PDA

View Full Version : So 34 yr old Kobe is a top 3 player, but 27 yr old Kobe wouldnt be the best?

unbreakable
02-25-2013, 09:12 PM
fail logic.

Prime Kobe absolutely dominates this league on both sides of the ball and would probably average around 40 ppg, 6 assists, 7 boards, 2 steals, 1 block.

So, ISH, tell me again why prime Kobe wouldnt be the best? He averaged 35ppg seeing double and triple teams night in night out. 27 yr young Kobe on a decent squad would go B-A-N-A-N-A-S

red1
02-25-2013, 09:12 PM
So 34 yr old Kobe is a top 3 player, but 27 yr old Kobe wouldnt be the best?

Yes. He would be a very close second.

2010splash
02-25-2013, 09:13 PM
LeBron is easily better, though prime Kobe would be #2 ahead of Durant for sure.

DatAsh
02-25-2013, 09:15 PM
He'd be right up there. Prime Kobe was incredible.

I still think Lebron would be slightly better overall, but it would be amazing to see both of them in the same league.

unbreakable
02-25-2013, 09:19 PM
LeBron is easily better,.

explain why Kobe has routinely outplayed Lebron in all star games and olympic games?

when squads are even up, Kobe is clearly the better player. CLEARLY.

Money 23
02-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Peak Kobe is an arguable 1a / 1b scenario w/ current LeBron

There is only a handful of players that I've seen that I would take over peak Kobe, and current LeBron

Jordan
Bird
Hakeem
Magic

and MAYBE Shaq

unbreakable
02-25-2013, 09:22 PM

There is only a handful of players that I've seen that I would take over peak Kobe, and current LeBron

Jordan
Bird
Hakeem
Magic

and MAYBE Shaq

i agree. but peak shaq (those 3 years) absolutely is in the discussion.. along with 03-07 Timmy.

plowking
02-25-2013, 09:23 PM
explain why Kobe has routinely outplayed Lebron in all star games and olympic games?

Even when Lebron was in Cleveland with inferior teammates, he outplayed Kobe in terms of statistical production and won 8 out of their 13 meetings.

red1
02-25-2013, 09:26 PM
2011 he could easily be #1 but not 2012 and 2013 IMO

plowking
02-25-2013, 09:27 PM

Jordan
Bird
Hakeem
Magic

and MAYBE Shaq

This is revisionist history. Prime Kobe was never talked about in the light that current Lebron is getting talked about. People are talking about this season and level of play on a historical sense and in comparison to all time greats, in terms of both winning and the statistical efficiency at which hes doing it. Kobe was great, but Lebron is clearly better. He would be the second best player in the league.

Magic has no case in this discussion. Bird I wouldn't put over current Lebron either, though he is definitely better than peak Kobe. Same with Jordan being better than Kobe.
Shaq is the only inarguable one over Lebron that you mentioned, but that goes for just about any player ever.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-25-2013, 09:28 PM
He would be number 2. you fail to realize that while kobe is still a top 5 player the gap between him and James is MASSIVE at this point.

Lebron

27 year old Kobe

Durant

Current Kobe

Heavincent
02-25-2013, 09:29 PM

Jordan
Bird
Hakeem
Magic

and MAYBE Shaq

Agree with most of this.

Except I think Shaq had the best peak of anyone not named Jordan.

RoundMoundOfReb

Jordan
Bird
Hakeem
Magic

and MAYBE Shaq
Current James is easily better than peak Kobe.

OhNoTimNoSho
Itd be a 1.a 1.b type thing. Lebron is great at getting stats but his influence on winning isnt as big as people think it is. He benefits greatly from being on a stacked team. If teams were similiar strength I could see Kobe over taking Lebron more often than not.

TheMarkMadsen
02-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Even when Lebron was in Cleveland with inferior teammates, he outplayed Kobe in terms of statistical production and won 8 out of their 13 meetings.

Lebron had a better supporting cast 04-05, 05-06, 06-07, and it's arguable for 07-08.

08-09 (Lakers were better but it was pretty close)

09-10 (Still very close)

Cavs from 08-10 won 60+ games each year & finished first in the east. HEAT have yet to finish 1st in east (this year they will though) which is a good indicator that Lebron didn't win 60+ games b2b seasons by himself. Those Cavs teams were built very well for the Superstar they were building it for

DonDadda59
02-25-2013, 09:31 PM
fail logic.

Prime Kobe absolutely dominates this league on both sides of the ball and would probably average around 40 ppg, 6 assists, 7 boards, 2 steals, 1 block.

So, ISH, tell me again why prime Kobe wouldnt be the best? He averaged 35ppg seeing double and triple teams night in night out. 27 yr young Kobe on a decent squad would go B-A-N-A-N-A-S

What? :biggums:

Maybe I'm just not following your logic but what has changed from when Kobe was 27 until now that would lead him to experience such a drastic spike in production?

And no version of Kobe is as good as present Lebron.

disel
02-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Itd be a 1.a 1.b type thing. Lebron is great at getting stats but his influence on winning isnt as big as people think it is. He benefits greatly from being on a stacked team. If teams were similiar strength I could see Kobe over taking Lebron more often than not.
Yep getting the Cavs 60 odd wins and all the way to the finals with a bunch of scrubs doesnt equate to influence on winning. Spastic.

Money 23
02-25-2013, 09:38 PM
This is revisionist history. Prime Kobe was never talked about in the light that current Lebron is getting talked about. People are talking about this season and level of play on a historical sense and in comparison to all time greats, in terms of both winning and the statistical efficiency at which hes doing it. Kobe was great, but Lebron is clearly better. He would be the second best player in the league.

Magic has no case in this discussion. Bird I wouldn't put over current Lebron either, though he is definitely better than peak Kobe. Same with Jordan being better than Kobe.
Shaq is the only inarguable one over Lebron that you mentioned, but that goes for just about any player ever.
You wouldn't undoubtedly take peak Jordan over current LeBron?

He has the same all around dominance of LeBron, with all the appealing or redeeming aspects of peak Kobe, to a higher degree.

plowking
02-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Lebron had a better supporting cast 04-05, 05-06, 06-07, and it's arguable for 07-08.

09-10 (Still very close)

Cavs from 08-10 won 60+ games each year & finished first in the east. HEAT have yet to finish 1st in east (this year they will though) which is a good indicator that Lebron didn't win 60+ games b2b seasons by himself. Those Cavs teams were built very well for the Superstar they were building it for

I don't care to argue too much, but in 04-05, Caron and Odom are better than anything the Cavs had.
05 to 07 is probably the only time Lebron had a better team.

The fact you think its comparable because Lebron's team won more games is quite bizarre. That team wasn't close to comparable to the Lakers. It was a team designed around one player going off and carrying the team while the rest played intense defense. Lakers on the other hand were a well oiled machine that had all bases covered and hardly any weaknesses.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-25-2013, 09:40 PM

He has the same all around dominance of LeBron, with all the appealing or redeeming aspects of peak Kobe, to a higher degree.
Peak Jordan is the only player i'd take over current James.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-25-2013, 09:41 PM
Once again people are letting nostalgia get the better of them. Peak Kobe didn't even have much team success which is usually the argument for why he's better than James.

TheMarkMadsen
02-25-2013, 09:43 PM

:biggums:

Michael Jordan????

and how does Magic have "no case"

Magic is better than Lebron, and if you don't want to admit to that you have to atleast admit that it's damn close, and very disrespectful/ignorant to make a claim that Magic has no case over Lebron

DatAsh
02-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Once again people are letting nostalgia get the better of them. Peak Kobe didn't even have much team success which is usually the argument for why he's better than James.

Depends on what you consider to be his peak. 2006 Kobe was the best offensively, but he was average on the defensive end. 2008 Kobe was historically great on both ends. 2008 Kobe made it all the way to the NBA finals, how does that not qualify as "much team success"?

RoundMoundOfReb
02-25-2013, 09:46 PM

Michael Jordan????

Magic is better than Lebron, and if you don't want to admit to that you have to atleast admit that it's damn close, and very disrespectful/ignorant to make a claim that Magic has no case over Lebron
Current James is better than peak Magic. Statistically James is better, defensively James is better.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Depends on what you consider to be his peak. 2006 Kobe was the best offensively, but he was average on the defensive end. 2008 Kobe was historically great on both ends. 2008 Kobe made it all the way to the NBA finals, how does that not qualify as "much team success"?
OP specifically said 27 YO Kobe, which is 05-06.

plowking
02-25-2013, 09:50 PM

I'll just say, people on here have a jaded sense of history when comparing current seasons and players to those of past greats. Everyone who dislikes Lebron loves to laugh when you mention that he was better than Bird, or simply even a better passer than Bird, yet 90% of this forum wasn't alive to see him, or even bothered to watch a single full game of his.

I'm not exactly sure of a Lebron/Jordan comparison. I'm more biased when it comes to that comparison as I don't like Jordan, where as I like Bird, and have seen a lot of him to make an unbiased comparison in which I think Lebron's season now is better than any I've seen from Bird.
Most people will tell you Jordan's better, but like I said, people love to glorify the previous generations of players and downplay what current players are doing. I know Shaq is better for certain, that's for sure.
But I'll mention it again. With cases like Magic Johnson, if people even mention a current player is better, you get laughed at. I for one think Lebron and Kobe are indefinitely better players, and its not particularly close. I think their impact on the court is far more beneficial for a team than what Magic did. Yet, posters on here will tell you otherwise despite never seeing Magic play. :oldlol:

So as for the Jordan comparison, I'm too biased to make a comparison since I despise the guy. I don't think you can look at Lebron's statline of 27/8/7 on 57% shooting and 40+% 3 point shooting and simply say Jordan's had better... For one, Jordan's never been that efficient, never shot that well from 3 point land, never been as good a passer as Lebron, etc. Its extremely close IMO.

plowking
02-25-2013, 09:53 PM

Michael Jordan????

James in my opinion is better offensively and defensively. In what way is it disrespectful? This is my point in my other responses. Its fine for other slightly lower ranked players to get tossed aside, like Oscar or Moses Malone, but when you mention the top 10 and anyone being better than them, its blasphemy.

DatAsh
02-25-2013, 09:55 PM
James in my opinion is better offensively and defensively. In what way is it disrespectful? This is my point in my other responses. Its fine for other slightly lower ranked players to get tossed aside, like Oscar or Moses Malone, but when you mention the top 10 and anyone being better than them, its blasphemy.

No way James is better offensively. He's definitely better defensively, but Magic's probably the greatest offensive player ever. Offense is more than scoring.

Money 23
02-25-2013, 10:02 PM
I'll just say, people on here have a jaded sense of history when comparing current seasons and players to those of past greats. Everyone who dislikes Lebron loves to laugh when you mention that he was better than Bird, or simply even a better passer than Bird, yet 90% of this forum wasn't alive to see him, or even bothered to watch a single full game of his.

I'm not exactly sure of a Lebron/Jordan comparison. I'm more biased when it comes to that comparison as I don't like Jordan, where as I like Bird, and have seen a lot of him to make an unbiased comparison in which I think Lebron's season now is better than any I've seen from Bird.
Most people will tell you Jordan's better, but like I said, people love to glorify the previous generations of players and downplay what current players are doing. I know Shaq is better for certain, that's for sure.
But I'll mention it again. With cases like Magic Johnson, if people even mention a current player is better, you get laughed at. I for one think Lebron and Kobe are indefinitely better players, and its not particularly close. I think their impact on the court is far more beneficial for a team than what Magic did. Yet, posters on here will tell you otherwise despite never seeing Magic play. :oldlol:

So as for the Jordan comparison, I'm too biased to make a comparison since I despise the guy. I don't think you can look at Lebron's statline of 27/8/7 on 57% shooting and 40+% 3 point shooting and simply say Jordan's had better... For one, Jordan's never been that efficient, never shot that well from 3 point land, never been as good a passer as Lebron, etc. Its extremely close IMO.I'm going to SODOMIZE plowking when I come back from dinner on the Bron - MJ comparison.

And this isn't someone who is biased. Bron is better than Magic and Bird, IMO. He isn't however a better passer than Bird. He's a better playmaker.

What on earth was unlikable about Jordan in comparison to LeBron, I have no idea. We're talking about a guy who quit on his team in the playoffs and the Finals, and also bailed on the franchise that drafted him in order to beg for help to win rings quicker to elevate his all time status. Because it would be "easy."

Possibly the most mentally weak, and content player I've seen. Getting challenged mono y mono in the All Star Game by a 34 year old, and not even having the pride on national television to get back at him for PUNKING you in front of everyone.

LeBron has a bitch mode he falls into whether he just wants to avoid fierce competitive confrontations:

Jason Terry
2011 Finals
Kobe 2013 All Star Game

Or he's just totally content with his status, that he lacks pride to get back at a guy basically calling him out in front of ALL of his elite peers.

LeBron is a top five most talented player of all-time, easily ... with some of the absolute WORST intangibles even in existence.

I have never been one to over glorify the past like nostalgia hounds. Nor am I one to claim whatever is new and most recent, to be the best. Prisoner of the moment types, like young kids, and in this case ... plowking.

There is a happy medium when it comes to historical perspective. I believe I hold the standard in regards to that code.

This Aussie is about to become my bitch, my personal defensive "witch's hat" when I get back. Pepper your anus, plow.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-25-2013, 10:05 PM
This is revisionist history. Prime Kobe was never talked about in the light that current Lebron is getting talked about.

Probably not to the extent Lebron is talked about now (because of social media), but the hype around Kobe then was crazy ... and just as ****ing dumb.

When Kobe was stringing together those Wilt-like scoring streaks, ESPN had articles upon articles of "Jordan versus Kobe". Hell, I remember Jemele Hill's piece (that made the front page of ESPN) titled: Kobe: Like Mike, Only Better ... she got HELL for that one. :oldlol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/070326

NumberSix
02-25-2013, 10:11 PM
In what world is Kobe currently a top 3 player?

TheBigVeto
02-25-2013, 10:17 PM
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh600/Rodman2124/kobeclutch.gif

plowking
02-25-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm going to SODOMIZE plowking when I come back from dinner on the Bron - MJ comparison.

Agreed. Go get some protein in you.

And this isn't someone who is biased. Bron is better than Magic and Bird, IMO. He isn't however a better passer than Bird. He's a better playmaker.

I don't care for the passing comparison. I was just pointing out the ignorance of certain posters.

What on earth was unlikable about Jordan in comparison to LeBron, I have no idea. We're talking about a guy who quit on his team in the playoffs and the Finals, and also bailed on the franchise that drafted him in order to beg for help to win rings quicker to elevate his all time status. Because it would be "easy."

There is plenty not to like about Michael. The rest you mentioned on Lebron is speculative conjecture. Who cares if he left?

Possibly the most mentally weak, and content player I've seen. Getting challenged mono y mono in the All Star Game by a 34 year old, and not even having the pride on national television to get back at him for PUNKING you in front of everyone.

Didn't he get the ball in the post, go to the ring and get fouled by Kobe? What has this exhibition game got to do with ranking Lebron as a player?

LeBron has a bitch mode he falls into whether he just wants to avoid fierce competitive confrontations:

Jason Terry
2011 Finals
Kobe 2013 All Star Game

Once again, speculative conjecture. You're simply pointing out certain failures, and making assumptions as to why they happened. What would you call game 5 against Chicago in 2011? Why didn't his bitch mode activate then? Once again, stop assuming. Everyone has a bad game, or bad stretch. Jordan did too, so did Bird, so did Magic. I can show multiple examples for each.

Or he's just totally content with his status, that he lacks pride to get back at a guy basically calling him out in front of ALL of his elite peers.

Or maybe he realizes its a game that doesn't matter and doesn't want to risk injury or other things? Once again, we're both speculating and don't actually know.

LeBron is a top five most talented player of all-time, easily ... with some of the absolute WORST intangibles even in existence.

:rolleyes:

I have never been one to over glorify the past like nostalgia hounds. Nor am I one to claim whatever is new and most recent, to be the best. Prisoner of the moment types, like young kids, and in this case ... plowking.

Where did I claim Lebron is the best? I said I didn't want to make a comparison because I don't like Jordan and it would most likely be a bias one. I did for the others because I like most of the other players or don't care for them.

There is a happy medium when it comes to historical perspective. I believe I hold the standard in regards to that code.

As do I.

This Aussie is about to become my bitch, my personal defensive "witch's hat" when I get back. Pepper your anus, plow.

I look forward to it. We've had more heated discussions on the Bulls and Heat in the past.

Money 23
02-25-2013, 10:18 PM
Probably not to the extent Lebron is talked about now (because of social media), but the hype around Kobe then was crazy ... and just as ****ing dumb.

When Kobe was stringing together those Wilt-like scoring streaks, ESPN had articles upon articles of "Jordan versus Kobe". Hell, I remember Jemele Hill's piece (that made the front page of ESPN) titled: Kobe: Like Mike, Only Better ... she got HELL for that one. :oldlol:

Dropping 60 on bum ass Hornets teams, or 58 on the Bobcats or other bottom feeders in the regular season can blur people's visions.

As can extreme FG protected efficiency, playing along side a fellow top five player who can create his own shot at will and draw plenty of defensive attenion.

plowking
02-25-2013, 10:18 PM

That's quite terrible. :oldlol:

The current comparisons and talk in a historical sense have been a lot more reserved. In the sense no one is rushing to say stupid shit like that.

unbreakable
02-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Lebron hasnt seen a double team in 3 years... yall acting like he's doing something amazing. He plays on one of the most stacked squads in modern history. SMH.

:facepalm

2010splash
02-25-2013, 10:23 PM
Lebron hasnt seen a double team in 3 years... yall acting like he's doing something amazing. He plays on one of the most stacked squads in modern history. SMH.

He sure does. Not his fault the Heat are too good. But he's also the most dominant player in NBA history not named Jordan. Having such a great team doesn't take away from how great he is individually.

By the way, Kobe is playing on the second most stacked team in the league currently.

2010splash
02-25-2013, 10:24 PM
I will say that I think prime Kobe is severely underrated though. People saying one-dimensional Durant is better than prime Kobe was... can't buy that at all.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-25-2013, 10:26 PM

Bird, Magic, Kobe, Russell, Kareem etc.. all played on stacked teams as well.

unbreakable
02-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Bird, Magic, Kobe, Russell, Kareem etc.. all played on stacked teams as well.

this Heat squad is the most stacked team in the modern era (post 80s).. throw in the modern rules which heavily favor guard play.. lebron also has a fellow superstar playmaker which allows him to NEVER see double teams..

Kobe has been double and triple teamed since birth.

TheMarkMadsen
02-25-2013, 11:18 PM
Damn Money 23 do you have to hunt for your dinner & skin it too?

Dat long ass dinner :bowdown:

Doctor Rivers
02-25-2013, 11:22 PM
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh600/Rodman2124/kobeclutch.gif

Negging you is awesome

bdreason
02-25-2013, 11:23 PM
Kobe isn't a top 3 player. Prime Kobe would be a top 3 player.

Indian guy
02-25-2013, 11:25 PM
fail logic.

What is this "this league" garbage? Prime Kobe(06-08) DID play in this league and he didn't average the numbers above. He would have a great case for best in the league, yes, but stop with the "this league" crap.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-25-2013, 11:25 PM
this Heat squad is the most stacked team in the modern era (post 80s).. throw in the modern rules which heavily favor guard play.. lebron also has a fellow superstar playmaker which allows him to NEVER see double teams..

Kobe has been double and triple teamed since birth.
80s celtics teams and lakers teams were better. Lebron doesn't get doubled that often because of his passing. see game 5 of the finals where they tried doubling him.

lilgodfather1
02-25-2013, 11:54 PM
LeBron's been better than Kobe for at least half a decade, while Kobe was in his prime, and LeBron was not even considered a vet at that point. It's laughable that people think this prime version of LeBron would be considered a lesser player than Kobe who he has been almost unnanimously considered better than since he was barely off his rookie deal.

Kobe would score 5 more points on 8 more shots a game, and 10% less from the feild.

Let's just do this for some fun gents.

Kobe's Best in EVERY CATEORY

35ppg, 7rpg, 6apg. 2spg, 1bpg, 47% FG, 38% 3PT, 87% FT.

LeBron's career average

28/7/7/2/1, 49%, 34%, 75%.

Kobe's stats aren't much better when we take his single season highs in every category than LeBron's career average. You'd have to be crazy to think he'd be better than LeBron in his best season.

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Prime Kobe and current LeBron would alternate every other day between the best player in the league right now. Can't go wrong with either.

NumberSix
02-26-2013, 12:30 AM
Prime Kobe and current LeBron would alternate every other day between the best player in the league right now. Can't go wrong with either.
Lol. No, they wouldn't. Stop pretending its close. Let it go dog.

:roll:

NBASTATMAN
02-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Peak Shaq shits on everybody . :rockon:

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-26-2013, 12:37 AM
Lol. No, they wouldn't. Stop pretending its close. Let it go dog.

I know you hate Kobe, but even you should be able to look at the facts it's impossible to say it wouldn't be a toss up at worst.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-26-2013, 12:37 AM
No...

Doranku
02-26-2013, 12:39 AM
Dwight Howard becomes only the second player in NBA history to miss more than 11 FTs and score 15 points or less. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

RoundMoundOfReb
I know you hate Kobe, but even you should be able to look at the facts it's impossible to say it wouldn't be a toss up at worst.
Present the facts. there is literally no statistical argument for Kobe > Lebron except for more volume point numbers.

RoundMoundOfReb
Dwight Howard becomes only the second player in NBA history to miss more than 11 FTs and score 15 points or less. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Lol who was the first?

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-26-2013, 12:47 AM
I don't know if people shit on prime Kobe because he's still playing or because he's such a polarizing player. But I don't understand the reasoning behind some of you guys' opinions. Both guys would be elite scorers, good defenders, good playmakers and help carry their teams to victory. Their respective approaches to the game are different, but what they both bring to the table would be invaluable to a team considering what they do would be on an elite level above almost everyone else.

Deuce Bigalow
02-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Present the facts. there is literally no statistical argument for Kobe > Lebron except for more volume point numbers.
Might as well take Adrian Dantley over both. 31 ppg on 56%, 30 ppg on 57% :bowdown:

RoundMoundOfReb
02-26-2013, 12:52 AM
I don't know if people shit on prime Kobe because he's still playing or because he's such a polarizing player. But I don't understand the reasoning behind some of you guys' opinions. Both guys would be elite scorers, good defenders, good playmakers and help carry their teams to victory. Their respective approaches to the game are different, but what they both bring to the table would be invaluable to a team considering what they do would be on an elite level above almost everyone else.
Peak Kobe was a GREAT player. Peak (Current) Lebron is just significantly better. I would put Peak Kobe considerably higher than current Durant but still pretty big gap to Lebron. People always underrate current players.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Might as well take Adrian Dantley over both. 31 ppg on 56%, 30 ppg on 57% :bowdown:
completely different eras. Lebron and Kobe played in essentially the same era. Funny thing is James' stAts are STILL more impressive than Dantley's without adjusting for pace and factoring in Defense.

NumberSix
02-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Prime Shaq and current LeBron would be a discussion. Prime Kobe and current LeBron isn't a discussion.

I don't know how much more obvious it needs to be for you. There's literally nothing that would lead you to believe that it's a close call.

I'd still put prime Kobe #2 in the nba right now, but he's just not touching LeBron. He just isn't.

NBASTATMAN
02-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Prime Shaq and current LeBron would be a discussion. Prime Kobe and current LeBron isn't a discussion.

I don't know how much more obvious it needs to be for you. There's literally nothing that would lead you to believe that it's a close call.

I'd still put prime Kobe #2 in the nba right now, but he's just not touching LeBron. He just isn't.

I think Prime Kobe and Prime Lebron is close .. Just MO:rockon:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-26-2013, 12:58 AM
I think Prime Kobe and Prime Lebron is close .. Just MO:rockon:

Same. Lebron is better, no doubt, just NOT "significantly".

Micku
02-26-2013, 01:00 AM
fail logic.

Well, the reason why he scored so much is because had the green light to do since his team sucked. If you place prime Kobe on the 2009/10 Lakers then he wouldn't need to do as much. He would probably play similar to those years too, except with more dunks. His peak year could be 2008 because he had a nice balance of everything.

Regardless, LeBron is better. Kobe is great, don't get me wrong, but LBJ is playing unreal atm. But LBJ is more efficient and is just a better overall player. Kobe is more skilled on the off the ball, footwork and post moves, but LBJ is way more effective. He is too dominant.

He is like a perimeter Shaq. And out of the players who played in the 00s, only peak Shaq could really challenge current LBJ on individual impact and effectiveness.

tmacattack33
02-26-2013, 01:00 AM

Simple Jack
02-26-2013, 01:32 AM

09-10 (Still very close)

How was 08-10 even close? Lamar and Gasol were better than anyone on Cleveland; not to mention Mike Brown's ineptitude relative to Phil Jackson.

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-26-2013, 01:44 AM

Just agree to disagree. It all comes down to what you place the most value in. To me, they have similar strengths but shine in different areas albeit both on elite levels. It's merely a trade-off.

Derivative
02-26-2013, 01:48 AM
Kobe is not top 3 right now, he's like top 10. Harden is a better SG than him now.

KOBE143
02-26-2013, 03:08 AM
fail logic.

You have a really great insight there.. I think ISH logic is sometimes difficult to grasp or maybe some people here like to act stupid just to fit their agenda.. ehem, LeBron stans..

j3lademaster
02-26-2013, 03:26 AM
What? :biggums:

Maybe I'm just not following your logic but what has changed from when Kobe was 27 until now that would lead him to experience such a drastic spike in production?

And no version of Kobe is as good as present Lebron.7 years of dat human evolution, troll! The pretenders of today would NEVER be able to hang in the NBA in 2006!!!

Dave3
02-26-2013, 03:27 AM
In 2006 anyone could have said - so a 21 year old LeBron is top 3 but 28 yr old LeBron wouldn't be the best? It's not only the exact same argument, but pertaining to the exact same situation.

j3lademaster
02-26-2013, 03:35 AM
Might as well take Adrian Dantley over both. 31 ppg on 56%, 30 ppg on 57% :bowdown:Why stop at ppg and fg%? Keep listing dem stats. Rebounds, assists, spg, bpg... oh I see now. No longer fits the agenda.

OldSchoolBBall
02-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Lebron right now is clearly better than any version of Kobe. Not by a mile or anything, but clearly. Kobe would have no argument as the best player in the league.