PDA

View Full Version : Should Tony Parker Feel Embarrassed?

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 05:36 AM
Klay Thompson was on Tony Parker a lot of the game today and Parker shot 38 percent while racking up just 3 assists. Lately people are getting loud about Parker for MVP but conveniently nobody says a word when he struggles (or when the Spurs lose). How did a defensively subpar player like Thompson hold him in check so well?

If this was CP3, Westbrook or Rose when he was healthy.. there would be threads.

nosfan773
02-23-2013, 05:40 AM
http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/as-the-croft-flies/2011/01/14/Trolling%20for%20Canucks.jpg

SacJB Shady
02-23-2013, 05:46 AM
Thompson doesn't deserve some respect?

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 05:47 AM
Thompson doesn't deserve some respect?

Course. He locked up the MVP :applause: . Just saying it's funny how one day people hype the shit out of a player, then are nowhere to be found when they have a bad game. Yet any Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Clippers player a bad game= 5 threads. Tired of the hypocrites on this forum.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-23-2013, 05:50 AM
i like TP and OP is trolling cause parker embarassed cp3 last night, but Parker being mvp is laughable.

BlackVVaves
02-23-2013, 05:51 AM
I thought I was the only one that noticed. Everytime I saw Klay guard Parker when he had the ball in his hands, I thought ok. Here it comes, Parker's going to blow right pass him for the ea...and he missed.

Not sure what that was about. Really risky putting Klay on Parker, shrewd if not idiotic move, from afar. And yet, it worked?

Strange days indeed...

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 05:53 AM
i like TP and OP is trolling cause parker embarassed cp3 last night, but Parker being mvp is laughable.

No. I'm trolling because the hypocrisy around here gets old. The double standards.

BlackVVaves
02-23-2013, 05:53 AM

Eh, he's trolling but he knows he is. Let em troll, he IS right after all. Let that had been CP3, Kobe, Westbrook, ect and there would be numerous childish threads ridiculing said players. As if they are robots and aren't allowed to underperform sometimes.

SacJB Shady
02-23-2013, 05:54 AM
I thought I was the only one that noticed. Everytime I saw Klay guard Parker when he had the ball in his hands, I thought ok. Here it comes, Parker's going to blow right pass him for the ea...and he missed.

Not sure what that was about. Really risky putting Klay on Parker, shrewd if not idiotic move, from afar. And yet, it worked?

Strange days indeed...

They put klay on parker last time as well. I think Klay guards Westbrook and Paul too. It works pretty well.

BlackVVaves
02-23-2013, 05:58 AM
They put klay on parker last time as well. I think Klay guards Westbrook and Paul too. It works pretty well.

It just...doesn't make ****ing sense. The kid can't guard small forwards or shooting guards at his own size, but statistically does well defending smaller, quicker players at the point guard position?

Twilight zone shit I'm telling you. Everytime I saw him on Parker I was telling out "SWITCH JACK, SWITCH!!!" until I realized the assignment was by design. :confusedshrug:

Quizno
02-23-2013, 06:03 AM
Klay Thompson was on Tony Parker a lot of the game today and Parker only shot 35 percent while racking up just 3 assists. Lately people are getting loud about Parker for MVP but conveniently nobody says a word when he struggles (or when the Spurs lose). How did a defensively subpar player like Thompson hold him in check so well?

If this was CP3, Westbrook or Rose when he was healthy.. there would be threads.
maybe because TP almost never "struggles" and the spurs hardly ever lose. last time he had a "bad" game was in early january against the knicks. he's been straight up amazing

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 06:04 AM
It just...doesn't make ****ing sense. The kid can't guard small forwards or shooting guards at his own size, but statistically does well defending smaller, quicker players at the point guard position?

Twilight zone shit I'm telling you. Everytime I saw him on Parker I was telling out "SWITCH JACK, SWITCH!!!" until I realized the assignment was by design. :confusedshrug:

:oldlol: definitely an anomaly in that sense of not being able to guard players at his own position yet being able to guard faster, smaller players.

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 06:08 AM
maybe because TP almost never "struggles" and the spurs hardly ever lose. last time he had a "bad" game was in early january against the knicks. he's been straight up amazing

Many of the players I'm talking about the double standard with.. such as Kobe, CP3, Westbrook, Rose (when he was healthy obviously), Lebron, Wade, Melo etc it doesn't even have to be a "bad" game. It could merely be a below average one.. or losing a H2H and you have 5 threads talking shit.

Since January he's been incredible but on the year he's had as many bad games as the players I listed. I mean he shot 36 percent and 33 percent back to back vs Denver and OKC. I don't recall seeing 5 threads bashing him after those games.

Myth
02-23-2013, 06:10 AM

My thoughts exactly. This is only bothering the OP because of Parker vs Chris Paul.

BlackVVaves
02-23-2013, 06:13 AM
:oldlol: definitely an anomaly in that sense of not being able to guard players at his own position yet being able to guard faster, smaller players.

I suppose his length makes players have to unwillingly arc their shot even more when he challenges a shot due to his size and length. Still, doesn't explain why they don't just marginalize that success by taking him off the dribble. And, the times Parker did (at least from the plays I saw) he was unsuccessful. Just weird stuff.

Anyway, I literally never have and likely never will again agree with the utter vomit induced garbage Bill Simmons formulates into "analytical opinion," but when he said that certain people (Chuck) need to calm that Tony Parker for MVP shit down, I couldn't help but agree. Tony Parker may be playing sensational (for HIS standards) and the Spurs may be the kings of the court at the moment. But please don't try to sell me oxygen. Tony Parker isn't having a better season than Lebron or Durant. So why even start that nonsense? GTFOH please. Give him a spot on the 1st Team NBA if you want (though I certainly have CP3 and Kobe in at the guards spots), but MVP?

What type of hypebeast bullshit is that?

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 06:14 AM
My thoughts exactly. This is only bothering the OP because of Parker vs Chris Paul.

No hidden agenda here. I made it clear what I'm contesting. I'm not mad that Parker killed CP3 in one game. It has everything to do with the double standards around here. Some players/teams are protected and when they fail it's swept under the rug or ignored.

Then you have about 5 teams on ISH that if anything negative happens.. 10 threads spring up ripping them and spamming the board. It's just an annoying ass cycle that's getting real old. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's sick of it.

andremiller07
02-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Wow people hating on Parker really? At the end of the day styles makes fights and Klay managed to do well on him big props to Klay.

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 06:17 AM
I suppose his length makes players have to unwillingly arc their shot even more when he challenges a shot due to his size and length. Still, doesn't explain why they don't just marginalize that success by taking him off the dribble. And, the times Parker did (at least from the plays I saw) he was unsuccessful. Just weird stuff.

Anyway, I literally never have and likely never will again agree with the utter vomit induced garbage Bill Simmons formulates into "analytical opinion," but when he said that certain people (Chuck) need to calm that Tony Parker for MVP shit down, I couldn't help but agree. Tony Parker may be playing sensational (for HIS standards) and the Spurs may be the kings of the court at the moment. But please don't try to sell me oxygen. Tony Parker isn't having a better season than Lebron or Durant. So why even start that nonsense? GTFOH please. Give him a spot on the 1st Team NBA if you want (though I certainly have CP3 and Kobe in at the guards spots), but MVP?

What type of hypebeast bullshit is that?

I have a lot of trouble respecting TNT because they let their bias get in the way. For example.. Clippers spank the hell out of a team on TNT= no insight, no drama... basically act like it didn't happen. Clippers lose? Parker is the MVP and showed CP3 why he's the best PG, Spurs showed the Clippers why they aren't ready for the big time etc. If I recall.. the time we beat the Spurs by 22 this year was on TNT as well and we got no respect.

It's not only the Clippers victimized by this double standard. It's the 5 teams I mentioned. The Heat have gotten a break this year since they won the ring but nobody seems to want to give credit to the Lakers, Knicks, Clippers etc.. but the minute something bad happens... the criticism piles on.

Myth
02-23-2013, 06:18 AM
Eh, he's trolling but he knows he is. Let em troll, he IS right after all. Let that had been CP3, Kobe, Westbrook, ect and there would be numerous childish threads ridiculing said players. As if they are robots and aren't allowed to underperform sometimes.

I think one of the differences is that Parker and the Spurs as a whole often don't get the props they deserve as well. They are often overlooked when doing well, so they're also overlooked when they are struggling. I know there is a TP MVP thread, but overall there still is not the same type of hype you see around him as you see with those other players when their team is on top. Childish hate threads are usually a response to childish nut-hugging threads, and TP does not get numerous nut-hugging threads.

SacJB Shady
02-23-2013, 06:19 AM
Thompson's specialty has been guarding the smaller and quicker players. He is deceptively long and has been able to hang with them and stay in front. He seems to bother them a little. Remember, Mark Jackson knows what he is doing.

Myth
02-23-2013, 06:19 AM
No hidden agenda here. I made it clear what I'm contesting. I'm not mad that Parker killed CP3 in one game. It has everything to do with the double standards around here. Some players/teams are protected and when they fail it's swept under the rug or ignored.

I saw your follow up post after I responded to the one I quoted. See my post above this one to see why I believe the double standard doesn't quite fit.

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 06:21 AM
I think one of the differences is that Parker and the Spurs as a whole often don't get the props they deserve as well. They are often overlooked when doing well, so they're also overlooked when they are struggling. I know there is a TP MVP thread, but overall there still is not the same type of hype you see around him as you see with those other players when their team is on top. Childish hate threads are usually a response to childish nut-hugging threads, and TP does not get numerous nut-hugging threads.

There is a reason there isn't as much hype. Parker's been nothing special for years. He's been a tier 2 PG who has his moments but has never been a top 3 PG in any given year really (until this year). The Spurs don't get mention because them winning 50+ games in the regular season or getting the 1 seed is as common as you taking a morning sh**.

The other more hyped stories SHOULD be more hyped. Clippers and Knicks finally relevant. Lakers disaster. Heat's Big 3 forming and now defending the title. What news is worth talking about in San Antonio?

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 06:23 AM
I saw your follow up post after I responded to the one I quoted. See my post above this one to see why I believe the double standard doesn't quite fit.

You're saying it's because nobody hypes Parker, so there is less reason to bash him when he has a bad game.. yet if you read this board the last two weeks you'll see Parker is getting INSANELY hyped. People are saying MVP over Lebron and Durant, better player/PG than CP3. Hell a few people said he's been the best PG for 3-5 years.

I mean he's getting the same kind of knee jerk, bullshit praise that any other player gets around here. I never see CP3 threads unless it's haters talking about if he will re-sign, bitching about a flop or for those times he has a rare statistical game (which shouldn't be a big deal). There are far more CP3 haters who make threads here than homers.

SacJB Shady
02-23-2013, 06:23 AM
There is a reason there isn't as much hype. Parker's been nothing special for years. He's been a tier 2 PG who has his moments but has never been a top 3 PG in any given year really (until this year). The Spurs don't get mention because them winning 50+ games in the regular season or getting the 1 seed is as common as you taking a morning sh**.

The other more hyped stories SHOULD be more hyped. Clippers and Knicks finally relevant. Lakers disaster. Heat's Big 3 forming and now defending the title. What news is worth talking about in San Antonio?

But Parker is the leader of the team with the best record

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 06:25 AM
But Parker is the leader of the team with the best record

Which is why he's a top 5 MVP candidate this year. Doesn't make him the best individual player.

Myth
02-23-2013, 06:25 AM

I don't think you are really responding to the point of my post. The point wasn't who should and should not get hype. My point was that childish threads you previously referred to are responses to childish hype threads. If TP doesn't have countless childish hype threads, then people don't feel the need to have childish rip him apart for a bad game threads.

Also, I'm thinking a number of the people that did talk about TP being MVP were doing so out of not wanting to see other players win MVP (Kobe fans not wanting LeBron to get MVP for example).

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 06:31 AM
I don't think you are really responding to the point of my post. The point wasn't who should and should not get hype. My point was that childish threads you previously referred to are responses to childish hype threads. If TP doesn't have countless childish hype threads, then people don't feel the need to have childish rip him apart for a bad game threads.

I'm thinking a number of the people that did talk about TP being MVP were doing so out of not wanting to see other players win MVP (Kobe fans not wanting LeBron to get MVP for example).

Sorry I think I misread it. Still annoying though to see all of these things you're mentioning.

Myth
02-23-2013, 06:33 AM
Sorry I think I misread it. Still annoying though to see all of these things you're mentioning.

Just be thankful that Parker isn't getting the annoying posts on both sides of the nut-riders and haters. Less threads pointing out shit like this is better overall.

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 06:36 AM
Just be thankful that Parker isn't getting the annoying posts on both sides of the nut-riders and haters. Less threads pointing out shit like this is better overall.

I obviously shouldn't bother bringing it up because it falls on deaf ears but I'd love if people could stop making crazy proclamations based on small samples.

blacknapalm
02-23-2013, 06:47 AM
lol, you dismiss a clippers game saying it's 'one game, go back to two months ago'. then you create this thread. unless this is a direct response to ppl calling cp3 a bum or feeling embarrassed, it's just dumb. let's not act like you've said cp3 is not aggressive enough either. that was before you hated him for supposedly joining the lakers...pretty sure you called him a two faced bitch with no backbone.

if you wanted to start an argument, you would say that parker thrives on pop's system....but you didn't even go there. you didn't even mention that. you just whined. are we supposed to overlook the fact that he leads all guards in FG%?

this is a timely post because parker had a rough game. if cp3 was in the same scenario, you would make the same shit excuses.

pick and choose. if we were to pick out every bad game an MVP candidate had, do you realize how messy this board would be? as if it's not messy enough? are there people saying he's not a top 5 MVP candidate? this thread hurts my brain.

i really don't get you. you get a top 5 MVP candidate and out of pettiness, you try to chop down anyone that is close or your team played against. really?

Nero Tulip
02-23-2013, 06:53 AM
How's Paul's anus recovering?

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 06:56 AM
The idea behind this thread obviously went over your head Black. I'm not literally saying Parker should be criticized. Just pointing out the inconsistency and hypocrisy. Did I use hyperbole and controversy to get my point across? Sure.

blacknapalm
02-23-2013, 07:00 AM
The idea behind this thread obviously went over your head Black. I'm not literally saying Parker should be criticized. Just pointing out the inconsistency and hypocrisy. Did I use hyperbole and controversy to get my point across? Sure.

but cp3 has missed a bunch of games. parker has had a couple bad games but is still on a crazy string. i really think you're just being a fanboy and you should know i've defended cp3 a ton. to the point i still think he's the best PG in the game at his peak. parker is just having a better season. the timing of this thread is just suspect. i realize your point. ppl tend to praise parker while underrating him. ok, so cp3 might get extra criticism? so? there's folks that just do that but don't shove your shit on parker instead.

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Im bringing up Parker for good reason. His hype is out of control the last couple weeks and people are taking it to extreme measures. 12 games missed is a ton? I doubt CP3 sits agaun in the next 25 which means he will likely play 70 games.

maybeshewill13
02-23-2013, 07:16 AM
Clippers fan clearly insecure people have been calling TP better than CP3 :lol

coin24
02-23-2013, 08:15 AM
TP > CP3:lol

cfan86 just mad Paul didnt show up as usual in a big game..

This is like his Nuggets are overrated thread, so butthurt as soon as anyone apart from the clippers get praise:oldlol:

HorryIsMyMVP
02-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Spurs > Clippers

twintowers
02-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Klay Thompson was on Tony Parker a lot of the game today and Parker shot 38 percent while racking up just 3 assists. Lately people are getting loud about Parker for MVP but conveniently nobody says a word when he struggles (or when the Spurs lose). How did a defensively subpar player like Thompson hold him in check so well?

Butt still hurts, doesn't it? :D
P.S. Clippers we're irrelevant for ages and got swept last year by TP and the Spurs , i'd stay humble and show respect, kid.

ninephive
02-23-2013, 10:13 AM

No, 18/6/3 is not a bad game.
4/3/2 like Paul had against SA is.
For you to make threads about how Parker shouldn't have games of 18/6/3 is ridiculous. He's not going to put in 30/10 every game...no one is.

ninephive
02-23-2013, 10:19 AM

Tier 2 point guards aren't the best player on the best team in the league year after year after year and have the hardware to solidify their reputation (championships, Finals MVP, etc.). The fact that he finishes top 5 in MVP voting last year and you don't call him a top 3 point guard shows your insane bias. I used to like your posts but you are getting crazy.

brandonislegend
02-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Another 1 star thread brought to you by Clippersfan86.

Gotterdammerung
02-23-2013, 10:42 AM

A drop of reason in an ocean of illogic. :applause:

HylianNightmare
You're saying it's because nobody hypes Parker, so there is less reason to bash him when he has a bad game.. yet if you read this board the last two weeks you'll see Parker is getting INSANELY hyped. People are saying MVP over Lebron and Durant, better player/PG than CP3. Hell a few people said he's been the best PG for 3-5 years.

I mean he's getting the same kind of knee jerk, bullshit praise that any other player gets around here. I never see CP3 threads unless it's haters talking about if he will re-sign, bitching about a flop or for those times he has a rare statistical game (which shouldn't be a big deal). There are far more CP3 haters who make threads here than homers.

Why does it matter? Players will have differing amounts of hatred and love.
Let people talk shit and enjoy your player

ZenMaster
Embarrassed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVca1DOskEw

reppy
02-23-2013, 10:44 AM
A drop of reason in an ocean of illogic. :applause:

Myth raped this thread's soul. :bowdown:

eurobum
02-23-2013, 10:54 AM
The worst poster on this board who isn't a troll: Clippersfan86.

And Myth is on the money.

CeltsGarlic
02-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Its obviously agenda within agenda. He pretends that he has no agenda, but inside "no agenda" its clearly an agenda that cp3 shouldnt be criticized over getting destroyed. Maybe theres agenda in even that.

nashwade
02-23-2013, 10:58 AM
I thought this thread was about Eva Longloria

ralph_i_el
02-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Course. He locked up the MVP :applause: . Just saying it's funny how one day people hype the shit out of a player, then are nowhere to be found when they have a bad game. Yet any Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Clippers player a bad game= 5 threads. Tired of the hypocrites on this forum.

That's because there are so many obnoxious fans for those teams that make "X Championship Cruise" and "Lettuce be cereal Lakers are goat team" threads. When their teams fail it's hilarious.

Don't run into a lot of obnoxious spurs fans :confusedshrug:

Artillery
02-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Clippersfan86 still butthurt that Parker raped Chris Paul on his own court.

The Goldenstate game isn't really a big deal. A back-to-back away loss in overtime after destroying the Clippers on the road. It looked like the Spurs gassed out after the fourth quarter which is expected in a b2b game.

chips93
02-23-2013, 11:56 AM
kinda agree with op

people go from ignoring parker/the spurs most of the time, or when they are playing poorly, to talking about them as mvp/title favs when they are playing well, without much criticism when they play poorly

there is definitely a double standard, and just because CF86 might be making the point in a troll fashion, it doesnt mean his point isnt right.

02-23-2013, 12:03 PM
When Kobe got 8 turnovers and 8 assists. no one criticized his contract as ridiculous. I mean it's 27 mil this season, and he got 8 TOs?

Artillery
02-23-2013, 12:06 PM
kinda agree with op

people go from ignoring parker/the spurs most of the time, or when they are playing poorley, to talking about them as mvp/title favs when they are playing well, without much criticism when they play poorly

there is definitely a double standard, and just because CF86 might be making the point in a troll fashion, it doesnt mean his point isnt right.

That's the whole reason why they avoid criticism, you moron. Every other big name player has a group of retards(like Clippersfan86 for example) hyping their players up to high hell the entire season. It's expected that they'd be trashed after an embarrassing performance. There's nobody starting daily threads about the Spurs or Tony Parker. It's called staying under the radar.

And 18/6/3 from Parker(in an away B2B) is nowhere near as terrible as the 4/3/2 that Paul had.

BuffaloBill
02-23-2013, 12:14 PM
kinda agree with op

people go from ignoring parker/the spurs most of the time, or when they are playing poorley, to talking about them as mvp/title favs when they are playing well, without much criticism when they play poorly

That's because they rarely play poorly

You know a team is doing well when one loss in overtime is considered a lowpoint in the season. :lol

Whoah10115
02-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Parker doesn't get a lot of threads when he's good. It's taken him being this good for the past two seasons for people to acknowledge just how good he's been. So when he's bad should he start getting a bunch stupid threads?

No, and you know that. Why make a thread like this?

chips93
02-23-2013, 12:28 PM
That's the whole reason why they avoid criticism, you moron. Every other big name player has a group of retards(like Clippersfan86 for example) hyping their players up to high hell the entire season. It's expected that they'd be trashed after an embarrassing performance. There's nobody starting daily threads about the Spurs or Tony Parker. It's called staying under the radar.

thats pretty dumb.

so im supposed to treat the spurs differently just because they dont have as many troll fans?

And 18/6/3 from Parker(in an away B2B) is nowhere near as terrible as the 4/3/2 that Paul had.

i didnt mention cp3 once in my post, so i dont see how this is relevant.

BlueCrayon
02-23-2013, 12:46 PM

Because this happens once in a blue moon.

Grinder
02-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Parker doesn't get a lot of threads when he's good. It's taken him being this good for the past two seasons for people to acknowledge just how good he's been. So when he's bad should he start getting a bunch stupid threads?

No, and you know that. Why make a thread like this?

Obviously because he destroyed Chris Paul the night before which put him in CF86's crosshairs. Silly thread to make considering Parker's performance wasn't even that awful to begin with especially since he was on the second night of a back to back.

Pointguard
02-23-2013, 01:24 PM
but cp3 has missed a bunch of games. parker has had a couple bad games but is still on a crazy string. i really think you're just being a fanboy and you should know i've defended cp3 a ton. to the point i still think he's the best PG in the game at his peak. parker is just having a better season. the timing of this thread is just suspect. i realize your point. ppl tend to praise parker while underrating him. ok, so cp3 might get extra criticism? so? there's folks that just do that but don't shove your shit on parker instead.
He's right, tho. When Rose was winning the MVP, the Bulls only lost like three games after March 1st. If he had a bad shooting game the boards lit up, "oh he'd be the worse MVP ever!" The Bulls didn't loose to an elite team after Dec 3 that year and Rose outplayed every elite PG but had an equal game with Westbrook who didn't guard him. The haters jumped on it.. The haters had a hidden pick, that didn't really speak up on. Dwight Howard basically crumbled once he started getting attention for MVP, this happens quite often for guys who aren't ready for the scrutiny. His play had dropped of considerably once the race got hot.

But two years later people are still saying Howard should have won it. But if he was under the same scrutiny as Rose there was no way people would even dare say it. DH would have been severely trashed for missing games, being outplayed by a rookie, falling 9 games back to the Bulls in a month and a half, having few big games, Lebron going to Orlando and criticizing DH's owner or GM and then taking a dump on Howard's team the day after, and having few influential games in the last month and a half. When I continuously talked about the leadership gap between he and Rose, people here just couldn't grasp the idea. Of course now they see it. But because there was an imbalance of scrutiny, the haters are still talking years later.

So yeah, its only fair to scrutinize all realistic candidate because people will forget and act like it never happened years later.

Whoah10115
02-23-2013, 01:28 PM
He's right, tho. When Rose was winning the MVP, the Bulls only lost like three games after March 1st. If he had a bad shooting game the boards lit up, "oh he'd be the worse MVP ever!" The Bulls didn't loose to an elite team after Dec 3 that year and Rose outplayed every elite PG but had an equal game with Westbrook who didn't guard him. The haters jumped on it.. The haters had a hidden pick, that didn't really speak up on. Dwight Howard basically crumbled once he started getting attention for MVP, this happens quite often for guys who aren't ready for the scrutiny. Dwight Howard's play had dropped of considerably once the race got hot. After March 1st he basically eliminates himself.

But two years later people are still saying Howard should have won it. But if he was under the same scrutiny as Rose there was no way people would even dare say it. DH would have been severely trashed for missing games, being outplayed by a rookie, falling 9 games back to the Bulls in a month and a half, having few big games, Lebron going to Orlando and criticizing DH's owner or GM and then taking a dump on Howard's team the day after, and few having few influential games in the last month and a half. When I continuously talked about the leadership gap between he and Rose, people here just couldn't grasp the idea. Of course now they see it. But because there was an imbalance of scrutiny, the haters are still talking years later.

So yeah, its only fair to scrutinize all realistic candidate because people will forget and act like it never happened years later.

Rose also had the award locked up immediately after the All-Star break. The main reason people bag on him winning is the level of slurping he got. Much of it didn't even have to do with his overall play but with his overall talent, his humbleness and humility, and it just became a gag fest. That award was decided early on in a way I hadn't seen before. The Chicago announcers were so annoying lol.

chazzy
02-23-2013, 01:34 PM
I'd love if people could stop making crazy proclamations based on small samples.
Starting with yourself

TheMarkMadsen
02-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Starting with yourself

Hey man have you seen Blake Griffin terrorizing the league lately cementing himself as the best big man in the game? What a 3 game stretch!

SCdac
02-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Is this seriously a 5 page thread? OP is the most butthurn fan on this board :facepalm

TMT
02-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Is this seriously a 5 page thread? OP is the most butthurn fan on this board :facepalm

Anything to downplay the other WC contenders in order for the Clippers to look better. :oldlol:

Didn't CP3 have 4 points and as many assists as turnovers the other night while getting routed by San Antonio? :lol

SpecialQue
02-23-2013, 05:31 PM
The Spurs are the only team in the NBA to be consistently great, have actually won championships, and still get overlooked and/or shit on by fans.

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Anything to downplay the other WC contenders in order for the Clippers to look better. :oldlol:

Didn't CP3 have 4 points and as many assists as turnovers the other night while getting routed by San Antonio? :lol

Obviously you missed the intent so you're just flinging out random assumptions. My point was... if Spurs fans want more praise and notice.. along with that comes more criticism when your players get held to 38 percent shooting by defensively poor players and get outplayed by 6th men PG's like Jarrett Jack.

Stop idiotically placing Parker with people like Lebron and Durant in the MVP race. Stop saying dumb shit like "Parker has been the best PG for years". Stop calling him the best at his position based on a month and a half long great run when the season is about 5 and a half months long. The same people like you annoying Spurs fans were nowhere to be found with this shit early in the season when he was playing like his tier 2 PG self.

BTW ironically Tony Parker had a 4 point game in a 22 point blowout to the Clippers just 2 months ago. I'm all for TP praise because he's been flat out amazing the last month and a half or two. Just stop acting like dude is the best player in the game or the best PG.

TMT
02-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Obviously you missed the intent so you're just flinging out random assumptions. My point was... if Spurs fans want more praise and notice.. along with that comes more criticism when your players get held to 38 percent shooting by defensively poor players and get outplayed by 6th men PG's like Jarrett Jack.

Stop idiotically placing Parker with people like Lebron and Durant in the MVP race. Stop saying dumb shit like "Parker has been the best PG for years". Stop calling him the best at his position based on a month and a half long great run when the season is about 5 and a half months long. The same people like you annoying Spurs fans were nowhere to be found with this shit early in the season when he was playing like his tier 2 PG self.

BTW ironically Tony Parker had a 4 point game in a 22 point blowout to the Clippers just 2 months ago. I'm all for TP praise because he's been flat out amazing the last month and a half or two. Just stop acting like dude is the best player in the game or the best PG.

It's ridiculous how mad you are the CP3 isn't getting the same praise. :roll:

They were on a back to back last night and were visibly tired on the 8th game of their Rodeo Road Trip. They still managed to take the game into overtime and almost win the game. If you looked around the web, it's not only Spurs fans giving TP the MVP recognition. He's getting it from analysts, journalists and NBA fans all over. He's second on NBA.com just behind Lebron James and rightfully so. I have personally said in many threads that he won't take the hardware home, and honestly I don't think the award means much to begin with. There's nothing wrong with giving the kid credit where credit is due, he's having arguably the best season of his career at 30 years old. But it's obvious you're more angry than trying to make a point and just making yourself look like the foolish troll that you are.

SCdac
02-23-2013, 05:44 PM

BTW ironically Tony Parker had a 4 point game in a 22 point blowout to the Clippers just 2 months ago.

LOL it's an 82 game season. Criticism over 1 back-to-back game is fine... but "should Tony Parker feel embarrassed?" :rolleyes:

The "hypocrisy" point you're desperately trying to make doesn't mask your extreme sensitivity over your team... at all. Have you ever thought your insecurity over Paul actually makes people take you less serious?

If this thread is not really even about Parker, but rather a point, why not just say that? explain what you're thinking. make a rational thread from the beginning with legitimate discussion.

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 05:50 PM
LOL it's an 82 game season. Criticism over 1 back-to-back game is fine... but "should Tony Parker feel embarrassed?" :rolleyes:

The "hypocrisy" point you're desperately trying to make doesn't mask your extreme sensitivity over your team... at all. Have you ever thought your insecurity over Paul actually makes people take you less serious?

If this thread is not really even about Parker, but rather a point, why not just say that? explain what you're thinking. make a rational thread from the beginning with legitimate discussion.

Go read my posts in the last two years and you'll see I actually admire the Spurs and have praised them a bunch of times. So you chalking this up to insecurity or jealousy is beyond stupid. I did explain in the first couple posts/responses what my point was. I should have made it more general to get my true motive across better than targeting a single player and I admit that.

I don't even have an issue with Tony Parker even and have always liked his game. Much how you guys all turned on Griffin when he hype became insane.. I feel the recent Parker hype is what's making me single him out. Talks of him being equal to Lebron in the MVP race, talks of him being the best PG in general etc.

SCdac
02-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Go read my posts in the last two years and you'll see I actually admire the Spurs and have praised them a bunch of times. So you chalking this up to insecurity or jealousy is beyond stupid. I did explain in the first couple posts/responses what my point was. I should have made it more general to get my true motive across better than targeting a single player and I admit that.

I don't even have an issue with Tony Parker even and have always liked his game. Much how you guys all turned on Griffin when he hype became insane.. I feel the recent Parker hype is what's making me single him out. Talks of him being equal to Lebron in the MVP race, talks of him being the best PG in general etc.

I got nothing against Griffin, outside of his increased flopping last season, and he's one of my favorite players. I saw him play live the first time he ever faced Tim Duncan and I was stoked (preseason game before BG missed the entire regular season)... None the less, don't let the hype for or against player/team X control you. Simple as that. Nothing and nobody is making you do anything.

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 06:11 PM
I got nothing against Griffin, outside of his increased flopping last season, and he's one of my favorite players. I saw him play live the first time he ever faced Tim Duncan and I was stoked (preseason game before BG missed the entire regular season)... None the less, don't let the hype for or against player/team X control you. Simple as that. Nothing and nobody is making you do anything.

I agree that nobody is making me do anything and I'm not trying to say YOU specifically turned on Griffin. I just think we need to all be made aware of this annoying trend on the forum where.. certain group of players have a subpar game and 5 threads talking about trading them, them leaving, amnestying them, them not being the best etc come up. Then other players or certain teams almost seem protected or off limits to ISHiots.

Also yes I'm fully aware that this thread is no different and contributes to the problem but maybe if we all discuss it like adults some small changes will happen.

TheMarkMadsen
02-23-2013, 06:36 PM
yes I'm fully aware that this thread is no different and contributes to the problem but maybe if we all discuss it like adults some small changes will happen.

So you're fully aware that threads like this do nothing but detract from actual adult like conversation but you go ahead and do it anyway and contriubute to the problem

And you're hoping that by doing this it will convince people to have more mature conversations/reactions..

Dat CF86 logic

Artillery
02-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Hey man have you seen Blake Griffin terrorizing the league lately cementing himself as the best big man in the game? What a 3 game stretch!

Blake Griffin - best defensive big in NBA :bowdown: (because CF86 says so)

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-23-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm not gonna get sucked into this mess, but I will say the overreactions from both sides are SILLY. Get a grip folks.

Brokenbeat
02-23-2013, 07:11 PM
He has a right tricep contusion. Sounds like he was injured, and he's not playing today either.

bdreason
02-23-2013, 07:16 PM
2nd game on back-to-back road games, and he still had 18/6/3/2.

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 07:19 PM
2nd game on back-to-back road games, and he still had 18/6/3/2.

He played just 29 minutes the night before... B2B is irrelevant. He got outplayed by Jarrett Jack. Nonetheless people are taking it too literal as I've specified already. I don't literally think Parker deserves criticism.. but was more using him as an example. If this game is still "good" to you.. we can talk about his 4 point game vs the Clippers or his 11 point game on 30 percent shooting against the Clippers this year. Or his back to back games vs OKC+Denver where he shot 36 percent combined and got locked up.

upside24
02-23-2013, 07:39 PM
No. All players have bad games.

Parker is having an amazing year and the Spurs look like title contenders and he is largely responsible for that.

brandonislegend
02-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Tony Parker (right triceps contusion) will not play against the Suns on Sunday.
He shot 7-of-18 against the Warriors on Friday, so perhaps this injury may have caused him to have the worst shooting performance since December 18

Posterized
02-23-2013, 08:09 PM
How exactly is a 5 time all-star, 3 time all-nba team, current top 3 mvp candidate a second tier player at his position?

knicksman
02-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Maybe if OP only has a little bit of IQ he would realize that spurs are on a back to back. But as expected, the one who talks the loudest also have the smallest brain.

jimmy77x
02-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Maybe if OP only has a little bit of IQ he would realize that spurs are on a back to back. But as expected, the one who talks the loudest also have the smallest dick.

:lol

Clippersfan86
02-23-2013, 08:52 PM
How exactly is a 5 time all-star, 3 time all-nba team, current top 3 mvp candidate a second tier player at his position?

For the last decade. I've always heard at least 3 other PG's over him. CP3, Rondo, D Will, Westbrook and Rose have been better in recent years. I say tier 2 because the gap between CP3 and let's say Tony Parker is pretty substantial in every year besides this one.