PDA

View Full Version : Lebron has not been very clutch since joining the Heat....

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 03:55 PM
I don't know why people say he is clutch when we know he's not. ESPN a huge media conglomerate that is known for showing Lebron highlights have recently posted this screen shot.

Any thoughts?

http://whatdoumeme.com/media/created/7nx8gv.jpg

Fatstogey
03-09-2013, 03:59 PM
http://sketchcardsaloon.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/miami-heat-2012-championship-ring.jpg

Nick Young
03-09-2013, 04:01 PM
http://sketchcardsaloon.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/miami-heat-2012-championship-ring.jpg
1 for 3 in the finals:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 04:01 PM
I pretty much mentioned it in another thread that he hasn't hit one since 2009. I know they leave that to Wade but Wade has been on the decline as of late.

It's the weekend and I'm going prove all these lies people are posting. We need to post facts up in here.

Fudge
03-09-2013, 04:02 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/371/430/f8e.gif

willds09
03-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Yup very true:lol

shady6121
03-09-2013, 04:03 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/451b75b10b80860dc41b130a14629204/tumblr_inline_mgrfn5wV6S1re0jxj.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bzSJxU568FA/URn62JGqKmI/AAAAAAAAfFo/4u5JRo5HkD4/s1600/002-funny-animal-gifs-goat.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4PACCcT4WKM/TrIEsNs1wfI/AAAAAAAAzwg/aRLmGrcdO7o/s1600/funny-gifs-goat-argument.gif

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 04:05 PM
I figured something was wrong when people were trying to say how clutch he was.

With the eye-test and watching games, I remember him missing a lot.

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Kobe leads the league in 4th quarter points with 455 points.

Very clutch.

lebeast666
03-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Not clutch and still shits on Kobe? not bad tbh

ihoopallday
03-09-2013, 04:09 PM
I pretty much mentioned it in another thread that he hasn't hit one since 2009. I know they leave that to Wade but Wade has been on the decline as of late.

It's the weekend and I'm going prove all these lies people are posting. We need to post facts up in here.

:roll: :roll: So this is how you want to spend your weekend? Go out, have some beers.

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 04:10 PM
:roll: :roll: So this is how you want to spend your weekend? Go out, have some beers.

I'm good...got stuff to do around the house.

Keep drowning yourself drunk.:cheers:

DaSeba5
03-09-2013, 04:10 PM

Go outside

fsvr54
03-09-2013, 04:11 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/371/430/f8e.gif

:roll:

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Go outside

Says the people that post just as much as I do.

:facepalm

LikeABosh
03-09-2013, 04:12 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199533/yaylebron.gif

tmacattack33
03-09-2013, 04:13 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292487

Lebron's been on a tear as of late in the 4th quarter and last 5 minutes of close games.

He also had a game winner against Houston earlier this year, and he had the game winner against Memphis a week ago. They weren't with under 10 seconds though so i guess they wouldn't count as an ESPN game winner.

DaSeba5
03-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Says the people that post just as much as I do.

:facepalm

My posts are inflated by the game threads. I don't make 100 threads.

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 04:15 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292487

Lebron's been on a tear as of late in the 4th quarter and last 5 minutes of close games.

He also had a game winner against Houston earlier this year, and he had the game winner against Memphis a week ago. They weren't with under 10 seconds though so i guess they wouldn't count as an ESPN game winner.

ESPN would not lie.

If Lebron has been on a tear....What should we call Kobe's run or Durant's run?

Kobe leads the league with 455 4th quarter points.

ihoopallday
03-09-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm good...got stuff to do around the house.

Keep drowning yourself drunk.:cheers:

:cheers: Will do. Just curious though. Why do you make so many threads?

ihoopallday
03-09-2013, 04:18 PM
ESPN would not lie.

Post both their 4th quarter minutes

NBASTATMAN
03-09-2013, 04:18 PM
I don't know why people say he is clutch when we know he's not. ESPN a huge media conglomerate that is known for showing Lebron highlights have recently posted this screen shot.

Any thoughts?

http://whatdoumeme.com/media/created/7nx8gv.jpg

:eek:

Everyone thinks Lebron is this great scorer. He is a great player and can score but he isn't a great scorer. Kobe, Durant, and Melo are great scorers that can score in different ways and have go to shots. Lebron is developing and has gotten better to the point where he has the longgAME , midrange, and low post game. Kobe, durant, melo have all that pretty much perfected. Lebron still has work to do... That is why he won't be a great last second shot maker. Melo is the best when you look at percentages. Kobe is the best taking ridiculous shots and making them. Lebron is the best all around.. .

tmacattack33
03-09-2013, 04:23 PM
ESPN would not lie.

They didn't lie about it.

Their numbers were accurate. It just wasn't the complete picture.

Unless you think that nothing at all in basketball can be considered clutch besides go ahead shots with less than 10 seconds left in a regular season game. And if that is the case, there is a problem.

chazzy
His playoff performances last year erased that notion. He just hasn't been good at game winners under 24 seconds - 4/24 with the Heat

9erempiree
:eek:

Everyone thinks Lebron is this great scorer. He is a great player and can score but he isn't a great scorer. Kobe, Durant, and Melo are great scorers that can score in different ways and have go to shots. Lebron is developing and has gotten better to the point where he has the longgAME , midrange, and low post game. Kobe, durant, melo have all that pretty much perfected. Lebron still has work to do... That is why he won't be a great last second shot maker. Melo is the best when you look at percentages. Kobe is the best taking ridiculous shots and making them. Lebron is the best all around.. .

This is very true and going back to his game against Orlando, the previous 2 possessions Lebron shot a 3pointer in each of those possessions and missing. Those are two shots he missed previously before the layup.

His FG% has been up but not due to being a great shooter. He and Wade have admitted this year that they watch their percentages during games.

I rather him play off of instincts and putting those numbers instead of trying to manipulate them.

Budadiiii
03-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Probably the biggest choker in sports history.

Can't really root for a guy who noticeably stat pads and tries way too hard to protect his image.

The dudes a snake. I see right through his bullshit

SilkkTheShocker
03-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Kobe leads the league in 4th quarter points with 455 points.

Very clutch.

He also has a team with 3 other hall of famers on it currently out of the playoffs

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 04:25 PM
:cheers: Will do. Just curious though. Why do you make so many threads?

Trying to contribute to this forum.

I'm like the guy that goes to a bar and buys drinks while other guys like to go to bars and order water.

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 04:26 PM
He also has a team with 3 other hall of famers on it currently out of the playoffs

Nash and Pau are hall of famers who is the other guy?

shady6121
03-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Trying to contribute to this forum.

I'm like the homoerotic transexual that goes to a bar and buys drinks while other guys like to go to bars and order water.

You truly are. :applause:

Fatstogey
03-09-2013, 04:30 PM
1 for 3 in the finals:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

LOL dude saying this only eludes to the denial in you. You know hes got more rings coming. And it scares you. Just let it be what it is.

GAme 6 against the celts was some of the most clutch shit in nba history.

jlip
03-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Keep in mind, this thread is about Lebron since joining the Heat, not his tenure in Cleveland. Having said that, this shows me why I feel that "clutch" shots (especially as defined by the graphic as a go ahead fg with <10 seconds left) are more important to ESPN highlight watchers than to the actual game. Lebron is in his 3rd season in Miami, and despite being an abysmal clutch shooter, he has been the most successful player in the league over that nearly 3 year period. Lebron, keep missing those shots. They have earned you 2 trips to the Finals, a title, an MVP, and currently the best record in the league.

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Keep in mind, this thread is about Lebron since joining the Heat, not his tenure in Cleveland. Having said that, this shows me why I feel that "clutch" shots (especially as defined by the graphic as a go ahead fg with <10 seconds left) are more important to ESPN highlight watchers than to the actual game. Lebron is in his 3rd season in Miami, and despite being an abysmal clutch shooter, he has been the most successful player in the league over that nearly 3 year period. Lebron, keep missing those shots. They have earned you 2 trips to the Finals, a title, an MVP, and currently the best record in the league.

That is actually what I'm trying to say in a sense, he can still miss shots in the clutch and go to the Finals because his teammates are superb.

When he was clutch in Cleveland, another perceived myth but a lot better than Miami, he at least got somewhere.

Fatstogey
03-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Also yall miss the point here.

Kobe has more last second shots cause he and the team suck. Most of the heat's wins are by a large margin(typically because of lebron). So focusing on the few games where they are off and lebron misses one shot at the end is some of the stupidest crap. But of course this is earth and peoples iq's are only 100 so this makes sense.

Yes both lebron and dwade have taken TERRIBLE long jumpers in late game situations. But they have been doing that less as of late. i think wade did tkae one i hated weeks ago that sent them to ot cause he missed a long range jumper.

And lebron does the same sometimes. But the rest of his body of work completely over shadows a few missed shots. You guys are just looking so pathetic trying to take a man down a peg who is 10x the man you are.

HorryIsMyMVP
03-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Lebron best record in the league. Kobe gonna miss the play offs. And Kobe fans are talking shit?:lol God bless Kobe and his awful fans.

willds09
03-09-2013, 04:34 PM
So Miami heat iz not stacked?:D

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Also yall miss the point here.

Kobe has more last second shots cause he and the team suck. Most of the heat's wins are by a large margin(typically because of lebron). So focusing on the few games where they are off and lebron misses one shot at the end is some of the stupidest crap. But of course this is earth and peoples iq's are only 100 so this makes sense.

Yes both lebron and dwade have taken TERRIBLE long jumpers in late game situations. But they have been doing that less as of late. i think wade did tkae one i hated weeks ago that sent them to ot cause he missed a long range jumper.

And lebron does the same sometimes. But the rest of his body of work completely over shadows a few missed shots. You guys are just looking so pathetic trying to take a man down a peg who is 10x the man you are.

We understand what you are trying to say but it does not hold up in an argument like this.

Yes, Miami wins by a large margin but it has nothing to do with being clutch.

There are times when the game is close and the occasion arises for him to be clutch and he has been less than stellar.

Where Kobe has more opportunities to do this and has come through more times than not.

Has nothing to do with margin of victories or anything like that. It's more about what you do when the time comes to be clutch.

Fatstogey
03-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Lebron best record in the league. Kobe gonna miss the play offs. And Kobe fans are talking shit?:lol God bless Kobe and his awful fans.
pretty much. Its homosexual man love. Not basketball love. I really dont like it.

tmacattack33
03-09-2013, 04:38 PM
That is actually what I'm trying to say in a sense, he can still miss shots in the clutch and go to the Finals because his teammates are superb.

When he was clutch in Cleveland, another perceived myth but a lot better than Miami, he at least got somewhere.

:roll:

Find me a clutch shot Lebron missed in the Eastern Conference playoffs on Miami.

I'll be waiting.

And if you find one, i guarantee you that for every one you find i could give you 1.5-2 clutch shots that he made. And a 1.5 to 1 ratio or 2 to 1 ratio on such shots is fukkin amazing.

He has been PHENOMENAL in every Miami playoff series so far, except for the Mavs in the 2011 Finals.

Thank you for saying that comment, which shows us you don't know what you are talking about here. I appreciate it.

Fatstogey
03-09-2013, 04:40 PM
We understand what you are trying to say but it does not hold up in an argument like this.

Yes, Miami wins by a large margin but it has nothing to do with being clutch.

There are times when the game is close and the occasion arises for him to be clutch and he has been less than stellar.

Where Kobe has more opportunities to do this and has come through more times than not.

Has nothing to do with margin of victories or anything like that. It's more about what you do when the time comes to be clutch.

No its the psychology in america dude.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THIS FORUM (LEBRON INCLUDED) has been a lil kid outside at the hoop going "3, 2, 1, at the buzzer, 3 for the win."

So this psychology weighs heavy on people. And IMO in late game scenarios lebron has gotten caught up in this desire. And he is not a long range jump shooter(even though i think hes improved greatly in the last 2 years).

So hes taking shots that hes not good at taking trying to compare to kobe, who is a better shooter. I think there are many times hes made a mistake trying to hold to this standard of people wanting to see a jumper at hte buzzer.

What you guys view as "clutch" is not clutch at all. Its kobe not giving a shit if he loses and just taking the last shot and making some and missing some. Thers no "clutch" involved with that.

Now a game 6 elimination game? where you cant sleep the night before. where you know all eyes are on you. where clutch starts in teh first second of hte game not in the last second?
THATS ****IN CLUTCH.

Taking a shot at the last second(and in a regular season game most times)? shit id do that if everyone else was scared. someone has to shoot. no biggie.

Rysio
03-09-2013, 04:46 PM
4th qtrs show who's legit and whos a fraud and 9.9/10 lebrick is nothing but a fraud. you lebrick stans should thank god nba players dont start to play seriously till the 4th qtr cause lebrick would be retired about 8 years ago if they try to stop his stat padding from 1st to 4th qtr.

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 04:48 PM
4th qtrs show who's legit and whos a fraud and 9.9/10 lebrick is nothing but a fraud. you lebrick stans should thank god nba players dont start to play seriously till the 4th qtr cause lebrick would be retired about 8 years ago if they try to stop his stat padding from 1st to 4th qtr.

a little extreme there but I have to agree about his 4th qtr abilities.

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Lebron is a player build for 3 quarters, he should win you a game in the first 3 quarters but if the game is close he will more likely lose the game for you.

The legends of the past and Kobe are pretty much 4 quarter players. They play the entire game and especially when their team is losing.

arifgokcen
03-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Lebron is a player build for 3 quarters, he should win you a game in the first 3 quarters but if the game is close he will more likely lose the game for you.

The legends of the past and Kobe are pretty much 4 quarter players. They play the entire game and especially when their team is losing.
Dude how can americans be so "i dont know" stupid(fans like you).I havent seen this kind of fans anywhere else.

Whats the point of this thread.You all know he is the best player whether the game is on the line or not.

This is why in olympics everytime USA needed a bucket they went to lebron didnt you watch your own country.You think you know better than coach K. Even kobe didnt make this about him.

I mean whats the point of such threads?

You think you know better than a coach.:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Dude how can americans be so "i dont know" stupid(fans like you).I havent seen this kind of fans anywhere else.

Whats the point of this thread.You all know he is the best player whether the game is on the line or not.

This is why in olympics everytime USA needed a bucket they went to lebron didnt you watch your own country.You think you know better than coach K. Even kobe didnt make this about him.

I mean whats the point of such threads?

You think you know better than a coach.:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

you really want to bring up the Olympics?:facepalm

Lebron has never won USA the gold medal until Kobe arrived in 2008.

Do you remember Kobe in the 4th quarter? He scored like X amount of points and was responsible for X amount of points for Team USA in the gold medal game.

In 2012, Spain was not as good as they were.

tmacattack33
03-09-2013, 05:08 PM

Do you remember Kobe in the 4th quarter? He scored like X amount of points and was responsible for X amount of points for Team USA in the gold medal game.

If you have to keep reverting to one quarter in one game over a span of 12 (or something like that...i believe there are 3 exhibition games and 3 tourney games in each olympics), you done lost the argument, champ.

tazb
03-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Probably the biggest choker in sports history.

Can't really root for a guy who noticeably stat pads and tries way too hard to protect his image.

The dudes a snake. I see right through his bullshit

Coming from a OKC fan/Durant stan?:wtf: Clearly stat-pads for his triple-doubles, and is a biggest tough guy than Danny Granger.

Budadiiii
03-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Coming from a OKC fan/Durant stan?:wtf: Clearly stat-pads for his triple-doubles, and is a biggest tough guy than Danny Granger.
I'm no where near a Durant stan and admit he's almost as fake as LeBron. :confusedshrug:

Durant stat pads too, it's pretty obvious. :confusedshrug:

tazb
03-09-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm no where near a Durant stan and admit he's almost as fake as LeBron. :confusedshrug:

Durant stat pads too, it's pretty obvious. :confusedshrug:

LeBron only stat-pads down the stretch, nothing wrong with that. :confusedshrug:

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 05:13 PM
If you have to keep reverting to one quarter in one game over a span of 12 (or something like that...i believe there are 3 exhibition games and 3 tourney games in each olympics), you done lost the argument, champ.

The one game I bring up was the most important game. Gold medal.

I think it's fair to say they would have cruised to the finals but that last game needed that little extra something from Vino.

tazb
03-09-2013, 05:19 PM
On topic though, Kobe is one of the most overrated clutch players in NBA history.

arifgokcen
03-09-2013, 05:20 PM

Wow there is really no talking to you.

Whats sad is i know what a rebuttal means much better than you or should i say unlike you.

I dont mean to brag but i probably know more about your county's basketball history than you are.

That brown idiot tried to play chuckers like iverson and marbury never really played lebron,wade,melo.

Then when kobe joined the tam in 2006 USA were still cocky, so pay attention here, kobe in his absolute prime "peak" with all those other stars didnt win.Until they became a team they didnt win anything.You really are pathetic.

USA as everyone said including players himself were better in 2012 yet you claim 2008 spain was better.Then please explain to me why this.
box score
118-107 in 2008
107-100 in 2012.
Again pay attention we are using your logic here only stats and box score so in this case your theory that spain is worse which actually means nothing in this case where we are talking about whether lebron is clutch or not.

Wow.I know you are taught parameters of discussion in school but havent you ever listened.You are trying to pull "a politician on me".
Talk a lot of dirt about a player
if it doesn't stick it will leave a stench.

imnew09
03-09-2013, 05:23 PM
9empire sonning the haters since day 1!

arifgokcen
03-09-2013, 05:26 PM
9empire sonning the haters since day 1!
Wow another child.

Dude what hater are you talking about.Do you even understand what you are talking about.

Pay attention this thread has no kobe element.
This is a lebron hater that you are talking about you should know you are one too.So sonning the haters?????
is he sonning himself :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Congrats to him

BTW for your information i am a big kobe fan.

STATUTORY
03-09-2013, 05:51 PM
On topic though, Kobe is one of the most overrated clutch players in NBA history.
what he did last night eclipses anything Lebron has done in his entire career when it comes to clutch

kennethgriffin
03-09-2013, 05:52 PM

i never understood why they put the 2 trophies on the side of the ring. its not a back2back title. and 95% of the players werent around for that 1st one.

but i do like how the ball was replaced with a diamond that resembles an asterisk for the lockout shortened season

ripthekik
03-09-2013, 05:55 PM
yes, despite the media hiding this under the FG% curtain (:oldlol: ) they can't hide it from people who actually watch the game.

Lebron seems to be 2/19 for last second shots after joining miami.

But hey guys.. nobody's perfect. I don't know why Lebron fans keep denying this. It's ok to be imperfect... Lebron's human afterall. So just face the fact that he is not clutch ok?

Simple Jack
03-09-2013, 05:59 PM
I can't tell if this is a troll thread or not.

SilkkTheShocker
03-09-2013, 06:16 PM
So Miami heat iz not stacked?:D

Who say they aren't? They have been to back to back Finals. The Lakers with 4 hall of famers are currently the 9th seed. Thats pathetic.

Underballer
03-09-2013, 06:40 PM
starface :oldlol:

willds09
03-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Who say they aren't? They have been to back to back Finals. The Lakers with 4 hall of famers are currently the 9th seed. Thats pathetic.
Heat still has better team overall, cheating ass heat:rolleyes:

ripthekik
03-14-2013, 02:24 AM
apparently some mod secretly deleted my thread where i said lebron doesn't deserves MVP after Wade's stellar play. Funny the thread was open for more than a day, but the mods want to get rid of all records :oldlol:

anyways, so the Sixers game today continue to prove everything I said. Lebron is not clutch, he went like 1-10 in the second half WHERE THE GAME MATTERS (KEEPING THE STREAK). And Wade comes in and saves his ass AGAIN.

WADE is the CLOSER. Lebron is Mr.3 quarters. Not MVP worthy.

LongLiveTheKing
03-14-2013, 02:32 AM
apparently some mod secretly deleted my thread where i said lebron doesn't deserves MVP after Wade's stellar play. Funny the thread was open for more than a day, but the mods want to get rid of all records :oldlol:

anyways, so the Sixers game today continue to prove everything I said. Lebron is not clutch, he went like 1-10 in the second half WHERE THE GAME MATTERS (KEEPING THE STREAK). And Wade comes in and saves his ass AGAIN.

WADE is the CLOSER. Lebron is Mr.3 quarters. Not MVP worthy.
LeBron and D-Wade take turns closing games, lately it's been Wade.
You act like LeBron's never closed a game before.

Lebron23
03-14-2013, 02:41 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2280359/lebronclutch.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2170125/ohnoperkins.gif

Our friend from Taiwan needs to watch more games this season.

alleykat
03-14-2013, 03:29 AM
LeBron and D-Wade take turns closing games, lately it's been Wade.
You act like LeBron's never closed a game before.

Acts more like an ex boyfriend......dude only posts on stuff about James and complains...