Where you at Silkk???

Some where Bealing with it I hope.

repped

noob cake
02-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Waiters will be better

Sheed
02-23-2013, 10:49 PM
If Beal keeps playing the way he does... Rookie of the Year.

Ok maybe not, but damn he's good.

dbk123
02-23-2013, 10:59 PM
lol at calling out silkk instead of pleezebelive

Clyde
02-23-2013, 11:01 PM
lol at calling out silkk instead of pleezebelive

I dont post much on the site but Im on here everyday. Whats the deal, does he have 2 profile names or something?

TylerOO
02-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Beal. I swear I see this thread every week. Waiters will finally have a game of shooting 45%+ and like 16 points and people think hes great. Beal is and will be the better player

ralph_i_el
02-23-2013, 11:52 PM
B3AL

He looks like just what the wizards needed out of this year's draft pick. He's ultra-competitive and can shoot/score. Maybe Ernie G finally made a call he can hang his hat on.

RRR3
02-23-2013, 11:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fy9hI.gif%20

tontoz
02-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Over his last 5 games Beal is averaging

20 pts (shooting 47%, 48% from 3)
5 rebounds
3 assists

On his way to another EC Rookie of the Month award.

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Beal. I swear I see this thread every week. Waiters will finally have a game of shooting 45%+ and like 16 points and people think hes great. Beal is and will be the better player

Uhhh...

Waiters is averaging 13.3 points on 48.2% shooting, 4 assists, 3 rebounds, 1.2 steals in his last 10 games.

Beal is averaging 14 points on 43.5% shooting, 2 assists, 3 rebounds and 0.7 steals in his last 10 games.

On the season, Waiters is averaging 14.1 points on 40% shooting, 3 assists, 3 rebounds and 1.1 steals

Beal is averaging 13.7 points on 40% shooting, 2.5 assists, 3 rebounds and 0.9 steals

Their numbers are pretty even, though Waiters has recently become much more efficient. Anyway, the numbers certainly don't back up your post.

I doubt you've seen enough of either guy to make an argument either way.

coin24
02-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Beal>>>>>waiters

Shows how much of a fu*king retard pleezebelieve is.
He predicted Kyrie as a bust, and waiters as second coming of dwade:roll: :roll:

upside24
02-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Havn't seen much of Beal lately. Most of the Wizards games I've seen were earlier in the year without Wall and Beal played pretty poorly. I have seen the statlines and some highlights recently but personally I like Waiters.

Kyrie/Waiters will be a better backcourt than Wall/Beal IMO.

brandonislegend
02-24-2013, 06:19 PM
I like Beal more but Waiters will be good too.

rknine15
02-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Beal>>>>>waiters

Shows how much of a fu*king retard pleezebelieve is.
He predicted Kyrie as a bust, and waiters as second coming of dwade:roll: :roll:
This. the guy is a joke poster

tontoz
02-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Uhhh...

Waiters is averaging 13.3 points on 48.2% shooting, 4 assists, 3 rebounds, 1.2 steals in his last 10 games.

Beal is averaging 14 points on 43.5% shooting, 2 assists, 3 rebounds and 0.7 steals in his last 10 games.

Those 10 games include several games that Beal played with an injured shooting hand. he tried to play through the injury, then took 5 games off, and came back with a 1-5 outing his first game back in limited minutes.

Beal is shooting 49% from 3 in 2013.

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Those 10 games include several games that Beal played with an injured shooting hand. he tried to play through the injury, then took 5 games off, and came back with a 1-5 outing his first game back in limited minutes.

Beal is shooting 49% from 3 in 2013.
He should be shooting a high percentage from deep, because he has a great jumper. I'm not surprised that he has turned it on.

I'm mainly responding to these people who seem to think Waiters is a bum who will never amount to anything. Fact is, he has also turned it on in the last couple months.

He's shooting from 44% from the floor in 2013 and 49% in February. The guy can play and I will just go ahead and assume those who say otherwise just haven't seen him play much recently.

Against the Heat tonight, he 12 points on 5-8 shooting and 2 assists in the first half.

Would it be possible that both these guys end up being good players? Or, are some so invested in this dumb p!ssing contest that it isn't even a consideration?

PrettyCool
02-24-2013, 08:30 PM

Well I guess Waiters should be getting a lot more love by your logic. Dudes been shooting over 50% more times than not over the last month while averaging 14 ppg.

They're both going to be great sg's in this league, and despite being similar sized they have drastically different games. other than their play styles, the only thing that separates the two overall as prospects is that Beal is 2 years younger. Both were great picks when you factor out Drummond.

tontoz
02-24-2013, 08:35 PM
He should be shooting a high percentage from deep, because he has a great jumper. I'm not surprised that he has turned it on.

I'm mainly responding to these people who seem to think Waiters is a bum who will never amount to anything. Fact is, he has also turned it on in the last couple months.

He's shooting from 44% from the floor in 2013 and 49% in February. The guy can play and I will just go ahead and assume those who say otherwise just haven't seen him play much recently.

Against the Heat tonight, he 12 points on 5-8 shooting and 2 assists in the first half.

Would it be possible that both these guys end up being good players? Or, are some so invested in this dumb p!ssing contest that it isn't even a consideration?

I don't see Wiz fans constantly talking down waiters. However i do see cavs homers talking down Beal. It seems to be a recurring theme, and as a Wizards fan it is all too common to see our players get dissed.

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=271257

DukeDelonte13
02-24-2013, 08:37 PM
their numbers are more or less equal this season.

But let's face it, one player can get to the rim, and one can't.

Waiters potential >>>>>> Beal.

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2013, 08:39 PM
I don't see Wiz fans constantly talking down waiters. However i do see cavs homers talking down Beal. It seems to be a recurring theme, and as a Wizards fan it is all too common to see our players get dissed.

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=271257
Isn't rknine a Wiz fan?

Btw, PB does it for attention. You shouldn't be taking anything he says seriously, let alone ascribing it to "Cavs fans." Just trying to get under people's skin.

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Dion with 26 points against the Heat tonight on 11-17 shooting, along with 3 assists. He was dominating at key points offensively. In fact, Wade was getting help and they still weren't having success in stopping him.

He needs to start getting the credit he deserves. Guy is looking legit.

AlonzoGOAT
02-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Dion with 26 points against the Heat tonight on 11-17 shooting, along with 3 assists. He was dominating at key points offensively.

He needs to start getting the credit he deserves. Guy is looking legit.
Gotta admit I didn't see such a game from him coming against the heat. He was a beast :bowdown: Nice rookie you got there and the whole young team really and props to the bet cj miles too :applause:

SilkkTheShocker
02-24-2013, 09:51 PM

This. Give me the guy that can take it the rim. Beal won't just all of sudden get a 1st step like Waiters.

Jailblazers7
02-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Waiters could end up with the individual edge at the end of their careers but Id still rather have Beal if I were a Cavs fan. I think his more traditional style from the wing would be a better compliment to Kyrie.

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Waiters could end up with the individual edge at the end of their careers but Id still rather have Beal if I were a Cavs fan. I think his more traditional style from the wing would be a better compliment to Kyrie.
I love the way they work together, personally. It is a luxury to have your two best players be able to initiate an offense and create shots for others and themselves.

For instance, the Heat put their emphasis on slowing down Kyrie's penetration, but that totally opened up the floor for Dion. By the time they were forced to adjust, Dion was in a zone, had his rhythm going and was scoring anyway. And, then the adjustment opened things back up for Kyrie.

Also, Kyrie is such a great spot-up shooter, he can easily fit in well in offensive sets that don't use him as the primary ball-handler. He also works really well off the ball.

PleezeBelieve
02-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Dion has the best instincts on the team. He knows what he wants to do everytime he has the ball in his hands. He passes well. Plays with patience. Pushes the ball forward consistently.

I'm trying to figure out who he reminds me of and nothing connects. Maybe a better penetrating Joe Dumars??

ralph_i_el
02-25-2013, 01:03 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: confirmed that you've never seen him play. Beal is reckless going to the rim.

waiters shooting sub 50% at the rim :roll:

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 09:31 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: confirmed that you've never seen him play. Beal is reckless going to the rim.

waiters shooting sub 50% at the rim :roll:
Haven't seen enough of Beal to make a direct comparison, but Dion is REALLY good at attacking the rim. Especially in the last couple months, as he has figured out how to finish among the trees in the NBA. His lethal first step has always been there. He has the body to absorb contact and finish. I sense there are a lot of people who haven't watched him lately.

Dion Waiters vs Heat (Full Highlights) [24.02.2013] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg-MWDad_zc)

Btw, Dion is shooting 51% from the field in his last 10 games.

veilside23
02-25-2013, 09:42 PM
beal

Jailblazers7
02-25-2013, 09:50 PM
I love the way they work together, personally. It is a luxury to have your two best players be able to initiate an offense and create shots for others and themselves.

For instance, the Heat put their emphasis on slowing down Kyrie's penetration, but that totally opened up the floor for Dion. By the time they were forced to adjust, Dion was in a zone, had his rhythm going and was scoring anyway. And, then the adjustment opened things back up for Kyrie.

Also, Kyrie is such a great spot-up shooter, he can easily fit in well in offensive sets that don't use him as the primary ball-handler. He also works really well off the ball.

That is a luxury, no doubt, but I just think the Beal/Kyrie duo would be a better fit extended into the future. I haven't gotten to watch a lot of the Cavs so you've got a better feel for it than I do just basing it mostly off play styles.

brandonislegend
02-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Beal is really good, and don't sleep on him attacking the basket, just because he has perfect form on his jumper doesn't mean he just shoots jumpers, he attacks the rim as well.

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 10:05 PM
Sick move against the Heat last night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQlI_VXZkIw

Clyde
02-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Watch a few more Wizard games, you'll be a Beal-iver. Sorry I had to say it. Lol

red1
02-25-2013, 10:14 PM
beal is killing us tonight

Clifton
02-25-2013, 10:17 PM
Waiter is usually described to me as a future poor man's Dwyane Wade. It's pretty hard for me to get excited about a guy like that. The only real way you can have Dwyane Wade's game is if you're an offensive cornerstone for a team. Is Waiters good enough to be that some day? If not, it's tough to see how he'll fit into a championship team's dynamic other than as some kind of sixth man.

Harden was a guy who could make the transition from awkward sixth man to full-on superstar. Maybe Waiters will be too. But from the little I've seen of him, he doesn't seem nearly as deadly or as dynamic as a Harden or a Wade. My opinion's worth very little though as I've not seen too much of him. Only 2 games. And of course I was paying more attention to Kyrie.

Jailblazers7
02-25-2013, 10:48 PM
I might be ready to jump on the Wizards bandwagon if they draft Anthony Bennett. Wall/Beal/Bennett would be awesome to watch.

HylianNightmare
02-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Really comes down to who has a better pg

jrong
02-25-2013, 10:58 PM
Waiters is not a very good NBA defender yet. I read some Cavs fans' speculation that it may be because of all the 2-3 zone that was drilled into his head at Syracuse. I wonder if that's the explanation for Melo. I swear the best D Melo ever played in his life was the last play of the first half in the ASG against Kobe.

Eric Cartman
02-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Haven't seen enough of Beal to make a direct comparison, but Dion is REALLY good at attacking the rim. Especially in the last couple months, as he has figured out how to finish among the trees in the NBA. His lethal first step has always been there. He has the body to absorb contact and finish. I sense there are a lot of people who haven't watched him lately.

Dion Waiters vs Heat (Full Highlights) [24.02.2013] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg-MWDad_zc)

Btw, Dion is shooting 51% from the field in his last 10 games.

LMAO at Bosh "contesting" those shots at the rim.

alexthegr8
02-26-2013, 12:13 AM
I love them both. Tbh. If forced to pick one I'd lean Beal, but I think they both have all-star potential.

Both are really fun to watch too, Waiters with his slashing and Beal with that incredible form. Those Ray Allen comparisons with Beal don't look too far-fetched at all right now btw. He's shooting 50 percent from three over the last two months, and he has a beautiful mid-range game.

brandonislegend
02-26-2013, 12:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww9lXcfEd14

look at that stroke...sooo perfect.

and those hating on Waiters defense, give him some time he is a rookie and played zone in college, he will transition sooner rather than later.

alexthegr8
02-26-2013, 12:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww9lXcfEd14

look at that stroke...sooo perfect.

and those hating on Waiters defense, give him some time he is a rookie and played zone in college, he will transition sooner rather than later.

Pure

RedBlackAttack
02-26-2013, 12:44 AM
Waiters is not a very good NBA defender yet. I read some Cavs fans' speculation that it may be because of all the 2-3 zone that was drilled into his head at Syracuse. I wonder if that's the explanation for Melo. I swear the best D Melo ever played in his life was the last play of the first half in the ASG against Kobe.
Where are you getting that he isn't very good. I mean, I agree that he's not very good if you don't take age/experience into account. But, I actually think he has done a pretty good job defensively this year or at least better than I expected.

He will fall asleep at times, but that is to be expected from a rookie. When he has his head in it, neither his man nor help defense is poor for this stage in his career.

Of course Wade went off on him last night, but how many rookies who were drafted as dynamic scorers are going to be able to slow down Dwyane Wade when LeBron James is receiving so much attention?

I think Dion has proven to be pretty solid defensively thus far. He's miles ahead of where Kyrie was at the same stage last year. In fact, he's a better defender than Kyrie right now. That isn't saying much, but Kyrie has been improving on that end incrementally and, if nothing else, he is averaging almost two steals a night.

Waiter is usually described to me as a future poor man's Dwyane Wade. It's pretty hard for me to get excited about a guy like that. The only real way you can have Dwyane Wade's game is if you're an offensive cornerstone for a team. Is Waiters good enough to be that some day? If not, it's tough to see how he'll fit into a championship team's dynamic other than as some kind of sixth man.

Harden was a guy who could make the transition from awkward sixth man to full-on superstar. Maybe Waiters will be too. But from the little I've seen of him, he doesn't seem nearly as deadly or as dynamic as a Harden or a Wade. My opinion's worth very little though as I've not seen too much of him. Only 2 games. And of course I was paying more attention to Kyrie.

I don't really know what a "poor man's Wade" is exactly. There are definitely similarities in their build and a little in the way they slash to the basket, but I wouldn't take the comparison too far. Waiters has also shown to be a pretty nice facilitator when asked to do so. When you're playing next to Kyrie Irving in the backcourt, 3+ assists per game isn't too bad.

You also have to keep in mind that the guy just turned 21. He is just starting to figure things out. I've watched every Cavs' game this season and Dion's game is just starting to come to life. After having seen every play he's ever made in the NBA, I wouldn't want to have to peg down his ceiling or what he's going to be.

I do know that he is a pretty damn exciting player and I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up being one of the best in that class. Where exactly he'll rank? That remains to be seen. But, as of this moment, it is looking like a heady pick to me.

RedBlackAttack
02-26-2013, 12:47 AM
LMAO at Bosh "contesting" those shots at the rim.
On his most beautiful play of the night, LeBron was actually the last line of defense and he got around him for the score. The Heat aren't a great defensive team up-front, but they are damn good on the perimeter. It isn't easy to get around those guys.

PleezeBelieve
02-26-2013, 03:47 AM
Waiters has better numbers in less minutes. He's the more impactful player. He's the more dynamic player.

The numbers back this up.

Waiters has played over 32 minutes in a game once in 2013. Beal has logged five straight games playing over 32 minutes a night.

Beal is alson on a shooting steak with 3 while Waiters has been cold during the same time. With that said, Waiters has still been better than Beal during this time.

Not to mention Waiters has clearly outplayed Beal during the two 1 on 1 matchups.

Numbers don't lie, fool.

brandonislegend
02-26-2013, 03:50 AM
Waiters has better numbers in less minutes. He's the more impactful player. He's the more dynamic player.

Waiters has played over 32 minutes in a game once in 2013. Beal has logged five straight games playing over 32 minutes a night.

Beal is alson on a shooting steak with 3 while Waiters has been cold during the same time. With that said, Waiters has still been better than Beal during this time.

Not to mention Waiters has clearly outplayed Beal during the two 1 on 1 matchups.

Numbers don't lie, fool.

That's because he is a shooter. :biggums:

RoundMoundOfReb
02-26-2013, 03:50 AM
Beal. Waiters will be a good player as well, i just prefer Beal.

chips93
02-26-2013, 07:14 AM
just a couple random notes on dion and the cavs over the last 20 games or so;

Waiters is averaging 14.6 points in 27.4 minutes per game with a 52.9 TS% over the past 20 games.

The Cavaliers have the third best offensive efficiency in the month of February at 112.2 points per 100 possessions.

Since The Jon Leuer Trade, the Cavaliers have the 4th best offense, the 2nd best AST/TO ratio and the best TOV% in the NBA.

Dion's last 20 games:
https://twitter.com/conradkaczmarek/status/306054695187783680/photo/1

Dion's finishing at the rim has steadily improved:
https://twitter.com/conradkaczmarek/status/306058277333135360/photo/1

https://twitter.com/conradkaczmarek

DukeDelonte13
02-26-2013, 07:22 AM
both are good SGs. Kudos to chris grant for making the right selection at #4 with Dion, a kid most people thought would bust.

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Waiters is just a more dynamic player. Beal will be the better shooter. At least Wiz fans have John Wall.... :oldlol:

alexthegr8
02-26-2013, 09:19 AM

Numbers don't lie, fool.

Beal has been rookie of the month the last two months in the East. When healthy, he's been clearly the better performer over the last two months. Thia has been explained previously, but he was destroying teams including hitting a game tying three against Brooklyn and a game winning shot against OKC, got injured in a game in Denver where he gave them 22 before he hurt his shooting wrist, and had two poor shooting games immediately after that fall on his wrist. He the sat out five games to rehab it, came back off the bench with limited minutes to work himself back into a groove, and then took off again after a few games.

Think about it, he's shooting 50 percent from three over the last two months and that number actually includes the games he played with the bad wrist that he said affected his shooting so much that he needed to see a specialist. And I'm not sure you can call his three point shooting a hot streak when he was shooting the lights out, had his flow completely interrupted because of injury, misses time and got out of rhythm, and is shooting the lights out again.

Also, both of their head to head match ups were very early in the year when both he and the team were struggling mightily (in fact, one of their games was the first game of the year.) Those results are meaningless, especially when you consider how much better the Wizards and Beal are playing now, and in any event, I kinda expected Waiters to come out the chute a little faster considering the fact that he's almost two years older and had the benefit of an extra college season to develop. It's a testament to Beal's ability that he's reeled him in so quickly.

Da KO King
02-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Anyone that think Bradley Beal will be elite is falling for the hype. He's Ray Allen (Celtics), good but nothing special.

alexthegr8
02-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Waiters is just a more dynamic player. Beal will be the better shooter. At least Wiz fans have John Wall.... :oldlol:

:biggums: You're laughing at Wizards fans despite the fact that they have the same amount of wins as the Cavs in less games played, with John Wall missing half the season and tons of other injuries? They're 13-9 with Wall in the lineup, it took Kyrie 56 games to win his 18th of the season. One team is clearly trending up, the other team has fans laughing at John Wall despite that fact.

alexthegr8
02-26-2013, 09:32 AM
Anyone that think Bradley Beal will be elite is falling for the hype. He's Ray Allen (Celtics), good but nothing special.

Give him a second. He's 19 years old. When Ray was his age, he was still at UConn, meantime, Beal's shooting the lights out at the highest level of basketball in the world, and showing more of an expanded game every day. Against Toronto he scored off of screens, set shots, he took people off the dribble, made threes, scored in transition, facilitated, rebounded, made clutch shots etc. By the time he's 22, people are going to be shocked at how good he is.

toneloc103
02-26-2013, 09:44 AM

Sums it up best right there....

toneloc103
02-26-2013, 09:50 AM
:biggums: You're laughing at Wizards fans despite the fact that they have the same amount of wins as the Cavs in less games played, with John Wall missing half the season and tons of other injuries? They're 13-9 with Wall in the lineup, it took Kyrie 56 games to win his 18th of the season. One team is clearly trending up, the other team has fans laughing at John Wall despite that fact.

You are kidding right? Cavs have been without their (arguably) 2nd best player in Vareajo for some time now. Overall the wizards have better talent than the Cavs now. The frontline of Okafor/Nene >>> Zeller/Thompson. Outside of Kyrie being light years better than Wall already, the teams are pretty much even. Dont want to hear about how much time crazy legs Wall has missed. We have had our share of injuries too. I think if you polled people here, I think the majority would rather have the Cavs than to take the Wiz...

ralph_i_el
02-26-2013, 09:55 AM

Numbers don't lie, fool.

numbers =/ basketball. Beal has been more efficient anyways. Plus take out beal's ridiculously bad first month and it's a whole different story. The stretch at the start of the year when Beal played poorly he had no competent point guard.

Beal is 19 and waiters is 21 so how about we compare Beal to sophomore at Cuse Waiters?

Da KO King
02-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Give him a second. He's 19 years old. When Ray was his age, he was still at UConn, meantime, Beal's shooting the lights out at the highest level of basketball in the world, and showing more of an expanded game every day. Against Toronto he scored off of screens, set shots, he took people off the dribble, made threes, scored in transition, facilitated, rebounded, made clutch shots etc. By the time he's 22, people are going to be shocked at how good he is.
He did all of that against one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

Sorry but he's a off-ball SG that can not create consistently off the bounce. I have no issue with players like that but that is NOT the type of player you draft #3 overall and don't regret it in five years.

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Waiters is someone that can consistently create his own shot and take it to the hole. Cleveland obviously wanted to surround Kyrie with another shot creator. Something Beal just isn't.

alexthegr8
02-26-2013, 10:18 AM
You are kidding right? Cavs have been without their (arguably) 2nd best player in Vareajo for some time now. Overall the wizards have better talent than the Cavs now. The frontline of Okafor/Nene >>> Zeller/Thompson. Outside of Kyrie being light years better than Wall already, the teams are pretty much even. Dont want to hear about how much time crazy legs Wall has missed. We have had our share of injuries too. I think if you polled people here, I think the majority would rather have the Cavs than to take the Wiz...

It's a good thing I don't give a **** what group think permeates this place then I guess. Kyrie Irving being light years better than John Wall is complete fiction btw. He's a much more efficient scorer of the basketball, but he's a terrible defensive player that the Cavs routinely hide from top tier guards (an article was written about this on the Cavs Sbnation blog that conceded that he was a belong average defensive player and acknowledged that the Cavs put Gee on other top pg often and they made it clear that it wasn't an energy saving tactic by Scott.) Aside from the fact that Wall has a per 36 average of 17 and 9, he' a much better facilitator/rebounder/defender than Kyrie. Aka things beyond scoring that have tremendous intrinsic value that people routinely ignore.

And the injury situation with the Wizards and Cavs aren't even remotely comparable. Wall, the engine of the team missed 32 games (and that doesn't include the games Wall played in clearly not in top form), Nene missed over a month and he still isn't actually over his injury, he's simply at a level acceptable to be in the game, but he's still clearly hobbled, Beal missed time, Ariza missed time, their backup pg missed time, Jordan Crawford missed an appreciable amount of time, Trevor Booker missed a month etc. and yet, they still have a higher winning percentage than the Cavs and Kyrie Irving aka the unicorn.

Btw, Okafor was hot garbage before Wall came back for the most part, and Nene is having his least efficient season in memory and still has zero lift, I'm not sure it makes sense to credit them for being the Wizards catalyst as much as Wall, you know, especially since everyone on that club expressly stated that Wall was the catalyst. They were 4-28 without Wall....they're 13-9 with him.

alexthegr8
02-26-2013, 10:30 AM

Sorry but he's a off-ball SG that can not create consistently off the bounce. I have no issue with players like that but that is NOT the type of player you draft #3 overall and don't regret it in five years.

He's at least as good as Ray Allen was at UConn putting the ball on the deck (probably better; I saw a ton of Allen in the Big East, including the Big East tournament championship where he hit that literally running shot to beat my Hoyas).

Remember, that was the knock on Ray Allen coming out if college after his JUNIOR season, and it's kinda the reason Miss St beat them in the tourney along with Travis Knight getting destroyed inside.

Beal is significantly younger than rookie Allen, as athletic (Beal had a 39 inch vert at the combine including a 33 inch no step), with a more refined offensive game at a comparable age.

And btw, that game wasn't even close to a one off. Beal played that way or better maybe 10 times in the last two months.

Da KO King
02-26-2013, 10:38 AM
He's at least as good as Ray Allen was at UConn putting the ball on the deck (probably better; I saw a ton of Allen in the Big East, including the Big East tournament championship where he hit that literally running shot to beat my Hoyas).

Remember, that was the knock on Ray Allen coming out if college after his JUNIOR season, and it's kinda the reason Miss St beat them in the tourney along with Travis Knight getting destroyed inside.

Beal is significantly younger than rookie Allen, as athletic (Beal had a 39 inch vert at the combine including a 33 inch no step), with a more refined offensive game at a comparable age.

And btw, that game wasn't even close to a one off. Beal played that way or better maybe 10 times in the last two months.
There is no way you as someone who watched Ray Allen can truthfully say Beal plays off the bounce as effectively as a younger Ray Allen did.

Awesome side note, now watching the Hoyas vs UConn game cause you reminded me about it. :rockon:

alexthegr8
02-26-2013, 10:50 AM
There is no way you as someone who watched Ray Allen can truthfully say Beal plays off the bounce as effectively as a younger Ray Allen did.

Awesome side note, now watching the Hoyas vs UConn game cause you reminded me about it. :rockon:

Game was awesome, although the ending had me.:banghead:. Btw, that was Allen's junior year, and he really struggled in that game leading up to the game winner creating his own shot. I mean he REALLY struggled creating his own shot that game. The game winner even was a hilariously difficult shot akin to something you might see in a game of Horse. Enjoy the game though, because it definitely was a BE classic.

Btw, I stand by my statement that Beal is better off the dribble right now than sophomore Ray Allen was at UConn (their comparable age seasons). Ray Allen improved his whole game really after that point, shooting included, and I expect Beal to do the same. You already see the Wizards putting the ball in his hands more often and allowing him to initiate the offense. Remember, he's 19. 19!

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2013, 10:53 AM
LOL at the poster trying to argue Wall>>>Kyrie. There isn't one GM that would take Wall over him.

Clyde
02-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Waiters is someone that can consistently create his own shot and take it to the hole. Cleveland obviously wanted to surround Kyrie with another shot creator. Something Beal just isn't.

How can I contribute to that red bar under your name?

ralph_i_el
02-26-2013, 10:56 AM

:lol :lol :lol I'm sorry I don't know what to say but that is just IGNORANT.

The wizards #1 need this off season was shooters and Beal fits that need perfectly.

First off he is excellent at moving off the ball. It gets him open in the flow of the offense which is how you generally win basketball games and score efficiently. He's got a classic stroke. He's 19 with a slick two dribble pull-up move that tells me that he can be a go-to scorer in a few years once he matures. He's been absolutely on fire in 2013 (even if you include the games he played with an injured shooting wrist) as the best scoring option in the wizards offense.

I don't understand why you'd hate on taking an off-ball player so high. Too many dribblers spoil the offense :roll:

Picking Beal at #3 might be the real choice Ernie Grunfeld hasn't botched

alexthegr8
02-26-2013, 11:02 AM
LOL at the poster trying to argue Wall>>>Kyrie. There isn't one GM that would take Wall over him.

What poster said that? I said that he wasn't light years better than Wall and that in many areas Wall is actually the superior player. The elite scoring potential of Irving gives him the edge though. My point was that Wall brings a lot to the table that people are overlooking. It's not a coincidence that the Wizards are playing so much better offensively and defensively with Wall in the lineup.

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2013, 11:03 AM
How can I contribute to that red bar under your name?

OMG!!! please don't neg me!!!!

:oldlol:

Clyde
02-26-2013, 11:05 AM
OMG!!! please don't neg me!!!!

:oldlol:

seriously tho, how do you do it?

ralph_i_el
02-26-2013, 11:08 AM
What poster said that? I said that he wasn't light years better than Wall and that in many areas Wall is actually the superior player. The elite scoring potential of Irving gives him the edge though. My point was that Wall brings a lot to the table that people are overlooking. It's not a coincidence that the Wizards are playing so much better offensively and defensively with Wall in the lineup.

exactly. Nobody is contesting the fact that Kyrie is a star but that doesn't take away from all the things Wall does that help win basketball games.

Before Wall came back just about every possession the wiz looked scared and confused (and yes I was probably the only person watching their first 30 games). Now guys can play their role because they understand that John will create opportunities for them. Plus he's a stud on D and a basket stopped is a basket earned :lol

toneloc103
02-26-2013, 02:18 PM
exactly. Nobody is contesting the fact that Kyrie is a star but that doesn't take away from all the things Wall does that help win basketball games.

Before Wall came back just about every possession the wiz looked scared and confused (and yes I was probably the only person watching their first 30 games). Now guys can play their role because they understand that John will create opportunities for them. Plus he's a stud on D and a basket stopped is a basket earned :lol

Not if you cant put that basket stopped in the hoop. Wall is an athelete in a pg body. He doesnt make good decsions, and he cannot shoot the jumper. There are a lot of decent defenders, but what Wall does isnt unique. Please tell me one team that would eather have Wall than Kyrie..

If you were starting a team would YOU want Wall or Kyrie?

tontoz
02-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Another 20 point game for Beal. This month he is averaging 17.7/5 shooting 48% from the field, 50% from 3.

There is no way to score that well on the worst offensive team in the league without being able to create your own shot.

Clyde
02-26-2013, 03:16 PM
No Kyrie tonight so we shall see what Waiters can do

DukeDelonte13
02-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Another 20 point game for Beal. This month he is averaging 17.7/5 shooting 48% from the field, 50% from 3.

There is no way to score that well on the worst offensive team in the league without being able to create your own shot.

are we really gonna pretend that Beal can beat guys off the dribble like Dion can? I feel like i'm living in fantasy land all of a sudden. Beal is a fine player and all but that part of his game is nowhere near Waiters, nor will it ever be.

brandonislegend
02-26-2013, 03:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyphaei46Vw

Here is highlights of Waiters first half of the season if you haven't seen him play.

I still prefer Beal but I think they will both be really good.

tontoz
02-26-2013, 04:21 PM
are we really gonna pretend that Beal can beat guys off the dribble like Dion can? I feel like i'm living in fantasy land all of a sudden. Beal is a fine player and all but that part of his game is nowhere near Waiters, nor will it ever be.

First of all if you knew how to read you would see i didn't mention Waiters in my post.

Secondly are you going to pretend that Beal hasn't been outplaying the older Waiters since Jan 1?

PleezeBelieve
02-26-2013, 04:35 PM
:oldlol: @ bu...bu...but my guy is 10934 months younger than your guy arguments.

tontoz
02-26-2013, 04:49 PM
:oldlol: @ bu...bu...but my guy is 10934 months younger than your guy arguments.

:oldlol: @ 3-17 from 3 in Feb.

ralph_i_el
02-26-2013, 05:17 PM

Beal doesn't need to beat his man of the dribble as often as waiters because he beats his man to the spot he wants to shoot from by moving off the ball. Waiters is definitely better iso-ing and getting to the hole off the bounce.

But Beal is a different player. He's a shooter

HeyIt'sMe
02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Dion "I get to the rim and am such an awesome finisher" Waiters isn't even shooting 50% at the rim. Your driving ability does you no good if you can't finish the play.

Nash
02-26-2013, 05:59 PM
D-Wait is a star in the making!

DukeDelonte13
02-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Beal doesn't need to beat his man of the dribble as often as waiters because he beats his man to the spot he wants to shoot from by moving off the ball. Waiters is definitely better iso-ing and getting to the hole off the bounce.

But Beal is a different player. He's a shooter

i realize that yes. They are different players, they have different styles, they are both going to be really good.

Not singling you out in particular but there is like this belief that Beal has been so great in 2013 and Dion hasn't, when in reality BOTH have been very good in the new year.

It's going to be a very fun rivalry and these debates probably wil go on and on and on.

tontoz
02-26-2013, 06:08 PM
According to BR Waiters is shooting 53% from inside 3 feet. Is that really what you guys are going to hang your hat on?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=waitedi01&match=single&year_id=&is_playoffs=N&team_id=&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=&shot_distance_min=&shot_distance_max=3&q1=Y&q2=Y&q3=Y&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=12&time_remain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_max=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg

DukeDelonte13
02-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Dion "I get to the rim and am such an awesome finisher" Waiters isn't even shooting 50% at the rim. Your driving ability does you no good if you can't finish the play.

He's shooting 70% plus the last month i think at the rim, his finishing at the rim has improved every month he's been in the league. He struggled, much like beal and almost every single rookie guard does, the first part of the season.

edit: 66% in Jan and around 74% in feb.

RedBlackAttack
02-26-2013, 06:09 PM
:oldlol: @ 3-17 from 3 in Feb.
He's definitely been cold from behind the arc, but that almost makes his overall improved efficiency more impressive... At least to me, because there was a time early in the season when I feared he might be one of those guys whose entire offensive game depended upon whether or not his jumper was falling. That was when he was really struggling with his finishing at the basket. He would get there, but hadn't adjusted to the tall, athletic bigs of the NBA.

His shot selection has also improved quite a bit.

So, yes, he isn't hitting 3s in February, but he is shooting 51% from the field.

I'll take it.

DukeDelonte13
02-26-2013, 06:10 PM
He's definitely been cold from behind the arc, but that almost makes his overall improved efficiency more impressive... At least to me, because there was a time early in the season when I feared he might be one of those guys whose entire offensive game depended upon whether or not his jumper was falling. That was when he was really struggling with his finishing at the basket. He would get there, but hadn't adjusted to the tall, athletic bigs of the NBA.

So, yes, he isn't hitting 3s in February, but he is shooting 51% from the field.

I'll take it.

its because he's barely taking one three a game now...

RedBlackAttack
02-26-2013, 06:13 PM
According to BR Waiters is shooting 53% from inside 3 feet. Is that really what you guys are going to hang your hat on?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=waitedi01&match=single&year_id=&is_playoffs=N&team_id=&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=&shot_distance_min=&shot_distance_max=3&q1=Y&q2=Y&q3=Y&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=12&time_remain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_max=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg
He's shooting 51% from the field this month.

Plus, I like what I see when I watch him play. So.... :confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
02-26-2013, 06:14 PM
its because he's barely taking one three a game now...
Like I said, improved shot selection. One of the fears coming out was that he was a "shot jacker" who can put up points, but on very low efficiency.

He certainly hasn't looked that way the last couple months.

DukeDelonte13
02-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Like I said, improved shot selection. One of the fears coming out was that he was a "shot jacker" who can put up points, but on very low efficiency.

He certainly hasn't looked that way the last couple months.

not at all. What impresses me is at the beginning of the season he had some big scoring nights that came with him hitting a lot of outside jumpers and threes. Now his big scoring nights consist of him relentlessly attacking the basket.

Imagine once he starts getting whistles...

PleezeBelieve
02-26-2013, 07:05 PM

I'll take it.
Your first paragraph is exactly who Beal has been all season. As has went his 3P FG% has went his overall FG%. If he sucked shooting from 3 then he sucked overall.

That's what you call an overall non-impact player.

Which is why I find Wizards Fan projecting all this swagger to be pretty funny. Beal is on a tremendous hot streak from 3 and he still isn't shooting 50% from the field during that streak.

What's that tell you, Einstein???????????

PrettyCool
02-26-2013, 07:22 PM
Two totally different players who are finally starting to emerge. I'm very happy for Waiters, and wouldn't trade him for Beal. I'm sure Washington fans feel the same way about Beal. Also, whats a cavs fan purpose in starting this thread? It's not like we had a chance at Beal anyway :confusedshrug:

Us Wizard and cavs fans can all agree on one thing. Lechoke is a huge B1tch.

PleezeBelieve
02-26-2013, 07:29 PM
I would hols off saying Beal has emerged. The guy is shooting .500 from 3 for the last 45 days or so. And those 3s account for 25% of his overall shot attempt.

Now factor he shooting about 44% on his 2p FGs during this 45 day period, I think its a good idea to wait till his 3p shooting comes back down to earth before speculating anything about this guy.

tontoz
02-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Your first paragraph is exactly who Beal has been all season. As has went his 3P FG% has went his overall FG%. If he sucked shooting from 3 then he sucked overall.

Which is why I find Wizards Fan projecting all this swagger to be pretty funny. Beal is on a tremendous hot streak from 3 and he still isn't shooting 50% from the field during that streak.

I guess you missed the part where he played with an injured shooting wrist.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2013/01/28/wizards-bradley-beal-battling-right-wrist-injury/

In those 6 games he shot 37.5% from the field. He also shot 1-5 in his first game back after sitting out 5 games.

I know you won't let the facts get in the way of your trolling though.

PleezeBelieve
02-26-2013, 07:44 PM
I guess you missed the part where he played with an injured shooting wrist.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2013/01/28/wizards-bradley-beal-battling-right-wrist-injury/

In those 6 games he shot 37.5% from the field. He also shot 1-5 in his first game back after sitting out 5 games.

I know you won't let the facts get in the way of your trolling though.
Dion missed 8 games with a sprained ankle... so what?

Take your weak excuses to a Wizards message board. N*gga, I don't play that...

ralph_i_el
02-26-2013, 07:51 PM

:facepalm when you miss games they don't impact the stats you brought up

when you play hurt...it does!

alexthegr8
02-26-2013, 08:08 PM

:biggums:

Your logic is stupefyingly bad. Because a guy who was projected to be an elite shooter and drew Ray Allen comps before the draft is shooting at a sustained elite level, that makes him an "overall non impact player?" Beyond the fact that Beal scores anywhere on the floor, he's a tremendous rebounder for his position, he plays very solid defense and he is a very efficient offensive player. He's damn sure impacted the hell out of the Wizards this calendar year.

"He's been playing great basketball over the last two weeks," Webster said. "The kid is balling. He has a great rhythm, let's hope he keeps riding it."

Okafor said Beal has made a vital contribution to Washington's offense during its recent surge.

"He's been that spark," Okafor said. "When things are a little bit slow or there's a lull, he gets it picked up."

Those are the type of quotes you typically hear about "non impact player(s)":rolleyes:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/gamecast?gameId=400278559&version=mobile&date=20130225

tontoz
02-26-2013, 09:05 PM

Nobody's stats get hurt by the games they don't play, idiot. It is the games they play hurt that affect their stats.

:facepalm

And an ankle isn't going to affect someone's shot as much as an injury to their shooting wrist.

You are even dumber than i thought and that is really saying something.

RedBlackAttack
02-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Waiters with another impressive performance.

25 points on 10-16 shooting in a win over the Bulls in Chicago, without Kyrie in the lineup.

He is looking good.

brandonislegend
02-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Waiters with another impressive performance.

25 points on 10-16 shooting in a win over the Bulls in Chicago, without Kyrie in the lineup.

He is looking good.

:applause: played great tonight, but I am confused how he had the ball so much in his hands tonight and did not record 1 assist.

RedBlackAttack
02-26-2013, 11:49 PM
:applause: played great tonight, but I am confused how he had the ball so much in his hands tonight and did not record 1 assist.
I haven't seen much of the game... Just snippets here and there when I could get away from my work... But it looked like Shaun Livingston was running point most of the night.

Regardless, when you score like that, I couldn't care less about his assist numbers. He's a SG, after all.

jrong
02-27-2013, 12:27 AM
^ RBA, never responded to your post earlier in the thread. I wouldn't have expected Waiters to stop an NBA superstar, but there were several plays in that fourth quarter where he got so lost on D that he didn't seem to know who he was guarding (that's why the Syracuse/zone speculation was intriguing).

Great game tonight, though. Kid looks like a player.

RedBlackAttack
02-27-2013, 01:29 AM
^ RBA, never responded to your post earlier in the thread. I wouldn't have expected Waiters to stop an NBA superstar, but there were several plays in that fourth quarter where he got so lost on D that he didn't seem to know who he was guarding (that's why the Syracuse/zone speculation was intriguing).

Great game tonight, though. Kid looks like a player.
I can see why someone who doesn't see him a lot and had watched that Heat game from start to finish might think he is a major liability defensively. But, that was definitely the worst night he's had in the NBA defensively and certainly his toughest assignment.

He does tend to fall asleep at times. The same thing happened against the Spurs just before All-Star break when the Cavs would have probably won if he hadn't fallen asleep and allowed Leonard a wide-open 3-pointer with a couple ticks left to give the Spurs a 1-point lead.

But, these are things a rookie will go through.

For those of us who have watched him every night, he really is not a bad defender considering he is a rookie with little experience. In fact, I think it can eventually be a strength for him. He shows promise when his head is in the game.

I think against the Heat, he was so used and abused by Wade all night, it got to the point where he had lost total confidence and became disengaged as a result. Plus, he is being asked to chase around Dwyane freaking Wade with little help because of James. That was a disaster waiting to happen before the ball was even tipped.

On his average, everyday assignments, he looks much better. Trust me on that. :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
02-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Dion became the first rookie this year to score 25+ points in back-to-back games last night. He's now averaging 19 points on 58% shooting in his last five.

Not too shabby. He may compete for that EC Rookie of the Month Award after all.

In February:

Dion Waiters
11 games
27.5 minutes
15.1 points on 52.3% shooting
3 assists
3 rebounds
1.1 steals
Team Record: 6-5

Brad Beal
7 games
33.6 minutes
17.7 points on 47.8% shooting
2 assists
5 rebounds
1.0 steals
Team Record: 5-2

Two fine looking rooks.

SilkkTheShocker
02-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Like I said, Waiters is better than Beal. Cleveland one ups Washington again.

chips93
02-27-2013, 04:28 PM
coach scott put him on deng early in the game, and he got burned, gave up a putback, and another easy score, got benched, but he responded great. when he got bqck in he was far more attentive defensively, just doing the simple things, see-the-ball-see-your-man, giving good effort.

nice to see him respond well to the quick benching.

RedBlackAttack
02-27-2013, 04:39 PM
coach scott put him on deng early in the game, and he got burned, gave up a putback, and another easy score, got benched, but he responded great. when he got bqck in he was far more attentive defensively, just doing the simple things, see-the-ball-see-your-man, giving good effort.

nice to see him respond well to the quick benching.
Yeah, you're right. He was actually benched four minutes into the first quarter. He got caught a couple times on D and with his rebounding position and missed a couple shots.

Came back and scored 25 in the next three quarters, including probably the biggest basket of the game with the Cavs up 1 with about 2:30 left. Kid has ice-water in his veins. No fear.

tontoz
02-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Dion became the first rookie this year to score 25+ points in back-to-back games last night. He's now averaging 19 points on 58% shooting in his last five.

Not too shabby. He may compete for that EC Rookie of the Month Award after all.

In February:

Dion Waiters
11 games
27.5 minutes
15.1 points on 52.3% shooting
3 assists
3 rebounds
1.1 steals
Team Record: 6-5

Brad Beal
7 games
33.6 minutes
17.7 points on 47.8% shooting
2 assists
5 rebounds
1.0 steals
Team Record: 5-2

Two fine looking rooks.

Unlike Cavs fans I think most people won't ignore 3 point shooting (50% vs 19%) which makes Beal the more efficient scorer. And the rebounding disparity is strangely large given that the Cavs are missing their best rebounder.

The only advantage Waiters has is assists (2.8 vs 2.4) which isn't much given that Irving is the 3 point champ and Wall's jumper is still horrible. I am worried about him.

I will say this though. I think the Cavs did the right thing picking Waiters over Barnes. Barnes literally has no game off the dribble. And it would have been tough to take a flier on Drummond at 4. I am a little surpsied at how much TRob has struggled.

i was scared that you guys were going to trade up to 2 and take Beal.

Jailblazers7
02-27-2013, 08:03 PM
RBA, what prospects do you have your eye on this year in the draft?

PrettyCool
02-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Unlike Cavs fans I think most people won't ignore 3 point shooting (50% vs 19%) which makes Beal the more efficient scorer. And the rebounding disparity is strangely large given that the Cavs are missing their best rebounder.

The only advantage Waiters has is assists (2.8 vs 2.4) which isn't much given that Irving is the 3 point champ and Wall's jumper is still horrible. I am worried about him.

I will say this though. I think the Cavs did the right thing picking Waiters over Barnes. Barnes literally has no game off the dribble. And it would have been tough to take a flier on Drummond at 4. I am a little surpsied at how much TRob has struggled.

i was scared that you guys were going to trade up to 2 and take Beal.

LOL such a reach. That statement would make sense if they were taking even close to the same amount of threes. You don't realize this, but you're pumping up Beal's success compared to Dions based on a totally unsustainable number.

tontoz
02-27-2013, 08:24 PM
LOL such a reach. That statement would make sense if they were taking even close to the same amount of threes. You don't realize this, but you're pumping up Beal's success compared to Dions based on a totally unsustainable number.

So you think non-Cavs fans will ignore the 3 point disparity? LMAO

He has been sustaining it since Jan 1 on 4 attempts per game and that includes a 6-20 stretch when he was playing with an injured shooting wrist.

veilside23
02-27-2013, 08:28 PM
cant go wrong on both

to me its like mitch ritchmond vs ray allen...

so thats why i picked Beal ...

PrettyCool
02-27-2013, 09:37 PM
So you think non-Cavs fans will ignore the 3 point disparity? LMAO

He has been sustaining it since Jan 1 on 4 attempts per game and that includes a 6-20 stretch when he was playing with an injured shooting wrist.

You're missing the point. Waiters doesn't take many threes anymore, and is starting to play like the slasher he was drafted as. Are you telling me the 3 point % is the purest judge of efficiency or are you just saying that because it suits your argument? I'm sorry but if their monthly scoring averages are similar and Dion fg% is over 50 and Beal's is under 45 then that's going to be much more eye opening then 3 point %.

Also by your logic, Wall shooting 7% from three makes him so innefficent that he shouldn't play another minute in the league.

Qwyjibo
02-27-2013, 09:47 PM
Are you telling me the 3 point % is the purest judge of efficiency or are you just saying that because it suits your argument?
He clearly didn't say that.

I'm sorry but if their monthly scoring averages are similar and Dion fg% is over 50 and Beal's is under 45 then that's going to be much more eye opening then 3 point %.
Huh? I had to re-read that about 3 times before somewhat understand what you were trying to say. A high 3pt % matters quite a bit especially if it's coming on a high volume of shots. And depending on the actual figures, it can absolutely even a ~5% difference in FG%.

Also by your logic, Wall shooting 7% from three makes him so innefficent that he shouldn't play another minute in the league.
Whose logic is this? No one has claimed this. John Wall is a very inefficient scorer and his lack of 3's is a big reason but he clearly does other things very well which makes him a valuable starter.

PrettyCool
02-27-2013, 10:02 PM
He clearly didn't say that.

Huh? I had to re-read that about 3 times before somewhat understand what you were trying to say. A high 3pt % matters quite a bit especially if it's coming on a high volume of shots. And depending on the actual figures, it can absolutely even a ~5% difference in FG%.

Whose logic is this? No one has claimed this. John Wall is a very inefficient scorer and his lack of 3's is a big reason but he clearly does other things very well which makes him a valuable starter.

"Unlike Cavs fans I think most people won't ignore 3 point shooting (50% vs 19%) which makes Beal the more efficient scorer."

Yeah he clearly does say that.

Qwyjibo
02-27-2013, 10:04 PM
"Unlike Cavs fans I think most people won't ignore 3 point shooting (50% vs 19%) which makes Beal the more efficient scorer."

Yeah he clearly does say that.
The implication was the 3pt shooting combined with everything else boosts him over Waiters in terms of overall scoring efficiency (which I agree with). Not 3pt shooting on its own.

tontoz
02-27-2013, 10:09 PM
You're missing the point. Waiters doesn't take many threes anymore, and is starting to play like the slasher he was drafted as. Are you telling me the 3 point % is the purest judge of efficiency or are you just saying that because it suits your argument? I'm sorry but if their monthly scoring averages are similar and Dion fg% is over 50 and Beal's is under 45 then that's going to be much more eye opening then 3 point %.

Do you not understand basic math or do you just not know how to read?

Beal scored 17.7 ppg on 12.9 attempts in the games in question.
Waiters scored 15.1 ppg on 11.8 attempts.

Which player scored more efficiently in those games?

noob cake
02-27-2013, 10:09 PM
The bigger and more important question is why Waiters rode the Syracuse bench for 2 years :facepalm

tontoz
02-27-2013, 10:11 PM
As a side note Wall has been a train wreck lately. If they lose tonight it is on him.

PrettyCool
02-27-2013, 10:17 PM
The implication was the 3pt shooting combined with everything else boosts him over Waiters in terms of overall scoring efficiency (which I agree with). Not 3pt shooting on its own.

Well then you must be a mind reader because the guy has only been talking about 3pt shooting % which sounds suspect and unfair because Beal was drafted as a shooter and Waiters was drafted as a slasher. You think Beal's tear has been more efficient than Waiters because of his 3 point shooting? Fine then fine then calculate their true shooting percentages instead of just endlessly repeating basketball clich

PrettyCool
02-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Do you not understand basic math or do you just not know how to read?

Beal scored 17.7 ppg on 12.9 attempts in the games in question.
Waiters scored 15.1 ppg on 11.8 attempts.

Which player scored more efficiently in those games?

Beal, thanks for actually posting stats instead of using hyperbole to make Beal sound so much more impressive.

tontoz
02-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Beal, thanks for actually posting stats instead of using hyperbole to make Beal sound so much more impressive.

Where exactly did i use hyperbole?

Jailblazers7
02-27-2013, 10:28 PM
The bigger and more important question is why Waiters rode the Syracuse bench for 2 years :facepalm

He was basically a Manu style 6th man at Cuse. Not exactly what I would call riding the bench.

PrettyCool
02-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Where exactly did i use hyperbole?

You kept going on and on about the disparitys in there 3 point percentages when Beal is a Shooter and Waiters is a slasher. It's as unfair as looking at pure raw fg% (like you took offense too) when Beal gets the bulk of his points at the three and Waiters gets the bulk of his points at the rim.

Both are balling though :cheers:

noob cake
02-27-2013, 10:30 PM
He was basically a Manu style 6th man at Cuse. Not exactly what I would call riding the bench.

NBA players are not scrubs. Solid shooting guards have been starting over Manu.

I don't believe for a second that Syracuse was that stacked.

tontoz
02-27-2013, 10:36 PM
You kept going on and on about the disparitys in there 3 point percentages when Beal is a Shooter and Waiters is a slasher. It's as unfair as looking at pure raw fg% (like you took offense too) when Beal gets the bulk of his points at the three and Waiters gets the bulk of his points at the rim.

Both are balling though :cheers:

RBA left out 3 point shooting in his comparison which is why i pointed it out. Beal has been a more efficient scorer both in that stretch and on the season.

Look at Waiters game tonight. He was 7-16 from the field (43.8%). If you just look at FG% you would think his scoring was inefficient.

And Beal does not get the bulk of his points on 3s. Another math fail.

PrettyCool
02-27-2013, 10:41 PM
RBA left out 3 point shooting in his comparison which is why i pointed it out. Beal has been a more efficient scorer both in that stretch and on the season.

Look at Waiters game tonight. He was 7-16 from the field (43.8%). If you just look at FG% you would think his scoring was inefficient.

And Beal does not get the bulk of his points on 3s. Another math fail.

LOL stop being so defensive.

tontoz
02-27-2013, 10:48 PM
LOL stop being so defensive.

How about you stop butchering grade school math and english.

Here is some hyperbole for you. AJ Price might be the Wizards best pg. At least i hope it turns out to be hyperbole.

PrettyCool
02-27-2013, 10:52 PM
How about you stop butchering grade school math and english.

Here is some hyperbole for you. AJ Price might be the Wizards best pg. At least i hope it turns out to be hyperbole.

Keep crying.

tontoz
02-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Keep crying.

This is crying

Well then you must be a mind reader because the guy has only been talking about 3pt shooting % which sounds suspect and unfair

:cry:

PrettyCool
02-27-2013, 11:00 PM
This is crying

:cry:

Dude you went apeshlt when RBA didn't post Beals 3pt %, and you still haven't cooled off. you gonna call that crying after your display? :roll:

Kujo
02-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Waiters looked pretty good tonight. He torched my Raps.

Beal has the bigger upside, and I think ultimately he'll have a better career, but Waiters will be good, if not somewhat inconsistent.

tontoz
02-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Dude you went apeshlt when RBA didn't post Beals 3pt %, and you still haven't cooled off. you gonna call that crying after your display? :roll:

No i made one post pointing out his omission. that is hardly going apeshit.

You were going apeshit because of your lack of education.

PrettyCool
02-27-2013, 11:12 PM
No i made one post pointing out his ommission and you made post after post showing that you don't know grade school math/english.

You gonna keep making the same insult over and over again? :roll:

Like I said, keep crying.

tontoz
02-27-2013, 11:16 PM
You gonna keep making the same insult over and over again? :roll:

Like I said, keep crying.

By all means please explain what part of this post meets your definition of "going apesh!t"

Jailblazers7
02-27-2013, 11:31 PM
NBA players are not scrubs. Solid shooting guards have been starting over Manu.

I don't believe for a second that Syracuse was that stacked.

It was a decision made by Boeheim based on the play style of the team, not individual talent the same way Manu was 6th man for the Spurs for a long time.

JimmyMcAdocious
02-21-2016, 06:54 PM
https://giant.gfycat.com/EasygoingEqualAracari.gif

Smoke117
02-21-2016, 06:58 PM
https://giant.gfycat.com/EasygoingEqualAracari.gif

:roll: :roll: :roll: Waiters might have the lowest basketball IQ in the league.

Uncle Drew
02-21-2016, 07:00 PM
I once thought this guy had talent.

RedBlackAttack
02-21-2016, 07:13 PM
Irrational confidence to zero confidence.

Looks completely lost at the moment.