PDA

View Full Version : Rose no shows at practice?

InspiredLebowski
03-09-2013, 06:49 PM
https://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1/status/310496097246273536

Derrick Rose did not show up for practice today. Sources say management is putting pressure on him to play. Feels he's not mentally ready

It's Vecsey so take it for what it's worth, but it true that's a pretty big deal.

shady6121
03-09-2013, 06:53 PM
How can he overcome the mental aspect of an ACL injury without playing in an actual game? Trying to come back without physical or mental rust is ridiculous.

9erempiree
03-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Not surprised here.

Rose has cried many times in public and on national television when speaking about his injury.

He's lost his groove.

Rose
03-09-2013, 06:54 PM
I'll say this, I really don't think it's management because they got pissed when Vinny would play Noah. And if Deng can play without surgery he will, but when he should probably get surgery he always has.

Plus Rose said a few weeks ago that management was cool about letting him come back when he wanted too.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Not surprised here.

Rose has cried many times in public and on national television when speaking about his injury.

He's lost his groove.
I lost a lot of respect for the young man during the past 2-3 weeks. That's real hard to do when I can honestly care less what is happening in Chi-town.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-09-2013, 06:57 PM
I'll say this, I really don't think it's management because they got pissed when Vinny would play Noah. And if Deng can play without surgery he will, but when he should probably get surgery he always has.

Plus Rose said a few weeks ago that management was cool about letting him come back when he wanted too.
Do the Bulls sell out every single game? Just curious..

Rubio2Gasol
03-09-2013, 07:02 PM
They very well know it's not worth it to Rose himself or them to risk coming back this season after what happened last time he rushed back.

He's going to have to play eventually though, they might consider giving him some time in the D League to ease him back onto the court.

Rose
Do the Bulls sell out every single game? Just curious..
Pretty much. I know they have one of the longest in NBA history with 610. I think the Blazers or Jazz or one of those really really devoted fanbases out west has the record.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance You can check years via this link.

kNicKz
what a pu$$y not coming back until he's 100 percent!

http://atlantablackstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Redskins-RG3s-Knee-Football.JPEG-09625.r-300x241.jpg

:rolleyes:

R.I.P.
03-09-2013, 07:05 PM
How can he overcome the mental aspect of an ACL injury without playing in an actual game? Trying to come back without physical or mental rust is ridiculous.

Exactly. Is the wuss going to sit out the next five seasons? You have to play out the rust. If the doctors say you are cleared, you go. If you don

Budadiiii
03-09-2013, 07:07 PM
This guy is so mentally fragile it's almost sad...

Been saying it since he came into the league. I'm never wrong...

kNicKz
03-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Took Rubio 45-60 days to get back to full speed. Him and Shumpert been back forever.

Everyones body recovers differently. Some take longer than others. I'm not going to question Rose based on a couple reports with 0 credibility. Hope he makes a good recovery. Teams have pressured players to come back too soon in the past, and it has resulted in worse injury

Fedor - Laker
03-09-2013, 07:08 PM
hes a libra unfortunately :rolleyes:

imnew09
03-09-2013, 07:10 PM
He knows what's best for him. Nobody besides himself knows 100% about his body, so I wouldn't judge him on that one.

In addition, it's not just that; it also has to do with the team management. Rose feels this Bull team is not good enough to win it all this year, so he rather wait and come back when he's 110%.

sportsfan76
03-09-2013, 07:15 PM
He is starting to sound like a ******

What the f*ck does he mean he is not mentally ready?

Jailblazers7
03-09-2013, 07:16 PM
If he doesn't feel he can trust the knee in game action, then I'm not sure who anyone is to question it. He is going to just have to go for it eventually tho. A big part of the battle when coming back from a knee injury is getting over the mental block preventing you from trusting your body again.

sportsfan76
03-09-2013, 07:19 PM
If he doesn't feel he can trust the knee in game action, then I'm not sure who anyone is to question it. He is going to just have to go for it eventually tho. A big part of the battle when coming back from a knee injury is getting over the mental block preventing you from trusting your body again.

he sounds bi-sexual lol

"I'm not mentally ready":facepalm

strike first
03-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Mentally ready? Hes playing ****ing basketball not football or rugby

KDthunderup
03-09-2013, 07:25 PM
This is why he wont return to where he was, the mental herd is what he should of most focused on overcoming. The doctors have given him the all clear to return which means they believe he is at a similar level physically to what he was and at minimal risk of re-injuring his knee. I mean if the dude is to scared to return what hope does he have of getting back to where he was?

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-09-2013, 07:29 PM
dude won't return until he can properly dunk off his left leg, is that correct?

Burgz V2
it's Peter Vecsey, he's known to try and start controversy. trying to get relevant again maybe :lol

nathanjizzle
theres alot of strong opinions from lames that cant even compete in a local pick up game.:facepalm

when rose first got injured people were saying "sit him out the whole season" now you guys are bitching about him not returning after him being cleared after a week.

Budadiiii
03-09-2013, 07:33 PM
theres alot of strong opinions from lames that cant even compete in a local pick up game.:facepalm

when rose first got injured people were saying "sit him out the whole season" now you guys are bitching about him not returning after him being cleared after a week.
Yes, because the people complaining in this thread are the same people that said he should sit out the whole season. :rolleyes:

Almost everybody expected him to return in January/February when he first got injured.

But go ahead and defend your idol like the dick riding faqqot you are.

bmd
Many of you are being very unfair to him. This wasn't some partial tear. It was a major knee injury. An injury like Rose's has ended people's careers.

Just because he is medically cleared to play doesn't mean he's comfortable with his knee yet.

Let him build up to NBA speed and let him get comfortable using it before just throwing him into playoff basketball right off of major knee surgery.

Funnyfuka
Yes, because the people complaining in this thread are the same people that said he should sit out the whole season. :rolleyes:

Almost everybody expected him to return in January/February when he first got injured.

not sure the dalai lama approves.

nathanjizzle
03-09-2013, 07:41 PM

damn bro you really desperate to make urself feel better on the internet arnt you? real life must suck for you:roll:

KDthunderup
03-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Many of you are being very unfair to him. This wasn't some partial tear. It was a major knee injury. An injury like Rose's has ended people's careers.

Just because he is medically cleared to play doesn't mean he's comfortable with his knee yet.

Let him build up to NBA speed and let him get comfortable using it before just throwing him into playoff basketball right off of major knee surgery.
Dude I tore my ACL as well and returned to playing competitive bball in a shorter time span with no where near the quality of rehab Rose would of received. The dude's a *****

nathanjizzle
03-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Dude I tore my ACL as well and returned to playing competitive bball in a shorter time span with no where near the quality of rehab Rose would of received. The dude's a *****

you play on a professional level? do you have the same quickness and vertical rose has?

bmd
03-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Dude I tore my ACL as well and returned to playing competitive bball in a shorter time span with no where near the quality of rehab Rose would of received. The dude's a *****1. Not all ACL tears are the same.

2. Not everybody recovers in the same amount of time. I mean, the doctors JUST cleared him. So obviously your injury and his injury are not the same.

Saying you came back before he did as evidence that he's being a ***** is simple-minded.

SCdac
03-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Assuming he's 100% physically healed, he's got to play eventually... I mean, it's what he does for a living... I can understand if he's not mentally ready (and there's probably truth to it), but what should the franchise do, get him a psychologist?

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 07:53 PM

1) the recovery period for ACL injuries varies from person to person. If you really did tear your ACL you would have already known that.

2) you're not playing at one of the highest levels of human performance possible.

3) you're a nobody getting paid 0 dollars a year to play ball, while the future of Chicago basketball rests on Derrick Rose's shoulders

i think your comparison just failed. *****.

KDthunderup
03-09-2013, 07:54 PM
1. Not all ACL tears are the same.

2. Not everybody recovers in the same amount of time. I mean, the doctors JUST cleared him. So obviously your injury and his injury are not the same.

Saying you came back before he did as evidence that he's being a ***** is simple-minded.
You know nothing, if you tear your acl they are all the same, everyone goes through the exact same process of cleaning out the torn acl and replacing it with a graft.

Once my doctor said i was fine to play I couldn't wait, yeah I was rusty as hell and still hesitant to do a lot of things but playing is the only way to overcome it. It sounds like Rose wants to somehow return to the field at the exact level he was, its not possible he should take the doctors advice and start playing to build his confidence back up

bmd
03-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Assuming he's 100% physically healed, he's got to play eventually... I mean, it's what he does for a living... I can understand if he's not mentally ready (and there's probably truth to it), but what should the franchise do, get him a psychologist?It's not like that. He just wants to feel it out more intensely in practice before being thrown into a game.

He is cleared to go 100%. Now he's going to need some time to work up to going at full intensity in practice before he gets thrown into a game when he hasn't really tested his knee yet...

KDthunderup
03-09-2013, 07:56 PM
1) the recovery period for ACL injuries varies from person to person. If you really did tear your ACL you would have already known that.

2) you're not playing at one of the highest levels of human performance possible.

3) you're a nobody getting paid 0 dollars a year to play ball, while the future of Chicago basketball rests on Derrick Rose's shoulders

i think your comparison just failed. *****.It can vary mostly depending on your age and fitness levels, people who are extreme athletes will always recover way quicker then your average joe, plus the fact the Rose has had world class surgery and rehabilitation puts to the fact that he should definitely be physically able to return by now he is just a *****

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 07:58 PM
It can vary mostly depending on your age and fitness levels, people who are extreme athletes will always recover way quicker then your average joe, plus the fact the Rose has had world class surgery and rehabilitation puts to the fact that he should definitely be physically able to return by now he is just a *****

yes, but that is independent of the conditions he will face. An NBA game puts a lot of stress on the body and his risk of re-injury is not the same as some average joe ballin in the park.

Jailblazers7
03-09-2013, 07:58 PM
he sounds bi-sexual lol

"I'm not mentally ready":facepalm

Dude, WTF are you talking about? :oldlol:

SCdac
03-09-2013, 07:59 PM
It's not like that. He just wants to feel it out more intensely in practice before being thrown into a game.

He is cleared to go 100%. Now he's going to need some time to work up to going at full intensity in practice before he gets thrown into a game when he hasn't really tested his knee yet...

I'm just confused, because there were reports he was taking "full contact" in practice over a month ago. It's not like dude hasn't been practicing at all.

Derrick Rose taking full contact in practice
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8897736/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-taking-full-contact-practice

KDthunderup
03-09-2013, 08:04 PM
yes, but that is independent of the conditions he will face. An NBA game puts a lot of stress on the body and his risk of re-injury is not the same as some average joe ballin in the park.
Just as many people tear acl's in competitive games as in professional level, you still do all the exact same movements and are at the same risk of injury

tikay0
03-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Rafer Weigel ‏@RaferWeigel

Tweets that Derrick Rose missed practice unexcused disputed by #Bulls. Team reps say @DRose was excused for a Dentist's appointment.

/thread. :facepalm

Lebron23
03-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Peter Vescey is an idiot.

tikay0

And you probably have a 12" vertical, and slow as turtle. Now go and play with yourself, knuckle head.

Budadiiii

Tweets that Derrick Rose missed practice unexcused disputed by #Bulls. Team reps say @DRose was excused for a Dentist's appointment.

What a *****. :facepalm

He'd rather get his ugly ass teeth cleaned then practice his profession.

I have zero respect for this loser.

tikay0
03-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Peter Vescey is an idiot.

He's the same guy that said Paxson was being replaced by Gar Foreman and Doug Collins. :facepalm

Peter's a troll.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-09-2013, 08:17 PM

what superstar (and i use that term loosely) gets excused from practice when nearing so close to a return...for a dentist appointment?:coleman:

tikay0
03-09-2013, 08:18 PM
who gets excused from practice when nearing so close to a return...for a dentist appointment?:coleman:

Like Thibs said, it was a light day. It wasn't your typical 5 on 5. Probably just shooting around, and going through some plays. Nothing major.

Real Men Wear Green
03-09-2013, 08:18 PM
what superstar (and i use that term loosely) gets excused from practice when nearing so close to a return...for a dentist appointment?:coleman:
If he's not playing anyway it's not a huge deal.

red1
03-09-2013, 08:19 PM

Fcuk wrong witchu? You are a disgrace, dont ever rep goatbrook again

Foster5k
03-09-2013, 08:20 PM
This Bulls team is slowly unraveling. Can't blame Rose though. Dude is a warrior. Sadly, his body couldn't take the punishment.

Budadiiii
03-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Get off my dick son. Don't rep GOATbrook? I've been repping the dude since day 1. Stick to your shitty ass Raptors you god damn clown.

tikay0
03-09-2013, 08:22 PM

He has daddy issues. Only explanation.

Edit: Now I get it. He's a Westbrook fan boy. So in turn, he looks at Rose as direct competition. Ahhhhhh.

In that case. Go **** yourself you scrub.

For some reason, I always thought he was a Lebron stan.

red1
03-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Get off my dick son. Don't rep GOATbrook? I've been repping the dude since day 1. Stick to your shitty ass Raptors you god damn clown.
dont rep the dalai lama either you unenlightened monkey mind hoe

Budadiiii
03-09-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm far superior to you in terms of enlightenment bud, don't get too ahead of yourself.

I have no ego, I see the world through the eyes of a complex spiritual being.

I am God

red1
03-09-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm far superior to you in terms of enlightenment bud, don't get too ahead of yourself.

I am God
You dont know shit hoe, it is clear that you are a delusional teenager. Cant even explain enlightenment or what the buddha was talking about

nathanjizzle
03-09-2013, 08:30 PM

hes 5'5" , he needs to lash out on people on the internet to make himself feel better. let him, it makes his life bearable.

KDthunderup
03-09-2013, 08:31 PM
And you probably have a 12" vertical, and slow as turtle. Now go and play with yourself, knuckle head.Oh I'm sorry I called your fav player a *****

not really *******

Budadiiii
03-09-2013, 08:31 PM
You dont know shit hoe, it is clear that you are a delusional teenager. Cant even explain enlightenment or what the buddha was talking about
Coming from the guy using the term "hoe" as an insult. :facepalm

I didn't even try to explain enlightenment, obviously you have incredibly low comprehension levels.

SilkkTheShocker
03-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Lets be real, Derrick is scared.

tikay0
03-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Oh I'm sorry I called your fav player a *****

not really *******

Not even mad. I'm used to it. I'm just telling you what you need to do.

Mr. iron man.

nathanjizzle
03-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Oh I'm sorry I called your fav player a *****

not really *******

http://www.sport24.com/var/plain_site/storage/images/basket-nba/diaporamas/le-2e-tour-en-images/derrick-rose-mvp/8028141-1-fre-FR/Derrick-Rose-MVP_full_diapos_large.jpg

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/kevin-durant-e1340377294452.jpg

tikay0
03-09-2013, 08:34 PM
hes 5'5" , he needs to lash out on people on the internet to make himself feel better. let him, it makes his life bearable.

He's 5'5, tiny *****. No friends. No GF. Spends every waking minute on this site. Not to contribute like a normal human being, but to troll and lash out at the world for rejecting him, and his turtle faced favorite player.

red1
03-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Coming from the guy using the term "hoe" as an insult. :facepalm

I didn't even try to explain enlightenment, obviously you have incredibly low comprehension levels.
No, all you did was regurgitate some bullshit. There is a difference between saying some shit that makes you feel special like "I have no ego" and "I am a spirit" and actually knowing what that shit means. I can tell from your terrible opinions on everything that you are a fggt and a hoe

tikay0
03-09-2013, 08:37 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/344/925/146665229_display_image.jpg?1340385348http://s3.vidimg.popscreen.com/original/9/dlBJZ1R1UU0yZ2sx_o_kevin-durant-cries-after-losing-game-5---2012-nba-finals.jpg

Ol cry baby ass.

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 08:39 PM
it's Peter Vecsey, he's known to try and start controversy. trying to get relevant again maybe :lol

:roll:

Vecsey is too predictable

ihoopallday
03-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't see any reason for him to come back AT ALL this year. Just start next year fresh.

tikay0
03-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Nick Friedell ‏@NickFriedell
Conspiracy theorists will love this but Thibs said team didn't do much at all and most guys just shot. Said Derrick's status hasn't changed.

In case anyone wanted to question why Rose would pick today of all days to go visit the dentist.

willds09
03-09-2013, 08:44 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/344/925/146665229_display_image.jpg?1340385348http://s3.vidimg.popscreen.com/original/9/dlBJZ1R1UU0yZ2sx_o_kevin-durant-cries-after-losing-game-5---2012-nba-finals.jpg

Ol cry baby ass.
Man he was crying cuz he got beat by tha refs and David stern betrayed him:rolleyes:

SCdac
03-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't see any reason for him to come back AT ALL this year. Just start next year fresh.

Even if he's cleared to play and his team could use him?

15+ months off seems like a lot. But who knows. BG missed an entire season as well, numerous players have.

But if the Doctors have given him the go ahead, you'd think he'd want to be on the court just like everybody else.

willds09
03-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Naw let him come back so Chicago be number 4 or 5, and bust tha heat ass in round 2:applause:

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-09-2013, 08:49 PM
If he's not playing anyway it's not a huge deal.
He's potentially days away from returning. I'd say every practice is important at this point.

CHi1PriDe
03-09-2013, 08:49 PM

I am God

You're seriously the biggest tryhard wannabe troll on this forum. I'm guessing you don't get any kind of attention at home and that's why you try hard as hell to get attention from a forum. Patethic man :facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
03-09-2013, 09:03 PM
He's potentially days away from returning. I'd say every practice is important at this point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Blue&Orange
03-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Rose was cleared to play a while a go, it came out publicly now because the management wants to pressure him. The moment you start to have full practices you are ready to play, period. Apparently Rose just wants to practice.

Pointguard
03-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Looking at Shumpert, Rose isn't going to come back - it takes more than a month to get your confidence and the playoffs will be right up on him. He just should wait till next year.

Budadiiii
03-09-2013, 10:59 PM
You're seriously the biggest tryhard wannabe troll on this forum. I'm guessing you don't get any kind of attention at home and that's why you try hard as hell to get attention from a forum. Patethic man :facepalm
The funny thing is, I don't try hard AT ALL. I see a thread and post whatever comes to my mind. YOU are the one trying hard to belittle me to make YOURSELF feel better about your miserable life. THAT is what's pathetic.

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 11:13 PM
The funny thing is, I don't try hard AT ALL. I see a thread and post whatever comes to my mind. YOU are the one trying hard to belittle me to make YOURSELF feel better about your miserable life. THAT is what's pathetic.

so i guess your mind is full of garbage? makes sense, nothing to see here :roll: :roll: :roll:

Budadiiii
03-09-2013, 11:14 PM
so i guess your mind is full of garbage? makes sense, nothing to see here :roll: :roll: :roll:
Haven't been wrong about one thing since joining this site.

PP34Deuce
03-09-2013, 11:31 PM
I dont blame the Bulls. I don't blame anyone, but Adidas is not helping matters.

These shoe companies are worse than agents nowadays. I have seen the new RG3 ad and I've heard from Washington reporters that its not a guarantee he will be ready by Week 1. Way too much pressure, but thats the cost of getting 8 figure shoe deals.

Bulls aren't going anywhere this year beyond 2nd round. I would sit him everyone knows he loves basketball so it's not a desire thing.

And Adrian peterson is a freak of nature, no one should ever compare the 2...That guy is on another planet next to TO when it comes to injury recovery

KDthunderup
03-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Rose was cleared to play a while a go, it came out publicly now because the management wants to pressure him. The moment you start to have full practices you are ready to play, period. Apparently Rose just wants to practice.
Why cant Rose just come off the bench and play a few minutes and ease his way? The only excuse i can really see is that his a *****

shady6121
03-09-2013, 11:43 PM

That maybe true, but your mom was definitely wrong when she chose not to swallow.

EoJ
03-09-2013, 11:51 PM
It's almost time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPjb26KdA3s

Budadiiii
03-09-2013, 11:53 PM
That maybe true, but your mom was definitely wrong when she chose not to swallow.
How clever of you.

Feel better about yourself?

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 11:55 PM

uhhh no you couldnt be more wrong. there is a difference between practicing with your teammates, who in Derrick Rose's case, would do anything to prevent harming him in practice, to playing in an NBA game where almost every dude on the other team will probably get a shot in at him at some point in the game. Be real, NBA big men aren't just gonna let you have lay ups because they feel bad about your last injury, fcuk no. Practice is nowhere near as intense as the game, it's something you can never fully prepare for.

shady6121
03-09-2013, 11:56 PM
How clever of you.

Feel better about yourself?

I sure do, but unfortunately your mom doesn't, whose life you've ruined.

willds09
03-09-2013, 11:58 PM
:roll: keep dreaming

Budadiiii
03-09-2013, 11:59 PM
I sure do, but unfortunately your mom doesn't, whose life you've ruined.
Weak insults to the point that I feel sorry for you.

You aren't actually trying are you? :lol

RoundMoundOfReb
03-09-2013, 11:59 PM
You said westbrook was gonna outplay kyrie when they played, but he didn't.

JerryWest
03-10-2013, 12:00 AM
What difference does it make if Rose comes back? He ain't doing shit with lebron, durant and westbrook still being alive :roll:

Budadiiii
03-10-2013, 12:01 AM
You said westbrook was gonna outplay kyrie when they played, but he didn't.
Yes he did. Kyrie had one good offensive quarter. Westbrook outplayed him in every other facet of the game. You didn't even watch the game, did you?

willds09
03-10-2013, 12:03 AM
What difference does it make if Rose comes back? He ain't doing shit with lebron, durant and westbrook still being alive :roll:
And melo:no:

PP34Deuce
03-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Why cant Rose just come off the bench and play a few minutes and ease his way? The only excuse i can really see is that his a *****

Has he had any serious practices full contact? They are treating him with kid gloves I know

RoundMoundOfReb
03-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Yes he did. Kyrie had one good offensive quarter. Westbrook outplayed him in every other facet of the game. You didn't even watch the game, did you?
Yes, i did. Kyrie outplayed him. Deal with it.

JerryWest
03-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Get the **** outta here boy :roll:

willds09
03-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Get the **** outta here boy :roll::lol
Why hate melo so much??

bd#1pguard
03-10-2013, 12:07 AM
the wounded bird speaks again

JerryWest
03-10-2013, 12:08 AM
:lol
Why hate melo so much??
Don't you ****ing dare put him in the same sentence with lebron, kd and goatbrook :mad:

but i'll be nice and say melo >>>bulls :cheers:

bd#1pguard
03-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Don't you ****ing dare put him in the same sentence with lebron, kd and goatbrook :mad:

melo>>>>>>>>>>>westbrick

JerryWest
03-10-2013, 12:11 AM
melo>>>>>>>>>>>westbrick
goatbrook >>> fat melo :coleman:

bd#1pguard
03-10-2013, 12:13 AM
goatbrook >>> fat melo :coleman:

it was a funny injury i give you that haha but you know deep down where the rabbit goes after hoppin down the bunny trail, even in that place, melo is better, westbrick at times is an offensive liability.

MMM
03-10-2013, 12:16 AM
melo>>>>>>>>>>>westbrick

GOAT Swag>>>>>>Melo

JerryWest
03-10-2013, 12:16 AM
it was a funny injury i give you that haha but you know deep down where the rabbit goes after hoppin down the bunny trail, even in that place, melo is better, westbrick at times is an offensive liability.
call me when melo can get 43 points in a finals game :lol

JerryWest
03-10-2013, 12:17 AM
GOAT Swag>>>>>>honey nut cheerios
fixed :lol

willds09
03-10-2013, 12:17 AM

Goatbrook my ass, but hes in same class, you just dont wanna accept it:rolleyes:

willds09
03-10-2013, 12:21 AM
So melo cant score Dat much if he plays in a finals game, no chance at all???:biggums:

Budadiiii
03-10-2013, 12:23 AM
Westbrook positively affects his team/franchise much more than Melo.

Melo may be the better individual talent but Westbrook > Melo.

Plays every game, gives his all, brings no drama, and only cares about winning.

Co-leading a team to the Finals and co-leading his team to the third best record in the league this year. I think they will ultimately have the first seed in the West.

Melo's teammates > Westbrook's

Whether people want to believe it or not, it's almost a fact. The only argument people have is that Westbrook has Durant, which is funny because each guy plays worse when they're on the court together. They don't even compliment each other and these two guys are carrying this team to a shit load of regular and post season wins.

Meticode
03-10-2013, 12:26 AM
Carmelo Anthony, making the NBA Finals since never.

willds09
03-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Carmelo Anthony, making the NBA Finals since never.
Cleveland not going back anytime soon sorry bro:lol but anyway melo will make tha finals, wait til June:applause:

bd#1pguard
03-10-2013, 12:36 AM

Co-leading a team to the Finals and co-leading his team to the third best record in the league this year. I think they will ultimately have the first seed in the West.

Whether people want to believe it or not, it's almost a fact. The only argument people have is that Westbrook has Durant, which is funny because each guy plays worse when they're on the court together. They don't even compliment each other and these two guys are carrying this team to a shit load of regular and post season wins.

durant is better than all of melo's teammates combined, not just in ny but put together all teammates he's ever had in his career and durant is still better than all of them.

when someone says melo >>>westbrick or goatbrook >>>>fat melo, individual talent is what is being compared.

bd#1pguard
03-10-2013, 12:37 AM

call me when your sister gets out of the shower :cheers:

Rubio2Gasol
03-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Melo has never had the firepower to make a finals run. The year he did he got to the conference finals where he met Kobe..who no one was about to deny.

But carry on convrniently ignoring that.

The funniest part is that Melo has made the playoffs every season. You got guys like Chris Paul who haven't done that. Guys like Chris Paul who have never done anything even remotely significant in the post season. Yet they are worshipped and classified as top 5 ever at their position.

nightprowler10
03-10-2013, 01:38 AM
I can't wait till Rose finally plays a game either this year or next, so this BS can end. Reading through the first few pages of this thread is infuriating. Bunch of people with no idea of the details.

chips93
03-10-2013, 01:52 AM
I can't wait till Rose finally plays a game either this year or next, so this BS can end. Reading through the first few pages of this thread is infuriating. Bunch of people with no idea of the details.

why dont you share he details?

[i havent read the start of the thread]

RoundMoundOfReb
03-10-2013, 01:53 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :roll:

Sarcastic
03-10-2013, 01:57 AM
If Westbrook didn't play with Durant, his team would still be in the lottery.

coin24
03-10-2013, 02:29 AM
If Westbrook didn't play with Durant, his team would still be in the lottery.

This:applause:

dunksby
03-10-2013, 05:42 AM
I don't get the hate on Rose? Dude has not even been around that much to gather that much hate. Some of you must lead really ****ed up lives to have so much rage and hate inside to be able to hate on so many players/teams etc.

The_Yearning
03-10-2013, 05:46 AM
Derrick Rose showing a bitchmade side to him I've never seen before. All that money and fame has really gotten to his head.

Human Error
03-10-2013, 06:04 AM
A weak attempt to put Melo in the same sentence where he does not belong. Melo is clearly a notch below Durant and two notches below Lebron.

La Frescobaldi
03-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Mentally ready? Hes playing ****ing basketball not football or rugby

basketball is more stress on the legs than either of those sports.

Football has the contact injuries yeah.

But how often do you see a guy's leg just collapse under him in football? You see it in basketball every season. It's because the strain is so much more severe and prolonged than football where you play about 6 or 8 seconds and get 30 seconds or more of standing around.

I suspect Rose is the guy who knows what his knee is doing. And I suspect he's not ready to put game-weight on it.

macmac
03-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Funny how people criticizing Rose have zero clue what a fully torn ACL is. A decade ago it was a pretty much a career ending injury. I've torn my acl 3 years ago and my body will never be the same because of it. Granted, I slacked on the rehab and I'm not a professional athlete with all the resources in the world, but still that kind of injury is really no joke, especially for an explosive player whose main offensive tools are to drive to the lane in traffic, which is pretty much a sure fire way to get injured unless you're super human like Lebron

nathanjizzle
03-10-2013, 08:38 AM
D rose should play today

STATUTORY
03-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Melo has never had the firepower to make a finals run. The year he did he got to the conference finals where he met Kobe..who no one was about to deny.

But carry on convrniently ignoring that.

The funniest part is that Melo has made the playoffs every season. You got guys like Chris Paul who haven't done that. Guys like Chris Paul who have never done anything even remotely significant in the post season. Yet they are worshipped and classified as top 5 ever at their position.

your last paragraph is spot on. Chris Paul is the media darling because he's seen as a straight laced and stand up brotha that can be the face of the league. So he gets passes that more "hood" players don't get.

I mean put a sweater and pair of glasses on Chris paul and da ni99a looks like he should be selling insurance with the nametag Cliff Paul

He's the bill cosby of the NBA.

nathanjizzle
03-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Chris paul makes bryant gumball look like malcom x

Jailblazers7
03-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Rose also puts more pressure and strain on his ligaments/tendons than any of us can even imagine. Not sure how ppl can judge him when: 1) he competes at a level of magnitude beyond what we have, 2) the health of his knee is vital to his career, and 3) he knows his body better than anyone.

Rubio2Gasol
03-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Rose also puts more pressure and strain on his ligaments/tendons than any of us can even imagine. Not sure how ppl can judge him when: 1) he competes at a level of magnitude beyond what we have, 2) the health of his knee is vital to his career, and 3) he knows his body better than anyone.

And the defining point. The Bulls Management essentially attempted to tank the season. Never at any point were they preparing for him to comeback and them to be a contender in the playoffs.

In terms of pure risk/benefit it's not worth it to him or them that he rush back.

But you still get the feeling that there's a minimum of 24 games left in the season for the Bulls and he's going to play eventually.

R.I.P.
03-10-2013, 01:27 PM
I wonder whether he is giving back the Bulls the 44000 dollars a day that insurance is not going to cover, when he is physically cleared to play.

Y2Gezee
03-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Don't know all he's going through, but I'm really shocked he hasn't played yet.

You have to work your way into game shape, by playing games. It's the only way. Even with training camp, the only reason guys look good to start the regular season is because they get to play Pre-season.

As for his knee strength. Well it probably won't be there until a full year, so I guess he's gonna come back at best a couple of weeks or the week of the playoffs.