PDA

View Full Version : Wade: "Kobe Is Greatest Of Our Era"

IllegalD
02-16-2013, 02:00 AM
http://www.sportscity.com/miami-heats-dwyane-wade-says-kobe-is-greatest-of-our-era/2013/02/15/

[QUOTE]

kennethgriffin
02-16-2013, 02:01 AM
duh

Sporting News NBA Athlete of the Decade (2000s)
TNT NBA Player of the Decade (2000s)
Sports Illustrated Top 20 Male Athlete of the Decade (2000s) #7 (the only NBA player in the top 10)
Ranked #1 in Dime Magazine's 2012 list of the top 10 greatest players since the year 2000 (published in the September 2012 issue)

chazzy
02-16-2013, 02:02 AM
inb4 Hank says something about stringbeans

Kingwillball
02-16-2013, 02:03 AM
He also KNows Lebron will pass Kobe but would be ballsy to say Lebron is the best of the Era. He is paying Homage to Kobe being an Elder statesmen plus having 5 ships..

Mr. Jabbar
02-16-2013, 02:04 AM
Why listen to nba legends, current players, analysts and coaches when we can listen to "Silktheshocker" or "Hank"?

NLZ
02-16-2013, 02:06 AM
He also KNows Lebron will pass Kobe but would be ballsy to say Lebron is the best of the Era. He is paying Homage to Kobe being an Elder statesmen plus having 5 ships..
and then I saw your avatar

gengiskhan
02-16-2013, 02:06 AM
http://www.sportscity.com/miami-heats-dwyane-wade-says-kobe-is-greatest-of-our-era/2013/02/15/

2000 - present is the WEAKEST superstar DEPLETED era since 1970s btw.

when the fundamentals are weak, kobe obviously is the one with good solid fundamentals & will look the best of the era despite FAILING to dominate the NBA finals & loosing multiple NBA Finals because he CHOKED.

I guess the 1 consolation MVP for 17 seasons is good enough to dominate Wade's Era because he got 0 season MVPs.

Mr. Jabbar
02-16-2013, 02:08 AM
What I like about kobe is that besides being the best of his era, he is also a very educated man, well spoken, fluent in several languages and with an elegant sense of fashion. A true rolemodel :applause:

imnew09
Why listen to them(Nba) when we got ISH fans?

Jacks3
No surprise to hear Wade say this after the way Kobe destroyed him in their last matchup. And this is a 17th year Kobe. He must be in awe. :bowdown:

Graviton
More like Kobe was the best in 2000-2010 era, Lebron falls more into 2010-2020 era.

gengiskhan
02-16-2013, 02:10 AM
What I like about kobe is that besides being the best of his era, he is also a very educated man, well spoken, a convicted serial rapist, fluent in several languages and with an elegant sense of fashion. A true rolemodel :applause:

well said.

a wonderful role model to all our kids & women. :coleman:

chazzy
02-16-2013, 02:11 AM
[/B]
5 out of the top 15 players of all time is a depleted era?

Mr. Jabbar
02-16-2013, 02:13 AM
well said.

a wonderful role model to all our kids & women. :coleman:

he didnt do it. at some point you all need to accept kobe is not your typical ghetto nigro but an educated man with good looks and refined factions

gengiskhan
02-16-2013, 02:14 AM

LBJ & Kobe & Duncan are the only ones in Top 15 GOATs.

besides. LBJ, other 2 wont be in Top 10 GOATs.

the rest of the 12 in Top 15 are loaded with 1980s & 1990s era SUPERSTARs.

Deuce Bigalow
02-16-2013, 02:15 AM
Then you got Dirk and Wade, who are top 25 players of all time, arguable for top 20.

kennethgriffin
02-16-2013, 02:15 AM
More like Kobe was the best in 2000-2010 era, Lebron falls more into 2010-2020 era.

kobe is the best of an era that included 4 possible top 10 players all time in their prime ( shaq early 2000's, duncan early to mid 2000's, lebron late 2000's, and himself )

lebron is the best of an era that only includes himself maybe

2000's was a stacked era of greatness

2010's wont have nearly as many prime legends

Mr. Jabbar
02-16-2013, 02:16 AM
lets look at lebron for example, he doesn't knwo how to dress, doesn't know how to tip at restaurants, asks for his spaghetti already cut and likes expensive steaks overcooked....

chazzy
02-16-2013, 02:17 AM

Shaq and KG

alleykat
02-16-2013, 02:23 AM
he didnt do it. at some point you all need to accept kobe is not your typical ghetto nigro but an educated man with good looks and refined factions

Kobe do got mad style tho.....GQ after he retires

gengiskhan
02-16-2013, 02:25 AM
kobe is the best of an era that included 4 possible top 10 players all time in their prime ( shaq early 2000's, duncan early to mid 2000's, lebron late 2000's, and himself )

lebron is the best of an era that only includes himself maybe

2000's was a stacked era of greatness

2010's wont have nearly as many legends IMO

Retarded post beyond hope!

1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. Wilt
4. Magic
5. Bird
6. Hakeem
7. Russell
8. Shaq
9. Oscar
10. Future LBJ.

Faaak are you talking about.

All 9 GOATs incl. future 10th GOAT LBJ have DOMINATED the Sport like no other have.

Oscar the "Triple Double King" for whole season & only 'perimeter' player ever to FORCEFULLY win the season MVP on Scrub franchise with Scrub players.

Russell the Championship king.

Bird the 3 straight MVP king.

Hakeem, "the greatest individual season ever" King & the most complete center ever.

Shaq, the sheer force of nature & most DOMINANT FMVPs by center King.

Magic, the leadership King.

Wilt, the dominating stats king

Kareem, the MVPs King

MJ, the King of all the other 9 Kings.

Where does Duncan, Kobe rank in here. they have neither DOMINATED the sport or their era or the changed the sport for future.

So stop overrating them.

chazzy
02-16-2013, 02:26 AM
Damn, gengiskhan's posts remind me of the first time I discovered Microsoft Word when I was 8

BMOGEFan
02-16-2013, 02:27 AM
Retarded post beyond hope!

1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. Wilt
4. Magic
5. Bird
6. Hakeem
7. Russell
8. Shaq
9. Oscar
10. Future LBJ.

Faaak are you talking about.

All 9 GOATs incl. future 10th GOAT LBJ have DOMINATED the Sport like no other have.

Oscar the "Triple Double King" for whole season & only 'perimeter' player ever to FORCEFULLY win the season MVP on Scrub franchise with Scrub players.

Russell the Championship king.

Bird the 3 straight MVP king.

Hakeem, "the greatest individual season ever" King & the most complete center ever.

Shaq, the sheer force of nature & most DOMINANT FMVPs by center King.

Magic, the leadership King.

Wilt, the dominating stats king

Kareem, the MVPs King

MJ, the King of all the other 9 Kings.

Where does Duncan, Kobe rank in here. they have neither DOMINATED the sport or their era or the changed the sport for future.

So stop overrating them.

so 2 players on separate teams who have 9 rings out of a decade isn't dominance?

Bandito
02-16-2013, 02:27 AM
What I like about kobe is that besides being the best of his era, he is also a very educated man, well spoken, fluent in several languages and with an elegant sense of fashion. A true rolemodel :applause:
Well educated? He didn't even go to college and he has the vocabulary of a 17 year old boy:lol

Graviton
02-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Damn, gengiskhan's posts remind me of the first time I discovered Microsoft Word when I was 8
But before you discovered critical thinking, logic and context later on. He is still in the infancy stages of debating. :oldlol: For now he can just type in bold and giant letters. :oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
02-16-2013, 02:28 AM
gengis wtf, no1's reading your sh1t on normal font much less on that aberration

Mr. Jabbar
02-16-2013, 02:30 AM
Well educated? He didn't even go to college and he has the vocabulary of a 17 year old boy:lol

Watch kobe educate Guillermo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yv4ED7rz64

imnew09
02-16-2013, 02:30 AM
gengis just stop posting here on ISH. Can't believe you left out SHAQ and u call yourself a basketball fan... GTFO

Heavincent
02-16-2013, 02:31 AM
This is pretty much the general consensus.

gengiskhan
02-16-2013, 02:34 AM
so 2 players on separate teams who have 9 rings out of a decade isn't dominance?

Correct.

Because both are the products of their franchises.

Duncan is a product of popovich led SAS franchise.

Kobe is a product of Jackson led LAL franchise.

Shaq's 3 straight DOMINATING NBA FINALS FMVPs is an example of UTTER DOMINANCE!. Phil jackson can never be credited for it.

Duncan & Kobe were never close.

gengiskhan
02-16-2013, 02:36 AM
gengis just stop posting here on ISH. Can't believe you left out SHAQ and u call yourself a basketball fan... GTFO

WTF are you talking about.

Shaq is at No. 8 GOAT cuz of his own laziness & weight gain & toying around.

Had he developed 50% of Kobe's work ethics & seriousness towards the Bball, He would've easily had 3 MVPs, 4 FMVPs, 3 DPOYs atleast & higher GOAT position.

longtime lurker
02-16-2013, 02:36 AM
duh

Sporting News NBA Athlete of the Decade (2000s)
TNT NBA Player of the Decade (2000s)
Sports Illustrated Top 20 Male Athlete of the Decade (2000s) #7 (the only NBA player in the top 10)
Ranked #1 in Dime Magazine's 2012 list of the top 10 greatest players since the year 2000 (published in the September 2012 issue)

All this yet barely top 50 according to ISH

NLZ
02-16-2013, 02:37 AM
Correct.

Shaq's 3 straight DOMINATING NBA FINALS FMVPs is an example of UTTER DOMINANCE!. Phil jackson can never be credited for it.

so if LeBron was to win 3 more in a row it would be a result of a franchise led by Pat Riley? Please leave these forums, now.

Mr. Jabbar
02-16-2013, 02:37 AM
Correct.

One of the least informed, ignorant-offensive posts in recent memory.

gengiskhan
02-16-2013, 02:38 AM
Shaq and KG

Shaq debuted in 1992.

He is a 90s decade player btw, the era of GREAT CENTERS.

so is Mourning

get your dates & decades right!

chazzy
02-16-2013, 02:42 AM
Shaq debuted in 1992.

He is a 90s decade player btw, the era of GREAT CENTERS.

so is Mourning

get your dates & decades right!
But this

happened in the 2000s :confusedshrug:

Kingwillball
02-16-2013, 03:29 AM
and then I saw your avatar

Umn Yeah Lebron has been better for Years already and will be best Player in NBA for at least another 5 or 6 years..

talkingconch
02-16-2013, 03:42 AM
Notice lebron stans are left speechless even after hearing it from one of their top players mouth

NumberSix
02-16-2013, 03:52 AM
sick life

Y2Gezee
02-16-2013, 04:09 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dwyane-wade-pants-530x339.jpg

This guy has bad judgement.

From a recent thread...if you can draft any player in history...you draft Shaq. And he's not even better than Kobe freakin Bryant? Yeah, Kobe may be a more skilled player, but he's certainly not "Greater" than Shaquille O'neal. That's blasphemous to me.

And I'd take Duncan too. If Kobe had Duncan's personality, and wasn't such of a media attraction...this wouldn't be close. He's a great great player, but certainly not greater than those 2.

Magic 32
02-16-2013, 04:40 AM

How many championships does Jordan, Pippen, Shaq and Kobe have without Phil Jackson?

imnew09
02-16-2013, 04:49 AM

You're contradicting yourself, u just LEFT OUT SHAQ HERE, and then you mentioned him later :facepalm just get out. you're disgracing ish as a whole.

The Iron Fist
02-16-2013, 05:04 AM
1-2 in the finals with 6 wins and 9 losses. Thanks lebron!

vs

5-2 in the finals.

So you think Lebron is going to win 5 more titles?

The Iron Fist
02-16-2013, 05:05 AM

when the fundamentals are weak, kobe obviously is the one with good solid fundamentals & will look the best of the era despite FAILING to dominate the NBA finals & loosing multiple NBA Finals because he CHOKED.

I guess the 1 consolation MVP for 17 seasons is good enough to dominate Wade's Era because he got 0 season MVPs.

So then what does that say about lebron who is 1 and 2 in the finals with a sweep and scoring 10 ppg less than his season average?

The Iron Fist
02-16-2013, 05:08 AM
Correct.

And Magic, Bird and Jordan aren't products of their franchises?

:biggums:

lol Shaq. You mean the same Shaq who has zero finals wins before Kobe and Phil? That shaq?

NumberSix
02-16-2013, 05:13 AM
At least Chuck has the balls to laugh at the question and flat out say LeBron>Kobe and then even go as far to say LeBron=Jordan.

The Iron Fist
02-16-2013, 05:35 AM
At least Chuck has the balls to laugh at the question and flat out say LeBron>Kobe and then even go as far to say LeBron=Jordan.
Losers always side with other losers. They need consolation.

TOUCH MY BODY
02-16-2013, 07:02 AM
lets look at lebron for example, he doesn't knwo how to dress, doesn't know how to tip at restaurants, asks for his spaghetti already cut and likes expensive steaks overcooked....

lol wtf :bowdown:

Dresta
02-16-2013, 07:43 AM
Tell me: how does Kobe 'was the greatest of our era' turn into Kobe 'is greatest of our era'? Quite a difference there, they don't mean remotely the same thing.

TheNaturalWR
02-16-2013, 10:20 AM
No surprise to hear Wade say this after the way Kobe destroyed him in their last matchup. And this is a 17th year Kobe. He must be in awe. :bowdown:

Kobe stat-padding his way to 28 points is destroying a Wade who had 30 with 16 coming in the 4th????? :eek:

White Mamba
02-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Why listen to nba legends, current players, analysts and coaches when we can listen to "Silktheshocker" or "Hank"?
:roll: :applause: :roll:

PP34Deuce
02-16-2013, 01:21 PM

Actually I believe the 2000's era had the mix of fundamentals and athletiscm needed to perform their position at the highest level.

That era had better athletes than previous era while still having guys who went to college and were tougher players. People think of Eddy Curry, Eddie Robinson, Kwame Brown and forget if you take them away you still have a great crop of players who were athletic and understood the game.

This era also was the last of the Swingmen era. Tmac, PP, Kobe, and even Stackhouse were able to play both SG-SF at very good level. THey had midrange jumpers and 3's while being able to drive and rebound.

The new era ( 2007 current) lacks ideal positions and it's more free flowing basketball based on that.

This era is the Combo guard era that excels with Westbrook, Irving, etc.

I believe the new era is more "PG" friendly. The guys played AAU together and are just friends. THe previous era wasn't as cut throat as the 90's era but they had a good mix of being friends who wanted to beat each other bad and showed some competitive blood.

DMAVS41
02-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Shaq and KG

Yep.

Dirk and Wade top 20 imo.

You literally have 7 of the top 20 players of all time. Certainly 7 of the 25 best of all time.

chazzy
02-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Yep.

Dirk and Wade top 20 imo.

You literally have 7 of the top 20 players of all time. Certainly 7 of the 25 best of all time.
Woah you're alive!

rs98762001
02-16-2013, 05:09 PM
From a recent thread...if you can draft any player in history...you draft Shaq. And he's not even better than Kobe freakin Bryant? Yeah, Kobe may be a more skilled player, but he's certainly not "Greater" than Shaquille O'neal. That's blasphemous to me.

And I'd take Duncan too. If Kobe had Duncan's personality, and wasn't such of a media attraction...this wouldn't be close. He's a great great player, but certainly not greater than those 2.
I'd say at this point Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan are all sort of interchangeable on the all-time great lists. They all have deep championship resumes. Shaq was by far the most dominating of the three at his best, but also is the biggest underachiever in relation to his talent, and his career tailed off far quicker than the other two. Duncan has been the most consistent over the longest period but probably the least individually dominant and also has had his fair share of playoff failures. Kobe's career will probably be the most impressive over the long haul, but statistically he's just a tad below Shaq and Duncan. Duncan and Kobe could both still further their legacies were they to add to their championships. But ultimately I'm guessing all three of them will sit somewhere in the 7-9 positions, and I'd never criticize anyone for whichever order they put them in.

DMAVS41
02-16-2013, 05:36 PM
I'd say at this point Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan are all sort of interchangeable on the all-time great lists. They all have deep championship resumes. Shaq was by far the most dominating of the three at his best, but also is the biggest underachiever in relation to his talent, and his career tailed off far quicker than the other two. Duncan has been the most consistent over the longest period but probably the least individually dominant and also has had his fair share of playoff failures. Kobe's career will probably be the most impressive over the long haul, but statistically he's just a tad below Shaq and Duncan. Duncan and Kobe could both still further their legacies were they to add to their championships. But ultimately I'm guessing all three of them will sit somewhere in the 7-9 positions, and I'd never criticize anyone for whichever order they put them in.

I agree with a lot of this.

I do think people have generally written off Duncan way too much since 08 or so. The reality is simply that he's playing a lot less minutes in the regular season. He's still a great great player on both ends and on the boards. If the Spurs were to win this year with Duncan doing his 17/10/3 and great defense in the playoffs...I think it would be pretty special for his legacy.

Will be interesting to see what happens. Huge legacy year if the Spurs make the finals against the Heat.

A 5th title for Duncan would be huge. A 2nd title for Lebron huge as well. Depending on how he plays, a 3rd title for Wade would elevate him to some lofty company as well.

KyrieTheFuture
02-16-2013, 05:50 PM
I consider Kobe and lebron to be a part of different eras.

Cali Syndicate
02-16-2013, 05:51 PM
2000 - present is the WEAKEST superstar DEPLETED era since 1970s btw..[/B]

This era has has a solid cast of superstars. The center position is week but that really isn't a big issue since the league is more perimeter oriented than it has ever been.

gengiskhan
02-16-2013, 06:01 PM
This era has has a solid cast of superstars. The center position is week but that really isn't a big issue since the league is more perimeter oriented than it has ever been.

so is PF position (Duncan is a SOFTY, he aint Charles, Malone, Rodman etc etc)

PG is the only position thats good

SG is good too thanks to MJ affect

Other positions are laughable.

You have weak fundamentals & players lack well-roundedness like LBJ & Kobe has.

Back than, even 2nd Tier superstars were well rounded with good SOLID fundamentals: Mitch Richmond, Miller, Chris mullen, glen rice, steve smith, Nick Anderson etc etc etc

Even Howard OFFENSIVELY gont really match up to real well-rounded center.

NBA is really at its weakest currently. Its just a pure PERIMETER players game.

Cali Syndicate
02-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Duncan, dirk, kg are phenomenal pf's.

Even second tier superstars such as amare, pau, bosh are solid.

Randolph, Jefferson, plus others....not as terrible as your trying to make it sound.

tmacattack33
02-16-2013, 06:14 PM

:roll:

TheMarkMadsen
05-28-2015, 09:52 PM
since bran stans apparently love what nba players say now

:lol :lol

HOoopCityJones
05-28-2015, 10:15 PM
Ruh Roh

ISHGoat
05-28-2015, 10:16 PM
lebron also said kevin love was mvp

theyre just trolling

boldarblood
05-28-2015, 10:25 PM

can't teach stupid... quit making sense, your confusing people.

:)

boldarblood
05-28-2015, 10:28 PM
I consider Kobe and lebron to be a part of different eras.

of course you do, that way you can justify the fact that wade said Kobe is the best.

They have been in the same league for 12 years now, that is the same era.

PsychoBe
05-28-2015, 10:29 PM
of course you do, that way you can justify the fact that wade said Kobe is the best.

They have been in the same league for 12 years now, that is the same era.

you're right. bran was voted player of the decade on numerous occasions right?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

dubeta
05-28-2015, 10:32 PM
LOL @ people taking an opinion of a beta like Wade

This guy paints his toenails, and is on the cusp of following LeBron around after LeBron played him like a fool and stole $9M from him last year :lol

Cant get more beta than Wade.

JohnFreeman
05-28-2015, 10:33 PM
Duncan>

TheMarkMadsen
05-28-2015, 10:37 PM
Appearing on "The B.S. Report" with Grantland.com's Bill Simmons, Bird said that LeBron James is one of the greatest players and we should all sit back and enjoy what he can do on the basketball court. He even calls him the best player in the league, but he's not the player he would go into battle with.

If he could choose any current player that he'd like to play a season with, who would it be, Bird was asked.

"Well, probably Kobe, because of the fact that ... well, of course he wouldn't have been shooting as much as he does now ... but his desire to win, his dedication, to always get better, uh, and he's just, he's just tough," Bird said. "He's just a tough cat.

we can go for days with this

:roll: :roll:

boldarblood
05-28-2015, 10:40 PM
you're right. bran was voted player of the decade on numerous occasions right?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cohen puts Kobe 1, Bran at 7. Not that he is the absolute authority on anything, but his opinion on the matter is worth more than the typical Internet Troll.

http://www.nba.com/magic/cohen-8ball-ranking-best-players-2000s_080813