PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Rockets Going After 'free agent' Dwight Howards in Summer

gengiskhan
02-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Thats the word out there!

$20 million already freed up under space cap. Rockets can sign Dwight easily.

Fully recovered Dwight Howard is to be FIERCELY RECRUIDED by none other than Rockets legend HAKEEM OLAIJUWON, who will be offered a position of Assistant Coach next year.

Thats the inside breaking news.

Lakers Franchise is in trouble as Dr. Buss RIP & Kobe is turning 35 yrs old collecting $30 Million.

BKL Franchise is in trouble too as they dont have money to sign Dwight & east belongs to MIA as BKL will find tough to make it to finals with MIA in prime years.

West Conf. is wide open next yr. LAL & SAS getting old with only young franchise is OKC only one at contention but unpredictable because of outside scoring only.

HOUSTON is a guaranteed WC finalists next year. Even without Dwight!

With Dwight, HOUSTON will get to NBA Finals over OKC.

EnoughSaid
02-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Jeremy Lin, James Harden, Chandler Parsons, Thomas Robinson, Dwight Howard. DAMN. That's a crazy line up. If Dwight plays like he did in 2010-2011, I see this team being a legit contender. They might be able to take down Miami. :eek:

Jameerthefear
02-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Damn. Wonder how many Dwight Howards they'll get...

Derka
02-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Good luck with that.

YGS
02-21-2013, 07:48 PM
This is the oldest breaking newses ever.

Fudge
02-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Houston, we have a phagg0t, and it's the OP.

gengiskhan
02-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Good luck with that.

Hakeem's influence on Dwight is too much. He even goes to Houston in summer to develop his game.

Rockets have the ACE CARD.

Luck is needed for LAL & BKL.

Biggest loser here could be BKL because Dwight wants to play there.

If Dwight goes to Houston, I see Rondo ending up there making it MIAMI HEAT of the West

I believe Rockets can sign 2 Max contracts.

DuMa
02-21-2013, 07:55 PM
RECRUIDED

HAKEEM OLAIJUWON

ok

Lebron23
02-21-2013, 07:58 PM
http://dreallday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/dwight-hakeem.jpg

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/common/medialib/264/606258.jpg

http://abasketballjones.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Dwight-Howard-Rockets-Jersey.jpg

Levity
02-21-2013, 08:11 PM
please, oh please, dont recruid dwight!!!

A Roc 23
02-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Jeremy Lin, James Harden, Chandler Parsons, Thomas Robinson, Dwight Howard. DAMN. That's a crazy line up. If Dwight plays like he did in 2010-2011, I see this team being a legit contender. They might be able to take down Miami. :eek:

Is it just me or does anyone else think Patrick Patterson would be a MUCH better fit next to Dwight than Thomas Robinson? :confusedshrug:

Otherwise it's an awesome line up for Dwight to maximize his talents (assuming he still has some somewhere).

PrettyCool
02-21-2013, 08:16 PM
BREAKING NEWS

OP's a fagggot

Levity
02-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think Patrick Patterson would be a MUCH better fit next to Dwight than Thomas Robinson? :confusedshrug:

Otherwise it's an awesome line up for Dwight to maximize his talents (assuming he still has some somewhere).

i kind of agree, seeing that patterson spaces the floor better. But who knows what trob will bring to the rockets, seeing as he got very little burn with the kings. also, i think motiejunas fits well next to dwight.

Clifton
02-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Wow.

Dwight would be in a really healthy environment. Plus his coaches would be Hakeem and McHale, perhaps the two greatest offensive post players of all-time.

I would really like to see this.

They may have to sign and trade for him though, something like Parsons or Lin + Asik for Dwight. I could see Dwight being so stupid as to bankrupt the team he's going to in order to score an extra 20 or so mil.

But once he's there? A team full of great young guys and the perfect coaches for him. Yes that would be a title contender for sure.

G-train
02-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Houston, we have a phagg0t, and it's the OP.

it's original, I'll give you that

BlackVVaves
02-21-2013, 08:39 PM
That has to be one of the worst original posts I've ever s...

**notices OP's name**

Never mind. Just the norm.

bdreason
02-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Teaming up with Harden would be a great move for Dwight... if he's interested in winning.

Solid Snake
02-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Recruiding dem Howards.

mrpibb
02-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Realistically how would a team consisting of only Dwight Howards do?

Here's how it would look:

PG- Dwight Howard
SG- Dwight Howard
SF- Dwight Howard
PF- Dwight Howard
C- Dwight Howard

Does this team break the Bulls' single-season win record? Do they win 10 straight championships?

I predict they would win 75-82 games each year and most likely sweep the playoffs for about 8 years with Dwight Howard winning MVP and FMVP each year.

What are your expectations for a team constructed of only Dwight Howards?

d.bball.guy
02-21-2013, 10:00 PM

PG- Dwight Howard
SG- Dwight Howard
SF- Dwight Howard
PF- Dwight Howard
C- Dwight Howard

Does this team break the Bulls' single-season win record? Do they win 10 straight championships?

I predict they would win 75-82 games each year and most likely sweep the playoffs for about 8 years with Dwight Howard winning MVP and FMVP each year.

Plus you have Dwight Howard as your 6th man :eek: :eek:

RIP NBA

Levity
02-21-2013, 10:04 PM

PG- Dwight Howard
SG- Dwight Howard
SF- Dwight Howard
PF- Dwight Howard
C- Dwight Howard

300 free throw attempts a game.

mrpibb
02-21-2013, 10:05 PM
300 free throw attempts a game.

So about 60 points from the line in each game?

DMV2
02-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Wow.

Dwight would be in a really healthy environment. Plus his coaches would be Hakeem and McHale, perhaps the two greatest offensive post players of all-time.

I would really like to see this.

They may have to sign and trade for him though, something like Parsons or Lin + Asik for Dwight. I could see Dwight being so stupid as to bankrupt the team he's going to in order to score an extra 20 or so mil.

But once he's there? A team full of great young guys and the perfect coaches for him. Yes that would be a title contender for sure.
I thought a sign-and-trade of a free agent wouldn't cost anything other than draft picks. Similar to what happened with LeBron/Cleveland and Bosh/Toronto.

Dbrog
02-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Honestly I don't know if I take him over Asik these days. Then again, if he was motivated it would be a different story (which is what I'm assuming the Rockets are banking on).

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-21-2013, 10:14 PM
I thought a sign-and-trade of a free agent wouldn't cost anything other than draft picks. Similar to what happened with LeBron/Cleveland and Bosh/Toronto.
it's a new cba first of all. 2nd, lakers aren't giving away dwight for anything less than a gtd top 3 draft pick pick in the scenario you laid out (even that prolly won't get it done).

Levity
02-21-2013, 10:17 PM
it's a new cba first of all. 2nd, lakers aren't giving away dwight for anything less than a gtd top 3 draft pick pick in the scenario you laid out (even that prolly won't get it done).

under the new cba, correct me if im wrong, were not allowed to sign and trade any players if were over the cap. so essentially, the ball is in dwights court for the remainder of the season. or are we allowed to do so, if we are sending him to a team under the cap?

DMV2
02-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Ah, shit. I totally forgot about the new CBA. And I have no clue what a new sign-and-trade rule would be like either.

So when Dwight does become a free agent, do the Lakers still "sorta" have his rights to match offers from other teams?

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-21-2013, 10:21 PM
under the new cba, correct me if im wrong, were not allowed to sign and trade any players if were over the cap. so essentially, the ball is in dwights court for the remainder of the season. or are we allowed to do so, if we are sending him to a team under the cap?
i think the team trading for the player can't be over the cap by 2million or more...

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-21-2013, 10:25 PM
Ah, shit. I totally forgot about the new CBA. And I have no clue what a new sign-and-trade rule would be like either.

So when Dwight does become a free agent, do the Lakers still "sorta" have his rights to match offers from other teams?

nah, lakers don't have any rights. however the lakers can give dwight the most money so it'd be in dwight's best financial interest to resign with LA or have LA facilitate the sign and trade with the team of his choice..

DMV2
02-21-2013, 10:27 PM
nah, lakers don't have any rights. however the lakers can give dwight the most money so it'd be in dwight's best financial interest to resign with LA or have LA facilitate the sign and trade with the team of his choice..
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

maybeshewill13
02-21-2013, 10:29 PM
LMFAO OP. Houston contenders next year even without Dwight?! :roll:

AKADS
02-21-2013, 10:33 PM
The Rockets if they have enough cap space could trade for Dwight with nothing but a trade exception. The Lakers might ask for something as well which you assume would be Asik and maybe a few first rounders since they have given away so many with the Nash trade.

Seriously the fans on this site have become so uneducated over the years, read something about basketball from any website that pays there writers, forums are not the rules just idiots thinking they know them.

wang4three
02-21-2013, 10:36 PM
Hakeem's influence on Dwight is too much. He even goes to Houston in summer to develop his game.

If Dwight goes to Houston, I see Rondo ending up there making it MIAMI HEAT of the West

Lakers still can offer him the most money. I'd like to see him pass up all that money

Jyap9675
02-21-2013, 10:37 PM
get rid of Lin and they have a great chance

COnDEMnED
02-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Surprised someone hasn't spamed that Kevin Ding quote a thousand times in this thread. Trolls are lagging today.

miles berg
02-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Can't sign and trade Dwight for a 5 year deal, only re-sign him for 5 years.

New CBA rule. Home team gets major benefits in this CBA.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-21-2013, 10:47 PM
The Rockets if they have enough cap space could trade for Dwight with nothing but a trade exception. The Lakers might ask for something as well which you assume would be Asik and maybe a few first rounders since they have given away so many with the Nash trade.

Seriously the fans on this site have become so uneducated over the years, read something about basketball from any website that pays there writers, forums are not the rules just idiots thinking they know them.
:D

Levity
02-21-2013, 10:48 PM
:D

haha first thing i noticed

MiseryCityTexas
02-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Good luck with that.

you gonna be the same dude crying if the rockets actually do get him. dwight even mentioned that his interest in playing for houston has grown tremendously since they got harden.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-22-2013, 12:26 AM

Lol he is going to work with kareem this summer....

& honestly even after today's service if he goes to rockets ....good luck to him

Steve nash will retire with kobe...& lakers will have ZERO dollars on payroll

Lebron come on down to LA & plz bring Kyrie with u too...

KDthunderup
02-22-2013, 12:28 AM
He will stay in LA because thats where the money is at

gengiskhan
02-22-2013, 12:31 AM
He will stay in LA because thats where the money is at

If BKL aint pushing dat envelope filled with Cash next year. D'How is gonner to Houston.

Nikka aint hanging around dat sinking ship called Lakers. They too busy sucking kobe's at $ 30 Mil.

D'How knows Rockets got dat cash.

Funnyfuka
02-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Lol he is going to work with kareem this summer....

& honestly even after today's service if he goes to rockets ....good luck to him

Steve nash will retire with kobe...& lakers will have ZERO dollars on payroll

Lebron come on down to LA & plz bring Kyrie with u too...
why would lebron leave miami, are you retarded? he ll prolly finish his career there after winning 3 or 4 more chips.

Celtic_Pride
02-22-2013, 01:05 AM
Lakers still can offer him the most money. I'd like to see him pass up all that money

The difference would be like $5 million overall and without taxes in Texas, doesn't that even it out?

I personally don't think Dwight would leave LA, but if things doesn't get any better and Lakers miss playoffs, I can see Dwight wanting to leave and Houston is a very tempting choice because of Hakeem and the team which is basically Orlando Magic of 2008-12 on steroids.

Morey :applause:

All Net
02-22-2013, 02:35 AM
shocker..

AKADS
02-22-2013, 03:31 AM
The difference would be like $5 million overall and without taxes in Texas, doesn't that even it out?

I personally don't think Dwight would leave LA, but if things doesn't get any better and Lakers miss playoffs, I can see Dwight wanting to leave and Houston is a very tempting choice because of Hakeem and the team which is basically Orlando Magic of 2008-12 on steroids.Morey :applause:
Werent Hedo and Lewis both busted for P.E.D.
just saying

RoundMoundOfReb
02-22-2013, 03:52 AM
Werent Hedo and Lewis both busted for P.E.D.
just saying
:lol :lol :lol repped.

edit: future repped