PDA

View Full Version : Everyone has lost their mind on Lebron...

niko
02-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Lebron is BY FAR the best player in the NBA. But let's be real here...he hasn't done enough to unseat MJ. HE STILL HAS HALF HIS CAREER TO GO. Can we wait and watch him do it? He's won ONE title. ONE. Not five.

Because he's beasting and because ESPN has decided this is LEBRON IS BETTER THAN MJ Week (i'm a bit ashamed at some of you jumping on the ESPN bandwagon, that's lame X 100) the season will not be cancelled, and the title will not be handed over on February.

Perspective people. Yes, i also fully expect Lebron to be standing there come June. But i've seen bigger favorites flame out. Chill for a bit. Enjoy the ride, stop trying to say it's over.

KyrieTheFuture
02-15-2013, 10:34 AM
I have seen 0 people suggest he is better than Jordan. He's on his level currently is all I've heard.

Sarcastic
02-15-2013, 10:34 AM
I try to stay away from bspn as much as I can lately. I use si.com much more often. It's not the constant Lebron jizzfest that bspn has become.

BrickingStar
02-15-2013, 10:36 AM
I have seen 0 people suggest he is better than Jordan. He's on his level currently is all I've heard.
This. When people say he's currently playing at the level of MJ doesn't mean he's better than MJ, everyone knows MJ is better easily career wise.

Nash
02-15-2013, 10:36 AM
People are admiring his current talent, rings and stuff like that doesn't take away from the fact that Lebron is playing the way he is right now.

I don't understand why people need to bring in the ring argument when discussing players. We're talking about their talent and their game, not their achievements as a team. Obviously Lebron is no way better than Jordan career wise but he's playing on that same level right now. Duncan has more rings and better achievements but he's not a better player than Lebron.

Rysio
02-15-2013, 10:38 AM
putting empty stats on most stacked team of all time. lebrick really knows how to fool all of you stat geeks into thinking he's the best ever when in reality he's not even the best today. :applause:

niko
02-15-2013, 10:38 AM
People are admiring his current talent, rings and stuff like that doesn't take away from the fact that Lebron is playing the way he is right now.

I don't understand why people need to bring in the ring argument when discussing players. We're talking about their talent and their game, not their achievements as a team. Obviously Lebron is no way better than Jordan career wise but he's playing on that same level right now. Duncan has more rings and better achievements but he's not a better player than Lebron.
Because Jordan is Jordan because of his impact and his play OVER TIME. Not for a moment in time. Legends are made over time, not in a second.

And this thought that no one is comparing MJ to Lebron is stupid, we have several threads on the board's first page. Are you kidding?

I'm not even saying he can't get to that level, i'm saying i don't get the need to say it's over. The season is over, Lebron won the title. He is the best ever, like his career is done. ITS NOT DONE.

Let the man work and admire it as he goes.

BrickingStar
02-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Because Jordan is Jordan because of his impact and his play OVER TIME. Not for a moment in time. Legends are made over time, not in a second.

And this thought that no one is comparing MJ to Lebron is stupid, we have several threads on the board's first page. Are you kidding?

I'm not even saying he can't get to that level, i'm saying i don't get the need to say it's over. The season is over, Lebron won the title. He is the best ever, like his career is done. ITS NOT DONE.

He certainly running away with the MVP and they are certainly favorites to win it all.

Bandito
02-15-2013, 10:43 AM

rings?:D

I see what you are saying and I feel the same way. I don't see him as good career wise than Kobe, Magic or Bird. He still has ways to go but he needs time. He still young and has a good 6 years (approximately could be longer or shorter depending how he develops injuries etc...) to get it.

Nash
02-15-2013, 10:44 AM

I agree with you. But I see no problem in people admiring his talent, the level he's playing at right now and how dominant he is.

BrickingStar
02-15-2013, 10:46 AM

Also I only see one thread you're referring to and it's "LeBron is on MJ Level agree?" which doesn't mean he's better than mj, or come close career wise.

andremiller07
02-15-2013, 10:52 AM
We will never know they didn't play at the same time nor against each other, Jordan in most minds will be thought of as better (rightfully so) but I don't get why they compare two people from two different generations.

Its all about who is the best now and in the future, the past is the past and thats that.Comparing one generation to another is just dumb to many variables.

It's like in boxing everyone says Ali is the best HW ever, well did he fight Tyson or Lennox Lewis and every single great HW thats ever lived? No so its all hypothetical bs

Bandito
02-15-2013, 10:52 AM
I agree with you. But I see no problem in people admiring his talent, the level he's playing at right now and how dominant he is.
That's not the problem here. Is that people in ESPN and here are saying he's on a level above Jordan when he hasn't prove he is. He has to prove himself in the playoffs yet again to be considered to be on his tier. Magic, Bird and heck even Kobe has proven that. I am pretty sure by the end of this season if he wins it all or depending how he loses in the finals (I won't consider playoffs because I don't anyone from the east beating them) he probably would be on the same tier as Kobe, Magic or Bird.

Mr. Incredible
02-15-2013, 10:55 AM
A lot of mad men in this thread :lol

Kurosawa0
02-15-2013, 11:47 AM
There's a difference between saying LeBron is better all-time and saying he's playing on the level of MJ right now. For example, I rank Kobe higher all-time, but right now LeBron is better than Kobe has ever been.

IGOTGAME
02-15-2013, 12:11 PM
There's a difference between saying LeBron is better all-time and saying he's playing on the level of MJ right now. For example, I rank Kobe higher all-time, but right now LeBron is better than Kobe has ever been.

there have been multiple guys who have played on that level for parts of a season. What matters is how you sustain it and whether you can raise that level when needed in the playoffs.

Greatness is not found in regular season games...especially when you aren't even leading you team to a dominant record with 2 other HOFers.

BrickingStar
02-15-2013, 12:11 PM
there have been multiple guys who have played on that level for parts of a season. What matters is how you sustain it and whether you can raise that level when needed in the playoffs.
he did it last year and let's not act like lebron hasn't been the best for years.

IGOTGAME
02-15-2013, 12:13 PM
he did it last year and let's not act like lebron hasn't been the best for years.

1 outta how many years? what about the year before?

chazzy
02-15-2013, 12:18 PM
The only thing that should be definitively argued is whether or not these 50 regular season games are on MJs level. Let's not rewrite his entire career to act like he's always been playing this well, he's had too many playoff blunders to just casually put him on MJs level as player overall after a great title run and 50 regular season games.

oh the horror
02-15-2013, 12:23 PM
OP keep in mind a lot of people on this board are very early 20s and teens. There is no "perspective" yet for them.

BrickingStar
02-15-2013, 12:28 PM
unless you blame lebron for his flaws before 2011 how has he not raised his level before he joined the heat? Guess we should blame kobe for his failures for 2004(lol)-2009, 2011,2012, and now 2013

IGOTGAME
02-15-2013, 12:32 PM
unless you blame lebron for his flaws before 2011 how has he not raised his level before he joined the heat? Guess we should blame kobe for his failures for 2004(lol)-2009, 2011,2012, and now 2013

yea, you blame Kobe for all his failures...same thing you do with Lebron. You don't just get by on the good things. ih, and Lebron failed in 2011, not just before. That finals was pathetic and we should stop Jordan comparisons for now just because of that.

scm5
02-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Honestly, coming from a die-hard Laker/Kobe fan, Lebron is playing at a level only previously done by MJ.

It's not just the streak, which is very impressive, it's the entire season of consistency. I swear, I can't remember the last time Lebron had what would be considered a "bad game".

MJ still trumps Lebron in my book until he has the kind of playoff success/performances that MJ had. He has absolutely no excuse not to win titles with a roster like he has right now.

****ing amazing.

IGOTGAME
02-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Honestly, coming from a die-hard Laker/Kobe fan, Lebron is playing at a level only previously done by MJ.

It's not just the streak, which is very impressive, it's the entire season of consistency. I swear, I can't remember the last time Lebron had what would be considered a "bad game".

MJ still trumps Lebron in my book until he has the kind of playoff success/performances that MJ had. He has absolutely no excuse not to win titles with a roster like he has right now.

****ing amazing.
guess you never watched Shaq...

LBJ 23
02-15-2013, 12:41 PM
What matters is how you sustain it and whether you can raise that level when needed in the playoffs.

He was pretty dominant in the 2011 playoffs aswell, except Finals. Do you remember how dominant and clutch he was against Boston and Chicago? Hitting those 3's in Boston's bench face late in games, hitting clutch shots against Chicago, shutting down Rose...

He laid an egg in the Finals indeed, but would Miami even be there if not for his dominant play in previous rounds? So you can't just say that he sucked or that he didn't sustain or raise his level of play in 2011 playoffs as a whole.

IGOTGAME
02-15-2013, 12:42 PM
He was pretty dominant in the 2011 playoffs aswell, except Finals. Do you remember how dominant and clutch he was against Boston and Chicago? Hitting those 3's in Boston's bench face late in games, hitting clutch shots against Chicago, shutting down Rose...

He laid an egg in the Finals indeed, but would Miami even be there if not for his dominant play in previous rounds? So you can't just say that he sucked or that he didn't sustain or raise his level of play in 2011 playoffs as a whole.

when comparing it to MJ, he sucked in 2011 playoffs...

scm5
02-15-2013, 12:43 PM
guess you never watched Shaq...

Right, my bad... I guess I was thinking only of perimeter players.

Shaq didn't get the name MDE for nothing. In his prime, he was just as consistent and dominant as Lebron has been.

LBJ 23
02-15-2013, 12:44 PM
when comparing it to MJ, he sucked in 2011 playoffs...

Who is comparing him to MJ though? Kurosawo said he is playing right now on the level of Jordan, not for 2011 playoffs.

IGOTGAME
02-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Who is comparing him to MJ though? Kurosawo said he is playing right now on the level of Jordan, not for 2011 playoffs.

there have been lots of players who have had stretches of domination in the regular season. guess it really doesn't mean much to me.

Hank
02-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Greatness is not found in regular season games...especially when you aren't even leading you team to a dominant record with 2 other HOFers.

What's Kobe's team record this year playing with multiple hall of famers ?? :lol

Hank
02-15-2013, 12:54 PM
there have been lots of players who have had stretches of domination in the regular season. guess it really doesn't mean much to me.

lol *jealous laker fan alert*

scm5
02-15-2013, 12:56 PM
lol *jealous laker fan alert*

No, there have been a lot of players with dominant stretches like this. If you read my above posts, I would say Kobe's dominant stretches are better.

It's Lebron's whole season of dominance and consistency that impresses me more.

BrickingStar
02-15-2013, 01:02 PM
yea, you blame Kobe for all his failures...same thing you do with Lebron. You don't just get by on the good things. ih, and Lebron failed in 2011, not just before. That finals was pathetic and we should stop Jordan comparisons for now just because of that.
same with kobe only he had shaq and it was in 2004. So basically russel over MJ for more success THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER and charles barkley entire career is a failure because every season for a INDIVIDUAL player is a failure at a team game because he himself didn't win it all. God your retarded go to some laker forum.

Indian guy
02-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Statistically, the only peer LeBron has left is MJ. Who the **** do you want the media to compare him to? And stop acting like they're doing it based on this season alone. LeBron has multiple all-time level seasons under his belt, in BOTH regular season and playoffs. And now that he has a ring on top of it, he has more than earned a legit comparison with the GOAT.

This is why Kobe fans will always be cu nts. Nobody's been quicker than them to compare a certain player to MJ. They live for it. But now they're playing the "it's too quick for LeBron" card :oldlol:. Shut up.

chazzy
02-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Statistically, the only peer LeBron has left is MJ. Who the **** do you want the media to compare him to? And stop acting like they're doing this based on this season only. LeBron has multiple all-time level seasons under his belt, in BOTH regular season and playoffs. And now that he has a ring on top of it, he has more than earned a legit comparison with the GOAT.

This is why Kobe fans will always be cu nts. Nobody's been quicker than them to compare a certain player to MJ. They live for it.But now they're playing the "it's too quick for LeBron" card :oldlol:. Shut up.
No you

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Statistically, the only peer LeBron has left is MJ. Who the **** do you want the media to compare him to? And stop acting like they're doing it based on this season alone. LeBron has multiple all-time level seasons under his belt, in BOTH regular season and playoffs. And now that he has a ring on top of it, he has more than earned a legit comparison with the GOAT.

This is why Kobe fans will always be cu nts. Nobody's been quicker than them to compare a certain player to MJ. They live for it. But now they're playing the "it's too quick for LeBron" card :oldlol:. Shut up.

Sure, "MJ fan" :oldlol:

BlueandGold
02-15-2013, 01:15 PM
BSPN and all those f4gs at bristol jump on bandwagons super early, especially if they involve the east coast and Lebron's *****. Bunch of trashy boston f4gs is what they are

scm5
02-15-2013, 01:34 PM

There's more to the game than just stats. Mentally, Lebron has broken down in the past which put him out of the discussion. He's definitely in it now.

When I compare Kobe to MJ, it's not the stats I'm really talking about, MJ has always been a better player across the board. Kobe is just as strong mentally as Jordan, and to me, he's like the Rocky Balboa of the NBA. Kind of an underdog when it comes to the all time greats...

Think about it, when you look at the best players the game has seen:

MJ - Until Lebron came along, probably the most athletic perimeter player ever.

Wilt - From past stories, most likely the most athletic big man ever with incredible physical attributes.

Shaq - 300+ lbs and could move like a SF at times in his prime.

Magic - a 6'9 point guard

Aside from those guys, most of the rest of the Top 10 are generally bigs.

Tim Duncan isn't an incredible physical specimen, but he's long and tall.

Hakeem was also a 7 footer that could move like a SF.

Russell, I can't say too much as I've never seen him play, but they say his wingspan was incredible.

Bird is probably the most like Kobe in regards to his athleticism compared to the rest of the Top 10. He's definitely the least athletic of them all, and I really respect what he was able to do. It's almost as if Luke Walton was able to put up 29/11/7. It makes you wonder "HOW?!".

chazzy
02-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Hahaha he called Kobe fans cu nts for not saying Lebron has been at MJs level for a while now! So furious :oldlol: especially rich coming from someone who was calling Durant the better player not too long ago and Rose prior to that

tikay0
02-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Wake me up when Lebron has faced a defense like the Bad Boy Pistons/90's Knicks/96' Sonics/Utah Jazz, list goes on and on. MJ posted a majority of his 40-50 pt games against top 10 defenses!!! Lebron scores a majority of his 40-50 pt games against scrub ass teams that couldn't hold any of those team's jock straps.

MJ got consistently triple teamed on a nightly basis. He didn't have a Wade and Bosh to take all the pressure off of him on the offensive side of the ball.

Not to mention he played world class defense, to go with his offense.

Also, when MJ had to play the point one year, he damn near averaged a triple double, and went on a stretch of 10 triple doubles out of 11 games! I bet any money, if he played PG his whole career, he'd eventually get a triple double season. One in which Lebron stans cream their pants over.

Lebron can't play off the ball like MJ. He NEEDS the ball in his hand. Jordan let Pippen take over as the point forward for the betterment of the team, and to bring out Pippen's maximum potential. I guarantee you, if MJ had played the point his whole career, he'd go down as the greatest PG of all time, and have much better all around number than Lebron.

MJ's DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR STATS: 32.5 pts. 8 rebs. 8 assists 3 stls. 1 blk. On 54% shooting.

I don't even want to embarrass Lebron with Jordan's playoff stats. That's TOO easy to do.

NOW RUN AND TELL THAT, HOME BOY!!!

Indian guy
02-15-2013, 01:54 PM
There's more to the game than just stats.

Who said they were? LeBron's stats merely reaffirm what we're seeing on the court. Thus, it's the most objective tool one can use to make a fair comparison. The eye-test on the other hand is fallible to biases. Stats aren't. It's not like LeBron's numbers haven't led to incredible success over the years. Nobody has won more games than him over the last 5 years(09-13) - the span most consider him to be the game's best player(I'm not that big on '11 and '12 though, unlike others). The span in which LeBron's also produced 4 Top 10 PER seasons out of 5.

Mentally, Lebron has broken down in the past which put him out of the discussion.

Every player has a black spot in their career. LeBron's '11 finals was certainly horrible, but shouldn't define him. Especially considering what has happened since. As far as the whole mental toughness thing is concerned, you've been watching too much First Take. History is firmly on LeBron's side. He arguably did more with less than anybody in NBA history as a Cavalier. And of the 2 championship-worthy teams he has played on in his career, 1 of them won a championship. Mentally soft? Not buying it.

btw, :oldlol: @ Kobe being an underdog :oldlol:. Yeah, one of the 5 most athletic SGs ever, who has played his entire career on the most successful franchise in NBA history, on one loaded team after another being an "underdog". Good lord....

Kingwillball
02-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Wake me up when Lebron has faced a defense like the Bad Boy Pistons/90's Knicks/96' Sonics/Utah Jazz, list goes on and on. MJ posted a majority of his 40-50 pt games against top 10 defenses!!! Lebron scores a majority of his 40-50 pt games against scrub ass teams that couldn't hold any of those team's jock straps.

MJ got consistently triple teamed on a nightly basis. He didn't have a Wade and Bosh to take all the pressure off of him on the offensive side of the ball.

Not to mention he played world class defense, to go with his offense.

Also, when MJ had to play the point one year, he damn near averaged a triple double, and went on a stretch of 10 triple doubles out of 11 games! I bet any money, if he played PG his whole career, he'd eventually get a triple double season. One in which Lebron stans cream their pants over.

Lebron can't play off the ball like MJ. He NEEDS the ball in his hand. Jordan let Pippen take over as the point forward for the betterment of the team, and to bring out Pippen's maximum potential. I guarantee you, if MJ had played the point his whole career, he'd go down as the greatest PG of all time, and have much better all around number than Lebron.

MJ's DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR STATS: 32.5 pts. 8 rebs. 8 assists 3 stls. 1 blk. On 54% shooting.

I don't even want to embarrass Lebron with Jordan's playoff stats. That's TOO easy to do.

NOW RUN AND TELL THAT, HOME BOY!!!

Woah...The Jordan Bulls Were Loaded With Talent when your Talking the BEst All Around PLayer other than Jordan in Pippen, Ho Grant (Great Mid Range Shooter Solid Defender) and Rodman(best Rebounder in League with Ridiculous Motor), Kukoc (one of Europes best Players), Paxton, Armstrong(knockdown Shooters), Harper(all around PG), Longley and Cartwight two Centers better than 95% of Centers in todays league Plus a Great Coach and System(triangle Offense). SO Stop acting LIke Jordan Carried Scrubs he played on the best TEAM in the League for Years just LIke Kobe did. Difference between Kobe and Jordan at least Jordan was Top dawg all the Time where Kobe wasn't even Top Dawg on his First 3 championship teams.

indiefan24
02-15-2013, 02:01 PM

flippity flop

tikay0
02-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Woah...The Jordan Bulls Were Loaded With Talent when your Talking the BEst All Around PLayer other than Jordan in Pippen, Ho Grant (Great Mid Range Shooter Solid Defender) and Rodman(best Rebounder in League with Ridiculous Motor), Kukoc (one of Europes best Players), Paxton, Armstrong(knockdown Shooters), Harper(all around PG), Longley and Cartwight two Centers better than 95% of Centers in todays league Plus a Great Coach and System(triangle Offense). SO Stop acting LIke Jordan Carried Scrubs he played on the best TEAM in the League for Years just LIke Kobe did. Difference between Kobe and Jordan at least Jordan was Top dawg all the Time where Kobe wasn't even Top Dawg on his First 3 championship teams.

LMFAO. Not only do you forget the 1st 3 peat Bulls, but you're trying to tell me Grant/Rodman were better players than Chris Bosh??? Why do Lebron stans only bring up the 95-98 Bulls???

Pippen/Wade are a tie in terms of overall impact, but Wade's offensive game, requires a lot more attention than Pippen.

Not to mention the multitude of shooters LBJ has now. LBJ's team offense >>>> MJ's. Hence, why he doesn't get consistently double or tripled like MJ.

Did you not watch last night's game. He gets covered 1 on 1, straight up. He hit a 3 in Perkin's face for God's sake.

NuggetsFan
02-15-2013, 02:20 PM
I agree.

Same time let's not pretend like Jordan didn't have the entire media pushing him at some point that was probably premature. LeBron is having an outburst and it's becoming more and more clearer than it already was that he's going to be a once in a generation type player, media is running with it.

It def is a little too much but sometimes you just gotta let people have some fun with it. It's not a crime to say somebody's because that Jordan and while I personally don't believe he ever comes that close to surpassing him I wish somebody somebody will.

niko
02-15-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm not saying this isn't a thought you should entertain or things people say. But it's almost like "we MUST declare Lebron the greatest now". We must declare him the 2013 NBA champion NOW. He hasn't won these things. He doesn't have the resume (yet) Jordan has. You need to actually accomplish the great things, not be on the way. One knee injury to him (or Wade) and maybe they don't win the title. Maybe OKC wakes the **** up and makes the moves they need to. Maybe Denver replaces one of their role players with a glue guy star player and shits on everyone. You don't know what happens.

LEBRON IS PLAYING AT A LEVEL I HAVE ALMOST NEVER SEEN A PLAYER PLAY AT. That's what i see. why that sentence needs to be followed with "AND THEREFORE HE WILL BE THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER AFTER HIS NEXT FEW TITLES" ruins the discussion for me.

scm5
02-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Every player has a black spot in their career. LeBron's '11 finals was certainly horrible, but shouldn't define him. Especially considering what has happened since. As far as the whole mental toughness thing is concerned, you've been watching too much First Take. History is firmly on LeBron's side. He arguably did more with less than anybody in NBA history as a Cavalier. And of the 2 championship-worthy teams he has played on in his career, 1 of them won a championship. Mentally soft? Not buying it.

btw, :oldlol: @ Kobe being an underdog :oldlol:. Yeah, one of the 5 most athletic SGs ever, who has played his entire career on the most successful franchise in NBA history, on one loaded team after another being an "underdog". Good lord....

way to take my quote out of context. I did mention that he's definitely in the discussion with MJ now. His mental breakdowns used to come at the most crucial moments and that was a large criticism of his that kept him out of the discussion.

as for Kobe being an underdog, that was in reference to the rest of the Top 10 list. He's definitely not as much of a physical specimen as the rest of that list... there's nothing extraordinary about his physical traits.

Kobe doesn't have the best hops, he has an okay first step, he isn't beating many people down the court. He has small hands for his size as well. In terms of athleticism, his best trait is his body control.

tmacattack33
02-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Lebron is BY FAR the best player in the NBA. But let's be real here...he hasn't done enough to unseat MJ. HE STILL HAS HALF HIS CAREER TO GO. Can we wait and watch him do it? He's won ONE title. ONE. Not five.

Because he's beasting and because ESPN has decided this is LEBRON IS BETTER THAN MJ Week (i'm a bit ashamed at some of you jumping on the ESPN bandwagon, that's lame X 100) the season will not be cancelled, and the title will not be handed over on February.

Perspective people. Yes, i also fully expect Lebron to be standing there come June. But i've seen bigger favorites flame out. Chill for a bit. Enjoy the ride, stop trying to say it's over.

Correction, Lebron's teams have won one. And MJ's teams won six.

Lebron carried Cleveland arguably further than MJ would have done.

The only thing MJ could have done better than Lebron was the 2011 Finals...he definitely would have been a lot more aggressive and Miami might have won with MJ.

TheMarkMadsen
02-15-2013, 02:51 PM

solid evidence

Miami might have won with MJ.

considering MJ never played in the finals without winning a FMVP i don't see why anybody would have any doubt that MJ on the 2011 HEAT win a ring

tikay0
02-15-2013, 02:53 PM
solid evidence

considering MJ never played in the finals without winning a FMVP i don't see why anybody would have any doubt that MJ on the 2011 HEAT win a ring

MJ with the 2011 Heat would be their PG, and post up ridiculous numbers.

chazzy
02-15-2013, 02:57 PM

The only thing MJ could have done better than Lebron was the 2011 Finals...he definitely would have been a lot more aggressive and Miami might have won with MJ.
MJ would've done better against Boston in 08 and

tikay0
02-15-2013, 02:58 PM

Ouch. Truth hurts!

Whoah10115
02-15-2013, 03:01 PM

I'm pretty sure there's no chance that Michael would have been beaten by the Magic in 2009.

SilkkTheShocker
02-15-2013, 03:03 PM

He couldn't even get past the 1st round without Pippen. He would do s.hit with Sasha Pavlovic and Joe Smith :oldlol:

lilgodfather1
02-15-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm pretty sure there's no chance that Michael would have been beaten by the Magic in 2009.
LeBron's 38/8/8 weren't enough. MJ would have had to put up 45/8/8 for the Cavs to win.

SilkkTheShocker
02-15-2013, 03:04 PM
And lol at the butthurt Kobe stans that still can't get over the fact LeBron is a better player than Kobe ever was

TheMan
02-15-2013, 03:04 PM

We gonna act like the EC wasn't garbage in 07, tell me, which great team did the Cavs beat on their way to the Finals were they got their asses handed to them? If LBJ could lead his team to the Finals, so could any version of MJ, the EC was just crap.

Meanwhile, MJ was facing off against the Bird Celtics and Thomas Pistons before eventually becoming a champ.

tikay0
02-15-2013, 03:05 PM
He couldn't even get past the 1st round without Pippen. He would do s.hit with Sasha Pavlovic and Joe Smith :oldlol:

He dropped 63 against an ATG Boston team. MJ had to face much stiffer competition while he was under manned. Not to mention, when he won his first and 2nd ring, Pippen wasn't even the Pippen we know today. He was a scared puppy dog out there. MJ had to beat that toughness into him, day by day, practice by practice, game by game, series by series.

MJ overall impact >>>>>>>> LBJ.

SilkkTheShocker
02-15-2013, 03:06 PM

Is Jordan going to average 48/12/10 ?

Is he going to guard Dwight?

You keep pushing that 09 ECF agenda that LeBron some how blew the that series. When only one other Cavalier other than him shot a respectable FG pct (Varejao)

tikay0
02-15-2013, 03:06 PM
LeBron's 38/8/8 weren't enough. MJ would have had to put up 45/8/8 for the Cavs to win.

This isn't even being facetious. He literally would have dropped those numbers in order for them to win.

SilkkTheShocker
02-15-2013, 03:07 PM
He dropped 63 against an ATG Boston team. MJ had to face much stiffer competition while he was under manned. Not to mention, when he won his first and 2nd ring, Pippen wasn't even the Pippen we know today. He was a scared puppy dog out there. MJ had to beat that toughness into him, day by day, practice by practice, game by game, series by series.

MJ overall impact >>>>>>>> LBJ.

The Bulls without MJ were one bad call away from the ECF. The Cavaliers without LeBron lost 26 games in a row. Back the f.uck off me, son :oldlol:

tikay0
02-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Is Jordan going to average 48/12/10 ?

Is he going to guard Dwight?

You keep pushing that 09 ECF agenda that LeBron some how blew the that series. When only one other Cavalier other than him shot a respectable FG pct (Varejao)

You could add the fact that LBJ is a ball dominating player. He doesn't fully allow his teammates to show their true potential. Of course, he posts up some nice assists, but that doesn't mean shit. He makes players around him play out of position.

Ex. First year with Wade and Bosh. He turned Bosh into the laughing stock of the league, and had Wade contemplating suicide.

tikay0
02-15-2013, 03:10 PM
The Bulls without MJ were one bad call away from the ECF. The Cavaliers without LeBron lost 26 games in a row. Back the f.uck off me, son :oldlol:

That was the 2nd 3 peat ERA. All you do is bring in your corny little one liners, and little jabs at players.

Is that your job in life, too hate on the GOAT???

Nah, it's to worship your idol LBJ with all your fervor and might.

SilkkTheShocker
02-15-2013, 03:11 PM
You could add the fact that LBJ is a ball dominating player. He doesn't fully allow his teammates to show their true potential. Of course, he posts up some nice assists, but that doesn't mean shit. He makes players around him play out of position.

Ex. First year with Wade and Bosh. He turned Bosh into the laughing stock of the league, and had Wade contemplating suicide.

Which players on the 09 Cavaliers team could create their own shot? They won 66 games with defense and LeBron setting his teammates up. Where they suppose to call more isolation plays for Varejao? The rest of the post is just pure trolling. Still a butthurt f.aggot mad at making Rose a joke

SilkkTheShocker
02-15-2013, 03:12 PM
That was the 2nd 3 peat ERA. All you do is bring in your corny little one liners, and little jabs at players.

Is that your job in life, too hate on the GOAT???

Nah, it's to worship your idol LBJ with all your fervor and might.

Like I said, they were one bad call away from the ECF. The Cavs without LeBron lost 26 games in a row.

tikay0
02-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Which players on the 09 Cavaliers team could create their own shot? They won 66 games with defense and LeBron setting his teammates up. Where they suppose to call more isolation plays for Varejao? The rest of the post is just pure trolling. Still a butthurt f.aggot mad at making Rose a joke

Look at your avatar, and the way you post. You're a troll, personified.

Serious question. How do you act around people in real life? Fa real, that's a serious question.

The way you interact with people online tells a lot about a man. Using the word man, lightly.

chazzy
02-15-2013, 03:14 PM
You mean the top 5 defense and rebounding team? Back to the ESPN boards kid

SilkkTheShocker
02-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Look at your avatar, and the way you post. You're a troll, personified.

Serious question. How do you act around people in real life? Fa real, that's a serious question.

The way you interact with people online tells a lot about a man. Using the word man, lightly.

the details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

NumberSix
02-15-2013, 03:15 PM
That's not the problem here. Is that people in ESPN and here are saying he's on a level above Jordan when he hasn't prove he is. He has to prove himself in the playoffs yet again to be considered to be on his tier. Magic, Bird and heck even Kobe has proven that. I am pretty sure by the end of this season if he wins it all or depending how he loses in the finals (I won't consider playoffs because I don't anyone from the east beating them) he probably would be on the same tier as Kobe, Magic or Bird.
What has Kobe done in the playoffs? He's NEVER had a playoff run that sniffs what LeBron James did last season.

Magic and Bird, Yeah, they have more titles, but guess what? LeBron's career post-season production and efficiency is far and away superior to both of them. Look up the stats dog.

Just give the man his due and be happy you're witnessing it all as it's happening.

tikay0
02-15-2013, 03:16 PM

I seriously wonder if this kid has friends, family, significant other, or anything worth while in his life, if he's this deep in the LBJ kool aid.

It's quite frightening.

tikay0
02-15-2013, 03:17 PM
the details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

Ok, what novel/movie is this from? Sounds very familiar. :applause:

Edit: You evil Dr. you! :oldlol:

Dave3
02-15-2013, 03:17 PM
LeBron's been pretty damn dominant for a large part of his career though. Every year people are saying "yeah he's playing good now, but how long can he keep it up?" Since the 2008-2009 season people have been talking about him playing great. Even before that (2003-2007 - his "pre prime") He was a 28/7/7 player with above average defense carrying scrub level teams to 50 wins.

Then since 2008 he's been playing at an all time level. His first MVP season saw the second highest PER ever (yeah I know it's a shit stat but it's just a shortcut stat for now as I'm sure you already know how great that year was) and he followed up that MVP by going to the conference finals on 35/9/6 averages and going down fighting against Orlando with 38/8/8.

He followed it up the next year with the first 50% FG% for a perimeter volume scorer since MJ and an MVP repeat - already historical as only 8 players have ever done that before, and averaged 30/9/7 for the season too in one of the more unanimous MVP wins. He started off the playoffs playing the same level against the Bulls series and part of the Celtics series, but following complaints of his elbow player poorly and ultimately didn't do well in the last few games of the series.

The following year with all the outrage about the decision and the Heat's poor play out of the gate he faced as much scrutiny as any player ever has, and while entering a brand new team, system, city etc. still put up an MVP level year and by the time the playoffs rolled around he was again garnering Jordan comparisons (from Jordan's teammate Pippen no less) up till the NBA finals. He put away both the Celtics and Bulls with an array of clutch shots and defense, and dominated the league MVP that year, not just winning the games but taking the defensive responsibility whenever the Heat needed to shut down Rose. He had that very disappointing finals series but it was still a relatively successful year considering new team and new everything.

He started off the following year hot, with a more comfortable post presence and now a full year under his belt playing with his Miami teammates, he looked much more comfortable everywhere from the get go. With a new play style cutting down on 3s and playing in the post, set yet another FG% career high on the way to yet another MVP - the 3rd in 4 years. Went onto the playoffs where he yet again showed all of these unclutch accusations were fictional, as he stepped up against both the Pacers and Celtics with 40 point games each time his team was down. Took home the championship and the finals MVP averaging 30/10/6 on 50% for the playoffs in only his second year on a real contending team.

And now he's yet again poised for an MVP, which would be his 4th in 5 years, a feat only accomplished once in NBA history (by Bill Russell). And yet again his play (not his accomplishments) are what garner the Jordan comparisons. He's playing at a level of dominance (for the whole year, just accentuated this last month) only matched by Shaq and Jordan (arguably the 2 most dominant players in NBA history) in the last 2 decades.

This isn't the first time he's been compared to all time greats. Even before his prime this guy had seasons of 32/6/6, and winning playoff series he had no business even competing in. He's been playing at an all time level for half a decade now, the best player in the NBA for each of the last 5 years. the last time an NBA player was the best in the league for 5 straight years? I'd think it was Jordan between '89-'93, but I'm not sure.

LeBron's been doing this for a while, it's not a new occurrence. 5 straight MVP level years (with 3 - likely 4 - MVPs) in that span isn't him just starting to play well all of a sudden.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-15-2013, 03:18 PM
I seriously wonder if this kid has friends, family, significant other, or anything worth while in his life, if he's this deep in the LBJ kool aid.

It's quite frightening.

He's a keyboard warrior. Just put that clown on ignore and stop quoting his posts.

TheMan
02-15-2013, 03:19 PM
This isn't even being facetious. He literally would have dropped those numbers in order for them to win.
MJ has the most 40+ scoring games in NBA post season history, what's a few more:cheers:

These Bron stans have no clue Jordan went off on the regular, they go crazy when Bron Bron hits mid 30s when MJ AVERAGED that in a lot of playoffs series.:oldlol: So MJ needs to score 40+ to win? Check:lol

SilkkTheShocker

You mean the one where they were relying on a rookie 2nd round PG to be the 2nd best player? :oldlol:

tikay0
He's a keyboard warrior. Just put that clown on ignore and stop quoting his posts.

Good advice. I just hate putting on people ignore. You never know what gems they might shit out.

tikay0
02-15-2013, 03:21 PM
MJ has the most 40+ scoring games in NBA post season history, what's a few more:cheers:

These Bron stans have no clue Jordan went off on the regular, they go crazy when Bron Bron hits mid 30s when MJ AVERAGED that in a lot of playoffs series.:oldlol: So MJ needs to score 40+ to win? Check:lol

Youngsters......:cheers:

chazzy
02-15-2013, 03:22 PM
This is the first year I can say he has a legitimate case to be placed at MJs level though. He just has to sustain it. People are going over the top when they say Lebron in general is at MJs level.. THIS Lebron is, but he hasn't been for his prime. Also, guys like Shaq, Hakeem, and Kareem are being overlooked in terms of peak play.

TheMan
02-15-2013, 03:25 PM
http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/dr-evil.jpg

Dave3
02-15-2013, 03:26 PM
This is the first year I can say he has a legitimate case to be placed at MJs level though. He just has to sustain it. People are going over the top when they say Lebron in general is at MJs level.. THIS Lebron is, but he hasn't been for his prime. Also, guys like Shaq, Hakeem, and Kareem are being overlooked in terms of peak play.
I thought he played at this level (or close in the 2009 playoffs and 2010 reagular season). If you watched him closely at that time what's your opinion on his play compared to MJ? I've never seen MJ play but if current LeBron is as you say on MJ's level, then I'd argue 2009 and 2010 LeBron are as well.

I remember certain posters (not idiots/trolls) commenting on his play back then being equal to MJs but I couldn't really agree/disagree cuz I've never seen MJ.

SilkkTheShocker
02-15-2013, 03:27 PM

It's quite frightening.

:pimp:

Whoah10115
02-15-2013, 03:33 PM

People have failed to comprehend this. Not that it's always the case but it has been the case. The best thing that ever happened to him was going to Miami, so that he didn't overdo it...he still gets caught doing it occasionally, but it's not like it was in Cleveland...and in Cleveland, if he had an esteemed player next to him, maybe it would have been different. But it wasn't and people should pay better attention instead of just going crazy over all-around stats. Use some context.

tikay0
02-15-2013, 03:36 PM
People have failed to comprehend this. Not that it's always the case but it has been the case. The best thing that ever happened to him was going to Miami, so that he didn't overdo it...he still gets caught doing it occasionally, but it's not like it was in Cleveland...and in Cleveland, if he had an esteemed player next to him, maybe it would have been different. But it wasn't and people should pay better attention instead of just going crazy over all-around stats. Use some context.

Agree. His assist numbers are superficial.

SilkkTheShocker
02-15-2013, 03:39 PM
Did you watch the 09 ECF? There was no one aside from LeBron that could create their own shot :oldlol: They didn't win 66 games with Big Z posting up or calling isolation plays for Delonte West :oldlol:

Hank
02-15-2013, 03:45 PM
LeBron's been pretty damn dominant for a large part of his career though. Every year people are saying "yeah he's playing good now, but how long can he keep it up?" Since the 2008-2009 season people have been talking about him playing great. Even before that (2003-2007 - his "pre prime") He was a 28/7/7 player with above average defense carrying scrub level teams to 50 wins.

Then since 2008 he's been playing at an all time level. His first MVP season saw the second highest PER ever (yeah I know it's a shit stat but it's just a shortcut stat for now as I'm sure you already know how great that year was) and he followed up that MVP by going to the conference finals on 35/9/6 averages and going down fighting against Orlando with 38/8/8.

He followed it up the next year with the first 50% FG% for a perimeter volume scorer since MJ and an MVP repeat - already historical as only 8 players have ever done that before, and averaged 30/9/7 for the season too in one of the more unanimous MVP wins. He started off the playoffs playing the same level against the Bulls series and part of the Celtics series, but following complaints of his elbow player poorly and ultimately didn't do well in the last few games of the series.

The following year with all the outrage about the decision and the Heat's poor play out of the gate he faced as much scrutiny as any player ever has, and while entering a brand new team, system, city etc. still put up an MVP level year and by the time the playoffs rolled around he was again garnering Jordan comparisons (from Jordan's teammate Pippen no less) up till the NBA finals. He put away both the Celtics and Bulls with an array of clutch shots and defense, and dominated the league MVP that year, not just winning the games but taking the defensive responsibility whenever the Heat needed to shut down Rose. He had that very disappointing finals series but it was still a relatively successful year considering new team and new everything.

He started off the following year hot, with a more comfortable post presence and now a full year under his belt playing with his Miami teammates, he looked much more comfortable everywhere from the get go. With a new play style cutting down on 3s and playing in the post, set yet another FG% career high on the way to yet another MVP - the 3rd in 4 years. Went onto the playoffs where he yet again showed all of these unclutch accusations were fictional, as he stepped up against both the Pacers and Celtics with 40 point games each time his team was down. Took home the championship and the finals MVP averaging 30/10/6 on 50% for the playoffs in only his second year on a real contending team.

And now he's yet again poised for an MVP, which would be his 4th in 5 years, a feat only accomplished once in NBA history (by Bill Russell). And yet again his play (not his accomplishments) are what garner the Jordan comparisons. He's playing at a level of dominance (for the whole year, just accentuated this last month) only matched by Shaq and Jordan (arguably the 2 most dominant players in NBA history) in the last 2 decades.

This isn't the first time he's been compared to all time greats. Even before his prime this guy had seasons of 32/6/6, and winning playoff series he had no business even competing in. He's been playing at an all time level for half a decade now, the best player in the NBA for each of the last 5 years. the last time an NBA player was the best in the league for 5 straight years? I'd think it was Jordan between '89-'93, but I'm not sure.

LeBron's been doing this for a while, it's not a new occurrence. 5 straight MVP level years (with 3 - likely 4 - MVPs) in that span isn't him just starting to play well all of a sudden.

Great post. It's as if some of those buffoons haven't watched the NBA before this year.

Whoah10115
02-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Great post. It's as if some of those buffoons haven't watched the NBA before this year.

Is you talkin to you?

Dave3
02-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Is you talkin to you?
My post is a general one, even though it was a reply to a specific statement. I'm not calling anyone out.

alleykat
02-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Idk who would ever say he is better than Mj...I never heard it..

Whoah10115
02-15-2013, 04:04 PM
My post is a general one, even though it was a reply to a specific statement. I'm not calling anyone out.

I didn't mean it to do anything with you. Only with his specific reply.