PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Death of Elisa Lam

Pages : [1] 2

n00bie
02-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Anyone been following this story? Reminds me of the movie Dark Water.:eek:

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) — The Canadian woman last seen at a downtown hotel nearly three weeks ago was found dead in a water tank at the top of the building Tuesday, the Los Angeles Times is reporting.

The Times
says a worker at the Cecil Hotel on Main Street discovered the body of Elisa Lam, 21, about 10 a.m. while responding to a complaint about low water pressure, sources said.

Elisa Lam of Vancouver, British Columbia was last seen at the Cecil Hotel on 640 S. Main Street January 31.

Lam, who was traveling alone, had been in contact with her parents daily until her disappearance.

Lam's body was found in one of four tanks that supply the hotel with water.

The location is being treated as a crime scene but sources familiar with the case said it was too early to tell whether Lam was the victim of foul play.

Lam, of Vancouver, Canada, arrived in Los Angeles on
Jan. 26 and was last seen Jan. 31 at the Cecil Hotel at 640 S. Main St, police said.

Lam's final destination was believed to be Santa Cruz; her reasons for visiting California were unclear.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/20/elisa-lam-dead-body-tourist-found-water-tank-roof_n_2723853.html

Weird elevator footage before her disappearance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM She was acting really strange.. as if someone or something was chasing her.

3 weeks later she's found in the water tank of the hotel?!?! Guests have been drinking / showering from the water tank that her body has been decomposing in. :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Guests also reported that the water tasted "funny". They also said that black water came out of the shower in the first 2 seconds.

Couple questions that come to my mind from watching that video:

1. Who the hell was she talking to?!?!
2. Was she on drugs?!?
3. How come the elevator doors won't close?!?!
4. How did she or the murderer have access to the roof?
5. The water towers are 10 feet high. You would need a ladder to get up there. Was it an employee that murdered her?
6. Why was she staying in that hotel by herself?!

===============

Update:

Weird Google Street view picture of hotel

http://i.imgur.com/EMicEOZ.png

From Expedia: http://www.expedia.ca/Los-Angeles-Hotels-Cecil-Hotel.h920349.Hotel-Information#reviews

Someone from Vancouver posted a comment on Feb. 13th saying that the elevators in the hotel were not working! :eek:

as everyone suggested in the previous posts, the hotel room is awful, the smallest bed room i have ever seem. the private bathroom is small too, you have to put your jaw into the sink when you sit right front on the toilet. the elevator in the hotel had been down for couple of hours in one day.the "free" breakfast need you pay some tips too.
On the other hand, the location are not as bad as been told, yes, there are many African-american homeless-like guys hugging around the area, but it is still safe enough to walk around at night to take transportation or go buy some supplies.

Creepy Fact: TB ourbreak in the same area: http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/23/los-angeles-health-officials-concerned-about-tuberculosis-outbreak-on-skid-row

Name of test for tuberculosis? LAM ELISA. :biggums:

Elisa Lam's decomposing body in a water supply on Skid Row.
Tuberculosis outbreak in Skid Row.
Test to determine TB: Lam Elisa

n00bie
02-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Also a lot of haunted stories about this hotel on TripAdvisor.. which makes this story extra creepy.

clipse026
02-21-2013, 10:40 PM
What is she doing with her hands in that video? That was creepy. :(

n00bie
02-21-2013, 10:42 PM
What is she doing with her hands in that video? That was creepy. :(

People claim she was probably on drugs.. and accidentally made her way up to the roof & drowned in the tank.

Doesn't make any sense imo. Why didn't that elevator door close?!?! Someone from the hall must have been pressing the button to keep it opened..

PrettyCool
02-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Wow, poor girl. Crazy story, but I only have one question.

Was she hawt??

clipse026
02-21-2013, 10:45 PM
People claim she was probably on drugs.. and accidentally made her way up to the roof & drowned in the tank.

Doesn't make any sense imo. Why didn't that elevator door close?!?! Someone from the hall must have been pressing the button to keep it opened..
She was doing something because that was some strange shit.

miller-time
02-21-2013, 10:49 PM

Also the fact that the door to the roof should have been locked and alarmed is weird. It would point to the involvement of someone on staff or security right?

The fact that people complain about the hotel being haunted makes it sound like some Scooby-Doo shit right here. Too bad there were no meddling kids on the case.

OhNoTimNoSho
02-21-2013, 10:50 PM

I dunno what kinda drugs u taking

oh the horror
02-21-2013, 10:50 PM
the problem i have with the whole 'she made her way to the roof, and jumped in the tank herself' theory is...

http://www.gotricounty.com/reuters_images/2013-02-19T232756Z_1_CBRE91I1T6O00_RTROPTP_3_USREPORT-US-USA-MISSINGTOURIST.JPG

Did she pop out a ladder, climb it, and then climb in through that tiny latch cover, and then close the lid on top of herself?

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.1163263!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

Skywalker
02-21-2013, 10:53 PM
this some creepy shit

maybe LSD?

Skywalker
02-21-2013, 10:59 PM
looking at the investigation pics, she could have easily climbed inside that

my guess: LSD trip, thought she was on fire, hopped in water tank and died

n00bie
02-21-2013, 11:01 PM
I dunno what kinda drugs u taking

I guess you couldn't tell that I didn't agree with that theory. :facepalm

Skywalker
02-21-2013, 11:14 PM
How do you explain the elevator not closing, and then finally close after she left?

I dunno. I think pressing all the buttons down the middle does something tho, and it looks like that's what she did

Skywalker
02-21-2013, 11:16 PM
either that or the security staff of that hotel is a bunch of satanists

miller-time
02-21-2013, 11:19 PM
either that or the security staff of that hotel is a bunch of satanists

I've read random comments else where on human trafficking. Not sure if there is anything to it though?

daily
02-21-2013, 11:19 PM
the problem i have with the whole 'she made her way to the roof, and jumped in the tank herself' theory is...

http://www.gotricounty.com/reuters_images/2013-02-19T232756Z_1_CBRE91I1T6O00_RTROPTP_3_USREPORT-US-USA-MISSINGTOURIST.JPG

Did she pop out a ladder, climb it, and then climb in through that tiny latch cover, and then close the lid on top of herself?

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.1163263!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

On the news last night they said the ladder in the pic is always there for the maintenance crews. The doors on top of the tanks are not locked

n00bie
02-22-2013, 12:45 AM
On the news last night they said the ladder in the pic is always there for the maintenance crews. The doors on top of the tanks are not locked

Still can't understand why the elevator doors wouldn't close.. until she left. Seems like either someone had controls of the doors, or someone in the hall was holding onto the elevator button.

I believe the news said they found her body naked. Seems more like a rape / murder case imo.

Also.. she doesn't look like the type of person that would be a drug addict.

http://eightasians.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/8A-2013-02-21-ElisaLam.jpg

miller-time
02-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Also.. she doesn't look like the type of person that would be a drug addict.

Could have been spiked though.

n00bie
02-22-2013, 01:20 AM
Could have been spiked though.

True.. but that would probably mean that she was murdered after.

I find it funny how the media & the LAPD seem to be leaning towards an "accidental" death rather than actually trying to find a suspect. :confusedshrug:

hateraid
02-22-2013, 01:26 AM
That video is FACKED UP!

I would rather prefer a screamer then come to realize that was the real deal. It had an eerie "Ring" feel. I swear I saw that little girl's shadow behind her when she was pushing buttons. After the 2:00 mark what the hell was up with her hands? :eek:

Asians in North America are very impressionable. How did she get to LA to Vancouver on a solo mission? This had to be a weird kidnapping case.

n00bie
02-22-2013, 01:31 AM
That video is FACKED UP!

I would rather prefer a screamer then come to realize that was the real deal. It had an eerie "Ring" feel. I swear I saw that little girl's shadow behind her when she was pushing buttons. After the 2:00 mark what the hell was up with her hands? :eek:

Asians in North America are very impressionable. How did she get to LA to Vancouver on a solo mission? This had to be a weird kidnapping case.

She went to LA as a tourist. Don't know why she would go herself though. Also find it weird how she had to choose THAT hotel.. heard it was in a bad neighborhood.

Beebo
02-22-2013, 01:51 AM
I know some people that went to school with her before.

RIP hope her soul is at peace.

miller-time
02-22-2013, 01:54 AM
The hotel is eerie. Look at the reviews, they are either praising it (probably fake) or hating it.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cecil-hotel-los-angeles

And apparently Richard Ramirez stayed there in the 80s.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/02/21/the-cecil-hotel-what-a-dead-body-in-a-water-tank-does-for-your-yelp-reviews/

Nanners
02-22-2013, 01:57 AM
True.. but that would probably mean that she was murdered after.

I find it funny how the media & the LAPD seem to be leaning towards an "accidental" death rather than actually trying to find a suspect. :confusedshrug:

of course the media and LAPD are correct that the death was accidental..... she was known to drive a pickup truck after all

lefthook00
02-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Seems like she was shrooming or she was bipolar and going through a manic episode, was anything about her medical history released?

Beebo
02-22-2013, 02:28 AM
Seems like she was shrooming or she was bipolar and going through a manic episode, was anything about her medical history released?

There are reports surfacing that she had suffered from depression.

Hopefully a toxicology report will shed some light on what happened to her..

ClutchOver9000
02-22-2013, 03:06 AM
the gesturing w/ the hands was quite creepy. In fact the entire video came across as eerie...

lefthook00
02-22-2013, 03:10 AM
I was waiting for that elevator scene to happen in The Grudge...creepy...

bdreason
02-22-2013, 04:26 AM
Someone probably tried to drug + rape her, and she overdosed. That's my guess.

n00bie
02-22-2013, 08:47 AM
The hotel is eerie. Look at the reviews, they are either praising it (probably fake) or hating it.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cecil-hotel-los-angeles

And apparently Richard Ramirez stayed there in the 80s.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/02/21/the-cecil-hotel-what-a-dead-body-in-a-water-tank-does-for-your-yelp-reviews/

Apparently a lot couple serial killers stayed there. They also had some reviews on TripAdvisor saying that hotel was haunted. Something about the TVs turning on / off by itself.

Thorpesaurous
02-22-2013, 10:00 AM
This is the first I've heard of this.

That was indeed creepy.

My first instinct on the drug front is that she may have been into the ecstacy scene. That will raise your body temp and make you crave water in a way that would make you do something like jump into a water tower. I've jumped off small bridges into streams of unknown depths on that stuff. The problem is is that that is a social drug, and it doesn't make sense she'd be there on her own if that was the scene she was into. That generally goes for most hallucinagenics. Heroine is an isolation drug, but she doesn't strike me as particularly strung out.

The weirdest thing to me is that she was close enough to her family to have contacted them on a daily basis, but no one was sure of the motivation for her trip? I'm a pretty weird dude who does all types of things on my own, and even being quite a bit older than this girl, I still when I go somewhere tell my parents that I'm heading to Chicago, with the end game being to see a Bear game, or I'm gonna be in NY for a few days, with the intention to see a concert or something. This girl is taking a trip for weeks at a time and they don't have any idea why? That's weird.

rezznor
02-22-2013, 10:32 AM
also, several serial killers have been known to stay at the motel, including the nightstalker killer

Hotel with corpse in water tank has notorious past
By Alan Duke, CNN
updated 9:24 AM EST, Fri February 22, 2013

Death of woman found at hotel a mystery
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Cecil Hotel is featured in "Hotel Horrors & Main Street Vice" tour
"It's the place where serial killers stay," a tour guide says
Serial killers Richard Ramirez and Jack Unterweger stayed there while on sprees
It was known for suicide jumpers in the 1950s, '60s, guide says
Los Angeles (CNN) -- The Cecil Hotel's dark past earned it a spot on Los Angeles tours long before a woman's body was found inside its rooftop water tank.
"It's the place where serial killers stay," said tour guide Richard Schave.
Schave and his wife, Kim Cooper, conduct a "true crime and oddities" tour they call "Hotel Horrors & Main Street Vice."
The new mystery surrounding Elisa Lam's death will be added to Cooper's spiel during the tour stops at the Cecil Hotel, she said.
Cooper and Schave have made it their job to compile details on those who have killed or been killed while staying at the Cecil.
The killers
The most famous on their list are serial killers Richard Ramirez and Jack Unterweger.
Photos: Body found in hotel water tank
Woman's body found in hotel's water tank Hotel guests: Discovery 'sickening' Hotel guests: Discovery 'sickening'
Ramirez, known as the "Nightstalker," now resides on California's death row, but in 1985 he was living on the Cecil's top floor in a $14 a night room, Cooper said.
The Cecil, filled then with hundreds of transients living in the cheap rooms, was a good place for Ramirez to go unnoticed as he killed 13 women, Schave said. He was "just dumping his bloody clothes in the Dumpster at the end of his evening and going in the back entrance."
Jack Unterweger worked as a journalist covering Los Angeles crime for an Austrian magazine in 1991 when he moved into the Cecil.
"We believe he was living at the Cecil in homage to Ramirez," Schave said.
He is blamed with killing three prostitutes in Los Angeles while a guest at the Cecil.
The killed
During the 1950s and 1960s, the Cecil had a reputation as a place where people would kill themselves by jumping out upper-floor windows, Cooper said. "It's just what people do when they are at the end of their rope," she said.
Helen Gurnee, in her 50s, leaped from a seventh floor window, landing on the Cecil Hotel marquee on October 22, 1954, Cooper said.
Julia Moore jumped from her eighth floor room window on February 11, 1962, she said. Moore left behind a bus ticket from St Louis, 59 cents and an Illinois bank account book showing a balance of $1,800.
Pauline Otton, 27, jumped from a ninth floor window after an argument with her estranged husband on October 12, 1962, Cooper said. Otton landed on George Gianinni, 65, who was walking on the sidewalk 90 feet below. Both were killed instantly.
Not everyone on Cooper's list committed suicide.
"Pigeon Goldie" Osgood, a retired telephone operator, was found dead in her ransacked room on June 4, 1964, Cooper said. Osgood, known for protecting and feeding the pigeons at nearby Pershing Square, was stabbed, strangled and raped. The crime has not been solved.
Not an ordinary hotel
Schave and Cooper have theories about why the Cecil's past has been so sordid.
It was built in the 1920s as a hotel "for businessmen to come into town and spend a night or two," Cooper said.
But it was soon upstaged by nicer hotels in a better part of town, she said. When the Great Depression hit in the 1930s, it became more of a transient hotel. Eventually, it transitioned into a single room occupancy business, known as an SRO. Long-term tenants rented individual rooms and shared bathrooms with neighboring residents.
"This was just a place where people who were really down on their luck were going," Schave said. "These hotels are filled with people who are at the edge of being integrated in society."
During the 1970s, '80s and '90s, hundreds of people who were "down on their luck" called the Cecil home, he said. "They were all hustling to make ends meet."
"It's not like that any more, of course," Cooper said.
New owners converted three of the floors back to hotel rooms around 2007, but most of the building remains SRO, Schave said.
Another section serves as a hostel that is marketed toward European tourists, he said
It was not clear if Lam was staying in one of the hotel rooms, which offer more privacy, or the hostel.
Repeated calls by CNN to the Cecil Hotel management were not returned Wednesday and Thursday.

PrettyCool
02-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Bitch was on drugs

n00bie
02-22-2013, 12:15 PM
also, several serial killers have been known to stay at the motel, including the nightstalker killer

Creepy shit going on in that hotel. :eek:

-p.tiddy-
02-22-2013, 12:41 PM
I feel confident in saying she was drugged...weather or not she did it on her own or her drink was spiked idk

she was naked?...perhaps it will be shown if she was raped or not

daily
02-22-2013, 01:27 PM
I think there's somebody holding the elevator door open that knew there's a camera in there and wouldn't get into the field of view. It's like at first she's hiding then later she seems to be interacting with somebody in the hallway

Her actions seem to ramp up the longer that door stays open. It's like watching a person come to realize they are in a horrible situation with no way out.

That being said it's a very old elevator and maybe it's just persnickety and her pushing so many buttons jammed it up and she's having some form of moment on her own

AlphaWolf24
02-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Anyone been following this story? Reminds me of the movie Dark Water.:eek:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/20/elisa-lam-dead-body-tourist-found-water-tank-roof_n_2723853.html

Weird elevator footage before her disappearance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM She was acting really strange.. as if someone or something was chasing her.

3 weeks later she's found in the water tank of the hotel?!?! Guests have been drinking / showering from the water tank that her body has been decomposing in. :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Guests also reported that the water tasted "funny". They also said that black water came out of the shower in the first 2 seconds.

Couple questions that come to my mind from watching that video:

1. Who the hell was she talking to?!?!
2. Was she on drugs?!?
3. How come the elevator doors won't close?!?!
4. How did she or the murderer have access to the roof?
5. The water towers are 10 feet high. You would need a ladder to get up there. Was it an employee that murdered her?
6. Why was she staying in that hotel by herself?!

1.???
2.Probably
3.Most elevators have a setting that determines how fast the doors close ( in the video they do seem to stay open a long time ( i will have to rewatch the video, not sure exactly how long) They also have Door open and door close buttons....pressing the "door open" button may keep it open longer.

Only the elevator technician can set the time delay, Most elevators also have a " emergency stop button" on the panel where all the Floor buttons are ( in plane sight)....

If you pull out the ESTOP button while the doors are open...then they will remain open until you press it back in.

That's what it looks like happened to me...especially since she bent down and looked at something at the bottom of the panel.

( re watched it....the door closes aoutomatically......couldn't have been the " estop" button...maybe she pressed the Door open button a few times?)

either way...really creepy.

4. She either knew where the roof access was...or she came across it and went up...or someone took her up there.

5.Prolly a ladder already up there....permantley mounted on the tower

6.??

daily
02-22-2013, 01:41 PM
1.???
2.Probably
3.Most elevators have a setting that determines how fast the doors close ( in the video they do seem to stay open a long time ( i will have to rewatch the video, not sure exactly how long) They also have Door open and door close buttons....pressing the "door open" button may keep it open longer.

Only the elevator technician can set the time delay, Most elevators also have a " emergency stop button" on the panel where all the Floor buttons are ( in plane sight)....

The elevator could also be in service mode which has to be activated by a key. It's for moving furniture or other things when you don't want the door to close until you want it to. You have to push and hold the floor button down until the door closes to use the elevator

AlphaWolf24
02-22-2013, 01:51 PM
The elevator could also be in service mode which has to be activated by a key. It's for moving furniture or other things when you don't want the door to close until you want it to. You have to push and hold the floor button down until the door closes to use the elevator

can you make it close from the service room? ( outside the actual elevator)

the video shows the doors closing automatically.....with no one inside the elevator.

TheMarkMadsen
02-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Anybody saying that lsd or mushrooms caused this have apparently never take. LSD or mushrooms

knickballer
02-22-2013, 02:23 PM
So what's the exact story behind this? Student going on a tourist trip and then suddenly dies? Does anyone know info on the girl and the stuff she was involved in, her interests, personality, etc?

That video reminded me of the movie 1408.

knickballer
02-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Anybody saying that lsd or mushrooms caused this have apparently never take. LSD or mushrooms

Who knows she could have been on some mind control drug or possibly possessed.

BTW, i'm agnostic so I'm not a religious nut but I think there's a possibility.

daily
02-22-2013, 02:29 PM

the video shows the doors closing automatically.....with no one inside the elevator.

I don't know.

Could be somebody outside in the hall pushing buttons or I wonder if it's on service mode if the doors open and closing is from other people on other floors calling for the elevator but service mode keeps overriding the call.

It is an old elevator and probably won't be transistor or circuit board controlled like a new one but instead will be controlled by a series of switches and relays. Somebody on another floor calls for the elevator, the doors close but then a relay overrides the call because of service mode and opens the door again

Something happened. She went from there being fully clothed and freaking out for whatever reason to being dead and naked in a cistern

n00bie
02-22-2013, 02:34 PM

Initially I thought maybe it was a service elevator too.. which is why the doors wouldn't close. But after she left, the doors finally closed.. without anyone releasing the service button.

AlphaWolf24
02-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Initially I thought maybe it was a service elevator too.. which is why the doors wouldn't close. But after she left, the doors finally closed.. without anyone releasing the service button.

- Someone needs to take a picture of the Elevator panel... I'm 2 hours away in Santa Barbara....or else I would do it....

- anyone closer to LA?....it's only 6 blocks away from the staple center.:confusedshrug:

- Make sure to let everyone know you are going.....just in case you don't make it back.

TheMan
02-22-2013, 02:48 PM
- Someone needs to take a picture of the Elevator panel... I'm 2 hours away in Santa Barbara....or else I would do it....

- anyone closer to LA?....it's only 6 blocks away from the staple center.:confusedshrug:

- Make sure to let everyone know you are going.....just in case you don't make it back.
lol

no pun intended
02-22-2013, 02:51 PM

Don't worry. You can let ISH know. Before you know it, you will end up on the news as "AlphaWolf24"

-p.tiddy-
02-22-2013, 03:02 PM
you've never heard of a "bad trip" ?

when I was younger my next door neighbor jumped out of his front window because of a bad LSD trip...there was blood everywhere

Beebo
02-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Question for the LA posters on ISH..is the area that Elisa was staying at really as bad as the media says it is?

daily
02-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Question for the LA posters on ISH..is the area that Elisa was staying at really as bad as the media says it is?No it's not.

It's not a bad or good area. It's downtown with a mixed bag of folks like any big downtown. During the day and evening it's ok, full of office workers and young adults that have moved into the new boutique lofts that are taking over the area, late at night? meh not a place you'd want to walk the streets alone, better than 5 years ago but still a ways to go.

It's between the high rent district and no rent skid row district, missions and high end apartments share the same block, you can buy a Rolex for 5k in one store and a fake Rolex for 5 dollars right next door. Some of the buildings you can rent a office or loft for 2,000 a month and your view out the rear will be tents set up on the sidewalk.

The area has evolved a ton since the 90's a real change for the better is taking place in downtown LA but it's still evolving

AlphaWolf24
02-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Question for the LA posters on ISH..is the area that Elisa was staying at really as bad as the media says it is?

Some Homeless and transient folks with Mental disorders....:confusedshrug:

The actual Hotel itself looks pretty nice.

n00bie
02-22-2013, 05:01 PM

LOL.. After watching that video, I can't imagine getting into that exact elevator. Would scare the shit out of me.

AlphaWolf24
02-22-2013, 05:38 PM
LOL.. After watching that video, I can't imagine getting into that exact elevator. Would scare the shit out of me.

yeah after watching that video.....makes me think that a ol' deranged hotel Employee Rigged the elevator so he can control it...

he watches the camera and makes the Door stay open so the person inside is forced to use the stairs....

Then he meets them in the stairwell with a Pig mask on...

-p.tiddy-
02-22-2013, 05:44 PM
she probably pressed the "open door" button which stays lit at that hotel for a set period of time without activity

Beebo
02-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Notice at around 2.57 of the elevator video, the video kinda glitches and the door doesn't close in a smooth motion.

Looks like it's been edited...maybe by the police because theres something they don't want the public to see or it could also be possibly done by the security staff at the hotel.

TheMarkMadsen
02-22-2013, 08:49 PM
you've never heard of a "bad trip" ?

when I was younger my next door neighbor jumped out of his front window because of a bad LSD trip...there was blood everywhere

LSD/Shrooms aren't something you do by yourself in a random hotel hundreds of miles from home..

If you're doing those things alone you probrably my have years I experience wih them, thus eliminating almost all possibility of a bad trip

But I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the victim wasn't an experienced shroomer

n00bie
02-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Notice at around 2.57 of the elevator video, the video kinda glitches and the door doesn't close in a smooth motion.

Looks like it's been edited...maybe by the police because theres something they don't want the public to see or it could also be possibly done by the security staff at the hotel.

That's actually a really good catch. If it was edited by the security, how can the LAPD not catch that!?!?!

DaHeezy
02-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Has anyone notified Clippersfan yet?

daily
02-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Has anyone notified Clippersfan yet?I will as soon as I figure out how to get him on the roof top :lol

02-23-2013, 03:29 AM
This is a weird story...

creepy how the video looks...

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 04:29 AM
I will as soon as I figure out how to get him on the roof top :lol

You know somebody is in your head when you are talking about their death. As for the story it's interesting but nothing supernatural at a first glance. She seems Schizo or like she's on a hallucinogen to me and it's pretty obvious. As others have said she probably was pushing the wrong buttons which is why it didn't react. Most likely she was spamming the "open door" button.

Just because I believe in the paranormal doesn't mean I don't try to logically explain it first lol...

tomtucker
02-23-2013, 04:50 AM
yeah after watching that video.....makes me think that a ol' deranged hotel Employee Rigged the elevator so he can control it...

he watches the camera and makes the Door stay open so the person inside is forced to use the stairs....

Then he meets them in the stairwell with a Pig mask on...
:eek: :applause:

tomtucker
02-23-2013, 05:00 AM
why can

shlver
02-23-2013, 05:15 AM
That video is creepy as ****. Why does the elevator open and close 2 or 3 times with no one entering it?

shlver
02-23-2013, 05:21 AM
I think there's somebody holding the elevator door open that knew there's a camera in there and wouldn't get into the field of view. It's like at first she's hiding then later she seems to be interacting with somebody in the hallway

Her actions seem to ramp up the longer that door stays open. It's like watching a person come to realize they are in a horrible situation with no way out.

That being said it's a very old elevator and maybe it's just persnickety and her pushing so many buttons jammed it up and she's having some form of moment on her own
God this ****ing post gave me a feeling of dread. Imagine if you were in that situation and someone was actually doing that shit to you.

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 06:49 AM
After more reading up on this the video is even more chilling. To think she could have been fleeing a murderer. Toxicology still not back but she sounds like a stand up girl who would never do drugs and had no mental illness. If those things are proven true then we saw raw, real fear for her life and panic.

BrooklynZoo
02-23-2013, 10:16 AM

also notice the running time on the video seems to freeze up a few times in this part of the video, including when the door glitches..

02-23-2013, 01:38 PM
That video is creepy as ****. Why does the elevator open and close 2 or 3 times with no one entering it?

Supposedly this hotel is haunted.

daily
02-23-2013, 01:58 PM
God this ****ing post gave me a feeling of dread. Imagine if you were in that situation and someone was actually doing that shit to you.

Scary stuff. This is such a weird thing, might go down as one of LA's weirder ones when it's all said and done.

n00bie
02-23-2013, 10:21 PM

It was opening and closing because she pressed all the buttons to each floor before leaving the elevator.

n00bie
02-23-2013, 10:22 PM
After more reading up on this the video is even more chilling. To think she could have been fleeing a murderer. Toxicology still not back but she sounds like a stand up girl who would never do drugs and had no mental illness. If those things are proven true then we saw raw, real fear for her life and panic.

Recent updates said they couldn't find the cause of death. Which means she may not have been murdered. They didn't any evidence of a struggle. Maybe someone drugged her, planned to rape her, but she overdosed?

n00bie
02-23-2013, 10:36 PM
A tour of the creepy hotel!

http://youtu.be/mlnOqmzwZuQ

n00bie
02-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Street view of hotel from google map!

9erempiree
02-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Something is definitely creepy about that damn place. Even with the google picture, there is a bus mentioning murder. I take that as it's real.

It use to be a dive hotel and offered hourly rates for John's and hookers. Notice how "DAILY" is not centered.

daily
02-23-2013, 10:52 PM

Priceless.. that advertising on the bus.... :lol

n00bie
02-23-2013, 11:08 PM
From expedia: http://www.expedia.ca/Los-Angeles-Hotels-Cecil-Hotel.h920349.Hotel-Information#reviews

Someone from Vancouver posted a comment on Feb. 13th saying that the elevators in the hotel were not working! :eek:

as everyone suggested in the previous posts, the hotel room is awful, the smallest bed room i have ever seem. the private bathroom is small too, you have to put your jaw into the sink when you sit right front on the toilet. the elevator in the hotel had been down for couple of hours in one day.the "free" breakfast need you pay some tips too.
On the other hand, the location are not as bad as been told, yes, there are many African-american homeless-like guys hugging around the area, but it is still safe enough to walk around at night to take transportation or go buy some supplies.

JerryWest
02-23-2013, 11:23 PM
:biggums:

n00bie
02-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Creepy Fact: TB ourbreak in the same area: http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/23/los-angeles-health-officials-concerned-about-tuberculosis-outbreak-on-skid-row

SHE INFECTING US FROM THE DEAD!!!!

daily
02-23-2013, 11:33 PM

A Lam test is a test for TB

a Elisa kit is any test that uses a color changing chemical reaction to identify certain properties.. drugs, certain diseases, water tests, quality control in the food industry and the like

Like the quick test cops use to identify drugs on the spot is a Elisa kit

But you're correct there is an Elisa kit to test for TB.. that's pretty good

BTW skid row is a couple miles away

eriX
02-24-2013, 12:34 AM
wait so you guys are saying by some coincidence that the test kit and the test for determining TB are identical to her name?

Can this get any worse than it already is?

n00bie
02-24-2013, 01:35 AM
wait so you guys are saying by some coincidence that the test kit and the test for determining TB are identical to her name?

Can this get any worse than it already is?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0fli3hbkB1r4owv3o1_500.jpg

ClutchOver9000
02-24-2013, 01:47 AM

lol...you've got to be shitting me. That is some twilight zone mess right there w/ the bus ad.

9erempiree
02-24-2013, 01:49 AM
I checked and the pic is real.

alwaysunny
02-24-2013, 02:05 AM

SHE INFECTING US FROM THE DEAD!!!!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/35311414.jpg

9erempiree
02-24-2013, 02:11 AM
I pray for her family.

After seeing all these coincidences, if I was family, I would have believed there was a conspiracy from Hollywood. Real life movie and shit.

TB test?
Sketchy hotel?
Google Maps picture?

WTF is next?

kNicKz
02-24-2013, 02:15 AM
creepy ass video

n00bie
02-24-2013, 02:44 AM
I pray for her family.

After seeing all these coincidences, if I was family, I would have believed there was a conspiracy from Hollywood. Real life movie and shit.

TB test?
Sketchy hotel?
Google Maps picture?

WTF is next?

Also.. her death is pretty much the real life story of the movie "Dark Water".

This story probably one of the creepiest stories ever.

ripthekik
02-24-2013, 01:10 PM
damn... freaky stuff...

BrickingStar
02-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Seems like a piece of shit hotel going by that reviws.

Here are some tidbits from a few reviews on http://www.expedia.ca/Los-Angeles-Hotels-Cecil-Hotel.h920349.Hotel-Information#reviews

all before the incident

"There is a lot of homeless people asking money, and for those like me that were saving money using just buses and subways, it's kind of scary and not that safe getting there after the nightfall. There is no parties around there, and places to eat close very early."

"The hotel disadvantages are as follow: the rooms are dark with odd smell, there is only sink inside the rooms, shower rooms and toilets are in the corridors and shared with other guests, continental breakfast was only cereals and the water provided for tea in the flasks was cold every day. (Nowhere near continental breakfast,).Plenty of homeless around however not trouble to anybody, not a suitable hotel for families and young kids."

"Almost got robbed walking out of the hotel by a Mexican gang member
Depolorable aesthetics. They hiked the vending machine prices basically in front of me because I was buying alot from it. Sink in room had mildew and grime present. My room reminded me that "Hell" does exist, With how sweltering it was" :lol

"The area surrounding the hotel was very scarry to say the least. For exemple, there was a homeless person sleeping outside the front door.
As for the cleanliness - it was horrible - for example, had to kill a very large cockrotch in our room that had terrified my son.
This was by far the worst hotel I had ever stayed in. Please NEVER recommmend this to others. I have stayed numerous times with Expedia hotels and always have been satisfied with the accomodations -not this time"

"Pathetic..
The rooms are not at all neat. The walls were like can fall apart anytime. feel like you are in a haunted building.
Was scared to walk in the corridors.
Dont get proper hot water in the mornings.
The bed creeks.. There is no ACs, which I didnt knew until I checked-in.
They say the bathroom is shared for 4 rooms, but its for entire floor.
Not many options will be available for you to upgrade even if you want to, by paying extra money.
They dont serve any good breakfast.
The receptionist doesn't provide any good basic information.
They have these 4 sets of deadbolts to the door, that itself shows that even they are not sure of their customers safety.
We were continuously hearing to the loud police sirens all night long, can hardly sleep."
Dont recommends if you are looking fora pleasant stay. Not worth the price.

loled at these 3
"The elevators from hell. I believe they went all the way down to hell; that's why they took so long."

"What a piece of shit"

"5 minutes after leaving the hotel I noticed that I left my wallet back there. I didn't bother retrieving it"

I was just being nice posting these, A lot of people going into a lot of detail on how much of a piece of shit is it in there just too long to post in here, go see for yourself on the link

n00bie
02-24-2013, 04:00 PM
"5 minutes after leaving the hotel I noticed that I left my wallet back there. I didn't bother retrieving it"

I was just being nice posting these, A lot of people going into a lot of detail on how much of a piece of shit is it in there just too long to post in here, go see for yourself on the link

LOL.. must be pretty bad to not even try to retrieve your wallet.

zizozain
02-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Regarding what button Elisa Lam presses in the CCTV footage -

Elisa Lam was responsible for keeping the elevator door open by pressing the DOOR HOLD button.

Look at this image of the Cecil Hotel elevator panel she used.

http://i.imgur.com/we6I2JX.jpg

The buttons she presses on the middle row from top to bottom:

14 (the floor she was on, since the button didn't light up), 10, 7, 4 (the floor of her hotel room), M (mezzanine), B (basement) and finally the DOOR HOLD button on the very bottom.

On the youtube video, here is the time lime that I believe is what went down on the night of February 1st when that CCTV footage was recorded in the elevator -

0:03 Elisa enters elevator, no glasses. Demeanor suggest in a normal state, no panic.

0:06 She leans her face very close to the elevator panel buttons, but has a hard time to make up the numbers.

Using her memory, she remembers the 4th floor (her hotel room floor) is on the middle row. She decides, "what the heck", and presses the entire middle row as a gamble hoping she reach her floor.

0:07 Look at this image of the Cecil Hotel elevator panel she used.

0:11 Right when she is about to press the final button on the bottom, the DOOR HOLD button (refer to the picture on my reply post), notice the elevator door about to close.

It is only then when she presses the DOOR HOLD button that the elevator door retracts, and remains open.

0:13 Elisa backs up and waits for the elevator to close as normal. However it takes too long and then she begins to wonder if somebody is outside the hallway preventing the door from closing

0:23 Elisa slowly and cautiously steps forward to investigate the hallway. She carefully lunges out quick to get a quick peek out the hallway - but nobody is outside.

0:25 Elisa steps back into the elevator, bemused at finding nobody outside the hallway. I can imagine right now, her feeling nervous and confused. She wonders to herself, "is it a ghost??" "Is somebody outside the elevator?"

She spooks her self, and backs into the elevator wall, and into the corner

0:39 she musters up the courage again to step out the elevator to see if anybody is outside. Slowly taking cautious steps since there is a hallway on the left and right, and anybody is able to hide around the corner there.

0:57 At this point, security guards in the CCTV monitor room, watching her every move via the CCTV camera in the elevator get concerned, and one of them is dispatched to take the second elevator next to the one Elisa is in up to the 14th floor.

1:12 Elisa stands outside the elevator, back against the wall. She wonders if there is a problem with the elevator sensor and waits to see if it will close if she is out of the elevator

1:27 After waiting for so long for the elevator to work, with no luck - Elisa becomes frustrated and panics. She puts her hands on her head and gets back in the elevator as if to say "oh my god, why isn't this elevator working??"

This is when she gives a second attempt, to press ALL off the buttons again, only on the middle row to see if it will work. Unknowingly, she presses the DOOR HOLD button multiple times, triggering it on and off and on, resetting the door hold timer.

1:56 Elisa steps out the elevator again, and by this time, the security guard using the other elevator beside the one Elisa is in finally reaches up the 14th floor.

He steps out, away from camera view from the 1st elevator and calls out to? Elisa asking what is going on.

Elisa is surprised, and then gestures toward the elevator explaining her dilemma with the elevator not working. The guard asks her how many times she (still figuring out what), and Elisa uses her fingers to count 3 times.

I believe that Elisa Lam was looking for a public shower room that was vacant since the one on the 4th floor was occupied.

The Stay on Main hostel rooms at the Cecil Hotel are on the 1st - 5th floor as I'm told from somebody who stayed there a year ago. There are no showers in those resident rooms, which is why they need to use the public shower rooms located out on the hallway.

She must of been too stubborn to go back to her hotel room to get her glasses, which is why she is seen having trouble seeing the buttons on the elevator, and then taking a gamble to press the entire column hoping she'll get to her 4th floor from the 14th floor, but she unknowingly pressed the DOOR HOLD button as well.

c/p

n00bie
02-24-2013, 05:14 PM

Elisa Lam was responsible for keeping the elevator door open by pressing the DOOR HOLD button.

The buttons she presses on the middle row from top to bottom:

14 (the floor she was on, since the button didn't light up), 10, 7, 4 (the floor of her hotel room), M (mezzanine), B (basement) and finally the DOOR HOLD button on the very bottom.

On the youtube video, here is the time lime that I believe is what went down on the night of February 1st when that CCTV footage was recorded in the elevator -

0:03 Elisa enters elevator, no glasses. Demeanor suggest in a normal state, no panic.

0:06 She leans her face very close to the elevator panel buttons, but has a hard time to make up the numbers.

Using her memory, she remembers the 4th floor (her hotel room floor) is on the middle row. She decides, "what the heck", and presses the entire middle row as a gamble hoping she reach her floor.

I can't imagine someone that would just press all the buttons in the middle. That would mean A LOT of stops before you get to the 4th floor.

0:07 Look at this image of the Cecil Hotel elevator panel she used.

0:11 Right when she is about to press the final button on the bottom, the DOOR HOLD button (refer to the picture on my reply post), notice the elevator door about to close.

It is only then when she presses the DOOR HOLD button that the elevator door retracts, and remains open.

0:13 Elisa backs up and waits for the elevator to close as normal. However it takes too long and then she begins to wonder if somebody is outside the hallway preventing the door from closing

0:23 Elisa slowly and cautiously steps forward to investigate the hallway. She carefully lunges out quick to get a quick peek out the hallway - but nobody is outside.

0:25 Elisa steps back into the elevator, bemused at finding nobody outside the hallway. I can imagine right now, her feeling nervous and confused. She wonders to herself, "is it a ghost??" "Is somebody outside the elevator?"

She spooks her self, and backs into the elevator wall, and into the corner

0:39 she musters up the courage again to step out the elevator to see if anybody is outside. Slowly taking cautious steps since there is a hallway on the left and right, and anybody is able to hide around the corner there.

0:57 At this point, security guards in the CCTV monitor room, watching her every move via the CCTV camera in the elevator get concerned, and one of them is dispatched to take the second elevator next to the one Elisa is in up to the 14th floor.

If that was the case, they would have interviewed the security guards that day. The only reason the LAPD even released this video to the public was to find her when she was reported missing. If there was nothing strange about the video, or if the security guard that checked up on her said everything was fine.. this video wouldn't have even been released.

1:12 Elisa stands outside the elevator, back against the wall. She wonders if there is a problem with the elevator sensor and waits to see if it will close if she is out of the elevator

1:27 After waiting for so long for the elevator to work, with no luck - Elisa becomes frustrated and panics. She puts her hands on her head and gets back in the elevator as if to say "oh my god, why isn't this elevator working??"

This is when she gives a second attempt, to press ALL off the buttons again, only on the middle row to see if it will work. Unknowingly, she presses the DOOR HOLD button multiple times, triggering it on and off and on, resetting the door hold timer.

1:56 Elisa steps out the elevator again, and by this time, the security guard using the other elevator beside the one Elisa is in finally reaches up the 14th floor.

He steps out, away from camera view from the 1st elevator and calls out to? Elisa asking what is going on.

If a security guard actually spoke to her before she went missing, wouldn't that be an important fact to the investigation? Nothing was ever mentioned that a security guard actually spoke to Elisa. If the security guard was the last one to actually speak to her before she was killed, he should seriously be considered as an important witness.

Elisa is surprised, and then gestures toward the elevator explaining her dilemma with the elevator not working. The guard asks her how many times she (still figuring out what), and Elisa uses her fingers to count 3 times.
Elisa was gesturing / speaking to someone on the right side. If it was the security guard, how come he never once walks past the camera? Elisa leaves on the left side of the screen. So the security guard just told her to be on her way, and left her alone? Wouldn't he have just went to the elevator to see what's wrong? Possibly just releasing the hold door button for her?

I believe that Elisa Lam was looking for a public shower room that was vacant since the one on the 4th floor was occupied.

If she was looking for a public shower, why didn't she have any towels, change or clothes, soap, etc?

The Stay on Main hostel rooms at the Cecil Hotel are on the 1st - 5th floor as I'm told from somebody who stayed there a year ago. There are no showers in those resident rooms, which is why they need to use the public shower rooms located out on the hallway.

She must of been too stubborn to go back to her hotel room to get her glasses, which is why she is seen having trouble seeing the buttons on the elevator, and then taking a gamble to press the entire column hoping she'll get to her 4th floor from the 14th floor, but she unknowingly pressed the DOOR HOLD button as well.

c/p

Nothing you stated makes any sense except for the "Door Hold" button.

Are there timers to the door hold button, or will it only close if the button is released?

zizozain
02-24-2013, 05:16 PM
damn... freaky stuff...
look at this

Decomposing body found in water tank that of Elisa Lam..

Hotel guests/residents were drinking/ingesting, bathing etc. with this water.

TB test, which is for a particular form of TB (that can be contracted by ingesting)
MIRRORS HER NAME.

Hotel Cecil, Downtown LA
ELISA LAM.

TB outbreak, Downtown LA
LAM ELISA (Name of test)

ELISA LAM= LAM ELISA

----------------------

Feb - 21 - 2013

Thousands May Have Been Exposed To Deadly TB Epidemic Downtown

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com)

n00bie
02-24-2013, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=zizozain]look at this

Decomposing body found in water tank that of Elisa Lam..

Hotel guests/residents were drinking/ingesting, bathing etc. with this water.

TB test, which is for a particular form of TB (that can be contracted by ingesting)
MIRRORS HER NAME.

Hotel Cecil, Downtown LA
ELISA LAM.

TB outbreak, Downtown LA
LAM ELISA (Name of test)

ELISA LAM= LAM ELISA

----------------------

Feb - 21 - 2013

Thousands May Have Been Exposed To Deadly TB Epidemic Downtown

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com)

zizozain
02-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Not sure if I believe this, but there is a company called "the invisible light agency" that is actually located at the hotel.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Cecil+Hotel,+South+Main+Street,+Los+Angeles ,+CA,+United+States&hl=en&ll=34.044527,-118.250611&spn=0.000527,0.000597&sll=34.04569,-118.254004&sspn=0.049214,0.057249&oq=cecil&hq=Cecil+Hotel,+South+Main+Street,+Los+Angeles,+CA ,+United+States&t=h&z=21

Their company website is nothing but a pyramid: http://invisiblelight.tv/

:wtf:

No possible way this could be just a coincidence

zizozain
02-24-2013, 06:32 PM
Some Homeless and transient folks with Mental disorders....:confusedshrug:

The actual Hotel itself looks pretty nice.

9erempiree
02-24-2013, 06:35 PM
you can log in the site here lol

http://invisiblelight.tv/il_client_login.php

and here's their facebook with 3 likes lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Invisible-Light-Agency/108696405839841

I pretty much researched the site myself too. There's nothing on their site but a Log In.

I also checked their FB page and it had 3 Likes. So I clicked to see who the likes were and saw a couple of FB pages.

Browsing through it, one of the guys seem to like other agencies such as screen writing and stuff. It could be some Hollywood movie agency or something of that sorts.

WHOIS...doesn't show who the owner of the site is either.

9erempiree
02-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Someone should call the agency, if there's a number and say the guy's name on Facebook told you to call them and find out what they are all about.

ISH investigation up in here.

daily
02-24-2013, 11:37 PM

Cecil only has 14 floors and no mezzanine

daily
02-24-2013, 11:47 PM
I pretty much researched the site myself too. There's nothing on their site but a Log In.

I also checked their FB page and it had 3 Likes. So I clicked to see who the likes were and saw a couple of FB pages.

Browsing through it, one of the guys seem to like other agencies such as screen writing and stuff. It could be some Hollywood movie agency or something of that sorts.

WHOIS...doesn't show who the owner of the site is either.

Found this on the agency

http://radaris.com/p/Cynthia/Hongpanich/

Cynthia Hongpanich

Title: Executive Producer and CoFounder :: The Invisible Light Agency

Industry: Broadcast Media

Past: Musician / Concert Manager at The Classical Four - Accordion Quartet, Freelance Producer at Pyrographik, Senior Producer at TEQUILA / TBWA Advertising Agency, Project Manager at Team One

Looks like a talent type of agency or something like that... Probably really small time outfit.. addy is next door to the Cecil at 620 not 640

Bosnian Sajo
02-25-2013, 02:02 AM
Can't wait to see how this story unfolds, definitely crazy.

rezznor
02-25-2013, 12:01 PM
for people who say that there was no foul play and it was an accidental death due to drugs or her going crazy or whatever...she was found naked right? then where were her clothes? if the clothes weren't found around the water tank then she would have had to strip naked, hide her clothes somewhere while she wandered through this hotel without being seen and before reaching the roof. highly improbable. someone had to have gotten rid of the clothes right? foul play was definitely involved.

n00bie
02-25-2013, 12:32 PM
for people who say that there was no foul play and it was an accidental death due to drugs or her going crazy or whatever...she was found naked right? then where were her clothes? if the clothes weren't found around the water tank then she would have had to strip naked, hide her clothes somewhere while she wandered through this hotel without being seen and before reaching the roof. highly improbable. someone had to have gotten rid of the clothes right? foul play was definitely involved.

Her autopsy didn't provide any answers in her death.. which would mean she didn't drown. I believe when someone drowns, they can easily determine the cause of death because of the water in the lungs.

The fact that they are now relying on toxicology tests means that they can't figure out how she died. If she didn't drown, then either someone killed or, or someone put her body in the water tank after she died.

daily
02-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Her autopsy didn't provide any answers in her death.. which would mean she didn't drown. I believe when someone drowns, they can easily determine the cause of death because of the water in the lungs.

The fact that they are now relying on toxicology tests means that they can't figure out how she died. If she didn't drown, then either someone killed or, or someone put her body in the water tank after she died.

Don't jump that horse yet. and start making assumptions

The coroner said her autopsy didn't show a definitive answer. He never said she didn't drown or even remark on if she had water in her lungs. the preliminary report is just saying there were no outward signs of trauma.

Fudge
02-25-2013, 12:51 PM
I got goosebumps reading almost every comment in the thread. I haven't even seen the elevator footage yet, i kinda don't want to either.

IamSofaKing
02-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Im actually really curios to find out the cause of her death was.

Clippersfan86
02-25-2013, 02:04 PM
I got goosebumps reading almost every comment in the thread. I haven't even seen the elevator footage yet, i kinda don't want to either.

It's a woman pushing the open door button a gazillion times (thus holding the door open) while acting paranoid either from a real threat, mental illness or drugs. Really not as creepy as people are making it seem IMO.

Pacers4ever
02-25-2013, 02:08 PM
So what the hell is "invisible light agency" It's like they're just there for no reason.

rufuspaul
02-25-2013, 02:10 PM
She is clearly in an altered state. No normal person behaves that way, especially the weird shit with her hands.

Is He Ill
02-25-2013, 02:30 PM
She is clearly in an altered state. No normal person behaves that way, especially the weird shit with her hands.

Yeah, that was pretty odd.

Niytrus
02-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Yeah, that was pretty odd.

That & pressing multiple buttons over and over... I agree that she wasn't in the right state of mind. Will be interesting to see how the case ends.

Clippersfan86
02-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Drugs or mental illness.

rezznor
02-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Drugs or mental illness.
what happened to her clothes?

zizozain
02-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Investigators searched the roof of the hotel with the aid of dogs when Lam was first reported missing. Sgt. Rudy Lopez said he didn't know if the tanks were examined.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/hotel-guests-horrified-after-canadian-tourist-found-dead-in-water-tank.html

She was transported to the roof and put in the tank. Had she walked on the roof at all the dogs would have picked up on her scent all over the place

zizozain
02-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Chinese web site with pics including inside the water tank

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/574579_536149859740895_62737768_n.jpg

rezznor
02-25-2013, 04:13 PM
btw, dark water, the movie everyone is comparing this to was actually a japanese movie that got remade. (i know she's canadian/chinese)

Styles p
02-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Watching the last hours of a dead person is quite creepy to me.

I can watch scary horror movies, read up on dead celebrities, urban myth, etc but when it comes to normal everyday people, I'm petrified by it. When I was a kid, I couldn't stand staying in the living whenever my mom watched Unsolved Mysteries. That show was creepy as fck, and the host was just as creepy.
this, i remember one episode when i was a little kid that somebody came through the roof of a elevator and killed somebody then this story i'm taking the stairs from now on.

AlphaWolf24
02-25-2013, 06:59 PM

c/p

Is that a confirmed picture?....could be a random pic

- it has a Hold door button.....but you have to press the Button again for the Doors to close.

- Watch the video....the doors are open when she leaves....they close automatically.....with no one pushing the button again.

-p.tiddy-
02-25-2013, 07:27 PM
they close after a set amount of time...like 2 minutes

BrooklynZoo
02-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Not sure if I believe this, but there is a company called "the invisible light agency" that is actually located at the hotel.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Cecil+Hotel,+South+Main+Street,+Los+Angeles ,+CA,+United+States&hl=en&ll=34.044527,-118.250611&spn=0.000527,0.000597&sll=34.04569,-118.254004&sspn=0.049214,0.057249&oq=cecil&hq=Cecil+Hotel,+South+Main+Street,+Los+Angeles,+CA ,+United+States&t=h&z=21

Their company website is nothing but a pyramid: http://invisiblelight.tv/

:wtf:

am i missing something? what does this company have to do with the case?

daily
02-25-2013, 09:22 PM

Nothing :lol

PrettyCool
02-25-2013, 09:44 PM
It's a woman pushing the open door button a gazillion times (thus holding the door open) while acting paranoid either from a real threat, mental illness or drugs. Really not as creepy as people are making it seem IMO.

Considering the fact that she died shortly after, I find it ultra creepy. Even if it was drugs, and/or mental illness, let alone foul play. I'm sorry but most people here don't believe in Ghosts, and find similar ideas cartoonish. actual human nature and behavior can be very creepy though. Whether it's through drugs or mental illness, watching someone with no control of themselves that ends in a pretty horrific death is VERY creepy.

That's without considering that there is a decent chance that there was foul play (not involving casper).

n00bie
02-25-2013, 10:44 PM

We were discussing some Illuminati bs, and there was coincidentally a company beside the hotel that had a pyramid on their website.

IamRAMBO24
02-25-2013, 11:09 PM
She is definitely not on drugs; there is no way. Her actions speak of a person scared out of her mind. There should be more tale tell signs of drug use: for example, does she have a glowstick, pacifier, and is she dancing to trance music on an ipod or anything. She's asian. That's how they party in South Cali.

Beebo
02-26-2013, 01:57 AM
I wish people would drop the angle that she died because she was having a bad trip or whatever. Now I understand that people tend to act differently when they travel to other places and it's not out of the possibility that she may have been experimenting...but from what I've heard she doesn't drink or smoke; basically a girl kept on the straight line.

Quizno
02-26-2013, 02:16 AM
She is definitely not on drugs; there is no way. Her actions speak of a person scared out of her mind. There should be more tale tell signs of drug use: for example, does she have a glowstick, pacifier, and is she dancing to trance music on an ipod or anything. She's asian. That's how they party in South Cali.
i can confirm that this is true

IamRAMBO24
02-26-2013, 07:02 AM
Considering the fact that she died shortly after, I find it ultra creepy. Even if it was drugs, and/or mental illness, let alone foul play. I'm sorry but most people here don't believe in Ghosts, and find similar ideas cartoonish. actual human nature and behavior can be very creepy though. Whether it's through drugs or mental illness, watching someone with no control of themselves that ends in a pretty horrific death is VERY creepy.

That's without considering that there is a decent chance that there was foul play (not involving casper).

Carl Jung, one of the greatest and most influential psychologists in this century, did a concrete, scientific study on ghosts, so I wouldn't exactly call it "cartoonish."

Sure we don't know much about the supernatural, but our ignorance should not exclude it altogether in intellectual thought. It is a radical idea, but not everyone can be as radical, hence why he is the best and his ideas will be studied for generations straight on forward.

As for the idea of a supernatural entity in this series of events, I would say probably not. I'm sure drugs are not involved; I'm sure someone was after her, and that she was afraid, and when people panic, they do weird things; I'm also guessing the person who murdered her happen to live at the hotel to be able to avoid the camera. Also, this person seems like a stranger, someone she has never met, for her to be "overly" cautious in approaching him.

After she left the elevator, she was dragged into a room where she was raped and drugged of something that will knock her out (a toxiological report might come back positive for barbituates) and then dumped into the water bins because the murderer had no other place to dump her due to the security, front desk, and customers in the main lobby.

Just my guess using a bit of reasoning based on the known facts so far.

PrettyCool
02-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Carl Jung, one of the greatest and most influential psychologists in this century, did a concrete, scientific study on ghosts, so I wouldn't exactly call it "cartoonish."

Sure we don't know much about the supernatural, but our ignorance should not exclude it altogether in intellectual thought. It is a radical idea, but not everyone can be as radical, hence why he is the best and his ideas will be studied for generations straight on forward.

As for the idea of a supernatural entity in this series of events, I would say probably not. I'm sure drugs are not involved; I'm sure someone was after her, and that she was afraid, and when people panic, they do weird things; I'm also guessing the person who murdered her happen to live at the hotel to be able to avoid the camera. Also, this person seems like a stranger, someone she has never met, for her to be "overly" cautious in approaching him.

After she left the elevator, she was dragged into a room where she was raped and drugged of something that will knock her out (a toxiological report might come back positive for barbituates) and then dumped into the water bins because the murderer had no other place to dump her due to the security, front desk, and customers in the main lobby.

Just my guess using a bit of reasoning based on the known facts so far.

It is cartoonish. I don't know much about the carl Jung experiment so I won't comment, but it doesn't surprise me. People who think they saw ghosts is a real psychological phenomenon. Mostly among morons, but that's not the point.

There are no facts, because you can not prove or disprove most supernatural things that are so out there with no basis in reality that you can't even begin to test their existence. Ghosts are in the same boat as lepracahns, and if you even think theirs a chance they exist then your a ****ing idiot.

Sarcastic
02-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Im actually really curios to find out the cause of her death was.

http://www.jack-nicholson.info/images/varia/jack-nicholson-the-shining.jpg

n00bie
02-26-2013, 12:53 PM
anyone notice around 1:07-1:08 of the video, her arms are suddenly straight and relaxed? (kinda like what happens when someone is possessed in the movies)

After that.. she goes kinda crazy.. talks to herself, goes back in the elevator to frantically press more buttons, etc.

AlphaWolf24
02-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Oh how deep does the rabbit hole go?

"Dead Man's Bones is a rock duet consisting of Ryan Gosling and Zach Shields. Their first album, Dead Man's Bones, was released on October 6, 2009 through ANTI- Records. The entire album is a collaboration with the Silverlake Conservatory Children's Choir started by Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea from Los Angeles, California Gosling performs under the alias "Baby Goose"."

The song "Buried in water" by Dead Man's Bones. Ryan Gosling.
Elisa Lam's body found floating in a 3/4 water tank.

Intagram sent from Lam days before her death...

http://www.iask.ca/uploads/allimg/130223/0S01C340-1.jpg

rezznor
02-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Reading this thread before bed. Worst..idea..EVER! I didn't watch the elevator video, and I don't think I will be anytime soon :lol
http://www.angryasianman.com/images/angry/elisalam02.jpg

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2013/02/eliza-lam-video.jpeg

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/bayou/files/2013/02/corpse_20130221060811_320_240.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/HH9PRhgDK_o/0.jpg

http://hw-post1.worldstarhiphop.com/p1/pic/2013/02/HOTELDEATH.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/66d1d6018e6a7454bb346c831ce98182/tumblr_inline_mis0m0a9F51r78cj4.png

AlphaWolf24
02-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Picture of the elevator Elisa was in...

http://www.mingpaotor.com/ftp/News/20130225/_240225lam03.jpg

roof access/15th floor button is removed

Footnote: apparantley the Hotel has about 10 really shady people living in it. ( google sex offenders in that Hotel)

some have been living there over 10 years....they would know how to stay out of the camera's and know how to access the roof/water tanks.

Most people agree she pushed all the buttons to avoid someone figuring out what floor she was staying on...(4th)

n00bie
02-26-2013, 05:15 PM

Footnote: apparantley the Hotel has about 10 really shady people living in it. ( google sex offenders in that Hotel)

some have been living there over 10 years....they would know how to stay out of the camera's and know how to access the roof/water tanks.

Most people agree she pushed all the buttons to avoid someone figuring out what floor she was staying on...(4th)

Where you get that picture from? Don't tell me you went in that elevator yourself. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

TheMan
02-26-2013, 05:42 PM
AlphaWolf24, reputed ISH poster, has now gone missing after visiting the Cecil Hotel...full story at 10.:(

n00bie
02-26-2013, 06:01 PM
good recap of the story on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYFemcnJixY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOaXm4KJli8

rezznor
02-26-2013, 06:22 PM
good recap of the story on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYFemcnJixY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOaXm4KJli8
she wrote in her blog that she hoped her mexican and italian stalkers would leave her alone :eek:

AlphaWolf24
02-26-2013, 07:47 PM
AlphaWolf24, reputed ISH poster, has now gone missing after visiting the Cecil Hotel...full story at 10.:(

:lol

If that did happen...no doubt I would make the news....."we are all celebrities here at InsideHoops."

Where you get that picture from? Don't tell me you went in that elevator yourself.

heck naw......

some Chinese guy is conducting his own investigation....

daily
02-26-2013, 08:09 PM
she wrote in her blog that she hoped her mexican and italian stalkers would leave her alone :eek:

Be careful with what you read. Not sure if the blog you saw is the same but one supposed blog a Tumblr account and an Instagram account have all been proven to be hoaxes with fabricated information. There was an actual facebook but her family emptied it out, account's still there but every post and picture have been removed

daily
02-26-2013, 08:40 PM
:lol

If that did happen...no doubt I would make the news....."we are all celebrities

some Chinese guy is conducting his own investigation....

Here he is. Google Chrome browser will translate for you

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2179533681?see_lz=1&pn=2

IamRAMBO24
02-26-2013, 09:05 PM
It is cartoonish. I don't know much about the carl Jung experiment so I won't comment, but it doesn't surprise me. People who think they saw ghosts is a real psychological phenomenon. Mostly among morons, but that's not the point.

There are no facts, because you can not prove or disprove most supernatural things that are so out there with no basis in reality that you can't even begin to test their existence. Ghosts are in the same boat as lepracahns, and if you even think theirs a chance they exist then your a ****ing idiot.

Believing in the supernatural is no different than believing in the spiritual. Heck, you can even throw in love. Do you believe in love. If you do, then it is rubbish because there are no concrete evidence of it's existence. Stop being so generic. Reality is too vast to only be obssessed with a shallow materialistic view (which has already been disproven and is consider a "delusional" way of viewing the world btw).

IamRAMBO24
02-26-2013, 09:13 PM
PrettyCool

You might think you know it all (as the name implies), but trust me, this only implies you don't know sh*t. Heed the wise advice of Socrates (which is the start of TRUE LEARNING and not the memorization crap you learn in school).

"The only thing I know is that I know nothing."

People who don't act like they know it all will always strive to learn; they never say this or that cannot possibly be true; they always question. This is why they are smart.

Idiots like you think they know it all which is a fallacy in and of itself: you can't possibly know it all and even if you throw around your stupid facts and experiments, it doesn't mean sh*t because there are no absolute truths. There are only temporary truths. New ideas will replace the facts and this will go on forever, so even your facts and premises cannot be absolutely true, but nothing more than subjective truths.

So don't act like you know it all; act like you don't know and start learning.

n00bie
02-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Here he is. Google Chrome browser will translate for you

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2179533681?see_lz=1&pn=2

Interesting read! He mentioned that one of the "hold door" buttons are broken.

He also said the buttons in both the elevators are on the left hand side of the elevator.. yet Elisa Lam's video.. the buttons are on the right side? (unless google translation is giving me the wrong info from the thread).

Edit: nvm, he made a mistake. later on the thread he says the right elevator's buttons are on the right side.

PrettyCool
02-26-2013, 10:57 PM
PrettyCool

You might think you know it all (as the name implies), but trust me, this only implies you don't know sh*t. Heed the wise advice of Socrates (which is the start of TRUE LEARNING and not the memorization crap you learn in school).

"The only thing I know is that I know nothing."

People who don't act like they know it all will always strive to learn; they never say this or that cannot possibly be true; they always question. This is why they are smart.

Idiots like you think they know it all which is a fallacy in and of itself: you can't possibly know it all and even if you throw around your stupid facts and experiments, it doesn't mean sh*t because there are no absolute truths. There are only temporary truths. New ideas will replace the facts and this will go on forever, so even your facts and premises cannot be absolutely true, but nothing more than subjective truths.

So don't act like you know it all; act like you don't know and start learning.

I don't know it all. I just don't believe in the supernatural because.......you can't prove or disprove the supernatural. In other words they are so completely out there that you can't even begin to collect data. This includes deities, ghosts and midget Irishmen who wear green and put their gold behind ****ing rainbows.

Cool, you believe in ghosts. Striving to keep and open mind about ****ing ghosts is only going to make me more ignorant. Just stfu when people challenge your beliefs. Your long rambling posts aren't proving anything to me, or anybody else because non-retards are going to just dismiss your posts because they don't believe in ghosts lol.

I feel like I've earned an ISH medal after you, king of tards without self awareness, called me an idiot.

knickballer
02-26-2013, 11:35 PM

lol reminds me of this movie
[IMG]http://cinemaknifefight.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/1408_2007_991_poster.jpg[/IMG

creepy movie btw

IamRAMBO24
02-26-2013, 11:44 PM
I don't know it all. I just don't believe in the supernatural because.......you can't prove or disprove the supernatural. In other words they are so completely out there that you can't even begin to collect data. This includes deities, ghosts and midget Irishmen who wear green and put their gold behind ****ing rainbows.

Cool, you believe in ghosts. Striving to keep and open mind about ****ing ghosts is only going to make me more ignorant. Just stfu when people challenge your beliefs. Your long rambling posts aren't proving anything to me, or anybody else because non-retards are going to just dismiss your posts because they don't believe in ghosts lol.

I feel like I've earned an ISH medal after you, king of tards without self awareness, called me an idiot.

Fair enough.

The thing is I will never doubt anything as completely untrue because it will hamper my creative ability to imagine and create new truths.

If you believe you already know all there is to know based on a Scientific formula that has only been created about 50 years or so through your mediocre public education, so be it.

The act of not believing everything and always questioning in the hopes of finding deeper truths is more attractive to me. Call me a moron, but at least a moron like me can find solace in a premise he is completely satisfied with.

Maniak
02-27-2013, 12:01 AM
If this was an American girl found dead in a Canadian hotel(or any other country), the police, other govt officials and the media wouldn't suggest accidental or drug-related immediately. Murder, foul play would be the initial reports.
smartest post in this whole thread.

IamRAMBO24
02-27-2013, 12:24 AM
If this was an American girl found dead in a Canadian hotel(or any other country), the police, other govt officials and the media wouldn't suggest accidental or drug-related immediately. Murder, foul play would be the initial reports.

Don't be foolish, this case is being treated as a homicide as we speak. It's not official because all the facts are not out yet, but the investigative team is digging into that angle as we speak especially when one of the officers said, "She must've of been carried to the water bins because the dogs could not pick up the scent."

Race baiting is very homosexual.

PrettyCool
02-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Fair enough.

The thing is I will never doubt anything as completely untrue because it will hamper my creative ability to imagine and create new truths.

If you believe you already know all there is to know based on a Scientific formula that has only been created about 50 years or so through your mediocre public education, so be it.

The act of not believing everything and always questioning in the hopes of finding deeper truths is more attractive to me. Call me a moron, but at least a moron like me can find solace in a premise he is completely satisfied with.

ok lol. I'm not going to question my belief in a "scientific forumula" (do you mean the scientific process?) because some meth heads saw a girl walking down a hallway in their apartment, or some creepy things happened on a specific wing of a battle ship according to a late night special on the History channel.

Jello
02-27-2013, 12:33 AM
rambo24 is a ****ing intelligent human being. He can imagine shit like ghosts and he calls them deeper truths.:applause: **** stupid facts and observations from stupid experiments, all you need is your imagination.

bdreason
02-27-2013, 12:43 AM
Watched the video again, and she's definitely on something. It looks like she's not coping well with whatever she's on, which reinforces my belief that she was drugged against her will.

I can imagine a situation where she's invited over for a drink, gets drugged, starts feeling strange, and attempts to return to her room.

IamRAMBO24
02-27-2013, 01:03 AM
rambo24 is a ****ing intelligent human being. He can imagine shit like ghosts and he calls them deeper truths.:applause: **** stupid facts and observations from stupid experiments, all you need is your imagination.

Yup, the use of imagination is hands down the highest intellectual thought that has time and time again evolved mankind. Einstein had a dream he was running at the speed of light and based his whole conception on this idea alone; then you have Watson with the imagination of 2 snakes intertwining to create the double helix, so on and so forth, not to mention many great thinkers such as Newton, Kant, Schopenhauer, Faraday, etc. who have used their imaginations to make great strides towards the advancement of mankind.

The system you guys are using (which revolves around a mediocre public education that teaches a distorted system of truth) has yield absolutely no modern day "geniuses" in our public colleges today and in fact discourages the usage of a very valuable aspect of our intellect: creativity.

I am not an educated guy; I am a philosopher, so my idea of truth and intellect is very different than your's. You see, you were TOLD how to think, while I was taught to really think. Big difference.

Jello
02-27-2013, 01:08 AM
Yup, the use of imagination is hands down the highest intellectual thought that has time and time again evolved mankind. Einstein had a dream he was running at the speed of light and based his whole conception on this idea alone; then you have Watson with the imagination of 2 snakes intertwining to create the double helix, so on and so forth, not to mention many great thinkers such as Newton, Kant, Schopenhauer, Faraday, etc. who have used their imaginations to make great strides towards the advancement of mankind.

The system you guys are using (which revolves around a mediocre public education that teaches a distorted system of truth) has yield absolutely no modern day "geniuses" in our public colleges today and in fact discourages the usage of a very valuable aspect of our intellect: creativity.

I am not an educated guy; I am a philosopher, so my idea of truth and intellect is very different than your's. You see, you were TOLD how to think, while I was taught to really think. Big difference.
:applause: :applause: :applause: You are the next Einstein, Watson, Schopenhauer, Faraday, etc. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

daily
02-27-2013, 01:11 AM

You possess a self-insulating thought process, If anyone disagrees they simply become part of the masses beneath your level of thought, meaning for you there is no information anyone could share that could change your mind.

Have fun with this in your future, you're about to become one miserable SOB

IamRAMBO24
02-27-2013, 01:11 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause: You are the next Einstein, Watson, Schopenhauer, Faraday, etc. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I bet you have neither read them nor had any conception of what they really stood for.

Jello
02-27-2013, 01:14 AM
I bet you have neither read them nor had any conception of what they really stood for.
Don't need to. I can imagine it or dream about it at night.

shlver
02-27-2013, 01:19 AM
:lol Iamrambo24 derailed this thread so hard with his nonsense.

IamRAMBO24
02-27-2013, 01:20 AM
You possess a self-insulating thought process, If anyone disagrees they simply become part of the masses beneath your level of thought, meaning for you there is no information anyone could share that could change your mind.

Have fun with this in your future, you're about to become one miserable SOB

Well, at least you are catching on. Unlike these intellectual hasbeens who think they know it all, the act of questioning to me in and of itself is the process of learning.

Come up with a better idea, and my mind will change. Period. And really it is the start of digging for deeper truths and not merely regurgitating what you were told or read in a news article that will change my position, and the only way to do that is to have a curious non-restrictive mind.

As is, half of the stuff these guys are posting are sh*t I can read somewhere else or someone else said it before. It's almost like they dig for some fancy witty one liners and repeat it on here as their own. It's nothing new and they sit there and claim they are so f*ckin smart.

IamRAMBO24
02-27-2013, 01:21 AM
:lol Iamrambo24 derailed this thread so hard with his nonsense.

My apologies. Carry on with Elisa Lam.

IamRAMBO24
02-27-2013, 01:23 AM
Don't need to. I can imagine it or dream about it at night.

You're such a troll. It's kind of cute. *hugs*

Jello
02-27-2013, 01:27 AM
You're such a troll. It's kind of cute. *hugs*
Why do I have to read stupid facts? It's not like those scientists used accepted math or the scientific method to confirm their inspiration.

shlver
02-27-2013, 01:32 AM

"Dead Man's Bones is a rock duet consisting of Ryan Gosling and Zach Shields. Their first album, Dead Man's Bones, was released on October 6, 2009 through ANTI- Records. The entire album is a collaboration with the Silverlake Conservatory Children's Choir started by Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea from Los Angeles, California Gosling performs under the alias "Baby Goose"."

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:
What the ****?

Beebo
02-27-2013, 02:48 AM
Video of some Chinese guy doing his own investigation:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE4ODQ1NTU2.html

Interesting to note the layout of the 14th floor as thats where she was in the elevator video.

maybeshewill13
02-27-2013, 03:42 AM

I really hope you're not religious..

eriX
02-27-2013, 04:36 AM

is that the whole photo from her instagram?

Is He Ill
02-27-2013, 05:05 AM
I really hope you're not religious..

He mentioned deities, so I doubt it.

zizozain
02-27-2013, 07:47 AM
yesterday the LA Times reported "Los Angeles police issued a warning over the weekend to officers who patrol the Skid Row area warning them to wear protective masks"

AlphaWolf24
02-27-2013, 07:32 PM
yesterday the LA Times reported "Los Angeles police issued a warning over the weekend to officers who patrol the Skid Row area warning them to wear protective masks"

Currently across the Los Angeles area, there is a widespread outbreak of TB; thousands of people may have been exposed to it in a deadly downtown LA outbreak. Coincidentally, or not, a woman was recently found dead in a water tank in a hotel in Downtown Los Angeles. Her name? Elisa Lam. The name of the test for TB? Lam Elisa (:eek: you can't make thi sh!t up). Is this some kind of 'test' run for a water borne 'false flag' across America? The first line of the linked CBS LA story alone should give us pause:
"The feds are descending on downtown Los Angeles to combat a dangerous outbreak of a drug-resistant strain of tuberculosis."

the strangest Case I can remember...

ripthekik
02-27-2013, 10:31 PM
no more details until the drug test (forgot the name) comes out???

IamRAMBO24
02-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Here is my breakdown of the video.

1. When she first enters the elevator, she is alert but scared. You can tell she is afraid of something by the way she cautiously moves to the corner near the buttons to look out. Someone is definitely coming.

2. While in the elevator, her first initial action is to press all the middle buttons. A lot of people intepret this behavior as "delusional" but it makes perfect sense: she's buying time. By pressing all the buttons, the elevator will have to go to each floor before goes it back to the initial floor where the suspect is on.

3. Since she is pressing random buttons and she does not have her glasses on, she accidentally hits the hold button.

4. She then proceeds out the elevator door to engage the suspect. The conversation does not go well because the expression on her face as she walks back in is very telling. She looks disoriented and completely emotional. Her hands flailing out from her forehead shows a person in distress. She panicks even more and presses more buttons hoping the door will close. This is panick mode.

5. The most crucial evidence is at 2:28. You will see what looks like a hand holding the elevator door. Some people say this is her foot, but if you freeze it exactly at 2:28 you will see that the "foot" is position directly at her thigh, and it remains there until she walks completely out of view leading me to conclude that is not her other foot, but a hand (or even someone else's foot) following behind her.

6. The hand gestures, again, are not a delusional act. It is sign language. I cannot intepret her flailing her hands at the beginning. If anyone knows anyone who can intepret it, please ask them to. I do know that after the flailing, she is signaling "she doesn't know" and then she signals "friend." You can see in this video it is a "friend gesture." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hrH2ZfCyJDo) My guess is she is talking to another guy on the right; he is probably deaf.

7. At 2:57 this is where you will see an edit in the clip. Watching the elevator door close. It is not seamless and jumps about a 1/4 way as it closes. This edit to me signifies someone who released this video had access to it and is editting it because the guy on the right probably passed by it before it closed.

If I was the investigative team, I would try to find out who was the person who posted this video online. The cops cannot release videos like this, so it has to be someone who had access to it and decided to edit it at 2:57 to block out the guy on the right.

IamRAMBO24
02-28-2013, 12:23 AM
Oh yea, and point 8. The reason why she was dumped in the water tank was because it was probably the best place to hide a body. What do you think the murderer was going to do if he did not want to get caught. Hide it in his bath tub. He couldn't take her body outside with the 24 hour security and check in employees. Sure he could of stuck her body in a luggage but even that would of been suspicious since he was coming back to the hotel that night anyway. Dumping her in the tank was the logical conclusion.

There was no way this was a suicide or she was high on drugs. She was murdered.

Is He Ill
02-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Here is my breakdown of the video.

1. When she first enters the elevator, she is alert but scared. You can tell she is afraid of something by the way she cautiously moves to the corner near the buttons to look out. Someone is definitely coming.

2. While in the elevator, her first initial action is to press all the middle buttons. A lot of people intepret this behavior as "delusional" but it makes perfect sense: she's buying time. By pressing all the buttons, the elevator will have to go to each floor before goes it back to the initial floor where the suspect is on.

3. Since the suspect is preventing the door from shutting, she then proceeds to step out to talk to him.

4. After the conversation, the expression on her face is very telling. She looks disoriented and completely emotional. Her hands flailing out from her forehead shows a person in distress. Apparently, the conversation did not go well and she panicks even more and presses more buttons hoping the door will close. This is panick mode.

5. The most crucial evidence is at 2:28. You will see what looks like a hand holding the elevator door. Some people say this is her foot, but if you freeze it exactly at 2:28 you will see that the "foot" is position directly at her thigh, and it remains there until she walks completely out of view leading me to conclude that is not her other foot, but a hand (or even someone else's foot) following behind her.

6. The hand gestures, again, not a delusional act. It is sign language. I cannot intepret her flailing her hands at the beginning. If anyone knows anyone who can intepret it, please ask them to. I do know that after the flailing, she is signaling "she doesn't know" and then she signals "friend." You can see in this video it is a "friend gesture." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hrH2ZfCyJDo) My guess is she is talking to a guy on the right; he is asking her questions with another guy on her left holding the elevator door.

7. At 2:57 this is where you will see an edit in the clip. Watching the elevator door closely. It is not seamless and jumps about a 1/4 way as it closes. This edit to me signifies someone who released this video had access to it and is editting it because the guy on the right probably passed by it before it closed.

If I was the investigative team, I would try to find out who was the person who posted this video online. The cops cannot release videos like this, so it has to be someone who had access to it and decided to edit it at 2:57 to block out the guy on the right.

Honestly, it's pretty damn clear that it's her left sandal.

IamRAMBO24
02-28-2013, 12:37 AM
Honestly, it's pretty damn clear that it's her left sandal.

Yea, my first initial reaction, but pausing it exactly at 2:28 or 2:28.5 and seeing the position of that foot near her thigh, there is no way her foot can be distorted like that. It doesn't even flow in with the pace she was moving because it would stay on screen for half a second slower than her walking.

This is the video I'm watching. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3TjVBpyTeZM#!)

At 2:28-29 you can clearly see she walks away and then the object follows behind her. You have to pause and play clip by clip to see this.

Is He Ill
02-28-2013, 12:44 AM
Yea, my first initial reaction, but pausing it exactly at 2:28 or 2:28.5 and seeing the position of that foot near her thigh, there is no way her foot can be distorted like that. It doesn't even flow in with the pace she was moving because it would stay on screen for half a second slower than her walking.

This is the video I'm watching. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3TjVBpyTeZM#!)

At 2:28-29 you can clearly see she walks away and then the object follows behind her. You have to pause and play clip by clip to see this.

I still think it's the bottom of her sandal. Since she is rotating and stepping off of her left foot, her heel is lifted off of her black sandals.

IamRAMBO24
02-28-2013, 12:49 AM
I still think it's the bottom of her sandal. Since she is rotating and stepping off of her left foot, her heel is lifted off of her black sandals.

To each their own.

But you have to understand whoever released this video did some heavy editting, so even the most minute detail will be editted out. A split second to me is a huge deal. It's not moving with the same pace she is moving when she leaves the elevator. And then the position of it near her thigh at 2:28.5 looks like a distortion.

But you know what, it doesn't even matter because there is no question there is a suspect and she is murder; how else did she lock the water bin from the outside.

Is He Ill
02-28-2013, 12:56 AM
IMO, in no point in the video does it seem like she is panicking. When she hides in the upper right corner of the elevator, it seems like she heard a door open on the right side of the hall. The bathroom is located to the right, so the noise could have been somebody exiting the bathroom. I read somewhere that the people staying on the first 5 floors are not allowed to go on the higher floors. If that's the case, she wasn't supposed to be on the 14th floor in the first place. This video is recorded when the elevator was on the 14th floor and her room is located on the 4th. She didn't want to get caught on the floor, but it didn't seem like she was scared for her life. When she puts her hands on her head and reenters the elevator, she looks frustrated, not frightened. To me, the weird hand movement was either her way of relieving her frustrations, or her attempting to communicate that the elevator was not working to someone that was standing on the right side of the hall. I think she eventually ran into someone in the stairway that was responsible for her murder. I don't think she put herself in the tank.

daily
02-28-2013, 12:59 AM
To each their own.

But you have to understand whoever released this video did some heavy editting, so even the most minute detail will be editted out. A split second to me is a huge deal. It's not moving with the same pace she is moving when she leaves the elevator. And then the position of it near her thigh at 2:28.5 looks like a distortion.

But you know what, it doesn't even matter because there is no question there is a suspect and she is murder; how else did she lock the water bin from the outside.

None of the water tanks had locks on them. Don't even have hasps to allow a lock to be put on them. See the photos taken by the chinese gentleman that posted all the pics and videos from his investigation

btw that's her foot in the video

IamRAMBO24
02-28-2013, 01:07 AM
None of the water tanks had locks on them. Don't even have hasps to allow a lock to be put on them. See the photos taken by the chinese gentleman that posted all the pics and videos from his investigation

btw that's her foot in the video

Ok my bad, not the lock on the water bin but according to LAPD:

LAPD Sgt. Rudy Lopez said anyone could have opened the tanks, but access to "the roof is secured with an alarm, and a lock, and a key to the door access."

What is your theory. She's now working maintenance at the Cecil hotel. Doesn't make any sense how she could even make her way to the roof.

Btw, play the video frame by frame from 2:27-2:30 and stop being so generic.

That is not her foot. Period.

IamRAMBO24
02-28-2013, 01:12 AM
IMO, in no point in the video does it seem like she is panicking. When she hides in the upper right corner of the elevator, it seems like she heard a door open on the right side of the hall. The bathroom is located to the right, so the noise could have been somebody exiting the bathroom. I read somewhere that the people staying on the first 5 floors are not allowed to go on the higher floors. If that's the case, she wasn't supposed to be on the 14th floor in the first place. This video is recorded when the elevator was on the 14th floor and her room is located on the 4th. She didn't want to get caught on the floor, but it didn't seem like she was scared for her life. When she puts her hands on her head and reenters the elevator, she looks frustrated, not frightened. To me, the weird hand movement was either her way of relieving her frustrations, or her attempting to communicate that the elevator was not working to someone that was standing on the right side of the hall. I think she eventually ran into someone in the stairway that was responsible for her murder. I don't think she put herself in the tank.

The hand communication is a form of sign language. She is talking to a guy on the right who could possibly be 1. Deaf or 2. Not responding to her thus she is finding every means to communicate. She does this gesture in the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hrH2ZfCyJDo. That is a "friend" response so it is a fact she is using sign language and not just whacked out of her mind.

Styles p
02-28-2013, 01:19 AM
i believe she was murdered but that is definitely her foot.

daily
02-28-2013, 01:45 AM
[QUOTE]It

IamRAMBO24
02-28-2013, 02:05 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/body-missing-canadian-woman-found-water-tank-article-1.1268631

Watched the video again. It's her foot, there is no hand holding the door open

Let's disagree to disagree. I still don't think that is her foot if you make a detailed observation frame by frame, but it doesn't matter:

1. Her pushing multiple buttons is not a psychotic action. She is doing it to buy time.

2. Her flailing her arms around is also an act of rationality since she is doing sign language.

Conclusion: this rules out the possibility she is on drugs and the acts are irrational behaviour.

So the REAL question is: how did a perfectly sane girl end up in a water bin.

maybeshewill13
02-28-2013, 02:14 AM

LOL that's here own shoe! I want some of what you're smokin' nikka.. seriously you're the ONLY one who thinks that's someone else here. It's clearly her own foot. She just walks away and pivots on that foot.

IamRAMBO24
02-28-2013, 02:16 AM
LOL that's here own shoe! I want some of what you're smokin' nikka.. seriously you're the ONLY one who thinks that's someone else here. It's clearly her own foot. She just walks away and pivots on that foot.

You can't afford it.

Styles p
02-28-2013, 02:25 AM
you can tell it's her heel the way she swings her right leg makes her left heel turn into the view. she looks high as a kite throughout that whole video to me. and you think she's signing to her deaf killer? LOL

IamRAMBO24
02-28-2013, 02:37 AM
you can tell it's her heel the way she swings her right leg makes her left heel turn into the view. she looks high as a kite throughout that whole video to me. and you think she's signing to her deaf killer? LOL

Yea.

That is what I am saying. She is doing sign language. Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hrH2ZfCyJDo. Then watch the part where she is moving her hands. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3TjVBpyTeZM#!)

That is a sign language. Fact. I don't know what she is saying at the beginning but I do know she is also signing "I don't know" along with the "friendship." (If anyone can intepret the first sequence, that would be great). Then the video gets editted at the point where the guy she is signing to should pass the elevator when it is still open. That is exactly at 2:57.

Jello
02-28-2013, 02:38 AM
#1 detective IamRAMBO24. Have you reported your findings to LAPD?

Styles p
02-28-2013, 02:39 AM
:oldlol:

IamRAMBO24
02-28-2013, 02:42 AM

That made me laugh. Thanks number 1 fan.

Done_And_Done
02-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Any confirmation released regarding substance use yet? I work at a detoxification centre so you can say that I'm pretty damn familiar with your typical signs of intoxication/inebriation...

I don't necessarily get the vibe that she's fearful of her surroundings but her odd activity doesn't appear to be acted out in a state of sobriety...

The repetitive pressing of almost every button, the peering out the elevator, the bizarre hand and arm movements...

Sad + eerie stuff nonetheless...

n00bie
02-28-2013, 08:44 AM
imo she probably got raped in one of the rooms on the 14th floor.. She was probably traumatized, wanted to get the fack out of there.. but also didn't want people to follow her.. so she pressed the buttons to all the middle floors.

Something must have happened to her on that floor. Why was she there in the 1st place? There's nothing "exciting" to see on that floor. It's just full of rooms. No one would go there for no reason.

Her bizarre actions in that video looks more like someone that was traumatized than someone who is high on drugs.

IamRAMBO24
02-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Any confirmation released regarding substance use yet? I work at a detoxification centre so you can say that I'm pretty damn familiar with your typical signs of intoxication/inebriation...

I don't necessarily get the vibe that she's fearful of her surroundings but her odd activity doesn't appear to be acted out in a state of sobriety...

The repetitive pressing of almost every button, the peering out the elevator, the bizarre hand and arm movements...

Sad + eerie stuff nonetheless...

She looks pretty normal to me. I know when a person is high. I have a few black friends. You can tell by their eyes and the face if they are red, glazed, or puffy. Her coordination seems perfectly fine and as I already have explained, she is pressing the buttons to buy time. Have you ever been on an elevator and all the buttons are pressed. It takes a damn long time to get to your floor right, so my guess is she got chased and decided to press all the buttons so the elevator will take a long time getting back to the floor she is on.

9erempiree
02-28-2013, 05:28 PM
She looks pretty normal to me. I know when a person is high. I have a few black friends. You can tell by their eyes and the face if they are red, glazed, or puffy. Her coordination seems perfectly fine and as I already have explained, she is pressing the buttons to buy time. Have you ever been on an elevator and all the buttons are pressed. It takes a damn long time to get to your floor right, so my guess is she got chased and decided to press all the buttons so the elevator will take a long time getting back to the floor she is on.

If she was really getting chased or stalked wouldn't she want to get back to her room ASAP?

I don't think she would want to stop at every floor if someone is chasing her. It would just allow whomever or whatever some time to get to her.

IamRAMBO24
02-28-2013, 05:39 PM
If she was really getting chased or stalked wouldn't she want to get back to her room ASAP?

I don't think she would want to stop at every floor if someone is chasing her. It would just allow whomever or whatever some time to get to her.

She's pressing all the floors, so how would the murderer know which floor she is going to be on. What is he going to do, run down the to the next floor, look, then run down to 5, look, and then back to 7, look, and if he waited there, the elevator would of stopped on each floor and then back to his floor, by then, she would of been long gone from the hotel.

Is He Ill
02-28-2013, 05:48 PM
If she was really trying to escape, she would have just went to the lobby.

9erempiree
02-28-2013, 05:56 PM
She's pressing all the floors, so how would the murderer know which floor she is going to be on. What is he going to do, run down the to the next floor, look, then run down to 5, look, and then back to 7, look, and if he waited there, the elevator would of stopped on each floor and then back to his floor, by then, she would of been long gone from the hotel.

I'm saying it's impossible to know where someone is if they just pressed their floor.

I just want you to explain how someone would know where you're staying at by just pressing your floor? I'm not saying exact room but they won't be able to know which floor you are at.

IamRAMBO24
02-28-2013, 05:58 PM
If she was really trying to escape, she would have just went to the lobby.

She could be just trying to get away and not causing a scene. She didn't sense any real danger until she walked out to talk to the suspects and walked in the second time. Now she knows she is in real danger since the doors won't shut. The suspects could be coaxing her; you can tell by her sign language he is probably talking to her and she is responding with the signs of "I don't know" and "visiting a friend."

IamRAMBO24
02-28-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm saying it's impossible to know where someone is if they just pressed their floor.

I just want you to explain how someone would know where you're staying at by just pressing your floor? I'm not saying exact room but they won't be able to know which floor you are at.

It is perfectly possible for people to know which floor you are going to if you press only 1 button. Most modern elevators will tell the person waiting for the elevator which floor it is going to and where it is going to be on. By pressing multiple floors let's just say she is wanting to go to floor 3, but she presses 5, the suspect will see that and run to floor 5, and since 5 is a huge floor, it'll take a while for him to figure out she is not on there. If he doesn't chase her and waits at the elevator to see where she is going, she would be at 5 different floors which would virtually make it impossible for him to start looking for her without her making it back to her room safely.

I think although she was scared, she was just trying to get away and didn't think it'll lead to her murder at the time.

SevereUpInHere
02-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Just watched the vid, pretty creepy. The elevator is weird, any elevator I've been in in my life won't keep the door open for that long, even if you hold the open door button it beeps like crazy.

Did she have any history of mental illness?

The link to the TB outbreak and the name of the test is creepy as f*ck, gave me chills reading that.

AlphaWolf24
02-28-2013, 09:45 PM
IMHO opinion...

- Nothing in the video shows her to be "scared" or "panicking".

- She looks normal walking in the elevator.....she hops out at one point....she even open steps/side steps like someone in a marching band/ drill team.

- She looks like she is under the influnce of some type of alchohol/Medication or drug that is making her act silly/disoreanted...

- also Looking at the water tanks on the roof....

- there are 2 ways to access the top of the tank,

1) put a ladder resting on the side of the tank....climb up the 8' ladder to reach the top.

2) Next to the tanks there is a 2 story service room, it has a roof acces ladder permantley mounted to the wall....climb up the ladder to the roof of the room, climb down from the roof onto the tank

the 2 men in the picture are standing on top of the service room.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130221090721-01-cecil-hotel-0221-horizontal-gallery.jpg

- I think she was 5' 5" 115lbs.

- I don't think anyone could climb the ladder ( on the service room) trying to carry a 115lbs body....I've climbed many of those ladders...it's very hard to climb them with a 10lbs tool belt much less a 115lbs

- Putting a ladder on the side of the tank would be easier ( still very hard...but easier then the service room ladder)..the ladder would angled slightly/ and you have another tank next to you for leverage incase you need to rest

- again....anyone who thinks they could climb a 8' or 12' ladder carrying a 115lbs...try it!....it's really hard.

- this means ....

A) she climbed up there by herself ( her body didn't have any trauma)...and climbed inside the tank opening ( 18" X 16" wide)

B) someone ( or 2 people) carryed her and put her inside the tank....( they would have to know teh Hotel really well and be strong enough to place her up ther.

- part of me thinks she was really out of her mind and climbed in the tank on her own willpower.....carrying her body seems like a really hard thing to do.

PistonsFan#21
02-28-2013, 09:48 PM

No normal person would act this way...Eevn the way she checks to see if theres anyone in the hallway is weird.

IamRAMBO24
03-01-2013, 05:56 AM
IMHO opinion...

- Nothing in the video shows her to be "scared" or "panicking".

- She looks normal walking in the elevator.....she hops out at one point....she even open steps/side steps like someone in a marching band/ drill team.

- She looks like she is under the influnce of some type of alchohol/Medication or drug that is making her act silly/disoreanted...

- also Looking at the water tanks on the roof....

- there are 2 ways to access the top of the tank,

1) put a ladder resting on the side of the tank....climb up the 8' ladder to reach the top.

2) Next to the tanks there is a 2 story service room, it has a roof acces ladder permantley mounted to the wall....climb up the ladder to the roof of the room, climb down from the roof onto the tank

the 2 men in the picture are standing on top of the service room.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130221090721-01-cecil-hotel-0221-horizontal-gallery.jpg

- I think she was 5' 5" 115lbs.

- I don't think anyone could climb the ladder ( on the service room) trying to carry a 115lbs body....I've climbed many of those ladders...it's very hard to climb them with a 10lbs tool belt much less a 115lbs

- Putting a ladder on the side of the tank would be easier ( still very hard...but easier then the service room ladder)..the ladder would angled slightly/ and you have another tank next to you for leverage incase you need to rest

- again....anyone who thinks they could climb a 8' or 12' ladder carrying a 115lbs...try it!....it's really hard.

- this means ....

A) she climbed up there by herself ( her body didn't have any trauma)...and climbed inside the tank opening ( 18" X 16" wide)

B) someone ( or 2 people) carryed her and put her inside the tank....( they would have to know teh Hotel really well and be strong enough to place her up ther.

- part of me thinks she was really out of her mind and climbed in the tank on her own willpower.....carrying her body seems like a really hard thing to do.

We are talking about hiding a body here. If someone really wants to hide this body, they will go to great lengths to do it, so if it is doable, and it looks like it since she's not that heavy and the ladder is not that high, then it could be possible multiple suspects were able to put her body in there. Even the dog police could not pick up her scent, so that meant she didn't walk there, she was carried.

I think she could be drugged though, but I don't think she would kill herself if she was on drugs. It just sounds so stupid. Some guy even said she prob was thirsty and looking for some water and somehow she fell in there and killed herself. Really.

9erempiree
03-01-2013, 06:04 AM
There wouldn't be the need to climb anything because if the fireman got on top of that service room than someone can just carry the body through the room and jump down onto the tanks.

n00bie
03-01-2013, 09:08 AM
I have a feeling this murder will be an unsolved mystery, which is common for that area.

Either the police are not informing the public of any new information, or they are really stumped with this case.

AlphaWolf24
03-01-2013, 01:07 PM
We are talking about hiding a body here. If someone really wants to hide this body, they will go to great lengths to do it, so if it is doable, and it looks like it since she's not that heavy and the ladder is not that high, then it could be possible multiple suspects were able to put her body in there. Even the dog police could not pick up her scent, so that meant she didn't walk there, she was carried.

I think she could be drugged though, but I don't think she would kill herself if she was on drugs. It just sounds so stupid. Some guy even said she prob was thirsty and looking for some water and somehow she fell in there and killed herself. Really.

115lbs is not that heavy ....but it is extremely heavy when trying to carry it up a ladder.

again, I'm not saying she wasn't carried.

I'm saying if she was murdered and placed in the tank....who ever did it used easiest way( put that 8' ladder next to the tank and carry her up)

The person must be strong enough to carry her, also must be familiar with the roof/tanks ( and do this without damaging the body)

( I was pointing this out because some people suggested that it was easier to climb up the service room ladder)

TheGreatBlaze
03-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Whoever did this, must have knew or found out her name was Elisa Lam and put this together in their sick, twisted mind. It wouldn't surprise me if it was someone who works for the hotel. Too many parallels.

Droid101
03-01-2013, 01:51 PM
If she was found naked, where were her clothes? If she ditched them, they'd be in the area somewhere/the dogs would have picked it up.

If she was murdered, the murderer would probably have taken the clothes and incinerated them or something.

I don't know. This is creepy though.

Done_And_Done
03-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Someone who's in a frantic or state of fear doesn't push every button in a damn elevator let alone in the casual manner she did. This leads me to believe that her strange behaviour may have been drug induced but who knows really. That whole TB test add on just perplexes me in every which way...

Styles p
03-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Someone who's in a frantic or state of fear doesn't push every button in a damn elevator let alone in the casual manner she did. This leads me to believe that her strange behaviour may have been drug induced but who knows really. That whole TB test add on just perplexes me in every which way...
she was def ****ed up look at the way she walks into the elevator swings around with her pointer finger already out and casually starts pushing buttons. if she was frantic she would have run in and started smashing buttons not casually pushing them.

Done_And_Done
03-01-2013, 02:32 PM
she was def ****ed up look at the way she walks into the elevator swings around with her pointer finger already out and casually starts pushing buttons. if she was frantic she would have run in and started smashing buttons not casually pushing them.

So true man...

TheGreatBlaze
03-01-2013, 07:26 PM
At the :54 mark of the elevator video she clearly sees or hears something that startles her, like she's been noticed but then tries to hold it together. At the 1:58 mark when she starts making the weird hand gestures it's like she is beside herself as to why the elevator doors weren't closing, like she was trying to interact with them in some way. She was absolutely paralyzed with fear at this point. It also seems like she was interacting with someone, pleading. I don't see why a girl who was traveling to a different country would start doing drugs in a sketchy hotel all alone in a city that was foreign to her and then somehow end up naked and dead in a water tank, especially if she has no known history of this sort of behavior.

This was murder, and honestly I can't watch that video without tears welling up in my eyes. I hope justice will be served.

daily
03-01-2013, 07:41 PM
It'll be suicide when it's all said and done. Her older blog posts, the queuing up of her Tumblr posts to keep making posts after she's gone all point to her leaving the world on her terms. The elevator I've come to suspect is nothing more than watching a young lady at odds with herself in her final hours.

n00bie
03-01-2013, 08:52 PM
It'll be suicide when it's all said and done. Her older blog posts, the queuing up of her Tumblr posts to keep making posts after she's gone all point to her leaving the world on her terms. The elevator I've come to suspect is nothing more than watching a young lady at odds with herself in her final hours.

whats the link to her blog / tumblr?

maybeshewill13
03-01-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm not arguing she didn't die by her own fault, but who plans suicide by climbing into a water tank of a hotel naked?

She was either on drugs or murdered.

daily
03-01-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm not arguing she didn't die by her own fault, but who plans suicide by climbing into a water tank of a hotel naked?

The police never actually said she was naked.

noobie here's her Tumblr

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com

There's also a blog that she used before tumblr I have to scrounge that one up, i didn't book mark the vancouver newspaper i found it on, it was posted by somebody in the comments section or you can search for it by adding "vancouver" to "elisa lam"

RaininThrees
03-01-2013, 11:10 PM

I think she was likely on drugs and paranoid.

She gained access to the roof and climbed into something to try and hide from whatever demons were in her mind.

Crappy way to go, however it happened.

chazzy
03-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Just saw the video. She's acting the way a mentally ill child would playing with an elevator. I don't think anyone's out there and she has to be on some type of drug. Her mind is definitely altered in some way

n00bie
03-02-2013, 02:18 AM
The police never actually said she was naked.

noobie here's her Tumblr

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com

There's also a blog that she used before tumblr I have to scrounge that one up, i didn't book mark the vancouver newspaper i found it on, it was posted by somebody in the comments section or you can search for it by adding "vancouver" to "elisa lam"

After scrolling through her tumblr.. does look like she has some issues.

Jackass18
03-02-2013, 08:36 AM
How can people read so much into grainy footage? She looks calm at the beginning of the video and looks like she gets frustrated. You can see that the elevator door was about to close, but didn't because she pressed the 'door hold' button. That's when she seems to get frustrated. She pops her head out to see if anyone is in the hallway who might've pressed the button. Then, it looks like her frustration grows when the door still doesn't close. It kind of appears as if she's wondering if someone is messing with her now since the door still won't close. It almost seems like she's trying to catch someone in the act of pressing the button and then hiding, but maybe I'm reading too far into it with that. When she goes out into the hall, then that's when she starts acting erratically. Is she scared or is she just frustrated? Too bad the footage is grainy or we might have a better idea what was going on there.

Why are some people saying the only roof access was through a locked door with an alarm while other places are saying: "Police said the only routes to the roof where her body was found were via a fire escape, or a locked, alarmed door accessible only to hotel staff"?

BrooklynZoo
03-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Let's disagree to disagree. I still don't think that is her foot if you make a detailed observation frame by frame, but it doesn't matter:

1. Her pushing multiple buttons is not a psychotic action. She is doing it to buy time.

2. Her flailing her arms around is also an act of rationality since she is doing sign language.

Conclusion: this rules out the possibility she is on drugs and the acts are irrational behaviour.

So the REAL question is: how did a perfectly sane girl end up in a water bin.

1. Thats gotta be the slowest possibly way to get away from someone, by pressing every floor...

2. If she knew sign language i think that it would have been reported by now

IamRAMBO24
03-02-2013, 05:09 PM
1. Thats gotta be the slowest possibly way to get away from someone, by pressing every floor...

2. If she knew sign language i think that it would have been reported by now

1. It is either stupid or pretty damn smart, and since she is asian, I will choose the latter. This is what I am guessing: first button she pushes will be the floor she wants to go to, then she pushes 5 other buttons, so this means the elevator will take her to the floor she wants to go to first, and then stops at every floor before it comes back to the floor where the suspect is at.

2. She is doing sign language. I do not know the first gesture, but I do recognize her saying she "doesn't know" and then gesturing "friend," so clearly she is talking to someone and not merely flailing her arms around like a maniac.

AlphaWolf24
03-03-2013, 03:47 PM

- If the water tank doors were locked ( like they should have been) then it pretty much eliminates suicide.

- If she did want to kill herself, Knowing how to get on the buildings roof/open the water tanks door/climb inside seems a bit of a task...

- especially for a 21 year old woman who never been to the Hotel before.

- IMO very hard to see suicide by the way she was found....

Jello
03-03-2013, 03:51 PM
1. It is either stupid or pretty damn smart, and since she is asian, I will choose the latter. This is what I am guessing: first button she pushes will be the floor she wants to go to, then she pushes 5 other buttons, so this means the elevator will take her to the floor she wants to go to first, and then stops at every floor before it comes back to the floor where the suspect is at.

2. She is doing sign language. I do not know the first gesture, but I do recognize her saying she "doesn't know" and then gesturing "friend," so clearly she is talking to someone and not merely flailing her arms around like a maniac.
alphawolf is asian and hes dumb as ****. Your first point is invalid.

daily
03-03-2013, 08:41 PM
- If the water tank doors were locked ( like they should have been) then it pretty much eliminates suicide.

- If she did want to kill herself, Knowing how to get on the buildings roof/open the water tanks door/climb inside seems a bit of a task...

- especially for a 21 year old woman who never been to the Hotel before.

- IMO very hard to see suicide by the way she was found....
the vids shot by the Chinese investigators show no locks on the lids. they also don't show any hasps or spots to place locks.

maybeshewill13
03-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Don't know why I've been reading the thread title as "Mysterious Death Of Lisa Ann". I get a little sad inside every time I see it.
Because you're racist :coleman:

03-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Because you're racist :coleman:

Huh? What is this all about?

AlphaWolf24
03-04-2013, 01:25 AM
alphawolf is asian and hes dumb as ****. Your first point is invalid.

Y U rustled?....

I'm not Asian on the outside......my heart belongs to Asia though..as does ma D@#$..

damn I love Asian women.:pimp:

AlphaWolf24
03-04-2013, 01:28 AM
the vids shot by the Chinese investigators show no locks on the lids. they also don't show any hasps or spots to place locks.

True...but they are supposed to be water tight and secure.(to prevent contamination)

I would think they would be hard to remove...especially for a 115 girl.

maybeshewill13
03-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Y U rustled?....

I'm not Asian on the outside......my heart belongs to Asia though..as does ma D@#$..

damn I love Asian women.:pimp:

So you're saying you have a small pen0r? :lol

MadeFromDust
03-04-2013, 02:27 AM
It was bath salts duh

n00bie
03-04-2013, 09:41 AM
It was bath salts duh

Impossible, she didn't try to eat anyone.

AlphaWolf24
03-04-2013, 04:55 PM
So you're saying you have a small pen0r? :lol

:lol good one.....

wait...what?...

- that's cold man...Y U gotta do that to asians?......

maybeshewill13
03-05-2013, 01:53 AM
:lol good one.....

wait...what?...

- that's cold man...Y U gotta do that to asians?......

Because you are trying to take over my country, no wait, the world :mad: Leave somewhere for us white folks please? :(

AlphaWolf24
03-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Because you are trying to take over my country, no wait, the world :mad: Leave somewhere for us white folks please? :(

ok ...I'll pretend I'm asian....

Gwo back to engrend white boy!!!!

( doin it rite?)

n00bie
03-06-2013, 12:00 AM
let the lawsuits begin! :banana:

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/elisa-lam-update-steven-and-gloria-cott-file-class-action-lawsuit-against-cecil-hotel-in-la

maybeshewill13
03-06-2013, 02:16 AM
ok ...I'll pretend I'm asian....

Gwo back to engrend white boy!!!!

( doin it rite?)
Fuq England, we want Canada

talkingconch
03-06-2013, 04:45 AM
i read most of the comments and this story.

someone mind explaining these things?

if she did forget her glasses, why was she hopping around like a freak and peeking out the elevator? She is in danger or on drugs...? Or she is mentally challenged??

Any back story?

And how did she end up in the water tank? Is this the big question everyone is wondering about? I mean, what correlation does the water tank, located on the roof, have anything to do what how she was acting in the elevator? I mean I know that was the last video they have of her, but it doesnt answer how she got IN THE TANK.

talkingconch
03-06-2013, 04:55 AM
Honestly i think she was drugged and maybe suicide? As someone posted, how are you gonna take 115lbs climbing up that ladder into the tank? Unless there are other means of getting in there?

ripthekik
03-06-2013, 07:34 AM
let the lawsuits begin! :banana:

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/elisa-lam-update-steven-and-gloria-cott-file-class-action-lawsuit-against-cecil-hotel-in-la
well, they tested the water and it was safe.. so there goes their argument that the hotel broke the contract - not providing water safe for consumption and use.

they could probably find another way to sue though.

i am thinking civil- negligence. which is leaving the body in the tank- which caused psychological damage and trauma to the guests. This should succeed in getting damages.

IamRAMBO24
03-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Honestly i think she was drugged and maybe suicide? As someone posted, how are you gonna take 115lbs climbing up that ladder into the tank? Unless there are other means of getting in there?

The roof was locked, so there would of been no way she could of went there on her own because there was an alarm that needed to be deactivated.

I just don't see how she could pull this off being so wacked out of her mind.

I don't think the body was placed in there by climbing a ladder; there was a platform that a person could stand on and drop the body in there.

Being murdered fits a lot more nicely with the facts.

n00bie
03-06-2013, 08:52 AM

If she climbed up there herself on the ladder.. how come the ladder wasn't left on the water tank? How would she have climbed up there.. get into the water tank.. and then move the ladder back to its original place?

BrooklynZoo
03-06-2013, 07:43 PM

if reports are correct that she was naked in the tank, where are her clothes?

gts
03-06-2013, 08:09 PM

It's not that much. Firefighters have to carry loads like that up ladders much higher than that. If you're big enough and fit enough it's certainly not an insurmountable challenge

AlphaWolf24
03-06-2013, 08:42 PM
The roof was locked, so there would of been no way she could of went there on her own because there was an alarm that needed to be deactivated.

I just don't see how she could pull this off being so wacked out of her mind.

I don't think the body was placed in there by climbing a ladder; there was a platform that a person could stand on and drop the body in there.

Being murdered fits a lot more nicely with the facts.

- the platform ( actually a supply room/elevator repair roof) is only accessed by climbing a 20' vertical ladder..no way an average person could carry a 115lbs body up a vertical 20' ladder.

- not sure if the roof access door was locked or not...not even sure if the alarm was working.

- the roof also has 2 roof hatches..that you could access through most likely the 15 th floor.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/861436_10151263021342452_949708978_o.jpg

- roof also has graffitti in many places...not sure how secure it was?

- I do believe she was placed there by someone else though.

AlphaWolf24
03-06-2013, 08:44 PM
If she climbed up there herself on the ladder.. how come the ladder wasn't left on the water tank? How would she have climbed up there.. get into the water tank.. and then move the ladder back to its original place?

there was a wooden ladder used by maintenance person that always stayed next to the tanks.

AlphaWolf24
03-06-2013, 08:46 PM
It's not that much. Firefighters have to carry loads like that up ladders much higher than that. If you're big enough and fit enough it's certainly not an insurmountable challenge

average person could carry 115lbs body up a few steps of a ladder....

no way they could carry a body more then that.

Firefighters carry packs....not bodys( on thier shoulder) up a ladder .....they have ropes and stretchers for that.

daily
03-06-2013, 09:36 PM
average person could carry 115lbs body up a few steps of a ladder....

no way they could carry a body more then that.

Firefighters carry packs....not bodys( on thier shoulder) up a ladder .....they have ropes and stretchers for that.
Sounds about right but that's all you need you only need a couple steps up the ladder. The tank is 10 feet tall, toss the person in a fireman's carry and take two or 3 steps up and dump the corpse.

Speaking of firemen they have to carry 110 pounds of equipment up a 35 foot ladder in their tests, that's not including their backpack

Jackass18
03-06-2013, 09:46 PM

Fire escape

Meh, this is a death that will probably go unsolved.

AlphaWolf24
03-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Sounds about right but that's all you need you only need a couple steps up the ladder. The tank is 10 feet tall, toss the person in a fireman's carry and take two or 3 steps up and dump the corpse.

Speaking of firemen they have to carry 110 pounds of equipment up a 35 foot ladder in their tests, that's not including their backpack

you have a link?

also..is the equipment in a pack?..have handles?..strapped to them?..

balancing a 115lbs body on your shoulder...climbing wth 1 arm....is not the same as carrying equipment..with handles or a pack.

No_Look604
03-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Any of you guys seen or held a hockey bag before?

I just saw my buddys last night...he had it over one shoulder...but was definitely carrying it with the side of his hip too.

The bag is humungous! I'm not saying it would be easy to carry that with 115lbs in it....but that would definitely make carrying that much weight much less awkward. A small women's body could easily fit into it.

Come to think of it.....months ago I made the very same comment saying "you're girl's so tiny she could probably fit in there"