PDA

View Full Version : Mike Woodson is a joke

Teanett
02-23-2013, 09:25 AM
this guy has the reputation of a defensive coach, yet, the knick's defense consists of random mindless switching, most of the time ending up with a mismatch.

he says he cant fix the knick's slow starts; how about not starting one of the worst line ups the knicks have? he starts shumpert (who is not a good defender this year) at small forward. that's a mismatch right there from the get-go.

ronnie brewer, as bad as he shot the ball, was able to hold his ground against bigger guys. the knicks played their best ball with brewer in the starting line up, they were the best 1st quarter team with brewer starting.

the offense is a mess. there's no continuity.
there's some well executed plays followed by complete chaos. wtf???

additionally, all woodson does during games is to look befuddled and complain, contributing to an overall whiny culture.

please fire him and let jason kidd and prigioni be player-coaches for the rest of the season.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Is he still trying to have melo guard centers? :lol

Teanett
02-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Is he still trying to have melo guard centers? :lol

pretty much

RoundMoundOfReb
02-23-2013, 09:38 AM
pretty much
He's be so worn out by the playoffs.

Mr. Incredible
02-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Loved how Knicks fans overrated him from the start. Only reason they were winning games was bc they were shooting lights out in the beginning of the year

Teanett
02-23-2013, 09:43 AM
He's be so worn out by the playoffs.

he already is. they all are.

the knicks have regressed as a team but a big part of it is that opponents have adjusted to the knicks p'n'r game and woodson hasnt come up with an answer.

the result is more iso-melo, tired-melo and whiney-melo.

Haymaker
02-23-2013, 09:45 AM
He's a good coach. Knicks are just playing lazy D. They will pick up the rhythm in the final stretch of the season.

Blue&Orange
02-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Knicks 2 weeks ago were the second best defense in the league in the 4th quarter and were the 26th in the 1st quarter. Miami that everyone says it's coasting was 12th and 9th... what does that tell about Knicks lack of effort?

The problem is that they started to take it easy thanks to the hot start and now they are having trouble getting back to where they were.

On top of that, Knicks also started with a well balanced offense, even Brewer was getting shots, but with all the injuries, knicks were forced to play Melo ball, Melo shooting and everyone else watching, and now everyone is completely out of rhythm.

I've trouble blaming the coach when Melo effort on defense is laughable.

Teanett
02-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Knicks 2 weeks ago were the second best defense in the league in the 4th quarter and were the 26th in the 1st quarter. Miami that everyone says it's coasting was 12th and 9th... what does that tell about Knicks lack of effort?

The problem is that they started to take it easy thanks to the hot start and now they are having trouble getting back to where they were.

On top of that, Knicks also started with a well balanced offense, even Brewer was getting shots, but with all the injuries, knicks were forced to play Melo ball, Melo shooting and everyone else watching, and now everyone is completely out of rhythm.

I've trouble blaming the coach when Melo effort on defense is laughable.

there's no well balanced offense anymore because opposing teams do not send help when felton gets around the pick.
there's no more alley oops or open threes. woodson hasnt coutered that.

and do you have any logical explanation why he starts shump at small forward?

andremiller07
02-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Wtf is up with Jason Kidd, he looks petrified to shoot the ball and the Knicks are basically playing 3/4 on 5 on offense when thats the case.

Teanett
02-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Wtf is up with Jason Kidd, he looks petrified to shoot the ball and the Knicks are basically played 3/4 on 5 on offense when thats the case.

woodson's playing him too many minutes.

Big Cheese
02-23-2013, 11:41 AM
:lol i warned knick fans about him.

kaiteng
02-23-2013, 11:44 AM
He's a good coach. Knicks are just playing lazy D. They will pick up the rhythm in the final stretch of the season.
This. Basically, Raptors just played a bit better D than the Knicks last night.

LikeABosh
02-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Knicks are an old ass team who wouldn't miss threes in the first couple months of the season. They're being worn out. Gonna be funny to see them lose in the 1st round again :lol

Artillery
02-23-2013, 12:09 PM
If KMart isn't washed up, I'd try putting him at the PF spot and move Carmelo back to SF.

Knicksfever2010
02-23-2013, 12:16 PM
If KMart isn't washed up, I'd try putting him at the PF spot and move Carmelo back to SF.

Why would woodson do that?? He loves the mismatch he creates w/ melo at the 4, THE PROBLEM IS, that there is even a BIGGER mismatch when melo is forced to play the other teams bruising power forwards. Maybe we can bring in SVG

chips93
02-23-2013, 12:24 PM
this guy has the reputation of a defensive coach, yet, the knick's defense consists of random mindless switching, most of the time ending up with a mismatch.

they have been doing this for years. people used to complain about david lee switching too much, same for melo, and amare. at some point you have to look at the players, and realise that they are the opnly constant.

you have changed coaches, and the problem persists? its likely the players' fault.

:biggums:

they are third in the league in offense, their defense is the problem, and they happen to play a lot of old guys, and a lot of habitually bad defenders.

Rameek
02-23-2013, 12:24 PM
there's no well balanced offense anymore because opposing teams do not send help when felton gets around the pick.
there's no more alley oops or open threes. woodson hasnt coutered that.

and do you have any logical explanation why he starts shump at small forward?

All you have to do is play Melo one on one and stop everyone else from scoring really there isnt any reason to double team. Once Melo gets in the post they collapse but no one else can make them pay for it. So your right Woody isnt a great coach never was in general. The issue isnt totally on Woody its the roster architect who should take a greater percentage of the blame. Which leads me to my next point.

Obviously you are completely unaware the Knicks have 2 viable options at PF Melo, Stat and 1 Center Chandler (Kurt Thomas cant move!).

So can you figure out a way to start another player at SF? PF? have a decent 2nd unit? So that would mean starting either White or Copeland.

Whoah10115
02-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Wtf is up with Jason Kidd, he looks petrified to shoot the ball and the Knicks are basically playing 3/4 on 5 on offense when thats the case.

It's because he's not a SG and his leadership is marginalized when he's afraid to play. He was never a great shooter and being used as a spot-up shooter is stupid. I'd rather see him play off the bench than see him play SG. It's beyond idiotic.

Amare has to get in the starting lineup already and that is that. Get him in there and push Melo to the 3. Then let's see how the rest of the season goes. I'd rather Kidd start at PG but, with Iman taking on a role as the season goes on...but I know he's not there yet. Hell, I'd rather see Smith start for a while. See if the free reign to be stuipd that comes with playing off the bench decreases some of the stupid.

But get Amare in and stop playing Kidd at the 2...period, the end.

Teanett
02-23-2013, 12:51 PM
So can you figure out a way to start another player at SF? PF? have a decent 2nd unit? So that would mean starting either White or Copeland.

he isnt playing either of them so why not start white or copeland at the 3?
shumpert isnt giving you anything on offense or defense at the 3.
start jr at 3. move shump or kidd to the bench, whatever...

but starting a 6'5'' acl-surgery-returnee at small forward to go up against rudy gay, paul george, paul pierce, luol deng etc. is beyond stupid.

Teanett
02-23-2013, 01:01 PM
they have been doing this for years. people used to complain about david lee switching too much, same for melo, and amare. at some point you have to look at the players, and realise that they are the opnly constant.

you have changed coaches, and the problem persists? its likely the players' fault.

:biggums:

they are third in the league in offense, their defense is the problem, and they happen to play a lot of old guys, and a lot of habitually bad defenders.

woodson has been the defensive coach under d'antoni too.
landry fields was also constantly switching last year, did he switch off melo last night? hardly.

isn't it the coach's job to fix "bad habits"?
they've been playing the same way for the last years; switching like b!tches.

Shepseskaf
02-23-2013, 01:26 PM
How many threads have you polluted with the same garbage? We need to fire you as an ISH poster.

You've been launching nonsensical attacks on Woodson for a long time. What's the real problem that you have with him?

Teanett
02-23-2013, 02:00 PM
How many threads have you polluted with the same garbage? We need to fire you as an ISH poster.

You've been launching nonsensical attacks on Woodson for a long time. What's the real problem that you have with him?

it's called an opinion.
if you have an explanation for the knicks defensive strategy, share it.
if you want to defend mike woodson and his style of coaching and basketball, please do so.

tontoz
02-23-2013, 04:34 PM

He did the exact same thing the whole time he was coaching the Hawks. Don't hold your breath waiting for him to change. When the opposing team was taking advantage of his switching he would never adjust.

cotdt
02-23-2013, 04:50 PM
I bet you Knicks fans would rather have D'Antoni back at this point

Heavincent
02-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Knicks have been extremely mediocre since the end of December. I actually don't mind seeing the Knicks do well, but they're probably a second round exit. Their second scoring option (JR Smith) is mentally unstable and erratic and their role players are old as dirt.

I don't think the coach is to blame. They've just come back down to earth after the hot start.

iDunk
02-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Meh, Mavs lost 9 of 11 during their championship season I'm not even close to worried.

Shepseskaf
02-23-2013, 06:46 PM
I bet you Knicks fans would rather have D'Antoni back at this point
:roll: You must be kidding.

You're stuck with him, LA. We don't want him back.

Shepseskaf
02-23-2013, 06:56 PM
it's called an opinion.
if you have an explanation for the knicks defensive strategy, share it.
if you want to defend mike woodson and his style of coaching and basketball, please do so.
There's nothing to "defend". Do you think that perhaps the Knicks defensive slump has a bit more to do with injuries and the age of the roster? I do.

What you're doing is trying to put all of the team's problems on the coach, which is ridiculous.

The fact that this is some kind of vendetta is shown by your thread title. Woodson is obviously not a "joke". That would be a better description for you.

His team is 32-20, in 1st place in the Atlantic, and 3rd place in the EC. If Woodson is a "joke" what does that make all of the other coaches with worse records?

Seriously, you need to start thinking before you post. I have no problem with you expressing your opinion about Woodson's coaching deficiencies (as you see them), but leave the personal attacks alone.

francesco totti
02-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Meh, Mavs lost 9 of 11 during their championship season I'm not even close to worried.

I believe dirk nowitzki had injury, and missed games the period u talk about

Hotlantadude81
02-24-2013, 01:11 AM

he says he cant fix the knick's slow starts; how about not starting one of the worst line ups the knicks have? he starts shumpert (who is not a good defender this year) at small forward. that's a mismatch right there from the get-go.

ronnie brewer, as bad as he shot the ball, was able to hold his ground against bigger guys. the knicks played their best ball with brewer in the starting line up, they were the best 1st quarter team with brewer starting.

additionally, all woodson does during games is to look befuddled and complain, contributing to an overall whiny culture.

please fire him and let jason kidd and prigioni be player-coaches for the rest of the season.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lximjexV0G1qkct0to1_500.jpg

Jax
02-24-2013, 02:35 AM
Knicks lose control when they're losing...including the coach. They start getting T'd up and shit.

Teanett
02-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Knicks lose control when they're losing...including the coach. They start getting T'd up and shit.

they act like spoiled brats cause the coach lets them.

Teanett
02-24-2013, 09:11 AM
There's nothing to "defend". Do you think that perhaps the Knicks defensive slump has a bit more to do with injuries and the age of the roster? I do.

What you're doing is trying to put all of the team's problems on the coach, which is ridiculous.

The fact that this is some kind of vendetta is shown by your thread title. Woodson is obviously not a "joke". That would be a better description for you.

His team is 32-20, in 1st place in the Atlantic, and 3rd place in the EC. If Woodson is a "joke" what does that make all of the other coaches with worse records?

Seriously, you need to start thinking before you post. I have no problem with you expressing your opinion about Woodson's coaching deficiencies (as you see them), but leave the personal attacks alone.

well, part of the poblem is that woodson neither gives you a hint on what he wants to accomplish nor can one see what the team's trying to do.
he talks endless coach gibber about "accountability" and everything being a "big piece of the puzzle".
the offense is almost the same as d'antoni's plus iso-melo and never does he talk about defensive schemes because his random switching is fukking retarded.

all he does is get the team to play hard. but now that's gone.
melo didnt play hard for d'antoni and only does under woodson as he sees fit.
woodson is melo's puppet.

therefor: he's a joke.

there, i did it again. deal with it. har har.

TheTruth#34
02-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Knicks are an old ass team who wouldn't miss threes in the first couple months of the season. They're being worn out. Gonna be funny to see them lose in the 1st round again :lol

Yep. Would love to bounce them in the first round

ZenMaster
02-24-2013, 12:22 PM
well, part of the poblem is that woodson neither gives you a hint on what he wants to accomplish nor can one see what the team's trying to do.
he talks endless coach gibber about "accountability" and everything being a "big piece of the puzzle".
the offense is almost the same as d'antoni's plus iso-melo and never does he talk about defensive schemes because his random switching is fukking retarded.

Yes it's D'Antonis and Woodsons fault that Melo doesn't play hard, nothing to do with Melo himself :rolleyes:

What do you expect a coach to do? D'Antoni tried to trade Melo but instead ending up leaving himself..

And they switch screens probably because the players being in help position are horrible help defenders, see Melo and Amare leading the way in this..

Shepseskaf
02-24-2013, 01:43 PM

:facepalm

Where's that thread showing the stupidest posts on ISH? This one is a prime candidate.

1. Because Woodson talks in "coach-speak" and doesn't explicitly spell out his offensive and defensive plans to your satisfaction, this somehow makes him a "joke"? I'll be sure to get in contact with Mike, so he can log into ISH and tell us every single one of his plays and future plans. Would that be enough?

2.What evidence can you point to that indicates Woodson is Melo's "puppet"? Sounds like an unjustified smear to me. Good thing you don't work for a newspaper, you'd be getting sued about now.

3. Every team hits a slump during the season. Miami had one, so did OKC. So, because the Knicks aren't operating at 100% for the entire season, it makes Woodson a "joke"??

4. Again, I'll remind you that the Knicks have the 3rd best record in the entire conference. If they were bottom feeders, I could accept some of your points, but to level them at one of the top EC teams makes zero sense.

Your Woodson obsession is both funny and sad. What you have against him, I have no clue but nothing you've posted even comes close to showing that he's a "joke".

The only joke in this thread is you.

Teanett
02-24-2013, 02:18 PM

Where's that thread showing the stupidest posts on ISH? This one is a prime candidate.

1. Because Woodson talks in "coach-speak" and doesn't explicitly spell out his offensive and defensive plans to your satisfaction, this somehow makes him a "joke"? I'll be sure to get in contact with Mike, so he can log into ISH and tell us every single one of his plays and future plans. Would that be enough?

2.What evidence can you point to that indicates Woodson is Melo's "puppet"? Sounds like an unjustified smear to me. Good thing you don't work for a newspaper, you'd be getting sued about now.

3. Every team hits a slump during the season. Miami had one, so did OKC. So, because the Knicks aren't operating at 100% for the entire season, it makes Woodson a "joke"??

4. Again, I'll remind you that the Knicks have the 3rd best record in the entire conference. If they were bottom feeders, I could accept some of your points, but to level them at one of the top EC teams makes zero sense.

Your Woodson obsession is both funny and sad. What you have against him, I have no clue but nothing you've posted even comes close to showing that he's a "joke".

The only joke in this thread is you.

you can rant about me all you want but you still havent come up with one single point to validate iman shumpert starting at small forward.

does this make any sense to you? does the constant switching make any sense to you? if yes, please elaborate instead of trying to tell me i'm obsessed with woodson.

you are not giving a single fukking point on matchups woodson might want to exploit or plays he likes to run, adjustments he made especially to our p+r plays (because there arent any).

dont give me this knicks are 3rd best in the east bullshit when they've a .500 the last two months, playing bad basketball with re-ocurring bad habits.

and they're not hurt. they're missing two old farts who were good for 15 minutes combined. the celtics are hurt but they have a really good coach.

Shepseskaf
02-24-2013, 02:28 PM
dont give me this knicks are 3rd best in the east bullshit when they've a .500 the last two months, playing bad basketball with re-ocurring bad habits.
:roll: Too bad for you that they actually DO have the third best record in the East. You can't just dismiss it as though they're last in the conference.

As a famous coach once said: "You are what your record is".

As for your other stupid "points", I'm not going to discuss every nuance of Woodson's rotations and schemes with a troll like you. I have confidence that Mike will get things worked out by the playoffs.

Lots of coaches don't show their full hand until the playoffs, something that Doc Rivers regularly does.

Teanett
02-24-2013, 02:39 PM

remember the honey nut cheerio game?
kg clearly got under melo's skin, and melo was out of control and lost that game.
so with a lot of time left in the 4th, why doesnt woodson pull him out of the game to cool him down, like every coach would?

and then there's the "contusion" game before the all-star break with melo missing layups and shit, going 5-25.

melo does whatever he wants and woodson will do nothing about it.

Teanett
02-24-2013, 02:40 PM
:
As for your other stupid "points", I'm not going to discuss every nuance of Woodson's rotations and schemes with a troll like you.

i know, because you cant.

Shepseskaf
02-24-2013, 02:43 PM
i know, because you cant.
Because I won't.

Why don't you wait until playoff time to see what adjustments are made before getting your panties all in a bunch?

Teanett
02-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Because I won't.

Why don't you wait until playoff time to see what adjustments are made before getting your panties all in a bunch?

oh yeah!
like mike woodson was not a terrible playoff coach with the hawks, when he invented "iso-joe".

Shepseskaf
02-24-2013, 02:59 PM
oh yeah!
like mike woodson was not a terrible playoff coach with the hawks, when he invented "iso-joe".

So what? That was years ago. Coaches grow in experience and develop just like players do.

Doc Rivers got fired in Orlando after a 1-10 start. I guess that means he never should have been given another chance, according to your "rules".

Teanett
02-24-2013, 03:16 PM
So what? That was years ago. Coaches grow in experience and develop just like players do.

grow in experience in the 5 playoff games since?
and atlanta was only three years ago and according to hawks fans, they were switching like bitches on d back then too.

Y2Gezee
02-24-2013, 03:21 PM
It's a problem on both ends recently. But it has nothing to do with Melo playing the 4 or Shump playing the 3. Right now Shump's lateral quickness isn't there to shutdown pgs or some sgs. And SFs haven't been lighting the Knicks up, nor have PFs...if anything Carmelo has been their most consistent defender. But their guards are absolutely getting torched, by starting backcourts and their backups.

Team's are scoring so easily against them, and their jumpshots aren't falling when needed....so in order to try to keep up there has been a lot of one on one play.

Guards are torching them on pick and rolls, taking advantage of the switches, and getting out in transition...I'd say the best move would be to sub Kidd out for JR Smith and add some more athleticism....even though Kidd played well vs Toronto Friday.

fsvr54
02-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Every Hawks fan already knew this.

Teanett
02-24-2013, 03:48 PM
there should to be a distinction between between a defensive minded coach or a coach that stresses controled offense at a slower pace, like i think mike woodson is. (may i call him a poor man's version of larry brown?) it limits turnovers and possesions for the opponent but it's not a defensive strategy per say.

i think rick carlisle is a fantastic defensive coach although his dallas teams are more known for their scoring. what he comes up with even with their limited defensive personnel now is good, innovative stuff.
the use of the zone in '11 was genius.

Y2Gezee
02-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Gotta say. With how this team played defense last year with worse personnel. And with the personnel added this offseason...I never thought defense would be a problem with this team. If they don't figure it out by season's end, it could be a fire-able issue.

Teanett
03-03-2013, 07:51 PM
so yeah...

let jr go 5-18 and let amar'e sit after scoring 12 points on 7 shots in 21 minutes :facepalm

it's like last year's playoffs all over again.

fukker!

Teanett
11-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Bump!

STATUTORY
11-30-2013, 12:30 PM
he did the samething again last game, pulls Hardaway and puts in JR to chuck with impunity. I for the life of me cannot understand Dolan, Woodson, and certain segment of knicks fan's love affair with JR "two roster spots" Smith.

Not to mention the last play, we are DOWN and this mofo lets Melo dribbles the clock out for 19 seconds before taking a contested turnaround jumper. it was like we were tied and it was the go ahead basket or something

miggyme1
11-30-2013, 01:07 PM

They lost in the first round last year?????? Smh.....

Teanett
11-30-2013, 01:18 PM
They lost in the first round last year?????? Smh.....

he's referring to them losing in the 1st round in 2012.
the comment is from before last years playoffs. that's how long woodson's been farting around, cluelessly waiting for jr to get hot.

STATUTORY
11-30-2013, 01:31 PM
but the issue is Melo is uncoachable, and Dolan will keep stroking his ego. So no chance of hiring a real coach that will hold Melo accountable. Dantoni tried to do that and he was fired

westside_baller
11-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Caramel is a damn twinkie. He's getting exactly what he asked for.

Meticode
11-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Mike Woodson for Mike Brown, straight up? Want to try it?

FreezingTsmoove
11-30-2013, 02:12 PM
but the issue is Melo is uncoachable, and Dolan will keep stroking his ego. So no chance of hiring a real coach that will hold Melo accountable. Dantoni tried to do that and he was fired

Lol this Dantoni wasnt going to let Melo pull any of his dumb shenanigans and managed to put together two impressive teams by NY standards. Linsanity team and pre Melo knicks

Teanett
11-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Mike Woodson for Mike Brown, straight up? Want to try it?

hell yeah. he would force melo tp play princeton offense. :oldlol:

Meticode
11-30-2013, 08:02 PM
hell yeah. he would force melo tp play princeton offense. :oldlol:
:lol

Teanett
12-02-2013, 06:27 AM
bump!!!!

Sgt. Brody
12-02-2013, 09:38 AM
bump!!!!

How many more threads regarding Wodsoon will you bump? That said, you hit the nail on the head. He has to go.

dgaras
12-02-2013, 10:17 AM

Doc Rivers got fired in Orlando after a 1-10 start. I guess that means he never should have been given another chance, according to your "rules".

lol any REAL knick fan knew that melo was bad news and woodson is one of the worst. not many real knick fans around.

Done_And_Done
12-02-2013, 11:09 AM
I'll be the first to agree that Woodson has proven himself to be incapable of heading this team at this time but much of the Knicks woes this year stems from the complete over-estimation of their roster talent, prior to the seasons commencement.

With that said, this crop of players should not have only amassed 3 wins by the beginning of December, regardless of who's coaching them.

Chrono90
12-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Anyone knows why World Peace is sitting on his butt most of the game?

Eric Cartman
12-02-2013, 12:00 PM
At least he is a funny joke.

atljonesbro
12-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Do all Knicks fans really think it's 100% Woodson's fault and their whole roster has ZERO blame?

niko
12-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Do all Knicks fans really think it's 100% Woodson's fault and their whole roster has ZERO blame?
No, but how does one switch the whole roster in a way that doesn't destroy the team for years to come in mid season? It's like the Net fans with Kidd, you can't make KG younger, Deron care, so maybe another coach could. It's not the same but that's the reason why, the coach can go easier than the team.

I don't hate Woodson as a coach but his rotations have gotten horrible and really random. He's married to playing big with Melo/Kmart/Bargs even though we lose every time we start them. Play small, force the tempo for now.

Eric Cartman
12-02-2013, 12:21 PM
New York Knicks Blame Rankings:

1. Carmelo Anthony - No other superstar would have his team in this position, regardless of the talent around him.

2. Mike Woodson - Guy clearly doesn't know what he is doing out there and frankly it is embarrassing to anyone that enjoys basketball.

Honorable mention: Tyson Chandler's injury - Dude is the backbone of a terrible defense. Without him they are blasphemous.

hawkfan
12-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Anyone knows why World Peace is sitting on his butt most of the game?

He needs to retire.

niko
12-02-2013, 01:09 PM
If they lose Thursday he'll be fired a few days later. Regardless if they start winning.

hawkfan
12-02-2013, 01:18 PM
No, but how does one switch the whole roster in a way that doesn't destroy the team for years to come in mid season? It's like the Net fans with Kidd, you can't make KG younger, Deron care, so maybe another coach could. It's not the same but that's the reason why, the coach can go easier than the team.

I don't hate Woodson as a coach but his rotations have gotten horrible and really random. He's married to playing big with Melo/Kmart/Bargs even though we lose every time we start them. Play small, force the tempo for now.

hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Nets get

Rudy Gay

Raptors get

Paul Pierce (expirer)

The Raptors get rid of Gay's contract, buy out Pierce (so he can go to the Clippers and join Doc Rivers).

The Nets get a younger wing in Gay.

Kings get

Kevin Garnett

Nets get

Marcus Thornton
Jimmer Fredette (expirer)

The Nets get another young wing in Thornton, and see if they can get something about Fredette.

The Kings get Garnett, buy him out, and then Garnett goes to Minnesota to finish out his career.

Nets then have:

PG: Williams, Terry, Fredette
SG: Johnson, Thornton
SF: Gay, Anderson
PF: Blatche, Evans
C: Lopez, Plumlee

A far younger, more athletic team.

niko
12-02-2013, 01:45 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Nets get

Rudy Gay

Raptors get

Paul Pierce (expirer)

The Raptors get rid of Gay's contract, buy out Pierce (so he can go to the Clippers and join Doc Rivers).

The Nets get a younger wing in Gay.

Kings get

Kevin Garnett

Nets get

Marcus Thornton
Jimmer Fredette (expirer)

The Nets get another young wing in Thornton, and see if they can get something about Fredette.

The Kings get Garnett, buy him out, and then Garnett goes to Minnesota to finish out his career.

Nets then have:

PG: Williams, Terry, Fredette
SG: Johnson, Thornton
SF: Gay, Anderson
PF: Blatche, Evans
C: Lopez, Plumlee

A far younger, more athletic team.
That's not a title winning team. That's a mess. With long term salary. Why do the Kings throw in Fredette to help the Nets dump Garnett?

hawkfan
12-02-2013, 01:59 PM
That's not a title winning team. That's a mess. With long term salary. Why do the Kings throw in Fredette to help the Nets dump Garnett?

If both Pierce and Garnett retire after this season (which is not out of the question because of health reasons), then they will have to get players on minimum deals.

Pierce and Garnett don't have good trade value at this point.

niko
12-02-2013, 02:01 PM
If both Pierce and Garnett retire after this season (which is not out of the question because of health reasons), then they will have to get players on minimum deals.

Pierce and Garnett don't have good trade value at this point.
The problem is King sold Prokorov on these guys and traded their drafts till 2018. If you flip them already to make a team that's also easy to see it's not a contender, he might get fired. I don't see the Celtic fire sale happening.

hawkfan
12-02-2013, 02:04 PM
The problem is King sold Prokorov on these guys and traded their drafts till 2018. If you flip them already to make a team that's also easy to see it's not a contender, he might get fired. I don't see the Celtic fire sale happening.

Maybe.
Gay is still a high level scorer. And Johnson will start to decline next year.
Thornton is young and athletic. Pierce is old and getting older.
Fredette - who knows. He might be out of the league next year, but it's worth a flyer for the Nets to add a young piece to the rotation. It worked with Blatche.

Teanett
12-02-2013, 02:55 PM
this from purch from another thread. it sums up pretty much everything that's wrong with woodson from an unbiased non-knick fan perspective.

Even though I'm a Jazz fan, my college gets Msg on it's tv's, so I get plenty of chances to watch the knicks, including last night.

If I had to compile a list of my biggest issues with Woody it would be this.

1. He has an unexplainable trust of Jr smith in every situation, even when he's contributing nothing. Take for instance last night , they needed defensive stops down the strech, yet they had Jr on the court rather than Iman their best defender. Also, in their previous game they were horrid shooting the ball, but Tim Hardaway came in an provided a spark, and they went on a run. Woodsen decided at that point it was smart to take him out for Jr.

2. His defense of the pick and roll annoys me as a basketball fan. His strategy is to have his team switch every single pick and roll. When you employ such a predictable defensive scheme, its easy for the offense to get a mismatch on nearly every possesion. The extreme of this can really be seen when they played the Spurs, because the Spurs really exposed all their defensive issues.

3. His offense. I remember I was telling knicks fans not to get to comfortable with Woodsen as a coach, because he's an average coach at best. The reason I used to say that was because I remembered how Iso orientated his Atlanta teams always were, and how quickly that got exposed in the playoffs. Honestly when I see this Knicks team without Kidd, I basically see his old Atlanta team centered around Melo and Jr, rather than Joe Johnson and Crawford.

4. I also get the sense that everyone on that team is on a shorter leash than Melo, Felton and Jr, who in all honesty, have gotten away with Murder in some of the games I've watched.

the last point is very disturbing.

Teanett
01-23-2014, 10:46 AM
bump!

they won 54 games last year and i was already ranting about switching back then.

i told y'all!

GoranDragon
01-23-2014, 10:47 AM
Can't blame him soely, just look at what he has to deal with...

JR Smith, Melo, Amare...that'll give any coach a good long headache.

Teanett
01-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Can't blame him soely, just look at what he has to deal with...

JR Smith, Melo, Amare...that'll give any coach a good long headache.

amar'e has been a bright spot.
as for the other two, sure, they're knuckleheads but there's an easy solution to get to them: sit their asses down. melo leads the league in minutes, jr gets away with murder and felton... omg!

GoranDragon
01-23-2014, 10:55 AM
amar'e has been a bright spot.
as for the other two, sure, they're knuckleheads but there's an easy solution to get to them: sit their asses down. melo leads the league in minutes, jr gets away with murder and felton... omg!
Melo just would not try and fit himself into a system. It's all ISO ball for him, same problem with Joe Johnson. If he's on, he's gonna go crazy, but an off night often means a loss for the Knicks.

Teanett
01-23-2014, 03:45 PM
just listening to woodson's interview on steven a smith. :rolleyes:

...well again, at the end of the day, he's still a dumbass and that's the bottom line.

Teanett
01-25-2014, 12:58 PM
so with bargnani out, we see what happens.

play small, woodson. melo might be the best 4 in the game.