PDA

View Full Version : OPEN YOUR EYES: Stern is DOING it AGAIN!

livinglegend
02-24-2013, 04:33 PM
He wants the Lakers in the playoffs and it s clear by the way the games are officiated lately.

Rockets getting screwed 3 straight games.
First OKC, but that doesnt count since they always get calls.
Then, Brooklyn Nets game had probably the worst officiated 4th quarter of the year. Phantom offensive foul on Rockets and no fouls call on Brooklyn.
Wizards getting superstar calls against Rockets yesterday.
Also, why is Harden FTA suddently lower. He was leading the league before all-star break. Now he cant get calls.

Lakers had a 20+ FTA advantage on Portland the other day. Also, at the end, a clear 3 pts given as a 2 for Portland.
TOday, Dallas getting owned by the refs in the 4th.

Stern :biggums:

flipogb
02-24-2013, 04:38 PM
if true, why did he wait for so long?

Rysio
02-24-2013, 04:51 PM
this isnt the refs, this is mamba coming for ring #6. and all you can do is just watch and let it happen cause its over. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bosnian Sajo
02-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Are you serious? Even when we are having a godawful season, you still think the league is rigged to favor us?

WindmiLL
02-24-2013, 04:53 PM

He probably thought that GodBe will atleast be able to make the playoffs without refs helping him with so many hofer's as teammates

tazb
02-24-2013, 04:53 PM

He was waiting for the right time, now the time has come (R.I.P. Dr. Jerry Buss), Stern knows what he's doing. Congrats to the Lakers on making it to the playoffs. :applause:

Vienceslav
02-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Greatest tragedy in sports: The sequel?:roll:

24r2
:lol stay salty bitches

takai
He wants the Lakers in the playoffs and it s clear by the way the games are officiated lately.

Then, Brooklyn Nets game had probably the worst officiated 4th quarter of the year. Phantom offensive foul on Rockets and no fouls call on Brooklyn.
Also, why is Harden FTA suddently lower. He was leading the league before all-star break. Now he cant get calls.

Lakers had a 20+ FTA advantage on Portland the other day. Also, at the end, a clear 3 pts given as a 2 for Portland.

Seriously? You're completely delusional.

albas89
The most disgusting part of it is how Artest is treated by the refs. The man commits about 10 fouls per game and he never fouls out...

This is ridiculous, not even Lebron and Durant are getting such treatment...

JellyBean
02-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Oh my word!!! What a joke. If that was the case, Stern would make sure that Kobe won the league MVP award as well.

Deuce Bigalow
02-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Says a Heat fan

NBASTATMAN
02-24-2013, 05:03 PM
I don't buy the whole scenario but I am sure that the Lakers will get help like they did tonight for the rest of the season. The Lakers missing the playoffs would be horrible for NBA revenue and TV ratings. So they will make it and get calls that change the momentum of games for the rest of the season..That I am sure of.

The first foul of Dirk would have taken the Mavs up from 3 to 5 if he would have made both frees,I believe they were instead awarded a tech and kobe made a shot to tie it..

Than Kobe missed a layup and a foul was called and a tech as well.

Dirk was also fouled again by MWP and got no call once again as he lost the ball.

:facepalm

TexasBloodMoney
02-24-2013, 05:06 PM
This is why I don't take sports too seriously. Teams like the lakers get favorable calls because they have the largest fanbase, thus bringing in the most revenue for the nba. So if my team wins, cool. If they don't, I don't care since the game is clearly fixed.

DMAVS41
02-24-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't buy the whole scenario but I am sure that the Lakers will get help like they did tonight for the rest of the season. The Lakers missing the playoffs would be horrible for NBA revenue and TV ratings. So they will make it and get calls that change the momentum of games for the rest of the season..That I am sure of.

The first foul of Dirk would have taken the Mavs up from 3 to 5 if he would have made both frees,I believe they were instead awarded a tech and kobe made a shot to tie it..

Than Kobe missed a layup and a foul was called and a tech as well.

Dirk was also fouled again by MWP and got no call once again as he lost the ball.

:facepalm

There is no conspiracy...just bad refs setting bad precedents with inconsistent calls.

The real problem is that refs let who a player is dictate how they call fouls. I understand that is going to happen, but it happens just way too much at times. And I'll be the first to admit that at times Dirk has gotten way too many calls. He did at times in 2011 in the playoffs and he certainly did in 2006 when the games were often just a joke with the way the games were called.

However, in terms of superstar respect on calls... Dirk just has always been disrespected. The game today is a perfect example. A clear foul against the home teams best player and one of the best 20 or so players of all time goes uncalled in a scenario that could potentially put the Mavs up 5. Like you said...the horrid no call then leads to a tech...then another terrible call on Mayo against Kobe leads to 3 undeserving free throws. Then Dirk is fouled again by MWP with no call that leads to a turnover.

No conspiracy, but it is just too hard to beat another team when that all happens in the last 4 minutes of the game...

boozehound
02-24-2013, 05:10 PM
no doubt there were some really bad calls against the mavs down the stretch. Not to mention the really weak Ts. Even JVG called out the one "foul" on the kb drive

wakencdukest
02-24-2013, 05:16 PM
World Peace did get away with a foul on Dirks shot. Poking the ball out of dirks hand could have been a foul because he did get his hand, but the refs rarely call that. Kobe did get hit on the bicep by OJ Mayo, it was clear as day, otherwise he wouldn't have missed that point blank layup. Go back and look at the replay. According to JVG that last call that Dirk got was questionable, brand set an illegal screen, and Vince Carter fouled Nash on the baseline drive. Op is obviously biased, there were missed calls both ways and Dallas got away with just as much. OP can eat a bag of d*cks.

NBASTATMAN
02-24-2013, 05:17 PM
There is no conspiracy...just bad refs setting bad precedents with inconsistent calls.

The real problem is that refs let who a player is dictate how they call fouls. I understand that is going to happen, but it happens just way too much at times. And I'll be the first to admit that at times Dirk has gotten way too many calls. He did at times in 2011 in the playoffs and he certainly did in 2006 when the games were often just a joke with the way the games were called.

However, in terms of superstar respect on calls... Dirk just has always been disrespected. The game today is a perfect example. A clear foul against the home teams best player and one of the best 20 or so players of all time goes uncalled in a scenario that could potentially put the Mavs up 5. Like you said...the horrid no call then leads to a tech...then another terrible call on Mayo against Kobe leads to 3 undeserving free throws. Then Dirk is fouled again by MWP with no call that leads to a turnover.

No conspiracy, but it is just too hard to beat another team when that all happens in the last 4 minutes of the game...

Almost impossible. Check 2002 WCF

BlackVVaves
02-24-2013, 05:18 PM

Well said, and completely agree. I think the refs were incompetent on both ends. But, why are posters behaving as if this is a newly birthed occurrence? The refs in this league, the NFL, and even the umpires in the MLB consistently make calls that we as fans have the opportunity to view at more accurate angles and through replay and just thru the lenses of common sense and compel us to wonder if they are mentally disabled.

But those who are up in arms screaming "CONSPIRACY!!" because their deepest fantasy of the Lakers missing the playoffs is slowly (though not surely) dissolving are quite literally what you call "f u c k boys." You just sound like misguided bitches in the back of a caravan of ignorance and emotional instability. Get your ****ing shit together and stop with this uncorrelated nonsense, the level of idiocy is truly burning my eyes.

****ing thanks. Carry on.

lilgodfather1
02-24-2013, 05:22 PM
More like Dan Gilbert tricked Stern into tricking the refs into screwing with the results of the games. Dan Gilbert wants that pick baby.

BlackVVaves
02-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Almost impossible. Check 2002 WCF

A bad ref or refs constitutes Stern pulling proverbial strings? Are you really that dense? You think Stern would jeopardize compromising his league and the millions it puts in his pockets and the power it instills in his veins just for ratings? Are you really serious right now?

You people need new day jobs, you have too much time on your hands submerging in your hate for one organization or player. It's amusing though, especially for someone who isn't even a Laker fan. 2006 was even more glaring in referee incompetence, but 2002 is steadily the flavor of the day.

shaq2000
02-24-2013, 05:28 PM
So many conspiracy theorists on ISH.

SpecialQue
02-24-2013, 05:38 PM
OP: http://www.newrepublic.com/sites/default/files/migrated/alexjones2.jpg

DaSeba5
02-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Stern is not doing shit. The Lakers got some calls, but overall they are playing well right now.

creepingdeath
02-24-2013, 05:39 PM
The refs were horrible. However, if Kobe doesn't get insanely hot in the 4th, all the bad calls in the world don't help LA win this one.
There is no conspiracy.

livinglegend
02-24-2013, 05:41 PM
So many of the posters are naive. The refs and the NBA are having a big hand in the outcomes of many of the games and you guys cant even see it. I love this sport, but at the end of the day, it s business. NBA would make much more money with LAL than Utah or Houston.

If you pay closely attention to the games, you ll see many ways in which the refs put their fingerprints on the game:

- When a team has something like 5 lead, they suddenly call an offensive foul on the team or a phantom defensive foul or a 3 second violation. That call changes their whole momentum. ( Watch last Heat-Lakers game and you ll see)

- Foul trouble: they put in foul trouble a key player of the opposing team ( game 7 LAL-HOU, Yao and Dikembe both injuried, Hayes in foul trouble 2 min into the gm) (Heat-Celtics game 3, Lebron fouled out. Make up game for game 2)

- 50-50 calls always go to the team that they want to win.

- Huge Ft difference between both teams. THey are using this less because viewers are more aware of this. ( 2002 WCF)

- Phantom offensive fouls and defensive fouls in close 4th quarter games where each possession counts.

livinglegend
02-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Stern is not doing shit. The Lakers got some calls, but overall they are playing well right now.
What if Mavs the home team got those calls instead. Would they have won this close gm?

DaSeba5
02-24-2013, 05:47 PM
What if Mavs the home team got those calls instead. Would they have won this close gm?

It doesn't matter. LA got some calls, but there isn't some giant conspiracy. People always act like Stern runs the NBA as some puppet master, which is hilarious when people say he helped the Heat win their championships. As if helping a Miami team against a bigger market in Dallas with a international star in Dirk helps the NBA's cause.

ispin69
02-24-2013, 05:48 PM
MWP makes blatant fouls on Dirk and Mavs, no call.
Calling a ref by name, swinging your arm frustrated it was a ticky tac foul with barely any contact on that play = TWO technicals

When the commentators like VanGundy start talking about how bad the calls are..you know it's bad. Not like he has a dog in the race.

SpecialQue
02-24-2013, 05:50 PM
It doesn't matter. LA got some calls, but there isn't some giant conspiracy. People always act like Stern runs the NBA as some puppet master, which is hilarious when people say he helped the Heat win their championships. As if helping a Miami team against a bigger market in Dallas with a international star in Dirk helps the NBA's cause.

Once again, an NBA that was blatantly in favor of the Lakers would NEVER have vetoed the CP3 trade. There is also no way in hell that a team that's been proven to be ratings poison (the Spurs) would have been "allowed" to get to the finals as much as they did.

NBASTATMAN
02-24-2013, 05:50 PM
A bad ref or refs constitutes Stern pulling proverbial strings? Are you really that dense? You think Stern would jeopardize compromising his league and the millions it puts in his pockets and the power it instills in his veins just for ratings? Are you really serious right now?

You people need new day jobs, you have too much time on your hands submerging in your hate for one organization or player. It's amusing though, especially for someone who isn't even a Laker fan. 2006 was even more glaring in referee incompetence, but 2002 is steadily the flavor of the day.

No it doesn't!! It could have nothing to do with Stern. Are you too young to remember Donaghy? The games can be influenced by refs, POINT BLANK. We watched one that was influenced by the refs today...

I don't buy the whole conspiracy thing but I am sure that the Lakers will get the call they need late in games

DaSeba5
02-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Once again, an NBA that was blatantly in favor of the Lakers would NEVER have vetoed the CP3 trade. There is also no way in hell that a team that's been proven to be ratings poison (the Spurs) would have been "allowed" to get to the finals as much as they did.

Exactly.

chazzy
02-24-2013, 05:54 PM
The bad calls were the ones involving Dirk and Metta. Mayo got called for a technical in the same fashion Kobe got one earlier in the game for punching the air, and there was (minor) contact on the foul anyway. So basically 2 bad calls leads to cries for conspiracy? What about the soft Dirk and 1 and the Dwight moving screen? Or the noncall moving screen for the Mayo 3 at the end?

DMAVS41
02-24-2013, 05:59 PM
The bad calls were the ones involving Dirk and Metta. Mayo got called for a technical in the same fashion Kobe got one earlier in the game for punching the air, and there was (minor) contact on the foul anyway. So basically 2 bad calls leads to cries for conspiracy? What about the soft Dirk and 1 and the Dwight moving screen? Or the noncall moving screen for the Mayo 3 at the end?

I think the technical on Dirk was deserved. Don't think Mayo deserved it though. Comparing the moving screen at the end (which didn't impact the game at all) to a clear foul on Dirk with a chance to go up 5 is just not a fair assessment.

Also, it is more about the consistency. If you are going to let MWP get away with fouling Dirk on a jumper and bumping him all possession...you simply can't call a touch foul at best on the kobe layup. And then turn around and let MWP hit Dirk again on the turnover with no call.

It wasn't like there were all these horrible calls, but they call came at very crucial times...and the bad calls led to technicals.

NBASTATMAN
02-24-2013, 06:11 PM

How about Kobe sliding his feet every time he comes to a stop. They called two and they missed two.. You forgot those.. :roll:

NBASTATMAN
02-24-2013, 06:14 PM
I think the technical on Dirk was deserved. Don't think Mayo deserved it though. Comparing the moving screen at the end (which didn't impact the game at all) to a clear foul on Dirk with a chance to go up 5 is just not a fair assessment.

Also, it is more about the consistency. If you are going to let MWP get away with fouling Dirk on a jumper and bumping him all possession...you simply can't call a touch foul at best on the kobe layup. And then turn around and let MWP hit Dirk again on the turnover with no call.

It wasn't like there were all these horrible calls, but they call came at very crucial times...and the bad calls led to technicals.

If Dirk gets free throws he wouldn't have gotten the tech.

ProfessorMurder
02-24-2013, 06:16 PM
The last 3 Laker games against Boston, Portland and Dallas had them netting 46 more free throws than those teams. That's 15.3 more FTAs per game.

If you take out the 3 defensive 3 second technicals, then the Lakers shot 16.3 more free throws per game than the opposing team.

Face it, they're getting significantly more calls.

Riley Martin
02-24-2013, 06:18 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003499799/262326544_conspiracy_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

NBASTATMAN
02-24-2013, 06:26 PM
The last 3 Laker games against Boston, Portland and Dallas had them netting 46 more free throws than those teams. That's 15.3 more FTAs per game.

If you take out the 3 defensive 3 second technicals, then the Lakers shot 16.3 more free throws per game than the opposing team.

:eek: :rant :wtf:

chazzy
02-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Boston, Portland, and the Mavs are ranked 21st, 22nd, and 19th in FTA. The Lakers are #1. Conspiracy!

NBASTATMAN
02-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Boston, Portland, and the Mavs are ranked 21st, 22nd, and 19th in FTA. The Lakers are #1. Conspiracy!

I thought the Heat would be first .. :eek:

chazzy
02-24-2013, 06:49 PM
I thought the Heat would be first .. :eek:
Dwight effect

SpecialQue
02-24-2013, 06:49 PM

The funny thing is that people are going to point to free throws as a conspiracy, while conveniently ignoring that players actively foul Dwight on purpose because he shoots free throws worse than a comatose paraplegic.

chazzy
02-24-2013, 06:50 PM
The funny thing is that people are going to point to free throws as a conspiracy, while conveniently ignoring that players actively foul Dwight on purpose because he shoots free throws worse than a comatose paraplegic.
Don't insult the paraplegic like that

livinglegend
02-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Dwight effect
Kobe is averaging more fta than Lebron. :biggums:

ProfessorMurder
02-24-2013, 06:53 PM

The Lakers are as much of a jumshooting team as any of those others. The Lakers are 3rd in the league in 3s per game. They just get a lot of calls.

livinglegend
02-24-2013, 06:54 PM

Stern is using FTA less nowadays.
He has much more advanced techniques.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-24-2013, 07:03 PM

atleast he can do is get them in playoffs...and pay tribute to a owner off of him...he made millions

Living Being
02-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Kobe just hands the refs $5 before the game.

chazzy
02-24-2013, 07:11 PM
The Lakers are as much of a jumshooting team as any of those others. The Lakers are 3rd in the league in 3s per game. They just get a lot of calls.
They're the 2nd fastest team in the league and the fouls Dwight gets puts them in the penalty early. When you have two superstar type players who draw so many fouls its no surprise really.

Shepseskaf
02-24-2013, 07:14 PM
If there wasn't a long and sordid history of biased officiating - with the blessing of Dictator Stern - I could buy the "refs just made some bad calls" in this game.

But its happened far too often to give him, or the refs, any benefit of doubt. Its why the league has such low credibility among persons who loosely follow the game, but aren't fans.

When I talk to people about the game and mention Stern, the first thing that usually comes out of their mouths is, "he's crooked", or some similar thought.

I'm glad he's finally "retiring" in a little bit, but nothing will change. The refs will continue to influence key, high profile games with biased calls, people will complain about it, and nothing will be done.

chazzy
02-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Also, Dwight's Magic were routinely around top 5 in FTA despite all the 3s they took. He really has a big effect

livinglegend
02-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Also, Dwight's Magic were routinely around top 5 in FTA despite all the 3s they took. He really has a big effect

You are acting as if he was averaging 20FTA per gm. He s not even leading the league in FTA. He is not the only reason why they are #1.

noob cake
02-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Rockets are getting screwed so hard.

NBA is beyond rigged. The Lakers franchise is built entirely through the works of the NBA corporate office.

chazzy
02-24-2013, 07:29 PM
You are acting as if he was averaging 20FTA per gm. He s not even leading the league in FTA. He is not the only reason why they are #1.
He draws a lot of fouls which puts them in the penalty. Combine that with another elite scorer who gets to the line well and you end up with a lot of FTs.

livinglegend
02-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Rockets are getting screwed so hard.

NBA is beyond rigged. The Lakers franchise is built entirely through the works of the NBA corporate office.

Poor the Rockets, I knew that was coming and this is why I watched their games after the all-star break. 3 straight games in which they were screwed.

shadow
02-24-2013, 07:56 PM
This is obviously a setup. Infact this whole season has been one to get the lakers into the playoffs, Kobe the MVP and eventually a finals MVP as they complete the biggest come from behind championship run ever in history of western civilization.
Think about it. Kobe + trash teammates, dragged into the playoffs in a season of "turmoil", then fight all the way to the finals beating the NBA's bogeyman Lebron James' heat in a hard fought 4 game sweep and then Kobe can comeback next year, repeat and retire, having surpassed MJ and totally diminishing every accomplishment poor Mike had in the league. Stern hated Jordan it's obvious. In fact strong evidence exists that the whole thing was a setup between him and Jerry Buss (including the manipulation of the 96 draft to get Kobe to LA) from the very beginning, it was all about Mike.

NBASTATMAN
02-24-2013, 07:58 PM
This is obviously a setup. Infact this whole season has been one to get the lakers into the playoffs, Kobe the MVP and eventually a finals MVP as they complete the biggest come from behind championship run ever in history of western civilization.
Think about it. Kobe + trash teammates, dragged into the playoffs in a season of "turmoil", then fight all the way to the finals beating the NBA's bogeyman Lebron James' heat in a hard fought 4 game sweep and then Kobe can comeback next year, repeat and retire, having surpassed MJ and totally diminishing every accomplishment poor Mike had in the league. Stern hated Jordan it's obvious. In fact strong evidence exists that the whole thing was a setup between him and Jerry Buss (including the manipulation of the 96 draft to get Kobe to LA) from the very beginning, it was all about Mike.

:cheers:

DMAVS41
02-24-2013, 08:03 PM
although my mavs lost today and probably sadly ends any small chance of making a run...i do want the lakers to make the playoffs...certainly over the boring ass jazz.

there is no conspiracy. just bad refs dealing with crap rules and mandates from the league...and public perceptions and biases...etc.

creepingdeath
02-24-2013, 08:18 PM
although my mavs lost today and probably sadly ends any small chance of making a run...i do want the lakers to make the playoffs...certainly over the boring ass jazz.

there is no conspiracy. just bad refs dealing with crap rules and mandates from the league...and public perceptions and biases...etc.
Funny thing is.. I bet Dallas wins both against Houston and helps LA make the playoffs, while they themselves won't make it.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/164488_506221576090942_347493670_n.jpg

senelcoolidge
02-24-2013, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. They are looking for a great story. This is it for this season. Why can't the refs officiate the game by the book and let things be. Stop manipulating things for ratings. It makes the NBA look like a joke..not real.

#1SportsFan86
02-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Glad I didn't see the game...:mad:

Anyway the Lakers make money for the NBA and the NBA is gonna make sure the Lakers get in the playoffs and ESPN is gonna love it, I would hate to be the team that has to play Stern's Lakers in round 1 because that team is getting no love from the refs.

nbarumorz
02-24-2013, 08:42 PM
nba refs suck

/thread

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-24-2013, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. They are looking for a great story. This is it for this season. Why can't the refs officiate the game by the book and let things be. Stop manipulating things for ratings. It makes the NBA look like a joke..not real.

The nba lost credibilty acter the CP3 trade and he hornets getting NO 1 PICK

twintowers
02-24-2013, 09:01 PM

No ref could've stopped prime Duncan....
When you want something done you do it profesionally...

sportsfan76
02-24-2013, 09:21 PM
OP

Step away from the computer and STOP POSTING. You sound like a NEW RETARD

no pun intended
02-24-2013, 09:25 PM

Someone is afraid.

SpecialQue
02-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Someone is afraid.

Homie's legs are shaking like Michael J Fox.

HEAT111
02-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Lakers = $$$$

Droid101
02-24-2013, 09:45 PM

Really? Seriously?

They have Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant.

TheBigVeto
02-24-2013, 09:49 PM

LOL, and this is a surprise, how?

I called this long time ago.

MAC system
02-24-2013, 10:01 PM
bad calls happen every game, stop ****ing whining you babies. i guarantee you can watch any game and anyone could argue there's a conspiracy for any team because of bad calls. stop ****ing whining an realize officials are people and make mistakes in both directions. ****ing babies.

MAC system
02-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Homie's legs are shaking like Michael J Fox.
no one is afraid of the lakers, except maybe the jazz for taking their playoff spot.

Xsatyr
02-24-2013, 10:04 PM
bad calls happen every game, stop ****ing whining you babies. i guarantee you can watch any game and anyone could argue there's a conspiracy for any team because of bad calls. stop ****ing whining an realize officials are people and make mistakes in both directions. ****ing babies.

You should prob start watching Rockets games, it's becoming way too obvious.

MAC system
02-24-2013, 10:06 PM
You should prob start watching Rockets games, it's becoming way too obvious.
rigging against the rockets? Really? REALLY? are you people this ****ing dense? what's the point of rigging for the lakers when they're most likely going to get swept in the first round anyways.

Xsatyr
02-24-2013, 11:58 PM
rigging against the rockets? Really? REALLY? are you people this ****ing dense? what's the point of rigging for the lakers when they're most likely going to get swept in the first round anyways.

Do you really have to ask? Bigger market, more money if Lakers make it to the playoffs. It's not like the Rockets have much of a chance advancing either.

MAC system
02-25-2013, 02:16 AM
Do you really have to ask? Bigger market, more money if Lakers make it to the playoffs. It's not like the Rockets have much of a chance advancing either.
You clearly have no understanding of how tv deals work. They will not receive anymore money if the lakers are in the playoffs or not. These tv deals have been signed and set in stone for awhile. There is no laker incentive. The lakers are truly an awful team, and will be swept first round anyways. At best they'll win one game, that doesn't help stern at all.

livinglegend
02-25-2013, 02:28 AM

Just watch the 4th quarters of Rockets s last 3 games and you ll understand what we are talking about. I can understand that bad calls can happen since the refs are humans, but 3 straight games and one bad call after the other. Something is wrong.

Xsatyr
02-25-2013, 04:15 AM
You clearly have no understanding of how tv deals work. They will not receive anymore money if the lakers are in the playoffs or not. These tv deals have been signed and set in stone for awhile. There is no laker incentive. The lakers are truly an awful team, and will be swept first round anyways. At best they'll win one game, that doesn't help stern at all.

Tv ratings and commercials... You see the connection? More ratings = higher cost for commercials. Not too mention extra merchandise purchased during playoffs runs. Jersey, shoes, caps, etc. It's a spiral effect.

Shaquille O'Neal
02-25-2013, 04:40 AM
To you idiots that think there's "no way" there could be an official BIAS / conspiracy orchestrated by Stern (and obviously you've never seen the 2002 WCF or believe former ref Tim Donaghy) let me ask you a question:

Do you still believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy? Cause this is a business, and everyone gets more money with the Laker$ making the playoffs. Don't be so naive.

"Mr. Stern - which teams would you like to see play each other in the finals?"

"The Lakers vs the Lakers"

If you don't think these games are being rigged, you must have a child-like view of the world. :facepalm

chazzy
02-25-2013, 04:53 AM
To you idiots that think there's "no way" there could be an official BIAS / conspiracy orchestrated by Stern (and obviously you've never seen the 2002 WCF or believe former ref Tim Donaghy) let me ask you a question:

Do you still believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy? Cause this is a business, and everyone gets more money with the Laker$ making the playoffs. Don't be so naive.

"Mr. Stern - which teams would you like to see play each other in the finals?"

"The Lakers vs the Lakers"

If you don't think these games are being rigged, you must have a child-like view of the world. :facepalm
Unless someone gives legitimate empirical evidence of rigging, then everything you guys are saying is meaningless. You're going off of emotion and deductions based on theory of markets and ratings, not substance. Try going through games individually in a vacuum, gather ALL calls, and assess how many calls are bogus. Then see if there is a noticeable trend. I made a thread breaking down the entire LA/Kings G6 4th quarter and made a case for there only being 2 or so legitimately bad calls in that quarter. No one could really make a case for there being as many bad calls as people like to believe, and the general agreement was that after looking at each foul, there was no clear evidence of rigging.

Money 23
02-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Stern didn't rig that game. That was old killa Kobe putting daggers in Dallas.

DirtySanchez
02-25-2013, 05:29 AM
Oh good lord here it is again.....

Stern loves the Lakers so much like the time he took CP3 away Tom them right?
SMH

No_Look604
02-25-2013, 07:46 AM
Bout muthafc**kin time!! I think Kobe's earned it.

Where as Lebron, in his supposed prime peak, along side the supposedly 2nd best SG of all-time....and Chris Bosh a legit first option on other teams...gets all the help? GTFO. Fair is Fair.

Shepseskaf
02-25-2013, 08:00 AM
At this point, I don't know which is more annoying -- the blatant game manipulation by the refs, or the people who refuse to acknowledge that its happening, mainly because their team benefits.

wally_world
02-25-2013, 08:29 AM
In other news, Apple announces the revolutionary iPhone with touchscreen capabilities and all!

Derka
02-25-2013, 10:22 AM
You are either telling the worst joke ever or completely insane.

NumberSix
02-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Look, I'm a Laker fan and I'll admit that the end of the Lakers/Mavs game was BS. Mavs got robbed. Some of you are talking it too far with these Rockets conspiracies though. You really think the NBA is colluding to push the Rockets out of the playoffs? I can't see that.

MVBallin2K
02-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Just as this thread gets bumped, Metta gets a T for pitching a small complaint. Yep, things sure are biased to the Lakers :oldlol:

SCREWstonRockets
02-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Look, I'm a Laker fan and I'll admit that the end of the Lakers/Mavs game was BS. Mavs got robbed. Some of you are talking it too far with these Rockets conspiracies though. You really think the NBA is colluding to push the Rockets out of the playoffs? I can't see that.

There is history man, Rockets vs Mavs 2005 playoffs. Where Mafia Ref Tim Donnywho admitted they fixed the series because JVG said he was told that the refs were directed to target Yao Ming and they asked JVG to tell them who told him that and JVG DID NOT SNITCH (they fined him 100K).

But in this case, it's just that the rockets are #8 and are the youngest and least experienced. You know, that makes it easier to fix games for them to lose. Duh.

We all know Lakers = Ratings.

:lol

bagelred
02-25-2013, 11:01 PM
In other news, Apple announces the revolutionary iPhone with touchscreen capabilities and all!

What is this "iphone" you speak of? Is that a phone for deaf people?