PDA

View Full Version : James White cant fly high anymore

bail
02-16-2013, 11:53 PM
This guy is already 30 yrs old. He could have made those dunks easily if he was younger. :):sleeping

Noob Saibot
02-16-2013, 11:54 PM
yea. youtube couldn't save the nba. :cry:

rknine15
02-17-2013, 12:14 AM
he can still jump higher than 99% of the league

MeLO MvP 15
02-17-2013, 12:14 AM
That first dunk was actually really impressive. 2 handed from like a step over the FT line. Should've been an obvious 50. But yeah he got really winded because he goes the full length of the court every time, which age would obviously effect his ability to do so longer.

inclinerator
02-17-2013, 12:15 AM
james white first dunk was behind the freethrow line but he missed

L.Kizzle
02-17-2013, 12:16 AM
Hod does he make the NBA at 30 and not at 23?

Noyze
02-17-2013, 12:16 AM
Yeah, he prob practiced these but it was mostly the community that gassed him up. Told him he could do it when it counted, but those bright lights and age caught up to him

Cangri
02-17-2013, 12:17 AM
I wished he made that second dunk, would've been insane.

BrooklynZoo
02-17-2013, 12:18 AM
i have no idea why he kept flippin the ball and overdribbling. He barely had handle on the ball which could easily throw him off

inclinerator
02-17-2013, 12:19 AM
http://i.minus.com/iic2SsuNSnUpN.gif

Noob Saibot
02-17-2013, 12:20 AM
I don't think it was just age man. dude was nevous too. to fail time and time again on stuff you normally do is frustrating. you can't come back from that after waiting all of your life for a moment like this.

tmacattack33
02-17-2013, 12:21 AM
The two handed dunk from a step inches inside the free throw line was great.

His second dunk wasn't what i was hoping for, and he didn't even make it. Big disappointment and choke.

ace23
02-17-2013, 12:22 AM
Damn he's already 30?

Shit, just confirmed on Wikipedia.

bisk
02-17-2013, 12:22 AM
Guys, Guys. Clearly it's another case of 10 foot Youtube video rims.

L.Kizzle
02-17-2013, 12:23 AM
I don't think it was just age man. dude was nevous too. to fail time and time again on stuff you normally do is frustrating. you can't come back from that after waiting all of your life for a moment like this.
Knicks will probably cut him before the season is over.

They don't need him anymore.

andgar923
02-17-2013, 12:24 AM
I feel bad for him.

His entire life was geared for this moment. He's been training his entire life to make it to the NBA Dunk Contest. Everybody in the world just knew that he would win it, because well

Mach_3
02-17-2013, 12:24 AM
It was also completely necessary for him to run from the end of the court on every attempt :lol

InfiniteBaskets
02-17-2013, 12:37 AM
He's probably still getting paid and playing basketball at a higher level than some of his non-NBA dunking peers like Air up there.

DMV2
02-17-2013, 12:42 AM
It was also completely necessary for him to run from the end of the court on every attempt :lol
Yeah, he was already exhausted before taking flight. :lol

kaiteng
02-17-2013, 12:43 AM
I feel bad for him.

His entire life was geared for this moment. He's been training his entire life to make it to the NBA Dunk Contest. Everybody in the world just knew that he would win it, because well…. that's what he was groomed for.

I don't think it was his age.

I think he just choked.

His life will be miserable now.

Can you imagine, you're entire identity is associated with this one day, you finally get to this day and you fail badly. He may go into a depression. I guarantee that he gets cut or traded soon.
Sadly agreed on this. He blew hard on what should be his legacy. :(

iDunk
02-17-2013, 12:45 AM
You're crazy, he could still do the same things. The dunks just rimmed out.

Rake2204
02-17-2013, 12:47 AM
I feel bad for him.

His entire life was geared for this moment. He's been training his entire life to make it to the NBA Dunk Contest. Everybody in the world just knew that he would win it, because well…. that's what he was groomed for.

I think he just choked.

Can you imagine, you're entire identity is associated with this one day, you finally get to this day and you fail badly. He may go into a depression. I guarantee that he gets cut or traded soon.I'm thinking the same thing. It was a bummer watching him not being able to finish that second jam. Personally, I thought he should have gone with the windmill from the start. Then again, now that I think about it, maybe he was trying to hang on to that one until the final round.

He hasn't always been a guaranteed dunk contest champion. He missed his signature dunks the same way back in college. Some days he hits those tough dunks and some days he doesn't. He didn't seem to be missing them tonight like he was too old. He was just missing them.

eric89
02-17-2013, 12:59 AM
I feel bad for him.

I think he just choked.

Can you imagine, you're entire identity is associated with this one day, you finally get to this day and you fail badly. He may go into a depression. I guarantee that he gets cut or traded soon.

^this
I think he still get it but he just choked. Feel so bad for him:facepalm
He could still easily jump off from the free throw line in his first dunk which should have given him a 50.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2-45jV_zsdc

Ramiah
02-17-2013, 01:01 AM
It's sad..everyone is gonna remember him as the dude who choked in the dunk contest.

andgar923
02-17-2013, 01:11 AM
It's sad..everyone is gonna remember him as the dude who choked in the dunk contest.

I don't think anybody has been anticipating a player more than him.

Ever since he signed a contract the very first time years ago, people were already mentioning his name in the contest. Again, he gets signed and people are crowning him the dunk champ. He goes to the D-League and people are hopping he gets signed solely so he can be in the dunk contest.

Shit, he even has a commercial sponsoring a shoe for a contest he hadn't even entered yet. This company was willing to sign him on the faith that he'd win, he didn't.

Some are saying he just missed.

I don't think so.

I think he more than just missed. I think the first miss may have been just that mixed with some nerves. But after the 2nd miss, that's when the nerves kicked in and the pressure of expectations rose with every attempt. I think Green felt the pressure on the 2nd miss of his dunk.

B-Low
02-17-2013, 01:21 AM
I felt really, really bad for him because everyone who knows who he is, knows he can do those dunks 6 days of the week out of 7. It was one of those instances where you almost gotta look away cuz its uncomfortable to watch.

The thing that pissed me off the most though, was seeing LeBron falling over and running around in circles, laughing at him for missing. STFU Bron at least he has the balls to go out there at 30 and try.

PP34Deuce
02-17-2013, 01:22 AM
He can still fly high. I noticed his feet kept shuffling bad which was a sign of hesitation which meant nervousness to me.

He bumbled the ball tryng to dribble so many times. White will always have a place in Euro ball leagues. He lost confidence and you could see it.

Noob Saibot
02-17-2013, 01:24 AM
I felt really, really bad for him because everyone who knows who he is, knows he can do those dunks 6 days of the week out of 7. It was one of those instances where you almost gotta look away cuz its uncomfortable to watch.

The thing that pissed me off the most though, was seeing LeBron falling over and running around in circles, laughing at him for missing. STFU Bron at least he has the balls to go out there at 30 and try.

^LeBron being a douche as always.

andgar923
02-17-2013, 01:29 AM

You could tell Kenny felt bad for him as well. As usual, Chuck didn't care which was funny tho. Some of the player's looked awkward and felt for the dude. It really was kinda sad in many ways.

RIP White's career/legacy

After all these years at the age of 30 he has his only chance, and he lost it.

PP34Deuce
02-17-2013, 01:33 AM
You could tell Kenny felt bad for him as well. As usual, Chuck didn't care which was funny tho. Some of the player's looked awkward and felt for the dude. It really was kinda sad in many ways.

RIP White's career/legacy

After all these years at the age of 30 he has his only chance, and he lost it.

At 30 he has made millions off jumping high. It may sting for now but everyone knows the guy can sky high.

I dont feel bad for a guy who has maintained longevity in a basketball career.

dbk123
02-17-2013, 01:34 AM
Lol at you guys saying white's whole career will be a failure from this point on. Hes finally back in the league, on a championship caliber team making millions playing basketball. Sounds pretty good to me.

B-Low
02-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Lol at you guys saying white's whole career will be a failure from this point on. Hes finally back in the league, on a championship caliber team making millions playing basketball. Sounds pretty good to me.

Oh shit did he get traded in the last 2 hours?

L.Kizzle
02-17-2013, 01:36 AM
At 30 he has made millions off jumping high. It may sting for now but everyone knows the guy can sky high.

I dont feel bad for a guy who has maintained longevity in a basketball career.
I doubt he's made millions. He's spent most of his career in the D-League and various teams overseas. He's played a total of 33 NBA games since 2006 for a grand total of 119 points.

dbk123
02-17-2013, 01:38 AM
yo if the heat never existed they would make the finals

andgar923
02-17-2013, 01:50 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

The whole point is, his entire identity was associated with being a dunker. That's who he is, what he's been.

He's the Richard Simmons of the basketball world.

But he failed in the biggest moment of his life, yeah I said life not career. Unfortunately for most of these athletes they're life revolves around their sport, for him it was reaching this moment.

We may not understand because for the most part, our lives aren't conditioned towards a specific moment or purpose. He was conditioned to be the NBA Slam Dunk contest winner since he was a junior in high school. Thnk about that. Since he was a junior in high school all everybody associated with him was winning the dunk contest, all day every day by anybody that knew who he was.

And he choked.

dbk123
02-17-2013, 01:56 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

The whole point is, his entire identity was associated with being a dunker. That's who he is, what he's been.

He's the Richard Simmons of the basketball world.

But he failed in the biggest moment of his life, yeah I said life not career. Unfortunately for most of these athletes they're life revolves around their sport, for him it was reaching this moment.

We may not understand because for the most part, our lives aren't conditioned towards a specific moment or purpose. He was conditioned to be the NBA Slam Dunk contest winner since he was a junior in high school. Thnk about that. Since he was a junior in high school all everybody associated with him was winning the dunk contest, all day every day by anybody that knew who he was.

And he choked.
lol most casual fans didnt even know who he was. Its not that big of a deal

andgar923
02-17-2013, 02:05 AM

Of course not casual fans, but there's still millions that do know him.

DMV2
02-17-2013, 02:15 AM
I agree. He's more known with the And 1, street hoops community. I guess it was just meant to be that he choked on the NBA level.

InfiniteBaskets
02-17-2013, 02:23 AM
I doubt he's made millions. He's spent most of his career in the D-League and various teams overseas. He's played a total of 33 NBA games since 2006 for a grand total of 119 points.

He's scheduled to make 1.7 million from the Knicks alone.
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-knicks/james-white/

And he was paid 1.1 million from the Pacers back when they drafted him.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/james-white-71/

That's not counting whatever money he made when he played in Italy, which was prob close to a million for those few years.

stax
02-17-2013, 07:53 AM
I have nothing to add, andgar and Rake already said it.

Those millions of dollars he has or doesn't have (plus a ring with the '07 Spurs - he played six games) can't buy a win in the dunk contest. Life is all about those priceless moments that can't be bought.

Screamingdoom
02-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Can he go in it again next year?

HylianNightmare
02-17-2013, 08:51 AM
So hummed for the dude ill always remember his great dunks even in the set

BrickingStar
02-17-2013, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=andgar923]I feel bad for him.

His entire life was geared for this moment. He's been training his entire life to make it to the NBA Dunk Contest. Everybody in the world just knew that he would win it, because well

Shade8780
02-17-2013, 09:54 AM
I expected this Dunk Contest to be an all-time great, where it's a Green vs White showdown. I was really wrong...The final round was sick though with Ross and Evans.

Mr Exlax
02-17-2013, 11:52 AM
http://i.minus.com/iic2SsuNSnUpN.gif

Hey why is that dude so close up on KG? It looks weird.

Rake2204
02-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Let's not go overboard the guys a millionaire and could go bang some hoes right now to get overboard. There's a lot of things more important than an overrated dunk contest where it will be forgotten in a few days if not today for casual fans/media.There are in fact more important things in life than competing in a dunk contest watched by millions, but I'm not sure banging hoes and having $800,000 in career NBA earnings (alongside whatever else he made overseas, which is not guaranteed to be a ton) is an absolute cure-all.

Having the professional career White's had up to this point is not necessarily as glamorous as we like to think it is. Considering there's still a lot of multi-millionaires who struggle to find happiness, I'm not sure White's got it all made in the shade.

I mean, there's still random times where I think about moments in my meaningless basketball career where I wish things could have gone differently. I imagine those feelings of regret would absolutely skyrocket if my failings were watched by millions during my one chance to shine on the big state.

OhNoTimNoSho
02-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Its like he was smelling his daughters hair , and then realised the camera is on him

20Four
02-17-2013, 01:27 PM
James White didnt lose his hops....he was probably just nervous.....did you see him shuffling his feet when he was running? Usually things like that don't happen to him....but you can tell he still does have his hops

20Four
02-17-2013, 01:35 PM
You guys think he lost his hops?? Didn't look like it to me....if you see the 2 handed freethrow line...he put it behind his head....still and had more room to grow....I think it was his nerves what do you guys think

memetherapy
02-17-2013, 02:35 PM
He surely lost some of his hops... but the dude can clearly still fly from further out than anyone. He was clearly nervous...feet shuffling, hesitating and mis-handling the ball

huge choke job

Ross was nice though

DuMa
02-17-2013, 02:45 PM

Hes the security guard. Hes sitting sideways facing the empty aisle behind KG's seat.

20Four
02-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Doesnt look like he lost his hops....everyone of those misses were not misses because he was losing air...... the ball just didn't go in....nerves