PDA

View Full Version : LeBron beasting

lpublic_enemyl
02-12-2013, 10:57 PM
:bowdown: Streak still going shooting over 60% shooting and 30 points.. heat destroyed the blazers in the last five minutes and lebron putting up nba 2k13 stats:bowdown:

noob cake
02-12-2013, 10:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NfuzqTu.jpg

56.2%

Ancient Legend
02-12-2013, 11:00 PM
If this keeps up, he'll be shooting 70% at 35 years old :lol

lpublic_enemyl
02-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Still can't believe it

imnew09
02-12-2013, 11:02 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

DaSeba5
02-12-2013, 11:02 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Tmuston Beltics
02-12-2013, 11:05 PM
o shjet sexy graph :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

FreezingTsmoove
02-12-2013, 11:05 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

DuMa
02-12-2013, 11:06 PM
prime bron

RoseCity07
02-12-2013, 11:09 PM
So much better than Kobe. It's not even debatable anymore.

lpublic_enemyl
02-12-2013, 11:09 PM
you know what else, think of the durability of lebron too, no major injuries

Pointguard
02-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Amazing when you consider that Shaq, who had nobody who could guard him and was incredibly dominant, never did this.

DonDadda59
02-12-2013, 11:12 PM
We are witnessing a basketball God in his prime. Enjoy it while you can, phenomena like this occur only once in a generation :bowdown:

Askmeificare
02-12-2013, 11:12 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

AlonzoGOAT
02-12-2013, 11:14 PM
God knows I'm not worthy to be a witness of his :bowdown:

Ancient Legend
02-12-2013, 11:18 PM
We will never see another Michael Jordan I always thought, but I never thought I'd see a player dominate so many facets of the game and NOT play like Jordan.
I hope he stays clean during next year's HGH tests. I was a big fan of Barry Bonds during his streak, he was also playing like a God, but it was all an illusion.

NumberSix
02-12-2013, 11:19 PM
30 points on 73%. Breaking NBA records... For LeBron, it was tuesday.

Graviton
02-12-2013, 11:21 PM
He is basically their Point-Center, handles the ball, lives in the paint, finishes vs anyone, shoots 40% from 3.

Mr. Jabbar
02-12-2013, 11:21 PM
:sleeping

stat padding 5 years in a row, nothing to see here folks move along, if Blatche wanted to shoot above 60% he could too, as proved when he faced miami few games ago 5-5 :bowdown:

tmacattack33
02-12-2013, 11:22 PM
I just found this using bball reference's game finder...

Today Lebron scored 30 points, shot 74% on FG's, had 9 assists and only 1 turnover.

Scoring at least 30 points, on at least 70% FG, and having at least 9 assists and 1 or less turnovers has only been done 8 times the 2000's, and was only done 7 times in the 90's.

It happens about once every two years.

:applause:

Fudge
02-12-2013, 11:24 PM

stat padding 5 years in a row, nothing to see here folks move along, if Blatche wanted to shoot above 60% he could too, as proved when he faced miami few games ago 5-5 :bowdown:

I'm surprised you only have 2 red bars.

NumberSix
02-12-2013, 11:24 PM

Translation:

http://s3.favim.com/orig/44/boy-cry-gif-gun-sad-Favim.com-371713.gif

AlonzoGOAT
02-12-2013, 11:25 PM
I think he reps himself with his other troll accounts :lol

Dave3
02-12-2013, 11:25 PM
I just found this using bball reference's game finder...

Today Lebron scored 30 points, shot 74% on FG's, had 9 assists and only 1 turnover.

Scoring at least 30 points, on at least 70% FG, and having at least 9 assists and 1 or less turnovers has only been done 8 times the 2000's, and was only done 7 times in the 90's.

It happens about once every two years.

:applause:
Too specific. I'm ok with 30/10/10 or 20/5/5 but 30/9/1 and 74+? If you get that specific, half the league has probably had a game that happens once a decade.

Mr. Jabbar
02-12-2013, 11:27 PM

Me too, with all the lebron slurping around here I don't know how its not a red lightsabre. Maybe these guys fapping at stats have trouble negging with their left hand

lpublic_enemyl
02-12-2013, 11:27 PM
announcer said something interesting. he said if bosh was playing in the playoffs they wud have swept the pacers

lpublic_enemyl
02-12-2013, 11:28 PM

wow bet if kobe did this u'd be doing the same x10

tmacattack33
02-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Too specific. I'm ok with 30/10/10 or 20/5/5 but 30/9/1 and 74+? If you get that specific, half the league has probably had a game that happens once a decade.

I didn't use 30, 9, 1, and .74+, I used 30+, 9+, 1-, and .70 +.

And i don't know, i don't really think half the league can have one of these games...it is rare for anyone to have a game like this using the major stats (points, FG% or another form of shooting efficiency, rebounds, assists, turnovers, and blocks).

I only ever go to bball reference's game finder when i suspect something rare has occured...and that only happens like twice a month.

Mr. Jabbar
02-12-2013, 11:31 PM
wow bet if kobe did this u'd be doing the same x10

no, I even try to be negative towards kobe so that my fandom doesn't show and I can be objective

Fudge
announcer said something interesting. he said if bosh was playing in the playoffs they wud have swept the pacers
Probably. The floor spacing, eliminating Hibbert or West from the paint, would've done wonders for LeBron and Wade. I don't think they'd sweep them this year though, if they meet. The improvement of George and the return of Granny Danger might push this healthy Heat team to maybe 5-6 games.

RoseCity07
We will never see another Michael Jordan I always thought, but I never thought I'd see a player dominate so many facets of the game and NOT play like Jordan.
I hope he stays clean during next year's HGH tests. I was a big fan of Barry Bonds during his streak, he was also playing like a God, but it was all an illusion.

HGH isn't going to make Lebron shoot 70%. The man is just a beast. You can't take a drug that makes you have court vision.

LikeABosh
02-12-2013, 11:32 PM

"Stat padding" his team to the championship. :roll:

strifed169
02-12-2013, 11:33 PM
30 points on 73%. Breaking NBA records... For LeBron, it was tuesday.
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2834/bison2.jpg

lpublic_enemyl
02-12-2013, 11:34 PM
no, I even try to be negative towards kobe so that my fandom doesn't show and I can be objective
if you were the least bit objective you wud give him his props

lpublic_enemyl
02-12-2013, 11:35 PM
HGH isn't going to make Lebron shoot 70%. The man is just a beast. You can't take a drug that makes you have court vision.
lol mushrooms

Mr. Jabbar
02-12-2013, 11:35 PM
if you were the least bit objective you wud give him his props

I do. Hes the best stat padder in the history of the league.

lpublic_enemyl
02-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Probably. The floor spacing, eliminating Hibbert or West from the paint, would've done wonders for LeBron and Wade. I don't think they'd sweep them this year though, if they meet. The improvement of George and the return of Granny Danger might push this healthy Heat team to maybe 5-6 games.
yeah the pacers play a physical game but bosh is a danger from mid range and unclogs the paint

Dave3
02-12-2013, 11:37 PM
I didn't use 30, 9, 1, and .74+, I used 30+, 9+, 1-, and .70 +.

And i don't know, i don't really think half the league can have one of these games...it is rare for anyone to have a game like this using the major stats (points, FG% or another form of shooting efficiency, rebounds, assists, turnovers, and blocks).

I only ever go to bball reference's game finder when i suspect something rare has occured...and that only happens like twice a month.
Point still stands though - getting over specific like that doesn't actually show anything.

lpublic_enemyl
well one of the best stat padders with a fmvp:cheers:

Indian guy
He did most of his damage in the post today. In fact, this record setting streak of his has mostly been built on his damage with his back to the basket. I don't know how he became so comfortable there(he wasn't last season), but he's a guaranteed 2 points or drawn foul if you don't double him.

Pointguard
02-12-2013, 11:38 PM
He's at 60% for threes as well with 9 made. This is really bizarre.

Money 23
02-12-2013, 11:38 PM
We are witnessing a basketball God in his prime. Enjoy it while you can, phenomena like this occur only once in a generation :bowdown:
You're being generous. In terms of basketball gods, players that re-define this is a short list.

MJ
Bird
Magic
Oscar
Chamberlain
Russell

Pretty sure Bron is going to join this club, too. Like the great fighter jets in history, and the evolutionary advancements between generations. Basketball players are the same way.

LeBron was a new type of player that was a mold breaker from the immediate post Jordan generation (Kobe, Duncan, Iverson, Pierce) ...

DirkNowitzki41
02-12-2013, 11:39 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Pointguard
02-12-2013, 11:40 PM
He did most of his damage in the post today. In fact, this record setting streak of his has mostly been built on his damage with his back to the basket. I don't know how he became so comfortable there(he wasn't last season), but he's a guaranteed 2 points or drawn foul if you don't double him.
He's relaxed and takes his time.

Lebron23
02-12-2013, 11:41 PM
We are not worthy.

Money 23
02-12-2013, 11:48 PM
He is basically their Point-Center, handles the ball, lives in the paint, finishes vs anyone, shoots 40% from 3.
He does his post damage from mid block to elbow, so I'd say he's more PF than C. But yes, I'd absolutely agree bro.

He's a Power PG

He faces up a lot out of the post. Which makes him equally damaging. You put a bigger PF on him defensively to negate the size advantage w/ his back to the basket and he blows by them off first step.

Put small guy on him to negate dribble penetration and he backs them down. Or shoots over them. Like Jordan was, he has too many options, playing chess out there.

AlonzoGOAT
02-12-2013, 11:52 PM
He does his post damage from mid block to elbow, so I'd say he's more PF than C. But yes, I'd absolutely agree.

He's a Power PG

He faces up a lot out of the post. Which makes him equally damaging. You put a bigger PF on him defensively to negate the size advantage w/ his back to the basket and he blows by them off first step.

Put small guy on him to negate dribble penetration and he backs them down. Or shoots over them. Like Jordan was, he has too many options, playing chess out there.
Did you watch the game today? not dissing you either, it's just that in your post it was very true this game, he was going ham with the post in the 1st half, no one could stop him, he was straight up bullying peoplee. If you go on bballbreakdowns channel he has the statistics and they sai he is scoring the most of his point on post ups, something people used to critic him back in the day :applause: Also he didn't pass up on any shots from what I saw, instead there was one where he was open but went to the jab steb snd steamed by his man for a dunk instead :coleman: :lol :cheers:

B-Low
02-12-2013, 11:58 PM

There I just gave him a 3rd one (and I don't even like LeBron. just hate people refusing to give credit where it's due)

Graviton
02-12-2013, 11:59 PM
People say he is passing up shots but it's more like he is being patient and waiting for the very last moment to make his move, it throws off defenses. Now they gotta worry about his postups, slashing, 3 point shot, passing off the dribble or the double, his faceup jab step jumper or drive. The opposing team is completely at his mercy. And defensively he just roams and reads plays, when Bosh/Chalmers/Wade double the ball handler Lebron is ready to intercept the pass to the next man, creating havoc on D as well.

Playoffs are going to be something else, I feel like healthy Heat will shock everyone even more and be more dominant than in 2012.

NumberSix
02-13-2013, 12:00 AM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/obama-cnn-dance.gif

Money 23
02-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Did you watch the game today? not dissing you either, it's just that in your post it was very true this game, he was going ham with the post in the 1st half, no one could stop him, he was straight up bullying peoplee. If you go on bballbreakdowns channel he has the statistics and they sai he is scoring the most of his point on post ups, something people used to critic him back in the day
Well it was a legit criticism. We all know he'd a) be super efficient without having to use much energy to score if he learned to post up given his size (it's even more damaging given how great a passer Bron has always been) and b) it was only logical, and would help prolong his career. MJ did it and he weighed between 200 - 215 lbs. Bron has a way bigger frame and he's out there playing PG. If he figured how to post up, he'd greatly extend his career and make himself a much more versatile weapon. He's now as versatile on offense as he is on defense guarding positions 1 - 4 and sometimes small 5s. It's a shame it took him so long to 'get it' and put in work to become a post player as well. He had overwhelming tools at his disposal in order to do it, too.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment given my post. I actually didn't watch the game today. It's just the evolution in his game I've noticed quite a bit over the past year. And he's frighteningly getting more and more comfortable in the post, and his footwork is getting better and better.

The way I explained the versatility in his game is essentially what I was banging the drum for all along. Or anyone who knew Bron's true capabilities. The mid range game, and mid to low post game allows him to be super effective in the half court when teams collapse on his and Wade's drives. It allows him to be dominant in the more controlled, slower pace half court set in the playoffs when teams don't let you shoot un-contested 3's, get tons of transition baskets, and zone up on your ISO game and drive. It gives different looks to defense to keep them off balance and not be able to defend Bron simply one way.

He's essentially at that point in his career, with his game, and bball IQ where he's Neo tapped into the Matrix. Just like MJ was toying with kats from '92 - '98 purely off skill and IQ. Never needing to go out and exert tons of energy to effectively and efficiently put away teams.

I wasn't watching all these games, caught bits and pieces. I thought he was doing the chicken shit thing he used to do of obviously protecting his FG percentage, but having watched some of these games completely now and specifically the Laker game from Sunday ... he's not protecting and baby-ing his FG percentage surprisingly. He's shooting long jumpers too, he's just hitting. He's just using his intelligence to pick his spots.

plowking
02-13-2013, 12:08 AM
His game recently is complimenting itself on the court. Hes attacking earlier and giving himself space for his midrange game. Then he can go back inside again and face up, and blow by his defender.
Its been amazing watching him the last few games.

Money 23
02-13-2013, 12:15 AM
His game recently is complimenting itself on the court. Hes attacking earlier and giving himself space for his midrange game. Then he can go back inside again and face up, and blow by his defender.
Its been amazing watching him the last few games.
Exactly. He's keeping the defense so off balance. One of the reasons he has looked so slow off the dribble since joining the Heat, was teams were zoning up on drives for him and Wade, trying to negate dribble penetration. They were BEGGING Bron to do something else offensively.

And now he is ... his jumper is automatic, and he's got this comfortable post game. As you said, he starts off attacking the basket, they sag, he drains jumpers and it essentially keeps the defender and defense so off balance they can't zone up on the drive now.

He was BLOWING by Ron Artest off first step on Sunday. So he's a) regained some of his quickness but b) teams don't just have one way to defend him now.

He's really replicating the way he attacked in game 6 and using that as a template for his game. Which is genius.

Playoffs are going to be something else, I feel like healthy Heat will shock everyone even more and be more dominant than in 2012.
I agree. Especially with healthy Wade, and healthy Bosh. No more monkey on the back syndrome, either.

miller-time
02-13-2013, 12:16 AM

When are you going to realize you boarded the wrong ship? The Kobe ship is going down man, abandon it before it takes you down into the depths of insanity.

BuffaloBill
02-13-2013, 12:18 AM
He's alright

AlonzoGOAT
02-13-2013, 12:19 AM
Well it was a legit criticism. We all know he'd a) be super efficient without having to use much energy to score if he learned to post up given his size (it's even more damaging given how great a passer Bron has always been) and b) it was only logical, and would help prolong his career. MJ did it and he weighed between 200 - 215 lbs. Bron has a way bigger frame and he's out there playing PG. If he figured how to post up, he'd greatly extend his career and make himself a much more versatile weapon. He's now as versatile on offense as he is on defense guarding positions 1 - 4 and sometimes small 5s. It's a shame it took him so long to 'get it' and put in work to become a post player as well. He had overwhelming tools at his disposal in order to do it, too.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment given my post. I actually didn't watch the game today. It's just the evolution in his game I've noticed quite a bit over the past year. And he's frighteningly getting more and more comfortable in the post, and his footwork is getting better and better.

The way I explained the versatility in his game is essentially what I was banging the drum for all along. Or anyone who knew Bron's true capabilities. The mid range game, and mid to low post game allows him to be super effective in the half court when teams collapse on his and Wade's drives. It allows him to be dominant in the more controlled, slower pace half court set in the playoffs when teams don't let you shoot un-contested 3's, get tons of transition baskets, and zone up on your ISO game and drive. It gives different looks to defense to keep them off balance and not be able to defend Bron simply one way.

He's essentially at that point in his career, with his game, and bball IQ where he's Neo tapped into the Matrix. Just like MJ was toying with kats from '92 - '98 purely off skill and IQ. Never needing to go out and exert tons of energy to effectively and efficiently put away teams.

I wasn't watching all these games, caught bits and pieces. I thought he was doing the chicken shit thing he used to do of obviously protecting his FG percentage, but having watched some of these games completely now and specifically the Laker game from Sunday ... he's not protecting and baby-ing his FG percentage surprisingly. He's shooting long jumpers too, he's just hitting. He's just using his intelligence to pick his spots.
Very good post and yeah I know you're not a hater or a nut hugger you're 99% of the time speak the truth without bias even tho some have said otherwise. And yeah lebrons shooting improvements, players would have the luxery to sag off more to keep up with him when he drives to the basket but not have to be wary on his jumpers. And like you said the post up saves him so much energy and it could look ike a huge mismatch sometimes with his skill in finished and his crazy athleticism.

Sorry for the spelling/grammar errors btw. I'm tired and forced to use internet explorer with no spell check since google chrome and firfox won't work /cry

RRR3
02-13-2013, 12:20 AM
I'm curious - what are your thoughts on Kobe taking that last shot Lebron let him have while the Lakers should have just been running down the clock? You know, the wide open shot he took when they were down by about twelve and the shot clock was turned off. Let me guess, its OK when your lover boy Kobe does it.

Your whole post screams of insecurity. Just admit it, you're terrified because Lebron is about to surpass your "gawd"

Mr. Jabbar
02-13-2013, 12:20 AM
When are you going to realize you boarded the wrong ship? The Kobe ship is going down man, abandon it before it takes you down into the depths of insanity.

Sorry I don't go around boarding ships, I leave bandwagoning to lebron fans

Mr. Jabbar
02-13-2013, 12:22 AM
I'm curious - what are your thoughts on Kobe taking that last shot Lebron let him have while the Lakers should have just been running down the clock? You know, the wide open shot he took when they were down by about twelve and the shot clock was turned off. Let me guess, its OK when your lover boy Kobe does it.

Your whole post screams of insecurity. Just admit it, you're terrified because Lebron is about to surpass your "gawd"

a 5 game stretch aint changing anything man, ive seen so many overreactions hre Im already used to it

Jax
02-13-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm a stan and I'm saying this: Lebron is DUMB for not attacking the rim always!

RRR3
02-13-2013, 12:30 AM
a 5 game stretch aint changing anything man, ive seen so many overreactions hre Im already used to it
You're not addressing Kobe's stat padding. :no:

Mr. Jabbar = GOAT coward! :bowdown:

Kobe's failure to lead a stacked team to .500 must make you a little more insane each day. :lol

LikeABosh
02-13-2013, 12:31 AM
He's shot under 40% just once the whole season.

miller-time
02-13-2013, 12:34 AM

I'm not saying jump to another ship, just get off the one you are on so you can watch the game properly. Right now the only thing that seems to matter to you is Kobe's legacy. It isn't healthy or what basketball is about. You can't appreciate LeBron because your emotional investment in Kobe has you trapped (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY_LVZF3cDI).

Clifton
02-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Gosh... I think Lebron's actually getting overrated now.

Just a little bit, but this is a first.

Two words.

REGULAR SEASON.

When he plays well - not great, but well - against a serious team that is known for very good defense, for a whole playoff series, then we can start freaking out.

Someone pointed out that these ppg/%s are Shaqlike... yes well Shaq did this, consistently, in tough playoff series. So did Jordan. Lebron has never had a dominant and successful playoffs against stiff competition, the type of competition Shaq and Jordan consistently lit up to the tune of 30+ppg / 50+%

stephanieg
02-13-2013, 01:02 AM
Good thing he didn't post up like this a couple years ago.

BrickingStar
02-13-2013, 01:02 AM
a

Two words.

REGULAR SEASON.

When he plays well - not great, but well - against a serious team that is known for very good defense, for a whole playoff series, then we can start freaking out.

Someone pointed out that these ppg/%s are Shaqlike... yes well Shaq did this, consistently, in tough playoff series. So did Jordan. Lebron has never had a dominant and successful playoffs against stiff competition, the type of competition Shaq and Jordan consistently lit up to the tune of 30+ppg / 50+%

He's done basically that for 3 playoffs and lebron doesn't chose who he faces so holding that against him is retarded and let's not make it sound like those 2 faced world beating defensive teams consistently.

ihoopallday
02-13-2013, 01:13 AM

Two words.

REGULAR SEASON.

:wtf: Really. Did you miss that playoff series in 07 against Detroit? If that's not dominant against stiff competition, then I don't know what is. Why is it so hard for y'all to just give him credit. That's the problem nowadays with sports fan. Some spend too much time wanting a guy to fail, and not appreciating something we may never see again for a long time.

secund2nun
02-13-2013, 01:15 AM
You're being generous. In terms of basketball gods, players that re-define this is a short list.

MJ
Bird
Magic
Oscar
Chamberlain
Russell

Pretty sure Bron is going to join this club, too. Like the great fighter jets in history, and the evolutionary advancements between generations. Basketball players are the same way.

LeBron was a new type of player that was a mold breaker from the immediate post Jordan generation (Kobe, Duncan, Iverson, Pierce) ...

Add Shaq and Duncan to that list.

plowking
02-13-2013, 01:22 AM

Two words.

REGULAR SEASON.

You seem to have a nice rewritten version of history then. Jordan shot in the high 30% range in a series against Miami, yet his team still went through. He shot poorly against New York a few times, yet his team won.
Lebron has dominated defenses in the same way Jordan has, yet at times, much like when Jordan was slicing up elite defenses, his team lost.

And who exactly did Shaq face? Not saying anyone would have stopped him from getting 35/15 in any of the finals series, but its not like he was up against the best of the best in terms of defenses or defense at his position.

Lebron absolutely tore up Indiana and Boston last season. Both teams known as the most physical defensive teams in the league.

Some people, like yourself, need to stop trying to put everything in the most sorted, finite context possible, and take a great performance, or stretch of performances in this case, for what it actually is; great.

Ikill
02-13-2013, 01:24 AM
a
[/B]

He's done basically that for 3 playoffs and lebron doesn't chose who he faces so holding that against him is retarded and let's not make it sound like those 2 faced world beating defensive teams consistently.
He's had 4 deep playoff runs 07 09 11 12
07 he played 2 terrible teams and an okay pistons still he was garbage outside of the ECF. 09 was obviously great but he beat a 39 win Pistons team and an injured Hawks team. He put up 39/8/8 against Orlando but their perimeter defense other good wing players were destroying them too. Not only that his numbers were kind of inflated 44 minutes a game 26 shots a game and 16 free throw attempts a game. 2011 he played against 3 elite defensive teams in a row and he had his moments but even outside the finals he was pretty average by his standards. 2012 was great overall

Mr. Jabbar
02-13-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm not saying jump to another ship, just get off the one you are on so you can watch the game properly. Right now the only thing that seems to matter to you is Kobe's legacy. It isn't healthy or what basketball is about. You can't appreciate LeBron because your emotional investment in Kobe has you trapped (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY_LVZF3cDI).

Kobe forgives you

Ikill
02-13-2013, 01:38 AM

Two words.

REGULAR SEASON.

I think his achievements get overblown but i wouldn't say he is overrated. In terms of playing great against elite defensive teams he averaged 34 points against the Celtics last who the number 1 defensive team in the NBA. He dominated OKC and Indiana too they were pretty good defensive teams too (top 10). He also had decent series against 11 Bulls 11 Celtics and 07 Pistons.

Money 23
02-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Add Shaq and Duncan to that list.
Nah.

Shaq was a physically overwhelming player. A dominant player. A legend an all-time great, no doubt. But an evolutionary albeit slightly lesser version of Wilt. Which is much similar to why Kobe and Wade aren't on the list. They are slightly lesser versions of a superior mold or model, in this case ... Jordan.

Duncan isn't a mold breaking player, either. In fact, Dirk and Garnett would have a case over both Duncan and Shaq as mold breaking generational players. Garnett and Dirk, the center sized player who can shoot, is skilled, and in Garnett's case can guard multiple positions. Truly firsts of their kind.

BTW, love your screen name.

Magic 32
02-13-2013, 02:12 AM
He's just Mr. Perfect right now :rolleyes:

Too bad he's only 4-15 shooting over 50% in the finals. :no:

Kellogs4toniee
02-13-2013, 02:18 AM
Anybody who has any ounce of real respect for the game of basketball must recognize that we are watching a once in a life-time type of greatness right now. This is coming from someone who two-three years ago hated him with all my guts. I for one am going to enjoy his prime for as long as I can. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Round Mound
02-13-2013, 02:26 AM
I Don`t Understand Why People are Going Nuts Over This. I Told Everyone Here on ISH That Lebron Has Been The Best Player in the NBA for Atleast The Last 6 Years. Lebron`s FG% has Risen Not Just Because He Plays In A Better Team but He is Learning To Have a Better Shot Selection (something Kobe Never Learned) and Adding a Post Game to His Game. Props To Him :applause:

inclinerator
02-13-2013, 02:33 AM
i noticed he's letting wade or chalmers handle the ball alot more, only start handling the ball when the heat doesnt score for a while

alleykat
02-13-2013, 02:46 AM

U post more on lebron threads than anyone else I've seen....so...

plowking
02-13-2013, 02:48 AM
I Don`t Understand Why People are Going Nuts Over This. I Told Everyone Here on ISH That Lebron Has Been The Best Player in the NBA for Atleast The Last 6 Years. Lebron`s FG% has Risen Not Just Because He Plays In A Better Team but He is Learning To Have a Better Shot Selection (something Kobe Never Learned) and Adding a Post Game to His Game. Props To Him :applause:

Most people don't need you to tell them anything. People know Lebron is the best.

LOL at not being that impressed by this run. :oldlol:

Magic 32
02-13-2013, 02:56 AM
http://oi45.tinypic.com/k2b6mx.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/r9n2as.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2iqcw9g.jpg

4-15

Lebron23
02-13-2013, 03:04 AM
http://oi45.tinypic.com/k2b6mx.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/r9n2as.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2iqcw9g.jpg

4-15

LeBron will have the same number of Finals MVP as your favorite player after this season.

Magic 32
02-13-2013, 03:07 AM
LeBron will have the same number of Finals MVP as your favorite player after this season.

Magic had 3 finals MVP.

Lebron23
02-13-2013, 03:09 AM
U post more on lebron threads than anyone else I've seen....so...

Mr. Jabbar is an obsessed LeBron hater.

Lebron23
02-13-2013, 03:10 AM
Magic had 3 finals MVP.

He is not your favorite NBA player.

andgar923
02-13-2013, 03:18 AM
Just to make some shit clear:

Bron better player than Kobe
Kobe more skilled scorer

Sounds about right.

miller-time
02-13-2013, 03:23 AM

Kobe more skilled scorer

Sounds about right.

More skilled scorer sounds like some wishy washy made up concept that defeated people use.

Round Mound
02-13-2013, 03:44 AM
Most people don't need you to tell them anything. People know Lebron is the best.

LOL at not being that impressed by this run. :oldlol:

I am Impressed Actually. Hope He Can Maintain that Scoring Efficiency at 56% for his Career. I Think He Is Capable of That Since He Has Learned How to Post Up Now. Something All Fans Kept Mentioning. Who Cares If He is Not 3-Point Specialist or Far Range Shooter If Develops a Post Game Near the Mid Range Region he could be Chuck-like.

plowking
02-13-2013, 03:46 AM
I am Impressed Actually. Hope He Can Maintain that Scoring Efficiency at 56% for his Career. I Think He Is Capable of That Since He Has Learned How to Post Up Now. Something All Fans Kept Mentioning. Who Cares If He is Not 3-Point Specialist or Far Range Shooter If Develops a Post Game Near the Mid Range Region he could be Chuck-like.

Hes already better than Chuck ever was, and has been the last 4 seasons.

Hes a great midrange shooter, and a decent long range one. If this season is a sign of things to come, then hes a great long range shooter too.

Magic 32
02-13-2013, 03:56 AM
He is not your favorite NBA player.

Yes he is, paranoid loser. I hate Lebron more than I like Kobe in fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI

SIRI1
02-13-2013, 03:59 AM
Blazers players were in awe after the game
[QUOTE]

Round Mound
02-13-2013, 04:12 AM
Hes already better than Chuck ever was, and has been the last 4 seasons.

Hes a great midrange shooter, and a decent long range one. If this season is a sign of things to come, then hes a great long range shooter too.

He Hasn`t Mastered the Post Game Yet to Be Even Mentioned with Barkley. He Has a Long Way To Go To Be Chuck Like in the Post and Mid Range Region (Score 21.6 PPG Shooting 58.13% on 12.9 Two-Point FGAs Only BUT FOR HIS WHOLE CAREER). And Since He Is Playing Powerforward He Should Atleast Average 11-12 RPG With that Physique (But Rebounding is Also a Skill etc). He isn`t the Shot Blocker Barkley Was In His Early Days (apart from Chase Down Blocks). He is a Better Ballhandler, Passer and Long Range Shooter I`ll Give U That But He Aint No Barkley in the Offensive and Rebounding Side.

plowking
02-13-2013, 04:16 AM
He Hasn`t Mastered the Post Game Yet to Be Even Mentioned with Barkley. He Has a Long Way To Go To Be Chuck Like in the Post and Mid Range Region (Score 21.6 PPG Shooting 58.13% on 12.9 Two-Point FGAs Only BUT FOR HIS WHOLE CAREER). And Since He Is Playing Powerforward He Should Atleast Average 11-12 RPG With that Physique (But Rebounding is Also a Skill etc). He isn`t the Shot Blocker Barkley Was In His Early Days (apart from Chase Down Blocks). He is a Better Ballhandler, Passer and Long Range Shooter I`ll Give U That But He Aint No Barkley in the Offensive and Rebounding Side.

Bron is a better offensive player, and defensive player. Simple as that. And he's a better scorer.

He shouldn't average 12rpg with his physique. He plays too far away from the basket, and he still gets 8rpg. When he moves to the PF spot permanently, maybe he will.

Pointguard
02-13-2013, 04:40 AM
Lebron won the finals almost exclusively in the post. Lead his team in rebounding, assist and scoring. His judgement and intelligence is also a big plus. His all around game is the most impressive ever. If Lebron was average defensively I would still give him the advantage on Barkley. I'm sure even Barkley would agree.

Round Mound
02-13-2013, 04:50 AM
To Many 20 Year Old Kids Here Talking About Barkley as If They Saw Him Play Live.

Lebron James is No Where Close to as Good Mid Range and Post Player as Barkley Was. He is Not Recieving Double and Triple Teams 8-15 FT Away and Near the Painted Area Like Barkley Forced in his Day.

- Barkley Recieved More Defensive Rotations than Any Player of His Generation

- Barkley Foreced More Ilegal Defenses Than Any player of His Generation

-Barkley Forced Near the Same Amout of Double and Triple Teaming than Prime Shaq.

-Barkley Forced Rule Changes in the Game "5 Second Back to the Basket Rule"

*When You Force Rule Changes...Then You Can Talk About How Great You Are*

To Shoot: 58.13% Two-Point FG% on 21.6 PPG...Taking ONLY 12.9 Two-Point FGAs PG for HIS WHOLE CAREER. I Repeat....WHOLE CAREER.

Lebron is Playing PF Right Now He Should Alteast Average 12 RPG with that Physique but He Doesn`t Have the Skill Set His Rebounds are Usually Open Rebounds...No Battle Inside or Outside.

He Aint the Shot Blocker Barkley Was in his Phily Days Either.

Lebron is Better in Transition cause of Legnth, Ballhandling, Passing and Far Range Shooting. He is More Skilled with the Ball in Open Situations.

Barkley is a Better Post Scorer, Mid Range Shooter, Rebounder, 1 on 1 Player in Lateral Situations and More Skilled in Half Court Situations.

plowking
02-13-2013, 05:03 AM
LOL at Barkley being a better mid range or 1 on 1 player than Barkley. LOL at Barkley being more skilled in the half court too.

Round Mound
02-13-2013, 05:10 AM
LOL at Barkley being a better mid range or 1 on 1 player than Barkley. LOL at Barkley being more skilled in the half court too.

Then You Must Be 20 Years Old and Never Saw Prime Healthy Barkley Play Live as a I Did.

Nobody1901
02-13-2013, 07:50 AM

This is completely ridiculous. Barkely cannot possibly be better mid range or 1 on 1 than Barkley. I would say he's equal to himself.

chips93
02-13-2013, 08:20 AM

using two point field goal percentage as an indicator of a mid-range game is really dumb. if you score at the basket, you are gonna take two point shots, and have a good two point FG%, it tells you almost nothing about how good a mid-range shooter somebody is.

tyson chandler shoots 67% from 2pt range, does this mean hes a great mid-range scorer?

using 2pt FG% is pointless, all it does is excuse a player for shooting 3s, which chuck did badley. its really dumb, and you doing it is a very transparent way of glossing over the fact that barkley settled for far too many 3s in his career, making him a far less efficiecnt scorer than he could have been.

tobethdope
02-13-2013, 08:22 AM
hes good, very good, he might even be BOAT (best of...) when he finishes - GOAT tho, ya that wont happen...:rockon:

JellyBean
02-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Gotta give props where props are due, King James is playing at a level that I have never seen a player play at in....ever. Mad props to Lebron James.:applause:

plowking
02-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Then You Must Be 20 Years Old and Never Saw Prime Healthy Barkley Play Live as a I Did.

No, I'm just a far better observer of basketball than you are.

SilkkTheShocker
02-13-2013, 09:04 AM
I like Barkley a lot, but stop putting him in the same sentence with LeBron.

Human Error
02-13-2013, 09:19 AM

Kobe more skilled scorer

Sounds about right.
Why does a more skilled player need to shoot a lot more to score fewer points at lower efficiency? That is not a good skill I'd say.

Bandito
02-13-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm a stan and I'm saying this: Lebron is DUMB for not attacking the rim always!
He's not god he has to save himself for the playoffs bro. 30 pts? What more do you want?

Nash
02-13-2013, 09:57 AM
This man is unbelievable. He's honestly their PG and main ball handler while also being so good that some people call him point forward and point center.

DCL
02-13-2013, 10:06 AM
big, fast, strong, with skills.

it's just not fair to have all four.

Pointguard
02-13-2013, 10:19 AM
1 on 1 Player in Lateral Situations.

Hahaha, I don't know what it is, but it sounds like something I got planned for Valentines Day.

EllEffEll
02-13-2013, 10:22 AM
LeBron James has turned a corner since the Heat lost to the Mavs in the Finals. He has matured as a player and as a person :pimp: His game has become more well rounded than ever before and he is currently playing at a phenomenal level.

The Heat are showing championship mettle with the way they are able to close out games and have become a pretty good supporting cast for LBJ, Wade, and Bosh. But, today's LBJ has separated himself from everybody in the league for his all around game, which is something I had doubts I would ever say.

I prefer to put off historical context until a player's career has wound down or ended, but LBJ has positioned himself to possibly get to top 5 or better. How far into that? Hard to say, but he has finally begun to realize his potential and we are currently witnessing something very special.

2010splash
02-13-2013, 10:36 AM
In terms of impact, already by far the second greatest player of all time.

Magic 32
02-13-2013, 10:51 AM
In terms of impact, already by far the second greatest player of all time.

Wilt, Jordan?

Let him do it in the playoffs.

2010splash
02-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Wilt, Jordan?

Jordan only. Wilt? What an insult to LeBron.

He already did it in the playoffs several times:

2006 - 31/8/6 on 48% shooting
2009 - 35/9/7 on 51% shooting (one of the greatest playoff runs in history)
2010 - 29/9/8 on 50% shooting
2012 - 30/10/6 on 50% shooting (NBA title)

Had he been playing on a real team instead of Cleveland those other years, he'd have several titles by now. Still doesn't take away from how dominant he was... all it shows is the poor quality of his supporting cast.

Pacers4ever
02-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Wilt, Jordan?

:lol :lol :lol

Magic 32
02-13-2013, 11:44 AM
2006 - 31/8/6 on 48% shooting

Wizards, right?

2009 - 35/9/7 on 51% shooting (one of the greatest playoff runs in history)

Lost against the only good team he played. Greatest playoff run my a*s.

2010 - 29/9/8 on 50% shooting

That the one were he took off the last 2 games against the Celtics, right? (again the only good team he played)

2012 - 30/10/6 on 50% shooting (NBA title)

Yeah, so 1 great run to be correct (with Wade and Bosh).

Wilt:

Season Age Tm G MP FG FGA FG% FT FTA FT% TRB AST PF PTS
1959-60 23 PHW 9 46.1 13.9 28.0 .496 5.4 12.2 .445 25.8 2.1 1.9 33.2
1960-61 24 PHW 3 48.0 15.0 32.0 .469 7.0 12.7 .553 23.0 2.0 3.3 37.0
1961-62 25 PHW 12 48.0 13.5 28.9 .467 8.0 12.6 .636 26.6 3.1 2.3 35.0
1963-64 27 SFW 12 46.5 14.6 26.8 .543 5.5 11.6 .475 25.2 3.3 2.3 34.7
1964-65 28 PHI 11 48.7 11.2 21.1 .530 6.9 12.4 .559 27.2 4.4 2.6 29.3
1965-66 29 PHI 5 48.0 11.2 22,0 .509 5.6 13.6 .412 30.2 3.0 2.0 28.0
1966-67 30 PHI 15 47.9 8.8 15.2 .579 4.1 10.7 .388 29.1 9.0 2.5 21.7

lebeast666
02-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Wilt era cant be taken serious

red1
02-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Magic 32 you need to step it up son. Negged for being a f*gg*t in every thread

Money 23
02-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Part of his era can't. But Wilt can be taken seriously. He obviously showed he had the talent to beast on physically capable and similar players. Not to the ridiculous and inflated averages he had for a period of time, but great modern type numbers none the less.

You're fooling yourself if you don't think Wilt Chamberlain could torch the league right now if you took him from that era and dropped him in these weak center ass league, we see today. He'd feast on every team.

Magic 32
02-13-2013, 12:01 PM

Why should we take the east serious from 2002-2010?

Lebron beat one decent/good team as a cavs (old Pistons with C Webb).

Money 23
02-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Why should we take the east serious from 2002-2010?

Lebron beat one decent/good team as a cavs (old Pistons with C Webb).
This is a solid point, though.

Even the competition they faced in 2009 (Magic included) weren't all that special.

They took advantage of what was probably the best team that season prior to major injury, the 2009 Celtics, being completely damaged goods.

But since joining Miami he has faced some very good ball clubs out East:

2011 Celtics
2011 Bulls
2012 Celtics

Those are some quality teams, who were all extremely good defensively, and usually at the top of the league in terms of defense.

Magic 32
02-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Magic 32 you need to step it up son. Negged for being a f*gg*t in every thread

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/4814087/20121130_lbm_sd9_037.0_standard_352.0.jpg

ZeN
02-13-2013, 12:20 PM
If every player in the league would take HGH.. they could still never match LeBron at what he can do on HGH..

Substances may keep you in peak condition but it doesnt give you conditioning, skills, drive, nor talent.

Money 23
02-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Substances may keep you in peak condition but it doesnt give you conditioning, skills, drive, nor talent.
But it keeps you durable. Which means you stay on the court in order to produce. Durability should be natural, and not cheated. Which is why certain players have taken it (D-Wade post 2008 is very obvious)

2010splash
02-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Wizards, right?
A great playoff run is a great playoff run. LeBron can't choose who he plays against.

Lost against the only good team he played. Greatest playoff run my a*s.
Is this a joke? Mofo averaged 39/8/8 against the team he lost to. Let me repeat. 39 points. 8 rebounds. 8 assists. He A-V-E-R-A-G-E-D those disgusting numbers for the series. Not just one game, not two. Those were his series numbers. That is all-time stuff right there.

If you can't win with those stats, it's on your pitiful team, not you.

That the one were he took off the last 2 games against the Celtics, right? (again the only good team he played)
Celtics were a better team. The Cavs were fool's gold - regular season monster because of LeBron but an easy playoff out against elite teams because they had no other good players.

Yeah, so 1 great run to be correct (with Wade and Bosh).

Wilt:

Season Age Tm G MP FG FGA FG% FT FTA FT% TRB AST PF PTS
1959-60 23 PHW 9 46.1 13.9 28.0 .496 5.4 12.2 .445 25.8 2.1 1.9 33.2
1960-61 24 PHW 3 48.0 15.0 32.0 .469 7.0 12.7 .553 23.0 2.0 3.3 37.0
1961-62 25 PHW 12 48.0 13.5 28.9 .467 8.0 12.6 .636 26.6 3.1 2.3 35.0
1963-64 27 SFW 12 46.5 14.6 26.8 .543 5.5 11.6 .475 25.2 3.3 2.3 34.7
1964-65 28 PHI 11 48.7 11.2 21.1 .530 6.9 12.4 .559 27.2 4.4 2.6 29.3
1965-66 29 PHI 5 48.0 11.2 22,0 .509 5.6 13.6 .412 30.2 3.0 2.0 28.0
1966-67 30 PHI 15 47.9 8.8 15.2 .579 4.1 10.7 .388 29.1 9.0 2.5 21.7
:roll:

Those stats are a joke. Playing against undersized midgets with no skill or defense was what Wilt did. His competition was a joke compared to the modern era LeBron plays in. LeBron could have averaged 60/20/12 in Wilt's day.

Besides, it's not like Wilt was some incredible winner either. How many Finals did he lose? Too many to keep track of.

Magic 32
02-13-2013, 12:36 PM
A great playoff run is a great playoff run. LeBron can't choose who he plays against.

But we can put in perspective. This was not a great run. Just numbers against a sub .500 team.

Is this a joke? Mofo averaged 39/8/8 against the team he lost to. Let me repeat. 39 points. 8 rebounds. 8 assists. He A-V-E-R-A-G-E-D those disgusting numbers for the series. Not just one game, not two. Those were his series numbers. That is all-time stuff right there.

If you can't win with those stats, it's on your pitiful team, not you.

Shot the ball alot, did it poorly (the last 4 games). Wilt was better at this game.

Celtics were a better team. The Cavs were fool's gold - regular season monster because of LeBron but an easy playoff out against elite teams because they had no other good players.

Great, he was on a bad team and lost.

Those stats are a joke. Playing against undersized midgets with no skill or defense was what Wilt did. His competition was a joke compared to the modern era LeBron plays in. LeBron could have averaged 60/20/12 in Wilt's day.

Besides, it's not like Wilt was some incredible winner either. How many Finals did he lose? Too many to keep track of.

So physical advantages disqualifies him? hhhmmmmm

theaussieguy
02-13-2013, 12:53 PM
But it keeps you durable. Which means you stay on the court in order to produce. Durability should be natural, and not cheated. Which is why certain players have taken it (D-Wade post 2008 is very obvious)

majority of professional athletes are on drugs like HGH (if only for recovery from injury). People are so ignorant. I for one think he most likely is on something, its pretty obvious to me but I dont take anything away from him as most other players are on it too.

Also steroids can lead to higher risk of injury as the increased strength acquired from muscle mass causes more strain on joints, tendons and ligaments. Therefore even if he was on something, his durability is still out of this world.

All Net
02-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Question is who will hold Lebron to under 60% shooting? who will break the streak?

chazzy
02-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Question is who will hold Lebron to under 60% shooting? who will break the streak?
All star game defense will

Round Mound
02-13-2013, 05:53 PM
No 2-Point FG% and 2-Pointers Are Clear Evidence Off How Good You Are as a Post Player and Mid Range Shooter. Unless You Think Charles Was Just a Dunker "Then He`d Be The 2nd Best In Game Dunker Ever after Shaq" But Its Not True Ofcourse. Barkley Was More Dominant Inside The 3-Pointline Offensively Than Lebron Pure and Simple.

And What I Mean By Lateral Movement It Means How You Go Around Your Defender In Pressure Situations When The Other Team is at Half Court. Barkley was Just the Master 1 on 1 Player in Smaller Space Designed By the The Defenses That Would Double and Triple Barkley before He Even Got to the Post or In the Post 8-12 Ft Away from the Basket. Charles Had The Best Post Spin Moves Ever and Had Great Notion of the Mid Range and Post Game in Close Gap Defensive Situations.

Here Are Some Examples of Barkley`s Post Game and Mid Range Game in Close Defensive Situations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EyJ0_iA3Rs (Notice How He Most of His Shots Where When the Clock Was Running Out in Each Play)

Lebron is a Better Player than Barkley But Barkley Was a Better Mid Range Shooter, 1 on 1 Pressure Situation Player and Scorer, Post Player, Rebounder, Shot Blocker and Was as Deadly in the Open Court Maybe Even More Since He Would Rebound Against PFs, CFs and Cs and Take It Coast to Coast Like Very Few.