when he made the decision to get black out drunk.

This was his first time being "cought" for DUI, but had driven drunk before the DUI for sure. We have been out of touch for years but last time I saw him he had not changed at all.

I am not saying that we should throw away every DUI for life, I am just saying what i observed first hand-- 3 months of "classes" is not a big enough penalty.

Off the top of my head, I think there should maybe be mandatory 7 or 14 days in jail (not crazy federal prison, just jail) for first time DUI. I think getting locked up for a week or two to reflect on the fact that you could have killed a couple innocent people would be a good thing for first time DUIers.

Seriously that is a good idea. A couple of weeks in prison will prob sober these guys up pretty quickly.

ihoopallday
02-13-2013, 07:25 AM
My uncle has 5 DUI charges and still has his license. They sure were lenient back in the day. Even today, the punishment isn't severe enough. Just heavy fines and classes. I agree with the post earlier. First time offenders should spend some time in jail.

maybeshewill13
02-13-2013, 07:42 AM

Yes. Now that states are legalizing weed there will be more room in prisons for idiot drunk drivers :applause:

MMM
02-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Even if the father was convicted for the shooting, they could only get him for manslaughter, right?
It would be under heat of the moment/crime of passion/not premeditated, something of that nature.

2nd degree or voluntary manslaughter

Most people would of probably reacted in the same way if placed in the same situation.

MMM
02-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Are you even allowed to drive with a gun on you?

I think you can keep a gun in the dashboard

DCL
02-13-2013, 08:12 AM
imagine yourself being less than minute from home, and out of nowhere, this punk ass drunk dude slams into your car and kills your kids instantly. that's the biggest WTF in the world.

chips93
02-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Not bad at all by dad. I mean if some dude ever kills some person I love in front of me, I would do the same thing. It's a thing of passion. You're not thinking at that point; it is stupid to suggest you are rational; you act on impulse and if that impulse is revenge, then there is nothing a person can do to act otherwise.

so as long as somebody is acting according to some irresistible impulse, its ok?

BRabbiT
02-13-2013, 09:13 AM

law agrees

+1

Barajas had ZERO proof the driver was drunk.

the police haven't said anything about an open bottle, or witness' having seen the driver drinking.

and, yet, they've reported witness' descriptions of seeing Barajas go into his house and come back.

even if the toxicology reports do eventually prove the driver was drunk, who the fukc is Barajas to be judge, jury and executioner???

he should go to prison.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2013/02/12/CRIMESIDER_244x183.jpg

Skywalker
02-13-2013, 11:13 AM
In Canada this would be ruled a passion crime and he'd get off with 8-10 years I think. Don't know if there's similar case law in the states.

Pacers4ever
02-13-2013, 11:42 AM
In Canada this would be ruled a passion crime and he'd get off with 8-10 years I think. Don't know if there's similar case law in the states.
Wow hella gay :lol

MMM
02-13-2013, 12:01 PM

Voluntary manslaughter is called a crime of passion in the States as well.

dunksby
02-13-2013, 12:22 PM
You need to refer to a dictionary more often.

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 12:24 PM

He did put himself in that position and deserves to be punished for it, it is extremely unlikely "he made the decision to get black out drunk" though...no one does that, it just happens. My point is the driver is literally insane at times, I mean NEWS FLASH drunk people make horrible decisions, they really shouldn't be trusted to decide what the smart thing to do is.

your first DUI in the states is still a massive pain in the ass...you have to at least spend one night in jail and perhaps more after if you can't afford bail ...then you have probation that forces you to come in once a week and piss in a cup and pay some hefty probation fee...then you have to take DUI classes, also costing you money...you have court costs which can be thousands if you got a lawyer. You lose your licence for a 3-6 months...after all is said and done you are out $8k-$12k in money, enough to take a cab or even a limo every weekend for a year.

then after your first DUI, if you are a repeat offender the punishment gets considerably worse...and if you have 3 strikes you do go to prison.

I like the way it is set up now...because IMO this is a crime where it is only the repeat offenders that should be put away, the legal limit can be set off by just 3 drinks, many people with just 1 DUI aren't really a threat and shouldn't be locked up for years for their mishap.

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 12:30 PM
+1

Barajas had ZERO proof the driver was drunk.

the police haven't said anything about an open bottle, or witness' having seen the driver drinking.

and, yet, they've reported witness' descriptions of seeing Barajas go into his house and come back.

even if the toxicology reports do eventually prove the driver was drunk, who the fukc is Barajas to be judge, jury and executioner???

he should go to prison.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2013/02/12/CRIMESIDER_244x183.jpg
yeah if it was up to ISH the law would be like a mix of the Wild West and the movie Idiocracy..."law says I can shoot you if I think you're drunk"..."but if you were texting it is okay because that is more rare"

Like I was trying to point out earlier though, I think there is a decent chance this man didn't care if the driver was drunk or sober...all he knows is someone came out of no where and killed his kids. Weather that man was texting, or sleeping behind the wheel, or dropped a cigarette, or was drunk...it doesn't matter...drunk or sober it was a fatal mistake.

MMM
02-13-2013, 12:35 PM
He did put himself in that position and deserves to be punished for it, it is extremely unlikely "he made the decision to get black out drunk" though...no one does that, it just happens. My point is the driver is literally insane at times, I mean NEWS FLASH drunk people make horrible decisions, they really shouldn't be trusted to decide what the smart thing to do is.

your first DUI in the states is still a massive pain in the ass...you have to at least spend one night in jail and perhaps more after if you can't afford bail ...then you have probation that forces you to come in once a week and piss in a cup and pay some hefty probation fee...then you have to take DUI classes, also costing you money...you have court costs which can be thousands if you got a lawyer. You lose your licence for a 3-6 months...after all is said and done you are out $8k-$12k in money, enough to take a cab or even a limo every weekend for a year.

then after your first DUI, if you are a repeat offender the punishment gets considerably worse...and if you have 3 strikes you do go to prison.

I like the way it is set up now...because IMO this is a crime where it is only the repeat offenders that should be put away, the legal limit can be set off by just 3 drinks, many people with just 1 DUI aren't really a threat and shouldn't be locked up for years for their mishap.

Working in downtown Toronto in the weekends, I'll say I've ran into quite a bit of people who drink to get ****ed up. At times it can get pretty ridiculous too but I don't think anyone is disagreeing that people tend to make poor choices when their drunk but that prior to being drunk they were sober and capable of making decisions that could prevent drunk driving.

Just2McFly
02-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Can't believe prime has a kid

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Working in downtown Toronto in the weekends, I'll say I've ran into quite a bit of people who drink to get ****ed up. At times it can get pretty ridiculous too but I don't think anyone is disagreeing that people tend to make poor choices when their drunk but that prior to being drunk they were sober and capable of making decisions that could prevent drunk driving.
agreed

I'm talking about blackout drunk though, which is much different than just "getting fcked up"...A drunk who is blacked out will not remember a thing...wake up wondering how they got home, or where they are, etc

MMM
02-13-2013, 01:25 PM
agreed

I'm talking about blackout drunk though, which is much different than just "getting fcked up"...A drunk who is blacked out will not remember a thing...wake up wondering how they got home, or where they are, etc

I guess that is true but you would think drinking to "getting Effed up" can lead to it fair share of blackouts

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Can't believe prime has a kid
because I don't think this guy should have been executed?

If you actually read my posts they are mature in nature...I am probably the most educated poster on this subject as well

I'm also a great father...make a great living, my son's college fund is already in place, will be worth a $100k when he turns 16, and his mother, my wife, who is about to get her masters could likely make more than myself.

I also make video games for a living and love sports, I am a dream father for my son

what do you have to offer a family besides childishness?...maybe I should be your father McFly

MMM
02-13-2013, 01:35 PM

If you actually read my posts they are mature in nature...I am probably the most educated poster on this subject as well

I'm also a great father...make a great living, my son's college fund is already in place, will be worth a $100k when he turns 16, and his mother, my wife, who is about to get her masters could likely make more than myself.

I also make video games for a living and love sports, I am a dream father for my son

what do you have to offer a family besides childishness?...maybe I should be your father McFly

I don't think he meant it that context but i can't speak for him

Just2McFly
02-13-2013, 01:37 PM

maybe you should grow the f*ck up and stop being so insecure.:roll:

keep spouting off about money, you are still a dumbass and threads like these never fail to show it.

you would think becoming a father would change your perspective but the way you try to trivialize drunk driving is disgusting.

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 01:38 PM
I don't think he meant it that context but i can't speak for him
he did...that wasn't a friendly "oh wow, didn't know prime was a father, congrats!"

he has it out for me, always has...he is also just a troll, red bars to prove it

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 01:40 PM
maybe you should grow the f*ck up and stop being so insecure.:roll:

keep spouting off about money, you are still a dumbass and threads like these never fail to show it.

you would think becoming a father would change your perspective but the way you try to trivialize drunk driving is disgusting.
nothing I said in this thread was dumb...and only someone with complete lack of reading comprehension would take my posts as trying to justify drunk driving...I'm putting things into perspective to show a drunk driver doesn't deserve to be shot on site

LJJ
02-13-2013, 01:43 PM
"I'm rich, I make videogames and I like sports. Because of this I'm my son's dream father."

Think about that statement for a second there primes. Is this really the attitude you have? Because it makes you sound like a terrible father.

Just2McFly
02-13-2013, 01:44 PM
nothing I said in this thread was dumb...and only someone with complete lack of reading comprehension would take my posts as trying to justify drunk driving...I'm putting things into perspective to show a drunk driver doesn't deserve to be shot on site
You should look up trivialize the look at the definition of justify. Then come talk to me about comprehension.

Prime, making money doesn't mean that you are smart. This false sense of intellect you have grown accustomed to having over the years needs to stop. You would think after years of being wrong you could admit it but that same pride/delusion is still present.

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 01:45 PM
"I'm rich, I make videogames and I like sports. Because of this I'm my son's dream father."

Think about that statement for a second there primes. Is this really the attitude you have? Because it makes you sound like a terrible father.
I never said "I'm rich" I am pointing out that I can and do take care of my family like a good father would.

I'm not rich...I'm responsible

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 01:47 PM
You should look up trivialize the look at the definition of justify. Then come talk to me about comprehension.

Prime, making money doesn't mean that you are smart. This false sense of intellect you have grown accustomed to having over the years needs to stop. You would think after years of being wrong, you could admit it.
trying to trivialize shooting someone that crashes into you is disgusting...

All I said was that I paid for son's college fund...that doesn't equate to me bragging about money...that equates to me taking care of my kid...aka being a good father

LJJ
02-13-2013, 01:52 PM
I never said "I'm rich" I am pointing out that I can and do take care of my family like a good father would.

I'm not rich...I'm responsible

I'm just pointing out how your post came across. "I'm rich, I make videogames and I love sports; I'm the greatest father ever bitchess!!!"

That's hopefully not your attitude in real life, but that totally is what your post sounded like. It's very dissonant to, those things are not what makes a great father.

Just2McFly
02-13-2013, 01:53 PM
trying to trivialize shooting someone that crashes into you is disgusting...

All I said was that I paid for son's college fund...that doesn't equate to me bragging about money...that equates to me taking care of my kid...aka being a good father
Why does a 22 year old idiot like me know that being a good father is more than making money? You have to invest much more than that prime. This is seriously discouraging.

My parents used to make 500k+ each year from like 03-06 and they were absolutely terrible parents at that time. You have to support your child emotionally, spend time teaching them about the world, life and so much more.

I never said you were bragging about money either. You keep misunderstanding my posts even though I try to make them plain as day. I'm nowhere near an eloquent writer, but god damn dude. You're making this hard.

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm just pointing out how your post came across. "I'm rich, I make videogames and I love sports; I'm the greatest father ever bitchess!!!"

That's hopefully not your attitude in real life, but that totally is what your post sounded like. It's very dissonant to, those things are not what makes a great father.
That's just how you read it...

"I'm an ideal father and provider"...that is sums up what I was saying...and I know what makes a great father, I've never loved anything more in my life than my son

red1
02-13-2013, 01:59 PM
The driver and the father are both jackasses. I sympathize far more with the father

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Why does a 22 year old idiot like me know that being a good father is more than making money? You have to invest much more than that prime. This is seriously discouraging.

My parents used to make 500k+ each year from like 03-06 and they were absolutely terrible parents at that time. You have to support your child emotionally, spend time teaching them about the world, life and so much more.

I never said you were bragging about money either. You keep misunderstanding my posts even though I try to make them plain as day. I'm nowhere near an eloquent writer, but god damn dude. You're making this hard.
did I say being a good father is all about money? are you sure it isn't you misunderstanding my posts?

being a good father is more than just "love" as well...it is also being a provider, which I am...I have endless love to give as well

the "video games and sports" comment was meant to show how much time I will be spending with him enjoying those things

LJJ
02-13-2013, 02:04 PM
That's just how you read it...

"I'm an ideal father and provider"...that is sums up what I was saying...and I know what makes a great father, I've never loved anything more in my life than my son

That's what it sums up in your head, because you think liking sports is one of the core aspects to being a good father.

"I make good money, I make videogames and I like sports. Because of that I'm my sons dream father!"

Completely dissonant. So what if your son doesn't like sports? If that's the case you'd be the worst father ever? Because that is how you phrased it. You are a good father because YOU like sports. Right. And what the hell does your job have to do with being a good father?

Those are the main things you list. Your three qualities to being a good father: money, your job and your personal love of sports. It comes across as weird and out of touch.

OhNoTimNoSho
02-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Your posts read like an insecure 16 year old's. The overcompensation just oozes out of them. I commend your wife for putting up with you. Its not hard to tell you are a jackass in real life. Im sure you provide well for you children but youll never be able to teach them how to be a man, as you dont even remotely act like one... on a bball message board of all places.

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Your posts read like an insecure 16 year old's. The overcompensation just oozes out of them. I commend your wife for putting up with you. Its not hard to tell you are a jackass in real life. Im sure you provide well for you children but youll never be able to teach them how to be a man, as you dont even remotely act like one... on a bball message board of all places.
and the "he deserved to get shot" are the "adult" posts? :facepalm

no...no...no

I am the one being an adult "man" in here...the "he deserved to die" posts are the 16 year olds

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 02:11 PM
That's what it sums up in your head, because you think liking sports is one of the core aspects to being a good father.

"I make good money, I make videogames and I like sports. Because of that I'm my sons dream father!"

Completely dissonant. So what if your son doesn't like sports? If that's the case you'd be the worst father ever? Because that is how you phrased it. You are a good father because YOU like sports. Right. And what the hell does your job have to do with being a good father?

Those are the main things you list. Your three qualities to being a good father: money, your job and your personal love of sports. It comes across as weird and out of touch.
okay, well I didn't mean for that and I understand completely that there is more to being a father than being a provider.

and you're right, my son may not like sports...or video games...(unlikely though) and if that were the case I would be involved with whatever it is that he does like

OhNoTimNoSho
02-13-2013, 02:21 PM
and the "he deserved to get shot" are the "adult" posts? :facepalm

no...no...no

I am the one being an adult "man" in here...the "he deserved to die" posts are the 16 year olds
I think you missed the whole point of my post.

You're not married right? Your wife left you because she got tired of your bs, right?

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Look guys, I love more son more than life...when I am not at work I am with him,...he is my life, I live for him, I work for him, and I will do everything in my power to ensure his happiness

I KNOW I am a good father...this is an indisputable fact in my mind

I'll tell you what is immature...questioning someone as a father because you disagree with their views on drunk driving punishment (which are much more complex than "shoot him on site")

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
I think you missed the whole point of my post.

You're not married right? Your wife left you because she got tired of your bs, right?
we are happily married

what BS do you speak of?...not thinking this guy should have been shot?

do you have a wife drunk AI?

shaq2000
02-13-2013, 04:57 PM
prime gets blackout drunk before he gets behind the wheel, he's obviously a fun dad.

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 05:04 PM
prime gets blackout drunk before he gets behind the wheel, he's obviously a fun dad.
I don't drink, or do any drugs...or smoke anything

my DUI took place when I was 18 years old ( like 17 years ago)...I was underage, and like all teens I was foolish and made a mistake that I learned from.

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 05:07 PM
in fact I might be the most "anti-alcohol" poster on this site

check out post #18:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289715&page=2

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 05:16 PM
There is a mob mentality when it comes to this subject...once someone comes in here and tries to bring some actual logic into the conversation they become a Salem Witch.

"wait, what!!!???..You don't agree that the driver should have been shot!!!???...you actually agree with the law???"

"LOOK EVERYONE, HE CELEBRATES DRUNK DRIVING AND IS OBVIOUSLY A HORRIBLE FATHER, EVERYONE KILL HIM RAAARRRR!!!!"

http://wordspy.com/graphics/torch-and-pitchfork.jpg

mrpuente
02-13-2013, 05:25 PM
You wrote the driver off and said it was just a "careless mistake". Then you find it impossible to understand how someone could commit such an act of revenge after something so traumatic.

Makes you sound like a douche.

TheMan
02-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Let's admit it, if some dude runs into your kids and kills them, not many of us would be like "oh, I'll let the cops take care of him, that'll show him!"

Imagine the utter heartbreak and anger seeing your son's lifeless mangled bodies, I can't even fathom what I would feel in that situation. Murdering the SOB that killed them, whatever the reason, is just a primal response from a human being...

Those of you who think you're above that, you just really don't know how you will respond until you're put in that situation.

P.Tiddy, STFU you pompous, pious, holier than thou POS:banghead:

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 05:33 PM
You wrote the driver off and said it was just a "careless mistake". Then you find it impossible to understand how someone could commit such an act of revenge after something so traumatic.

Makes you sound like a douche.
how did you get that from my posts?

and it was a careless mistake, obviously

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Let's admit it, if some dude runs into your kids and kills them, not many of us would be like "oh, I'll let the cops take care of him, that'll show him!"

Imagine the utter heartbreak and anger seeing your son's lifeless mangled bodies, I can't even fathom what I would feel in that situation. Murdering the SOB that killed them, whatever the reason, is just a primal response from a human being...

Those of you who think you're above that, you just really don't know how you will respond until you're put in that situation.

P.Tiddy, STFU you pompous, pious, holier than thou POS:banghead:
yeah, I said that exact same thing when asked what I would do...it's impossible to know

I do know that the majority of those who go through this don't pull out guns after though

ace23
02-13-2013, 05:41 PM

It's not a "careless mistake"; it's reckless manslaughter.

mrpuente
02-13-2013, 05:44 PM

the part where you say "he didnt deserve to die like that" makes it pretty clear.

TheMan
02-13-2013, 05:45 PM
yeah, I said that exact same thing when asked what I would do...it's impossible to know

I do know that the majority of those who go through this don't pull out guns after though
Because different situations might produce different results?

Say you were in this guy Barajas exact same situation, close to home, no cops around and time to get your vengeance. I bet a majority of fathers put lead on the asshole who just killed two of your kids.

When you are a parent, the love of your child is the greatest love you can ever have, seeing your child die in front of your eyes would make a lot of people lose it, literally.

I somehow doubt Barajas was thinking the day of the accident, "gee, I'd like to blow off some muthafakkah's head today, hopefully I'll get the chance":facepalm

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 05:47 PM
the part where you say "he didnt deserve to die like that" makes it pretty clear.
no, I can understand why the father shot...and I don't think he deserved to be shot (most likely, unless somehow it was premeditated)

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 05:52 PM

Say you were in this guy Barajas exact same situation, close to home, no cops around and time to get venegeance. I bet a majority of fathers put lead on the asshole who just killed two of your kids.

When you are a parent, the love of your child is the greatest love you can ever have, seeing your child die in front of your eyes would make a lot of people lose it, literally.

I somehow doubt Barajas was thinking the day of the accident, "gee, I'd like to blow off some muthafakkah's head today, hopefully I'll get the chance":facepalm
right but he is one of many that go through this...of the 9,000+ that die every year from drunk drivers there are a decent chunk of those that are children (I think I remember seeing 400 something)...this is rare occasion...which is why the thread was made

I mean I think it is safe to assume most don't think like this man...I don't think I would, I think I would be to devastated to think about a revenge kill

TheMan
02-13-2013, 05:59 PM
right but he is one of many that go through this...of the 9,000+ that die every year from drunk drivers there are a decent chunk of those that are children (I think I remember seeing 400 something)...this is rare occasion...which is why the thread was made

I mean I think it is safe to assume most don't think like this man...I don't think I would, I think I would be to devastated to think about a revenge kill
You never know, dude. Unless you're in that situation, we are all talking out of our ass.

When I watch WWII movies or war movies in general and during a fierce fire fight, my wife would ask me how I think I would react, would I be the soldier out there leading his men into hostile fire or would I be the one hiding from the fight and I tell her I have no idea. I would like to think I'd be the brave dude but what if my self perserverence instinct kicks in overdrive?

I honestly have no clue and unless you've been there, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

intrinsic
02-13-2013, 06:04 PM

Say you were in this guy Barajas exact same situation, close to home, no cops around and time to get venegeance. I bet a majority of fathers put lead on the asshole who just killed two of your kids.

Except, one of his children wasn't pronounced dead until sometime later at the hospital. Time could've been spent, you know, trying to help the victims. Instead, the guy goes back into his house retrieving a weapon, so he can put one in the head of the other driver.

Barajas is a murderer.

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Except, one of his children wasn't pronounced dead until sometime later at the hospital. Time could've been spent, you know, trying to help the victims. Instead, the guy goes back into his house retrieving a weapon, so he can put one in the head of the other driver.

Barajas is a murderer.
careful dude, logic is frowned upon in this thread

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 06:09 PM
You never know, dude. Unless you're in that situation, we are all talking out of our ass.

When I watch WWII movies or war movies in general and during a fierce fire fight, my wife would ask me how I think I would react, would I be the soldier out there leading his men into hostile fire or would I be the one hiding from the fight and I tell her I have no idea. I would like to think I'd be the brave dude but what if my self perserverence instinct kicks in overdrive?

I honestly have no clue and unless you've been there, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.
I agree, and like I said, that is the same thing I said earlier in this thread when asked what I would do...I said "it is impossible to know"

but I was just pointing out that it does look as though the majority do not think like this man...it's a rare story and dd deaths, even to children, are not rare

TheMan
02-13-2013, 06:22 PM

Barajas is a murderer.
If the driver is proven drunk, the jury will be sympathetic to him...manslaughter and out after a few years.

intrinsic
02-13-2013, 06:32 PM
If the driver is proven drunk, the jury will be sympathetic to him...manslaughter and out after a few years.

I don't care what he ends up being convicted of.

Barajas shot someone in the head before first responders arrived on scene. I don't have to be an apologist for drunk driving to say he was wrong and murdered that man.

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 06:34 PM
assuming the other driver was at fault, I'm not sure why his sobriety matters that much

it's manslaughter by the other driver no matter what he was doing to cause the wreck...maybe he fell asleep at the wheel, maybe he was texting, maybe he ran a light, maybe he decided to commit suicide by driving into the other lane...etc etc...weather would be the best excuse but I didn't read anything about icy roads or rain.

It was a fatal mistake behind the wheel regardless of drunk or sober...and like I said earlier, I don't think the father knew or cared about his sobriety when he went for revenge...all he knew was that some asshole crashed into him and killed his kids.

mrpuente
02-13-2013, 07:05 PM

Barajas is a murderer.
We dont know what happened to his children, or exactly what he saw. One could have been cut in half by the vehicle, and the other pinned underneath in a coma state. The father most likely easily thought both his children where dead.

Lets not assume though.....

Legend of Josh
02-13-2013, 07:06 PM

LOL, please tell me you're joking?

#thankGodUrNotALawyer

intrinsic
02-13-2013, 07:24 PM
We dont know what happened to his children, or exactly what he saw. One could have been cut in half by the vehicle, and the other pinned underneath in a coma state. The father most likely easily thought both his children where dead.

Lets not assume though.....

What are you trying to argue?

Barajas checked both his children for signs of life and investigated the crash scene under suspicion of drunk driving before executing this man?

mrpuente
02-13-2013, 08:11 PM
What are you trying to argue?

Barajas checked both his children for signs of life and investigated the crash scene under suspicion of drunk driving before executing this man?
:confusedshrug: the fact that maybe he thought they were both dead?

and yes, why are we assuming otherwise?

-p.tiddy-
02-13-2013, 08:23 PM
:confusedshrug: the fact that maybe he thought they were both dead?

and yes, why are we assuming otherwise?
one of his sons was flown to the hospital by helicopter because he was alive

and intrinsic pointed out this:

Brazoria County sheriff's investigator Dominick Sanders said Monday that witnesses told authorities they saw Barajas, right after the crash, walk to his home and then return a few minutes later and approach Banda's vehicle.

the way I pictured it is that they were in the middle of the road pushing a car in the dark because no gas...the 20 year old came up from behind them and smashed into them...one son died right away, the other still showing signs of life...911 is called by Barajas, who decided to walk to his home and get his gun while his oldest son is still alive on the street, and then shoot the 20 year old in the head.

AngelEyes
02-14-2013, 12:09 AM
yeah, that is what drunk driving is...a careless mistake

just like texting while driving...which is getting death numbers on similar levels

It's beyond careless. That's completely trivializing the serious nature of drunk driving. You're putting everyone else on the road in danger when you make that decision. There is absolutely no excusing it, you can't rationalize this bullshit behavior. The guy was a piece of trash for drunk driving and it bit him in the ass.

AngelEyes
02-14-2013, 12:12 AM
texting on the other hand, is inexcusable...

As is drunk driving, completely unacceptable under any circumstances.

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 12:50 AM
exactly, they are both careless and should be treated in similar fashion...and both have been done at least once by many over the age of 25...just about all of them not undeserving of the death penalty for being careless

however a driver decides to text while sober, a drunk driver decides it's a good idea to drive while drunk...the same night he thought it would be a good idea dance shirtless at the club and then fist fight his best friend...yes measures can be taken to prevent drunk driving, but at the age of 20 (the age of the driver here) most don't think that far ahead, or care...all they care about is the party.

I'm not trying to belittle the seriousness of it...it's as serious as a heart attack, multiple heart attacks...I am just being real about it...this was some kid that just got done drinking with his buddies and made a stupid mistake that cost 2 kids their lives, he is one of many and none of these kids deserve to be shot in the head.

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 12:56 AM
let me say his last thing before hitting the sack...as someone who has been heavily affected by alcohol in a wrong way and knows a great deal about events like this...(although this one in particular is rare)

just about everyone who has killed someone being the drunk driver has their life ruined over it...even if they are 17, it was their first offense, whatever...it ruins their life...they still have to spend years in prison, have a federal offense on their record that keeps them from having a decent job when they get out, and the extreme guilt of death on thier hands to live with which causes deep depression for most. Had this 20 year old not been shot in the head, his life would have still been a mess over this with likely no happy ending...it would have dominated his life's story.

mrpuente
02-14-2013, 12:59 AM
one of his sons was flown to the hospital by helicopter because he was alive

and intrinsic pointed out this:

the way I pictured it is that they were in the middle of the road pushing a car in the dark because no gas...the 20 year old came up from behind them and smashed into them...one son died right away, the other still showing signs of life...911 is called by Barajas, who decided to walk to his home and get his gun while his oldest son is still alive on the street, and then shoot the 20 year old in the head.
911 would have been called either way.

Anyways 1 dying would have been enough to kill either way.

I cant believe we are still arguing this.

L8kersfan222
02-14-2013, 03:08 AM
:cletus:
fukkkk u

andremiller07
02-14-2013, 08:58 AM
just about everyone who has killed someone being the drunk driver has their life ruined over it...even if they are 17, it was their first offense, whatever...it ruins their life...they still have to spend years in prison, have a federal offense on their record that keeps them from having a decent job when they get out, and the extreme guilt of death on thier hands to live with which causes deep depression for most. Had this 20 year old not been shot in the head, his life would have still been a mess over this with likely no happy ending...it would have dominated his life's story.

If someone is a complete moron and puts themselves in a dangerous situation where they are more than likely to fail they deserve the worst possible outcome. In an ideal world only the idiot drunk driver would die from any accident and the innocent party survives. Think of all the lifes the drunk idiot ruins yet after prison can get out and life a fairly normal life (im pretty sure in Australia they can get social security) with some guilt. Big deal I rather be that than the guy who dies. The problem is there is a surplus of complete idiots and wankers that do these things because most are cowards with low self esteem who have to go out get drugged up /drunk to feel good about themselves than get into a car where in most cases in a crash the innocent person dies and they somehow live.

Good job by that dad for what he did, its as close to justice as hes going to get, there is seriously to much cowardly crap that goes on in this world and a lot of it is done by drunken/drugged up losers who have nothing better to do than destory themselves and others rather than trying to build something decent.

Blue&Orange
02-14-2013, 09:42 AM
It's amazing the passion that some people defend a drunk driver killing two kids. It was a "careless" mistake.

Now apparently the fact that one kid was on his way to the hospital it's incredibly relevant and important, the other one laying dead it's of no importance and it's irrelevant. And apparently these "people" are not only a fathers but a "good" fathers! lol

"Hey look you killed my son while driving drunk, but that's ok, the other one is going to the hospital, wanna go for drink? Now if you killed them both, man you would be in trouble!"

Seriously how retarded can you be?

I wonder if the biggest retard on this thread, when he is pulled over, he shows a powerpoint presentation to the cops, about how texting kills more, and how that makes it ok to drive drunk and kill people.

Know what, there was two careless mistakes, not just one, the guy saw a rabbit on the side of the road, that was attracted by the noise and he went grab a gun to kill him so that he could present it to his grieving wife as a gift, but he shot the driver instead, it was dark and shit... what a "careless mistake"

I love how this ******* have all figure it out since the first minute, amazes me how he didn't even said that somewhow he was forced to drink and forced to drive!

Ohhh... poor fellow!! You know what, thank god he is dead, imagine what he would have gone through if he was still alive!

I'm speechless, it was not enough to try to pass this driver as a saint, you had to try pass all drunk drivers as victims, how big of a douchebag someone has to be? Seriously?

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm still confused as to how anyone sees me as actually defending drunk driving...wtf

It's as serious as a heart attack...read past posts

Texting was brought up in comparison because for some reason most wouldn't murder a texter but they are the same

/Broken record...drunk driving is bad...broken record...drunk driving is bad

Next thread, the importance of reading comprehension

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 09:59 AM
I guess to some of you one saying "he didn't deserve to be shot" equates to me saying drunk drivers shouldn't be punished

I agree with what the law is RIGHT NOW...like I said earlier...I am a fan of the 3 strike method

My views on this are the same as the judges...some of your views are that drunks should be shot, which is ridiculous

andremiller07
02-14-2013, 10:02 AM
I guess to some of you one saying "he didn't deserve to be shot" equates to me saying drunk drivers shouldn't be punished

I agree with what the law is RIGHT NOW...like I said earlier...I am a fan of the 3 strike method

My views on this are the same as the judges...some of your views are that drunks should be shot, which is ridiculous

Drunks that kill innocent people should be shot, normal drunks who cause problems should be badly punished/beaten so they don't do it again. Drunks who don't cause problems and don't drive cars are fine since they are only hurting there own health.

OhNoTimNoSho
02-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Drunk driving and even texting while driving are not careless mistakes. A careless mistake is locking your keys in the car or forgetting to turn of the water. The difference?

It is a CHOICE TO DRIVE DRUNK, it is not a careless mistake it is an EGREGIOUS ERROR in judgement. And you sure as hell deserve to be shot in the face if you drive drunk and kill someone.

p.tiddy you are the one who needs to learn reading comprehension as well as the english language. Casually talking about drunk driving in passing like you are is whats causing everyones reaction to you. Stop acting like a jackass attention troll and pretending you are not.

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 10:05 AM
okay andre, I strongly disagree that drunks who kill people should be shot

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Perhaps "careless choice" is better wording...you're right

Sorry if "careless mistake" rubs some of you the wrong way...mistakes are mistakes though, and getting in a car drunk is careless...it fits imo but whatever

bmulls
02-14-2013, 10:24 AM

Sorry if "careless mistake" rubs some of you the wrong way...mistakes are mistakes though, and getting in a car drunk is careless...it fits imo but whatever

Careless is accidentally bleaching your colored sheets. Driving drunk is reckless, dangerous and possibly deadly. When you are piloting a 4 thousand pound hunk of metal at high speeds you have a huge and very serious responsibility.

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 10:30 AM
I had to take several classes ny MAD (mothers against drunk driving) and many of them reffered to it as a "careless mistake"

Saying things like "its sad my son lost his life to someone else's careless mistake"

That's where I got that phrase with this...would post links of them using that phrase but im on phone

atljonesbro
02-14-2013, 10:54 AM

How dumb are you. Careless mistake my a$$. It's called you being a selfish f*ck putting everyone's life at risk who is on the road because you are fu*king retarded. Feel bad for the driver my a$$. He is pretty much a murderer.

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 11:07 AM
no, they aren't pretty much murders...most of them are just careless kids who are intoxicated

speaking of MADD, many of them are the mothers of the actual drunk driver who died...they will get you to feel for their son's death and plead for you not to make the same costly mistake.

is "costly mistake" okay for you?

Legend of Josh
02-14-2013, 11:08 AM
There's a difference between making the careless (or even reckless) decision to get behind the wheel of a vehicle and operate it under the influence, while on sleep medication, other narcotics, etc. and simply making the decision to murder someone in cold blood ... yes people, there is a difference.

Just like PT pointed out way earlier in this thread, the law agrees. Most of you in this thread believe fair and complete justice was served, but that doesn't mean you're right. The actual law disagrees with the majority of you people in this thread, and rightfully so.

OhNoTimNoSho
02-14-2013, 11:11 AM

Dude just put yourself in the situation, if someone close to you got killed.. would you be brushing it off as a careless mistake a careless choice? Is that how you would approach it? Your lack of perspective is whats bothering people.

How would you want a person that killed someone you know drunk driving to be punished?

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Dude just put yourself in the situation, if someone close to you got killed.. would you be brushing it off as a careless mistake a careless choice? Is that how you would approach it? Your lack of perspective is whats bothering people.

How would you want a person that killed someone you know drunk driving to be punished?
again, *broken record* Im not "brushing anything off"...and IMO it is most of you that lack perspective on this subject, I'm the one that has gone through all the DUI classes and MADD meetings

but to answer your question it completely depends upon the person driving...if it was some 19 year old college girl coming back from a party then I would be more understanding than if it was a 50 year old man covered in tats drinking a beer while driving who has 20 DUIs under his belt, and if that is the case I might actually want death for him...perhaps the law would too, idk for that situation

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 11:26 AM
One of the MADD meetings I took, the mother of a victim was giving a speach with the mother of the driver who killed her child (who also died that night)...they were friends, and both felt for each other's loss...both preached to not make the same mistake

Legend of Josh
02-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Drunk driving laws have become stricter and stricter over the years, so it's headed in the right direction, and there's still work to be done, but IMO, the laws are fair.

I've had two DUI's BTW.

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 02:50 PM
You being a confirmed drunk driver won't help drive home your point.

That's the same thing. Just because one guy was caught more doesn't mean he's worse. Assault is assault, drunk driving is drunk driving, murder is murder. For something like this it doesn't matter who commits it from a moral standpoint, only their jail time.

And f*ck the guy might have wanted to die once the law took over. Killing two kids from drunk driving, losing a massive legal battle, money given to the victims' family, shitloads of jail time. Getting killed might've been the lucky way out. (The murderer is obviously bad too.)

no, as viewed by the law and by myself multpile strikes does certainly matter...a first time offender is not viewed anywhere the same as a repeat offender by the judge

the way you are wording it all drunking driving should be the exact same punishment, even if you were lucky enough to not kill anyone...but that isn't reality.

I like the 3-strike rule, I think that drunk driving is a crime that one should get another chance on...but if it is shown it is a constant problem - prison

intrinsic
02-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Now apparently the fact that one kid was on his way to the hospital it's incredibly relevant and important, the other one laying dead it's of no importance and it's irrelevant. And apparently these "people" are not only a fathers but a "good" fathers! lol

"Hey look you killed my son while driving drunk, but that's ok, the other one is going to the hospital, wanna go for drink? Now if you killed them both, man you would be in trouble!"

Seriously how retarded can you be?

I can only assume the first paragraph is a response to me since I pointed it out.

Here's the relevance:
Barajas did not know the driver was drunk. It was proven later.
Barajas did not know both of his children were dead. One died after being transported to the hospital.
All accounts of the story have Barajas going back into his home before returning to shoot the other man -- in the head.

Barajas could have spent those minutes helping his one son clinging to life. Crying for help to neighbors, passersby, family, whoever. He made the terrible choice to go back inside the house, get a gun and execute this man. He's a much less sympathetic figure to me because of these actions.

911 would have been called either way.

Anyways 1 dying would have been enough to kill either way.

I cant believe we are still arguing this.

I don't know if this touches you personally, or what it is. There's no "enough" granting a license to kill in this situation.

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 02:56 PM
:oldlol: Arguing over the choice of words used to describe drunk driving. Primetime has sucked you all in.
no they sucked me in..."careless mistake is too kind, use the word 'reckless' instead please" :facepalm

it's so silly and insignificant in this debate

*goes on to read article where Mother's Against Drunk Driving use the exact words "carelss mistake"

reckless/costly/careless/desasterous/horrible/awful/etc mistake...just pick one and move on

rufuspaul
02-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Yeah I said the amount of times you're caught matters for your sentence, but not from a moral point. If you do something terrible once or ten times it's still terrible.

All drunk driving should have the same base punishment, and then escalate it for each repeated offense, manslaughter, how far over the limit, etc. - It's like that now, but it should be harsher right off the bat. Increase the stigma.

I mean how many times does the average person drive drunk before they were caught? Probably a few.

Three strikes sounds fine in principal, but one do over should be enough. You should get one f*ck up if it wasn't too serious. Your own personal drunk driving is very easy to control, it's all on the individual and how much they value their life, car, privilege to drive, insurance rate, and other people.

I don't know if the laws are still the same but when I lived in Germany if a cop stopped you for suspicion of drunk driving you would get a blood test on the spot (no right to refuse). It was illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to have any alcohol in their system. Over 21 the legal limit was 0.05%. If you're over the limit your car is confiscated and sold. Your license is taken for 6 mo.s and you have to pay a hefty fine and/or face jail time depending on the % of alcohol in your system. A 2nd violation involves a lengthy prison sentence and revocation of your license.

So despite a strong drinking culture, Germans generally avoid driving drunk. Of course it helps that they have a great public transportation system.

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Yeah I said the amount of times you're caught matters for your sentence, but not from a moral point. If you do something terrible once or ten times it's still terrible.

All drunk driving should have the same base punishment, and then escalate it for each repeated offense, manslaughter, how far over the limit, etc. - It's like that now, but it should be harsher right off the bat. Increase the stigma.

I mean how many times does the average person drive drunk before they were caught? Probably a few.

Three strikes sounds fine in principal, but one do over should be enough. You should get one f*ck up if it wasn't too serious. Your own personal drunk driving is very easy to control, it's all on the individual and how much they value their life, car, privilege to drive, insurance rate, and other people.
for many people one time IS the eye-opener

and yes some people can get away with it literally hundreds of times before caught

kids are stupid...you can tell a child a million times to "say no to drugs" but most will still say yes at some point. In fact telling them not to do something can make them want to do it more. They have to find out for themselves. And once a kid drives drunk once and gets away with they start to think they are above the norm..."oh but I am great drunk driver"...they don't learn until something bad actually happens. I knew dozens of people with this mind set when I was a youngster...eyes don't open until DUIs start getting handed out.

That's why I like the 3-strike system...I am willing to accept the fact that kids are dumb and do dumb things, esp when drunk.

Legend of Josh
02-14-2013, 04:34 PM
In my much younger years I had two DUIs back-to-back within a 3 year period. As a result, I automatically lost my license for 4 years, and then after the 4 years, I had to have a breathalyzer on my vehicle for 3 additional years. At the time, I thought my life was over, I thought the penalty was way too harsh, etc. Today, I think it was pretty fair, especially considering the hundreds of times I've driven drunk, I could have killed someone (thank God that never happened). Even still to this day (until Oct 11th of 2014) I have a 0.00 tolerance meaning if I get pulled and blow anything up until that date, automatic 3rd DUI offense.

Many would say that's harsh punishment. I think it's fair. Some say it isn't enough.

I've had two DUIs ... should I be locked up for life? WHAT IF I was unfortunate enough to have say my first DUI ... say it was only my 2nd time driving drunk ever, and I just happen to slam into someone, killing them.

Who deserves the more harsh punishment, the guy who's driven 100+ times drunk out of his mind or the guy who only his 2nd time got behind the wheel and slammed into said dead subject?

:confusedshrug:

The laws are designed a specific way for a reason. Raw emotion shouldn't drive the law... logic should. LOL, which is why so many of you are so off on this "the drunk driver deserved it" etc bullshit.

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Damn Josh...yeah if you get one more you're gone

hope that is behind you

tontoz
02-14-2013, 04:43 PM
The father was a dumbass. Pull the car off to the side of the road, walk home, worry about it in the morning.

Not to mention that he ran out gas at night with his kids in the car.

Legend of Josh
02-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Damn Josh...yeah if you get one more you're gone

hope that is behind you

Yeah all that drinking bullshit is behind me. I just have to make sure my nose doesn't have residue blue powder from the Roxy 30 I may have just crushed up minutes before.

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 04:49 PM
The father was a dumbass. Pull the car off to the side of the road, walk home, worry about it in the morning.
I wanted to say this as well but didn't because I thought I would get mobbed harder...but he was stupid

"dark rural roads" is NOT the right place to have your sons pushing your car for fcks sake...that is almost asking for a drunk driver to hit you

and he was in walking distances of his own home...just walk home and do it in the morning...in the light, where drivers can see and are sober

Just2McFly
02-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Breaking News: Cars can have head/tail lights on without gas being present in the car.

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Breaking News: Cars can have head/tail lights on without gas being present in the car.
still dangerous as fck though...even if he had his hazards on

I really hate even just driving down dark unlit country ass roads like that...I try to avoid it at all costs...no way I am getting out to change a tire or anything like that, much less have my kids out there with me when my home is in walking distance. Not saying he is to blame because of it, but he did put his own kids in harms way by doing that.

Mach_3
02-14-2013, 09:58 PM
still dangerous as fck though...even if he had his hazards on

I really hate even just driving down dark unlit country ass roads like that...I try to avoid it at all costs...no way I am getting out to change a tire or anything like that, much less have my kids out there with me when my home is in walking distance. Not saying he is to blame because of it, but he did put his own kids in harms way by doing that.

As someone who's lived in the south a long time this was one of my 1st questions. Why was he having his sons push his car on an unlit country road (the ones where you cant see 10 feet in front of you) Even though brake lights or whatever stay on i would never ever get out to do what he had his two sons do in the middle of the night. I wouldn't blame him for his kids death either but its almost as if he's inviting something dangerous to happen :confusedshrug:

-p.tiddy-
02-14-2013, 10:02 PM
As someone who's lived in the south a long time this was one of my 1st questions. Why was he having his sons push his car on an unlit country road (the ones where you cant see 10 feet in front of you) Even though brake lights or whatever stay on i would never ever get out to do what he had his two sons do in the middle of the night. I wouldn't blame him for his kids death either but its almost as if he's inviting something dangerous to happen :confusedshrug:
yeah, I bet his sons were blocking the tail lights too...

Legend of Josh
02-14-2013, 11:27 PM
yeah, I bet his sons were blocking the tail lights too...

It's terribly unfortunate no matter how we slice the pie... the drunk driver was at fault, but so was the dad mad out of his mind.

I can find sympathy for both parties, and despite what most will think, that is with or without me having a DUI to my name.

No one is perfect, we all make mistakes. I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but texting while driving will soon pass the DUI related deaths, and ALL OF US are at least guilty of that much.

I'm not trying to compare apples and oranges here, but I recall being a much better driver, staying between the lines, etc. drunk compared to texting where I know I've looked up at the road and found myself in the opposite lane and/or to the right off the road. Can you honestly say you haven't?

-p.tiddy-
02-15-2013, 12:20 AM
yes exactly everyone makes mistakes, no one is perfect...and that goes triple for teens and young adults...as long as there is alcohol and cars there will ALWAYS be young drunks out on the road...

to all the posters in here asking "what would you have done if those were your kids pt?"...let me ask you this...what would you do if it was your son that was the driver?...would you applaud this man for shooting your son and say "my son deserved to be shot in the face" just like you are in here?...pshh, fck no you wouldn't, you'd label him a murderer (which he is)

grgrants
08-26-2020, 07:10 AM
Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon every day. It's always useful to read through articles from other authors and practice something from other sites.

WhatsApp Plus is a changed whatsapp utility and feature numerous functions want to alternate whatsapp theme, chat colour and so on. WhatsApp Plus Apk 2020 (https://gbapps.net) is evolved by way of a Spanish developer. this offers an potential to run to dual whatsapp in a single android tool.

rawimpact
08-26-2020, 09:53 AM
Great bump bot.

Turns out in 2014 a Jury acquitted the father of murder

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/texas-dad-david-barajas-acquitted-murdering-man-who-killed-sons-n190286