PDA

View Full Version : Why is Michael Jordan considered an A-Hole off the court?

stallionaire
02-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Not talking about how cocky he was on the court, he could talk as much smack as he wanted there. He's the greatest.

But beyond Chamillionaire's anecdote about his run in with MJ, what are other true stories of how MJ behaves off the court? Both back in the day and today.

tmacattack33
02-18-2013, 08:31 PM
His Hall of Fame speech was beyond ridiculous.

"I just wanted to let you know, you made a mistake, dude"...talking about his high school coach who didn't pick him his freshman year or whatever.

I was entertained, but it was ridiculous.

KyrieTheFuture
02-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Do you mean with teammates or the general public?

stallionaire
02-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Do you mean with teammates or the general public?
anything

NBASTATMAN
02-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Not talking about how cocky he was on the court, he could talk as much smack as he wanted there. He's the greatest.

But beyond Chamillionaire's anecdote about his run in with MJ, what are other true stories of how MJ behaves off the court? Both back in the day and today.

Big fan of his basketball exploits but MJ has some serious problems coping with real life. Dude has lost some of his marbles.. :lol

BrickingStar
02-18-2013, 08:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4ZQERHL6ow

KyrieTheFuture
02-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Off the top of my head he's punched teammates and my least favorite quote from him was one of his teammates was picking up tickets for his family to watch him play and he said no one wants to watch you sit on the bench or something similar in that regard

Segatti
02-18-2013, 08:43 PM

I worked for Michael Jordan at the 23 sports cafe in Mohegan Sun and he is the biggest piece of shit. We were not allowed to look him or his guests in the eyes. His closed the restaurant down, we worked for 5.65 an hour, no tips, and were not allowed to speak to him or anyone in his party. Charles Oakley was the only one who was polite, asked me where the restroom was & when he said thank you, he dapped me up, and I felt paper in my hand, I waited a moment, walked in the back, & he gave me $100

Lol that's horrible

LikeABosh
02-18-2013, 08:44 PM
He's the greatest competitor off all time, you have to be an asshole to be like that.

tmacattack33
02-18-2013, 08:44 PM

:oldlol:

That's a classic.

Money 23
02-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Jordan isn't as bad the rep he gets.

atljonesbro
02-18-2013, 08:48 PM
MJ is a sh1t head. Kobe may not be as good as him but at least he isn't an awful human being like MJ. I'm gonna hate reading all the 35-40 who will never believe michael would do anything bad because he's their childhood hero. Or all the Bulls homers who will defend him to the death.

I respect Kobe 1000000x more than MJ. MJ is SOOOO LUCKY he didn't play in the internet era.

LikeABosh
02-18-2013, 08:49 PM
MJ is a sh1t head. Kobe may not be as good as him but at least he isn't an awful human being like MJ. I'm gonna hate reading all the 35-40 who will never believe michael would do anything bad because he's their childhood hero. Or all the Bulls homers who will defend him to the death.

I respect Kobe 1000000x more than MJ.
asshole>rapist

atljonesbro
02-18-2013, 08:50 PM
asshole>rapist
:cry: :cry:

You're so insecure about LeBron.

LikeABosh
02-18-2013, 08:50 PM
:cry: :cry:

You're so insecure about LeBron.
Pretty sure your the one insecure about something because Lebron has nothing to do with this :oldlol:

jstern
02-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Because of out of context quotes.

I always saw Michael Jordan as a likes to hang out and goof around on each other type of guys, but people who are not familiar with his personality takes his quotes seriously.

atljonesbro
02-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Pretty sure your the one insecure about something because Lebron has nothing to do with this :oldlol:

Heat "fan"

diamenz
02-18-2013, 08:52 PM
i ran into mj at a public restroom once and he got mad because i was peaking for his size. what a jerk.

bmd
02-18-2013, 08:53 PM
I met Mike once. This was like 3 years ago, and I was in Chicago visiting family, and we went out to eat one night. I don't even remember the name of the restaurant. But it was me, and two of my cousins. Anyway, we get to the restaurant, and Michael Jordan was walking in with a mini entourage just as we were. We were like holy shit that's Michael Jordan.

So my cousin walks up to him and is like yo Mike, can we get a picture? Then Mike was like "say one more word and everybody in this restaurant is getting raped". We were like... wtf? So my cousin is like "... umm... what?" And Mike is like "I told you, mother****er", and that's when he snapped his fingers and a black tinted out Chevrolet Colorado pulls up and out hops Kobe Bryant. We were like WTF is going on? And Kobe sprints into the restaurant and just rips off his warmup pants, and he has nothing on underneath, and he starts raping everybody.

He was running from table to table just raping everything in sight, busting nuts everywhere. The entire restaurant was covered in so much c.um that I was fearful the walls were going to cave in due to the excessive moisture. It looked like the Jolly Green Giant's bottle of Elmer's glue exploded. It was serious.

He could have just said no...

LikeABosh
02-18-2013, 08:53 PM

Heat "fan"
Yea because it's not possible for me to be a Heat fan before joining ISH

LikeABosh
02-18-2013, 08:54 PM
I met Mike once. This was like 3 years ago, and I was in Chicago visiting family, and we went out to eat one night. I don't even remember the name of the restaurant. But it was me, and two of my cousins. Anyway, we get to the restaurant, and Michael Jordan was walking in with a mini entourage just as we were. We were like holy shit that's Michael Jordan.

So my cousin walks up to him and is like yo Mike, can we get a picture? Then Mike was like "say one more word and everybody in this restaurant is getting raped". We were like... wtf? So my cousin is like "... umm... what?" And Mike is like "I told you, mother****er", and that's when he snapped his fingers and a black tinted out Chevrolet Colorado pulls up and out hops Kobe Bryant. We were like WTF is going on? And Kobe sprints into the restaurant and just rips off his warmup pants, and he has nothing on underneath, and he starts raping everybody.

He was running from table to table just raping everything in sight, busting nuts everywhere. The entire restaurant was covered in so much *** that I was fearful the walls were going to cave in due to the excessive moisture. It looked like the Jolly Green Giant's bottle of Elmer's glue exploded. It was serious.

10/10 would read again

SpecialQue
02-18-2013, 08:55 PM

He was running from table to table just raping everything in sight, busting nuts everywhere. The entire restaurant was covered in so much c.um that I was fearful the walls were going to cave in due to the excessive moisture. It looked like the Jolly Green Giant's bottle of Elmer's glue exploded. It was serious.

So no picture?

jstern
02-18-2013, 08:57 PM

I was starting to not like Jordan too much.

NumberSix
I met Michael Jordan once. Would you believe what I discovered? There is no Michael Jordan. Only Bruce Blitz in disguise.

atljonesbro
Yea because it's not possible for me to be a Heat fan before joining ISH
You were a heat fan when LeBron and Bosh joined the team. So you are a band wagoner and will root for whatever team has the best roster. Before that you were probably Celtics fan when they formed the big 3, a Lakers fan in the Kobe/Shaq era, a spurs fan whenever they were winning ships too. That's just how you are.

LikeABosh
02-18-2013, 09:00 PM
You were a heat fan when LeBron and Bosh joined the team. So you are a band wagoner and will root for whatever team has the best roster. Before that you were probably Celtics fan when they formed the big 3, a Lakers fan in the Kobe/Shaq era, a spurs fan whenever they were winning ships too. That's just how you are.
:oldlol: This is ridiculous now. How do you have so much insite into my fandom? I've been a Heat fan since moving to Miami in 03', this is a fact and I really could care less if you believe it or not.

jstern
02-18-2013, 09:01 PM
I think he's a good guy because of the way he acknowledges the guy in this video

http://nba.si.com/2012/11/14/michael-jordan-dunk/

and also because of the way he acknowledges the interviewer who got pushed out by CBS in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbLEoLfiAPc

Letting him know that he remembers, etc.

winwin
what's with MJ hate threads from Lebrick prostitutes these days?

tmacattack33

So what, maybe he's just a big fan of NBA Champions :oldlol:

Blingster
02-18-2013, 09:03 PM
Lemme play devils advocate..

You are the best basketball in the world. You are known world wide, one of the most marketable faces in the world.

Everywhere you go, everything you do, everything you say is under a microscope. Whenever you are not in a controlled environment such as your business (restaurants, car dealerships, ect) every and their second brothers cousin wants to talk to you.. Jordan is now 50 years old. For 30 years he has had to deal with this type of celebrity status.

Now; I know some will say that he has done this for so long. he should be used to it by now. At what point is it ok to say enough? I think back to the Eminem song " I can't take a shit in bathroom with out someone standing by it" This is true to the nth degree. Give the guy some slack.

Let this be a lesson to all the kiddos..

Don't try to meet your idols! chances are they are assholes, they will totally ruin your perception of them. In my case, Allen Iverson .

I'm not saying that it's ok to be this way, but I understand.

arifgokcen
02-18-2013, 09:03 PM
Because he is the one of the biggest douches in basketball history.

what's with MJ hate threads from Lebrick prostitutes these days?
This has nothing to do with lebron.

atljonesbro
02-18-2013, 09:04 PM
:oldlol: This is ridiculous now. How do you have so much insite into my fandom? I've been a Heat fan since moving to Miami in 03', this is a fact and I really could care less if you believe it or not.
That's how 95% of Heat "fans" are. The odds aren't really in your favor. Seeing you joined just after the Heat championship too doesn't help your case either. When LeBron goes back to Cleveland in 2014 you'll leave with him, I guarantee that.

LikeABosh
02-18-2013, 09:06 PM
That's how 95% of Heat "fans" are. The odds aren't really in your favor. Seeing you joined just after the Heat championship too doesn't help your case either. When LeBron goes back to Cleveland in 2014 you'll leave with him, I guarantee that.
Whatever, like I said, I don't have a "case" to prove. I don't about the Heat fans that are bandwagoners, but I know I'm not one of them. I was never even a Lebron fan before he came to Miami. I respected him but I always thought he took the spotlight from Wade all those years. Like I said, think what you want though.

BrickingStar
02-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Registration for the site opened on june again.

Heavincent
02-18-2013, 09:07 PM

I'd probably tell Chamillionaire to **** off too.

Blingster
02-18-2013, 09:09 PM

Not that I don't agree about the bandwagon Heat fans.. (Not saying NotaBosh is one of them). But isn't it somewhat common to follow your favorite player from team to team ? I know I actually rooted for the Wizards once.

tmacattack33
02-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Lemme play devils advocate..

You are the best basketball in the world. You are known world wide, one of the most marketable faces in the world.

Everywhere you go, everything you do, everything you say is under a microscope. Whenever you are not in a controlled environment such as your business (restaurants, car dealerships, ect) every and their second brothers cousin wants to talk to you.. Jordan is now 50 years old. For 30 years he has had to deal with this type of celebrity status.

Now; I know some will say that he has done this for so long. he should be used to it by now. At what point is it ok to say enough? I think back to the Eminem song " I can't take a shit in bathroom with out someone standing by it" This is true to the nth degree. Give the guy some slack.

Let this be a lesson to all the kiddos..

Don't try to meet your idols! chances are they are assholes, they will totally ruin your perception of them. In my case, Allen Iverson .

I'm not saying that it's ok to be this way, but I understand.

Maybe.

Maybe it is normal to act this way if you are a huge celebrity who is constantly harrased.

So the best way to judge him is to compare him to other celebs. And I don't here this stuff about Magic or Bird...or Jerry Rice or Barry Sanders...or Will Smith or Tom Cruise.

SpecialQue
02-18-2013, 09:12 PM
The thing to remember is that 99% of celebrities are pieces of shit. Usually, they HAVE to be. Imagine if you had to be polite to every single person who pesters you?

That said, Jordan was a scumbag with regard to how he treated his teammates. He's probably the Donald Trump of the NBA. Ridiculously successful at what he does, but just pure dogshit as a human being.

mentallooser
02-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Yes, he's probably a dick. He's an ultra competitor with an enormous ego and would likely think little of the wants or needs of other people. It's one of the qualities that made him so great. That and having pretty much every single person for the last 30 years ask for his autograph and want to be his friend has to be irritating. So yea, I can imagine he's a dick.

I love to watch him play, who he is off the court is irrelevant to me.

dazzer87
02-18-2013, 09:14 PM
asshole>rapist
this.

KingMichael23
02-18-2013, 10:45 PM
this.
That's not rape. C'mon now. She never said "no."

Djahjaga
02-18-2013, 11:27 PM
I think he's a good guy because of the way he acknowledges the guy in this video

http://nba.si.com/2012/11/14/michael-jordan-dunk/

and also because of the way he acknowledges the interviewer who got pushed out by CBS in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbLEoLfiAPc

Letting him know that he remembers, etc.

Not to be a d*ck, but cameras were around him in both of those instances. Not to mention that "helping" out the photographer helped further his own legend.

LONGTIME
02-18-2013, 11:33 PM
He's the greatest competitor off all time, you have to be an asshole to be like that.

:rolleyes:

Ol Dirty Bastard
02-19-2013, 02:39 AM
Michael Jordan wouldn't sign my pair of III's

DuMa
02-19-2013, 02:45 AM
He simply doesnt care about kissing up to the public eye anymore. He doesnt have much to lose. His legacy is set in stone. Theres nothing he can do outside of a felony to destroy it.

This is the real Michael Jordan. and He can be free to express himself. Douche or not, I find it hilarious. He truly just doesnt give a damn.

Da KO King
02-19-2013, 02:52 AM
He's a douche, doesn't make him any less a ball player though.

Euroleague
02-19-2013, 01:02 PM
He's considered an a-hole off the court because he is an a-hole. Seriously, Jordan is clearly one of the most arrogant douche bags around.

caliman
02-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Just the fact that he allows his security team to call him Yahweh makes him an a-hole.

Lebron23
06-04-2020, 02:11 AM
Off the top of my head he's punched teammates and my least favorite quote from him was one of his teammates was picking up tickets for his family to watch him play and he said no one wants to watch you sit on the bench or something similar in that regard

Damn

FKAri
06-04-2020, 04:29 PM
I honestly haven't seen anything too damning about MJ's a-holeness. It's competitiveness ruthlessness and the typical celebrity diva stuff but that's about it.

Ironically, if the patrons had just said yes to Kobe, this whole snafu could've been avoided.

Bronbron23
06-04-2020, 05:22 PM

Bruh you can just tell hes an jerk. He has no humility what so ever which is fine btw. I dont need my favorite players to be good human beings. To answer your question though. He embarrassed his wife and jeopardized his family by cheating on her with multiple woman some of who were escorts and porn stars. There was the whole Republicans where jordan too thing. He punched multiple teammates in the face. He snitched on his teammates in the last dance. His hall of fame speech was full of him being petty and a jerk.

Do i have to continue?

Norcaliblunt
06-04-2020, 05:26 PM
People who create all these delusions of being slighted in their head and always have something to prove to everyone are assholes.

tpols
06-04-2020, 05:28 PM
MJ is a legit sociopath. I'm watching his docs and interviews from the 90s and he was so calm, soft spoken, slow and articulate.

You could feel the overwhelming diplomacy in his tone.

First time he ever talked to iverson he said "whats up you little bitch". (along with countless other stories)

i feel like what the media projected vs what was true beneath were totally different things.

Norcaliblunt
06-04-2020, 05:33 PM
MJ is a legit sociopath. I'm watching his docs and interviews from the 90s and he was so calm, soft spoken, slow and articulate.

You could feel the overwhelming diplomacy in his tone.

First time he ever talked to iverson he said "whats up you little bitch". (along with countless other stories)

i feel like what the media projected vs what was true beneath were totally different things.

There is no reason to like Jordan, Kobe, or Lebron beyond what they could do on a basketball court. They are all completely contrived media protected personalities. Who the hell would want to hang out with any of these dudes?

tpols
06-04-2020, 05:39 PM
There is no reason to like Jordan, Kobe, or Lebron beyond what they could do on a basketball court. They are all completely contrived media protected personalities. Who the hell would want to hang out with any of these dudes?

Kobe was realer than Jordan. He was a bit of a dick, but everybody knew it. He didn't front.

And tbh, he seemed really cool off the court. He wasnt a degenerate gambler or drinker like mike. His only vice was basketball.

Lebron is a cringy SJW. and huge narcissist who pretends to be the good guy. We can at least agree on that.

light
06-04-2020, 05:42 PM

Endless anecdotes.

More recently, he ghosted Charles Barkley. Out of the blue. BFFs one day, but ghosted the next and they haven't spoken in 8 years. Chuck had the audacity to criticize Jordan as an executive.

Just dumb sh-t like that. Jordan is a child. Developmentally stunted. He's still the bully on the playground that can dish it but can't take it.