PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade are both on steriods

PleezeBelieve
03-04-2013, 01:01 AM
We can agree to this?

CP3MVP
03-04-2013, 01:14 AM
Steroids? Nah. Wade probably uses HGH, but Kobe's body has pretty much stayed the same since his afro days.

flipogb
03-04-2013, 01:19 AM
Kobe no / Wade yes , but that doesn't mean Kobe isn't on something

ripthekik
03-04-2013, 01:19 AM
nah, just lebron

TOUCH MY BODY
03-04-2013, 01:20 AM
Old man Kobe been doin' this shit his entire career :bowdown: He doesn't need roids.

talkingconch
HAHAH after that lebron rumor all the stans are out. sorry stans :lol :roll:

ProfessorMurder
Kobe no / Wade yes , but that doesn't mean Kobe isn't on something

That German knee stuff is basically blood doping mixed with other shit. Guarantee it's made illegal for athletes in a few years.

Allstar24
03-04-2013, 01:22 AM
I don't know about Wade but Kobe CLEARLY isn't. He has something got skill and talent so what he's doing right now isn't surprising me at all...its something you won't understand so keep thinking he's "on steroids" if it helps you sleep at night. Just remember your favorite player at Kobe's age will always be inferior to him.

tazb
03-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Doubts on Wade, but Kobe is 120% on something for sure, maybe not steroids. Maybe HGH, who knows. Next season can't come fast enough for Stern to check these players.

Dwade305
03-04-2013, 01:24 AM
All top athletes are on somethings, have been on something, or are contemplating on being on something very soon. You got to be dumb to think otherwise

Mr. Incredible
03-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Kobe is definitely on something. Too bad with Dwight, Nash, AND Gasol he still can't win a ring with all those HOF's. His legacy is not that impressive IMO.

G-train
03-04-2013, 01:25 AM
I think most of the older or injured guys are on something.
Kobe, Wade, Duncan, Garnett... etc.

DirtySanchez
03-04-2013, 01:26 AM
nah, just lebron

I agree with this this dude already looked like a man at 17.

BlackVVaves
03-04-2013, 01:26 AM
That German knee stuff is basically blood doping mixed with other shit. Guarantee it's made illegal for athletes in a few years.

Except he had it done in the summer of 2011, which preceded a rather inefficient season for Kobe's standards.

He chose to not have it done this past off-season. And actually, considering all the mileage his body has taken when taking into account the London Olympics this past summer, Kobe really should be having one of his worst seasons on the way to decline. Not one of his best in the last 4 years.

tazb
03-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Kobe going to overdose on the shit he's taking for the playoffs and win the chip. :roll:

DaSeba5
HAHAH after that lebron rumor all the stans are out. sorry stans :lol :roll:

The irony is that the Kobe stans are also quick to defend him

ProfessorMurder
Except he had it done in the summer of 2011, which preceded a rather inefficient season for Kobe's standards.

Poor efficiency doesn't mean the knee surgery isn't shady.

And choosing not to do it before the Olympics might be telling as well. With Olympic testing and all.

I've done research on the surgery, I'm not just hating.

Heavincent
03-04-2013, 01:31 AM
Kobe's definitely not on steroids. He's really not that big (by NBA standards at least). He only weighs about 205 I think. That's actually pretty light for a guy who is 6'6.

The only time he might have been on HGH or steroids was around 03 when he was about 230 pounds of pure muscle.

Poetry
03-04-2013, 01:33 AM

It's not FDA approved, but it's legal if it's done outside the country. The FDA hasn't determined whether enough manipulation occurs to have the procedure labeled a "drug."

willds09
03-04-2013, 01:34 AM
The irony is that the Kobe stans are also quick to defend him
what about queen james??:lol :roll:

DaSeba5
03-04-2013, 01:35 AM
what about queen james??:lol :roll:

That's not going to bait me. I'm not a LeBron stan. Think what you want.

TOUCH MY BODY
03-04-2013, 01:36 AM
Old man Kobe raping kids at age 57 and you got clowns claiming he is roiding :oldlol:

Hate him or love him, give credit where it's due. Appreciate greatness because he's gone soon.

willds09
03-04-2013, 01:37 AM
That's not going to bait me. I'm not a LeBron stan. Think what you want.
but still hes your team's leader:oldlol:

willds09
03-04-2013, 01:38 AM
We can agree to this?
only wade and lebron:applause:

DaSeba5
but still hes your team's leader:oldlol:

Really? Because I thought everyone said Wade was the alpha on this team, and LeBron benefits from a stacked team. :confusedshrug:

takai
Doubts on Wade, but Kobe is 120% on something for sure, maybe not steroids. Maybe HGH, who knows. Next season can't come fast enough for Stern to check these players.

Kobe going to overdose on the shit he's taking for the playoffs and win the chip. :roll:

Seriously? Jesus :facepalm

ProfessorMurder
03-04-2013, 01:39 AM
It's not FDA approved, but it's legal if it's done outside the country. The FDA hasn't determined whether enough manipulation occurs to have the procedure labeled a "drug."

Oh I know, but in my opinion it would qualify as a performance enhancer.

willds09
03-04-2013, 01:40 AM
Kobe is definitely on something. Too bad with Dwight, Nash, AND Gasol he still can't win a ring with all those HOF's. His legacy is not that impressive IMO.
u hating :lol and what about lebron's legacy compared to kobe?:roll:

bmd
03-04-2013, 01:42 AM
Steroids? Nah. Wade probably uses HGH, but Kobe's body has pretty much stayed the same since his afro days.That means nothing. Many athletes use steroids for recovery.

And during a grueling 82 game season, steroids can work miracles in allowing a player to recover fast to maintain a high level of play.

Poetry
03-04-2013, 01:42 AM

Kobe has way too much pride to take anything illegal.

PJR
03-04-2013, 01:45 AM
Kobe has way too much pride to take anything illegal.

http://www.chartattack.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/29-Camron-NP.gif

j3lademaster
03-04-2013, 01:45 AM
Kobe's definitely not on steroids. He's really not that big (by NBA standards at least). He only weighs about 205 I think. That's actually pretty light for a guy who is 6'6.

The only time he might have been on HGH or steroids was around 03 when he was about 230 pounds of pure muscle.Roids don't make you big... lol. It reduces the pain when you work out (doesn't have to be weights or anything that makes you "big") and helps your muscle cells repair itself faster. Do your research, please. A lot of pitchers use steroids because tears in the z discs in muscles in the shoulder cause them to be sore. Steroids just makes the repair faster so they could... pitch sooner. In healthy form. So please, get off this thought that if you take roids you'll automatically turn into Popeye or something. You still have to put your time in the weight room to get "big". Roids just makes that and ANY KIND OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY easier to do and recover from.

DaSeba5
03-04-2013, 01:46 AM
Roids don't make you big... lol. It reduces the pain when you work out (doesn't have to be weights or anything that makes you "big") and helps your muscle cells repair itself faster. Do your research, please. A lot of pitchers use steroids because tears in the z discs in muscles in the shoulder cause them to be sore. Steroids just makes the repair faster so they could... pitch sooner. In healthy form. So please, get off this thought that if you take roids you'll automatically turn into Popeye or something. You still have to put your time in the weight room to get "big". Roids just makes that and ANY KIND OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY easier to do and recover from.

Finally a quality post here

PJR
03-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Roids don't make you big... lol. It reduces the pain when you work out (doesn't have to be weights or anything that makes you "big") and helps your muscle cells repair itself faster. Do your research, please. A lot of pitchers use steroids because tears in the z discs in muscles in the shoulder cause them to be sore. Steroids just makes the repair faster so they could... pitch sooner. In healthy form. So please, get off this thought that if you take roids you'll automatically turn into Popeye or something. You still have to put your time in the weight room to get "big". Roids just makes that and ANY KIND OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY easier to do and recover from.

+1. Someone who knows his shit.

It's all about recovery, man

EnoughSaid
03-04-2013, 01:51 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5Q6gj0W8sTM/TjmCRvDpBOI/AAAAAAAAAHs/zU35cUAWUbQ/s1600/mjsecret.jpg

:pimp:

DMV2
03-04-2013, 01:53 AM
+1. Someone who knows his shit.

It's all about recovery, man
Yup. A couple of baseball players who admitted using it, had used it during an injury period of their career. Andy Pettite was one of them.
I bet most athletes are on injury and healing related steroids.

game3524
03-04-2013, 01:54 AM
Lmao at the PED accusation.

Kobe is 34 not 44, so it shouldn't be a surprise that once in a while he does stuff like this. I mean Vince is 35 and has thrown down more nasty dunks then Kobe has this year.

chazzy
03-04-2013, 01:55 AM
They don't add anything to your blood, they just take a concentrated part of it to help reduce inflammation in your joints.

ihoopallday
03-04-2013, 01:59 AM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Djahjaga
03-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Old man Kobe raping kids at age 57 and you got clowns claiming he is roiding :oldlol:

Hate him or love him, give credit where it's due. Appreciate greatness because he's gone soon.

He's raping children now, too?

Edit: haha Someone got seriously butthurt over this comment because they negged me for having "low IQ." Gotta love the irony.

ProfessorMurder
03-04-2013, 02:10 AM
They don't add anything to your blood, they just take a concentrated part of it to help reduce inflammation in your joints.

They centrifuge your blood, remove platelets, boost/concentrate the platelets, add extra chemicals, and inject the blood back to the area to 'stimulate growth' and 'reduce inflammation/arthritis'. Stimulating growth and repair of joints with amped up blood.

Instead of red blood cells for endurance in blood doping, they're boosting platelets for growth of a part of your body that shouldn't have that.

DFish24
03-04-2013, 02:22 AM
D-Wade maybe, Kobe no.

chazzy
03-04-2013, 02:27 AM
They centrifuge your blood, remove platelets, boost/concentrate the platelets, add extra chemicals, and inject the blood back to the area to 'stimulate growth' and 'reduce inflammation/arthritis'. Stimulating growth and repair of joints with amped up blood.

Instead of red blood cells for endurance in blood doping, they're boosting platelets for growth of a part of your body that shouldn't have that.
This is where the fine line between treatment and drug therapy is drawn. Nothing is added to the blood taken out - they isolate a layer of the blood and re-inject that layer to give the joint a concentrated amount of the anti-inflammatory agents

ProfessorMurder
03-04-2013, 02:30 AM
This is where the fine line between treatment and drug therapy is drawn. Nothing is added to the blood taken out - they isolate a layer of the blood and re-inject that layer to give the joint a concentrated amount of the layer

Numerous sources say they add extra anti-inflammatory stuff depending on the case.

Like I said, it's not illegal and involves no banned substances, but I just feel like it's fishy.

Magic 32
03-04-2013, 05:39 AM
Kobe haters (and Lebron stans) are literally panicing. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tking714
03-04-2013, 05:57 AM
Roids and HGH increase recovery time and hormone levels. They DO NOT just add random amounts of muscle or make you jacked outta nowhere

Just because someone appears slim doesn't rule out anything... seriously

dunksby
03-04-2013, 06:21 AM
SMH @ people who think PEDs are OK as long as they facilitate recovery time, guess what it results in abnormal and unfair advantage that leads to enhanced performance. Honestly I'm tired of trying to explain to idiots how taking PEDs are cheating your way to success.

KenneBell
03-04-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't think Kobe is on PEDs but that German procedure helped him significantly in my opinion. People forget that he also had it done on one of his ankles as well.

Who knows though...nothing would surprise me anymore. When HGH testing gets to the NFL and NBA, we might see some surprises. Most likely not but maybe a few.

Real Men Wear Green
03-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Bryant broke no rule that we know of with the knee procedure so if it's so wonderful other guys should go do it too. Fact of the matter is Bynum had it done and he's still out, and T-Mac didn't have a major resurgence after they did it for him. As for Wade, we didn't even see anyone post the pics of his cheeks that some of you like to use as proof of his PED abuse.

I don't rule out the possibility of any pro athlete doping, there are millions of dollars at stake and you don't know what a guy is doing in secret until/unless he gets busted. But you really should not be accusing specific players when you have no proof whatsoever. You are now just saying a great athlete is doping because he's a great athlete. If they weren't the best of the best they wouldn't be in the NBA to begin with.

MaxFly
03-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Bryant broke no rule that we know of with the knee procedure so if it's so wonderful other guys should go do it too. Fact of the matter is Bynum had it done and he's still out, and T-Mac didn't have a major resurgence after they did it for him. As for Wade, we didn't even see anyone post the pics of his cheeks that some of you like to use as proof of his PED abuse.

I don't rule out the possibility of any pro athlete doping, there are millions of dollars at stake and you don't know what a guy is doing in secret until/unless he gets busted. But you really should not be accusing specific players when you have no proof whatsoever. You are now just saying a great athlete is doping because he's a great athlete. If they weren't the best of the best they wouldn't be in the NBA to begin with.

:applause:

IGOTGAME
03-04-2013, 11:07 AM
I've always been suspicious of Wade during the 2008-2009 season. He looked done the year before and could barely move. Gets knee surgery adds 15 pounds of bulk and is back to catching widmill oops by the Olympics. Just seemed extremely odd to me.

KenneBell
03-04-2013, 11:16 AM
I've always been suspicious of Wade during the 2008-2009 season. He looked done the year before and could barely move. Gets knee surgery adds 15 pounds of bulk and is back to catching widmill oops by the Olympics. Just seemed extremely odd to me.
I think everyone was a little surprised. He was an absolute monster from the Olympics until the end of the '09 season. That second half of the season was ridiculous.

Then Wade got out of shape again. He was still great in '10 but it wasn't close to '09.

Ikill
03-04-2013, 11:22 AM
He had a major shoulder injury and it limited like crazy but it wasn't going to have long term effects. So as soon as he got healthy he regained his athleticism and worked out like crazy.

LikeABosh
03-04-2013, 11:29 AM
So much of you guys really don't understand steroids and HgH

Real Men Wear Green
03-04-2013, 11:33 AM
You're saying he was "done" in a season where he averaged 24.6 points, 6.9 assists and 4.2 rebounds. "Odd" is not proof of PED. He missed 30 games, he got his knees worked on because he needed to, since when is it unheard of for a guy in his mid-twenties to come back strong from surgery? We shouldn't be making these accusations just because Wade is good. We should wait until he's linked to Balco or A-Rod's trainer or some piece of real evidence like that. Don't accuse a guy because one season he averaged 27, then "drops" to 24, and then does 30.

Ikill
03-04-2013, 11:38 AM
I think everyone was a little surprised. He was an absolute monster from the Olympics until the end of the '09 season. That second half of the season was ridiculous.

Then Wade got out of shape again. He was still great in '10 but it wasn't close to '09.
I wonder how much Wade could of improved after that 09 season if he continued to work on his game. Maybe he could of maintained that second half of the season level for an entire season and add on to it with consistent free throw shooting and post game.

Dresta
03-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Except he was the best player in the league in the 06/07 season before he got injured. Then for that 09 season had masses of time off and came back with something to prove after working himself into insane shape with Tim Grover. He was playing injured the season before - so it's not so surprising to me.

Wade gets too many wear-and-tear injuries from just being worn down by a long season to be abusing imo - obviously no more than a guess though.

creepingdeath
03-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Roids and HGH increase recovery time and hormone levels. They DO NOT just add random amounts of muscle or make you jacked outta nowhere

Just because someone appears slim doesn't rule out anything... seriously
/This

SMH @ISHiots in this thread. Those guys are pro athletes. There is a 99% chance they are using something, and yes, that includes Kobe, even though "he has a thin jaw line so he never touched that stuff herpderp".

IGOTGAME
03-04-2013, 12:10 PM
You're saying he was "done" in a season where he averaged 24.6 points, 6.9 assists and 4.2 rebounds. "Odd" is not proof of PED. He missed 30 games, he got his knees worked on because he needed to, since when is it unheard of for a guy in his mid-twenties to come back strong from surgery? We shouldn't be making these accusations just because Wade is good. We should wait until he's linked to Balco or A-Rod's trainer or some piece of real evidence like that. Don't accuse a guy because one season he averaged 27, then "drops" to 24, and then does 30.
1. You are playing semantics.

2. That post did not accuse anyone of cheating.

But to elaborate on my post. He came back in less then 3 months and had added 15 pounds of bulk at the same time. Anyone that has played ball and had a knee surgery knows how weird that is for that time frame. He was jumping higher than possibly ever with 15 pounds of extra bulk on him when right after knee surgery. Again, I'm not not accusing him of anything, It is just extremely odd. Said it at the time, and I will continue to say it.

Dresta
03-04-2013, 12:33 PM
1. You are playing semantics.

2. That post did not accuse anyone of cheating.

But to elaborate on my post. He came back in less then 3 months and had added 15 pounds of bulk at the same time. Anyone that has played ball and had a knee surgery knows how weird that is for that time frame. He was jumping higher than possibly ever with 15 pounds of extra bulk on him when right after knee surgery. Again, I'm not not accusing him of anything, It is just extremely odd. Said it at the time, and I will continue to say it.
He sat out from the beginning of March onwards: so it's more like 5 months than 3.

Also, he did not even have surgery in 2008, he had that in May 2007, in 2008 he merely had Ossatron shock therapy treatment. Here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3286076

In short: you are talking garbage and spouting lies.

IGOTGAME
03-04-2013, 12:44 PM
He sat out from the beginning of March onwards: so it's more like 5 months than 3.

Also, he did not even have surgery in 2008, he had that in May 2007, in 2008 he merely had Ossatron shock therapy treatment. Here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3286076

In short: you are talking garbage and spouting lies.
Sorry bro, don't have time to Google stuff. I'm going off my memory from 5 years ago. Regardless, it seemed quite odd.

tomtucker
03-04-2013, 12:48 PM
his trick is ice........:wtf:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1487290-kobe-bryant-and-ice-is-it-helping-save-his-damaged-knees-and-the-lakers-season

LA_Showtime
03-04-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm guessing most of the NBA has or currently takes performance enhancing substances. There are millions of dollars at stakes and from everything I've read it's easy to beat the system.

And :oldlol: @ people saying Kobe has too much pride to take steroids. The man cheated on his wife and might have raped a chick. Yeah, there's no way he would take steroids.

Bandito
03-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Really? Because I thought everyone said Wade was the alpha on this team, and LeBron benefits from a stacked team. :confusedshrug:
thats is so 2011 and if you're not a lebron Stan why do you care so much who's the leader of team as long as the team is winning? :roll:

creepingdeath
03-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm guessing most of the NBA has or currently takes performance enhancing substances. There are millions of dollars at stakes and from everything I've read it's easy to beat the system.

And :oldlol: @ people saying Kobe has too much pride to take steroids. The man cheated on his wife and might have raped a chick. Yeah, there's no way he would take steroids.
Most knowledgeable LA fan on ISH. :applause:

Funnyfuka
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM
they are ALL on hgh and steroids. Prolly considered as legal "hrt" / hormone replacement therapy given by expert doctors.

Also you realize not all steroids are designed for increased muscle mass right? Someone can ben on steroids and hgh solely for recovery and not just "gaining muscles". Steroids accelerate anabolism and repair of muscles/joints. Hgh do the same.

Funnyfuka
03-04-2013, 03:56 PM
I don't think Kobe is on PEDs but that German procedure helped him significantly in my opinion. People forget that he also had it done on one of his ankles as well.

Who knows though...nothing would surprise me anymore. When HGH testing gets to the NFL and NBA, we might see some surprises. Most likely not but maybe a few.
there wont be any surprises cause the nfl and nba both know the athletes are using and actually protect them.

Euroleague
03-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Yes, they are.

Vertical-24
03-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Most knowledgeable LA fan on ISH. :applause:

The most knowledgeable LA fan on ISH because he questioned Kobe's morality?
:oldlol:

I highly doubt Kobe is doping...doesn't seem his style. When it comes to the game of Basketball, I don't think he would even think to find some easy way out or cheat his way to top form. When Michael was 34 and jamming, I don't remember anyone accusing him of juicing. Appreciate greatness and the hard work that goes into it.

shaq2000
03-04-2013, 08:31 PM

Anabolic steroids don't promote abnormal muscle growth? Wrong. They do by specifically increasing protein in muscle cells. They increase lean mass especially.

j3lademaster
03-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Anabolic steroids don't promote abnormal muscle growth? Wrong. They do by specifically increasing protein in muscle cells. They increase lean mass especially.Where did I say roids don't promote muscle growth? How do you think muscle cells repair itself? By growing? BINGO! I made this post to ridicule how inane it is to dismiss someone of being on roids simply because they don't look like the incredible Hulk.

Again, steroids don't just make you big out of nowhere; it just makes your workout easier to do (as in... gee... idk... making you get more out of it?) and recovery faster. When you're sore after lifting weights, all that is is your body telling you that you need protein. And that's what steroids provides for you at abnormal levels.

shaq2000
03-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Where did I say roids don't promote muscle growth? How do you think muscle cells repair itself? By growing? BINGO! I made this post to ridicule how inane it is to dismiss someone of being on roids simply because they don't look like the incredible Hulk.

Again, steroids don't just make you big out of nowhere; it just makes your workout easier to do (as in... gee... idk... making you get more out of it?) and recovery faster. When you're sore after lifting weights, all that is is your body telling you that you need protein. And that's what steroids provides for you at abnormal levels.

You said steroids don't make you big. That's not necessarily true. They directly promote muscle hypertrophy and the formation of new muscle fibers. Take a guy who never enters a gym, pump him full of anabolic steroids and take a look at him a few months later. He won't be massive without lifting, but the difference in mass would still be noticeable. More lean mass, less fat. A player not being huge isn't proof that he's not juicing, true, but a player suddenly putting on mass can be evidence of juicing, especially in the upper body. Traps are usually a key sign.

PJR
03-04-2013, 09:20 PM
You said steroids don't make you big. That's not necessarily true.

You obviously cannot read.

shaq2000
03-04-2013, 09:22 PM
You obviously cannot read.

Is that right?

Roids don't make you big... lol.

KDthunderup
03-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Kobe would be using something like peps to increase the amount of collagen in his body

PJR
03-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Is that right?

Lol I stand corrected, my bad. You are right though about steroids still taking a massive effect, even without the aid of gym work.