PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin vs. James Harden

Kurosawa0
03-02-2013, 10:05 PM
If we redo the 2009 draft, who do you take 1st?

The Mamba
03-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Blake Griffin if I want to sell tickets.

James Harden, easily, for basketball reasons.

Fudge
03-02-2013, 10:12 PM
James Harden.

b1imtf
03-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Harden lol

Fiasco
03-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Blake Griffin rather easily.

Clyde
03-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Harden by a mile. He does way more than Blake

Smoke117
03-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Blake Griffin, easily.

handbanana
03-02-2013, 10:36 PM
top 10 draft picks 2009 would look like this for me in hindsight

1. Blake Griffin (maybe not the best player, but generates most money and exposure for the franchise)
2. James Harden (very close second, and depending on a team, could be #1, if they already have a very player at PF, say Dallas)
3. Jrue Holiday
4. Stephen Curry
5. Ricky Rubio
6. Ty Lawson
7. DeMar DeRozan
8. Tyreke Evans (great rookie year, could have been a great player if he got drafted by another franchise)
9. Taj Gibson
10. Brandon Jennings

Heavincent
03-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Harden easily.

brandonislegend
03-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Harden.

Griffin is hype beast should give half his salary to espn for the hype.

dbk123
03-02-2013, 10:49 PM
harden. easily

harden is proving he could lead a team the playoffs on his own.

blake griffin wouldnt be doing shit without cp3

noob cake
03-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Harden is harder to replace.

Griffin is not a #1 option like Harden. You can get a nice solid PF that can fill up 80% of Griffin's production relatively easily.

Fiasco
03-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Their PER is the same, and it's likely Griffin would have lead the Clippers to the playoffs in his rookie season had half the squad not been injured at vital parts of the season.

dbk123
03-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Their PER is the same, and it's likely Griffin would have lead the Clippers to the playoffs in his rookie season had half the squad not been injured at vital parts of the season.
how about no.

TylerOO
03-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Prince James

Clyde
03-02-2013, 11:00 PM

Lead who to the where??

nice avatar.

SCdac
03-02-2013, 11:00 PM
I'd go with Griffin. Leading scorer for a 40-26 team last season and leading scorer for a solid Clippers team this season (albeit they've come down to earth). Can pass the ball well for a big man, rebound with the best of em, and like Harden has room to grow. Put him on a team that plays as fast as the mid-2000's phoenix suns or current Rockets and I'm sure he'd be getting fast break point after fast break point and filling it up stat sheets. Defensively, I don't think either of them really stands out over the other, but I'd give the edge to Harden. Looking past the fact they were in the same draft, to me this is kind of like a "Amare Stoudemire vs. Gilbert Arenas" kind of question. Give me Tim Duncan or Dwayne Wade :oldlol:

Clyde
03-02-2013, 11:02 PM
to me this is kind of like a "Amare Stoudemire vs. Gilbert Arenas" kind of question. Give me Tim Duncan or Dwayne Wade :oldlol:

this is all kinds of awesome

Fiasco
03-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Lead who to the where??

nice avatar.

Thx.

SyRyanYang
03-02-2013, 11:11 PM
It's close but I'd go with Blake, big man who can post up, rebound and pass.
He also has more potential at this point.
But if it's draft you're talking about then it would depend on what the team needs

millwad
03-02-2013, 11:15 PM
It's close but I'd go with Blake, big man who can post up, rebound and pass.
He also has more potential at this point.
But if it's draft you're talking about then it would depend on what the team needs

Haha, what?

Can Blake post up?
And how does Blake have more potential?

SyRyanYang
03-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Haha, what?

Can Blake post up?

Don't post things you don't know only to look stupid

dbk123
03-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Don't post things you don't know only to look stupid
you actually dont even know the answer. I agree with him, how does he have more potential than harden?

PJR
03-02-2013, 11:21 PM
I'd go with Griffin. Leading scorer for a 40-26 team last season and leading scorer for a solid Clippers team this season (albeit they've come down to earth). Can pass the ball well for a big man, rebound with the best of em, and like Harden has room to grow. Put him on a team that plays as fast as the mid-2000's phoenix suns or current Rockets and I'm sure he'd be getting fast break point after fast break point and filling it up stat sheets. Defensively, I don't think either of them really stands out over the other, but I'd give the edge to Harden. Looking past the fact they were in the same draft, to me this is kind of like a "Amare Stoudemire vs. Gilbert Arenas" kind of question. Give me Tim Duncan or Dwayne Wade :oldlol:

Well said.

SyRyanYang
03-02-2013, 11:21 PM
you actually dont even know the answer. I agree with him, how does he have more potential than harden?
Because his game is less polished and he's much more athletic?:confusedshrug:
Tell me one aspect that Harden has improved from last year

Clyde
03-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Thx.

seriously tho. I liked Marco

dbk123
03-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Because his game is less polished and he's much more athletic?:confusedshrug:
Tell me one aspect that Harden has improved from last year
scoring better, better playmaking, improved mentally, taken role as the man. what has blake done since his rookie year? hes been getting worse ever since

SyRyanYang
03-02-2013, 11:26 PM
scoring better, better playmaking, improved mentally, taken role as the man. what has blake done since his rookie year? hes been getting worse ever since
:lol Proof that you've never watched a clippers game this year.
How's Harden scoring better when his fg% dropped by 5%.
He was already a incredible playmaker last year
improved mentally? Wait until he plays in another final

Pointguard
03-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Where are the posters Rekindled, Andremiller, Kellogs4Tonie, Duma and Ikill. They should have some input here as they believe Blake's improvement is right where it should be. I admit I had high expectations for him but I definitely would take Harden without much doubt.

Mr Exlax
03-02-2013, 11:50 PM
As a big Harden fan I'd take Blake rather easily. He's gonna fill seats and win games. Big men develop slower but I can see where his game has evolved from last season.

Smoke117
03-03-2013, 12:14 AM
As a big Harden fan I'd take Blake rather easily. He's gonna fill seats and win games. Big men develop slower but I can see where his game has evolved from last season.
It really isn't even that his game is evolving slower..he just 1. isn't a guard who always has the ball in his hands all the time and 2. He plays on a team with a hell of a lot more talent than the Rockets and the ball gets spread around a lot more scoring wise on the Clippers than the Rockets. That is without mentioning that Harden gets every bullshit foul call imaginable.

Whoah10115
03-03-2013, 12:14 AM
So much stupid shit said about Griffin, as if he isn't already a legit all-star.

Right now, Harden is better and has, I believe, done more. Who I would pick, I don't know...but talking about Griffin like he isn't worth a #1 pick is stupid.

b0bab0i
03-03-2013, 12:45 AM
harden. easily

harden is proving he could lead a team the playoffs on his own.

blake griffin wouldnt be doing shit without cp3
In Griffins first year playing, we had so many injuries during the first half of the season. Eric Gordon, Baron Davis, Chris Kaman were all injured. That's 3 starters.

Harden has Parsons, Asik, and Lin. Also Rockets have been losing quite a bit of games. Lakers might sneak in and steal the 8th spot.

FindingTim
03-03-2013, 12:52 AM
I'd still take Blake Griffin.
His game has blossomed nicely, and he is still improving, and his ceiling is in the clouds.

James Harden is a heck of an offensive player, but high scoring perimeter players are a lot easier to come by than hyper athletic, 25-10 potential power forwards like Blake.

mjokc
03-03-2013, 01:38 AM
A thread involving Blake Griffin and not a single post from Clippersfan86.

:bowdown:

nightprowler10
03-03-2013, 01:48 AM
James Harden is a heck of an offensive player, but high scoring perimeter players are a lot easier to come by than hyper athletic, 25-10 potential power forwards like Blake.

This. Blake Griffin.

maybeshewill13
03-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Harden. Easy question.

clipps
03-03-2013, 02:51 AM
Rookie Blake:
- couldn't shoot
-no post moves
-good ball handling and passing for a big
-liability on defense
-focal point of the offense

Current Blake:
-reliable mid range shooter
-improved ft shooter
-good all around defensive player
-Exceptional ball handling and passing(not just for a big)
-reliable post play.

brandonislegend
03-03-2013, 02:57 AM
Rookie Blake:
- couldn't shoot
-no post moves
-good ball handling and passing for a big
-liability on defense
-focal point of the offense

Current Blake:
-reliable mid range shooter
-improved ft shooter
-good all around defensive player
-Exceptional ball handling and passing(not just for a big)
-reliable post play.

I had a good laugh

SyRyanYang
03-03-2013, 03:02 AM
I had a good laugh
Breaking news. This random guy just laughed.:coleman:

Fiasco
03-03-2013, 04:10 AM
In Griffins first year playing, we had so many injuries during the first half of the season. Eric Gordon, Baron Davis, Chris Kaman were all injured. That's 3 starters.

Harden has Parsons, Asik, and Lin. Also Rockets have been losing quite a bit of games. Lakers might sneak in and steal the 8th spot.

+1.

senelcoolidge
03-03-2013, 05:30 AM
Griffin easily. Big man. One of the best post players. Demands double teaming. Has intangibles. Defends. Very unselfish and wants to win. Harden is a nice player too.

SuperCoolBeeeez
03-03-2013, 05:33 AM
A thread involving Blake Griffin and not a single post from Clippersfan86.

:bowdown:
Griffey may have had lead leading dunk, but harden had lead leaguing beard.

Aight then,
Beeeez

brantonli
03-03-2013, 08:44 AM
:lol Proof that you've never watched a clippers game this year.
How's Harden scoring better when his fg% dropped by 5%.
He was already a incredible playmaker last year
improved mentally? Wait until he plays in another final

Were you expecting Harden to somehow boost his PPG by 10 points and have his FG% stay exactly the same? 45% is still respectable for a perimeter player. And on average he's only doing that with an extra 7 minutes on the court (31 min with OKC vs 38 min with Rockets). the extra pace the Rockets play at definitely helps of course.

Usually I would take the big man, because as a rule of thumb, you almost always take the big man over the wing, simply because it's harder to find them.

dannywpt
03-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Funny how 90% of the answers have "easily", "obviously", "clearly", "by a mile" and so on, but the total adds up to about 50% for each player. :applause:

Kurosawa0
03-03-2013, 12:10 PM
It's just funny to me that this is actually a legit debate now. I'd take Blake, but you could really go with Harden. No one would've ever had this discussion before the start of this season.

RRR3
03-03-2013, 12:12 PM
I hope people saying Blake are basing it off potential. No one actually thinks Blake is better than Harden I hope.

Legends66NBA7
03-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Blake Griffin, since nobody would have believed Harden would have been able to put up these type of numbers on a top pace team back in 2009.

Also, I think Griffin could pretty much put up better numbers if he was at that high of pace too. Today's game favors guards/perimeter players, so I think Harden as the top option now will only be favored more in the long-run.

Fiasco
03-03-2013, 03:09 PM
I hope people saying Blake are basing it off potential. No one actually thinks Blake is better than Harden I hope.

Blake brings as much to the table as Harden does, but he plays less minutes so his stats aren't all there.

qrich
03-03-2013, 03:23 PM
The guy who puts up the stats, his mark on the game and also asses in the seats.

Haha, what?

Can Blake post up?

No, Blake can't post up, he still just dunks on people.

Just like Harden has no skills, he just flops to get to the foul line.

How about a bigger offensive repertoire? Using his athleticism in multiple ways to improve his play on the court? Greatly improving his defense? Become more vocal on the court?

But hey, you don't watch the games, in the slightest.

Breaking news. This random guy just laughed.:coleman:

Dude is an idiot. Plain and simple.

Jamario Moon started 7 games :bowdown: Brian Cook 11 minutes per :bowdown: Gomes the GOAT.

GOBB
03-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Griffin is the choice every single time. He's more marketable than Harden will EVER be. The end.

SCdac
03-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Funny how 90% of the answers have "easily", "obviously", "clearly", "by a mile" and so on, but the total adds up to about 50% for each player. :applause:

This.

I noticed it as it was happening too. And I don't think it's necessarily that one is "easily" better than the other, it's just people are in love with their own opinions and convictions. Only way anybody would take Harden easily over Griffin, imo, is in fantasy basketball. Because his stats are clearly better.

RoseCity07
03-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Harden.