PDA

View Full Version : Can Lakers realistically get Russell Westbrook in a few years?

cotdt
03-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Is it possible? Certainly Westbrook wants to play for his home team the Lakers.

STATUTORY
03-08-2013, 11:15 AM
we will have our pick of Kyrie, Westbrook, and Curry, probably Waiters and Beal as well.

lilgodfather1
03-08-2013, 11:21 AM
we will have our pick of Kyrie, Westbrook, and Curry, probably Waiters and Beal as well.
You don't understand restricted free agency eh? I'll put it simply to help you out. A RFA is allowed to sign an offer sheet, but the team that holds his rights can match. That means Kyrie, Waiters, and Beal are off limits until their next free agency when they are UFA's. I guess it's possible to get Westbrook though, it'd be VERY interesting if any team could snag Westbrook, and Love...

Jasper
03-08-2013, 11:37 AM
why is it Laker fans have the mentality to take other star players from other teams that are in small markets , to shred the league's stablilty' :confusedshrug:

G-Funk
03-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Godbe, I hope not! Hate that UGLY face, dont think I can put up seeing him all da time, I want Cavs Irving, is that asking for too much

G-Funk
03-08-2013, 11:47 AM
why is it Laker fans have the mentality to take other star players from other teams that are in small markets , to shred the league's stablilty' :confusedshrug:
I would like Rose as well!

cotdt
03-08-2013, 11:47 AM
You don't understand restricted free agency eh? I'll put it simply to help you out. A RFA is allowed to sign an offer sheet, but the team that holds his rights can match. That means Kyrie, Waiters, and Beal are off limits until their next free agency when they are UFA's. I guess it's possible to get Westbrook though, it'd be VERY interesting if any team could snag Westbrook, and Love...

We will be getting Kevin Love for sure, it's just a matter of who will be our next point guard.

Tking714
03-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Westbrook is a little selfish but not dumb. He's gonna stick with Durant

G-Funk
03-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Because history shows we have a huge shot at it

Clifton
03-08-2013, 12:20 PM
why is it Laker fans have the mentality to take other star players from other teams that are in small markets
Because they do it every other year, because those teams don't care about winning.

Midnight Toker
03-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Because history shows we have a huge shot at it
All recent history is telling us is that you can sign two big stars in the offseason, and still suck balls on the court. They are the most underachieving team in the league.

Midnight Toker
03-08-2013, 12:22 PM

His home team is the Thunder. The only way lakers get him is if the thunder decide they dont want to win anymore and let him go.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Because we don't have many future draft picks. Lakers will def get a big time free agent, why not speculate? If you don't like, follow another thread. :confusedshrug:

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-08-2013, 12:26 PM
All recent history is telling us is that you can sign two big stars in the offseason, and still suck balls on the court. They are the most underachieving team in the league.
How so? Play-offs have yet to begin.

Joey3000
03-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Kobe and Westbrook on the same team would be hilarous. U think Kobe and Howard dont get along? Westbrook wont give two fducks about what Kobe says, he taking the shot!!! :oldlol:

JohnnySic
03-08-2013, 12:35 PM
The Lakers will sign LeBron and Bosh to go with Howard in '14...

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Kobe and Westbrook on the same team would be hilarous. U think Kobe and Howard dont get along? Westbrook wont give two fducks about what Kobe says, he taking the shot!!! :oldlol:
Kobe refers to Westy as his little brother. Westy grew up a Lakers fan. Kobe will be 50 years old when Westy becomes a free agent, I'm sure he won't mind taking a back seat by then.

All Net
03-08-2013, 12:48 PM
no

OKC let Harden go, they aren't letting Westbrook go..if they did that would mean Durant would soon follow.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-08-2013, 01:16 PM
no

OKC let Harden go, they aren't letting Westbrook go..if they did that would mean Durant would soon follow.
KD will be locked up the year before Westy becomes a FA.

cotdt
03-08-2013, 01:25 PM
KD will be locked up the year before Westy becomes a FA.

Yep, OKC can trade Westbrook and not have to worry about Durant leaving. They would already have Durant locked up. OKC would be willing to give Durant the max contract but not Westbrook due to the new CBA rules.

KyrieTheFuture
03-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Godbe, I hope not! Hate that UGLY face, dont think I can put up seeing him all da time, I want Cavs Irving, is that asking for too much
Yes that is absolutely asking for too much

willds09
03-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Westbrook needs to come to NY if he do get traded:applause: :cheers:

crisoner
03-08-2013, 01:53 PM
I would love this.....

But honestly...I would love to see the Lakers build through the draft for once.
Draft some young players and see them develop in to stars.

Midnight Toker
03-08-2013, 01:56 PM
How so? Play-offs have yet to begin.

Just looking at the individual talent on that team compared to the liquid shi1t they turned out to be this year. On this site alone were a dozen laker fans proclaiming nba titles the second howard was signed. There probably isnt a team with more individual talent, which makes their pathetic record even more sad.

Kobe 4 The Win
03-08-2013, 01:57 PM
I don't kow how effective he'll be in 5 years. His game is centered around his increadible athleticism. Whar happens when he loses a step? As good as he is right now I still don't care for him.

cotdt
03-08-2013, 02:01 PM
I would love this.....

This would take too long, 3 years of rebuilding while being a lottery team. It would be much easier to have other teams draft the players, develop them into stars, and ship them to the Lakers when they are ready. Lakers should be able to contend every year due to the advantage of having a winning culture and being in a big market. Free agents flock to the Lakers so long as Lakers have the cap space to sign.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Just looking at the individual talent on that team compared to the liquid shi1t they turned out to be this year. On this site alone were a dozen laker fans proclaiming nba titles the second howard was signed. There probably isnt a team with more individual talent, which makes their pathetic record even more sad.
Just Lakers fans? Not the media, nobody else, just Lakers fans, right? Get lost kid.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-08-2013, 02:15 PM
I would love this.....

I wonder how Time Warner feels about your brilliant idea.

Droid101
03-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Ask Miami.

imnew09
03-08-2013, 02:53 PM
I don't think Westbrook is leaving, but I would like to have Rose or Rubio as our future PG.

Midnight Toker
03-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Just Lakers fans? Not the media, nobody else, just Lakers fans, right? Get lost kid.

All i have to say is scoreboard. They massively underachieved, its an incredibly disappointing pathetic season theyve had so far. There is no way they would even win a series. If they sniffed the playoffs they'll be bounced by the spurs, thunder or the clips. Be more poetic if its the clips.

ihoopallday
03-08-2013, 03:19 PM
It's sad thinking in a few years Kobe won't be playing anymore. I sure am gonna miss watching him play.

dzav323
03-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Realistically, 90% of the Laker fans ITT will probably be Clippers fans by then.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-08-2013, 03:26 PM
All i have to say is scoreboard. They massively underachieved, its an incredibly disappointing pathetic season theyve had so far. There is no way they would even win a series. If they sniffed the playoffs they'll be bounced by the spurs, thunder or the clips. Be more poetic if its the clips.
14-6 the last 20 games, not too shabby. We'll see what happens tho :cheers:

NugzFan
03-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Laker fans :facepalm