PDA

View Full Version : Painful Reality About Melo

Noyze
03-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Colin Cowherd Puts it in perspective.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=9032080&s=nyc

9erempiree
03-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Knicks were better too with Linsanity when he was out.

I believe he is the problem. He's not a play maker....he is straight up reminds me of Glenn Robinson.

STATUTORY
03-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Melo is what Kobe haters believe Kobe to be

elementally morale
03-08-2013, 04:21 PM
It is a very interesting interview.

Bobcats2013
03-08-2013, 04:22 PM
This is only painful for the fan boys. The Knicks are a great united team. The Knicks are not a great Carmelo team.

dunksby
03-08-2013, 04:24 PM
The Knicks need a good playmaker who can dictate a balanced offense and know when to feed who. When you ask Melo to do that well as good as a scorer Melo is he is gonna end up shooting the ball more than to distribute it.

shady6121
03-08-2013, 04:27 PM
The Knicks need a good playmaker who can dictate a balanced offense and know when to feed who. When you ask Melo to do that well as good as a scorer Melo is he is gonna end up shooting the ball more than to distribute it.

This.

willds09
03-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Colin just hates melo:rolleyes:

willds09
03-08-2013, 04:29 PM

I believe he is the problem. He's not a play maker....he is straight up reminds me of Glenn Robinson.
Whoa Glenn Robinson was never good as :no: melo

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Melo will never win a title as the best player. He doesn't make anyone better. Will forever be known for losing in the 1st round every season.

willds09
03-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Melo will never win a title as the best player. He doesn't make anyone better. Will forever be known for losing in the 1st round every season.
remember what u said, im guna remind u in June:lol :no:

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Melo is what Kobe haters believe Kobe to be

Im not even a Kobe fan, and even I would be offended if someone compared Melo to him. Im not even sure if Melo should be considered a superstar. Joe Johnson has led his team past the 1st round more than him.

NumberSix
But, Knicks are back though. They da bess.

Levity

...except when he made it to the western conference finals against Lakers

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 04:36 PM
remember what u said, im guna remind u in June:lol :no:

By the time its June the Knicks would have already been eliminated out of the playoffs for a month.

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 04:37 PM

The same season Billups was holding his hand? Melo wasn't even the top dog of that team.

Bobcats2013
03-08-2013, 04:37 PM

:facepalm He got Denver to the WCF a few years ago numb nuts.

9erempiree
03-08-2013, 04:39 PM
So the Knicks lost last night without Carmelo and people are already on him?

They lost without him people. I can understand if they won.

Like I said, Melo's not a good playmaker but he isn't the reason why the Knicks lost. He wasn't even playing.:facepalm

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 04:40 PM
:facepalm He got Denver to the WCF a few years ago numb nuts.

Yea, you're mad.

LikeABosh
He's a career loser. He made one nice run in the playoffs when all the pieces fell together. He's routinely bounced out in the first round. Been swept in the first round 3 times and knocked off in 5 games four times. He's had 4 playoff runs shooting 39% or less.

NumberSix
All I take away from last night is: Clean block on Durantom = flagrant 1

Levity
03-08-2013, 04:41 PM
The same season Billups was holding his hand? Melo wasn't even the top dog of that team.

27/6/4 on 45% is pretty damn good for the playoffs, no matter how you want to look at it.

kNicKz
03-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Right, because JR Smith will drop 36 points every night

:rolleyes:

jimmy77x
03-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Yea, you're mad.

Lets be real you will dissapear when the knicks make it out the first round :lol Talk so much sh!t that you cant back up so you resort to hiding if your predictions dont come true.

ShaqAttack3234
03-08-2013, 04:43 PM
I don't feel like listening, was willing to read if it was in print, but I can kind of guess where this is going, and it's very funny as someone who has watched pretty much every Knick game this year.

The Knicks are not better without Melo, not even close. Melo has had a great year, he hasn't played as well lately, but without him, the Knicks would unquestionably be below .500. In fact, what's conveniently forgotten by those with an agenda is that they are under .500 in the games he's been out. They really need his scoring. He does chuck at times, but the positives outweigh the negatives, and he does get opportunities for his teammates. He's not a point forward, he's done it out of necessity, but he's at his best when he can focus on scoring. Only thing more I'd hope for from Melo is that his best defense returns to his early season form. Though that's easier said than done when you have to carry the offensive load he does.

kNicKz
03-08-2013, 04:45 PM
The Knicks are not better without Melo, not even close. Melo has had a great year, he hasn't played as well lately, but without him, the Knicks would unquestionably be below .500. In fact, what's conveniently forgotten by those with an agenda is that they are under .500 in the games he's been out.

If JR smith bricked everywhere last night, which he will do sometime this week, we lose by 20+

willds09
03-08-2013, 04:45 PM
By the time its June the Knicks would have already been eliminated out of the playoffs for a month.
I doubted

willds09
03-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Melo was tha leader, give it up:lol

NumberSix
03-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Carmelo Anthony is Joe Johnson with a cooler sounding name.

willds09
03-08-2013, 04:51 PM
What u sniffing?:biggums:

ShaqAttack3234
03-08-2013, 04:52 PM
If JR smith bricked everywhere last night, which he will do sometime this week, we lose by 20+

Exactly, the difference was, he has the talent to sometimes take the wild shots he takes, and last night was one of those occasions. But more often than not, he'll miss and make terrible decisions. Just look at the end of the Miami game, you can't possibly make dumber decisions than that.

Jr was playing very well early on and looked like a smarter, more mature player. But he's reverted back to the same boneheaded Jr for most of the season. Considering all the injuries and inconsistent play, I don't know how much more people expect from Melo. He's not Lebron, and nobody claims he is.

SilkkTheShocker
Lets be real you will dissapear when the knicks make it out the first round :lol Talk so much sh!t that you cant back up so you resort to hiding if your predictions dont come true.

There isn't an eastern playoff team right now that New York is a lock to beat. I could honestly see the Bucks beating them or even pushing them to 7. Your team isn't that good. And it doesn't help that Melo is your best player.

kNicKz

Lebron is a Chris Webber who decided to run away from the Kings and join the Lakers :roll:

willds09
03-08-2013, 04:54 PM
There isn't an eastern playoff team right now that New York is a lock to beat. I could honestly see the Bucks beating them or even pushing them to 7. Your team isn't that good. And it doesn't help that Melo is your best player.
He said what???? Tha buckz??? :wtf:

jimmy77x
03-08-2013, 04:56 PM

This is why you are the absolute worst poster here, complete laughingstock. You are the only person on planet earth that believes the bucks would beat the knicks in a series.:lol We get it you hate the knicks and are very insecure about them and melo, you LIVE in every knicks/melo thread talk about obsessed :roll: :roll: Stop worrying about what melo and the knicks are doing and go praise your man crush lebron some more.

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Lebron is a Chris Webber who decided to run away from the Kings and join the Lakers :roll:

Except the Kings were absolutely stacked and the Cavaliers 2nd best player in Cleveland was Mo Williams. You also forgot to mention how Joe Johnson and Melo are way more comparable than Webber/LeBron. Aside from that, great comparison :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 04:59 PM
This is why you are the absolute worst poster here, complete laughingstock. You are the only person on planet earth that believes the bucks would beat the knicks in a series.:lol We get it you hate the knicks and are very insecure about them and melo, you LIVE in every knicks/melo thread talk about obsessed :roll: :roll: Stop worrying about what melo and the knicks are doing and go praise your man crush lebron some more.

Never said it was a lock that NYC would lose to the Bucks. But it would be way closer than you think. I don't see the Knicks dominating anyone in the playoffs.

NumberSix
03-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Tide goes in, tide goes out. YOU can't explain that.

FKAri
03-08-2013, 05:02 PM
But I thought this whole "the Knicks dont have a playmaker"-argument ended when the Knicks got Felton with Kidd backing him up? Do they need Chris Paul or what?

Shepseskaf
03-08-2013, 05:02 PM
:facepalm

Linsanity was a two-week phenomenon. No one but an idiot believes that the Knicks were better then, than with Melo playing.

There's a lot of heat coming Carmelo's way. He needs to hear it, and respond positively. If the Knicks don't do some serious work in the playoffs, he's going to take all the blame.

jimmy77x
03-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Never said it was a lock that NYC would lose to the Bucks. But it would be way closer than you think. I don't see the Knicks dominating anyone in the playoffs.

No one said anything about the knicks dominating anybody in the playoffs just that they have a good team this year with a good possibility of having some playoff success, your mind is clouded with too much Lebron semen to think straight. Your obsession with the knicks and melo is down right pathetic. You think about them more than lebron which is surprising being that you have a raging homosexual crush on him.

kNicKz
03-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Somebody should probably end the myth that the Cavaliers had a bad team other than Lebron, they repeatedly choked in playoff series that they were heavily favored to win :roll: :roll:

Clyde
03-08-2013, 05:18 PM

Didnt him and the nuggets make it to the WCF???

kNicKz
03-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Didnt him and the nuggets make it to the WCF???

apparently billups was the better player on the team

:coleman:

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 05:26 PM
No idea why Knicks fans are bringing up Lebron. Melo isn't even close to his level

Mrofir
03-08-2013, 05:26 PM
It's quite simple actually. Melo isn't a top 3 player. He's close, but not quite. And even when he has been arguably top 3, he has never been close to the best player in the league. Therefor, he is less likely to lead his team to a championship as the main piece. We have seen reality and statistics show this to be true. He would have to have a better supporting cast than someone like Lebron, with a bona fide second star. Then he could potentially win a championship. It's simple.

This is why Amare has to be the teams unquestioned 2nd star in the playoffs if they want to go anywhere.

willds09
03-08-2013, 05:28 PM
:facepalm thiz nigguh trippin

willds09
03-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Except the Kings were absolutely stacked and the Cavaliers 2nd best player in Cleveland was Mo Williams. You also forgot to mention how Joe Johnson and Melo are way more comparable than Webber/LeBron. Aside from that, great comparison :oldlol:
johnson was tha leader only in atlanta his whole career, melo was always tha leader and better at stats:lol

kNicKz
03-08-2013, 05:30 PM
He would have to have a better supporting cast than someone like Lebron, with a bona fide second star.

Wait....what did Lebron win without wade and bosh? Lebron couldn't even win with one of the most stacked teams in the East so he ran away and joined all stars :roll:

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Wait....what did Lebron win without wade and bosh?
2 mvps and he got past the 1st round multiple times. Melo can't even win a scoring title

willds09
No idea why Knicks fans are bringing up Lebron. Melo isn't even close to his level
:biggums: :wtf:

tazb
Both Carmelo Anthony & Rajon Rondo are getting exposed. Celtics are 13-4 (http://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/310057609052958721) since Rondo went down and stat-wise they've been better in every category. Carmelo is just a career loser, one-dimensional player, I believe he will retire ring-less.

willds09
03-08-2013, 05:35 PM
2 mvps and he got past the 1st round multiple times. Melo can't even win a scoring title
melo went to playoffs every year, lebron didnt:no:

tazb
Wait....what did Lebron win without wade and bosh? Lebron couldn't even win with one of the most stacked teams in the East so he ran away and joined all stars :roll:

Hope you aren't serious right now. :facepalm I agree with Silkk, Durant isn't even on LeBron's level let alone Melo. :lol

imdaman99
silk with his insecurities running amok in here :roll:

sure lebron is infinitely better than melo. but he has 1 more ring than him, not 5 more like kobe does.

its easier for melo to make up ground in the ring department on lebron because he has 1. cue in his oh cool lebron has as many rings as the knicks have playoff wins. lebron's teams have lost to 3-4 teams they were favored against. melos teams have never really been favored in the playoffs, outside of maybe a year or 2. get lost child.

willds09
03-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Both Carmelo Anthony & Rajon Rondo are getting exposed. Celtics are 13-4 (http://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/310057609052958721) since Rondo went down and stat-wise they've been better in every category. Carmelo is just a career loser, one-dimensional player, I believe he will retire ring-less.
like i told tha other dummy,i will remind you of what you just said this spring:no:

willds09
03-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Hope you aren't serious right now. :facepalm I agree with Silkk, Durant isn't even on LeBron's level let alone Melo. :lol
lebron was a quitter when he was with tha cavs, no justice league help, just a quitter:lol

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 05:39 PM
This :cheers:

tazb
03-08-2013, 05:42 PM
like i told tha other dummy,i will remind you of what you just said this spring:no:

Carmelo's been out of the first round once in his career and has never been to the Finals. You expect me to believe he will all of a sudden win the chip this season especially with that 'retirement' supporting cast?:lol

Shepseskaf
03-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Carmelo is just a career loser.
I'm always amused when some random keyboard warrior, who probably lives in mom's basement, calls a great athlete a "loser".

Melo has made almost $100 million in his career, and has a shot to make it into the Hall of Fame.

I don't care if he never wins a ring. Dude is not a loser.

imnew09
03-08-2013, 05:46 PM
tazb and silk (2 worst posters on ISH) , nothing to see here.

Note : Tazb was a celtic fan :facepalm

willds09
03-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Carmelo's been out of the first round once in his career and has never been to the Finals. You expect me to believe he will all of a sudden win the chip this season especially with that 'retirement' supporting cast?:lol
yes it could happen:sleeping

Noyze
03-08-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't feel like listening, was willing to read if it was in print, but I can kind of guess where this is going, and it's very funny as someone who has watched pretty much every Knick game this year.

The Knicks are not better without Melo, not even close. Melo has had a great year, he hasn't played as well lately, but without him, the Knicks would unquestionably be below .500. In fact, what's conveniently forgotten by those with an agenda is that they are under .500 in the games he's been out. They really need his scoring. He does chuck at times, but the positives outweigh the negatives, and he does get opportunities for his teammates. He's not a point forward, he's done it out of necessity, but he's at his best when he can focus on scoring. Only thing more I'd hope for from Melo is that his best defense returns to his early season form. Though that's easier said than done when you have to carry the offensive load he does.

See, this is where not reading or listening to an article results in a bad response cause of misinformation. Colin Cowherd speaks more about Melo's style of game and how it effects his teammates then whether the Knicks are a better team without him. Everything you just said in here was addressed.

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 05:49 PM
tazb and silk (2 worst posters on ISH) , nothing to see here.

Note : Tazb was a celtic fan :facepalm

Please stop trolling the thread.

Thanks.

-SilkkTheShocker

tazb
03-08-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm always amused when some random keyboard warrior, who probably lives in mom's basement, calls a great athlete a "loser".

Melo has made almost $100 million in his career, and has a shot to make it into the Hall of Fame.

I don't care if he never wins a ring. Dude is not a loser.

NBA-wise yes, so far he is a career loser. Kyrie Irving at age 20 has more accolades than Carmelo has at age 28. :lol :facepalm

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 05:52 PM
yes it could happen:sleeping

Whats the weather like in Candyland?

willds09
03-08-2013, 05:53 PM
NBA-wise yes, so far he is a career loser. Kyrie Irving at age 20 has more accolades than Carmelo has at age 28. :lol :facepalm
kyrie irving??????????????????:wtf: by tha way queen jamez is tha biggest career loser for joining wade and bosh in tha first damn place:rant

Shepseskaf
03-08-2013, 05:54 PM
You haven't got the slightest clue as to what you're posting.

Why don't you go over to basketball-reference.com and take a look at Melo's accolades. You might learn a few things.

willds09
Whats the weather like in Candyland?
this.

LikeABosh
kyrie irving??????????????????:wtf: by tha way queen jamez is tha biggest career loser for joining wade and bosh in tha first damn place:rant
Melo went to New York in hopes of creating a big three with Amare and Chris Paul

Noyze
03-08-2013, 05:55 PM

No he doesn't.

Jesus, the amount of head Kyrie gets on this forum is amazing.

tazb
03-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Kyrie Irving - 1x All-Star, Rookie of the Year, 3-pt Shootout Champion, Rising All-Stars MVP.
Carmelo - 6x All-Star, Rookie Challenge MVP.

:confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Kyrie Irving - 1x All-Star, Rookie of the Year, 3-pt Shootout Champion, Rising All-Stars MVP.

DAT ETHER :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

willds09
03-08-2013, 05:58 PM

check this guy into tha krazy house, damn:lol

Whoah10115
03-08-2013, 05:59 PM

You really are right. Felton is good at playmaking, but he isn't an all-around playmaker/floor general at the point...at least not enough to balance Carmelo and the rest of the lineup...especially with Woodson running things the way he is...and Smith, of course.

That's why I prefer Kidd as the starter, with Shump next to him. Simple problem is that Shumpert is not all the way back. If he can be a lot better next month, that will make a world of difference. And honestly, I wouldn't be against Smith starting. Maybe it would tone him down. Kidd, with Melo and Smith in the starting lineup, would have guys to take on most of the burden and he could use his intelligence and leadership to work out balancing out the offense.

willds09
03-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Melo went to New York in hopes of creating a big three with Amare and Chris Paul
but wheres chris paul???:biggums: and lebron and wade was in tha top 3 at time big ass difference:no:

jimmy77x
03-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Two of the biggest trolls and lebron dick riders tazb and silktheshocker invading and taking over a knicks/melo thread what else is new.:lol

LikeABosh
03-08-2013, 06:03 PM
but wheres chris paul???:biggums: and lebron and wade was in tha top 3 at time big ass difference:no:
Melo went to NY in hopes of it happening. How can you call out Lebron on going to a bigger market team to join a star PF and guard when Melo tried to do the same thing?

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Melo forced Denver's hand to trade him to the Knicks. It was either watch him walk away in the offseason for nothing or trade him to the Knicks. The Nets made an trade offer for him and Melo wouldn't agree to an extension. Anyone saying he went to NYC to win on his own is delusional. He wanted to form a super team with Amare and they had their eyes set on CP3. It didn't workout and they got Chandler instead.

longtime lurker
03-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Two of the biggest trolls and lebron dick riders tazb and silktheshocker invading and taking over a knicks/melo thread what else is new.:lol

Exactly. These guys are career losers. Supposedly Lebron James is the greatest player on the planet but they spend so much time talkng shit about other players because they feel threatened by them.

willds09
03-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Melo went to NY in hopes of it happening. How can you call out Lebron on going to a bigger market team to join a star PF and guard when Melo tried to do the same thing?
but dwade was in top 3, bosh was tha raptors main guy for years

tazb
03-08-2013, 06:08 PM

He's right though. Melo did go to NY in hopes of creating a Big 3 like LeBron did with Miami...too bad it failed miserably. :lol

LikeABosh
03-08-2013, 06:09 PM
but dwade was in top 3, bosh was tha raptors main guy for years
Chris Paul was/is considered a top 3 player, Amare was the Knicks main guy before Melo came. Just stop trying you retard

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 06:10 PM
anyone got a pic of Melo's all-star jacket from a few weeks ago? The ones that had every player's achievements on them. I remember his having almost nothing on it, achievement-wise.

willds09
03-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Melo forced Denver's hand to trade him to the Knicks. It was either watch him walk away in the offseason for nothing or trade him to the Knicks. The Nets made an trade offer for him and Melo wouldn't agree to an extension. Anyone saying he went to NYC to win on his own is delusional. He wanted to form a super team with Amare and they had their eyes set on CP3. It didn't workout and they got Chandler instead.
u gotta understand, queen james and tha heat, also tha celtics started that superteam trend, and heat big 3 was more talented, than when melo first came to tha knicks, it was just melo and a hurt amare at first:rolleyes:

willds09
03-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Chris Paul was/is considered a top 3 player, Amare was the Knicks main guy before Melo came. Just stop trying you retard
u buggin, top 3 point guards not top 3 period, big ass difference:facepalm

Whoah10115
03-08-2013, 06:13 PM
johnson was tha leader only in atlanta his whole career, melo was always tha leader and better at stats:lol

I don't think you know what leader is. Anthony has never been the leader of any team he's been on in the Pro's. He was the leader in his year at Syracuse.

Being the best player -even in basketball- does not always equate to being the leader. Billups is one of the great leaders.

fpliii
03-08-2013, 06:14 PM

What the hell? Aside from when he was recovering from the MCL, there's no point in time since 07-08 during which CP3 was not a top 3 player (and the clear #1 PG).

willds09
03-08-2013, 06:14 PM
He's right though. Melo did go to NY in hopes of creating a Big 3 like LeBron did with Miami...too bad it failed miserably. :lol
hopes is very different than actual.... think about it:rolleyes:

tazb
03-08-2013, 06:15 PM
anyone got a pic of Melo's all-star jacket from a few weeks ago? The ones that had every player's achievements on them. I remember his having almost nothing on it, achievement-wise.

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p14850080dt.jpg

:lol

Judging by other people's jackets, Kyrie would have 1x All-Star and Rookie of the Year on his.

Whoah10115

:oldlol:

LikeABosh
CP3 is considered by many people to be a top 3 player, at least top 5. You are just a basketball retard.

willds09
03-08-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't think you know what leader is. Anthony has never been the leader of any team he's been on in the Pro's. He was the leader in his year at Syracuse.

Being the best player -even in basketball- does not always equate to being the leader. Billups is one of the great leaders.
anthony has never been a leader in tha pros?????????:biggums: you krazy for that

Noyze
03-08-2013, 06:16 PM

For about a month and a half they had CP3 as the 3rd best player in the league behind Bron and Durant. Right around the time Jamaal Crawford was out for a few games, Paul went crazy.

Shepseskaf
03-08-2013, 06:17 PM
I don't think you know what leader is. Anthony has never been the leader of any team he's been on in the Pro's.

I think YOU don't know what a leader is.

A "leader" doesn't necessary mean that a player is patting everyone on the pat and giving them milk & cookies. It also doesn't have to be positive.

Carmelo has been The Man, and the leader (or co-leader) on every team he's played on. Being the best player tends to put you in that position.

willds09
03-08-2013, 06:18 PM
What the hell? Aside from when he was recovering from the MCL, there's no point in time since 07-08 during which CP3 was not a top 3 player (and the clear #1 PG).
you are buggin 08 yes, but 09 and 10?? no

willds09
03-08-2013, 06:18 PM
For about a month and a half they had CP3 as the 3rd best player in the league behind Bron and Durant. Right around the time Jamaal Crawford was out for a few games, Paul went crazy.
im talking about 2009-10 tho, u can even put 11 and 12 in there too

Whoah10115
03-08-2013, 06:19 PM

I think YOU don't know what a leader is.

A "leader" doesn't necessary mean that a player is patting everyone on the pat and giving them milk & cookies. It also doesn't have to be positive.

Carmelo has been The Man, and the leader (or co-leader) on every team he's played on. Being the best player tends to put you in that position.

Oh YOU think I don't? I'm not really interested in you defining it for me. But my point still stands. Being the best player does not automatically make you the leader. That's just how it is.

fpliii
03-08-2013, 06:20 PM
you are buggin 08 yes, but 09 and 10?? no

IMO:

08 yes
09 yes (top 4 at worst)
10 no, hurt
11 yes
12 yes
13 yes

SilkkTheShocker
03-08-2013, 06:21 PM

Judging by other people's jackets, Kyrie would have 1x All-Star and Rookie of the Year on his.

Someone give this nikka some boyscout badges :oldlol: The girlscout that delivered cookies to my house last week had more achievements than Melo

willds09
03-08-2013, 06:21 PM
CP3 is considered by many people to be a top 3 player, at least top 5. You are just a basketball retard.
im not talkng about this season, ur tha basketball retard:lol

LikeABosh
03-08-2013, 06:22 PM
im not talkng about this season, ur tha basketball retard:lol
Paul has been a top 3-5 player for years. Just stfu. It's clear you are very stupid .

willds09
03-08-2013, 06:24 PM
IMO:

08 yes
09 yes (top 4 at worst)
10 no, hurt
11 yes
12 yes
13 yes
09 top 10, 13 cant argue, 11-12 u buggin:rolleyes:

willds09
03-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Paul has been a top 3-5 player for years. Just stfu. It's clear you are very stupid .
yea 3 to 4 times his whole career thus far dummy:lol

Shepseskaf
03-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Oh YOU think I don't? I'm not really interested in you defining it for me. But my point still stands. Being the best player does not automatically make you the leader. That's just how it is.
:roll:

You're a moron, and you live in La-la land. Feel free to join reality at some point.

FYI: Carmelo is the leader of the Knicks, just like he was the leader of the Nuggets. When you're the highest paid player and everyone in the locker room acknowledges that you're The Big Dog, then you're the leader.

Again, a leader doesn't have to mean something positive... gang leaders, for example.

tazb
03-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Someone give this nikka some boyscout badges :oldlol: The girlscout that delivered cookies to my house last week had more achievements than Melo

:roll: :lol

fpliii
03-08-2013, 06:27 PM
09 top 10, 13 cant argue, 11-12 u buggin:rolleyes:

09 the only players that have any argument are Wade, LeBron, Kobe
11 Dirk, Dwight were better but both missed games; LeBron and Wade were better, Rose might have a case
12 only KD, LeBron are better
13 only KD, LeBron are better

willds09
03-08-2013, 06:30 PM
09 the only players that have any argument are Wade, LeBron, Kobe
11 Dirk, Dwight were better but both missed games; LeBron and Wade were better, Rose might have a case
12 only KD, LeBron are better
13 only KD, LeBron are better
rose was better than paul in 11 and 12

fpliii
03-08-2013, 06:33 PM
rose was better than paul in 11 and 12

How many games did Rose play in 12? I disagree about 11, but I'm not going to argue with you since you're not the only person of that opinion.

k0kakw0rld
03-08-2013, 06:37 PM
In what league? D-League?

Paul, Rose, Melo all overrated scrubs :facepalm

NumberSix
03-08-2013, 06:38 PM

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

scm5
03-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Melo is almost like the SF/PF version of AI. He grabs more rebounds, shoots a higher percentage, and doesn't get as many assists.

I feel like in order to build around Melo, you need to look at how Philly was able to build around AI and be relatively successful. You need to surround him with defensive minded players and let Melo do his thing.

Joey3000
03-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Carmelo is great. Happy to have him on the knicks.

upside24
03-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Melo may have his drawbacks but we all know that to win in this league you need a player with tremendous talent. Melo is that guy.

He is capable of getting hot and getting buckets late in a series once teams adapt to the Knicks system and eliminate other scoring threats.

Does anyone actually think the Knicks would be better in the playoffs without Melo?

willds09
03-08-2013, 06:47 PM

melo iz overrarted?:lol

RoseCity07
03-08-2013, 07:18 PM
I've been saying it for years, the guy is not a winner. He doesn't inspire players around him and guys don't like playing with him. There are probably two teams he could win on today. One would be the Mavericks and the other is San Antonio. Those teams would make him better and he'd win. Look what Dallas has done for Mayo. San Antonio is San Antonio.

I was going to start a Paul Pierce vs Melo thread today but this seems like a better place to post.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=piercpa01

Look at the stats. Paul Pierce beats him in almost everything. In the playoffs Melo scores more points per game but with worse numbers. Pierce is 4-0 against Melo in the playoffs. Amare and Melo are both losers. Making a trade for Carmelo Anthony is one of the worst moves the Knicks have ever made. Their team was actually good before that trade.

PJR
03-08-2013, 07:20 PM

I lol'd HARD when they showed a close up of his warm-up during the intro. :oldlol:

Blingster
03-08-2013, 07:29 PM
As a Nuggets fan, I'm not allowed to say anything critical of Melo. It seems that any credibility that my arguments may have, will be deemed as invalid because "I'm pissed/hurt that Melo left Denver".

RoseCity07
03-08-2013, 07:33 PM
As a Nuggets fan, I'm not allowed to say anything critical of Melo. It seems that any credibility that my arguments may have, will be deemed as invalid because "I'm pissed/hurt that Melo left Denver".

Please go ahead, I bash on current Blazers.

Batum and Aldridge play like ******* and take nights off. Lillard takes a ton of bad shots and still has a ton of stuff to work on to become elite. Matthews thinks he's Kobe but he clearly is not. Hickson is a f*cking bum that can't play defense. He forgets his place on the team and that's why he'll be gone after this season.

See now you try.

willds09
03-08-2013, 08:25 PM
I've been saying it for years, the guy is not a winner. He doesn't inspire players around him and guys don't like playing with him. There are probably two teams he could win on today. One would be the Mavericks and the other is San Antonio. Those teams would make him better and he'd win. Look what Dallas has done for Mayo. San Antonio is San Antonio.

I was going to start a Paul Pierce vs Melo thread today but this seems like a better place to post.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=piercpa01

Look at the stats. Paul Pierce beats him in almost everything. In the playoffs Melo scores more points per game but with worse numbers. Pierce is 4-0 against Melo in the playoffs. Amare and Melo are both losers. Making a trade for Carmelo Anthony is one of the worst moves the Knicks have ever made. Their team was actually good before that trade. pierce iz not better:no:

Knicksfever2010
03-08-2013, 08:39 PM
the same colin cowherd who came up with this basketball gem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LulSsTbflGU

Ikill
03-08-2013, 08:42 PM
I wonder if any of you even watch Knicks games so many myths about Melos game around here.

magic14
03-08-2013, 09:13 PM
is this the guy who said the Pacers are losing fans because of racism?

bagelred
03-08-2013, 09:22 PM

http://superiorsquad.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/662db-deborah_robinson_ecstasy_loops.jpg

ShaqAttack3234
03-08-2013, 09:28 PM
See, this is where not reading or listening to an article results in a bad response cause of misinformation. Colin Cowherd speaks more about Melo's style of game and how it effects his teammates then whether the Knicks are a better team without him. Everything you just said in here was addressed.

Jr and Felton were playing their best ball of the season early when Melo was playing. Amare has been looking very good for a while, and all but 2 of his games have been with Melo in the lineup. Melo sure as hell doesn't make Jr worse, if the implication is that teammates can't play their games with Melo in the lineup.

I have no interest in larger roles for Jr and Felton. I'd like to see Amare more involved, but that has more to do with playing time than anything.

Melo also isn't really a guy who dribbles for a long time to get his shots. He gives the ball up when he's doubled. When he gets a look, or gets hot, he will shoot quickly with no hesitation, but that's what's led to many of his scoring explosions this season, and it's helped more than it's hurt.

I fail to see how Melo is holding back his teammates, what should change, or what the point of this discussion is.

People should check out what the Knick offense has done in the 9 games without Melo.

95.3 ppg, 41.2 FG%, 35.1 3P%

With Melo: 100.6 ppg, 44.7 FG%, 37.3 3P%

Whoah10115
03-08-2013, 10:38 PM

You're a moron, and you live in La-la land. Feel free to join reality at some point.

FYI: Carmelo is the leader of the Knicks, just like he was the leader of the Nuggets. When you're the highest paid player and everyone in the locker room acknowledges that you're The Big Dog, then you're the leader.

Again, a leader doesn't have to mean something positive... gang leaders, for example.

Again, you don't know how to watch your mouth. Stay in the Caribbean brah.

Shepseskaf
03-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Again, you don't know how to watch your mouth. Stay in the Caribbean brah.

Is that all you've got? Maybe you might want to address the substance of my post?

But you can't do that, because you're wrong.

Whoah10115
03-08-2013, 10:46 PM

Is that all you've got? Maybe you might want to address the substance of my post?

But you can't do that, because you're wrong.

That's alright. We're good.

Clifton
03-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Good, so has everyone come down to earth and can we all agree that Melo isn't a top 3 player and isn't better than Wade?

willds09
03-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Good, so has everyone come down to earth and can we all agree that Melo isn't a top 3 player and isn't better than Wade?
:wtf: :biggums:

ShaqAttack3234
03-08-2013, 11:30 PM

He's in the 3-5 range. Lebron and KD are the clear 1 and 2. I still have him as a better player this year than Wade. Wade has played much better the last month or so, but that's not enough for me to proclaim Wade better at the moment, though they're much closer than I had them earlier in the year.

Whoah10115
03-08-2013, 11:43 PM
He's in the 3-5 range. Lebron and KD are the clear 1 and 2. I still have him as a better player this year than Wade. Wade has played much better the last month or so, but that's not enough for me to proclaim Wade better at the moment, though they're much closer than I had them earlier in the year.

Carmelo has had a waaay better season than Wade. If we're talking about who is better, in general, that's still Wade...for now. But if he's trying to suggest Wade has had even a comparable season then he's wrong.

ShaqAttack3234
03-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Carmelo has had a waaay better season than Wade. If we're talking about who is better, in general, that's still Wade...for now. But if he's trying to suggest Wade has had even a comparable season then he's wrong.

I don't know, I mean it's not like Wade is coming off of a great year. He's been better this season than last, but even last season, I wouldn't say there was a huge separation between the 2. In fact, during the last month of the season, Melo played better than Wade did at any point last season. Obviously, Melo has had a much better year this season than last, and imo, Melo is better than he's ever been before right now, and also having the best season of his career.

Whoah10115
03-09-2013, 12:14 AM
I don't know, I mean it's not like Wade is coming off of a great year. He's been better this season than last, but even last season, I wouldn't say there was a huge separation between the 2. In fact, during the last month of the season, Melo played better than Wade did at any point last season. Obviously, Melo has had a much better year this season than last, and imo, Melo is better than he's ever been before right now, and also having the best season of his career.

It's more an issue of Wade was way ahead before, and Melo not yet unseating him. Well, that's how I see it. I had Pierce ahead of Melo, but Melo has elevated his game, while Pierce is finally showing some decline (still one of the best players in the league tho).

Wade doesn't look quite like prime Wade, but he's looking close. And, while it was well below his standards, he was still great last year and he had a better year than Melo did, tho Melo got hot at the end. I'm just waiting before I think I change my list, so to speak.

ShaqAttack3234
03-09-2013, 12:18 AM
It's more an issue of Wade was way ahead before, and Melo not yet unseating him. Well, that's how I see it. I had Pierce ahead of Melo, but Melo has elevated his game, while Pierce is finally showing some decline (still one of the best players in the league tho).

Wade doesn't look quite like prime Wade, but he's looking close. And, while it was well below his standards, he was still great last year and he had a better year than Melo did, tho Melo got hot at the end. I'm just waiting before I think I change my list, so to speak.

Well, I don't look 2 years in the past to rank players. Not telling you what to base your rankings on, just explaining my criteria. I agree with the bold, though. That's exactly how I view current Wade.

Ikill
03-09-2013, 12:22 AM

He's pretty close to prime Wade but Melo in the first half the season was also close to that level. I also see lately Melos been attacking the basket more not only that he's also seems to be finishing better and drawing more fouls. If Melo can get the jumpshot back and continue to attack the basket like this he might be better than prime Wade.

Whoah10115
03-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Well, I don't look 2 years in the past to rank players. Not telling you what to base your rankings on, just explaining my criteria. I agree with the bold, though. That's exactly how I view current Wade.

I don't look back but I don't think it's sensible to adjust a list so drastically every year. It's kinda like being the heavyweight champion...someone's gotta beat you first...that can't be too literal in a team sport but it's important.

ShaqAttack3234
03-09-2013, 12:31 AM
I don't look back but I don't think it's sensible to adjust a list so drastically every year. It's kinda like being the heavyweight champion...someone's gotta beat you first...that can't be too literal in a team sport but it's important.

When talking about current rankings, I simply can't credit a player for what they did 2 years ago. Although I don't think Wade is currently far off from the level he was at then. Even looking at the season before, a player might not be the same. Look at Dwight. My rankings are only season to season. I simply wouldn't be comfortable doing it another way, though I don't finish them until after the playoffs, which also accounts for players who preserve themselves somewhat.

TheNaturalWR
03-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Woah...Wade is my favorite player BY FAR but close to his prime? No, not even close. Compare this version Wade to 2011 Wade and you see a ridiculous gap. Wade is still more athletic than 80% of the league but too often does he get forced into an awkward looking shot that just so happens to fall in. That would never happen to prime Wade. The only thing that Wade has improved in from 2011 is his mid range game. It's been on point this season. Other than that, he's fell off quite a bit but still a borderline top 5 player.

And this Melo close to a prime Wade? Slow down, not even close IMO.

LikeABosh
03-09-2013, 01:04 AM
Woah...Wade is my favorite player BY FAR but close to his prime? No, not even close. Compare this version Wade to 2011 Wade and you see a ridiculous gap. Wade is still more athletic than 80% of the league but too often does he get forced into an awkward looking shot that just so happens to fall in. That would never happen to prime Wade. The only thing that Wade has improved in from 2011 is his mid range game. It's been on point this season. Other than that, he's fell off quite a bit but still a borderline top 5 player.

Your right. He's far from his athletic prime but still a great player because he's improved his skills. Back in the shaq era Wade had GOAT level athleticism. One of the greatest slashers I've ever seen.

Hoopz2332
03-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Melo = :oldlol:

Can't believe some people think he's on lebron's level

The-Legend-24
03-09-2013, 07:51 AM

Damn. :oldlol: This nikka has been in the league how long?

willds09
03-09-2013, 09:32 AM

Melo iz nice man, give it up:lol

willds09
03-09-2013, 09:33 AM
You hating on tha wrong superstar, itz a new year, accept it:oldlol:

STATUTORY
03-09-2013, 09:36 AM

You forget about Kobe, Chris Paul etc?

Hoopz2332
03-09-2013, 10:04 AM

:oldlol:

Ikill
03-09-2013, 11:17 AM

no one thinks that and no has said that stop being a dumbass

Whoah10115
03-09-2013, 01:33 PM
He's pretty close to prime Wade but Melo in the first half the season was also close to that level. I also see lately Melos been attacking the basket more not only that he's also seems to be finishing better and drawing more fouls. If Melo can get the jumpshot back and continue to attack the basket like this he might be better than prime Wade.

I don't agree. A prime Wade would push LeBron. LeBron is still better, but Wade would be kinda close.

Whoah10115
03-09-2013, 01:37 PM

I was a huge Wade fan until 2011. I didn't say this version is close to Wade, but I don't think that his ability is as diminished as current results show. He's playing with LeBron and is the 2nd option. He's not the 2nd best player, but he's the 2nd option. More so than even Pippen in Chicago, who at least ran the offense. LeBron is counted on to be the Heat's best in every single category.

But either way, what I wasn't saying that he was close to prime Wade...I said close enough that I'm gonna wait and see before I conclude that Anthony is now a better player.

Y2Gezee
03-09-2013, 01:45 PM
I laugh at that interview. I'll quickly touch on 3 points.

The Knicks are better without Melo because he's selfish?
The Knicks play a style where either the pick and roll or Melo's double teams initiates the ball movement and freeing up their 3pt shooters, and Melo's double teams are the most efficient form of it for them. He leads the league in teammate efg% from his passes. He is why their offense is so efficient, because everyone else on the team is inconsistent. You can't rely on even 15ppg from Felton and JR everynight, but they are both capable of giving you 25 every now and then....so the consistently inconsistent JR Smith scores 36 and that tells everybody that Melo actually has help and holds him down? Grow up people. He shot 2 for 9 in the 4th qtr...and if he shoots 29 times today he could very easily go 7 for 29 and I wouldn't be at all shocked.

When Melo's not in the game, JR Smith or Raymond Felton takes over the same role. JR Shot 29 times vs the Thunder (Melo has only done that 3 times this season, JR has a 27 fga game too with Melo out). In the 2nd Heat game Felton shot 27 times in that win (made only 9 shots). Is Colin suggesting, the Knicks are better off playing this way with 2 guys who barely shoot 40% taking a lot of the shots? He didn't do his homework.

Amare is better in games without Melo?

This argument doesn't hold water, because all of Amare's best games have been with Melo this year. The only difference in the last 3 games is he's played season highs in minutes. Amare is back, he's relatively consistent, but just 2 Sundays ago he was like 9/10 for 22 points with a lot of passes from Melo. In fact I'd say he was playing better vs the Heat than he has in any of the games after it with Melo out, he's just gotten more minutes, and he didn't play all that consistent vs the Thunder going 5 for 16, the other 2 games were Cleveland and Detroit (Detroit's bench really). So that's BS.

They played better defense without Melo?
The defense vs the Thunder was nice to see. But they've been playing better defense recently. But the problem with their defense hasn't been Carmelo, Carmelo has been their most consistent defensive player all year. Their guards have been getting killed. Felton/Kidd/Shumpert/JR. Shumpert has regained a lot of his effectiveness over the past week clearly, and that's a big change. No doubt Kenyon Martin helped with that defensive effort as well, and Melo hasn't played with him all year....so....unless Melo is supposed make Felton figure out how to be a consistent defender for the first time in his career. Why is this his fault?

This is really silly. None of it made sense. However, I've said (and you can look it up) that even if Amare was in Melo's shoes this year and Melo was out...the Knicks are a good enough team to still be a top seed in the East, not as good as with Melo in those shoes, but still great. Because Amare can draw doubles, so it doesn't surprise me that they are playing well. They should be better with them both and will be, but Amare is still on a minutes limit. That's not Carmelo's fault either.

NumberSix
03-09-2013, 02:15 PM
It's incredible. He has literally no accomplishments in the NBA. If he retired today, his career highlight would be making all-star teams.

Knicksfever2010
03-09-2013, 02:21 PM
It's incredible. He has literally no accomplishments in the NBA. If he retired today, his career highlight would be making all-star teams.

cool story.

ShaqAttack3234
03-09-2013, 02:41 PM
You forget about Kobe, Chris Paul etc?

No I didn't. That's why I said 3-5 range. Those 2, along with Melo are all in that range.

TheNaturalWR
03-09-2013, 02:59 PM

Melo will NEVER be better than a prime Wade. Will never be that type of game-changing defender/all-around player.

willds09
03-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Melo will NEVER be better than a prime Wade. Will never be that type of game-changing defender/all-around player.
We will see:coleman: :lol