PDA

View Full Version : Lebron trolling Cavs fans

cavsfanatic
02-24-2013, 03:11 AM
http://instagram.com/p/WGVf0BiTAA/ Wearing a Browns hat tonight after the game right before the game against The Cavs tomorrow :lol All my Cleveland followers/fans on twitter was going crazy. Mission accomplished Bron

mrpibb
02-24-2013, 03:14 AM
Yeah.

Wait, what?

CavaliersFTW
02-24-2013, 04:58 AM
http://instagram.com/p/WGVf0BiTAA/ Wearing a Browns hat tonight after the game right before the game against The Cavs tomorrow :lol All my Cleveland followers/fans on twitter was going crazy. Mission accomplished Bron
He's trolling Miami, not Cleveland. He misses actual fans and is naturally drawn to Kyries leadership and insane 4th quarter closing skill. Cleveland with Kyrie is Lebron's dream team and he knows it, he's likely coming back to Cleveland once he's a F/A again :lol

inclinerator
02-24-2013, 05:00 AM
so he took a pic with denzel

RoundMoundOfReb
02-24-2013, 05:35 AM
He's trolling Miami, not Cleveland. He misses actual fans and is naturally drawn to Kyries leadership and insane 4th quarter closing skill. Cleveland with Kyrie is Lebron's dream team and he knows it, he's likely coming back to Cleveland once he's a F/A again :lol
OT but would you want him back? Would most fans welcome him back?

plowking
02-24-2013, 05:41 AM

How would you feel knowing peak Lebron James played for Miami?

Funny, because you love hating on the dude now, but you wish he comes back so you can love him again? Weird.

B-Easy8

Im sure he wants to go back to one of the worst teams in the league instead of winning more championships with arguably the best team.

RedBlackAttack
OT but would you want him back? Would most fans welcome him back?
From my very unscientific survey with all of the Cavs' fans I know (a lot), the answer is a resounding, "no."

But, it seems there are some ready to go all-in on yet another LeBron James decision... It is mind-boggling to me.

RedBlackAttack
Im sure he wants to go back to one of the worst teams in the league instead of winning more championships with arguably the best team.
I'm hoping that is the way he'll look at it.

Hoopz2332
02-24-2013, 06:28 AM
From my very unscientific survey with all of the Cavs' fans I know (a lot), the answer is a resounding, "no."

But, it seems there are some ready to go all-in on yet another LeBron James decision... It is mind-boggling to me.

here is a poll from the largest Cavs board on the net. They follow lebron's every move:oldlol: To me, most want him back

http://i.imgur.com/5VznUCT.png

http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?37380-The-Lebron-Safari-2014/page245

So basically about 43% said NO and 57% said some combination of YES

RoundMoundOfReb
02-24-2013, 06:31 AM
here is a poll from the largest Cavs board on the net. They follow lebron's every move:oldlol: To me, most want him back

Interesting...

And those are the hardcore fans, the ones who take basketball seriously. I'd bet an even higher percentage of casual fans would want him back.

Hoopz2332
02-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Interesting...

And those are the hardcore fans, the ones who take basketball seriously. I'd bet an even higher percentage of casual fans would want him back.

Exactly!:oldlol: If these hardcore Cavs fans want him back, you know the casual types would also.

sixer6ad
02-24-2013, 09:59 AM

For ISH people not in the Northeast Ohio area, the real answer is the opposite of the above RedBlack post.

He does not want him back, AND I RESPECT THAT 100%. I actually think that's how we all SHOULD look at it. He's the right one here. Problem is, we DON'T look at it that way.

We are a desperate, compassionate, forgiving fan base. We're a little crazy, too and love a good story. That makes this "return" compelling. It's mentioned on a daily basis, and we want to win. We can say all we want about our "young talent", but we are 18-37. It's stupid to even think we wouldn't want the best player in the league back. It's a sport, not life or death. It's entertainment. That's all.

Night #1 back - IF HE COMES BACK - would be Top 10 insane nights of all time in any sport.

DukeDelonte13
02-24-2013, 10:09 AM
I am an ISH person living in NE Ohio, and I would absolutely take Lebron back, because I am a cavs fan first, and i care more about winning a championship than pride. And i disagree with RBA, because vast majority of NE ohio cavs fans I speak with would take him back.

There was Cleveland.com poll, which is not the circlejerk that real cavs fans is, (or any other strictly one team message board), had clevelanders wanting Lebron to return by a large margin.

BrickingStar
02-24-2013, 10:16 AM

How is it mind-boggling? No one should get too attached to a player if you are franchise first player second no shit they should want him back and yeah you're speaking out of your butt maybe those you know already kknow your agenda so don't want to agree but most cav fans do want him back http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?37380-The-Lebron-Safari-2014/page245

They've had these lebron safari threads for every year he's been on the heat :roll:

jbryan1984
02-24-2013, 11:34 AM
I think the chances get better every year. OP makes a lot of good points with Bron noticing Kyrie in Cleveland. I have also said, Bron HATES it when people don't like him, he will want to make it right. Bron and Kyrie together would possibly be the best duo in the NBA.

Apogee
02-24-2013, 11:38 AM

Sample size 427 :facepalm

PrettyCool
02-24-2013, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't want that choker back.

kNicKz
02-24-2013, 11:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CR3Egjuo3OQ

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-24-2013, 11:56 AM
For ISH people not in the Northeast Ohio area, the real answer is the opposite of the above RedBlack post.

He does not want him back, AND I RESPECT THAT 100%. I actually think that's how we all SHOULD look at it. He's the right one here. Problem is, we DON'T look at it that way.

We are a desperate, compassionate, forgiving fan base. We're a little crazy, too and love a good story. That makes this "return" compelling. It's mentioned on a daily basis, and we want to win. We can say all we want about our "young talent", but we are 18-37. It's stupid to even think we wouldn't want the best player in the league back. It's a sport, not life or death. It's entertainment. That's all.

Night #1 back - IF HE COMES BACK - would be Top 10 insane nights of all time in any sport.

I pointed this out MONTHS ago. Most people from Cleveland have already forgiven / or will forgive Lebron if he suited up with the Cavs.

And there's nothing wrong with that ...

chosen_one6
02-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Sample size 427 :facepalm

Considering Cleveland's population is a little under 400k, I'd say 427 isn't ideal but it is decent.

SilkkTheShocker
02-24-2013, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't want that choker back.

Brb carrying s.hitty Cavalier teams to 60+ wins

DukeDelonte13
02-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Considering Cleveland's population is a little under 400k, I'd say 427 isn't ideal but it is decent.

Cleveland metro area not counting akron is 2 million plus.

sixer6ad
02-24-2013, 01:11 PM

?? :confusedshrug:

Northeast Ohio - all of whom potentially are Cleveland fans, is 4 million people. That's a 16-county area all within 30-45 minutes of downtown.

That's the 15th largest Metro Region in the United States.

pauk
02-24-2013, 01:30 PM
From a basketball point of view i doubt a Cavs fan deep down inside would NOT want Lebron back, what are you crazy?
From an emotional point of view i understand there is many who would not want him back (mostly Cleveland inhabitants, that just simply know who this Lebron guy is), which is still stupid to me, what did he do to you personally? He did a basketball decision, he became a free-agent and decided to dribble a round freakin orange ball with a different jersey..... this is not your high school basketball loyal team, its the NBA, its business.... its not like he was a brutal manslaughtering dictator that escaped his imminent public hanging or something....

Despite what Cleveland did (not just Cavs fans) after his departure (very personal insults, threats and so on, it was crazy) he still didnt hold any grudge and he still said he wouldnt mind playing for Cleveland again....

Once you see that championship trophy raised up everything will be forgotten, not only that but you will love him more than you did before, trust me....

But, i doubt he will be back... who knows...

HiphopRelated
02-24-2013, 01:43 PM
You're actually showing who is being trolled if anyone

BrickingStar
02-24-2013, 01:58 PM
I think the chances get better every year. OP makes a lot of good points with Bron noticing Kyrie in Clevland. I have also said, Bron HATES it when people don't like him, he will want to make it right. Bron and Kyrie together would possibly be the best duo in the NBA.
Expect kyries growth to stumble once lebron gets the reigns to that franchise but either wait it won't happen. No the chances got worse after he won a chip with miami and if he continues to win he will likely stay in miami. The bold is completely fabricated by someone with clear biased for their team, you really believe he gives a shit about that now (or the entire sports nation for that matter outside of a few butthurt cav fans)

KyrieTheFuture
02-24-2013, 02:07 PM
All I know is IF he leaves it's to Cleveland but there's a larger chance he stays in Miami. Idk if he'll want to move his family again if he can help it.

Glide2keva
02-24-2013, 02:28 PM
You do realize that putting lebron and Kyrie together instantly makes them contenders, right?

DirtySanchez
02-24-2013, 02:28 PM
He will not go back to Celeveand......
Second thought I have no clue did not think he would go to Miami in the first place.

Djahjaga
02-24-2013, 02:52 PM
You do realize that putting lebron and Kyrie together instantly makes them contenders, right?

Putting Lebron on virtually any team with another good-to-great player makes them a contender. The question is, does he want to go back to the Cavs as an ORGANIZATION or does he want to stay with the Heat, who have a GM and an owner dedicated to winning and willing to spend money to do so.

Also, bigger and better market (which matters less with a superstar, but still matters). No state income tax.

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2013, 04:33 PM

Like I said before when we discussed this topic, the fact that it's entertainment and not life and death is why I'm perplexed at fans who think "winning at all costs" is the way to look at sports fandom.

I've wanted a Cleveland team to win any championship all my life. My dad began taking me to Browns/Indians/Cavs games from back before I can remember. That said, a championship by one of those teams, while I hope for as much or more than anyone else here, is not going to change anything about my actual life.

Second, for months and months after "The Decision," Cavs fans were told to "get over it." At this point, James is a distant memory, but now the same people who told me to get over it are the same who are now telling me I should want to go all-in on another "Decision"... ?

Sorry, I don't want to go back to that. James seemed to do everything in his power in the summer of 2010 to make me not like him. He went out of his way to make sure of it. He succeeded.

It is far more important to me that I actually like the team I root for than it be a title contender.

Like you said, this is all just entertainment... I could easily just change the channel (and I would).

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Putting Lebron on virtually any team with another good-to-great player makes them a contender. The question is, does he want to go back to the Cavs as an ORGANIZATION or does he want to stay with the Heat, who have a GM and an owner dedicated to winning and willing to spend money to do so.

Also, bigger and better market (which matters less with a superstar, but still matters). No state income tax.
Are you implying Gilbert will not open his checkbook to improve the roster? If so, I suggest you take a look at the Cavs' payroll during the LeBron years and the moves he has made since James left.

Also, Chris Grant is the current GM. He's been on the job a couple years. All he has done was acquire the pick that got us Kyrie for a bag of peanuts; get a mid-first rounder for Ramon Sessions (who was going to leave anyway); take fliers on two guys considered reaches in the draft, but now look like potentially good picks (Tristan/Dion)... etc.

The whole reason this team may look appealing to FAs in 2014 is the work Grant/Gilbert have done.

But, trust me, I hope he looks at it the way you do.

Vienceslav
02-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Well it would certainly make for a interesting dynamic, but i don't see how anybody would not want him back.
It's one of those situations where you have a firm belief, because you are safe in knowledge that it won't be challenged, the second there would be a realistic chance he might be coming back i bet most of the people who hold a grudge against him would do a quick 180.
It would be a totally different guy who would be coming back though, his game and media persona really evolved since his Cleveland days.
Since we are talking hypotheticals here it would be interesting to see Lebron play on a team with a great PG in Kyrie Irving in 2 years he will really be on the top of his game and since Lebron is sometimes called Magic-esque[which i personally think is a little bit of an overkill, but for the sake of the argument let's go with that]it would be fascinating to see him being in more pronounced scorer role with his newly acquired[realised] post skills and better shot selection[fewer 3s etc.].
Maybe he is being held back by the need of creating and also scoring and we don't know it because if look so good doing what he's doing now.

PleezeBelieve
02-24-2013, 05:16 PM
RBA views on LeBron are jaded based on the fact he never thought he would leave from the get go. I told him 18 months in advance of The Decision that Cleveland should trade LeBron because it looked like he had changed. It was pretty obvious to me a year before he departed that the guy had turned the channel from the Cavaliers. RBA refused to see the signs then so he was ESPECIALLY hurt when The Decision aired.

But its time to move on from 2010. If LeBron comes back that means he will retire a Cavalier and break many all time records in a Cavaliers jersey, as it should be. RBA needs to look at the big picture here.

Now if LeBron doesn't come back, I'm good with that too because Cleveland will have the NBA's best backcourt for the 10 years. In this scenario I would immensely enjoy a few Cavs vs LeBron playoff series. Cleveland fans would be ROCKING in this scenario, truly letting LeBron know what he lost when he fled to Miami.

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Well it would certainly make for a interesting dynamic, but i don't see how anybody would not want him back.
It's one of those situations where you have a firm belief, because you are safe in knowledge that it won't be challenged, the second there would be a realistic chance he might be coming back i bet most of the people who hold a grudge against him would do a quick 180.
Everyone is talking about this as if it is going to happen. Trust me, I don't feel anything close to "safe" with my position. I'm starting to fear it may happen.

RBA views on LeBron are jaded based on the fact he never thought he would leave from the get go. I told him 18 months in advance of The Decision that Cleveland should trade LeBron because it looked like he had changed. It was pretty obvious to me a year before he departed that the guy had turned the channel from the Cavaliers. RBA refused to see the signs then so he was ESPECIALLY hurt when The Decision aired.

But its time to move on from 2010. If LeBron comes back that means he will retire a Cavalier and break many all time records in a Cavaliers jersey, as it should be. RBA needs to look at the big picture here.

Now if LeBron doesn't come back, I'm good with that too because Cleveland will have the NBA's best backcourt for the 10 years. In this scenario I would immensely enjoy a few Cavs vs LeBron playoff series. Cleveland fans would be ROCKING in this scenario, truly letting LeBron know what he lost when he fled to Miami.

As always, PB putting himself right in the middle of the story. I don't recall any such conversations. In fact, I recall you being the one who said he would never consider leaving and anyone who thought otherwise was a moron.

Feel free to search these supposed conversations.

There was a time when I recall saying that I'd have a hard time rooting against LeBron even if he did choose to leave. Of course, that was long before the 2010 playoffs, the 2010 offseason, "The Decision," his choice of team (and turning the NBA into Super Friends), the not 1, 2, etc., the taunting of Cavs fans during his first season in Miami, his breakdown after The Finals, etc.

I just don't like the guy and I don't want a guy I don't like on my hometown team's roster. Nothing more to it than that.

Time for Cavs' fans to move on. James years are over. I'm enjoying the team we have.

lilgodfather1
02-24-2013, 06:07 PM
This is the most recent LeBron poll on RCF. Less than 13% would be against him coming back. Yes the sample is small, but these are hard core Cavs fans.

http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?41489-6-s-Return

The thread referenced earlier was created 07-04-11.

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2013, 07:35 PM
This is the most recent LeBron poll on RCF. Less than 13% would be against him coming back. Yes the sample is small, but these are hard core Cavs fans.

http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?41489-6-s-Return

The thread referenced earlier was created 07-04-11.
This one has even less validity than the other for several reasons...

A. Not only would LeBron be coming back in this scenario, it also guarantees a championship. Would you want him back "if it meant winning a championship" is the wording. And, of course there are no guarantees of anything regardless of what he does.

B. There are, what? 160 votes? I'm sure most people on RCF, like myself (longtime poster there) don't even bother to open threads involving James, let alone take the time to read all options and carefully vote.

C. There are essentially three variations of "yes" and one "no" as possible responses. That is what you call a flawed survey. Which probably accounts for such a low total of responders.

Also, RCF isn't all hardcore Cavs fans. There are some casual fans on there, fans of other teams that post there and even some LeBron fans.

Again, these things tell us nothing.

returnofthemack
02-24-2013, 08:10 PM

you seriously think that the heat would still be one of the best teams without lebron? heh no. you put lebron on any team in the nba right now and they are automatic contender for title period!

Nash
02-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh

Kyrie Irving just launched an 80-ft heave after the buzzer and LeBron finished it with a reverse dunk. READ INTO IT.

:lol :lol

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2013, 08:17 PM
you seriously think that the heat would still be one of the best teams without lebron? heh no. you put lebron on any team in the nba right now and they are automatic contender for title period!
You take LeBron James and his contract off of the Heat and I have no doubt they would still contend. Of course they wouldn't be as dynamic without the best player in the NBA, but Wade, Bosh, Allen and Chalmers are still a pretty solid four starting spots.

With the $17 million or whatever LeBron makes, they could fill several other positions or add some other star.

They'd be damn good.

returnofthemack
02-24-2013, 08:22 PM
You take LeBron James and his contract off of the Heat and I have no doubt they would still contend. Of course they wouldn't be as dynamic without the best player in the NBA, but Wade, Bosh, Allen and Chalmers are still a pretty solid four starting spots.

With the $17 million or whatever LeBron makes, they could fill several other positions or add some other star.

They'd be damn good.

they wouldnt really conted bc they wouldnt be good enough to win a title. they might make a ECF without lebron but any further then that? i dont think so. lebron is the driving force on that team. how he goes they go. and god forbid the heat would have to face whatever team lebron goes to in this hypothetical situation. i think lebron is good enough now that he could pretty much single handedly win a ring. as to all the coming back to cleveland stuff i dont think its gonna happen bc lebron is gonna win a ring this year and next at least. nothing would surprise me though. he could come back

Simple Jack
02-25-2013, 02:11 AM
The problem is, RBA acts like there is personal beef with LeBron.

He's sitting on his moral high horse trying to (or rather has) convinced himself that LeBron is some evil human being. You know sports, and you should be aware that most athletes are assholes in some form or another. What LeBron did is hardly something that would fall on the asshole end of the spectrum in the grand scheme of things.

The fact that 3 years later there is still a grudge that clouds your judgment on anything LeBron related (spare me the "I always said he was the best player garbage; you've made plenty of posts that reflected your unhealthy hate for LeBron when analyzing what he does and brings to the table as a player).

Having a once in a life-time talent on your team is not something you say no to; especially when his actions rank pretty low on the "wow that guy is a real scumbag" scale that a large majority of athletes fall under.

cavsfanatic
02-25-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm from Akron, so I'd love if Lebron came back. I disliked him after the decision, but I got over it. A lot of Cavs fans act like scorned gf's

ripthekik
02-25-2013, 11:51 AM
those cavs fans that want him back... i bet you'd take back your exgf who cheated on you few years back, then proceeded to sleep with 10 other men too huh? :lol

RoundMoundOfReb
02-25-2013, 11:55 AM
I came across this tnt promo on youtube. i feel for cavs fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W07tSPwTMs

DukeDelonte13
02-25-2013, 12:00 PM

He's sitting on his moral high horse trying to (or rather has) convinced himself that LeBron is some evil human being. You know sports, and you should be aware that most athletes are assholes in some form or another. What LeBron did is hardly something that would fall on the asshole end of the spectrum in the grand scheme of things.

The fact that 3 years later there is still a grudge that clouds your judgment on anything LeBron related (spare me the "I always said he was the best player garbage; you've made plenty of posts that reflected your unhealthy hate for LeBron when analyzing what he does and brings to the table as a player).

Having a once in a life-time talent on your team is not something you say no to; especially when his actions rank pretty low on the "wow that guy is a real scumbag" scale that a large majority of athletes fall under.

Eh, what Leron did was a pretty d*ck move. I think that's the general consensus. Do i think Lebron is an evil human being? No. Do i think he's made some really stupid decisions and took some really bad advice? Yeah. Has Lebron matured since the decision? Absolutely, both on and off the court.

I get what your saying and I used to say that stuff too, compared to other things other players have done Lebron isn't that bad. But that was before the decision. Dumping your hometown team on live TV is pretty scummy. (especially not having the decency to let the cavs FO know WTF he was planning to do) Could you imagine if D-Rose did something like that to Chicago? It would be pretty sh*tty.

I dislike him, but not enough for me to not want him on the cavs.

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 12:22 PM

I don't really get where you are coming from. I have never wavered from the idea that James is the best player in the league, at least not in the last four years or so. There is no "clouding of judgment."

I know how good he is... Just don't want him back in Cleveland. Nothing more to discuss. You can't make me want him on this team.

Not to mention, I'm supposed to buy stock in a LeBron James decision now? If you were a fan of this organization, would you feel comfortable putting all your eggs in a LeBron James basket, passing over other potentially great moves to enter into some ridiculous four-year sweepstakes?

I'm sick of the whole routine and I don't want any part of it.

I'm hoping we fill the SF spot in this year's draft so the speculation will stop (though, I know it never will). Don't want to have to deal with him, his idiot fans or his constant drama.

Also, was this the worst thing an athlete has ever done in a real world setting? Absolutely not. There have been murderers, dog killers, rapists, etc. who have been professional athletes.

But, I also don't think it should be minimized just how far out of his way James went to humiliate and, essentially, kick the city in the nuts.

Bill Simmons, a major LeBron fan, wrote this about 'The Decision'...

Five thoughts and then we'll turn it over to my readers, because honestly, they did a better job of summing up last night's LeBacle than I ever could:

1. One of my first ESPN.com columns was titled, "Is Clemens the Antichrist?" It covered how my relationship changed with Roger Clemens as a Red Sox fan -- in five years, he went from my favorite baseball player to my least favorite athlete in any sport -- and how the turning point happened in 1996, when Clemens signed with Toronto and showed no remorse at the ensuing news conference.

I still remember seeing that Blue Jays cap squeezed on his fat stupid face for 45 solid minutes, waiting for him to throw Red Sox fans a bone, waiting for him to say anything that would make me think, "Regardless of how this turned out, the past 12 years meant something to me," or "Just know that this happened because of Boston's front office, not their great fans." He only threw us a couple of canned comments, the same way someone would throw table scraps to a dog. I remember how angry it made me. I remember wanting to whip my remote control through the television, then realizing that I couldn't afford a new one. I remember taking down my autographed photo of Clemens' 20th strikeout against Seattle and sticking it in a closet. I remember thinking that I would never like sports quite as much ever again.

So when Clemens went to Toronto, got in shape, won two straight Cy Youngs and forced a trade to the Yankees, really, a column called "Is Clemens the Antichrist?" became inevitable as soon as I found a bigger forum to write it. I hated that guy as much as you could hate a professional athlete without things getting creepy.

And you know what? What LeBron did to Cleveland last night was worse. Much worse.

It's one thing to leave. I get it. You're 25. You don't know any better. You're tired of carrying mediocre teams. You want help. You want the luxury of not having to play a remarkable game every single night for eight straight months. You want to live in South Beach. You want to play with your buddies. I get it. I get it. But turning that decision into a one-hour special, pretending that it hadn't been decided weeks ago, using a charity as your cover-up and ramming a pitchfork in Cleveland's back like you were at the end of a Friday the 13th movie and Cleveland was Jason ... there just had to be a better way.

I blame the people around him. I blame the lack of a father figure in his life. I blame us for feeding his narcissism to the point that he referred to himself in the third person five times in 45 minutes. I blame local and national writers (including myself) for apparently not doing a good enough job explaining to athletes like LeBron what sports mean to us, and how it IS a marriage, for better and worse, and that we're much more attached to these players and teams than they realize. I blame David Stern for not throwing his body in front of that show. I blame everyone.

We are already fools for caring about athletes considerably more than they care about us. We know this and we do it anyway. We just like sports. We keep watching for moments like Donovan's goal against Algeria, and we keep caring through thick and thin for moments like Dave Roberts' steal and Tracy Porter's interception. We put up with all the sobering stuff because that's the price you pay -- for every Gordon Hayward half-court shot, or USA-Canada gold-medal game, there are 20 Michael Vicks and Ben Roethlisbergers. Last night didn't make me like sports any less -- my guard has been up since 1996 -- it just reinforced all the things I already didn't like.

For LeBron not to understand what he was doing -- or even worse, not to care -- made me quickly turn off the television, find my kids, give them their nightly bath and try to forget the sports atrocity that I had just witnessed. He just couldn't have handled it worse. Never in my life can I remember someone swinging from likable to unlikable that quickly. I will forgive him some day because I like watching him play basketball, and whether you're rooting for or against him, his alliance with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami created one the greatest "Holy s---, how is this going to play out?????" scenarios in recent sports history. Sports are supposed to be fun, and eventually, this will become fun -- for everyone but people in Cleveland -- because we finally have a Yankees of basketball.

But I will never, ever, not in a million years, understand why it had to play out that way. If LeBron James is the future of sports, then I shudder for the future.

Here is the full article...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100709

The idea that, after that, I'm supposed to welcome back James with open arms because he is great at basketball... It is just not going to happen. I stopped focusing on him a long time ago... Hoping his team loses every night, making a night out of rooting against him in the playoffs.

The NBA fan in me is totally focused on what the Cavs are building, which I think is something that could end up being really good.

But, do I want this guy back in a Cavs' uniform? Absolutely not.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-25-2013, 12:41 PM
I don't really get where you are coming from. I have never wavered from the idea that James is the best player in the league, at least not in the last four years or so. There is no "clouding of judgment."

I know how good he is... Just don't want him back in Cleveland. Nothing more to discuss. You can't make me want him on this team.

Not to mention, I'm supposed to buy stock in a LeBron James decision now? If you were a fan of this organization, would you feel comfortable putting all your eggs in a LeBron James basket, passing over other potentially great moves to enter into some ridiculous four-year sweepstakes?

I'm sick of the whole routine and I don't want any part of it.

I'm hoping we fill the SF spot in this year's draft so the speculation will stop (though, I know it never will). Don't want to have to deal with him, his idiot fans or his constant drama.

Also, was this the worst thing an athlete has ever done in a real world setting? Absolutely not. There have been murderers, dog killers, rapists, etc. who have been professional athletes.

But, I also don't think it should be minimized just how far out of his way James went to humiliate and, essentially, kick the city in the nuts.

Bill Simmons, a major LeBron fan, wrote this about 'The Decision'...

Here is the full article...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100709
If he did come back would you warm up to it eventually or would you stop being a Cavs fan? Just curious.

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 12:49 PM
If he did come back would you warm up to it eventually or would you stop being a Cavs fan? Just curious.
I think I'd probably have to turn away from the NBA all together if it happened. I'm already turned off by the whole 'Super Friends' trend the league has gone in during the last few years.

That might be the straw that broke the camel's back. And, it would be tragic, because I really love what the Cavs have done the last few years and I really like this team a lot.

cavsfanatic
02-25-2013, 01:03 PM
I think I'd probably have to turn away from the NBA all together if it happened. I'm already turned off by the whole 'Super Friends' trend the league has gone in during the last few years.

That might be the straw that broke the camel's back. And, it would be tragic, because I really love what the Cavs have done the last few years and I really like this team a lot.
besides Miami what team is "super friends"? Miami the only one I can think of so that's not a trend if only one team is doing it

AlphaWolf24
02-25-2013, 01:05 PM
all you fools who think most people "got over it"...are 100% wrong.

- GO TO OHIO!....they have the best Fanbase of any state I ever been to ( shout out to NY/upstateNY also up there)

- RBA represents what most OHIO fans are like...very passionate very loyal...

- That's why it hurt so much.....

- I never understood why Lebron left...he had everything and played for his Hometown team in his home stae in front of his Fans....

- IMO that is better then teaming up with a super squad to win a few Rings...especially since he said over and over that winning doesn't really define a player:confusedshrug:

- This Lebron we see in 2012' - 2013' could have won a Title in Cleveland with those 64 win teams he played on.

Pacers4ever
02-25-2013, 01:08 PM

- GO TO OHIO!....they have the best Fanbase of any state I ever been to ( shout out to NY/upstateNY also up there)

- I never understood why Lebron left...he had everything and played for his Hometown team in his home stae in front of his Fans....

- IMO that is better then teaming up with a super squad to win a few Rings...especially since he said over and over that winning doesn't really define a player:confusedshrug:

- This Lebron we see in 2012' - 2013' could have won a Title in Cleveland with those 64 win teams he played on.
Stop it :roll:

HiphopRelated
02-25-2013, 01:10 PM

The Lebron you see is BECAUSE he's in Miami. You think if he was till getting double teamed at the 3 point line he would be this good?

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 01:11 PM
besides Miami what team is "super friends"? Miami the only one I can think of so that's not a trend if only one team is doing it
Miami may be the only ones that almost self-identify as 'Super Friends,' but when I referenced that, I was talking about these superstar players who are centerpieces for other franchises, joining forces to create what are supposed to be super teams.

Happened with CP3 to the Clippers, Melo to the Knicks, Howard & Nash to the Lakers... Miami isn't the only one. It is just the most extreme example and really the first. Some may argue Boston, but that was an entirely different situation, with two guys joining forces who were pretty clearly past their best days.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-25-2013, 01:12 PM
I think I'd probably have to turn away from the NBA all together if it happened.

:oldlol:

Pacers4ever
02-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Miami may be the only ones that almost self-identify as 'Super Friends,' but when I referenced that, I was talking about these superstar players who are centerpieces for other franchises, joining forces to create what are supposed to be super teams.

Happened with CP3 to the Clippers, Melo to the Knicks, Howard & Nash to the Lakers... Miami isn't the only one. It is just the most extreme example and really the first. Some may argue Boston, but that was an entirely different situation, with two guys joining forces who were pretty clearly past their best days.
Which superstar did CP3 join forces exactly?

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Which superstar did CP3 join forces exactly?
Blake Griffin.

ripthekik
02-25-2013, 01:18 PM
The Lebron you see is BECAUSE he's in Miami. You think if he was till getting double teamed at the 3 point line he would be this good?
real talk, brutha:pimp:

Pacers4ever
02-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Blake Griffin.
What exactly is your definition of superstar then? Is LMA a superstar too?

AlphaWolf24
02-25-2013, 01:28 PM

Nope...

Lebron clearly worked on his Shot...His Post game looks alot better, and he clearly has the mentality to try and take over in Crunchtime.

All the work on his game ( after losing in 11') has given him more confidence in the clutch.

Go back and watch the 10' series vs Boston....if he was as engaged in the 4th as he is now...Cleveland get's past Boston.

AlphaWolf24
02-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Stop it :roll:

A whole state who Loved him like Family?

A team with the best record in the WHOLE LEAGUE 2 YEARS Straight!

Bieng able to play 30 minutes from where you grew up?

Oh yeah, 40 million $$$$ just from selling shoes.

what else does a player need?

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 01:45 PM
What exactly is your definition of superstar then? Is LMA a superstar too?
You are really straying from the point by arguing semantics. The word "superstar" is an arbitrary word whose definition depends on who you are talking to. Centerpiece was the more important term from the post you quoted.

Kyrie Irving is undoubtedly the Cavs' centerpiece... the guy the franchise is building around. Is he a superstar yet? No. But, when you take multiple centerpieces from around the league, toss them all on the same team, it diminishes the product league wide and concentrates the talent on one team.

The landscape and how teams are built now is totally different from where it was 5-6 years ago. And I'm not a fan of it. There is no arguing preference. If you like the direction the league has gone, good for you.

I was asked a direct question and I answered it.

Pacers4ever
02-25-2013, 01:47 PM
A whole state who Loved him like Family?

A team with the best record in the WHOLE LEAGUE 2 YEARS Straight!

Bieng able to play 30 minutes from where you grew up?

Oh yeah, 40 million $$$$ just from selling shoes.

what else does a player need?
And mo williams as a second option. LeBron should of just requested a trade like kobe to get that pos front office to something. By the way the bold doesn't actually mean anything in the sports world you know that right? FA don't take paycuts because "it's their hometown" It's a business. His popularity is peaking while playing miami while still making a shit load $$ of shoes. He's no longer hated but the opposite now.

Pacers4ever
02-25-2013, 01:51 PM
You are really straying from the point by arguing semantics. The word "superstar" is an arbitrary word whose definition depends on who you are talking to. Centerpiece was the more important term from the post you quoted.

Kyrie Irving is undoubtedly the Cavs' centerpiece... the guy the franchise is building around. Is he a superstar yet? No. But, when you take multiple centerpieces from around the league, toss them all on the same team, it diminishes the product league wide and concentrates the talent on one team.

The landscape and how teams are built now is totally different from where it was 5-6 years ago. And I'm not a fan of it. There is no arguing preference. If you like the direction the league has gone, good for you.

I was asked a direct question and I answered it.
5-6 years ago if a franchise has a chance to acquire 2 good player/center pieces as you call it (which is FAR different from a superstar) they would do so. How exactly has the landscape for building teams now any different from 5-6 years ago exactly? Because a few teams have acquire multiple centerpieces? In no way do they represent the majority of the leagues and this whole 2 or more centerpieces in one team is not anything new in fact started DECADES ago.

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 01:53 PM
And mo williams as a second option. LeBron should of just requested a trade like kobe to get that pos front office to something. By the way the bold doesn't actually mean anything in the sports world you know that right? FA don't take paycuts because "it's their hometown" It's a business. His popularity is peaking while playing miami while still making a shit load $$ of shoes. He's no longer hated but the opposite now.
Good. He has no reason to leave then. It is really weird that people seem to be demanding ithat I want Lebron James back on the Cavs. I don't.

Hopefully, he stays in Miami where everyone loves him and he makes loads of money. That would be best case scenario for me.

AlphaWolf24
02-25-2013, 01:56 PM

A) Not to be petty...BUT Jamison was the 2nd option, plus he was coming off a allstar season 08'

Mo williams was also an allstar in 10'....and was playing great....Big Z was also a Good Big Man.....again, they had the best record in the NBA 2 years straight.

Lebron joined 2 other superstars and still got merked in the Finals...proving your point invalid.

B) There is no way you can spin it, His move to Miami was a Horrible PR move.
He went from being the good guy to bieng booed in every stadium in the League....He was much more popular in Cleveland.

Pacers4ever
02-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Good. He has no reason to leave then. It is really weird that people seem to be demanding ithat I want Lebron James back on the Cavs. I don't.

Hopefully, he stays in Miami where everyone loves him and he makes loads of money. That would be best case scenario for me.
There wasn't been a single piece of evidence or source that actually proves lebron would eve consider cleveland from any other market to join too. It's all speculation and it gets people views on their article. You certainly shouldn't take what people on ISH say seriously either.

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 01:58 PM
5-6 years ago if a franchise has a chance to acquire 2 good player/center pieces as you call it (which is FAR different from a superstar) they would do so. How exactly has the landscape for building teams now any different from 5-6 years ago exactly? Because a few teams have acquire multiple centerpieces? In no way do they represent the majority of the leagues and this whole 2 or more centerpieces in one team is not anything new in fact started DECADES ago.
Because the players are demanding teams trade them where they want and when they want. Happened with James, Bosh (both traded), CP3, Melo, Howard...

Again, you aren't going to make me like this trend. Whether it "could have" or "would have" happened 5-6 years ago "if" is completely beside the point. It is happening now and I don't like it. Maybe you do. Good for you. Honestly couldn't care less what you think. I was asked. I never asked you.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-25-2013, 02:02 PM
There wasn't been a single piece of evidence or source that actually proves lebron would eve consider cleveland from any other market to join too. It's all speculation and it gets people views on their article. You certainly shouldn't take what people on ISH say seriously either.

You're a Pacers fan right? Why do you ride Lebron's nuts so hard? :oldlol:

Pacers4ever
02-25-2013, 02:03 PM
A) Not to be petty...BUT Jamison was the 2nd option, plus he was coming off a allstar season 08'

Mo williams was also an allstar in 10'....and was playing great....Big Z was also a Good Big Man.....again, they had the best record in the NBA 2 years straight.

Lebron joined 2 other superstars and still got merked in the Finals...proving your point invalid.

B) There is no way you can spin it, His move to Miami was a Horrible PR move.
He went from being the good guy to bieng booed in every stadium in the League....He was much more popular in Cleveland.
Jamison was only in cleveland for 2 years in lebron cleveland tenure and he is a piece of shit of a 2nd option. Mo williams was play decent in the REGULAR season, not come playoff time. What does mo williams being an all star prove :lol Their have been plenty mediocre all stars including this season can't believe you take that seriously. So this is the best cleveland could do, a 34 year old jamision out of his prime and mo williams (who came with a "i suck in the playoffs card"). Also no lebron wasn't more popular in cleveland, he was more liked if anything.

AlphaWolf24
02-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Jamison was only in cleveland for 2 years in lebron cleveland tenure and he is a piece of shit of a 2nd option. Mo williams was play decent in the REGULAR season, not come playoff time. What does mo williams being an all star prove :lol Their have been plenty mediocre all stars including this season can't believe you take that seriously. So this is the best cleveland could do, a 34 year old jamision out of his prime and mo williams (who came with a "i suck in the playoffs card"). Also no lebron wasn't more popular in cleveland, he was more liked if anything.

Ok so you gave me all the excuses....

so How did a bunch of "play decent in the REGULAR season, not come playoff time" players like the 11' Mavericks beat Lebron,Wade and Bosh????

Mavericks were old and had no one on the team that had won...in fact up to that point Dirk and Terry were notoriuos Chokers.

If your Math works then Wade and Lebron should have easily beat Dirk's Mavs....How come your Math doesn't compute?

Cavs were close in 09'....they added Shaq to help defend Garnett or Howard,They had still Had Big Z and Anderson, ( The Cavs team was a great defensive team and had many players who rebounded and played great interior defense)

They had some pretty good young players in Hickson and Gibson, To add Lean Powe ( who got injured but came back) who played amazing in the 08' Finals....

again....The cavs were a great defensive team.....with some savvy vets and some good young players....

2013' version of Lebron leads that team to Title...no doubt about it.

cavsfanatic
02-25-2013, 02:26 PM

I feel you, but I disagree

Cp3 got traded and The Clippers have no superstars besides him. Melo whined to go home, but nobody looked at The Knicks as a Superteam even when Stat was healthy. Howard didn't even want to go to The Lakers and Nash old as dirt, and just wanted to play for contender.

The new Cba is screwing teams from keeping players they drafted. We're not going to be able to keep Irving, Waiters, Tristan, and whoever we draft lottery this season all on the same roster in the future

DukeDelonte13
02-25-2013, 03:04 PM

except Lebron has said he would love to come back and play in Cleveland... Or that he still lives there during the offseason, or that Windhorst has been saying it for a year and a half now, etc. The only other city aside from Miami that Lebron has been linked to FA wise has been Cleveland. Yes it is all speculation. Of course there is no hard evidence that Lebron is going to Cle, if there was there would be a tampering investigation.

DukeDelonte13
02-25-2013, 03:07 PM
I feel you, but I disagree

Cp3 got traded and The Clippers have no superstars besides him. Melo whined to go home, but nobody looked at The Knicks as a Superteam even when Stat was healthy. Howard didn't even want to go to The Lakers and Nash old as dirt, and just wanted to play for contender.

The new Cba is screwing teams from keeping players they drafted. We're not going to be able to keep Irving, Waiters, Tristan, and whoever we draft lottery this season all on the same roster in the future

That's stupid. That's only true if you think TT and Waiters will be max level or very close to max level players. The new CBA is extremely beneficial to small market teams.

cavsfanatic
02-25-2013, 03:25 PM
That's stupid. That's only true if you think TT and Waiters will be max level or very close to max level players. The new CBA is extremely beneficial to small market teams.
Yea, like Okc right? Small market team who drafted tremendously had to lose a SUPERSTAR in Harden. True bout Waiters and Tristan tho, they may not be max, but Tristan being a Pf will mean he's getting 8 at least. If Waiters can get consistent then he will be like Monta Ellis and get that money. Add a another good lottery pick this season and in 4-5 years you will have a dilemma.

It helps small market teams like Indy, and Milwaukee, but not teams who consistently draft top 6. Of course if teams draft correctly they won't draft top 6 year after year anyway

DukeDelonte13
02-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Yea, like Okc right? Small market team who drafted tremendously had to lose a SUPERSTAR in Harden. True bout Waiters and Tristan tho, they may not be max, but Tristan being a Pf will mean he's getting 8 at least. If Waiters can get consistent then he will be like Monta Ellis and get that money. Add a another good lottery pick this season and in 4-5 years you will have a dilemma.

It helps small market teams like Indy, and Milwaukee, but not teams who consistently draft top 6. Of course if teams draft correctly they won't draft top 6 year after year anyway

They didn't have to lose Harden, they offered harden a 55 million dollar deal and harden took the 60 million dollar deal to be the guy in Houston. The cavs are a loonnnnnngggg way from worrying about lux tax issues, and an even longer way from the really restrictive aspects of being a lux tax offender for multiple consecutive seasons.

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 03:38 PM

If we are in a position years from now where we really have to worry about being able to sign Kyrie, Tristan, Dion, Zeller and whoever we get this year, I will be ecstatic. Having a "problem" like OKC is that great kind of problem. Harden was too good a player not to be a centerpiece somewhere else.

The new CBA is much more beneficial to small markets than the previous one.

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 03:52 PM
They didn't have to lose Harden, they offered harden a 55 million dollar deal and harden took the 60 million dollar deal to be the guy in Houston. The cavs are a loonnnnnngggg way from worrying about lux tax issues, and an even longer way from the really restrictive aspects of being a lux tax offender for multiple consecutive seasons.
Exactly.

And, if the Cavs do get there within the next few years, that is far from a bad thing. When we have multiple players who may be in line for max deals, sign me up. As it stands right now, the team has maybe the best cap situation in the whole league.

While I don't want LeBron, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Cavs went after Kevin Love, who I think would be a great fit.

HiphopRelated
02-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Nope...

Lebron clearly worked on his Shot...His Post game looks alot better, and he clearly has the mentality to try and take over in Crunchtime.

All the work on his game ( after losing in 11') has given him more confidence in the clutch.

Go back and watch the 10' series vs Boston....if he was as engaged in the 4th as he is now...Cleveland get's past Boston.
When he started getting extra attention yesterday, Wade destroyed the Cavs...that's what he lacked in Cleveland, another player that could also carry the team.

Lebron isn't shooting no damn 57% if no one else on his team warrants attention. In 2010, he was the entire focus of Boston's defense and it wore him down.

That's not a knock against him, it's the reason they joined forces in the 1st place.

AlphaWolf24
02-25-2013, 04:21 PM
When he started getting extra attention yesterday, Wade destroyed the Cavs...that's what he lacked in Cleveland, another player that could also carry the team.

Lebron isn't shooting no damn 57% if no one else on his team warrants attention. In 2010, he was the entire focus of Boston's defense and it wore him down.

That's not a knock against him, it's the reason they joined forces in the 1st place.

:lol

No Star in the NBA has a player like Dwayne Wade to rely on...

That is not even worth discussion??...Wade's skillset and ability is an all time great.

It still didn't work in 2011' either.....:confusedshrug:

In 2010 the cavs were coming off a 29 point win vs the Celtics....all of the CAVS starters were in double Figures...they were leading the series 2 -1.
( again, they had the best record in the whole NBA...over a 82 game season) He was the primary Focus all season..

The next 3 games....he totally disengaged himself...had nothing to do with not having players.

It had everything to do with him ALREADY CHANGING HIS # FROM 23 - #6.....then conviently saying it has to do with Jordan?......yeah right.:rolleyes:

toneloc103
02-25-2013, 04:27 PM

RCF might be the largest cavs board on the net, but hardly representative of the thoughts of the fan base

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 04:30 PM

I don't think anyone would deny that being the best player in the league and having a top 5 player and an Olympic-level power forward on your team gives you a major advantage. I guess a lot of people still believe James didn't necessarily need that to win a title.

But, that is water under the bridge at this point. They are certainly a fearsome team.

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 04:42 PM
RCF might be the largest cavs board on the net, but hardly representative of the thoughts of the fan base
It is just like any other board. There are quite a few posters over there that I have great respect for and, overall, it is a quality team board... But there are also quite a few dolts over there, some casual fans... Hell, even LeBron fans and fans of other teams that post there occassionally.

And many, including myself, don't even open Lebron James topics. I would say the majority of people interested in a thread like that on that board probably would be people wanting him to come back. Not surprising at all.

I like RCF quite a bit, btw.

toneloc103
02-25-2013, 05:02 PM
It is just like any other board. There are quite a few posters over there that I have great respect for and, overall, it is a quality team board... But there are also quite a few dolts over there, some casual fans... Hell, even LeBron fans and fans of other teams that post there occassionally.

And many, including myself, don't even open Lebron James topics. I would say the majority of people interested in a thread like that on that board probably would be people wanting him to come back. Not surprising at all.

I like RCF quite a bit, btw.

RBA, I am more of a cavs.com forum board myself. I actually dont like either of them, but there are all thats around. i actually come here for most of, if not all of my hoops info..

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 05:12 PM
RBA, I am more of a cavs.com forum board myself. I actually dont like either of them, but there are all thats around. i actually come here for most of, if not all of my hoops info..
Haven't spent much time on cavs.com. Mainly here and RCF. I will have to take a look.

secund2nun
02-25-2013, 05:47 PM
There are 3 teams Lebron plays for in 2014: Miami, Cleveland, or LA.

Money 23
02-25-2013, 05:57 PM
In 2010 the cavs were coming off a 29 point win vs the Celtics....all of the CAVS starters were in double Figures...they were leading the series 2 -1.
( again, they had the best record in the whole NBA...over a 82 game season) He was the primary Focus all season..

The next 3 games....he totally disengaged himself...had nothing to do with not having players.

It had everything to do with him ALREADY CHANGING HIS # FROM 23 - #6.....then conviently saying it has to do with Jordan?......yeah right.:rolleyes:
That's a bingo. He had already checked out. Bailed on that team in the middle of the series, just when they took the competitive advantage. Very odd. Who knows how well that Cavs team could've done if Bron didn't quit.

AlphaWolf24
02-25-2013, 06:47 PM
That's a bingo. He had already checked out. Bailed on that team in the middle of the series, just when they took the competitive advantage. Very odd. Who knows how well that Cavs team could've done if Bron didn't quit.

also...

someone else said he has Wade now.....That's why he looks better.

Rubbish...even when Wade is not on the court, Lebron still looks so much better From mid range and beyond.

Watching him play now is amazing....his Jumper is so much better and his ability to close games is phenomonal.

This past 2 seasons Lebron has looked engaged and Focused like never before.

what stands out is Him wanting to change his number before the 2010 playoff's.....and then stinking it up in games 4, 5, 6 of the Boston series.

I think he already knew he was going to lose that series....and leave Cleveland....

Money 23
02-25-2013, 07:16 PM
This past 2 seasons Lebron has looked engaged and Focused like never before.

what stands out is Him wanting to change his number before the 2010 playoff's.....and then stinking it up in games 4, 5, 6 of the Boston series.
Which makes the 2010 playoffs and 2011 Finals so odd the way he was detached and distant.

Why was he distant and non competitive then, but then has been so visibly engaged and focus from the 2012 post season forward?

I think he already knew he was going to lose that series....and leave Cleveland....
He absolutely had to have had a defeatist attitude before the series even began. And then it manifested itself into reality. There is no other explanation.

They went up 2 - 1 with a dominant performance v.s. the Celtics IN BOSTON. LeBron had one of the best playoff performances I've ever seen (21 point 1st quarter) and then let his foot off the gas the rest of the way.

It doesn't make sense unless you factor in the proposed number change, and the fact he most likely knew he would be somewhere else the next season and already kind of gave up.

lilgodfather1
02-25-2013, 07:50 PM
If we are in a position years from now where we really have to worry about being able to sign Kyrie, Tristan, Dion, Zeller and whoever we get this year, I will be ecstatic. Having a "problem" like OKC is that great kind of problem. Harden was too good a player not to be a centerpiece somewhere else.

The new CBA is much more beneficial to small markets than the previous one.

Not at all. It is less beneficial than before, since most small market contenders are built through the draft. When you build through the draft like Cleveland, and OKC you run into a situation where you have multiple top 5 picks on your team, and have a chance to have multiple max level players. With the punitive lexury tax that screws teams that draft well. Basically instead of the blue print being draft multiple all stars, it is draft a dynamic duo, and fill in the holes with mid level players. The Cavs have one of the richest owners in the NBA , and the new CBA cuts off his greatest asset at the knees.

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2013, 09:27 PM
Not at all. It is less beneficial than before, since most small market contenders are built through the draft. When you build through the draft like Cleveland, and OKC you run into a situation where you have multiple top 5 picks on your team, and have a chance to have multiple max level players. With the punitive lexury tax that screws teams that draft well. Basically instead of the blue print being draft multiple all stars, it is draft a dynamic duo, and fill in the holes with mid level players. The Cavs have one of the richest owners in the NBA , and the new CBA cuts off his greatest asset at the knees.
First of all, the very provision that you are referring to -- luxury tax -- was put in place to help teams in competitively disadvantageous markets. This stops the Knicks and Lakers of the world from just loading up on max contracts. That is the reason it was put in place.

So, citing it as the reason the Cavs won't be able to sign players isn't telling the whole story. It is also the reason the Heat are essentially stuck with what they have, unless they want to deal one of the 'Big 3.'

Hey, if Kyrie, Waiters, Thompson and Zeller all become max or close to max players, I'll take that trade-off every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Using OKC as a "worst scenario," salary-wise, doesn't exactly make me fret for the future. OKC ran into a situation where they struck gold on four draft picks. If the same happens in Cleveland, I'll take the possible salary repercussions.

But, that is a long way off and, in the meantime, this rule really limits the Miami's of the world... Not the Cavs. If we get there eventually, that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

Hoopz2332
07-31-2014, 01:20 PM

:D

LoneyROY7
07-31-2014, 01:25 PM
RBA in this thread. :roll:

Hoopz2332
07-31-2014, 01:27 PM
RBA in this thread. :roll:

:lol