Fri, Mar 15, 2013 @ Milwaukee Bucks W 107 94 W 21
Sun, Mar 17, 2013 @ Toronto Raptors W 108 91 W 22
Mon, Mar 18, 2013 @ Boston Celtics W 105 103 W 23
Wed, Mar 20, 2013 @ Cleveland Cavaliers W 98 95 W 24
Fri, Mar 22, 2013 Detroit Pistons W 103 89 W 25
Sun, Mar 24, 2013 Charlotte Bobcats W 109 77 W 26
Mon, Mar 25, 2013 @ Orlando Magic W 108 94 W 27

Wed, Mar 27, 2013 @ Chicago Bulls L 101 97 LOSS

Love them or hate them, the Miami HEAT are on fire. The Miami HEAT just set a franchise record with 15 straight wins.

The longest streak of the season so far belongs to the Clippers with 17 wins, which ties for the 12th longest winning streak of all time.

18 wins would tie for 7th all time.
19 wins would tie for 5th all time.

I'm not saying the HEAT will be breaking the Lakers record 33 game winning streak, but they are in a position to gun for one of the longest streaks in NBA history.

They have 4 home games coming up against:

Wed 6 vs Orlando
Fri 8 vs Philadelphia
Sun 10 vs Indiana
Tues 12 vs Atlanta

How long can they keep it going?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_longest_wi nning_streaks

r15mohd
03-05-2013, 09:42 AM
If they get through Indiana, they have a really good chance to aim for the record as that's the only real threat IMO.

Faptastrophe
03-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Realistic tip: under the weight of the winning streak and an unfavorable match-up, we lose in a close game to the Pacers at home. Streak ends at 17 and we tie the Clippers.

Optimistic tip: they take it seriously and ball through the first half of march. Though, we fall short to the Celtics in Boston on a back-to-back, the last game in a 3 away games in 4 days trip. Doc knows his stuff. Streak ends at 22, history was made.

Mr. Incredible
03-05-2013, 10:19 AM
If they beat Indiana, they will have beaten every team in the league. Pretty impressive

Magic 32
03-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Better now then during the playoffs. :rockon:

Dragonyeuw
03-05-2013, 10:33 AM
They won't beat the streak, and they'll probably wind up losing to a bottom-dwelling team.Of all the NBA records, this is one I don't expect to be broken anytime soon, if at all....

arifgokcen
03-05-2013, 10:43 AM
They are gonna beat pacers.I am more sure about that win than win against home team.Heat just dont lose at home.

Look at the losses at home.
Against knicks without melo
Against GSW pathetic effort
Against bulls.
They all beat those teams convincingly.
I dont see them losing until @bucks game.They struggle against them and bucks is a good home team.

Sarcastic
03-05-2013, 10:45 AM
If they get through Indiana, they have a really good chance to aim for the record as that's the only real threat IMO.

Whoa. Settle down. They are not even half way there.

r15mohd
03-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Whoa. Settle down. They are not even half way there.

based on their play, Indiana is the only team posing a real threat to Miami because of match-ups and how George can defend Lebron the best out of anyone

San Antonio will be without Parker
Boston, dont see Miami losing to a Rondo-less squad
Chicago cant produce offensively enough to tame them right now
Knicks, well we saw what happened Sunday when LBJ covers Melo

if Miami does lose, watch it be to a very low seeded squad that's taken for granted...that's usually how these streaks end anyways

Sarcastic
03-05-2013, 11:59 AM
based on their play, Indiana is the only team posing a real threat to Miami because of match-ups and how George can defend Lebron the best out of anyone

San Antonio will be without Parker
Boston, dont see Miami losing to a Rondo-less squad
Chicago cant produce offensively enough to tame them right now
Knicks, well we saw what happened Sunday when LBJ covers Melo

if Miami does lose, watch it be to a very low seeded squad that's taken for granted...that's usually how these streaks end anyways

I'll bet you $500 that they don't break the record.

Alan Ogg
03-05-2013, 12:05 PM
HEAT are currently 26-3 at home going into these next 4 home games.

r15mohd
03-05-2013, 12:15 PM
I'll bet you $500 that they don't break the record.

:rolleyes:
overzealous Knicks fans...lol

Sarcastic
03-05-2013, 12:18 PM
:rolleyes:
overzealous Knicks fans...lol

Don't dance around the issue. Take the bet or not. Like you said, they only have 1 game that they can lose.

scm5
03-05-2013, 12:34 PM
I do not see the Heat losing anytime soon.

Wade is healthy and beasting, Lebron has been beasting all season and his worst games look like some star players best games.

Indiana and Atlanta have the best shot at beating them, just from their past games and how close they were. I still don't think they do though. Lebron has been in a "funk" lately (7 TO's last night) and I'm sure he comes out of it very soon, if the Heat were going to lose, it would be during Lebron's "funk".

LikeABosh
03-05-2013, 12:35 PM
It will extend to 20+ then they'll lose some random game to a scrub team

Nash
03-05-2013, 12:57 PM
It depends on though. If Lebron Wade and the rest take it seriously and really do wanna set some kinda record (not beating the 33 game record) they will probably take the game against Indiana seriously because they finally wanna beat them and obviously keep the streak alive. If that happens, they'll beat Indiana. If not and they just don't bring in that playoff mentality, then that streak could possibly end there.

ripthekik
03-05-2013, 01:47 PM
if lebron takes more PEDs, heat should be able to extend it a bit more no prooblem.

Alan Ogg
03-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Nice little pictorial by SI showing the longest winning streaks by each franchise. Bobcats longest winning streak only 6 games!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/photos/7001/nba-winning-streaks-by-franchise/1/

r15mohd
03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Don't dance around the issue. Take the bet or not. Like you said, they only have 1 game that they can lose.

name the game and the point spread to the loss...

Clifton
03-05-2013, 02:47 PM
The most impressive winning streak I've seen is that one the Rockets had that one time, because they weren't even good. Was like 22 games or something.

lilgodfather1
03-05-2013, 03:02 PM
The most impressive winning streak I've seen is that one the Rockets had that one time, because they weren't even good. Was like 22 games or something.
That streak was absolutely no joke. I remember they did it without Yao, and TMac for quite a long time, and it was when the West was incredibly strong.

Sarcastic
03-05-2013, 04:20 PM
name the game and the point spread to the loss...

I am not trying to bet on any particular game.

I will bet $500 that they DO NOT break the record for most consecutive wins. You're the one saying they can do it.

r15mohd
03-05-2013, 04:28 PM
I am not trying to bet on any particular game.

I will bet $500 that they DO NOT break the record for most consecutive wins. You're the one saying they can do it.

I have faith in them doing it, thats what fans do...same way you have faith in the Knicks winning more than 1 playoff game this post-season lol

keep your money boss, I'm not betting...it's against my forum religion :lol

DaSeba5
03-05-2013, 04:43 PM
I have faith in them doing it, thats what fans do...same way you have faith in the Knicks winning more than 1 playoff game this post-season lol

keep your money boss, I'm not betting...it's against my forum religion :lol

They can, but I doubt it. None of us expected to lose to Washington, so really we can't look at the schedule and say all those teams are automatic wins.

All Net
03-05-2013, 04:49 PM
They can, but I doubt it. None of us expected to lose to Washington, so really we can't look at the schedule and say all those teams are automatic wins.

As they say anything can happen in the regular season.. No win is a lock. No doubt miami will badly want to beat Indiana though. Like against the Knicks.. Revenge is always sweet.

DaSeba5
03-05-2013, 04:50 PM
As they say anything can happen in the regular season.. No win is a lock. No doubt miami will badly want to beat Indiana though. Like against the Knicks.. Revenge is always sweet.

Especially at home. They beat us twice in Indiana.

305Baller
03-05-2013, 05:03 PM
These are good times.

I havent seen the Heat play this well since the 1st season of Shaq/Wade.

Heat are just in total control.

All Net
03-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Think difference is wade is how playing like superstar wade..

Alan Ogg
03-07-2013, 03:08 AM
16 and counting. That was a close one. Any team can beat any team on any given night.

Alan Ogg
03-08-2013, 11:19 PM
17 straight wins and counting. HEAT tie the Clippers for the longest winning streak this season.

The_Yearning
03-09-2013, 12:28 AM
17 straight wins and counting. HEAT tie the Clippers for the longest winning streak this season.

Clippers won 17 straight? Lmao when did that happen

InspiredLebowski
03-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Indy's gonna be the bookends

RoundMoundOfReb
03-09-2013, 01:42 AM
Clippers won 17 straight? Lmao when did that happen
december iirc

TMT
03-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Spurs and Clippers have done similar things this season, but unfortunately for them whenever the Heat do something it's much more universal. :lol The Heat better hope they aren't clicking too early though.

kaiteng
03-09-2013, 03:00 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e0/Energizer_Bunny.png/220px-Energizer_Bunny.png

Mrofir
03-09-2013, 03:18 AM
nobody is beating the heat this year. Season is over. Watch for storylines.

Lebron23
03-09-2013, 03:56 AM
http://men.hotnews.bg/uploads/tinymce/lebron-baseball.jpg

FreezingTsmoove
03-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Spurs and Clippers have done similar things this season, but unfortunately for them whenever the Heat do something it's much more universal. :lol The Heat better hope they aren't clicking too early though.

Thats not true at all. Dont be an assclown you know the Spurs got the recognition they deserved during their streak this year AND last year

willds09
03-09-2013, 09:43 AM
nobody is beating the heat this year. Season is over. Watch for storylines.
:roll:

DirtySanchez
03-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Props to the Heat on this amazing run. I have no clue who could beat them right now. Great all around team effort. The big three are balling.

willds09
03-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Props to the Heat on this amazing run. I have no clue who could beat them right now. Great all around team effort. The big three are balling.
Spurs, and knicks will beat them for sure, tha pacers big maybe

arifgokcen
03-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Dude spurs didnt have that kind of streak and clippers 17 game winning streak pales in comparison with heat streak.

Clippers played only 4 playoff teams(mind that utah will not be in playoffs).
Those 4 teams that will qualify for playoffs are
Boston,Denver,Bucks,Chicago.Clippers are contender and all of these playoff teams are lower seed and they are expected to lose in 1st round.

Now lets look at what heat have done over the course of their winstreak

Miami beat very formidable opponents memphis OKC clippers knicks and unlike clippers miami has played 8 playoff teams and 3 of them are contenders.They won in OKC which is probably the hardest arena to play and win for road teams.

So miami win streak is much more impressive and if they win sunday's showdown against pacers they could be looking at the 2nd best winning streak ever.

TMT
03-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Thats not true at all. Dont be an assclown you know the Spurs got the recognition they deserved during their streak this year AND last year

By who exactly?

Dude spurs didnt have that kind of streak and clippers 17 game winning streak pales in comparison with heat streak.

Clippers played only 4 playoff teams(mind that utah will not be in playoffs).
Those 4 teams that will qualify for playoffs are
Boston,Denver,Bucks,Chicago.Clippers are contender and all of these playoff teams are lower seed and they are expected to lose in 1st round.

Now lets look at what heat have done over the course of their winstreak

Miami beat very formidable opponents memphis OKC clippers knicks and unlike clippers miami has played 8 playoff teams and 3 of them are contenders.They won in OKC which is probably the hardest arena to play and win for road teams.

So miami win streak is much more impressive and if they win sunday's showdown against pacers they could be looking at the 2nd best winning streak ever.

The Spurs had a 16 out of 17 game winning stretch between January and February, predominantly without Ginobili or Duncan playing.

The Clippers streak was just as impressive in my opinion, not because of competition but because of the out of this world chemistry they were playing with which I still don't believe has been matched by any team thus far this season.

2nd best winning streak ever? :oldlol: Please. Miami is by far the best team in the league with the most versatile artillery of weapons. They are a historically stacked squad, even if most don't want to accept this. There have been many larger winning streaks by teams with much less talent in the history of the league.

03-09-2013, 11:46 AM
This thread could potentially jinx them.

It should be deleted.

arifgokcen
03-09-2013, 12:13 PM
By who exactly?

The Spurs had a 16 out of 17 game winning stretch between January and February, predominantly without Ginobili or Duncan playing.

The Clippers streak was just as impressive in my opinion, not because of competition but because of the out of this world chemistry they were playing with which I still don't believe has been matched by any team thus far this season.

2nd best winning streak ever? :oldlol: Please. Miami is by far the best team in the league with the most versatile artillery of weapons. They are a historically stacked squad, even if most don't want to accept this. There have been many larger winning streaks by teams with much less talent in the history of the league.

Dude why did you even quote me if you are not gonna reply to my message.

16 out of 17 means nothing thats not to say they havent been very impressive but nobody will remember that at the end of the day.So spurs as great as they have been didnt have a stretch like this this year..So dont bring up spurs.

Again what you are talking about is purely intangible.Somebody could easily say miami has been much more impressive because they generally let teams get comfortable before locking them down in the 4th quarter as we repeatedly saw during this winning streak.

Dude again as i said if they win pacers game they could be looking at 2nd best winning streak which is 22+ win streak which is true.If you are gonna define best as do the most with the least then i dont have anything to say to you.Because you are talking about something noone can prove.

Let me make myself clear i can easily say charlotte 3 game winning streak is best this season because their lineup is horrible.

TMT
03-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Dude why did you even quote me if you are not gonna reply to my message.

16 out of 17 means nothing thats not to say they havent been very impressive but nobody will remember that at the end of the day.So spurs as great as they have been didnt have a stretch like this this year..So dont bring up spurs.

Again what you are talking about is purely intangible.Somebody could easily say miami has been much more impressive because they generally let teams get comfortable before locking them down in the 4th quarter as we repeatedly saw during this winning streak.

Dude again as i said if they win pacers game they could be looking at 2nd best winning streak which is 22+ win streak which is true.If you are gonna define best as do the most with the least then i dont have anything to say to you.Because you are talking about something noone can prove.

Let me make myself clear i can easily say charlotte 3 game winning streak is best this season because their lineup is horrible.

If you extend the Heat's streak one game further back they would be on a streak of 17 of their last 18 games. Practically the same thing as I mentioned the Spurs had previously done this season. Why do you make it seem like there is such a disparity when the accomplishment is near equal? When it comes down to it, if the same amount of wins are collected who cares what order they come in?

By the logic of your last sentence, given how stacked the Heat's team is their streak shouldn't be given as much credit. :confusedshrug:

arifgokcen
03-09-2013, 01:18 PM
If you extend the Heat's streak one game further back they would be on a streak of 17 of their last 18 games. Practically the same thing as I mentioned the Spurs had previously done this season. Why do you make it seem like there is such a disparity when the accomplishment is near equal? When it comes down to it, if the same amount of wins are collected who cares what order they come in?

By the logic of your last sentence, given how stacked the Heat's team is their streak shouldn't be given as much credit. :confusedshrug:
1-Dude thats not the same and everyone knows that.Winning that much in succession is much harder.Its much easier to win 16 out 17(lose in the middle) than 16 straight wins.Thats why nobody keeps track of those games.Nobody says 1996 cavs(example) won 17 out of 18.They say bulls won 18 straight.Another thing is schedule during spurs winning streak(16 out 17) is easier than miami's.

Another thing,they lost to detroit that should tell you how hard its to win that many games without losing.You get complacent.

Moreover that supposed 16 out of 17 is as good as rookie going 35-9 without a turnover or lebron going 30+/60%.Very arbitrary streaks that nobody will remember.

Nobody is gonna say:You know spurs won 16 out 17 just as nobody will say lebron shot 30+/60%fg for 6 straight games.

2-That was your logic you said "given how stacked they are" not me.
Dont put your words in my mouth.

chazzy
03-09-2013, 01:42 PM
I completely forgot about the Clippers 17 win streak.. when was that again?

TMT
03-09-2013, 01:43 PM
1-Dude thats not the same and everyone knows that.Winning that much in succession is much harder.Its much easier to win 16 out 17(lose in the middle) than 16 straight wins.Thats why nobody keeps track of those games.Nobody says 1996 cavs(example) won 17 out of 18.They say bulls won 18 straight.Another thing is schedule during spurs winning streak(16 out 17) is easier than miami's.

What's the difference, momentum? Sure maybe a tad bit, but overall unless it's the regular season and unless you take one of these streaks into the playoffs all that matters are the W's and the L's. Also this streak was done without Duncan or Ginobili for the most part, which should make it in principle (following your circumstances rule) more impressive than Miami's, no?

Another thing,they lost to detroit that should tell you how hard its to win that many games without losing.You get complacent.

Yeah on the road, with 2 of our big 3 out, in the midst of our brutal rodeo road trip. That's not being complacent, it's being injured. Should I go on to name all the shit teams the Heat have lost to this season at full strength? :confusedshrug:

2-That was your logic you said "given how stacked they are" not me. Dont put your words in my mouth.

:oldlol: No it wasn't. You said Charlotte's three game win streak could be considered the best this season due to how weak their roster is. I switched it around on you and said that, following the same logic, the Heat's streak could be viewed as lesser of an accomplishment because they are by far the most stacked team in the league. Or does your logic only work your way, not mine?

arifgokcen
03-09-2013, 11:10 PM
What's the difference, momentum? Sure maybe a tad bit, but overall unless it's the regular season and unless you take one of these streaks into the playoffs all that matters are the W's and the L's. Also this streak was done without Duncan or Ginobili for the most part, which should make it in principle (following your circumstances rule) more impressive than Miami's, no?

Dude again please an arbitrary streak means nothing.Yes they are the best franchise i am a big fan of popovich basketball reminds me of european basketball depends on fundamentals but winning 11 then losing to some scrub team thats missing very important piece then winning is not that impressive.Nobody is gonna remember that.
For duncan and ginobili part please refer to the last paragraph that i quoted from you

Yeah on the road, with 2 of our big 3 out, in the midst of our brutal rodeo road trip. That's not being complacent, it's being injured. Should I go on to name all the shit teams the Heat have lost to this season at full strength? :confusedshrug:

Brutal road trip?????????
Do i know more about spurs than you?
They didnt have back to back then previous 11-12 days they had only 3 games combined winning percentage below .300 and brutal road trip you are talking about minnesota then damn shame.
Minny was missing ak47 and love injured and rubio didnt even have his legs under him then one day off then detroit team which was missing drummond.
If thats a brutal road trip....

:oldlol: No it wasn't. You said Charlotte's three game win streak could be considered the best this season due to how weak their roster is. I switched it around on you and said that, following the same logic, the Heat's streak could be viewed as lesser of an accomplishment because they are by far the most stacked team in the league. Or does your logic only work your way, not mine?
Please read what you wrote again.Thats not me thats you
"Miami is by far the best team in the league with the most versatile artillery of weapons. They are a historically stacked squad, even if most don't want to accept this. There have been many larger winning streaks by teams with much less talent in the history of the league."

BTW thank you after trying to have a reasonable debate with 9empiree
repped

Alan Ogg
03-10-2013, 09:04 PM
18 wins in a row and counting. Ties for the 7th longest winning streak of all time. One more win puts them top 5. HEAT have now beaten every team in the league this season. Rio with 26 points on 9 shots.

InfiniteBaskets
03-10-2013, 09:16 PM
If the Heat consistently give the same effort for the next five games, they should be able to break the Rockets' win streak of 22. However, the Boston game is always going to be rough, they've already lost to the Celts this year without Rondo.

If they somehow win against the Celtics, they'll either lose to a bottom feeder, or lose to the Bulls/Spurs. I can see their streak being stopped at around 24 or so. But knowing how teams can get complacent, I wouldn't be surprised of ATL beat them next game.

Kingwillball
03-10-2013, 09:23 PM
What makes MIami streak even more impressive is EVERY team brings there A gm against them and wants to beat them anyway being the Defending champs.

Duderonomy
03-10-2013, 09:33 PM
The streak has been fun to watch. But I'm telling you "the Heat is gonna burn out"

Lebron23
03-10-2013, 10:38 PM
The streak has been fun to watch. But I'm telling you "the Heat is gonna burn out"

I don't think so. Coach Spo is going to rest the starters in the last 3 games of the season.

SpecialQue
03-10-2013, 10:41 PM
18 wins in a row and counting. Ties for the 7th longest winning streak of all time. One more win puts them top 5. HEAT have now beaten every team in the league this season. Rio with 26 points on 9 shots.

I'm going to take off my hater goggles and just admit that this is impressive. I have no delusions about there being an "upset" in the east. They're going to the finals, and will probably win the championship again. ESPECIALLY if they face the Thunder.

ClutchOver9000
03-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Gotta give it to them...this streak is ridiculous... :applause: Playing at such a high level for so long, can't discredit such a feat.

However...w/ that said, I'd much appreciate it if they burn themselves out come playoff time :lol

Mr. Incredible
03-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Gotta give it to them...this streak is ridiculous... :applause: Playing at such a high level for so long, can't discredit such a feat.

However...w/ that said, I'd much appreciate it if they burn themselves out come playoff time :lol
Look at LeBrons and Wade's minutes this season. Not that many....this team is so focused and mentally prepared it's not funny. Good luck beating them 4x

Alan Ogg
03-12-2013, 09:58 PM
19 in a row and counting. Ties for the 5th longest win streak of all time. One more win ties them for 3rd longest all time.

The home stretch is over. 5 road games coming up for the HEAT:

Mar 13 vs PHI
Mar 15 vs MIL
Mar 17 vs TOR
Mar 18 vs BOS
Mar 20 vs CLE

SpecialQue
03-12-2013, 10:02 PM
19 in a row and counting. Ties for the 5th longest win streak of all time. One more win ties them for 3rd longest all time.

The home stretch is over. 5 road games coming up for the HEAT:

Mar 13 vs PHI
Mar 15 vs MIL
Mar 17 vs TOR
Mar 18 vs BOS
Mar 20 vs CLE

Boston might slam the breaks on this streak. Maybe.

Apogee
03-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Boston might slam the breaks on this streak. Maybe.

Boston just got beat by the bobcats by like 26 :facepalm

Alan Ogg
03-12-2013, 10:10 PM
It will be tough to make it through the coming road trip. This streak probably comes to an end in the next week.

Papaya Petee
03-12-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm gonna be at the Boston vs Heat game live, and frankly speaking I think the streak ends there. Boston always brings their "A" game vs Miami, especially at home.

Regardless tho, it will be a blast!

comerb
03-12-2013, 11:14 PM
I'm gonna be at the Boston vs Heat game live, and frankly speaking I think the streak ends there. Boston always brings their "A" game vs Miami, especially at home.

Regardless tho, it will be a blast!

I'd be surprised if they make it past the Bucks. The Bucks always give the Heat trouble for some reason. But yeah, the Celtics are going to play like it's game 7 of the Finals just to spit in their pie.

Lebron23
03-13-2013, 04:28 AM
As long as they beat the Celtics and Bucks. I don't give a $hit about the winning streak.

Kingwillball
03-13-2013, 05:11 AM
As long as they beat the Celtics and Bucks. I don't give a $hit about the winning streak.

I like to see the Streak get to at least 22 or 23 games(number 2 all time) but I highly doubt they will sniff the 32 game streak. What is impressive is this team used to take games off and didnt do well unless faced with adversity. They still have taken a few games/half's off during streak but were lucky enough to have talent to overcome those efforts.

All Net
03-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Surely it ends on this trip?

Alan Ogg
03-14-2013, 12:26 AM
20 wins in a row. Ties for the 3rd longest winning streak of all time. The HEAT haven't lost since February 1st.

Dave3
03-14-2013, 12:43 AM
Shane Battier has been on two 20 game win streaks. Pretty crazy occurrence.

steve franchise
03-14-2013, 01:08 AM
I hope they don't break Houston's 22 game winning streak.

dude77
03-14-2013, 03:01 AM
if the heat break la's record and win the title, where do they rank all time

fpliii
03-14-2013, 03:17 AM
if the heat break la's record and win the title, where do they rank all time

Depends which teams they go up against in the playoffs and how many games they lose in each series (as well as the level of dominance exhibited). If they beat:

CHI (with Rose), BOS, IND

in 4-5 games each, before playing a great team in the Finals (SAS, OKC, or LAL if they go on some freak run), then they'd compare very favorably with some of the all-time great teams IMO.

k0kakw0rld
03-14-2013, 03:55 AM
Depends which teams they go up against in the playoffs and how many games they lose in each series (as well as the level of dominance exhibited). If they beat:

CHI (with Rose), BOS, IND

in 4-5 games each, before playing a great team in the Finals (SAS, OKC, or LAL if they go on some freak run), then they'd compare very favorably with some of the all-time great teams IMO.
CHI = 1st round exit with or without rose.
BOS might face Indy 1st round.
:confusedshrug:

fpliii
03-14-2013, 04:02 AM
CHI = 1st round exit with or without rose.
BOS might face Indy 1st round.
:confusedshrug:

They would be a tough first round opponent though (I can see them dropping to the 8 seed), and a healthy Rose was better than any PG not named Chris Paul (though Westbrook is likely better than Rose during his MVP season now). I think Indy takes the 2 seed, and see Boston climbing to 4 or 5 when Chicago drops (this is no guarantee, but I think Noah/Deng are getting burned out).

lpublic_enemyl
03-14-2013, 10:50 AM
20 game win streak!!!!! :bowdown: legawd d-gawd wade and le bosh

Alan Ogg
03-15-2013, 10:51 PM
21 wins in a row and counting!! The HEAT win their 50th game of the season. They can tie the Rockets 2nd longest all time winning streak with another win.

Cosmonaut
03-15-2013, 11:25 PM
Love or hate the heat, you have to respect the streak due to that they are now only the 5th team in history with a 20+ win streak.

Brings me back memories of the crazy times the rockets had with their 22 win streak except I don't feel that the Heat's win streak has not been as hyped as the Rockets win streak. Its as if this sort of win streak is expected of this Heat team

HEAT111
03-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Love or hate the heat, you have to respect the streak due to that they are now only the 5th team in history with a 20+ win streak.

Brings me back memories of the crazy times the rockets had with their 22 win streak except I don't feel that the Heat's win streak has not been as hyped as the Rockets win streak. Its as if this sort of win streak is expected of this Heat team

That team should've won the 2009 title if it wasn't for the injuries to TMAC and Yao.

Bandito
03-15-2013, 11:56 PM

thats because the rockets had their win streak without their 2 star. It was always one or the other. The heat had their 3 stars on the floor the whole season. Not that it is not impressive but the rockets were even more impressive considering the circumstances.

Alan Ogg
03-17-2013, 03:16 PM
22 wins in a row! HEAT tie the Rockets for the 2nd longest winning streak of all time. @ Boston next game. Should be a good one.

willds09
03-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Heat going to lose, especially April 2nd book it:applause:

Jyap9675
03-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Boston bout to snap that shit

Alan Ogg
03-18-2013, 11:11 PM
What a game! Down to the wire. HEAT win their 23rd straight to push them past the Rockets for the 2nd longest winning streak of all time. Monster games from Green 43 Points 2 Assists 7 rebounds 2 steals and 4 blocks and Lebron with 37 points 12 assists 7 rebounds 2 steals and 2 blocks.

HEAT with one more game on the road trip against Cleveland and then two at home against Detroit and Charlotte.

b1imtf
03-18-2013, 11:16 PM
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/578876_606933192668542_828250407_n.jpg
From NBA memes

EnoughSaid
03-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Witnessing history here my dudes. 2nd longest win streak ever in NBA history. Now they need to win 11 more games in a row to surpass 33 wins, and they have two possibly challenging games vs New York, and San Antonio.

magic chiongson
03-18-2013, 11:25 PM
good win for the heat, they have a really got shot at the record

2010splash
03-18-2013, 11:30 PM
2013 Heat = second greatest team ever. Better than the 1987 Lakers and 1986 Celtics. Yeah, they are. That's the truth. No amount of nostalgia and overrating of the past can change that.

Only team better? 1996 Bulls. You're witnessing history here folks. Just embrace it. What an unstoppable dynasty.

ripthekik
03-18-2013, 11:33 PM
Game vs Celtics extended by Shane Battier
Game vs Raptors extended by Ray Allen
Game vs Bucks extended by Wade
Game vs Sixers extended by Wade

:applause: :applause:

Alan Ogg
03-19-2013, 01:09 AM
2013 Heat = second greatest team ever. Better than the 1987 Lakers and 1986 Celtics. Yeah, they are. That's the truth. No amount of nostalgia and overrating of the past can change that.

Only team better? 1996 Bulls. You're witnessing history here folks. Just embrace it. What an unstoppable dynasty.

Let's wait to see if they win a championship.

TMT
03-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Great accomplishment.

Really, really hope they ride this streak into San Antonio.

BuffaloBill
03-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Great accomplishment.

Really, really hope they ride this streak into San Antonio.

:cheers:

InspiredLebowski
03-19-2013, 04:16 AM
Irving, Varajeo, maybe Waiters all out.

So obviously Cleveland's going to end it next game.

ripthekik
03-19-2013, 06:54 AM
Irving, Varajeo, maybe Waiters all out.

So obviously Cleveland's going to end it next game.
damn, the league planned early :eek:

Chizdog
03-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Sadly, SAS will beat the bess, because SAS da bess.

Micku
03-20-2013, 10:10 PM
And it continues! Dramatic fashion. And LeBron James stellar play won them these last two games.

Alan Ogg
03-21-2013, 12:20 AM
24 in a row! HEAT come back from 27 down in the 3rd against the Cavs for a dramatic win to keep the streak alive.

Alan Ogg
03-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Two home games coming up for the HEAT against the Pistons and Bobcats. The streak is probably extending to at least 26 games. Then a 4 game road trip.

EllEffEll
03-21-2013, 01:25 AM
I was around and a Laker fan (of course) back when the Lakers set the record. It is a record that I never thought I would see broken, but the Heat are looking pretty strong down the stretch. Each game is going to bring a lot of pressure and it HAS TO BE taken one game at a time. They have a legit shot to do it, but it's not going to easy.

Graviton
03-21-2013, 01:29 AM
I was around and a Laker fan (of course) back when the Lakers set the record. It is a record that I never thought I would see broken, but the Heat are looking pretty strong down the stretch. Each game is going to bring a lot of pressure and it HAS TO BE taken one game at a time. They have a legit shot to do it, but it's not going to easy.
Are you like 60 years old?

GOBB_Junior
03-21-2013, 01:32 AM

He's one of the very few mature Lakers fans in this forum.

EllEffEll
03-21-2013, 01:33 AM

Rabid Laker fan since I attended my first game in 1963 (Lakers vs. Cincinatti Royals w/Oscar).

Alan Ogg
03-21-2013, 01:37 AM
I still think it's a bit premature to be talking about the HEAT breaking the record. Even if we put the next two games in the bag for the HEAT, they'd still have 7 games to go just to match the 33. That's a long ways away. One game at a time.

Alan Ogg
03-22-2013, 10:01 PM
25 in a row!!! After dramatic games against the Celtics and Cavs, the HEAT take care of business at home.

Came across yet another Jerry West interview where he praises the HEAT. He's a HEAT fan and routing for them to break his old Lakers' winning streak.
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/03/21/jerry-west-a-believer-and-a-fan-of-heat/?ls=iref:nbahpts

NumberSix
03-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Don't worry bout ya time zone niqqa get ya grind on

Alan Ogg
03-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Haha, all the NBA games are on live between 8am and 2pm here. The early Sunday games are the hardest to catch.

inclinerator
03-22-2013, 10:24 PM

Rabid Laker fan since I attended my first game in 1963 (Lakers vs. Cincinatti Royals w/Oscar).
so wat did u remember about that game at age 4

Kingwillball
03-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Well I am Gonna ASSUME they win 26 at home vs Bobcats and than Monday at Orlando Should win 27..IF they win those 2 than #28 at Bulls will be a challenge but without Rose very winnable.

The_Yearning
03-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Bulls at this point are easier to beat with Rose. Rose ain't as dumb as he looks he's not gonna want to face Miami.

TheMan
03-22-2013, 10:47 PM
I bet the team that finally ends Miami's winning streak will be a team with a losing record.

comerb
03-22-2013, 10:50 PM
I bet the team that finally ends Miami's winning streak will be a team with a losing record.

Maybe, although I have a hard time seeing them beating the Spurs in San Antonio. That game would be intense if the winning streak was still on the line. It's pretty smooth sailing if they get past the Spurs.

All Net
03-23-2013, 03:35 AM
Maybe, although I have a hard time seeing them beating the Spurs in San Antonio. That game would be intense if the winning streak was still on the line. It's pretty smooth sailing if they get past the Spurs.

I think if the streak is still alive by then that would be the most likely loss but at the same time you have to think Miami will be up for sending a message too.

@ Bulls could be where it ends..they play Miami tough even without Rose.

Alan Ogg
03-25-2013, 03:18 AM
Yes yes, the HEAT sans Wade beat the Bobcats for their 26th straight. Another couple wins and the discussion of whether they can get the record will go into full steam. The HEAT now hit the road again:

March 25 @ Magic
March 27 @ Bulls
March 29 @ Hornets
March 31 @ Spurs

Alan Ogg
03-26-2013, 12:34 AM
27 in a row. Another game without Wade, but the Magic were without Vucevic who has averaged 22.5 points and 25 rebounds in two games against Miami this season. @ Chicago next, they usually play Miami pretty tough.

Alan Ogg
03-28-2013, 12:21 AM
The streak ends at 27 in a row, a terrific accomplishment. Pretty much going a 1/3 of the season unbeaten!

The Bulls always play the HEAT tough. It's only right that the streak ends with a team like the Bulls.

SpecialQue
03-28-2013, 12:24 AM
Well, since I did this in the Nuggets streak thread:

http://www.phonecan.com/media/blogs/phonecan/rip.jpg

Great run, and they probably won't lose another game this season. Regardless of what people here think, this run, if they win the championship, cements this team in future "greatest team of all time" conversations.

LongLiveTheKing
03-28-2013, 12:30 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1713595/bye-bye-bye-nsync-o.gif

Bye bye bye streak!

:lol

clayton
03-28-2013, 12:31 AM
Both Denver and Miami lost their streaks to scrub teams. :roll:

willds09
03-28-2013, 06:04 AM
hit tha road:applause: :lol