02-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Who do you got?

Gallo (24)
33 mpg, 16.9 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.4 apg, 1.6 TO, 0.9 stl
43% FG, 37% 3p, 81% FT

George (22)
38 mpg, 17.6 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 4 apg, 2.9 TO, 1.8 stl
43% FG, 39% 3p, 81% FT

Gallo is better at getting to the line while George is a better defender (not as much as people think). Both are leaders on good teams.

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-WJ328_COUNT0_G_20130214210701.jpg
do not know if that is an acurate list

Connor B
02-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Paul George by a country miles. That Italian ****** is one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

Scoooter
02-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Paul George because he's black.

kurple
02-24-2013, 07:01 PM
this is why i wouldnt swap gallo with george

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k__TMj7Vdec

dude is cold as ice

no pun intended
02-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Paul George by a country miles. That Italian ****** is one of the most inconsistent players in the league.
This.

One day he's like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z732QW-MkbI

Another day he's like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqsoUNbmvvY

NuggetsFan
02-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Gallo was averaging like 17.3 points per game before he got hurt these past 2 games. Minutes were really reduced and last game only took 3 shots, all 3 being 3 pointers.

I'd take George because once again Gallo is proving he can't stay healthy. George has more potential as well, and while I do believe Gallo is the more talented player he isn't as consistent as George. Gallo kinda has the Lawson problem too, he isn't assertive enough. He's Denver's leading scorer but he's not featured enough consistently, there will be stretches where Corey Brewer takes more shots than him in a quarter. Needs to be more assertive all tho one of Gallo's best attributes in my opinion is the fact that he's great at playing within the flow of the offense. He's really underrated defensively too.

Give me George. Gallo's really starting to remind me of Nene.

brandonislegend
02-24-2013, 07:03 PM
PG

kurple
02-24-2013, 07:05 PM
This.

One day he's like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z732QW-MkbI

Another day he's like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqsoUNbmvvY
dem lies!!

gallo is monster clutch. even the best makes mistakes

Segatti
02-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Kyrie is the anti-Kobe in the clutch :cheers:

kurple
02-24-2013, 07:06 PM
and where is this gallo is to inconsistent stuff coming from?

Gallo has been very consistent after his first 1 1/2 months.

+ they got the same FG%

T-Low
02-24-2013, 07:08 PM
George. I will take the consistency throughout the full game. He may not be a great clutch performer but he is still quite young. You can learn and progress.

SilkkTheShocker
02-24-2013, 07:10 PM
I would go with George. But I like both players a lot.

NuggetsFan
02-24-2013, 07:11 PM
and where is this gallo is to inconsistent stuff coming from?

Gallo has been very consistent after his first 1 1/2 months.

+ they got the same FG%

Gallo was downright awful at the start of the season. Shooting like 38% from the floor, below 30% from 3. He's been up and down his entire career, he had one good month, one really good month, was looking good so far and than he got hurt again. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him average 14-16 the rest of the way. Gallo's also the king of having a really good stretch and than throwing up a 2-13 night for 11 points or something like that. Even the month where he averaged 19+ a game had a few 30% shooting games.

Gallo is inconsistent. Look at his FT shooting. He's shooting like 80% this year, after being a really good FT shooter his entire career. Volume is the same as last year, where he shot 87%.

Teanett
02-24-2013, 07:15 PM
paul george because he's a very good defender.

SilkkTheShocker
02-24-2013, 07:17 PM
paul george because he's a very good defender.

DG is a good defender in his own right.

ProfessorMurder
02-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Gallo is more clutch, George fills out the stat sheet a little more.
Gallo is more inconsistent, George still hasn't figured it all out.

George has more potential so I'd take him, but I like Gallo a tad more. They'd both be worse if you swapped their teams.

NuggetsFan
02-24-2013, 07:29 PM
They'd both be worse if you swapped their teams.

I don't watch enough Pacer games to comment on this but Denver spreads the ball around probably more than anybody in the league. I don't know if Danilo would be better on another team but I think he'd fill the stat sheet up alot more on other teams. He's relegated to a spot up shooter alot with Denver, doesn't get to handle the ball enough with Iggy/Lawson/Miller. We are a running team and I don't think Gallo really thrives in that area, it's always Brewer leaking out or Iggy and Faried or Lawson going full throttle.

One of the best aspects of his game is getting to the line and drawing contact and I don't think he gets enough of a chance to do that in Denver.

I remember reading that Denver turned down a trade from Memphis that was a Rudy for Gallo swap. I have no idea if that's true but if it was I can believe it because while Rudy is the better individual, Gallo plays more within the flow of things which is extremely important with what Denver's trying to do. I'm not so sure that's the best thing from an individual standpoint.

Done_And_Done
02-24-2013, 07:38 PM
At this point in their respective careers I think you'd have to take the all star

spacebump
02-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Galo isn't the leader of the Nuggets.

NuggetsFan
02-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Galo isn't the leader of the Nuggets.

Kinda is. As much as anybody else anyways. He'll give it to Mozzy or Kosta is they make a mistake, takes accountability for himself, hits the big shots. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, I'd imagine Karl is probably the leader in that area.

Only vet we have is Miller and he wanted out and doesn't even believe in this team and takes ridiculous shots that lose us games :oldlol: .. Iggy has struggled with confidence issues it appears the entire year.

Blue&Orange
02-24-2013, 07:48 PM
I love Gallo, but i have to go with Paul George, because he has been improving a lot faster than Gallo, and if he isn't already the better player soon he will be.

Paul George will never do this though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2UW7ofGLM

:bowdown:

dgaras
02-24-2013, 08:30 PM
gallo. too easy. he isnt even the first option on the team.

Funnyfuka
02-25-2013, 12:12 AM
gallo is white, so tall, lanky, slower, less explosive/athletic. Genetics, as simple as that. But he has insane skills. Too bad he s so inconsistent.

GoRapz
02-25-2013, 01:42 AM
I love Gallo, but i have to go with Paul George, because he has been improving a lot faster than Gallo, and if he isn't already the better player soon he will be.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

IamSofaKing
02-25-2013, 02:15 AM
George, better everything except offense, but that will come in time.

Higher upside and still young.

Rekindled
02-25-2013, 02:20 AM
George, better everything except offense, but that will come in time.

Higher upside and still young.

gallo is only 2 years older though. george is 22, gallo is 24

Bigsmoke
02-25-2013, 03:06 AM
gallo is only 2 years older though. george is 22, gallo is 24

Danilo Gallinari has like... NO protential tho. and plus he is injury prone so i doubt he would get any better than is already is right now.

bdreason
02-25-2013, 03:13 AM
For this season, or for a playoff series, I'll take Gallo.

Moving forward, I would go with George.

wally_world
02-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Give me both. They'll form a hellava combination on the wings for years to come.

Horatio33
02-25-2013, 08:54 AM
OP is a Nuggets homer. Remember when he was a Melo stan. How's that working out for you Kurple?

JerryWest
02-25-2013, 08:56 AM

amazing pass ruined by the commentator :mad:

roffie
02-25-2013, 09:50 AM
PG

JerryWest
02-25-2013, 09:51 AM
pg

Jasi
02-25-2013, 10:01 AM
It really depends on the other guys I have in the team, but in general I'd pick the more talented guy in Gallo

kurple
02-25-2013, 12:16 PM
OP is a Nuggets homer. Remember when he was a Melo stan. How's that working out for you Kurple?
my middle name is horatio.

youre a disgrace to the name

and i was/is a nuggets stan. never a melo stan

kurple
02-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Danilo Gallinari has like... NO protential tho. and plus he is injury prone so i doubt he would get any better than is already is right now.
sarcasm? no potential :biggums:

i guess i can agree with the ones picking George, but some of the logic here is a bit flawed

Gallo is not as inconsistent as people want him to be. Not any more inconsitent than 70% of the jumpshooters in the league.

I would want him to be more consistently agressive (getting to the line etc). But his jumpshot isnt any more inconsistent than George.

70% of todays perimiterplayers could be considered inconsistent.

Is George just as inconsistent or just a consistently low % shooter?

I also dont want my go to guy to be the least clutch player in the game (at the moment)

kurple
02-25-2013, 12:29 PM
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9643/supergallo.jpg

mentallooser
02-25-2013, 01:05 PM
I'll take George, but that isn't a knock on Gallo. He has as much potential as almost anyone in the league. His recent improvements in driving to the basket have really impressed me. Paul George has the potential to be Scottie Pippen so he wins this one on potential alone. Gallo can be a great player though if he can improve himself every year.

NugzFan
02-25-2013, 01:10 PM

i think you are forgetting who started that whole mess in the first place.

NugzFan
02-25-2013, 01:12 PM
I'll take George, but that isn't a knock on Gallo. He has as much potential as almost anyone in the league. His recent improvements in driving to the basket have really impressed me. Paul George has the potential to be Scottie Pippen so he wins this one on potential alone. Gallo can be a great player though if he can improve himself every year.

:eek:

LikeABosh
02-25-2013, 01:26 PM
George Paul by a mile. His ceiling is way higher, way better defender.

Dro
02-25-2013, 01:33 PM

i guess i can agree with the ones picking George, but some of the logic here is a bit flawed

Gallo is not as inconsistent as people want him to be. Not any more inconsitent than 70% of the jumpshooters in the league.

I would want him to be more consistently agressive (getting to the line etc). But his jumpshot isnt any more inconsistent than George.

I also dont want my go to guy to be the least clutch player in the game (at the moment)
George has bad shot selection...Well not bad but not great...

mentallooser
02-25-2013, 01:40 PM
:eek:
I said potential, I doubt it'll happen.

NugzFan
02-25-2013, 02:04 PM
I said potential, I doubt it'll happen.

still you compared george to pippen.

hence :eek:

mentallooser
02-25-2013, 02:07 PM
still you compared george to pippen.

hence :eek:

His perimeter defense is pretty great and he's getting better from year to year. He's developing a jump shot and can hop out the gym. I see plenty to compare him to Pippen. Jordan had a lot of do with Pippen's development though and I don't see that happening to George though.

NugzFan
02-25-2013, 02:12 PM
His perimeter defense is pretty great and he's getting better from year to year. He's developing a jump shot and can hop out the gym. I see plenty to compare him to Pippen. Jordan had a lot of do with Pippen's development though and I don't see that happening to George though.

when george actually gets anywhere near how good pippen was, let me know.

mentallooser
02-25-2013, 02:18 PM
I'll be sure to mark it on my future calendar.

NugzFan
02-25-2013, 02:20 PM
I'll be sure to mark it on my future calendar.

:cheers:

Whoah10115
02-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Scottie Pippen was the all-time point forward. I don't see any point forward in Paul George's game. He can handle the ball and he can pass a bit, but he's more of a scorer than a point forward.

I can see some similarities, as I can see in most all-around SF's who are great defenders. But how exactly can he be Scottie Pippen when Pippen excelled at being something that George is not?

mentallooser
02-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Scottie Pippen was the all-time point forward. I don't see any point forward in Paul George's game. He can handle the ball and he can pass a bit, but he's more of a scorer than a point forward.

I can see some similarities, as I can see in most all-around SF's who are great defenders. But how exactly can he be Scottie Pippen when Pippen excelled at being something that George is not?
George is more of a scorer because the Pacers offense isn't setup to allow a point forward to thrive. I've seen him try, but the offense is an absolute mess which is sad because the team has the offensive pieces to make it work. Again I'm not saying he'll be Pippen, only that he has the potential to be.

NugzFan
02-25-2013, 02:31 PM
George is more of a scorer because the Pacers offense isn't setup to allow a point forward to thrive. I've seen him try, but the offense is an absolute mess which is sad because the team has the offensive pieces to make it work. Again I'm not saying he'll be Pippen, only that he has the potential to be.

so "potential to be" means he could be almost as good as pippen but never will? :confusedshrug:

im not sure how old you are but maybe you dont actually know how good pippen was back when he played.

there are quality wings like george every single year in the nba. none are even remotely close to pippen or should be in the same discussion. case in point: george is being compared to gallo right now and its a close debate.

gasolina
02-25-2013, 02:34 PM
It's weird and amazing in a way how Small Forwards are now characterized with the point-forward position that Scottie started, then Grant Hill, and now Lebron.

mentallooser
02-25-2013, 02:37 PM
so "potential to be" means he could be almost as good as pippen but never will? :confusedshrug:

im not sure how old you are but maybe you dont actually know how good pippen was back when he played.

there are quality wings like george every single year in the nba. none are even remotely close to pippen or should be in the same discussion. case in point: george is being compared to gallo right now and its a close debate.

Wow you're clearly taking my statement way too far. I remember Pippen very well. He's one of my top 3 favorite players all-time. I'm not saying George will ever be as good as Pippen, only that he has the physical potential to be another Pippen. If you disagree then you disagree dude, it isn't that big of a deal to where you need to act bent out of shape about it.

NugzFan
02-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Wow you're clearly taking my statement way too far. I remember Pippen very well. He's one of my top 3 favorite players all-time. I'm not saying George will ever be as good as Pippen, only that he has the physical potential to be another Pippen. If you disagree then you disagree dude, it isn't that big of a deal to where you need to act bent out of shape about it.

what do you mean by potential?

im saying its a 0% chance. you seem to be implying its higher. :confusedshrug:

mentallooser
02-25-2013, 02:42 PM
what do you mean by potential?

im saying its a 0% chance. you seem to be implying its higher. :confusedshrug:

like 5% yea. He has the physical gifts to do it. That alone is impressive to me and puts him above Gallo for me. He won't do it because putting all of those gifts together to combine into a talent like Pippen is once in a lifetime at best.

Whoah10115
02-25-2013, 02:57 PM

I understand what you're saying, but do you actually see any point forward in him? Maybe he has qualities, but I don't see him ever being a point forward or really resembling one.

mentallooser
02-25-2013, 03:02 PM
I understand what you're saying, but do you actually see any point forward in him? Maybe he has qualities, but I don't see him ever being a point forward or really resembling one.
Yea, I see it in him. But like I've said, I seriously doubt any of it will come to fruition. Pippen was a perfect storm of skills, mindset, and team placement.

Dro
12-03-2013, 02:20 AM
Interesting...

JimmyMcAdocious
12-03-2013, 02:23 AM
The doesn't play like Pippen.

Bigsmoke
12-03-2013, 02:23 AM

:no:

Dro
12-03-2013, 02:26 AM
Don't worry, Ill call you in a few more years when he continues doing what he's doing...

FKAri
12-03-2013, 03:14 AM
Gallo doesn't seem to want to work on his game much. He's satisfied with just being a talent.

Meanwhile PG showed that drive and hunger in the playoffs last year and had continued it into this season.