PDA

View Full Version : did Steph Curry showboat too much?

Knicksfever2010
02-28-2013, 07:11 PM
After he hit a 4th quarter 3 pointer he was dancing like a clown, saying "omg"... in fact some of his teammates didn't even high-five him.

coin24
02-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Dat Knicks D:bowdown: :lol

brandonislegend
02-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Cool story bro

SyRyanYang
02-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Steph Curry makes it rain at MSG:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
First it was MJ, then Kobe, Lebron, Now the new owner of the arena has arrived

andremiller07
Meh he can do whatever he wants when hes playing like that tbh

Budadiiii
He's a loser. Guys like this put up impressive stats and have impressive skills but just don't have a winners mentality. He's in the category with guys like Melo and Kyrie.

upside24
02-28-2013, 07:15 PM
He was having the game of his life. I think he is allowed to enjoy it.

SyRyanYang
02-28-2013, 07:16 PM
He's a loser. Guys like this put up impressive stats and have impressive skills but just don't have a winners mentality. He's in the category with guys like Melo and Kyrie.
Dude, how many negs have you received this month:eek:
And who's that creepy monk in your avatar.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-28-2013, 07:16 PM
He was having the game of his life. I think he is allowed to enjoy it.
this..

brandonislegend
02-28-2013, 07:17 PM

Why do you bring up 2 of the 5 most clutch players in the league and say they don't care about winning, you saw Kyrie first hand take a shit down westbricks throat and score the final 14 points of the game.

coin24
02-28-2013, 07:17 PM

CURRY >>>>> WESTBRICK

AlonzoGOAT
02-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Dude, how many negs have you received this month:eek:
And who's that creepy monk in your avatar.
That's the religous leader of the Gelug school of Tibetan Buddhism or aka current GOAT monk :lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_Dalai_Lama

Michael_Wilbon
02-28-2013, 07:20 PM

Kyrie is better than WestBrick. You mad? :oldlol:

Michael_Wilbon
02-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Why do you bring up 2 if the 5 most clutch players in the league and say they don't are about winning, you saw Kyrie first hand take a shit down westbricks throat and score the final 14 points of the game.

Cuz he's still mad as f*ck :banana:

Budadiiii
02-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Why do you bring up 2 if the 5 most clutch players in the league and say they don't are about winning, you saw Kyrie first hand take a shit down westbricks throat and score the final 14 points of the game.
Can you translate that to English?

G-train
02-28-2013, 07:29 PM
I thought it was a little strange. That's guys these days though.

niko
02-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Yep and tried to style on the dribble one possession near the end and threw the ball out of bounds.

DMV2
02-28-2013, 07:43 PM
He's done a lot of in-game showboating/celebration or whatever you wanna call it. Nothing new, really.

tikay0
02-28-2013, 07:48 PM

And pre ring Lebron.

Seriously man. Is your job on this Earth to hate every player besides Lebron???

:facepalm :confusedshrug:

Foster5k
02-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Every player has showboated while on a hot streak, etc. Nothing new. With his ankles, I doubt he was dancing that much anyways.

jimmy77x
02-28-2013, 07:50 PM
And pre ring Lebron.

I thought he was a westbrick fan?

Remix
02-28-2013, 07:51 PM
when you're in the zone you can do whatever the fcuk you want. dude was throwing sht up and completely raping the net.

Budadiiii
And pre ring Lebron.

:biggums:

:facepalm

SevereUpInHere
I just thought it was refreshing to see someone who was enjoying playing and not mean mugging after every shot.

Even though he was torching the f*ck out of my team. :oldlol: I'm sure I'd have different memories if we'd lost.

sommervilleCdn
02-28-2013, 07:55 PM
After he hit a 4th quarter 3 pointer he was dancing like a clown, saying "omg"... in fact some of his teammates didn't even high-five him.

happens everytime :facepalm topic is useless without pics brah

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18g1drun0uykvgif/original.gif

to answer op's question. IMHO .....hells naw, I dont' think so. infact i kinda empathize with him alittle because, he was fined $35,000 for coming to the rescue of his teamates, vs pacers. -Dood played with a chip on his shoulder :applause:

Article says, the fine is close to what he gets paid per game :oldlol: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime

/needs more emoticons

sommervilleCdn
02-28-2013, 07:57 PM
last link (the game of his life), move the hell over lebron, there's a new sheriff in town. Kid was born to shoot https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cllNLj4mGLQ

BrickingStar
02-28-2013, 07:57 PM
And pre ring Lebron.

Actually he's not a lebron stan and has hated on lebron before. He's a westbrick stan.

Foster5k
02-28-2013, 07:59 PM

:oldlol:

Lighter skinned J.R. Smith.

Budadiiii
02-28-2013, 08:02 PM
Left his teammate hanging. What a bitch.

BrickingStar
02-28-2013, 08:03 PM

to answer op's question. IMHO .....hells naw, I dont' think so. infact i kinda empathize with him alittle because, he was fined $35,000 for coming to the rescue of his teamates, vs pacers. -Dood played with a chip on his shoulder :applause:

Article says, the fine is close to what he gets paid per game :oldlol: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime

/needs more emoticons
Did he he leave that dude hanging :lol

Rubio2Gasol
02-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Do you understand the level of hot you have to be to go 11-13 from 3?

SacJB Shady
02-28-2013, 08:04 PM
He's done a lot of in-game showboating/celebration or whatever you wanna call it. Nothing new, really.

players don't like it, like when he did that vs the clippers. He's still a kid though.

andremiller07
02-28-2013, 08:06 PM
players don't like it, like when he did that vs the clippers. He's still a kid though.

If you don't like someone being happy/showboating, than stop them, dude can take a crap in the middle of the game for all I care if hes dropping 30+ and 50+ and making the majority of shots.

MisterAmazing
02-28-2013, 08:08 PM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

SacJB Shady
02-28-2013, 08:09 PM
If you don't like someone being happy/showboating, than stop them, dude can take a crap in the middle of the game for all I care if hes dropping 30+ and 50+ and making the majority of shots.

my friend understands why teams get pissed. he said it's annoying cuz steph has been doing it so long.

Budadiiii
02-28-2013, 08:12 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Kyrie hasn't won at any level. Being "clutch" does not mean you're a winner, it's most likely him wanting the spotlight for his own selfish reasons. Winning is done in the off season, when the cameras are off, winning is done in practice, and in the locker room. Don't face palm me like you know what you're talking about.

Lebron23
02-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Curry can do whatever he wants. You guys are so sensitive. He almost broke the NBA record for most 3 pointers in a single game.

scm5
02-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Curry can do whatever he wants. You guys are so sensitive. He almost broke the NBA record for most 3 pointers in a single game.

I'm fairly certain he's going to one of these days.

DMV2
02-28-2013, 08:25 PM
He would have broken it easily if he took 18/19 shots.

11 for 13!!!

The Choken One
02-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Kyrie hasn't won at any level. Being "clutch" does not mean you're a winner, it's most likely him wanting the spotlight for his own selfish reasons. Winning is done in the off season, when the cameras are off, winning is done in practice, and in the locker room. Don't face palm me like you know what you're talking about.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

You're a clown.

MisterAmazing
02-28-2013, 08:35 PM

Kyrie is a really good player on a bad team. Just because he hasn't won in his second season on a bad team - as opposed to Westbrook who has an MVP candidate on his team as well as a solid supporting cast - does not mean he lacks a winner's mentality. He is in a similar situation to Lebron, who until his third season, wasn't making the playoffs. He is the only one on the team capable of taking on the scoring load and taking the big shots, and it's not like he isn't setting up for others during the game. It's pretty clear he's doing the best he can to give the Cavs some success, even if they aren't succeeding. And how can you imply he isn't working hard enough in the offseason or in practice? Sure he hurt his hand, but he's made up for it with his production. You can't tell me he isn't working hard because his team isn't doing well. That's just ridiculous at this point in his career, he deserves time to develop. If I had to guess, he probably works harder than Westbrook :rockon:

Cali Syndicate
02-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Budadiiii's logic.....

Curry does his shimmy after hitting his 11th 3 and 54th point late in the 4th and keeping the game right in contention like he was doing all night long.

Westbrook hits 2 consecutive threes in the first quarter, stands there and holsters his guns.

Yet curry is the showboat.

Budadiiii
02-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Budadiiii's logic.....

Curry does his shimmy after hitting his 11th 3 and 54th point late in the 4th and keeping the game right in contention like he was doing all night long.

Westbrook hits 2 consecutive threes in the first quarter, stands there and holsters his guns.

Yet curry is the showboat.
Notice I didn't even criticize his show boating, I just called him a loser. You guys are becoming desperate. I understand you guys can't accept reality but god damn.

Curry, Melo, Irving. Combined will retire with 0 rings. All losers.

Budadiiii
02-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Kyrie is a really good player on a bad team. Just because he hasn't won in his second season on a bad team - as opposed to Westbrook who has an MVP candidate on his team as well as a solid supporting cast - does not mean he lacks a winner's mentality. He is in a similar situation to Lebron, who until his third season, wasn't making the playoffs. He is the only one on the team capable of taking on the scoring load and taking the big shots, and it's not like he isn't setting up for others during the game. It's pretty clear he's doing the best he can to give the Cavs some success, even if they aren't succeeding. And how can you imply he isn't working hard enough in the offseason or in practice? Sure he hurt his hand, but he's made up for it with his production. You can't tell me he isn't working hard because his team isn't doing well. That's just ridiculous at this point in his career, he deserves time to develop. If I had to guess, he probably works harder than Westbrook :rockon:
lulz

305Baller
02-28-2013, 09:14 PM
yeah. they lost. what a sucker.

Cali Syndicate
02-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Notice I didn't even criticize his show boating, I just called him a loser. You guys are becoming desperate. I understand you guys can't accept reality but god damn.

Curry, Melo, Irving. Combined will retire with 0 rings. All losers.

Want to know what I have noticed?

You criticize everyone not named Westbrook.

Budadiiii
02-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Want to know what I have noticed?

You criticize everyone not named Westbrook.
Yet I never see you criticizing Irving or Curry? Hypocrite much?

IGOTGAME
02-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Last two games I've watched of Curry have shown me enough of curry. I'm not a fan. Good player but getting overrated.

jimmy77x
02-28-2013, 09:32 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2102825/madruss.gif

ILLsmak
02-28-2013, 09:33 PM

/needs more emoticons

Great GIF lol

sports fans need to stop being **** about other players celebrating. If they are actually doing something outstanding, let them enjoy the moment.

-Smak

Budadiiii
02-28-2013, 09:34 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2102825/madruss.gif
:roll:

Shit is comedy. Dude just cares too much. Thats why I love him. :applause:

Clifton
02-28-2013, 09:54 PM
Young guy. You want that enthusiasm and cockiness in your young players. He doesn't show any signs of being a career knucklehead.

brandonislegend
02-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Don't mind Budadii he is still having nightmares...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIANMqJX0ig

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289509

ihoopallday
02-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Most NBA players will never drop 50 in a game. Heck, even 40. I think you're allowed to showboat.

IGOTGAME
02-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Most NBA players will never drop 50 in a game. Heck, even 40. I think you're allowed to showboat.
He looks like a idiot. It all looked really fake to me. Like he was thinking about stuff to do, wasn't organic. that's the stuff I hate.

code green
02-28-2013, 10:43 PM
He could have pulled his dick out and mushroom stamped spike lee on the forehead and gotten away with it if I was in charge. Dude went 11-13 from 3 in an NBA game....let him do whatever the **** he wants. :bowdown:

niko
02-28-2013, 11:11 PM
They lost and he made a bunch of bad plays down the stretch that included the showboating (he tried to dribble around the entire knicks teams and tossed it out of bounds when they were up 1, that was a big moment). When you showboat up the ass and lose, you get criticized. That is life.

G-train
02-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Listen up kids that are saying it was okay.
If you are gonna dance around like a fool, be pretty sure you have won the game first.
Preferably, act like a professional and bury them like a Mamba or Air Jordan or Larry or Lebron or Kareem, then light up a cigar and do a jig in the locker room if required.
He looks like a 13 year old girl doing the Harlem shake.

Cali Syndicate
03-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Yet I never see you criticizing Irving or Curry? Hypocrite much?

I hardly criticize anyone actually. Only times I ever really criticize a player is when replying to Stan's like yourself.

But you on the other hand? Like I said, criticize everyone except Westbrook. Irving's a loser, currys a loser, Kobe's a loser, everyone's a loser but westbrooks a winner right? Riiiiiiiiight...

LikeABosh
03-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Are New York fans sensitive self entitled *******?

clipps
03-01-2013, 02:25 AM
Too bad Curry was invisible when it counted. The way he was celebrating, you can tell he only cared about the individual stats than winning. You can tell by looking at his body language after the game. If Kobe, Lebron, Paul, Durant played like that in losing fashion, they'd walk off the court pissed off. Curry had that "we lost but I was awesome" look on his face. Not too mention celebrating too early. I was rooting for the Warriors until he shimmied past his teammate leaving him hanging.