PDA

View Full Version : Chris bosh is an 8 time all star

SacJB Shady
02-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Something wrong with that picture. That's as many as Kidd, more than Nash, webber. He's gonna have like 13 all stars in his career. He's good but not that good.

SilkkTheShocker
02-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Jason Kidd is a 10x all-star

KyrieTheFuture
02-16-2013, 09:29 PM
All star selections say more about your competition really. Who deserves it over him?

SpecialQue
02-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Bosh is great. What the fvck are you talking about?

coin24
02-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Ban this retard.
Who gives a fu*k about all star selections:facepalm

Its a game for the fans, why do some people take it so seriously:confusedshrug:

SacJB Shady
02-16-2013, 09:33 PM

What has he done?

HAzE024
02-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Ban this retard.
Who gives a fu*k about all star selections:facepalm

Its a game for the fans, why do some people take it so seriously:confusedshrug:

probably because they're.....well, fans?

coin24
What has he done?

More than Lee Curry and Bogut

DMV2
What has he done?
Single-handedly destroyed the OKC Thunder frontcourt on the glass in the Finals.

He did it again a few days ago.

miggyme1
02-16-2013, 09:38 PM
bruh u gotta keep in mind bosh played in toronto for like 7 seasons.....u know all them canadians voted him in...and on top of that the EASTERN conference has never had GREAT big men to begin with...its always been him and kg when kg went to the celtics...idk what u smoking...and on top of that bosh is prolly the most skilled big man in the league behind the gasol brothers....have a great fcuking night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SacJB Shady
02-16-2013, 09:44 PM
More than Lee Curry and Bogut

Yea? What's he averaging on the boards? Does he have boguts defense or shot blocking? Can he shoot like curry? The fact u are getting offensive means u know that I'm correct when I say he doesn't deserve 8 all stars. He's hardly a superstar and u know lee is better than him now right?

ace23
02-16-2013, 09:49 PM
Yea? What's he averaging on the boards? Does he have boguts defense or shot blocking? Can he shoot like curry? The fact u are getting offensive means u know that I'm correct when I say he doesn't deserve 8 all stars. He's hardly a superstar and u know lee is better than him now right?
Go through the years he's won, see which forwards have deserved selection over Bosh, then report back.

MeLO MvP 15
02-16-2013, 09:50 PM
He got in a lot as the back up center in the east when he was putting up huge numbers on some of those bad Raptors teams.

Nash
02-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Chris Bosh is a 24/11 guy. People just don't take into account he's playing with Lebron and Wade.

Odinn
02-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Both sides have points.

- It's hard to find to someone deserved more than Bosh.
- By historical standpoint, it's hard to believe following players equal or less selections;
Archibald 6 times, Dantley 6 times, Worthy 7 times, Reed 7 times, Pippen 7 times, McHale 7 times, Frazier 7 times, Nash 8 times, English 8 times.

Hank
02-16-2013, 10:02 PM
This is a pretty stupid time to start a knock Bosh thread. OP obviously doesn't follow the NBA. I guess he totally missed Bosh trouncing the OKC frontcourt on the road, and totally outlaying Aldridge this week. Here's a glimpse (since you don't follow the sport):

Bosh against Aldridge and the Blazers, going 32 pts 11 rebounds, multiple blocks, on 13/16 shooting:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX3XoRD6vRs

Bosh in February

21.4 ppg
7.8 rpg
62% FG
only one TO per game
Excellent PNR and rotation team defense

Bosh is shooting 56%. And Bosh is shooting a whopping 57% from 16-23 feet.

Bosh in his last 5 games:

23+ pts on 65% shooting, 8.6 rebounds, in only 33 minutes per game..

He's a 3rd option who never complains, does his job, and is the consummate team player.
Bosh = Boss

Lock Thread

SacJB Shady
02-16-2013, 10:14 PM
This is a pretty stupid time to start a knock Bosh thread. OP obviously doesn't follow the NBA. I guess he totally missed Bosh trouncing the OKC frontcourt on the road, and totally outlaying Aldridge this week. Here's a glimpse (since you don't follow the sport):

Bosh against Aldridge and the Blazers, going 32 pts 11 rebounds, multiple blocks, on 13/16 shooting:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX3XoRD6vRs

Bosh in February

21.4 ppg
7.8 rpg
62% FG
only one TO per game
Excellent PNR and rotation team defense

Bosh is shooting 56%. And Bosh is shooting a whopping 57% from 16-23 feet.

Bosh in his last 5 games:

23+ pts on 65% shooting, 8.6 rebounds, in only 33 minutes per game..

He's a 3rd option who never complains, does his job, and is the consummate team player.
Bosh = Boss

Lock Thread

All these incidental stats....

Then Aldridge should be a 7 time all star already

tmacattack33
02-16-2013, 10:36 PM
1. He's been healthy
2. He's been consistent
3. He came in the league and was able to be successful at a young age (he was a legitimate first option by age 21 in Toronto)

I see no problem with him having 8 all-star appearances.

Hank
02-16-2013, 10:39 PM
And did I mention Bosh is the GOAT celebrator:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2178247/lolbosh2013.gif

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s647/MiamiDpctures/XIOdf_zps6d671e70.gif

OP FAIL

Inactive
02-16-2013, 10:52 PM
The guy averaged 23/10 during his 5 all star years with Toronto. How is that not deserving?

NBASTATMAN
02-16-2013, 11:06 PM
Something wrong with that picture. That's as many as Kidd, more than Nash, webber. He's gonna have like 13 all stars in his career. He's good but not that good.

If he had played in the West he would have 3 or 4 at this point IMO... Either way the all star game does not measure the quality of a player. Pippen only made the all star game 7 times..

lpublic_enemyl
02-16-2013, 11:07 PM
i don't like bosh a lot but dude is legit 20 and 10 guy so he deserves it

Yao Ming's Foot
02-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Lebron apologists attempting to rewrite history....

:facepalm

DaSeba5
02-17-2013, 12:09 AM
The guy averaged 23/10 during his 5 all star years with Toronto. How is that not deserving?

This.

Come on OP :facepalm

Whoah10115
02-17-2013, 12:58 AM

8 in 10 years is a lot for him. He's not elite. People try to hold the lack of all-star games against Kevin Johnson and Bosh has 5 more selections...Bosh is not as good as KJ. He only has 1 All-NBA selection, but still...Deron Williams got a BS selection last year and only has 3.

Artillery
02-17-2013, 01:05 AM
It's a combination of playing in the Leastern Conference and statpadding on a bad team for most of of his career. He really doesn't deserve anywhere near 8 all-star selections but Toronto has a rabid fanbase that likes to elevate decent players into all-stars by overrating them to high hell.

Yao Ming's Foot
02-17-2013, 04:33 AM
It's a combination of playing in the Leastern Conference and statpadding on a bad team for most of of his career. He really doesn't deserve anywhere near 8 all-star selections but Toronto has a rabid fanbase that likes to elevate decent players into all-stars by overrating them to high hell.

Chris Bosh and Vince Carter represent 90%+ of the Raptors all star history.

:rolleyes:

All Net
02-17-2013, 05:03 AM
Chris Bosh is a 24/11 guy. People just don't take into account he's playing with Lebron and Wade.

Pretty much.

entropy35
02-17-2013, 05:07 AM
Did people forget how bosh used to play in Toronto? Dude was a beast.

Artillery
02-17-2013, 06:17 AM
Did people forget how bosh used to play in Toronto? Dude was a beast.

Chris Bosh and "beast" don't belong in the same sentence. I remember Shaq routinely clowning him in his Toronto days. Shaq described Bosh perfectly here:

“Some guys come into the league without a ton of props, so there’s not a whole lot of pressure on them. Then they sign a big deal and all of a sudden they’re thrown into the spotlight. Chris Bosh is like that. He’s getting all this attention, so he starts believing he’s really good. C’mon now. We know better. He’s a player who can put up some numbers, but he’s not an elite player. He was in Toronto eight years and they were never a factor, never a playoff team. Don’t get with those other two guys and start pounding your chest. I ain’t buying it, and I’m not the only one.”

Artillery
02-17-2013, 06:21 AM

Cause Toronto was trash almost the entire time. The only two years they made the playoffs, they were eliminated in the first round.

It's like awarding Dwight an all-star spot this year. Lakers are garbage so it makes no sense for him to be the given a mid-season award. Dwight didn't deserve it this year. Same goes for Bosh for most of his time in Toronto.

arifgokcen
02-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Cause Toronto was trash almost the entire time. The only two years they made the playoffs, they were eliminated in the first round.

It's like awarding Dwight an all-star spot this year. Lakers are garbage so it makes no sense for him to be the given a mid-season award. Dwight didn't deserve it this year. Same goes for Bosh for most of his time in Toronto.
So you say irving with that horrible record deserved to start and bosh didnt.Please note that toronto record was better than cavs'

Another thing irving's stats are not any better than bosh's back in toronto days.

Yeah this argument makes a lot of sense!!!!!!!

Hank
02-17-2013, 09:06 AM
"Chris Bosh gives our frontcourt more problems than any big in the league" -OKC head coach Scott Brooks

Let the naysayers and crybabies be. It just pisses the haters off how Bosh fits in with the NBA Champion Heat so seamlessly, and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKuBo64aFuI

^^ Perfectly

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s647/MiamiDpctures/thegodfatheric_zps2e0dabb7.jpg

Shade8780
02-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Injuries :cry:

L.Kizzle
02-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Bosh is the best big in the East. And this is as a 3rd fiddle, getting damn near 18/8.

If he's still in Toronto, he's gettin 23/11 easily.

ralph_i_el
02-18-2013, 07:33 PM
What has he done?

He was putting up crazy good numbers on the raptors he definitely earned those all stars

Just2McFly
02-18-2013, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=Artillery]Chris Bosh and "beast" don't belong in the same sentence. I remember Shaq routinely clowning him in his Toronto days. Shaq described Bosh perfectly here:

[I]

L.Kizzle
02-18-2013, 07:38 PM

What other bigs in the East should have been giving Bosh's spot, this season or the seasons in Toronto?

Dwight got voted in, so that's a whole different scenario but Bosh was voted in by the coaches.

Only bigs in the East better than him his ten seasons in the NBA were Garnett and Dwight. Jermiane O'Neal a few seasons early in Bosh's career that's it. Amare his first season in New York.

Lord Leoshes
02-18-2013, 07:59 PM
What has he done?

He is 1 of the top 5 bigs in this league, but unlike the other 4, Bosh is the only one that is a 3rd option that never gets plays run for him, instead he has to feed off of Bron, & Wade just like everyone else. & don't forget that Bosh, & Wade had to give up a few shots a game to accommodate Ray into the offence.

If bosh was the 2nd option on another team he would be closer to 22ppg, 9/10 RPG, while still shooting around 50% or more.
Add to that that since coming to Miami he has improved his defense in leaps, & bounds.

When you have time compare their fg%-shoot attempts- time on the floor, & their Player Efficiency Rating.

LikeABosh
02-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Since when do players teams have to be good/great for them to make the All Star team? Bosh put up elite numbers for years, not his fault Toronto sucks.