PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's response to: "Is LeBron as good as you?"

LongLiveTheKing
02-21-2013, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE]Is LeBron as good as you?

RoundMoundOfReb
02-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Kobe gives the best interview in the NBA. smart guy and he speaks his mind.

GS1905
02-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Kobe is top10 of all time. Lebron is ranked around top 20-25.

longtime lurker
02-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Waits for the typical Lebron's been better than Kobe for the since 2000-blah blah blah cliche response.

strike first
02-21-2013, 09:08 PM
reporter should be asking lebron if he thinks kobe is as good as him

SilkkTheShocker
02-21-2013, 09:08 PM
:applause:

HardwoodLegend
02-21-2013, 09:09 PM
"Legacies that depended on team quality aside, is LeBron better than you at this very moment?"

Levity
02-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Waits for the typical Lebron's been better than Kobe for the since 2000-blah blah blah cliche response.

hey, not bad, it was only one post after yours

:lol

AlphaWolf24
02-21-2013, 09:12 PM
You've got Kobe fans pointing to Kobe's 81 point game, still somehow calling LeBron a mental midget, saying he should not have MVP because of this block and all kindsof pathetic things due to this block.... now it's become like the 9 millionth Kobe vs LeBron shot block post....

"Yea he is better than me, yea we wont make the playoffs, but we blocked Lebron!!!".....

Connor B
02-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Kobe is top10 of all time. Lebron is ranked around top 20-25.

Are you joking? Lebron is already top 15, probably top 12. If he wins a ring this year he's top ten, and probably over Kobe.

G-Funk
02-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Are you joking? Lebron is already top 15, probably top 12. If he wins a ring this year he's top ten, and probably over Kobe.
hahahaha :oldlol: What planet are u in? what a tard and then ppl wonder why we hate lebronytes

HorryIsMyMVP
02-21-2013, 09:38 PM
hahahaha :oldlol: What planet are u in? what a tard and then ppl wonder why we hate lebronytes
I think you hate because you know Lebron is better. :coleman: Why else would you hate a player and his fan base? I don't see anyone hating on Byron Mullens right now :oldlol:

Lebron23
02-21-2013, 09:39 PM

Top 11. He's going to be a top 7-8 this year if he wins his 2nd Finals MVP.

kenny817
02-21-2013, 10:04 PM

Worst post of all time

Bandito
02-21-2013, 10:06 PM
You've got Kobe fans pointing to Kobe's 81 point game, still somehow calling LeBron a mental midget, saying he should not have MVP because of this block and all kindsof pathetic things due to this block.... now it's become like the 9 millionth Kobe vs LeBron shot block post....

"Yea he is better than me, yea we wont make the playoffs, but we blocked Lebron!!!".....
Wait are you bashing Kobe? Aren't you like the biggest Kobe ******ger here? Or are you one of those that have multiple accounts and just forgot to log out before going into your other persona?:roll: :roll: :roll:

NumberSix
02-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Bruce Blitz ranks LeBron ahead of Kobe all time. That's all that really matters.

alleykat
02-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Wait are you bashing Kobe? Aren't you like the biggest Kobe ******ger here? Or are you one of those that have multiple accounts and just forgot to log out before going into your other persona?:roll: :roll: :roll:

maybe he tired of about 100 people making the same thread?
lol....cmon it was clever at first, but dudes are beating it down fast..

Doctor Rivers
02-21-2013, 10:16 PM

lol

ihoopallday
02-21-2013, 10:28 PM

:biggums: :biggums:

maybeshewill13
02-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Funny thing is Lebron will kick Kobe out of the top ten by time his career is over. Lebron is on another level.

TheOne
02-21-2013, 10:45 PM

livingby3's
02-21-2013, 10:50 PM
If LeBron wins a MVP, ring, and finals MVP this season, talks gonna get serious

miles berg
02-21-2013, 10:53 PM
LeBron isn't an imitation, off brand version of the GOAT. He is unique, he is one of a kind, he is definitely going down as top 5 ever. Only a catastrophic injury will be able to stop him.

B4llin
02-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Good interview, but Kobe's speech at jerry's bussy's memorial yesterday was embarrassing.

memetherapy
02-21-2013, 11:08 PM
LeBron isn't an imitation, off brand version of the GOAT. He is unique, he is one of a kind, he is definitely going down as top 5 ever. Only a catastrophic injury will be able to stop him.

Truth spoken. Dealwithitbe.

whoartthou
02-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Accomplishments aside, Lebron is better than Kobe. Lebron's prime is >>> kobe's prime

SevereUpInHere
02-21-2013, 11:45 PM

LOL What account were you supposed to post this from?

NumberSix
02-21-2013, 11:54 PM
If Kobe is in the top 10, he's only gonna be in it for a couple years

ZMonkey11
02-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Good interview, but Kobe's speech at jerry's bussy's memorial yesterday was embarrassing.

He should have prepared more yes, but what does that have to do with this?:confusedshrug:

Heavincent
02-22-2013, 12:03 AM
If Kobe is in the top 10, he's only gonna be in it for a couple years

NumberSix

DMAVS41
02-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Lebron just needs the accomplishments now. As a player...Lebron is better than Kobe ever was.

That 11 Mavs series will never be forgotten though. That was Lebron coming up about as small as you can with the best team as a veteran. That will probably ultimately keep him from the MJ / Russell conversation (at least on my list)...but everyone else is probably fair game.

DonDadda59
02-22-2013, 12:16 AM
Lebron just needs the accomplishments now. As a player...Lebron is better than Kobe ever was.

That 11 Mavs series will never be forgotten though. That was Lebron coming up about as small as you can with the best team as a veteran. That will probably ultimately keep him from the MJ / Russell conversation (at least on my list)...but everyone else is probably fair game.

Yup. And looking back at it now, it just seems strange as hell. It wasn't even like the Mavs were some defensive juggernaut, Bron just didn't show up, he plain choked. It got to the point that DWade was yelling at him like he was a child on the court, trying to get him to nut up. Bron was the difference between MIA winning and losing, they could be working on a threepeat now if it wasn't for that.

Just2McFly
02-22-2013, 12:19 AM
11 series will be forgotten soon enough

chosen_one6
02-22-2013, 12:23 AM
Yup. And looking back at it now, it just seems strange as hell. It wasn't even like the Mavs were some defensive juggernaut, Bron just didn't show up, he plain choked. It got to the point that DWade was yelling at him like he was a child on the court, trying to get him to nut up. Bron was the difference between MIA winning and losing, they could be working on a threepeat now if it wasn't for that.

Watching that series was tough...I couldn't believe my dude faded like that. A couple more championships will make up for it though. Winning cures everything.

DMAVS41
02-22-2013, 12:29 AM

It certainly won't define his career or anything, but that was really really bad. Everything up to that point I honestly thought was hugely unfair criticism. If you look at his career objectively...

He came in and doubled the Cavs win total in year 1. Then he lost Boozer and still the team got better. He put up 27/7/7 in his 2nd year...wow! Gets them to the playoffs in year 3 and wins a series. Year 4 he leads his team to the finals. Year 5 the Cavs come the closest of any team to beating the Celtics. 09 he leads an average roster to 66 wins and the conference finals while playing out of this world in the playoffs. 10 more of the same...but the no show in that crazy Celtics game in the playoffs was weird, but it was so out of character that it really led me to believe something was bothering him physically...but maybe it was just mental. But the point being that what he accomplished up to that point was absolutely insane actually.

But that 11 Finals was dreadful and something that he should never live down really. It will ultimately not be a huge deal, but when you are in your 8th season and get to the finals as the favorite...and you are the reason your team doesn't win...just kind of hard to imagine.

So that might keep him from that top 2 or 3 all time, but also it might not....just depends.

What we all can't deny objectively is that how Lebron has played this year and last year is simply a level rarely achieved.

TylerOO
02-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Watching that series was tough...I couldn't believe my dude faded like that. A couple more championships will make up for it though. Winning cures everything.

I couldnt believe it either. He obviously had something mentally wrong with him.

alleykat
02-22-2013, 12:55 AM
you see i'm not sure how the 11 season will impact anything in the long run. Before you get on my case just reason that he never one a ring before, so any and all hype before that was perpetuated by media and fans. He never had the feeling of actually being a champion and coming up short. Now if he were to choke away this upcoming playoff series, I could see how it would blemish his record like no other....

to me it's what you do, not what you don't do. otherwise guys like kobe, for example getting swept while being the defending champs, should not be in the same context as the "greats". James career is not over, but you guys have already made up your minds. He may be great, or he could decline like no other. Just wait and see before you decide.

DMAVS41
02-22-2013, 01:02 AM
you see i'm not sure how the 11 season will impact anything in the long run. Before you get on my case just reason that he never one a ring before, so any and all hype before that was perpetuated by media and fans. He never had the feeling of actually being a champion and coming up short. Now if he were to choke away this upcoming playoff series, I could see how it would blemish his record like no other....

to me it's what you do, not what you don't do. otherwise guys like kobe, for example getting swept while being the defending champs, should not be in the same context as the "greats". James career is not over, but you guys have already made up your minds. He may be great, or he could decline like no other. Just wait and see before you decide.

Of course something crazy could happen, but what we do know is that Jordan never pulled anything like that in the prime of his career.

So...it is very hard for me to ever think of a scenario in which I would rank Lebron even or ahead of Jordan.

Everyone has blemishes on their record, but Lebron's 11 finals performance is one of the worst things an all time great of his caliber has done in the history of the NBA...at least since I've been watching since the mid 70's.

You just can't ignore that...

talkingconch
02-22-2013, 02:59 AM
lol lebron will not pass kobe winning a ring this year by joining a stacked team and cruising to the finals on the lowly east.

Nash
02-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Let's be real here. If Lebron wins another championship this season + FMVP and regular season MVP he will be ahead of Kobe. Lebron will have as many rings and FMVP as Kobe as the main man, more finals appearances as the man and 3 MVP's more while playing at a 27/7/7 level.

THe only thing Kobe has over Lebron is that he was lucky and had the luxury to play with the most dominant player in Shaq in the best team in the NBA during his younger years. And since Lebron never had that luxury we never really know how he would have done and can't compare.

All Net
02-22-2013, 09:01 AM
Lebron is top 15 right now..and yes will be considered in the top 10 if he wins another MVP,Finals MVP and title..

disel
02-22-2013, 09:24 AM
LOL What account were you supposed to post this from?
RG aka stateofthemind12

AlphaWolf24
02-22-2013, 01:58 PM

( speaks in Ol' English voice)

If English was one of your five fluently spoken languages and probably the one you would use the least in your everyday life and you still speak it so good i believe you would also be overall more "intelligent" in that department than any random American that can speak only English...... and dont you worry about backfire, i am the only one who is doing the backfiring... as you can see... it infact may be the culprit behind the attitude/behaviour i may recieve by many of these kids here.... especially if you are not only eloquent but also factual.... because that makes me a pessimist in their eyes as i spoil their delusional opinions....

Heavincent
02-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Let's be real here. If Lebron wins another championship this season + FMVP and regular season MVP he will be ahead of Kobe. Lebron will have as many rings and FMVP as Kobe as the main man, more finals appearances as the man and 3 MVP's more while playing at a 27/7/7 level.

THe only thing Kobe has over Lebron is that he was lucky and had the luxury to play with the most dominant player in Shaq in the best team in the NBA during his younger years. And since Lebron never had that luxury we never really know how he would have done and can't compare.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

lilgodfather1
02-22-2013, 02:07 PM
His answer should have been, of course, or seriously?, or are you kidding me?, or duh, or that' a good joke.

Something along those lines. Anyone with a half a brain knows LBJ has been better than Kobe for half a decade, at least.

Pointguard
02-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Of course something crazy could happen, but what we do know is that Jordan never pulled anything like that in the prime of his career.

So...it is very hard for me to ever think of a scenario in which I would rank Lebron even or ahead of Jordan.

Everyone has blemishes on their record, but Lebron's 11 finals performance is one of the worst things an all time great of his caliber has done in the history of the NBA...at least since I've been watching since the mid 70's.

You can. People have bad points in their life - it never goes down as perfect for any high performer. He never said what it was but it happens. Kareem had it too and nobody talks about it. True it rarely happens on the big stage but a blemish or two is human. Russell's blemish is that he was dominated by another player for a lot of games. MJ's was his HOF speech and was pretty foul to teammates during his career. Nobody is immune to them and nobody is perfect. Its a life blow, peaks and valleys.

Rysio
02-22-2013, 03:16 PM
kobes real response: 5 beats .5 :applause:

PJR
02-22-2013, 03:30 PM
11 series will be forgotten soon enough

Yep. Just like no one remembers "Tragic Johnson" in the 84 Finals. It'll be just a footnote in history if LeBron ends up a multiple champion.

alleykat
02-22-2013, 06:40 PM

So he could win almost 13 titles but that one will screw it up? I'm not saying put him above of MJ or put him in the top 20 or anything...just wait until his legacy is complete til u make ur decision. He could be top 10 or not even top 20 by the end of his career in ur list, that's up to u.....

It doesn't matter how u lose, if u lose then ur not a winner. That's the way MJ saw it as well....the HOF is not determined by people who lost the least or didn't show up in the finals the least, but people who achieved something great in their career. I guarantee u MJ lost just as many as he won...

Just saying wait til legacies are over to make the decision

alleykat
02-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Yep. Just like no one remembers "Tragic Johnson" in the 84 Finals. It'll be just a footnote in history if LeBron ends up a multiple champion.

:cheers:

DMAVS41
02-22-2013, 06:43 PM
So he could win almost 13 titles but that one will screw it up? I'm not saying put him above of MJ or put him in the top 20 or anything...just wait until his legacy is complete til u make ur decision. He could be top 10 or not even top 20 by the end of his career in ur list, that's up to u.....

It doesn't matter how u lose, if u lose then ur not a winner. That's the way MJ saw it as well....the HOF is not determined by people who lost the least or didn't show up in the finals the least, but people who achieved something great in their career. I guarantee u MJ lost just as many as he won...

Just saying wait til legacies are over to make the decision

Of course not. That is why I said..."unless something crazy happens"

The point being that it will be very hard to ignore the 11 Finals no matter what happens realistically. I didn't say it's impossible.

And I'm not sure how you rank players, but Lebron is already clearly one of the 15 best players ever. He could be argued top 10 after this season...

Barring an injury or a complete drop off in play...Lebron will most likely go down in the top 7 for sure.

I was talking about him challenging MJ.

alleykat
02-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Of course not. That is why I said..."unless something crazy happens"

The point being that it will be very hard to ignore the 11 Finals no matter what happens realistically. I didn't say it's impossible.

And I'm not sure how you rank players, but Lebron is already clearly one of the 15 best players ever. He could be argued top 10 after this season...

Barring an injury or a complete drop off in play...Lebron will most likely go down in the top 7 for sure.

I was talking about him challenging MJ.

Okay I agree with you. I personally don't make a list of top 10 players. I feel like having a number 1 always puts people in a position to find defects in other players first...that's just me tho

NBASTATMAN
02-22-2013, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE]What his reaction is when he gets compared to guys like Michael Jordan:

Lebron23
02-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Kobe sees how his great runs have already faded now that Lebron is having a GREAT run. I am sure Kobe wanted to put his name in there but you can see where he was headed. I think Kobe is right but what do I know... Lebron is having a great run but I want to see a great run in the playoffs. The regular season means nothing

EVERYTHING:applause:

2011-2012 NBA playoffs.
2008-09 NBA Playoffs.

NBASTATMAN
02-22-2013, 07:29 PM
2011-2012 NBA playoffs.
2008-09 NBA Playoffs.

2012 :applause:
2009 didn't win :rockon:

Lebron23
02-22-2013, 07:30 PM
2012 :applause:
2009 didn't win :rockon:

35/9/8

No NBA great is capable of winning an NBA title with Mo ****ing Williams as your 2nd scoring option.

DMAVS41
02-22-2013, 07:38 PM
35/9/8

No NBA great is capable of winning an NBA title with Mo ****ing Williams as your 2nd scoring option.

Duncan was...

:pimp:

Roundball_Rock
02-22-2013, 07:47 PM

Jordan lost three times in the first round--including being swept twice; Lebron has always made it out the first round. 2011 is a blemish, but Lebron's total record thus far stacks up to any player, except maybe Kareem. Lebron was in the NBA finals with scrubs at age 22. Who else has done that?

If Lebron has 4 MVP's, 2 championships after this season he is knocking on the top 5 door. Let's recall who has the most MVP's: Kareem 6, Russell 5, Jordan 5, Wilt 4, Lebron 3 (4?) Bird 3, Magic 3. If Lebron is tied for 4th most MVP's and is just entering his peak...

unbreakable
02-22-2013, 07:54 PM
If Lebron has 4 MVP's, 2 championships after this season he is knocking on the top 5 door. Let's recall who has the most MVP's: Kareem 6, Russell 5, Jordan 5, Wilt 4, Lebron 3 (4?) Bird 3, Magic 3. If Lebron is tied for 4th most MVP's and is just entering his peak...

steve nash has 2 MVPs so throw that argument out the window..

lebron is not knocking on top 5 till he gets atleast 3 rings. bird, magic, mj, kobe, etc all have atleast 3 and thats what lebron needs (they also didnt play with a super stacked squad except for magic johnson)

lebron could pass hakeem imo if he gets #2 because hakeem only has 2 and they were when MJ retired.

Roundball_Rock
02-22-2013, 08:06 PM
steve nash has 2 MVPs so throw that argument out the window..

lebron is not knocking on top 5 till he gets atleast 3 rings. bird, magic, mj, kobe, etc all have atleast 3 and thats what lebron needs (they also didnt play with a super stacked squad except for magic johnson)

lebron could pass hakeem imo if he gets #2 because hakeem only has 2 and they were when MJ retired.

http://www.nba.com/magic/sites/magic/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/migrated/photos/magicbullsgame1_700_050511.jpg

:biggums:

If Lebron has 4 MVP's and 2 rings he has a case for being as high as 8th, although having 2 rings to Kobe's 5 and Duncan's 4 hurt him. Still, as an individual player he would have as many MVP's as Hakeem/Kobe/Duncan combined...Yeah he wouldn't have a case for the top 5 but he wouldn't be that far off from the top 5 under this scenario and he would only be 27...

NBASTATMAN
02-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Duncan was...

:pimp:

Manu and Parker are both better than him but I still believe great playoff runs by players end in the finals whether you win or lose their. JUST MO

G-Funk
02-25-2013, 07:20 PM
I think you hate because you know Lebron is better. :coleman: Why else would you hate a player and his fan base? I don't see anyone hating on Byron Mullens right now :oldlol:
Thats because Mullens fans dont say fuked up things like that