PDA

View Full Version : Why I Blame Kobe. A Laker Fan Comes Clean

Ass Dan
02-25-2013, 09:56 AM
All we do now is blow smoke up 24s ass. Funny thing is I should be loving it, he is my favorite player and he has brought so much to my team, but I can't help but notice what I notice this season.

Wasn't long ago everyone dumped shit on him, but then he won another two chips and now has become completely untouchable to everyone, even the media and the messageboard nerds (us).

I think I liked the old days better.

This year he has a great supporting cast, and he hasn't done shit (except string a few wins as of late against mediocre teams).

Why is that?

Well we got Dwight, but all of a sudden he isn't getting touches. At this point in their careers, Dwight IS THE BETTER PLAYER but we will never get to see that come to fruition this season because Kobe will not relinquish being the man.

Too much pride.

D Wade did it in Miami, but not Kobe, just can't let it happen.

We got Pau, but no one wants to have is back when the shit gets dumped on him. How quickly we all forget how he was the best player on the floor when the best players in the world battled for the gold medal.

No chance for us to feature him, best he be a six man, this is MAMBA's team!

Leadership puts the ball back in Pau's hands and sticks up for him.

We get Steve Nash, but then shortly after he is back from injury, Kobe decides he is going to show everyone that he can pass too, making Nash nothing but a jump shooter. We all praised Mamba for being unselfish and 'changing his game' but in reality it was just another way for him to show off and try and prove to everyone that he was the best at everything, despite the best for the team.

For us to be great, we need Kobe to still have his 30 point games, but not every night, we need to feature Dwight and Pau in the post and let the best passer in the game feed them. We could be like Memphis on steroids, but Kobe knows that means he plays the Rudy Gay role, and since Rudy has been traded he knows that is not a feature role.

Kobe is selfish and attention whoring and that is why we suck.

Make excuses, point to the stats, point to whatever you want.

THIS N*GGA LOOKS AT WINS AND LOSSES and all I see from Mamba is massive fail.

Glide2keva
02-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Took you long enough to figure that out.

Nash
02-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Took you long enough to figure that out.
The thing that I agree with you on mostly is the part about Steve Nash. I have no idea why Lakers are not letting him actually playmake, dude is fantastic at it and turning him into Mario Chalmers is stupid. Also Nash is the only one who can make Howard and Gasol's game better as we've seen him feed all the big men in the past at Suns.

NBASTATMAN
02-25-2013, 10:23 AM
All we do now is blow smoke up 24s ass. Funny thing is I should be loving it, he is my favorite player and he has brought so much to my team, but I can't help but notice what I notice this season.

Wasn't long ago everyone dumped shit on him, but then he won another two chips and now has become completely untouchable to everyone, even the media and the messageboard nerds (us).

This year he has a great supporting cast, and he hasn't done shit (except string a few wins as of late against mediocre teams).

Why is that?

Well we got Dwight, but all of a sudden he isn't getting touches. At this point in their careers, Dwight IS THE BETTER PLAYER but we will never get to see that come to fruition this season because Kobe will not relinquish being the man.

Too much pride.

We got Pau, but no one wants to have is back when the shit gets dumped on him. How quickly we all forget how he was the best player on the floor when the best players in the world battled for the gold medal.

We get Steve Nash, but then shortly after he is back from injury, Kobe decides he is going to show everyone that he can pass too, making Nash nothing but a jump shooter. We all praised Mamba for being unselfish and 'changing his game' but in reality it was just another way for him to show off and try and prove to everyone that he was the best at everything, despite the best for the team.

For us to be great, we need Kobe to still have his 30 point games, but not every night, we need to feature Dwight and Pau in the post and let the best passer in the game feed them. We could be like Memphis on steroids, but Kobe knows that means he plays the Rudy Gay role, and since Rudy has been traded he knows that is not a feature role.

:applause:

nashwade
02-25-2013, 10:52 AM
The thing that I agree with you on mostly is the part about Steve Nash. I have no idea why Lakers are not letting him actually playmake, dude is fantastic at it and turning him into Mario Chalmers is stupid. Also Nash is the only one who can make Howard and Gasol's game better as we've seen him feed all the big men in the past at Suns.

You know what's shocking?

The Lakers coach is the same guy that made Nash so successful with the Suns

scm5
02-25-2013, 12:27 PM

Nash is an amazing PG in the right system. The only reason the offense runs through Kobe now is because they want to slow down the offense and Kobe is able to do that.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-25-2013, 12:38 PM
They don't have enough 3pt shooters imo. Except Nash no one shoots the 3 well.

Ne 1
02-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Kobe puts up 30/5+/5/2 on amazing efficiency while leading the league in scoring through the first half of the season. He then completely switches his game up and decides to play PG, which results in a 14 game stretch where he averages 8+ APG. Than he comes back after the All-Star break and drops (essentially) back-to-back 40 point games. I mean the man is 34 yrs old, 17th season, 53,000+ minutes on his legs and he's still playing at a high level. I don't see why people would look at Kobe given how he's played and place the blame on him given all of the other obvious factors. Howard and especially Gasol have performed far below what was expected. Kobe has exceeded expectations.

Howard this season has been injured, used poorly, and has played below even his current potential at both ends. Gasol has also been used poorly, injured, and just terrible. Those were 2 guys who the Lakers really need. And D'Antoni is a terrible coach. Kobe has been easily their best player and has played better than anyone could have expected. He also adjusted his game when Nash returned. The only part of his game that hasn't been very good is his defense, and that's been the case for a few years now.

AlphaWolf24
02-25-2013, 01:25 PM

Kobe is the 15th ranked player of alltime in terms of Win/Loss % ( regular season and Playoff's)

- think about that...outta his 17 year career...countless playoff games and regular season games....he was the 15th best career winning%

- How is that a fail?..especially since he played more games then 80% of the guys above him?

cotdt
02-25-2013, 01:30 PM
If you watch Dwight play, he just stands there until someone passes him the ball. Then he either turns it over or gets fouled on a layup (that still looks makable despite the foul) and proceeds to miss the free throws. You have to set Dwight up for easy dunks or it's just a wasted possession.

FKAri
02-25-2013, 01:34 PM
They don't have enough 3pt shooters imo. Except Nash no one shoots the 3 well.

This, this and this!

Nash can't playmake with that lineup because there is no spacing for him to do it. Not only that but Howard and Gasol got clogged in the paint as well due to the same issue. Therefore it is more urgent for him to be the one to space the floor since he is 10x the shooter anyone else on the starting lineup is.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-25-2013, 01:35 PM
While he's had his share of BAD games, Kobe doesn't deserve blame for the Lakers woes. There have been a myriad of issues w/ this ball club; to be specific, injuries and attrition ...

miggyme1
02-25-2013, 02:00 PM

Why is that?

Too much pride.

wow did this silly kid just compare kobe to rudy gay???????lol lmao hahahahahahahahahahaha.stop it..........just stop it.....the lakers problem starts at the top...meaning the owner.....then its the shitty ass GM.....then its the coach who cant spell defense......even if u gave him all the vowels in the word...its just bad.....cant blame kobe...he is the same player that won it back to back in 09 and 10....so how is it his fault now? they should have kept mike brown......but nooooooo u firew a black man after 5 games.....didnt even give him a chance to mesh with nash and dwight....just fire him and hire a white man......that doesnt even fit the damn team....yes i thought it was RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OhNoTimNoSho
02-25-2013, 02:11 PM
At this point in their careers, Dwight IS THE BETTER PLAYER
This is all I read and I believe it was enough to conclude: You are very wrong.

Thats a bit harsh, but Kobe is certainly not the problem. He is the most mature and self aware player on the Lakers besides Nash. He just wants to win.

imnew09
02-25-2013, 02:17 PM
And you said you're a Laker fan? GTFO FAKER. Nash is the best at pick and roll, but Howard wasn't running it with him that's why Kobe stepped up and decided to be the playmaker.

Watch some Lakers game before you start writing an essay about it.

crisoner
02-25-2013, 02:20 PM
OP

I have a funny feeling you have a fake account or you are on bath salts.

Really blaming Kobe for this season so far when he has done nothing but played great as an individual.

The Lakers problems come from injuries and lack of team playing time to find chemistry.

Howard is STILL not 100%. The man had a back surgery and it takes time to get back to his old self after that. He is getting better every week but has set backs with his shoulder injury etc. The media and Laker fans that have been calling him out on his performance need to take this in to account.

Nash is starting to find his spots and play his game on this team. Again...this team is LEARNING to play together.

Pau...injuries and honestly if he accepts playing a role off the bench the Lakers would be a dangerous team.

If you want to point out anything on Kobe it would be defense.
He is not the defender he use to be...and gambles too much trying to make up for that by stealing the ball.

Other then that...with all the miles he has on him Kobe is still one of the best players in the NBA. And your stupid swipes at him saying he was garbage before he won the two titles...WTF???

Respect one of the greats that is still playing today kids.

The LeBron generation is f*cking pathetic.

allovertwist
02-25-2013, 02:24 PM

Why is that?

Too much pride.

Shut the KCUF up you b-itchmaid PH-aggot! You sir, are no Laker Fan, please turn in your jersey's and all other apparel.

taucesays
02-25-2013, 03:04 PM
The Lakers suck because they hired 2 coaches in a row that the players have absolutely no respect for. They're not running D'Antoni's offense so why the hell is he there? To go over defense for 30 minutes a day?

ZenMaster
02-25-2013, 03:12 PM
The Lakers suck because they hired 2 coaches in a row that the players have absolutely no respect for. They're not running D'Antoni's offense so why the hell is he there? To go over defense for 30 minutes a day?

What makes you think they're not running the offense D'Antoni wants them to run?

Doranku
02-25-2013, 03:16 PM
From this atrocious thread, I have gathered the following facts about the OP:

1. He isn't a Lakers fan
2. He's never watched Dwight play, whether it be currently for the Lakers or in the past for the Magic
3. He hasn't watched Nash play for the Lakers
4. He's a retard

pegasus
02-25-2013, 03:20 PM
OP

I have a funny feeling you have a fake account or you are on bath salts.

Really blaming Kobe for this season so far when he has done nothing but played great as an individual.

The Lakers problems come from injuries and lack of team playing time to find chemistry.

Howard is STILL not 100%. The man had a back surgery and it takes time to get back to his old self after that. He is getting better every week but has set backs with his shoulder injury etc. The media and Laker fans that have been calling him out on his performance need to take this in to account.

Nash is starting to find his spots and play his game on this team. Again...this team is LEARNING to play together.

Pau...injuries and honestly if he accepts playing a role off the bench the Lakers would be a dangerous team.

If you want to point out anything on Kobe it would be defense.
He is not the defender he use to be...and gambles too much trying to make up for that by stealing the ball.

Other then that...with all the miles he has on him Kobe is still one of the best players in the NBA. And your stupid swipes at him saying he was garbage before he won the two titles...WTF???

Respect one of the greats that is still playing today kids.

The LeBron generation is f*cking pathetic.

Deuce Bigalow
02-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Stopped reading at "Dwight IS THE BETTER PLAYER"

MaxFly
02-25-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm not sure if this is an instance of trolling... but let's see how this goes. I think the more interesting thing will be to see who sides with the OP and co-signs what he has said. These sorts of threads always offer the opportunity to see who has a solid basketball mind, in spite of biases, and those who struggle to be sensible in the face of asinine positions. Already, we have some indication. :applause:

taucesays
02-25-2013, 04:28 PM
What makes you think they're not running the offense D'Antoni wants them to run?

Because he was saying at the beginning of the season that the post up is the least efficient play in basketball. This isn't his system. They're paying him to do what any high school could could do: tell All-Stars to play ball.

Mr. Jabbar
02-25-2013, 04:45 PM
So, if I'm reading this correctly, suddenly, a weak gimmick (Ass Dan) jumps out of nowhere, blaming everything on kobe, while claiming to be a Laker fan coming out clean...

Yeah, I can't believe some people actually fell for it :facepalm

bingo123
02-25-2013, 04:54 PM
I dislike Kobe but IMO Kobe is not their biggest problem ths year. It just seems like they cant really decide what roles they want their players to play.This could be because they havent really had time to gel or ego problems (not just Kobes ego). If tey somehow figure it out they will become a big threat in the playoffs for anyone. I just hope they miss the playoffs because it would be funny to watch the Lakers fans melt down.

Heavincent
02-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Well we got Dwight, but all of a sudden he isn't getting touches. At this point in their careers, Dwight IS THE BETTER PLAYER

Wrong. Very, very wrong. Kobe is light years ahead of Dwight right now.

Money 23
02-25-2013, 06:06 PM
While he's had his share of BAD games, Kobe doesn't deserve blame for the Lakers woes. There have been a myriad of issues w/ this ball club; to be specific, injuries and attrition ...
I think Kobe's agenda and playing style to start the season was alienating to his capable teammates, but I'd be inclined to agree. Dwight Howard's passive aggressive pouting doesn't help issues.

All this is moot. Lakers will make the playoffs. They are too talented not to and I see them going on a run here to end the season. Might even be a dangerous 8th seed.

G-Funk
02-25-2013, 07:08 PM
So much fail op,

1. This so called great team he has, have played 17 games together. How is that Kobe's fault?

2. Dwight is not half the player he once was, he admits he can only play 5 strong possesiond because he is out of shape. How is that Kobe's fault?

3. When Lakers begin to run the offense through him(Kobe system) Lakers are 11-4. Again, how is that Kobe's fault?

G-Funk
02-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Because all the players, Nash, Gasol, Kobe, Dwight and others said they are "just playing basketball" and are not running anything in particular

Rubio2Gasol
02-25-2013, 07:29 PM

Howard is not cutting hard to the basket and is not catching the ball well. Gasol hasn't played that much and he's not playing in his spots.

The Kobe post up has been their most important source of offense - for the fundamental reason that he has more options. Without interior or exterior targets (kobe is inconsistent in catch and shoot situations) Nash's offense doesn't work.

As for OP - well that was just a pile of nonsense.

Kobe 4 The Win
02-25-2013, 07:38 PM
The OP is demonstrating a serious lack of knowledge about the Lakers team and the game of basketball in general. Either you don't watch the games or you do watch but you just don't comprehend what you are seeing. Your post was filled with so much nonsense I don't have time to address it all.

I will say this. Here is the reason Kobe has been the primary playmaker instead of Nash. Before they made that change opposing teams with younger, quicker guards were doubling Nash as soon as he crossed mid court. He had a hard time with that. He was having to retreat with his dribble a bit to get around them. That led to some turnovers and it didn't allow us to get into our offense quickly. Once Kobe started handling the ball again that problem was solved.

Now Kobe and Nash are both able to run the point and make plays for other players. Nash isn't wearing himself out so much trying to fight through the pressure of double teams so he is able to be more aggressive. Plus Nash is a knock down shooter so it give us another weapon to space the floor when Kobe has the ball. This was the proper solution to that issue.

Also, Kobe took the opportunity to prove to his team that he doesn't care about sacrificing shots. He was hoping that if guys that were bitching about not getting shots would cool it after seeing him do that. He was leading by example and trying to get the ball moving. They haven't found the perfect balance quite yet but this strategy has obviously worked very well.

TheMarkMadsen
02-25-2013, 07:40 PM
The OP is demonstrating a serious lack of knowledge about the Lakers team and the game of basketball in general. Either you don't watch the games or you do watch but you just don't comprehend what you are seeing. Your post was filled with so much nonsense I don't have time to address it all.

I will say this. Here is the reason Kobe has been the primary playmaker instead of Nash. Before they made that change opposing teams with younger, quicker guards were doubling Nash as soon as he crossed mid court. He had a hard time with that. He was having to retreat with his dribble a bit to get around them. That led to some turnovers and it didn't allow us to get into our offense quickly. Once Kobe started handling the ball again that problem was solved.

Now Kobe and Nash are both able to run the point and make plays for other players. Nash isn't wearing himself out so much trying to fight through the pressure of double teams so he is able to be more aggressive. Plus Nash is a knock down shooter so it give us another weapon to space the floor when Kobe has the ball. This was the proper solution to that issue.

Also, Kobe took the opportunity to prove to his team that he doesn't care about sacrificing shots. He was hoping that if guys that were bitching about not getting shots would cool it after seeing him do that. He was leading by example and trying to get the ball moving. They haven't found the perfect balance quite yet but this strategy has obviously worked very well.

Bandito
02-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Put Kobe with shooters and perimeter defense and they win all the time. heck trade Kobe for Lebron and you will see the return of Wade as Kobe can play without the ball and be a star like MJ. (Yeah I said, I expect red bars by tomorrow)!!!!

Gotterdammerung
02-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Blame Kobe?

The fact that he's played over 1,400 games and over 53,000 minutes over 17 years, and that he's an OLD 34 years old, that his assist to turnover ratio is depressed, that his percentage from beyond the arc is below average makes him a different player than he used to be at his physical prime/peak.

The rest of the Lakers deserve as much blame if not more:

Nash can't play well with pivot type players (Shaq in Phoenix). He needs a dramatic sphere of influence where the floor is open enough for him to dribble down baseline under the hoop and force defenders to track him and lose their man. This tactic worked well in phoenix, but Nash has a bad back now and he no longer has the much vaunted Phoenix Suns training staff around. :facepalm

Howard is a vastly overrated defender - he is a great help defender (at his optimal form) but he sucks when his guy faces him and is capable of shooting or dribbling by him. Plus when Howard is double-teamed, he can only make the most rudimentary of passes - the out-passes - and they are the easiest for rival defenses to anticipate & ambush. Plus Howard keeps making silly fouls, and they are exacerbated cuz Nash is a weak defender who lets guys by him, straight into Howard's lap all year long. Plus he is still an immature player who has yet to prove otherwise. :hammerhead:

World Peace is a lot slower on defense, especially laterally, and cannot defend quick footed scorers at the perimeter.

Gasol has been wasted because Howard can only score if he's 2-3 feet away from the basket. That forces Gasol into a jump shooter, wasting his post-up and passing skills on the block. :facepalm

So on, so forth. :banghead:

The-Legend-24
02-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Well we got Dwight, but all of a sudden he isn't getting touches. At this point in their careers, Dwight IS THE BETTER PLAYER

:roll:

BlackVVaves
02-25-2013, 09:08 PM
At this point of their careers, Dwight SHOULD be better than Kobe in terms of impact.

But, since halfway through last season, he hasn't been. Because of a back injury, one he's still recovering from.

If Dwight, not Kobe, dominates, the Lakers will find themselves in the second round, at least. But, he's probably still 6 months away from dominating both ends like he did in 2010.

Kobe has been the best player on a mediocre team thusfar. Best shooting guard of the season. And best season (so far) since his 2009-2010 season.

Saying otherwise is just illustrating that you're a sock puppet account of some delusional and likely jobless individual who thinks creating various accounts on a message board is productive use of your time.

Ass Dan
02-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Shocked at the amount of Laker fans drinking the Kool Aid, reciting career stats, telling me I am an idiot, a troll, just because I can look at a season where we suck and blame LEADERSHIP.

Kobe is our leader, he needs to take the hit, sorry, that is how it works in the real world, the Lakers should be treated in the same fashion.

Re: my fandom: Look at my threads in this forum, this is not the first time I have talked about the Lakers.

Re: Dwight being better. Ask 30 GMs who they'd trade for, Kobe or Dwight?

THANK YOU, NOW STFU.

No wonder people say we are a bunch of pathetic homers.

I still have faith the Lakers will land 8th or 7th and I am praying we can catch a first round match up with the Spurs because I know we can beat them, but first.

Kobe has to go back to being Kobe the gunner, not Kobe the passer, not Kobe the 'I must have great stats every night' at the expense of my team growing.

The KIDS on this forum think that great statlines mean Kobe is doing it all perfectly. People he say 'he is having a great individual season' oblivious to the irony in those words.

He is older, he needs to bring the others along, share the ball, then gun when the clock is ticking.

We are not even the sum of our parts at this point, let alone the whole, so that is why I blame our leadership.

Kobe is our leader, 2013 is Year of the Mamba, I believe, but it is time to be a father figure 24, not a teenager with a chip on his shoulder who has to do everything himself and insists on getting all the shine.

And to my fellow Laker fans, grow a pair, we look weak in this thread.

We didn't win the last two till he let Pau share the spotlight, now he needs to share it even more.

Ass Dan
02-26-2013, 03:34 AM
Funny how tonight's loss is EXACTLY how I described our issues. Kobe and the three point bailout men getting all the shots.

Best part is people in the media like Colin CLOWNherd (yeah, I know...) and Marc Stein were going on about the exact things I discussed in my OP.

Yet my peeps still wanna hate.:facepalm

m1sterb
02-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Unfortunately Dan, I couldn't agree more with your posts in this thread. While his individual performance is certainly impressive his ME ME ME is just shinning to the point it's painful.

Oh look, Kobe can pass the ball - what a team player he is....yeah, he's just now passing the ball at 34 years old and it just happens to be after they get Nash. Not all Laker fans are drinking the kool-aid.

Ass Dan
02-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately Dan, I couldn't agree more with your posts in this thread. While his individual performance is certainly impressive his ME ME ME is just shinning to the point it's painful.

Oh look, Kobe can pass the ball - what a team player he is....yeah, he's just now passing the ball at 34 years old and it just happens to be after they get Nash. Not all Laker fans are drinking the kool-aid.

A-fakkin-men brotha!

I hear ya, and to be fair, I've been guilty of the 'Godbe' stuff in the past too, but the simple fact is WE AREN'T TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ALL OUR ASSETS, we could be doing the same thing with those teams from the middle of last decade who used to get punked by the Suns. We are just a bunch of guys gawking at Kobe, we are not a collection of all stars. We got Dwight open in the post, we got Pau on the bench (though hurt recently) and we go Steve Nash 25 feet from the hoop standing and watching.

THAT'S NOT HOW YOU USE THEM.

Actually Imma blame Pringles too, he should be manning up and setting the team straight, but perhaps outside of Young Bussy, Godbe is in charge, but his management style is to micromanage, not a god look in your mid thirties.

The only one thriving in this is Metta because he can just hustle and shoot open threes off of Kobe wheeling and dealing.

02-27-2013, 09:38 PM
wow did this silly kid just compare kobe to rudy gay???????lol lmao hahahahahahahahahahaha.stop it..........just stop it.....the lakers problem starts at the top...meaning the owner.....then its the shitty ass GM.....then its the coach who cant spell defense......even if u gave him all the vowels in the word...its just bad.....cant blame kobe...he is the same player that won it back to back in 09 and 10....so how is it his fault now? they should have kept mike brown......but nooooooo u firew a black man after 5 games.....didnt even give him a chance to mesh with nash and dwight....just fire him and hire a white man......that doesnt even fit the damn team....yes i thought it was RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you were only joking by dragging race into this one.

Soundwave
02-27-2013, 10:01 PM
"Defer" is not in Kobe's vocabulary. You're talking about a guy who at times had problems passing to a prime Shaq.

He wants to play "hero ball", that's the only way he knows how to play and it's how he shaped his game from a teenager onwards.

NumberSix
02-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Kobe is a spoiled kid who never learned to share his toys. It's not even his fault though. If the coach can't assert his authority, the shit is gonna be a mess.

Lebron23
02-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Phil Jackson was the leader of the 2009-10 Lakers. Kobe is a great soldier, but he lacks the leadership qualities of the truly great ones. (Jordan, Russell, Kareem, Magic, and Bird). Even Duncan is a better leader and teammate than Kobe. Timmy wouldn't think twice about deferring to Parker, Ginobili, and his teammates.

Ass Dan
02-27-2013, 11:06 PM
I hope you were only joking by dragging race into this one.

That is the least of that kid's problems, I didn't even compare Kobe to Rudy Gay.

DixieNourmous
02-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Kobe shoots... hate him

Kobe passes.. hate him

Kobe not on your team... hate him

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/haters%20gonna%20hate/grand/dog_hater_gonna_hate.gif

Allstar24
02-28-2013, 12:59 AM
As Kobe says...we are surrounded by idiots.

G-Funk
02-28-2013, 03:54 AM
Op has been exposed by several rational Laker fans, non Laker fans and ironically only LEBRON prostitutes agreed who obviously dont even watch enough Laker games

Flamboyant
02-28-2013, 07:18 AM
Wait, wait. . . How did I miss this gem??

Funny how tonight's loss is EXACTLY how I described our issues. Kobe and the three point bailout men getting all the shots.

Best part is people in the media like Colin CLOWNherd (yeah, I know...) and Marc Stein were going on about the exact things I discussed in my OP.

Yet my peeps still wanna hate.:facepalm

Basically what you wrote in the OP was:
- After Nash was back from the injury, Kobe changed his game despite the best of the team, - The ball needs to be more in Nash's hands, - Kobe should stick for Pau, - Kobe is the reason why we suck, etc.
- Lakers should be playing like Memphis
- Dwight is better than Kobe

The first ones are really stupid. Kobe didn't change his game out of the blue as you pretend. In January (with Nash back) Lakers were 2-10 until the Utah game, and the odds of them making the playoffs were lower then them missing them. Then they were 11-4 when you decided to create this thread. Obviously Kobe playing as a pass first player is not the right solution, but it was both a message to his teammates that he is willing to sacrifice for the better of the team, and a wake up call for a team that had lost 10 out of the last 12. And both were good calls. Now that the faith for making the playoffs is restored/strengthened Kobe has played exactly the way he should be playing. The ball is given to Nash frequently, but they don't have the personnel to play Run&Gun. Kobe and Nash are taking turns at creating plays. When Nash has it, he runs P&R's, while Kobe always moves, and tells teammates to make cuts. When Kobe has it Nash's elite shooting becomes vital for spacing the floor. Also Pau is injured, but before he went down he attempted 13, 15, 18 & 16 FGs in his last four games. Pau is by far the one Kobe likes to play with the most, so you can count on him sticking for Pau.

Also: Offensively Lakers are much better than Memphis, and LOL@ Dwight being better than Kobe.

Now how was the loss to Denver exactly how you described? Everything on your post was about Kobe and the Lakers offense. While the Lakers lost the game because of their defense. Denver scored the season high for points in the paint by any team, and killed the Lakers on the boards. The Lakers didn't have a single offensive rebound in the first half, when Denver built their lead. And the guy better than Kobe shot 3-14 from the line. I won't blame Dwight for the loss, as he was decent overall, but unlike Kobe he isn't much self aware. He had like 4 goal tends, while allowing a couple of dunks by McGee for contesting some really bad shots. Also there was a play where the ball was going out of bounds, and all Dwight had to do was stay where he was to box out the opponents. Not only did he not do that, he was looking randomly at the stands as Brewer saved the possession. The Nuggets had passed the half court when he realized that the ball was still in play.

Sorry but Howard is neither the player, nor the winner that he can be. And he won't become one until he realizes that. Laker fan or not, you just exposed yourself for being clueless.

LAL
02-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Wait, wait. . . How did I miss this gem??

Basically what you wrote in the OP was:
- After Nash was back from the injury, Kobe changed his game despite the best of the team, - The ball needs to be more in Nash's hands, - Kobe should stick for Pau, - Kobe is the reason why we suck, etc.
- Lakers should be playing like Memphis
- Dwight is better than Kobe

The first ones are really stupid. Kobe didn't change his game out of the blue as you pretend. In January (with Nash back) Lakers were 2-10 until the Utah game, and the odds of them making the playoffs were lower then them missing them. Then they were 11-4 when you decided to create this thread. Obviously Kobe playing as a pass first player is not the right solution, but it was both a message to his teammates that he is willing to sacrifice for the better of the team, and a wake up call for a team that had lost 10 out of the last 12. And both were good calls. Now that the faith for making the playoffs is restored/strengthened Kobe has played exactly the way he should be playing. The ball is given to Nash frequently, but they don't have the personnel to play Run&Gun. Kobe and Nash are taking turns at creating plays. When Nash has it, he runs P&R's, while Kobe always moves, and tells teammates to make cuts. When Kobe has it Nash's elite shooting becomes vital for spacing the floor. Also Pau is injured, but before he went down he attempted 13, 15, 18 & 16 FGs in his last four games. Pau is by far the one Kobe likes to play with the most, so you can count on him sticking for Pau.

Also: Offensively Lakers are much better than Memphis, and LOL@ Dwight being better than Kobe.

Now how was the loss to Denver exactly how you described? Everything on your post was about Kobe and the Lakers offense. While the Lakers lost the game because of their defense. Denver scored the season high for points in the paint by any team, and killed the Lakers on the boards. The Lakers didn't have a single offensive rebound in the first half, when Denver built their lead. And the guy better than Kobe shot 3-14 from the line. I won't blame Dwight for the loss, as he was decent overall, but unlike Kobe he isn't much self aware. He had like 4 goal tends, while allowing a couple of dunks by McGee for contesting some really bad shots. Also there was a play where the ball was going out of bounds, and all Dwight had to do was stay where he was to box out the opponents. Not only did he not do that, he was looking randomly at the stands as Brewer saved the possession. The Nuggets had passed the half court when he realized that the ball was still in play.

Sorry but Howard is neither the player, nor the winner that he can be. And he won't become one until he realizes that. Laker fan or not, you just exposed yourself for being clueless.
:hammertime:

NumberSix
02-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Kobe Bryant

Jasper
02-28-2013, 11:10 AM

This is why Laker fans fail even when they come clean ....
Two contri'dicking statements :no:

Any case games where Kobe shots twice in a half , but dimes 12 in the game , only tells me he is a complete player , but never blended his game seamlessly into his team to be the true leader he wanted to be.
He is and will always be just a SG that shots volumes, and if it was not for an inside outside game with Shaq and Pau , he would not have a chip(.)

Ass Dan
03-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Nash gets back to dishin, Kobe gets back to gunnin, Dwight's all over the boards all of a sudden we beat a decent team (ATL).

hmmm...hmmm...

Litmus test tomorrow, lets see if we can git r dun. We can if we use all our assets and play like a TEAM.

TheMarkMadsen
03-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Nash gets back to dishin, Kobe gets back to gunnin, Dwight's all over the boards all of a sudden we beat a decent team (ATL).

hmmm...hmmm...

Litmus test tomorrow, lets see if we can git r dun. We can if we use all our assets and play like a TEAM.

You're as simple as casual fans can get

DaSeba5
03-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Kobe shoots... hate him

Kobe passes.. hate him

Kobe not on your team... hate him

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/haters%20gonna%20hate/grand/dog_hater_gonna_hate.gif

People hate Kobe here because his fans worship him like God. We can't respect Kobe without seeing 10+ threads on one dunk or block.

kennethgriffin
03-04-2013, 08:51 PM
People hate Kobe here because his fans worship him like God. We can't respect Kobe without seeing 10+ threads on one dunk or block.

christians have been boasting for 2000 years about some guy who walked on water

we can't have a 5 minute thread about someone walking on air?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN8h_LiEzIA

Ass Dan
03-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Disappointed to see Bean go down. He was balling during the recent hot run, got out of his 'hey look at me I can play point guard too!' mode and back to jacking up shots in crunch time.

People hate on bean for high volume shooting with lowish percentage but that is what we need him for, making the impossible.

This could be a blessing in disguise, I want SA in the first round because I don't think we can beat the clips or thunder (too young too fast too deep).

cotdt
03-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Lakers are going to have a hard time just making the playoffs without Kobe. Kobe may be a chucker, but his TS% is much higher than that of the team as a whole, and in addition he increases the TS% of his teammates. Now you will see an offensively limited Lakers team.

BlueandGold
03-15-2013, 11:53 AM
lol @ the OP

A team built around Nash looks like the suns
a team built around Dwight looks like the magic
a team built around Gasol looks like memphis

(in their respective eras)

A team built around Kobe already has been shown to be a winner, why take a chance on a 36 y/o nash, a goofy ass dwight and an injured Gasol who has been barely 65% of his normal self when Bryant even at his age is playing still like a top1 player int he league.

The Iron Fist
03-15-2013, 12:19 PM
How many games have Kobe, Nash, gasoline, Dwight, and metta started together?

cotdt
03-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Before the season, statisticians predicted 5th seed for the Lakers while casual fans and ESPN predicted 2nd seed after OKC. Lakers could have likely got the 6th seed by season's end if Kobe didn't get injured.

Considering the injuries this season, a 6th seed is the expected result for this team. People were expecting too much. Outside the 4 stars, the role players are crappy at both ends of the floor, and getting way too many minutes.

gengiskhan
03-15-2013, 04:56 PM
How many games have Kobe, Nash, gasoline, Dwight, and metta started together?

dont matter if Quartet never played together.

Nash + D-12 + Gasoline + MWP VS Opponents + Kobe

thats how LAL played 80% of their games.

They have to put up with Kobe & opponents.

Dont believe me. Just look at nose diving Nash's, D-12's, Gasoline's stats.

In return, only Kobe's stats have gone up.

Not because he is better. But because He has 40+ppg stat padding vs BOTTOM FEEDERS

knicksman
03-15-2013, 09:12 PM
lol @ the OP

A team built around Nash looks like the suns
a team built around Dwight looks like the magic
a team built around Gasol looks like memphis

(in their respective eras)

A team built around Kobe already has been shown to be a winner, why take a chance on a 36 y/o nash, a goofy ass dwight and an injured Gasol who has been barely 65% of his normal self when Bryant even at his age is playing still like a top1 player int he league.

a team build around kobe is a first round exit. SEe his team without shaq and gasol

dh144498
03-15-2013, 09:19 PM
a team build around kobe is a first round exit. SEe his team without shaq and gasol

a team built around Kobe = 3 consecutive finals and 2 back to back chips.

The Iron Fist
03-15-2013, 09:27 PM
dont matter if Quartet never played together.

Nash + D-12 + Gasoline + MWP VS Opponents + Kobe

thats how LAL played 80% of their games.

They have to put up with Kobe & opponents.

Dont believe me. Just look at nose diving Nash's, D-12's, Gasoline's stats.

In return, only Kobe's stats have gone up.

Not because he is better. But because He has 40+ppg stat padding vs BOTTOM FEEDERS
Lol doesn't matter. Taking away a starter always matters.

gengiskhan
03-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Lol doesn't matter. Taking away a starter always matters.

If Kobe is that starter, taking him away actually helps the other 4 LAL starters!

Kobe is a TEAM CHEMISTRY KILLER!

knicksman
03-15-2013, 10:06 PM
a team built around Kobe = 3 consecutive finals and 2 back to back chips.

a team built around kobe needs the best frontcourt to win. Thats why hes only capable winning on the lakers. Put him on a small market who cant afford to get the gasols and he would be a first round exit player.

dh144498
03-15-2013, 10:11 PM
a team built around kobe needs the best frontcourt to win. Thats why hes only capable winning on the lakers. Put him on a small market who cant afford to get the gasols and he would be a first round exit player.

you can apply a circumstantial hypothesis about every single great player in NBA history. Don't know why you say it like it only applies to Kobe. :lol

here I'll give you an example since you are too dumb/blind to see this:

Jordan without the help he needs: 1st round exit, even making the playoffs with a losing record
Shaq without a decent guard: sweep in the finals
Lebron without another top 3 sg and a top 5 pf: nothing, choking, etc.

gengiskhan
03-15-2013, 10:13 PM
a team built around SHAQ = 3 consecutive finals

and

A team built around NBA"s most Talented BIG MEN with complete POST-UP game = 2 back to back chips.

Corrected for FULL RETARD!

dh144498
03-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Corrected for FULL RETARD!
Kobe went to 3 consecutive finals as the team's best player from 08-10. Do you have Alzheimer's?

Human Error
03-15-2013, 10:24 PM
Beat the very legitimate Pacers without Kobe. The Lakers were having fun on the court in a very long time and playing better defense. Kobe fans think the Lakers are the worst team in the league without him but it's not, the Lakers are loaded with talented players who would gladly take over for Kobe.

tmacattack33
03-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Before the season, statisticians predicted 5th seed for the Lakers while casual fans and ESPN predicted 2nd seed after OKC. Lakers could have likely got the 6th seed by season's end if Kobe didn't get injured.

Considering the injuries this season, a 6th seed is the expected result for this team. People were expecting too much. Outside the 4 stars, the role players are crappy at both ends of the floor, and getting way too many minutes.

Get the F out of here.

No legitimate statistician had them at 5th in the West. :wtf:

LA and Miami were the two teams with the highest odds to win the Finals at the start of the season.