PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Brewer traded to the OKC Thunder

bagelred
02-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Check that, it is OKC's 2014 second-round pick going to New York in the Ronnie Brewer trade.

Darnell Mayberry ‏@DarnellMayberry
Thunder sending Knicks a future second-round pick for Brewer.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Knicks send Ronnie Brewer to Thunder for second-round pick, league source confirms.

Lame. Once again, Knicks get nothing in a trade.

Shade8780
02-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Whoa

brandonislegend
02-21-2013, 04:22 PM
In.

Did they do this cause harden tapped that ass last night? Hahahaha

maybeshewill13
02-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Don't be a ****ing clown. Maynor didn't even playlist night and Brewer wouldn't have changed shit. Terrible troll :sleeping

KG215
Yes, they overreacted to a game where one player went off, and made a trade for Ronnie Brewer. It makes perfect sense.

Fudge
Holy shit... Nice.

Budadiiii
02-21-2013, 04:25 PM
:applause:

KG215
02-21-2013, 04:30 PM
I have no idea what this does for us. He's basically Sefolosha (defensive stopper) without a jumper.

bagelred
02-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Apparently, Knicks get OKC's 2013 2nd round pick. But the only 2nd round pick OKC has is Charlotte's!!!

:eek:

WOO HOO!!!!!31st pick, here we come!!!!! :banana: :banana:

kmart
02-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Salary dump, because they have Iman.

Burgz V2
02-21-2013, 04:48 PM
I have no idea what this does for us. He's basically Sefolosha (defensive stopper) without a jumper.

i thought it was obvious, an extra defender for the playoffs, who actually has a lot of playoff experience. At an extremely low price. Even if he rots at the end of the bench he expires at the end of the year.

IGotACoolStory
02-21-2013, 04:56 PM
He's worth more than a second round pick, even as a rental.

Y2Gezee
02-21-2013, 04:58 PM
If the Knicks needed to find a roster spot, it should've been someone else. Bad move.

You've got the Pacers, Heat, Nets with perimeter threats, and you trade a good defender like Brewer? He really should've been playing.

Cut James White, not Brewer. They haven't been able to stop anyone on the perimeter basically since he's been sitting, and they get rid of him?

It is good that they will at least be able to bring in another big.

A guy like Kenyon would be good there.

percolator
02-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Apparently, Knicks get OKC's 2013 2nd round pick. But the only 2nd round pick OKC has is Charlotte's!!!

:eek:

WOO HOO!!!!!31st pick, here we come!!!!! :banana: :banana:

That would have been nice, but it's OKC's 2014 2nd rounder

Basketbolero
02-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Alright move by OKC. His lack of shooting range will prevent him from getting important minutes but he should strenghten that 2nd unit. Unlike what many think, he is not a defensive stopper (his 1on1 d is just above average in my opinion) but is very active on D and has quick hands. On offense, he plays well off the ball and makes good reads.

Knicks weren't a good fit for him and even though he was given plenty of chances he never seemed to find his game.

chazzy
02-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Nice defender off the bench when Thabo's off the floor

Y2Gezee
02-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Brewer was a nice piece for the Knicks. Should've been used more in the 2nd unit honestly.

However, the Knicks style is if you aren't able to hit the 3...you prevent them from being able to take advantage of Melo at the 4.

If OKC figures out how to incorporate him into the offense, should be a good move.

He could really help vs teams like LAC and MIA

iDunk
02-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Ronnie Brewer is horrible, guys. He can't shoot, can't dribble, can't finish, & has lost whatever athleticism he had. He started the year off well for us, but then his ability to play basketball just disappeared.

I'm glad we got a 2nd round pick in a deep 2014 draft even though its going to be in the 55-60 range. Never know who you can pick up. The bigger thing is now we'll have an open roster spot for K-Mart!

Budadiiii
02-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Ronnie Brewer is horrible, guys. He can't shoot, can't dribble, can't finish, & has lost whatever athleticism he had. He started the year off well for us, but then his ability to play basketball just disappeared.

I'm glad we got a 2nd round pick in a deep 2014 draft even though its going to be in the 55-60 range. Never know who you can pick up. The bigger thing is now we'll have an open roster spot for K-Mart!
That's what they said about Hasheem before he miraculously turned into the best center in the league...

Thunder culture > Knicks culture

Brewer will prosper with his new role in a healthy environment.

jimmy77x
02-21-2013, 05:36 PM
That's what they said about Hasheem before he miraculously turned into the best center in the league...

Thunder culture > Knicks culture

Brewer will prosper with his new role in a healthy environment.

2ppg/2rpg is this a joke :lol

bagelred
02-21-2013, 05:36 PM

Hate to say it, but kind of agree. I can't even remember what Brewer was good at. I'd rather have James White out there instead of of Brewer. White is more athletic, ability to score, and can probably play defense just as good as Brewer at this point.

Shade8780
02-21-2013, 05:48 PM
2ppg/2rpg is this a joke :lol
Dont feed the troll! Budadiiii is one

Budadiiii
02-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Dont feed the troll! Budadiiii is one
Coming from the guy with a red bar means absolutely nothing to me. I post facts/logic. Since when is facts and logic trolling? Since your bitch ass got butthurt over Rondo tearing his ACL? Obviously you have something against me.

Burgz V2
02-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Coming from the guy with a red bar means absolutely nothing to me. I post facts/logic. Since when is facts and logic trolling? Since your bitch ass got butthurt over Rondo tearing his ACL? Obviously you have something against me.

dude, nobody cares.

Budadiiii
02-21-2013, 06:16 PM
dude, nobody cares.
But you care enough to reply? Ok. http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/images/smilies/new6-05/jackoff.gif

Burgz V2
02-21-2013, 06:17 PM
But you care enough to reply? Ok. http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/images/smilies/new6-05/jackoff.gif

confirmed. you are 5 years old.

moving along.

iDunk
02-21-2013, 06:35 PM
So the Knicks got K-Mart & a 2014 2nd rounder for Ronnie Brewer today.

http://i45.tinypic.com/luyp4.gif

Patrick Chewing
02-21-2013, 07:48 PM
So the Knicks got K-Mart & a 2014 2nd rounder for Ronnie Brewer today.

http://i45.tinypic.com/luyp4.gif

:applause:

andremiller07
02-21-2013, 08:23 PM
The only reason for this move is maybe an extra guy to defend Lebron IF they make it to the finals. But didn't they have Liggins for that before he got injured plus Liggins can shoot better. Imo they would have been better off trying to get someone like Pendagraph from Indiana to play back up C/PF imo he could have helped them a lot.

bdreason
02-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Brewer isn't an NBA player anymore. He was a defensive energy guy, and now he's lost his athleticism. Every minute he plays, the Thunder get worse. It's like the Thunder are trying to make winning the title more difficult with every move they make.

KG215
02-22-2013, 12:41 AM
Brewer isn't an NBA player anymore. He was a defensive energy guy, and now he's lost his athleticism. Every minute he plays, the Thunder get worse. It's like the Thunder are trying to make winning the title more difficult with every move they make.
You're right. That 2014 2nd rounder they gave up was the key to them winning it all this year or next year. Trading away their 3rd string PG who only got minutes in mop-up duty really hurts their title chances.

bdreason
02-22-2013, 12:55 AM
You're right. That 2014 2nd rounder they gave up was the key to them winning it all this year or next year. Trading away their 3rd string PG who only got minutes in mop-up duty really hurts their title chances.

Keeping Harden was the key to them winning titles. Doesn't mean they should continue to make bad moves. At this point it's Westbrick and Durant or bust... because it's obvious OKC isn't willing to spend to add more pieces.

The Heat are going to have the same decision in a year, when they start getting hit with the repeater tax. Does the owner risks profits to add the needed pieces to win a championship? Or does he strip the roster and hope the Big 3 can get it done alone?

Memphis had the same decision this year, and they decided to avoid the luxury while trading away any chance they had at a title. For me, it's actually sad to see small market teams break up possible contenders for money reasons. The new CBA really hasn't increased parity, it's just insured profitability for small markets because teams like the Lakers are going to have to pay $85 million in luxury taxes. :oldlol:

DuMa
02-22-2013, 01:04 AM
they still dont have that front court personnel to give heat problems in the finals. major fail

KG215
02-22-2013, 01:06 AM
Keeping Harden was the key to them winning titles. Doesn't mean they should continue to make bad moves. At this point it's Westbrick and Durant or bust... because it's obvious OKC isn't willing to spend to add more pieces.
It's obvious? How is it obvious? Because they didn't make some blockbuster trade to add a low post scoring threat? You do realize the biggest trade of the day was J.J. Redick going to the Bucks, right?

For the umpteen thousandth time....the OKC ownership group was willing to take the big tax hit to keep Harden, Presti wasn't. Not because he's cheap or not willing to spend the money, but because he's preached sustaining longterm success. Had they kept Harden, they'd basically have all of their cap room tied up in 4 players for the next 3-4 years. That means you're rotating different vets for the minimum, rookies, and other 2nd or 3rd year players not good enough to stick on their original team. Yes, in the short team it looks like OKC got worse, but in the long term who knows? It's still too early to tell. Presti felt not offering Harden more money and keeping him gave them a better chance to add more depth and improve their roster and afford them a better chance of sustaining longterm success. Not because he's cheap or unwilling to spend money.

KG215
02-22-2013, 01:08 AM
they still dont have that front court personnel to give heat problems in the finals. major fail
What the hell were they supposed to do? Give up all their assets for someone who may just be a 4-5 month rental?

Droid101
02-22-2013, 01:12 AM
Presti felt not offering Harden more money and keeping him gave them a better chance to add more depth and improve their roster and afford them a better chance of sustaining longterm success. Not because he's cheap or unwilling to spend money.
Except that's not really the case. Because they are signing Ibaka for pretty big money, they still don't have flexibility to bring in anyone of note.

If they kept Harden and Ibaka (putting them way into luxury tax territory) they'd be a force for 3+ years. Nobody in the West could stop them.

They decided money was more important. End of story.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8573213/the-harden-disaster

Thank God they traded Harden. He scared the hell out of me. We couldn't stop him from getting to the rim. We can beat them now.

Anytime a trade inspires celebrations from your biggest rival, that's never a good thing … right? That's why I thought Oklahoma City should have rolled the Harden dilemma over to the following summer (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8486795/the-harden-dilemma), waited for someone else's four-year, $60 million restricted offer, matched it, then either traded Serge Ibaka (getting paid like an All-Star when he's not there yet) or amnestied the overpriced Perkins (who simply can't stay healthy).

Clifton
02-22-2013, 02:04 AM
Keeping Harden was the key to them winning titles.
What the heck?

When has a guy like Harden EVER been essential to winning a title? He's a ball-dominant scorer-creator and nothing else on a team built around two other guys who are also ball-dominant scorer-creators, and who are better than him.

Remember the Finals? How often he got the ball?

There was no room for him on this team. They got rid of him and there they are, not one bit worse, for all to see.