PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker > CP3

Figlo
02-22-2013, 04:17 AM
Skip is right...

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 04:24 AM
Question. When Parker scored 4 points and 11 points vs CP3 in the previous two meetings on 30 percent shooting.. what did that mean? Now one game or even a month of games means A>B?

qrich
02-22-2013, 04:26 AM
Barnes > Manu?

TexasBloodMoney
02-22-2013, 04:28 AM
http://www.clap.name/images/blog/tony_parker.jpg

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 04:29 AM
Barnes > Manu?

:oldlol: based on his criteria yes.

imnew09
02-22-2013, 04:29 AM

/thread.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 04:30 AM
/thread.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/05/tim-duncan-gregg-popovich-excited.jpg

Give Parker the Hornets teams Paul carried and he has far less success obviously. Rings are largely luck of the draw.

plowking
02-22-2013, 04:32 AM
Parker has been better this year. In my opinion the best guard in basketball. Paul being the second best this year. Then you throw in Kobe, Wade, Harden, Westbrook, etc.

qrich
02-22-2013, 04:37 AM

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2007/10/fred-jones-sees.jpg

monkeypox
02-22-2013, 04:37 AM
http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/05/tim-duncan-gregg-popovich-excited.jpg

Give Parker the Hornets teams Paul carried and he has far less success obviously. Rings are largely luck of the draw.

Parker actually has one of the FMVP trophies. So the argument is there that he was quite a large contributor to those teams.

tikay0
02-22-2013, 04:38 AM
Spurs offensive system >>> the Clippers defense.

imnew09
02-22-2013, 04:39 AM
"Rings are largely luck of the draw." Tell that to Russell.

Btw, CP3 is one of my fav pg as I've made many great posts/comments praising him here on ISH. I was extremely pissed when Stern vetoed the trade. But today, clearly TP outplayed CP3 by a mile.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 04:59 AM
Parker actually has one of the FMVP trophies. So the argument is there that he was quite a large contributor to those teams.

I didnt say he wasn't a huge contributor. Switch them teams though and CP3 probably has an extra ring next to Duncan and Manu and TP has trouble getting the Hornets to the playoffs.

NuggetsFan
02-22-2013, 05:04 AM
Only thing Parker has on Paul is scoring and I think a part of that is simply because he's a more willing scorer. Paul is far less aggressive and doesn't look his shot as much. CP3's a pretty capable scorer when he's looking to do that.

Guess you could make an argument for Parker being the MVP, in terms of who's the better individual player give me Paul.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 05:08 AM
Only thing Parker has on Paul is scoring and I think a part of that is simply because he's a more willing scorer. Paul is far less aggressive and doesn't look his shot as much. CP3's a pretty capable scorer when he's looking to do that.

Guess you could make an argument for Parker being the MVP, in terms of who's the better individual player give me Paul.

Agree 100 percent. Parker is an MVP candidate but not the better player. CP3 defends better, passes better, rebounds better and has a larger impact on the game normally. Also has the edge in intangibles like leadership and clutch. Also like you noted when he's aggressive CP3 can score easily.

unbreakable
02-22-2013, 05:19 AM
Agree 100 percent. Parker is an MVP candidate but not the better player. CP3 defends better, passes better, rebounds better and has a larger impact on the game normally. Also has the edge in intangibles like leadership and clutch. Also like you noted when he's aggressive CP3 can score easily.

parker is just as clutch as cp3.. probably more so because cp3 has a knack for turnovers and bad decisions in the last 30 seconds.

as for who the better player is.. well cp3 is obviously more TALENTED, but this year, tony parker has been the best PG in the game. period.

2012-2013 season TP9 > CP3 by a good amount

qrich
02-22-2013, 05:30 AM
as for who the better player is.. well cp3 is obviously more TALENTED, but this year, tony parker has been the best PG in the game. period.

Really now?

Chris Paul is tied #2 in the NBA in assists per game with 9.4. Parker is 6th with 7.7.
Chris Paul is #1 in steals per game. Parker is tied #71.
Chris Paul is #1 in assists per turnover with 4.38. Parker is #7 with 3.05.
Paul is #7 in steals per turnover (#2 among points, only behind Kidd who is playing more of a SG role). Parker isn't top 64 (and that's all nba.com tracks)

Parker is scoring 4.4 more points a night but taking 3.4 more shots per game. Granted, it is at a higher FG%.

If that is a good amount, then I must say, the guy that compared losing to the Pacers and losing to the Spurs was right as well.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 05:31 AM
parker is just as clutch as cp3.. probably more so because cp3 has a knack for turnovers and bad decisions in the last 30 seconds.

Funny thing is people just started claiming this in the last two weeks. Prior to that CP3 was everybodies best PG. Proves how knee jerk this is. Parker has never at any point in his career been a more clutch player than CP3 sorry. How do you regularly rank top 5 in assist to turnover rate and have a turnover issue? Makes no sense. Parker is scoring better this year. Is scoring more valuable than defense, passing and rebounding for a PG?

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 05:33 AM
3.5 more shots per game is significant.

Money 23
02-22-2013, 05:35 AM
Ewww, no. How quickly they forget CP3 butchering him in the 2008 playoffs. One game doesn't mean he's better than recovering from injury CP3.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 05:37 AM
Ewww, no. How quickly they forget CP3 butchering him in the 2008 playoffs. One game doesn't mean he's better than recovering from injury CP3.

Or more recently when the Clippers held him to 4 and 11 points on about 30 percent shooting in the two previous meetings.

Money 23
02-22-2013, 05:38 AM
Or more recently when the Clippers held him to 4 and 11 points on about 30 percent shooting in the two previous meetings.
ISH is a what did you do for me lately message board. It's quite obvious CP3 is the better player, and always has been. Parker has never even sniffed top five, or MVP caliber talks in his life.

andremiller07
02-22-2013, 05:40 AM
This year Tony Parker has been better than CP3, CP3 is easily a more talented played but Parker imo is harder to stop for opposing defenses and that in a 7 game series is vital.

Tony Parker imo in terms of impact on a game is as good as CP3 while CP3 does "more" things better the things Parker does imo hes more effective in. I would also say Parker is a better athlete than Paul imo hes stronger on drives and a bit more explosive.

A lot of Centres in the NBA do a lot more things than Dwight (during his good years in Orlando) but what Dwight does he was ultra effective in he was still considered the best even tho he was nowhere near talented/skilled as others bigs.

Both are great, Cp3 for mine is greater but Parker is a monster and easily a top 3 PG and been better this season.

Rubio2Gasol
02-22-2013, 05:41 AM
Paul got absolutely scorched man.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 05:43 AM
ISH is a what did you do for me lately message board. It's quite obvious CP3 is the better player, and always has been. Parker has never even sniffed top five, or MVP caliber talks in his life.

Yup. Funny how a player in a few weeks can leapfrog everybody. Like last year Rondo was shit in the regular season and nobody noticed him... Then he kills it in the playoffs and is suddenly "easily the best PG". 10 bucks says when TP cools down here shortly these same people will say "CP3's easily been the best PG this year".

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 05:45 AM
This year Tony Parker has been better than CP3, CP3 is easily a more talented played but Parker imo is harder to stop for opposing defenses and that in a 7 game series is vital.

Tony Parker imo in terms of impact on a game is as good as CP3 while CP3 does "more" things better the things Parker does imo hes more effective in.

A lot of Centres in the NBA do a lot more things than Dwight (during his good years in Orlando) but what Dwight does he was ultra effective in he was still considered the best even tho he was nowhere near talented/skilled as others bigs. I would also say Parker is a better athlete than Paul imo hes stronger on drives and a bit more explosive.

Both are great, Cp3 for mine is greater but Parker is a monster and easily a top 3 PG.

Yet none of you can give any evidence at all for this. Parker scores 4 extra ppg on 3.5 extra shots, means nothing other than he's a more aggressive scorer. CP3 is better at everything else.

All Net
02-22-2013, 06:18 AM
Did somebody just use the words.."skip is right" :wtf:

qrich
02-22-2013, 06:22 AM

Tony Parker imo in terms of impact on a game is as good as CP3 while CP3 does "more" things better the things Parker does imo hes more effective in. I would also say Parker is a better athlete than Paul imo hes stronger on drives and a bit more explosive.

A lot of Centres in the NBA do a lot more things than Dwight (during his good years in Orlando) but what Dwight does he was ultra effective in he was still considered the best even tho he was nowhere near talented/skilled as others bigs.

Both are great, Cp3 for mine is greater but Parker is a monster and easily a top 3 PG and been better this season.

How?

By scoring more despite taking more shots (granted, a higher fg & 3pt% as well)?

Human Error
02-22-2013, 06:36 AM
Question. When Parker scored 4 points and 11 points vs CP3 in the previous two meetings on 30 percent shooting.. what did that mean? Now one game or even a month of games means A>B?
:facepalm at this blatant homerism. It is not like we are saying Jeremy Lin is better than Chris Paul. Parker has scoring, overall shooting percentage, turnovers on Chris Paul this year as a top dog of a team with the best record. Paul is a great player but Parker has been even greater.

qrich
02-22-2013, 06:44 AM
:facepalm at this blatant homerism. It is not like we are saying Jeremy Lin is better than Chris Paul. Parker has scoring, overall shooting percentage, turnovers on Chris Paul this year as a top dog of a team with the best record. Paul is a great player but Parker has been even greater.

Scores 4.8 more points a night while taking 3.5 more shots. He does shoot better from the field (though TS brings the numbers much closer).

And turnovers? Parker averages 2.5 turnovers to 2.2 for Paul.

Not to mention Paul is #1 in assists per turnover to #7. While being #2 in assists per game to Parkers #6. Paul also averages a higher PER by 1.2. Paul contributes to 8 more points per 100 possessions and helps allows 4 less by the opponent.

Where is this factual stuff that Parker is "not even close" and "much greater", and so on.

Artillery
02-22-2013, 10:22 AM

Parker's a much better player now than he was five years ago. Back then he wasn't even the 2nd best player on the Spurs.

And I disagree with the commonly excepted notion that Paul is more clutch than Parker. Maybe in past seasons but TP's been one of the most clutch players in the league this year:

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-WJ328_COUNT0_G_20130214210701.jpg

andremiller07
02-22-2013, 10:34 AM
How?

By scoring more despite taking more shots (granted, a higher fg & 3pt% as well)?

I pretty much base everything on the eye test over stats, to me it seems Parker is playing better, but it could easily change over the last 25+ games or so. Again Paul is a all-around better player and PG but the stuff Parker has been doing this season is insane.

guy
02-22-2013, 10:40 AM
I don't know who's better, but they should both be all-nba first team this year. Of course, it seems like that won't happen cause it seems like they'll never not put Kobe Bryant in one of those spots, even if he is leading his team to a below .500 record.

LakersForlife
02-22-2013, 10:40 AM
obviously parker is a winner .cp3 not so much

Bigsmoke
02-22-2013, 10:56 AM
not to me.

KrizMiz
02-22-2013, 11:03 AM
as much as i hate the spurs - but tony parker is the best pg right now!

TheMarkMadsen
02-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Now one game or even a month of games means A>B?

Question. When Parker scored 4 points and 11 points vs CP3 in the previous two meetings on 30 percent shooting..what did that mean?

way to say that one game or "even a month of games" doesn't matter, only to back up your claim by quoting stats from two games

:facepalm

JerryWest
02-22-2013, 11:20 AM
i'm better than both.

I.R.Beast
02-22-2013, 11:46 AM

Chris Paul has never been a good defender, and Tony Parker is better than he is

BuffaloBill
02-22-2013, 11:46 AM

You keep bringing that up, but you forget that Parker was injured/recovering from injury at that time. During that string of 7 or 8 games when the Spurs played the Clippers twice, Tony was averaging about 10 ppg and even missed a few games.

I'm not saying Parker is a better player, I'm just reminding you that the Parker you saw in the first 2 games was Parker at 50%

CeltsGarlic
02-22-2013, 11:56 AM

Better than himself. Thats rather amazing.
Jokes aside, TP is better than CP3 this year, debatable but facts and majority opinion speak for themselves. :cheers:

Whoah10115
02-22-2013, 11:59 AM
What is this need for evidence? Stats? You can't suggest Blake is better now, despite the stats, and then ask for stats to back up a claim.

I can respect someone thinking Paul has been better, but not by a lot and not when you consider the time missed. Parker has been better, in general, I feel. All things considered, it should be his.

Paul is better but Parker is having an incredible season. It's not knee-jerk, but people take a while to come around.

ihoopallday
02-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Parker is arguably having the best season of his career. SA has also had so many injuries and still have the best record. Now, they just have to sustain that level of play come playoff time. But also give credit to Pop. That's one hell of a coach. Gave Parker the green light before the season started. Seems to be working out beautifully.

ninephive
02-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Last year he was top 5 in MVP voting. This year he may be top 3.

ninephive
02-22-2013, 01:11 PM
+1

qrich
02-22-2013, 01:14 PM
I pretty much base everything on the eye test over stats, to me it seems Parker is playing better, but it could easily change over the last 25+ games or so. Again Paul is a all-around better player and PG but the stuff Parker has been doing this season is insane.

And what Paul is doing isn't insane? Topping the league in assists, steals all the while also topping those lists (well 7th in steals) per turnover for those categories as well? Being the catalyst of a 17 game win streak? Leading the Clippers, the butt of all jokes, to the 4th best record in the association?

way to say that one game or "even a month of games" doesn't matter, only to back up your claim by quoting stats from two games

Seems more like he's asking those basing it off a game or a month what they thought of that more than anything.

Jokes aside, TP is better than CP3 this year, debatable but facts and majority opinion speak for themselves. :cheers:

What facts? Statistics sure don't.

Majority opinion doesn't either. I'm sure if you asked 100 fans, more than half would pick Paul.

What is this need for evidence? Stats? You can't suggest Blake is better now, despite the stats, and then ask for stats to back up a claim.

I can respect someone thinking Paul has been better, but not by a lot and not when you consider the time missed. Parker has been better, in general, I feel. All things considered, it should be his.

Paul is better but Parker is having an incredible season. It's not knee-jerk, but people take a while to come around.

Blake is playing 6 minutes less than his rookie year, scoring 4 fewer points on just over 3 less shot attempts per game. More assists, steals and blocks as well. His rebounding dip has been huge, but that is more due to him giving effort on D. Better PER, better TS, better DRTG, better ORTG, better WS/48. So how do stats say otherwise? Even his sophomore year, scoring 2 points less on 2 less shots in 4 less minutes with more assists, steals, less blocks. Lower FG% but noticeably higher FT%. Similar per, higher TS, Same ORTG, better DRTG, lower OWS, higher DWS but much higher WS/48. Don't see how stats say Blake has been worse :confusedshrug:

And like I posted earlier, what Paul is doing isn't considered insane?

kenny817
02-22-2013, 01:15 PM

Finals MVP...pretty sure regular season MVP is irrelevant to TP9. Although...he has a case for it this year.

By the way...I hate the Spurs more than anything on this planet.

ninephive
02-22-2013, 01:21 PM
No one forgets that series that the Spurs won.

chips93
02-22-2013, 01:22 PM
And I disagree with the commonly excepted notion that Paul is more clutch than Parker. Maybe in past seasons but TP's been one of the most clutch players in the league this year:

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-WJ328_COUNT0_G_20130214210701.jpg

those are some absolutely tiny sample sizes.

ninephive
02-22-2013, 01:28 PM
And what Paul is doing isn't insane? Topping the league in assists, steals all the while also topping those lists (well 7th in steals) per turnover for those categories as well? Being the catalyst of a 17 game win streak? Leading the Clippers, the butt of all jokes, to the 4th best record in the association?
20, 1st.

qrich
02-22-2013, 01:30 PM
20, 1st.

Spurs won 20 in a row this year? Shocker, thought Houston's 22 back in 07-08 was the last 20 or more :rolleyes:

Whoah10115
02-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Blake is playing 6 minutes less than his rookie year, scoring 4 fewer points on just over 3 less shot attempts per game. More assists, steals and blocks as well. His rebounding dip has been huge, but that is more due to him giving effort on D. Better PER, better TS, better DRTG, better ORTG, better WS/48. So how do stats say otherwise? Even his sophomore year, scoring 2 points less on 2 less shots in 4 less minutes with more assists, steals, less blocks. Lower FG% but noticeably higher FT%. Similar per, higher TS, Same ORTG, better DRTG, lower OWS, higher DWS but much higher WS/48. Don't see how stats say Blake has been worse :confusedshrug:

His Per36 rebound numbers are way down. Your point about defense is a good one but just brings up the need to watch and not check the stats.

Paul is great, as he always is, but he isn't as impressive as Parker. With the games missed there should really be no argument. He's making clear just how valuable he is to the team when he's out but he isn't making a case to place for an award because he's not playing.

He's playing better defense, he's a still a better pure playmaker, geting others shots. Parker is as efficient, per shot attempt, shoots much better from 3 and overall, is somewhat comparable in FT%. Paul has more assists and better per36 too. He's also a better rebounder. But he is not giving other PG's the hassle that Parker is. And, the real argument for Parker over Paul, he is not executing his offense better than Parker is executing the Spurs offense. Popovich's system may make it easier and is better, and Paul is has to do more and all that...but Tony Parker is running the team and executing better than Paul is. Watching the games, that's what I see. And then take the missed games (to this point) and it's very obvious to me.

If Paul doesn't miss any more games than that won't really mean much, unless I'm just torn between the two. But with or without that, Parker has still been better, for me.

Nick Young
02-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Best PG in the NBA BY FAR for the past 3 years or so

Nick Young
02-22-2013, 02:16 PM

Seems more like he's asking those basing it off a game or a month what they thought of that more than anything.

What facts? Statistics sure don't.

Majority opinion doesn't either. I'm sure if you asked 100 fans, more than half would pick Paul.

Clippers fan from Arizona-GTFO

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Qrich is giving everybody in this thread Bukakke ether... I don't even need to chime in anymore :oldlol: . Problem with the average ISH poster is they don't like to deal in facts but rather watch one game and make ridiculous claims SMH.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Tony Parker is having an outstanding year and is a worthy MVP candidate. That was never in question for me or anybody else. Chris Paul is the better player this year and every other year though, that's the point of contention. I feel like Parker fits more in line with how the media votes for MVP's nowadays so yes I feel realistically Parker right now has a better case for MVP. This is mainly due to the flawed media idea that best player on team with best record= MVP.

Tony Parker killed CP3 last night but CP3 also killed Parker in the previous two meetings this year and I didn't see people making threads like CP3>Parker. Why? Because it's obvious CP3>Parker and it wouldn't be thread worthy.

nosfan773
02-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Tony Parker is having an outstanding year and is a worthy MVP candidate. That was never in question for me or anybody else. Chris Paul is the better player this year and every other year though, that's the point of contention. I feel like Parker fits more in line with how the media votes for MVP's nowadays so yes I feel realistically Parker right now has a better case for MVP. This is mainly due to the flawed media idea that best player on team with best record= MVP.

Tony Parker killed CP3 last night but CP3 also killed Parker in the previous two meetings this year and I didn't see people making threads like CP3>Parker. Why? Because it's obvious CP3>Parker and it wouldn't be thread worthy.

IMO Parker has outplayed CP3 this season, but definitely over their careers CP3 has been the better PG, I think that is pretty obvious. This is coming from a Spurs and Hornets fans btw.

brandonislegend
02-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Only people picking CP3 in this thread are Clipper fans, they must be right not the majority of fans that don't like either team and are unbiased.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Only people picking CP3 in this thread are Clipper fans, they must be right not the majority of fans that don't like either team and are unbiased.

Did you go through the thread? A few red barred trolls who are known to be knee jerk posters, a couple Spurs fans and a couple just commenting that Parker beat up CP3 this game (obviously true).

Nobody that has any respect on this board that wasn't a Spurs fan said Parker>CP3. A couple people including Nuggetsfan (obviously not a Clippers fan and a decent poster) said CP3>Parker and he doesn't even like the Clippers.

Orlando Magic
02-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Manu > McGrady anyone?

Same type of moron that started those threads then is the same type of moron starting these threads now.

The Spurs are a ****ing damn good basketball team from top to bottom with by far and away the best coach in the NBA.

Tony Parker is not the league's MVP. He is not better than Chris Paul.

I ****ing hate how this shit happens every single ****ing year. Some second tier player grabbing up hype for MVP discussion because people get bored of voting for the same guy or think that great team record is a result of the "top player" on that team's play. That is only true for a handful of players in the league and guess what? Tony ****ing Parker is not ****ing one of them. It's ****ing ridiculous. Eat a bag of *****, ******s. Yeah, I'm mad.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Manu > McGrady anyone?

Same type of moron that started those threads then is the same type of moron starting these threads now.

The Spurs are a ****ing damn good basketball team from top to bottom with by far and away the best coach in the NBA.

I ****ing hate how this shit happens every single ****ing year. Some second tier player grabbing up hype for MVP discussion because people get bored of voting for the same guy or think that great team record is a result of the "top player" on that team's play. It's ****ing ridiculous. Eat a bag of *****, ******s. Yeah, I'm mad.

:bowdown: ether'd mother fu**ers like crazy. Ain't this the damn truth though! Every year we deal with this shit at least 10 times.. and by season end these same flip floppers will be saying shit like "CP3's been the best PG in the league for 5 years" blah blah.

qrich
02-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Clippers fan from Arizona-GTFO

Born and raised in the SFV buddy.

His Per36 rebound numbers are way down. Your point about defense is a good one but just brings up the need to watch and not check the stats.

Paul is great, as he always is, but he isn't as impressive as Parker. With the games missed there should really be no argument. He's making clear just how valuable he is to the team when he's out but he isn't making a case to place for an award because he's not playing.

He's playing better defense, he's a still a better pure playmaker, geting others shots. Parker is as efficient, per shot attempt, shoots much better from 3 and overall, is somewhat comparable in FT%. Paul has more assists and better per36 too. He's also a better rebounder. But he is not giving other PG's the hassle that Parker is. And, the real argument for Parker over Paul, he is not executing his offense better than Parker is executing the Spurs offense. Popovich's system may make it easier and is better, and Paul is has to do more and all that...but Tony Parker is running the team and executing better than Paul is. Watching the games, that's what I see. And then take the missed games (to this point) and it's very obvious to me.

If Paul doesn't miss any more games than that won't really mean much, unless I'm just torn between the two. But with or without that, Parker has still been better, for me.

Defense can be measured in some stats as well. As far as this thread, I just don't see it, stats also do not back it up. Say its close, fine by me, but to say clearly is a joke.

IMO Parker has outplayed CP3 this season, but definitely over their careers CP3 has been the better PG, I think that is pretty obvious. This is coming from a Spurs and Hornets fans btw.

How?

qrich
02-22-2013, 05:57 PM
No he isn't. Is he better Offensively? No. Defensively? No. Rebounding? No. Paul is almost better at every facet of the game. One game doesn't prove anything.

But he has been more impressive and has outplayed him all year :confusedshrug:

FKAri
02-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Parker can be a more dangerous scorer at times but other than that Paul does everything else better.

kushrenada
02-22-2013, 06:52 PM
One game DOES prove something. It proves that the Clippers are incompetent when they are shut down by a superior and better organized defense. It proves that they are Lame City when they can't make adjustments to a quick rotating and middle of the line defensive scheme. Pops will tell you that they're middle of the road, right now.

Parker ISNT'T a second tier player, either. :no: He's won a Finals MVP and 3 championships. He's extremely dangerous in the Spur system. He isn't the MVP this year. We all know that's just hot air to talk about because Lebron has it pretty much sealed up. I don't even like Tony Parker that much, but he's part of the Spurs machine and they're great.

Did DJ even show up last night? Did he collect a check for that horrid mess? How can Vinny Del Negro claim that they're a better and more experienced, smarter team than last year when they just got SPANKED last night?

I mean guys, Blake Griffin looked like Michael Sweetney (http://deadspin.com/5952591/nba-shit-list-michael-sweetney-large-symbol-of-new-yorks-leanest-years) out there.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 06:55 PM
One game DOES prove something. It proves that the Clippers are incompetent when they are shut down by a superior and better organized defense. It proves that they are Lame City when they can't make adjustments to a quick rotating and middle of the line defensive scheme. Pops will tell you that they're middle of the road, right now.

Parker ISNT'T a second tier player, either. :no: He's won a Finals MVP and 3 championships. He's extremely dangerous in the Spur system. He isn't the MVP this year. We all know that's just hot air to talk about because Lebron has it pretty much sealed up. I don't even like Tony Parker that much, but he's part of the Spurs machine and they're great.

Did DJ even show up last night? Did he collect a check for that horrid mess? How can Vinny Del Negro claim that they're a better and more experienced, smarter team than last year when they just got SPANKED last night?

I mean guys, Blake Griffin looked like Michael Sweetney (http://deadspin.com/5952591/nba-shit-list-michael-sweetney-large-symbol-of-new-yorks-leanest-years) out there.

So again let me ask you. When the Clippers beat the crap out of the Spurs and won twice against them this year did it mean the Spurs were incompetent and got shutdown by a better system? It goes both ways right? BTW for 85+ percent of the season so far the Clippers were a better defensive team than the Spurs. Only in the last 2-3 weeks has the Clippers defense slipped when CP3 was down.

Whoah10115
02-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Qrich, I said "clearly, for me". I'm not telling you it should be clear (rest is not aimed at you, so there are no misunderstandings).

This thread is annoying.

First of all, Popovich's system marginalizes a guy like Manu...so why bring that into this, I don't know. It's just a simplistic way of looking at it.

Second, there is no context in that argument.

Parker is not a better player than Chris Paul, but there is no ether going on here. Parker has had a better season, with all things considered. But if someone wants to disagree, that's fine. However, the ridiculousness in the disagreement is coming from the Paul side.

qrich
02-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Qrich, I said "clearly, for me". I'm not telling you it should be clear (rest is not aimed at you, so there are no misunderstanding

I fully understand that, I just don't see how one can say Parker is clearly better on the year, but it is what it is, I suppose.

kushrenada
02-22-2013, 08:31 PM
So again let me ask you. When the Clippers beat the crap out of the Spurs and won twice against them this year did it mean the Spurs were incompetent and got shutdown by a better system? It goes both ways right? BTW for 85+ percent of the season so far the Clippers were a better defensive team than the Spurs. Only in the last 2-3 weeks has the Clippers defense slipped when CP3 was down.
Sure, it goes both ways. Pops said he was embarrassed by their play in those losses. But we're talking about the teams, not the players, now. In which case, put everything in perspective and be reasonable--Spurs didn't play well and they lost but no one questions their system. Clippers are the ones with something to prove, even if they are one of the best teams in the league. We're getting much closer to the playoffs and they really failed to play hard last night against the arguable top Western conf opponent. There are losses and then there are those bitter demoralizing losses. CP3 looked terribly uncomfortable and Blake Griffin had so much trouble with his shot and decision making. He was frustrated as hell.

Yeah, I agree with you, CP3 is a better player than Parker, that is why we all expect him to have played much better last night. That's why this thread even exists, because people want to reaction-argue about Parker after he goes to topple the widely-considered best point guard in the game. Parker>CP3 only happens, because Parker is running the Spurs so well, having a great season, best record in the league, so it's a reasonable argument. We can disagree, but it's reasonable to go even a step further and suggest that the Clippers cannot make adjustments under pressure when the season is on the line when you lose that decisively, emotionally and mentally. I mean, I think they'll be all right with Tuff Juice (he's really a key part of this team, loved his versatility, scoring and energy in Washington) and Blake "Awkward Commercial" Griffin, DeAndre and Jamal "Jack-em-up" Crawford. They're a really talented team. But, I question if CP3 can lead these guys to a series win over the Spurs. I doubt if Chauncey can stay healthy. And I question Vinny. Do you trust Vinny?

Also offtopic, but I loved the Clippers with Tim Thomas and Sam Cassell a few years back. They were fun to watch, didn't nearly have the same pressure, and I think they achieved pretty well, despite their coach.

Clippersfan86
02-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Hell no I don't trust Vinny. I actually said if they retained him this year.. I'd stop watching games till he's gone. I actually went back on that and couldn't hold myself to it... but he's fu**ing retarded and holds this team back greatly.

FKAri
02-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Hell no I don't trust Vinny. I actually said if they retained him this year.. I'd stop watching games till he's gone. I actually went back on that and couldn't hold myself to it... but he's fu**ing retarded and holds this team back greatly.

Swap Vinnie for Pop :eek:

brandonislegend
02-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Swap Vinnie for Pop :eek:

CP3 is the only player on the Clippers that plays a solid role that has the IQ to play in his system, Bledsoe, Griffin, Crawford, DJ in pops system :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PJR
02-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Manu > McGrady anyone?

I ****ing hate how this shit happens every single ****ing year. Some second tier player grabbing up hype for MVP discussion because people get bored of voting for the same guy or think that great team record is a result of the "top player" on that team's play. That is only true for a handful of players in the league and guess what? Tony ****ing Parker is not ****ing one of them. It's ****ing ridiculous. Eat a bag of *****, ******s. Yeah, I'm mad.

I'm with you all the way. This need for feel good narratives are jokes. Lol @ Tony Parker being MVP.

Whoah10115
02-23-2013, 12:31 AM
CP3 is the only player on the Clippers that plays a solid role that has the IQ to play in his system, Bledsoe, Griffin, Crawford, DJ in pops system :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yea cuz Danny Green has always been noted for his basketball IQ.

Griffin is most certainly not a dumb player. And Bledsoe would fit in just fine.

qrich
02-23-2013, 02:30 AM
Jarrett Jack > Tony Parker
David Lee > Tim Duncan

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 03:01 AM
Jarrett Jack > Tony Parker
David Lee > Tim Duncan

:applause: