PDA

View Full Version : The return of Sonny Weems

gabepizza
02-14-2013, 05:22 PM
19 points on 8 for 16 shooting and 4 assists in a 17 point victory over Panathinaikos. Leading a team that looks sure to advance out of the top 16 in points and 2nd in assists. While a Euroleague MVP might be a bit of a stretch I still think Sonny has a chance of making an All-Euroleague team.

Fiba basketball
02-14-2013, 06:57 PM
19 points on 8 for 16 shooting and 4 assists in a 17 point victory over Panathinaikos. Leading a team that looks sure to advance out of the top 16 in points and 2nd in assists. While a Euroleague MVP might be a bit of a stretch I still think Sonny has a chance of making an All-Euroleague team.
How is he leading the team ? Teodosic had 20 and 7 in this game and is 4th best scorer and 3rd in asists in top 16 so he is clearly playing better and there are Krstic and Khryapa who are also better than Weems . Look at index rating for this game and you will se that he didn't play that well , he is lucky Teodosic created some easy dunks for him or he would have had a bad game .

gabepizza
02-14-2013, 07:54 PM
How is he leading the team ? Teodosic had 20 and 7 in this game and is 4th best scorer and 3rd in asists in top 16 so he is clearly playing better and there are Krstic and Khryapa who are also better than Weems . Look at index rating for this game and you will se that he didn't play that well , he is lucky Teodosic created some easy dunks for him or he would have had a bad game .

Leading the team in points or ppg. I am not saying he is the best player on CSKA. In fact you are right, he is probably the 4th best player on CSKA, but still if he is the leading scorer on a team that makes the quarter-finals or even the final four he has to be in consideration for an all-Euroleague spot.

Fiba basketball
02-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Leading the team in points or ppg. I am not saying he is the best player on CSKA. In fact you are right, he is probably the 4th best player on CSKA, but still if he is the leading scorer on a team that makes the quarter-finals or even the final four he has to be in consideration for an all-Euroleague spot.

He won't be considered for an all Euroleague spot and it doesn't matter that he is leading his team in ppg because he only did it in regular season where he faced weaker teams in top 16 he is playing solid at best and that doesn't win you a place in an all Euroleague team.

You said he is 2nd in assists in CSKA but that isn't true he is 3rd , you also forgot to say he has 2 apg and 2 tpg so it's nothing to brag about .

He is also a bad rebounder last game Teodosic who is a pg had more rebounds than him , when CSKA played against Real Fernandez had career high of 13 rebounds because Weems guarded him , against Unicaja he didn't get a rebound in 29 minutes .

And his defense isn't good at all so he isn't even one of the 5 best player on CSKA in top 16 . Teodosic , Krstic , Khryapa , Kaun and Micov all have better pir than him and are better defenders and being worse defensive player than Krstic and Teodosic is hard ( well Teodosic is good at team defense and he improved his man defense this year so you can call his defense solid but Krstic is still bad ).

SO n

Euroleague
02-15-2013, 10:43 AM

He isn't. Like I keep telling you, gabepizza is a troll. Besides that, he just looks at box scores and never watches a game. He's probably never even seen Weems play.

Weems is really athletic, a really good dunker, and he's a really good jump shooter. He's also a decent passer. But he's in no way in hell leading CSKA.

Teodosic, Khryapa, Krstic, and Kaun are all better players than he is on that team. He's the 5th best player on CSKA.

But to a troll like gabepizza that is an NBA only fan, and never watches these games anyway, that is "leading CSKA"..............

Remember this is the same guy that claimed Josh Childress and Ricky Rubio dominated in Euroleague.

Euroleague
02-15-2013, 10:44 AM
He won't be considered for an all Euroleague spot and it doesn't matter that he is leading his team in ppg because he only did it in regular season where he faced weaker teams in top 16 he is playing solid at best and that doesn't win you a place in an all Euroleague team.

You said he is 2nd in assists in CSKA but that isn't true he is 3rd , you also forgot to say he has 2 apg and 2 tpg so it's nothing to brag about .

He is also a bad rebounder last game Teodosic who is a pg had more rebounds than him , when CSKA played against Real Fernandez had career high of 13 rebounds because Weems guarded him , against Unicaja he didn't get a rebound in 29 minutes .

And his defense isn't good at all so he isn't even one of the 5 best player on CSKA in top 16 . Teodosic , Krstic , Khryapa , Kaun and Micov all have better pir than him and are better defenders and being worse defensive player than Krstic and Teodosic is hard ( well Teodosic is good at team defense and he improved his man defense this year so you can call his defense solid but Krstic is still bad ).

SO n

Krstic and Weems are horrid defenders.

gabepizza
02-15-2013, 11:23 AM

SO n

Yesterday was a victory in the top 16 and Weems was 2nd in his team in points with 19 while Teodosic had the most with only 1 more point. Weems had almost a quarter of his teams points in a 17 point blowout of one of the top Euroleague teams. Weems and Micov are basically the two only additions of a team that lost last years MVP and DPOY not to mention another player who is now an NBA rotation player. If CSKA is again a top team this year, with Weem leading them in ppg and being 2nd in mpg, he will get the recognition he deserves I believe.

Euroleague
02-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Yesterday was a victory in the top 16 and Weems was 2nd in his team in points with 19 while Teodosic had the most with only 1 more point. Weems had almost a quarter of his teams points in a 17 point blowout of one of the top Euroleague teams. Weems and Micov are basically the two only additions of a team that lost last years MVP and DPOY not to mention another player who is now an NBA rotation player. If CSKA is again a top team this year, with Weem leading them in ppg and being 2nd in mpg, he will get the recognition he deserves I believe.

You are an idiot. Kirilenko has never been that good of an offensive player and he wasn't last year either.

Weems just basically does nothing but shoot open jump shots or dunk the ball.

Neither one of those players has anything to do with leading CSKA on offense the last two years.

You clearly have some kind of mental disorder.

gabepizza
02-15-2013, 02:03 PM
You are an idiot. Kirilenko has never been that good of an offensive player and he wasn't last year either.

Weems just basically does nothing but shoot open jump shots or dunk the ball.

Neither one of those players has anything to do with leading CSKA on offense the last two years.

You clearly have some kind of mental disorder.

Who said offense? Kirilenko was the league MVP and DPOY so he definitely was a top player on CSKA. Weems is leading the team in scoring so he is also one of the leaders of the team. Other teams actually have coaches and scouts too and they will actually try to play defense against a team's top scorer they are not retarded like you.

Fiba basketball
02-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Krstic and Weems are horrid defenders.

I said that

Teodosic, Khryapa, Krstic, and Kaun are all better players than he is on that team. He's the 5th best player on CSKA.

I would take Micov over Weems .

Weems is more athletic and is better jump shoter but Micov is also very good at hitting open jumpers but he can't create for himselfe like Weems can .

Micov is better at every other thing : defense , rebounding , passing etc.

gabepizza
02-15-2013, 02:39 PM
This is the same thing over and over. Kirilenko was league MVP and DPOY so not only was he the best player on CSKA he was the best player in the league.

As for Sonny Weems, this is the same discussion I have with FIBA basketball. If a player for one game leads the team in points you can say he got all open shots and lay-ups because of his teammates. If a player leads the team in scoring for the season than he is a team leader. You see, while maybe not on the level of the NBA, Euroleague teams have scouts and coaches too who work. They scout their opponents and will try to stop or at least slow a team's leading scorer.

And I did watch the game. Yes Weems finished lots of great passes but also passed to his teammate for his 4 assists. He was a major component of a team that just eviscerated Panathinaikos.

Fiba basketball
02-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Yesterday was a victory in the top 16 and Weems was 2nd in his team in points with 19 while Teodosic had the most with only 1 more point. Weems had almost a quarter of his teams points in a 17 point blowout of one of the top Euroleague teams.Weems and Micov are basically the two only additions of a team that lost last years MVP and DPOY not to mention another player who is now an NBA rotation player.If CSKA is again a top team this year, with Weem leading them in ppg and being 2nd in mpg, he will get the recognition he deserves I believe.

First bold - Them and 6 more players but 1 of them left the team .

If you watched the game you would see that Teodosic created 2 or 3 easy dunks that only few pg would create .

Also Teodosic who was first scorer and Kaun who was 3rd combined had 1 more fga than Weems it only proves that Weems takes too many shots .

2nd bold - He is geting recognition he deserves he is 6th or 5th best player on CSKA and people acknowledge that .

gabepizza
02-15-2013, 03:10 PM
First bold - Them and 6 more players but 1 of them left the team .

If you watched the game you would see that Teodosic created 2 or 3 easy dunks that only few pg would create .

Also Teodosic who was first scorer and Kaun who was 3rd combined had 1 more fga than Weems it only proves that Weems takes too many shots .

2nd bold - He is geting recognition he deserves he is 6th or 5th best player on CSKA and people acknowledge that .

I would argue 4th best player, I don't know how you can call a teams leading scorers, 2nd in mpg, 3rd in apg, 5 in rpg their 5th or 6th best player. Still as a team's 4th best player it will be hard to get selected to an all-Euroleague team/ The headline of this post is "the return of Sonny Weems". He had a few bad games and was injured, now he seems to be back. Let's see how he does for the rest of the top 16 and the quarter-finals.

He is not only leading his team in points, he is 6th in the whole league, something to look at too.

Fiba basketball
02-15-2013, 03:11 PM
This is the same thing over and over. Kirilenko was league MVP and DPOY so not only was he the best player on CSKA he was the best player in the league.

As for Sonny Weems, this is the same discussion I have with FIBA basketball. If a player for one game leads the team in points you can say he got all open shots and lay-ups because of his teammates. If a player leads the team in scoring for the season than he is a team leader. You see, while maybe not on the level of the NBA, Euroleague teams have scouts and coaches too who work. They scout their opponents and will try to stop or at least slow a team's leading scorer.

And I did watch the game. Yes Weems finished lots of great passes but also passed to his teammate for his 4 assists. He was a major component of a team that just eviscerated Panathinaikos.

Bold 1 - He only led them in regular season where the weakest teams are in top 16 he isn't leading them and if he doesn't led them in ppg in top 8 he him leading the team in points won't matter because he couldn't do it against better teams .

Bold 2 - And 6 TOs

Also this is his best or 2nd best game in top 16 he usualy plays worse than this .

Fiba basketball
02-15-2013, 03:14 PM
I would argue 4th best player, I don't know how you can call a teams leading scorers, 2nd in mpg, 3rd in apg, 5 in rpg their 5th or 6th best player. Still as a team's 4th best player it will be hard to get selected to an all-Euroleague team/ The headline of this post is "the return of Sonny Weems". He had a few bad games and was injured, now he seems to be back. Let's see how he does for the rest of the top 16 and the quarter-finals.

He is not only leading his team in points, he is 6th in the whole league, something to look at too.

Because he is worst defensive player on the team , he can't rebound and has as many TOs as assists , that good enough ?

gabepizza
02-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Bold 1 - He only led them in regular season where the weakest teams are in top 16 he isn't leading them and if he doesn't led them in ppg in top 8 he him leading the team in points won't matter because he couldn't do it against better teams .

Bold 2 - And 6 TOs

Also this is his best or 2nd best game in top 16 he usualy plays worse than this .

I don't know how you can disregard the regular the regular season like that. The games still count. And even if you just take the top 16 he is still third on the team in scoring.

Fiba basketball
02-15-2013, 03:47 PM
I don't know how you can disregard the regular the regular season like that. The games still count. And even if you just take the top 16 he is still third on the team in scoring.

Because those teams are a lot worse and even one of the worst players on teams like CSKA could have good game against teams like that .

So being 3rd best scorer on your team is a good thing when you can't rebound , play defense or assist ? Only way he can contribute to his team is if he can score 15+ ppg but people look at the points and think he plays very good when he scores 13 or 14 but because of other thing he isn't .

gabepizza
02-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Because those teams are a lot worse and even one of the worst players on teams like CSKA could have good game against teams like that .

So being 3rd best scorer on your team is a good thing when you can't rebound , play defense or assist ? Only way he can contribute to his team is if he can score 15+ ppg but people look at the points and think he plays very good when he scores 13 or 14 but because of other thing he isn't .

He is tied for 3rd on the team in assists for the top 16 and had some very nice assists yesterday (4) so don't go off saying he can't assist.

Euroleague
02-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Who said offense? Kirilenko was the league MVP and DPOY so he definitely was a top player on CSKA. Weems is leading the team in scoring so he is also one of the leaders of the team. Other teams actually have coaches and scouts too and they will actually try to play defense against a team's top scorer they are not retarded like you.

You keep using this word "leading" or "lead"............

Kirilenko and Weems have never been "leading" or "lead" any pro team. That implies the player that runs or heads the offense of the team.

That would actually be Teodosic and somewhat also Khryapa, and last year Siskauskas. But mainly Teodosic. Certainly NOTHING to do with either Kirilenko or Weems.

But you say this like "lead the team to the final", "leads the team through the top 16", etc.............

You try to make it sound like a guy standing at the 3 point line on offense "lead his team" to whatever.

Euroleague
02-15-2013, 04:41 PM

Sorry, but no he was not.

As for Weems, he is limited on offense, period. Without Teodosic, he would not score more than 10 a game on that team. He's nowhere near to being one of the better scorers in Euroleague.

I would describe Weems as a poor man's Linas Kleiza (prior to the micro fracture surgery). Weems is a good player, maybe even a very good one, but he's clearly not as good as you say he is - not even close to that.

You have this bizarre fascination with overrating a select few of Euroleague players like Rubio, Jennings, Lawson, Dragic, Childress, Bobby Brown, Weems......it's really odd.

Euroleague
02-15-2013, 04:46 PM

Stats, stats, stats, stats. You are a stats whore that can't properly judge basketball.

gabepizza
02-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Sorry, but no he was not.

As for Weems, he is limited on offense, period. Without Teodosic, he would not score more than 10 a game on that team. He's nowhere near to being one of the better scorers in Euroleague.

I would describe Weems as a poor man's Linas Kleiza (prior to the micro fracture surgery). Weems is a good player, maybe even a very good one, but he's clearly not as good as you say he is - not even close to that.

You have this bizarre fascination with overrating a select few of Euroleague players like Rubio, Jennings, Lawson, Dragic, Childress, Bobby Brown, Weems......it's really odd.

Well according to actual Euroleague, not some poster who uses the name Euroleague, Kirilenko was the most valuable player and the defensive player of the year in Euroleague. So coming from the actual league of Euroleague...yes he was.

Fiba basketball
02-15-2013, 05:09 PM
He is tied for 3rd on the team in assists for the top 16 and had some very nice assists yesterday (4) so don't go off saying he can't assist.

For every assit he has a turnover , he averages 2 apg and 2 tpg so no he can't assist .

gabepizza
02-15-2013, 05:14 PM
For every assit he has a turnover , he averages 2 apg and 2 tpg so no he can't assist .

So we're taking turnovers into account when judging assists then? Well Teodosic averages 5 apg and over 3 tpg so he really isn't that great at assists either than.

Fiba basketball
02-15-2013, 05:24 PM
So we're taking turnovers into account when judging assists then? Well Teodosic averages 5 apg and over 3 tpg so he really isn't that great at assists either than.

Thats why you need to watch games to see how good someone is and not to watch the stats .

If you counted the assits in Europe the sam way you do in NBA Teodosic would have around 10 assists but Weems would still have 2 or maybe 3 because only time Weems passes is when he can get an assists in othere words when his teammate is wide open .

And Teodosic doesn't have over 3 tpg he averages 2.9 I think

Euroleague
02-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Well according to actual Euroleague, not some poster who uses the name Euroleague, Kirilenko was the most valuable player and the defensive player of the year in Euroleague. So coming from the actual league of Euroleague...yes he was.

No he was not. Using your logic Karl Malone and Charles Barkley were better than Michael Jordan just because they won NBA MVP and Jordan didn't. Again, you show what an idiot you are.

You suffer from what is known as black and white thinking disease.

Euroleague
02-15-2013, 05:47 PM

John Wooden said that the best player in the league is always the guy that is first in turnovers. He said it was an absolute fact of basketball actually.

gabepizza
02-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Thats why you need to watch games to see how good someone is and not to watch the stats .

If you counted the assits in Europe the sam way you do in NBA Teodosic would have around 10 assists but Weems would still have 2 or maybe 3 because only time Weems passes is when he can get an assists in othere words when his teammate is wide open .

And Teodosic doesn't have over 3 tpg he averages 2.9 I think

:25 nice pass by Weems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzPnz0uOlgI

Also how about the block by Farmar?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTZuEiV1Eks

Reminds Llull that he is not being guarded by some unathletic Euroleague guard like Spanoulis but by "Michael" Jordan Farmar!

Fiba basketball
02-15-2013, 06:18 PM
John Wooden said that the best player in the league is always the guy that is first in turnovers. He said it was an absolute fact of basketball actually.

Thats stupid .

Using that logic Planinic is best player in Europe .

And you only said that because Spanoulis is one of the players with most tos in EL history .

Fiba basketball
02-15-2013, 06:24 PM

Reminds Llull that he is not being guarded by some unathletic Euroleague guard like Spanoulis but by "Michael" Jordan Farmar!

:lol That isn't Llull . You don't even know names of players .

It was a nice pass from Weems but thats the only kind of pass I saw him do this season and he does it only 2 times in a game .

Euroleague
02-16-2013, 10:24 AM
:lol That isn't Llull . You don't even know names of players .

It was a nice pass from Weems but thats the only kind of pass I saw him do this season and he does it only 2 times in a game .

I said it over and over. He is a TROLL and he's never even seen any Euroleague game. He has no idea who any of these players even are.

I hope you finally accept it now.

He is here for ONE REASON ONLY, and that is to hate on European basketball.

Euroleague
02-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Thats stupid .

Using that logic Planinic is best player in Europe .

And you only said that because Spanoulis is one of the players with most tos in EL history .

It's not stupid and that's not why I said it. Wooden gave a very detailed analysis of just why he believed that and why it was true.

You might want to check the all time leaders in NBA and Euroleague, or just look at the leaders from season to season. Clearly, the very best players are usually at the top in turnovers.

Euroleague
02-16-2013, 10:29 AM

You really are retarded. First, that's not Llull. It's Sergio Rodriguez, which proves TWO LIES from you. First, you claim to watch these Euroleague games and know the players. Lie proven.

Second, you claim to be a Knicks fan. Lie proven. Sergio Rodriguez played with the Knicks and yet you don't even know who he is. You are NOT a Knicks fan.

Finally, your statement is so ridiculous, considering that Sergio Llull is a hell of a lot more athletic than Jordan Farmar is.

So, you are proven to not even be a Knicks fan, like you claimed. No surprise, as you have been wrong on things about Jeff Van Gundy, Mirsad Turkan, Fred Weiss, Fabricio Oberto, Marcus Camby, all things related to the Knicks and you knew nothing about it.

gabepizza
02-16-2013, 10:51 AM
You really are retarded. First, that's not Llull. It's Sergio Rodriguez, which proves TWO LIES from you. First, you claim to watch these Euroleague games and know the players. Lie proven.

Second, you claim to be a Knicks fan. Lie proven. Sergio Rodriguez played with the Knicks and yet you don't even know who he is. You are NOT a Knicks fan.

Finally, your statement is so ridiculous, considering that Sergio Llull is a hell of a lot more athletic than Jordan Farmar is.

So, you are proven to not even be a Knicks fan, like you claimed. No surprise, as you have been wrong on things about Jeff Van Gundy, Mirsad Turkan, Fred Weiss, Fabricio Oberto, Marcus Camby, all things related to the Knicks and you knew nothing about it.

I'm saying there is a reason why Llull is scared of coming to the NBA. If a back-up NBA pg like Farmer can stuff his 3 point attempt like that, imagine if he came to the NBA and played against NBA level starting pgs? He would struggle just to get his shot off.

Fiba basketball
02-16-2013, 11:56 AM
It's not stupid and that's not why I said it. Wooden gave a very detailed analysis of just why he believed that and why it was true.

You might want to check the all time leaders in NBA and Euroleague, or just look at the leaders from season to season. Clearly, the very best players are usually at the top in turnovers.

Best players have ball in there hands more then othere players so it's normal for them to have more turnovers but you can't have too many turnovers .

Also if your apg and tpg are the same than you aren't that good .

Fiba basketball
02-16-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm saying there is a reason why Llull is scared of coming to the NBA. If a back-up NBA pg like Farmer can stuff his 3 point attempt like that, imagine if he came to the NBA and played against NBA level starting pgs? He would struggle just to get his shot off.

What don't you understand when we tell you that Farmar blocked Rodriguez not Llull ?

Euroleague
02-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Best players have ball in there hands more then othere players so it's normal for them to have more turnovers but you can't have too many turnovers .

Also if your apg and tpg are the same than you aren't that good .

I know and I agree totally. My point was not related to that. What I meant is a player like Teodosic will have a lot of turnovers because he has to do so much for his team on offense.

It's normal. The best players are usually going to be turnover prone, because they are asked to do more with the ball. Like you mention Spanoulis, well being double teamed a lot causes turnovers also. That's a similar case to Big Sofo.

Big Sofo is a huge turnover guy, but it's because he gets double teamed basically as soon as he touches the ball. So again, it's normal.

But yes, it's a different case for a player like Weems if he is not asked to do much more than shoot open jumpers or run and dunk. Especially if he is getting a lot of open shots and not being trapped and doubled, and has another player create a lot for him.

That was just my point. Steve Nash always has huge turnover numbers......of course, because you are asking him to run so much of the offense. That's just what I meant.

It's not a coincidence that most turnover leaders in Euroleague are Saras, Diamantidis, Spanoulis, Papaloukas, Lakovic, Navarro...Guys that were being asked to carry huge offensive loads in their teams over the years.

Euroleague
02-16-2013, 01:32 PM

:facepalm

And once again, Llull is way more athletic than Farmar is. Llull isn't the best play maker around, and not very good basketball IQ, but one thing is for damn sure - he is an absolute freak athlete. Jordan Farmar is certainly very athletic, but he's not anywhere on Llull's level. Llull is a total beat of an athlete.

He would have zero worry about "being scared" of anyone in the NBA due to athletic issues. The guy is a tremendous athlete.

And once again, Jordan Farmar didn't block Llull. He blocked Sergio Rodriguez. It's fascinating that you can't figure this out, considering you claim to be a New York Knicks fan, and that this same player, Sergio Rodriguez, played for the New York Knicks.

One more thing genius. You claim to be a big NBA fan.....yet you don't even know that his name is spelled Farmar, not "Farmer". The guy was in the rotation of 2 NBA championship teams. A "big NBA fan" would know how to spell the name of a quite well known NBA player like Farmar.

Besides, Farmar was a 6th man in the NBA. So you are even trying to distort that, by just calling him a "backup", implying he was some bench scrub that never played more than 8-12 minutes a game.

gabepizza
02-16-2013, 05:38 PM

And once again, Llull is way more athletic than Farmar is. Llull isn't the best play maker around, and not very good basketball IQ, but one thing is for damn sure - he is an absolute freak athlete. Jordan Farmar is certainly very athletic, but he's not anywhere on Llull's level. Llull is a total beat of an athlete.

He would have zero worry about "being scared" of anyone in the NBA due to athletic issues. The guy is a tremendous athlete.

And once again, Jordan Farmar didn't block Llull. He blocked Sergio Rodriguez. It's fascinating that you can't figure this out, considering you claim to be a New York Knicks fan, and that this same player, Sergio Rodriguez, played for the New York Knicks.

One more thing genius. You claim to be a big NBA fan.....yet you don't even know that his name is spelled Farmar, not "Farmer". The guy was in the rotation of 2 NBA championship teams. A "big NBA fan" would know how to spell the name of a quite well known NBA player like Farmar.

Besides, Farmar was a 6th man in the NBA. So you are even trying to distort that, by just calling him a "backup", implying he was some bench scrub that never played more than 8-12 minutes a game.

If you look at Farmar's stats, you will see for Championship Laker's teams he was on in 08-09 and 09-10 he averaged 13 mpg in their playoff run so far from being their sixth man.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jordan_farmar/career_stats.html

Here are the stats from the Laker's championship team in 2010 which was basically the same as in 2009.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2010.html#all_playoffs_per_game

As you see during their playoff run he was their 8th man, not a 6th (first off the bench) man.

Fiba basketball
02-16-2013, 05:51 PM
I know and I agree totally. My point was not related to that. What I meant is a player like Teodosic will have a lot of turnovers because he has to do so much for his team on offense.

It's normal. The best players are usually going to be turnover prone, because they are asked to do more with the ball. Like you mention Spanoulis, well being double teamed a lot causes turnovers also. That's a similar case to Big Sofo.

Big Sofo is a huge turnover guy, but it's because he gets double teamed basically as soon as he touches the ball. So again, it's normal.

But yes, it's a different case for a player like Weems if he is not asked to do much more than shoot open jumpers or run and dunk. Especially if he is getting a lot of open shots and not being trapped and doubled, and has another player create a lot for him.

That was just my point. Steve Nash always has huge turnover numbers......of course, because you are asking him to run so much of the offense. That's just what I meant.

It's not a coincidence that most turnover leaders in Euroleague are Saras, Diamantidis, Spanoulis, Papaloukas, Lakovic, Navarro...Guys that were being asked to carry huge offensive loads in their teams over the years.

I agree but to me even if player runs the offenseive load in his team there is still acceptable amount of turnovers that he can have and to me it's 4 . Ofcourse they shouldn't average 4 turnovers per game but it wouldn't be that bad if they have average around 3.5 .

Also you can't comepere Sofo with Diamantidis , Spanoulis , Navarro , Teodosic , Saras and such because he doesn't have the ball in his hands as much and doesn't create for otheres , he should just pass when he is doubled and this goes for every C .

Fiba basketball
02-16-2013, 06:13 PM
If you look at Farmar's stats, you will see for Championship Laker's teams he was on in 08-09 and 09-10 he averaged 13 mpg in their playoff run so far from being their sixth man.

Here are the stats from the Laker's championship team in 2010 which was basically the same as in 2009.

As you see during their playoff run he was their 8th man, not a 6th (first off the bench) man.

Dude you proved you don't know anything about European basketball so I don't get why do you continue to post about it ( I know this post isn't about it ) . You don't even know who is Rodriguez and who is Llull and they are part of the Spain NT and play for one of the biggest teams in Europe .

You thinks you can watch highlights and look at stats and disscus it but you are just going to look silly when you are talking to people that know something about it . I know you are pretending to follow Euroleague because you are trying to prove how NBA is much better than Euroleague and how NBA scrubs could dominate in it but you better start to watching some games because even if in the future you say some things that are true when people see you don't know basic stuff they are going to make fun of you and won't listen to a word you say . I'm talking about when you disscus basketball in real life or on some othere forums because half of posters on this forum are trolls who know even less than you do and will agree with you just to troll Euroleague ( the poster ) .

gabepizza
02-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Dude you proved you don't know anything about European basketball so I don't get why do you continue to post about it ( I know this post isn't about it ) . You don't even know who is Rodriguez and who is Llull and they are part of the Spain NT and play for one of the biggest teams in Europe .

You thinks you can watch highlights and look at stats and disscus it but you are just going to look silly when you are talking to people that know something about it . I know you are pretending to follow Euroleague because you are trying to prove how NBA is much better than Euroleague and how NBA scrubs could dominate in it but you better start to watching some games because even if in the future you say some things that are true when people see you don't know basic stuff they are going to make fun of you and won't listen to a word you say . I'm talking about when you disscus basketball in real life or on some othere forums because half of posters on this forum are trolls who know even less than you do and will agree with you just to troll Euroleague ( the poster ) .

Give me a break. I confuse Rodriguez and Llull so I don't know anything about European basketball? I didn't recognize Rondriguez with his beard, that's all. I am learning more about European basketball but I don't have to be an expert and recognize every single player to have an opinion. I wonder how many players you would recognize? Without their names on their jersery I bet you wouldn't know more than 5 players from last night's rising star challenge.

Fiba basketball
02-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Give me a break. I confuse Rodriguez and Llull so I don't know anything about European basketball? I didn't recognize Rondriguez with his beard, that's all. I am learning more about European basketball but I don't have to be an expert and recognize every single player to have an opinion. I wonder how many players you would recognize? Without their names on their jersery I bet you wouldn't know more than 5 players from last night's rising star challenge.

Rodriguez had a beard from start of the season so you just admited that you didn't watch any of Reals games .

You didn't know difference between assists in Europe and in NBA and that is basic stuff , you also confused one player wit another more than once and we are talking about players on big clubs that play 15-20 minutes per game so no you don't know much about basketball in Europe .

I would recognize around 6 or 7 players from rising star challenge I know it's not much but that is why you don't see me posting stuff about that game and players in it .

Euroleague
02-17-2013, 03:54 PM

He was a 6th man on the Nets.

Euroleague
02-17-2013, 03:58 PM

If you watched the game you would know that was Rodriguez, not Llull. It's the same thing over and over with you. Talking endless crap here without even watching any of the games.

I hate to break it to you, but we also do watch NBA games, so yes, we know most of the NBA players, at least well-known ones. Llull and Rodriguez are well-known players in Europe. Hell, Rodriguez is pretty well known among NBA fans. He was a rotation player in the NBA for something like 4 years. So it's funny you can't even recognize him, especially when like I said you claim to know NBA and that this same guy played on the team you claim to support.

gabepizza
02-17-2013, 04:36 PM
He was a 6th man on the Nets.

Nope. Farmar has never been a 6th man in the NBA. Even they year he averaged the most minutes per game in the NBA (24.6 in 2010-2011 on the Nets who were 24-58) he was a 7th man.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NJN/2011.html

Euroleague
02-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Nope. Farmar has never been a 6th man in the NBA. Even they year he averaged the most minutes per game in the NBA (24.6 in 2010-2011 on the Nets who were 24-58) he was a 7th man.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NJN/2011.html

You are a ****ing idiot. He was the Nets 6th man last year you ****ing IDIOT.

I'm done trying to be reasonable with you. You are such a huge ****ing asshole.

I've never seen anyone that can lie like you.

gabepizza
02-18-2013, 02:41 AM
You are a ****ing idiot. He was the Nets 6th man last year you ****ing IDIOT.

I'm done trying to be reasonable with you. You are such a huge ****ing asshole.

I've never seen anyone that can lie like you.

Wrong again. Last year he was the Nets 7th or 8th man.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NJN/2012.html

You are the liar claiming Farmar has been an NBA 6th man when he never has been a 6th man on any NBA team. An NBA 6th man implies the 1st man off the bench and many times 6th men are among the top 5 on the team in mpg and sometimes are even left on the court during crunch time.

Do you really believe Jordan Farmar, a back-up point guard, would be the 6th man on a Nets' team with Deron Williams. So Williams was be the first player subbed for during games? Jordan Farmar averaged 21.3 mpg last year on the Nets. Real "NBA 6th men" are like JR Smith on the Knicks who averages 33.4 mpg.

So while not a "scrub" Farmar has never been an NBA 6th man. He was exactly what I called him, an NBA back-up.

Euroleague
02-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Wrong again. Last year he was the Nets 7th or 8th man.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NJN/2012.html

You are the liar claiming Farmar has been an NBA 6th man when he never has been a 6th man on any NBA team. An NBA 6th man implies the 1st man off the bench and many times 6th men are among the top 5 on the team in mpg and sometimes are even left on the court during crunch time.

Do you really believe Jordan Farmar, a back-up point guard, would be the 6th man on a Nets' team with Deron Williams. So Williams was be the first player subbed for during games? Jordan Farmar averaged 21.3 mpg last year on the Nets. Real "NBA 6th men" are like JR Smith on the Knicks who averages 33.4 mpg.

So while not a "scrub" Farmar has never been an NBA 6th man. He was exactly what I called him, an NBA back-up.

This guy's lies are ****ing ridiculous. Where the **** does it say that Farmar wasn't the Nets 6th man on that ****ing stupid link you posted?

NO WHERE you ****ING IDIOT

JORDAN FARMAR WAS THE NETS 6TH MAN LAST YEAR

You are a pathological LIAR.

And if you actually were an NBA fan and actually did watch Euroleague games like you claim, you would know Farmar plays half his minutes at SHOOTING guard. He's a combo guard, not a point guard you moron. He's never been a guy that played only at point guard on any team he ever played on.

So bringing up Deron Williams is just more of your endless bullshit.

Unbelievable. Posting some links to minutes per game, even including guys that played 1/3 of the season. You are a seriously messed up individual.

gabepizza
02-18-2013, 04:36 PM
This guy's lies are ****ing ridiculous. Where the **** does it say that Farmar wasn't the Nets 6th man on that ****ing stupid link you posted?

NO WHERE you ****ING IDIOT

JORDAN FARMAR WAS THE NETS 6TH MAN LAST YEAR

You are a pathological LIAR.

And if you actually were an NBA fan and actually did watch Euroleague games like you claim, you would know Farmar plays half his minutes at SHOOTING guard. He's a combo guard, not a point guard you moron. He's never been a guy that played only at point guard on any team he ever played on.

So bringing up Deron Williams is just more of your endless bullshit.

Unbelievable. Posting some links to minutes per game, even including guys that played 1/3 of the season. You are a seriously messed up individual.

No the links show that Deron Williams, Kris Humphries, Marshon Brooks, Anthony Morrow, Gerald Green, and Sheldon Williams all played more minutes per game than Farmer. No NBA 6th man is going to be 7th in mpg on a team. And that is not even mentioning Gerald Wallace and Mehmet Okur who both also played more mpg than Farmar and if you add up both of their games with the Nets together would almost be an many games as Farmar played. So last year Farmar was really the 7th or 8th man of the Nets.

Euroleague
02-19-2013, 12:50 PM
No the links show that Deron Williams, Kris Humphries, Marshon Brooks, Anthony Morrow, Gerald Green, and Sheldon Williams all played more minutes per game than Farmer. No NBA 6th man is going to be 7th in mpg on a team. And that is not even mentioning Gerald Wallace and Mehmet Okur who both also played more mpg than Farmar and if you add up both of their games with the Nets together would almost be an many games as Farmar played. So last year Farmar was really the 7th or 8th man of the Nets.

You don't even know what a freaking 6th man is..............

ProfessorMurder
02-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Did Weems choose to stay overseas so he wouldn't have to come back to the Raptors? Will he come back when he's a free agent (is he now), or just stay out there?