PDA

View Full Version : Joakim Noah uses a 2-hand set shot like 1950's players

CavaliersFTW
02-17-2013, 11:58 PM
I've seen him do it the last 3 games I've watched of his and he just attempted one in this all star game. Just goes to show that no matter how unsexy a shot, the bottom line is to put the ball in the hoop, and I haven't seen anyone get near blocking his set shot either. So, at least one player in 2013 is still rocking a 50's 2 hand set shot! :rockon: :lol

P.S. somebody should gif it

gengiskhan
02-18-2013, 12:08 AM
I've seen him do it the last 3 games I've watched of his and he just attempted one in this all star game. Just goes to show that no matter how unsexy a shot, the bottom line is to put the ball in the hoop, and I haven't seen anyone get near blocking his set shot either. So, at least one player in 2013 is still rocking a 50's 2 hand set shot! :rockon: :lol

P.S. somebody should gif it

Noah is nothing.

You should've seen Bill Cartwright!

the guy used a "STONE AGE" Jumpshot style!

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-18-2013, 12:10 AM
They don't try to block it because it's the ASG and they know it's going to miss.

TaLvsCuaL
02-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Sometimes it's better to work on your own way of doing things, rather than strictly following the tradition. Many of the best shooters in history had unorthodox shooting mechanics.

no pun intended
02-18-2013, 12:25 AM
Noah is nothing.

You should've seen Bill Cartwright!

the guy used a "STONE AGE" Jumpshot style!
Camby's inspiration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__mLRAO_eAg

CavaliersFTW
02-18-2013, 12:32 AM
They don't try to block it because it's the ASG and they know it's going to miss.
In 2 other actual games this season I've watched him put up a 2 hand set, and both of those times he actually made it - so it's not just an ASG thing. Don't know if he gets the shot defended heavily most of the time or not, I'm just saying I've seen him put up a 2-hand set shot 3 times so I'm guessing it's no fluke, and that he actually has a 2-hand set incorporated into his game. It's interesting, because it's the kind of shot most fans would watch in a 50's game and say "that shot wouldn't work today". When really, at least one player is still using it relatively effectively. It's definitely an ugly shot compared to the jump shot, and it's slower to release, but hey if it still gets the ball to fall in the hoop in 2013 than it still works!

nightprowler10
02-18-2013, 12:37 AM
He takes that shot with relative frequency. I'd say he makes it 50% of the time. He usually only takes it when he's wide open though.

02-18-2013, 11:29 AM
He may make some but it's not a shot his opponents will respect. Noah is not a threat as a scorer.

CavaliersFTW
03-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Just noticed Brook Lopez shoots set shots, one or two handed he doesn't jump at all when he shoots

Trentknicks
03-09-2014, 09:21 PM
72% from the FT line? Maybe Noah's arc isn't as successful as we have been led to believe :roll: