PDA

View Full Version : Sam Presti picked the best player in the draft three years straight...

Westbrook0
03-11-2013, 05:29 PM
2007 - Kevin Durant
2008 - Russell Westbrook
2009 - James Harden

That's pretty crazy when you think about it. How often does one team get what turns out to be the best player in the draft three years straight?

Rose
03-11-2013, 05:30 PM
:no:

Rose>Russy
Blake>Harden

bagelred
03-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Um....have you heard of a man named Derrick Rose?

All Net
03-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Shame for Presti he had to let harden go..

shaq2000
03-11-2013, 05:32 PM

Rose>Russy
Blake>Harden

This.

scm5
03-11-2013, 05:33 PM

Rose>Russy
Blake>Harden

I agree with Blake > Harden.

I would rather have Westbrook than Rose though, and I don't like Westbrook. Rose was better than Westbrook, but his knee injury has really decreased his stock in my eyes. I would much rather have Westbrook, who has been an ironman ever since he made it into the league than Rose, who is a huge question mark right now.

All Net
03-11-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm sorry but Blake is not better than harden.. James has been elite this year. Borderline top 8-10 player.

BGriffin's Dad
03-11-2013, 05:38 PM
2007 - 1st

Durant
Noah
Horford

2008 - 3rd

Rose
Love
Westbrook

2009 - 2nd

Griffin
Harden
Curry

yeah, he picked the best in '07 but big deal.. it was a weak draft class

Budadiiii
03-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Crazy.

He's also made some mistakes to bring his genius down a bit.

Still, he's a great GM

Westbrook0
03-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Blake is not a better player overall than Harden, are you kidding me? He might have been better than Harden the first couple of years while Harden was stuck on the Thunder bench, but most GMs in the league would take Harden over Blake right now if starting a franchise.

Blake is averaging 18.7 points and 8.7 rebounds, playing with one of the best point guards in the league. He is down from his career averages.

Harden is averaging 26 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds, and 2 steals, and is almost single handedly leading a not-very-good Rockets team to the playoffs. And Harden has shown that he will only get better, whereas Griffin has not gotten much better.

KG215
03-11-2013, 05:46 PM
2007 - 1st

Durant
Noah
Horford

2008 - 3rd

Rose
Love
Westbrook

2009 - 2nd

Griffin
Harden
Curry

Love over Westbrook? Based on what? And Griffin over Harden is highly debatable. I won't argue that pre-injury Rose > Westbrook. We'll see if that remains the case after Rose returns, though.

The Choken One
03-11-2013, 05:49 PM
I'd rather Curry over Harden, but I think they're basically equal.

DirkNowitzki41
lol @ love over westbrook

Rubio2Gasol
People give way too much credit for selecting the right player I feel. It almost always boils down to draft stock and projections. While Westrbook was an inspired choice, Durant and Harden basically went where people felt they should have gone.

Not enough credit is given for cultivating the talent of a draft pick. The organizations who do well in the draft are likely the organizations who give opportunities to young players and who have great coaches and trainers who actively work to mold those players into what they become.

For example - everyone was saying before the draft that Drummond was more likely to be a bust than to succeed in the league for whatever reason. So does the fact that he has been a success mean the Detroit scouts made some amazing pick?

Nah. That's too simple. Every scout in the damn league saw what Drummond could do athletically. They chose not to pick him because they didn't trust they had the organization to develop so as to collect the dividends that talent could eventually play.

scm5
03-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Blake is not a better player overall than Harden, are you kidding me? He might have been better than Harden the first couple of years while Harden was stuck on the Thunder bench, but most GMs in the league would take Harden over Blake right now if starting a franchise.

Blake is averaging 18.7 points and 8.7 rebounds, playing with one of the best point guards in the league. He is down from his career averages.

Harden is averaging 26 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds, and 2 steals, and is almost single handedly leading a not-very-good Rockets team to the playoffs. And Harden has shown that he will only get better, whereas Griffin has not gotten much better.

Griffin is playing only 32mpg. Per 36, he's averaging 21/10/4.

Harden is playing 39mpg. Per 36, he's averaging 25/4.5/5.5.

I don't always use Per 36 numbers to compare players, but in this case there is a legitimate reason to. BG plays for a very deep team that blows a lot of teams out. It's also not like we haven't seen what he can do if he played 36mpg.

Dasher
03-11-2013, 05:52 PM
2007 - 1st

Durant
Noah
Horford

2008 - 3rd

Rose
Love
Westbrook

2009 - 2nd

Griffin
Harden
Curry

Picking Noah instead of Jeff Green would have been an interesting move, though it could have led to them not being in position to get their hands on Westbrook and Harden later.

BGriffin's Dad
03-11-2013, 05:53 PM
most GMs in the league would take Harden over Blake right now if starting a franchise.

:roll:

Doranku
03-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Did someone really just say Kevin "Empty Stats" Love is better than Westbrick? :roll:

Sarcastic
03-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Westbrook and Durant were no brainers. I think he got lucky with Harden, in that he turned out to be much better than anyone thought. I think that's also the reason that he chose Westbrook over Harden to move forward with.

Riley Martin
03-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Westbrook and Durant were no brainers. I think he got lucky with Harden, in that he turned out to be much better than anyone thought. I think that's also the reason that he chose Westbrook over Harden to move forward with.

This. It's not like he passed on Griffin to take Harden. OP, are you saying the Thunder wouldn't have drafted Griffin if they had had the 1st pick that year instead of the Clippers?

FireDavidKahn
03-11-2013, 06:01 PM

Rose>Russy
Blake>Harden
Lol, Blake is NOT better than Harden.

FireDavidKahn
03-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Westbrook was far from a no brainer. Lots of people thought Presti reached with that pick at that time.

Fiasco
03-11-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm sorry but Blake is not better than harden.. James has been elite this year. Borderline top 8-10 player.

Blake's stats are down because he plays less minutes, not to mention he isn't the primary option on offense.

Peteballa
Westbrook was far from a no brainer. Lots of people thought Presti reached with that pick at that time.

This. Jerryd Bayless was ranked ahead of Westbrook on most draft boards.

Clyde
Harden is more dynamic (can do more ) than Blake.

Im not sure how you can argue that

mrbigshot1
Harden > Griffen Without a doubt

chips93
03-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Picking Noah instead of Jeff Green would have been an interesting move, though it could have led to them not being in position to get their hands on Westbrook and Harden later.

noah sucked his first couple years, the thunder still would have sucked with him instead of green, and been bad enough to draft russ and harden.

Fiasco
03-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Harden is more dynamic (can do more ) than Blake.

Im not sure how you can argue that

Harden can shoot free throws and three pointers better than Griffin. And that's really where it ends.

G-train
03-11-2013, 06:20 PM

Westbrook wasn't a no brainer.

G-train
03-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Harden can shoot free throws and three pointers better than Griffin. And that's really where it ends.

That's not a smart post.

Fiasco
03-11-2013, 06:22 PM
That's not a smart post.

Look at the statistics for yourself.

Budadiiii
03-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Blake is a better passer than Harden?

LikeABosh
03-11-2013, 06:27 PM
And then he trades away Harden instead of Ibaka :lol

Fiasco
03-11-2013, 06:31 PM

Make your own call.

Griffin APG: 4.4
Harden APG: 5.8

Griffin AST+: 4.4
Harden AST+: 7.0

Griffin AR: 16.85
Harden AR: 18.55

Griffin TOR: 10.40
Harden TOR: 11.73

Griffin TO: 2.3
Harden TO: 3.7

Griffin A:T - 1.62
Harden A:T - 1.58

Burgz V2
03-11-2013, 06:33 PM
i cant believe people still think westbrook is better than rose. maybe a better athlete but Rose healthy is a much better player and is expecte to do MUCH more for his team to win, and they are consistently a top 2 EC team.

chips93
03-11-2013, 06:37 PM
i cant believe people still think westbrook is better than rose. maybe a better athlete but Rose healthy is a much better player and is expecte to do MUCH more for his team to win, and they are consistently a top 2 EC team.

i dont think many people see russ as better than a healthy rose, its just that we dont know what rose will look like once he returns

plus, westbrook is clearly the more durable player

SilkkTheShocker
03-11-2013, 06:39 PM
He also traded James Harden for Kevin Martin

LAClipsFan33
03-11-2013, 06:43 PM

Overall no. Relative to his position ? Yes

Harden is an above average passer on the wing...Blake is an elite passing big

Fiasco
03-11-2013, 06:44 PM

This is my conclusion as well.

Crown&Coke
03-11-2013, 06:47 PM

this. Goatbrook played the 2 at UCLA, and was drafted to play point. That pick was based on elite athleticsm and the idea that he would grow into a pg.

But lets not forget the fact he is picking top 3 or so picks for consecutive years. The man is a genius no doubt, but he didn't turn water into wine. He basically got the pick of the litter for 3 draft classes

Burgz V2
03-11-2013, 06:47 PM

Westbrook was NOT a no-brainer, he played very little point at UCLA and many scouts doubted he'd be able to play the point in the league because of poor decision making and saw him more of a slashing guard rather than a lead guard.

Hindsight is 20/20, just because he's an elite player in the league now doesn't mean that Presti wasn't questioned for picking him with Augustin (who had a great college career in only two years) and Bayless (who had a lot of hype coming out of the draft workouts) still on the board

OKCThunderUP
03-11-2013, 06:50 PM

Yeah being a "top 2 EC team" doesn't mean shit in this scenario for 2 reasons: The EC is weak as hell, and the Thunder are consistently a top 2 WC team, which is a much harder accomplishment.

What makes Rose better? He doesn't shoot better percentages, his jump shot and his 3-pt shot are far worse than Westbrook's, he peaked at 7.7apg in 2010 (Westbrook has finished 8+apg twice), he's not as good a rebounder, he's not as durable. So what is it that makes him better?

Droid101
03-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Best player available, then? That's still tough to do.

chips93
03-11-2013, 06:54 PM

so do we say harden is a better rebounder, since he is better relative to his position than blake is?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2013&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&qual=&c1stat=gs&c1comp=gt&c1val=20&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=trb_pct

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2013&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&qual=&c1stat=gs&c1comp=gt&c1val=20&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=trb_pct

harden is 15th out of 68, in rebounding, of guards who have started at least 20 games, while blake is 20th out of 75, in forwards who have started at least 20 games

EDIT: just for clarity sake, rebounding rate (the stat i used) takes into account minutes and pace, so blake playing less mpg, or the rockets playing at a fast pace, has no effect on their rebounding rates

KG215
03-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Westbrook was NOT a no-brainer, he played very little point at UCLA and many scouts doubted he'd be able to play the point in the league because of poor decision making and saw him more of a slashing guard rather than a lead guard.

Hindsight is 20/20, just because he's an elite player in the league now doesn't mean that Presti wasn't questioned for picking him with Augustin (who had a great college career in only two years) and Bayless (who had a lot of hype coming out of the draft workouts) still on the board
OKC actually almost took Brook Lopez instead of Westbrook. A Durant/Harden/Lopez "Big 3" would've been very intriguing, although I'm not sure I'd take it over their current "Big 3" even though Ibaka is worse than Lopez and Westbrook isn't much better than Harden, if any better at all. But it's all about fit and how they play off each other.

An yway, OKC was really high on D.J. Augustin, too. Thank god they didn't go that route. If I remember right, the Bobcats were really high on Westbrook, so it's a good thing we didn't swap picks with them where they would've ended up with Westbrook and we would've ended up with Augustin. Granted, at #9 (where the Bobcats drafted Augustin) OKC would've just taken Lopez since he was still on the board.

Either way, Westbrook was far from a no-brainer. A lot of mock drafts had them taking Bayless for Lopez.

dannywpt
03-11-2013, 07:07 PM
"Westbrook was a no-brainer" had me laughing for quite some time... He was a HUGE questionmark coming out of college. Hardly anyone predicted him to be right in the discussion for best PG in the league within 5 years.

LongLiveTheKing
03-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Harden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Griffin

Westbrook>>Rose

G-train
03-11-2013, 07:19 PM

Harden plays guard. He has a number of things he does better than any big man, not just Griffin.

He is an excellent offensive guard.. he can shoot, create, dribble, score off the bounce, score off the triple threat, shoot from 0-30 feet, drive... better than any big man.

To think otherwise is foolish.

talkingconch
03-11-2013, 07:20 PM
LMAO blake griffin better than harden? what the **** has this guy done besides dunk? Harden is a better overall player, sure he choked in the finals but hell have his chances. Griffin has ways to go before he can become an actually good ''star''
and i dont know about westbrook vs rose, rose is out with injury so right now its gotta be westbrook, only time will tell

OKCThunderUP
03-11-2013, 07:24 PM
In comparing Harden and Griffin, just ask yourself which one can be a franchise cornerstone and you'll have your answer.

Hint: It's Harden.

fsvr54
03-11-2013, 07:25 PM
I have to agree with all the Harden >>> Griffin posts.

FindingTim

I don't agree with this at all. I think almost every GM would trade James Harden straight up for Blake Griffin.

somehow, Blake went from being wildly overrated, to being hated so much that he became underrated (especially with the evolution of his game). His stats don't leap off the page, but he has improved a lot this year. When people say "all Blake can do is dunk" I immediately question how much basketball they watch, because Blake is a lot more than dunks.

Harden is a stud, don't get me wrong-- but I think his stats are swollen from his role and the system he plays in. If Blake Griffin played in the Rockets system I think his stats would be monstrous.

As for who GM's would rather have, I think they would rather have Blake Griffin, who is already very good, and could very well become an evolutionary Karl Malone/Shawn Kemp hybrid, with better handles.

What is James Harden's peak? a rich man's Manu Ginobili? I think most GM's would take Griffin. And this is before even considering all the monetary advertising/marketing benefits of a player like Blake.

Westbrook and Durant were no brainers.
woah slow down there! Westbrook was far from a no-brainer. in fact he is a prime example of the opposite.
when Presti made that pick, there were a lot of people squinting and scratching their heads.

Burgz V2
OKC actually almost took Brook Lopez instead of Westbrook. A Durant/Harden/Lopez "Big 3" would've been very intriguing, although I'm not sure I'd take it over their current "Big 3" even though Ibaka is worse than Lopez and Westbrook isn't much better than Harden, if any better at all. But it's all about fit and how they play off each other.

An yway, OKC was really high on D.J. Augustin, too. Thank god they didn't go that route. If I remember right, the Bobcats were really high on Westbrook, so it's a good thing we didn't swap picks with them where they would've ended up with Westbrook and we would've ended up with Augustin. Granted, at #9 (where the Bobcats drafted Augustin) OKC would've just taken Lopez since he was still on the board.

Either way, Westbrook was far from a no-brainer. A lot of mock drafts had them taking Bayless for Lopez.

I think most analysts said they were gonna pick Augustin, coming off a Cousy award and having played with Durant at Texas as freshmans.

G-train
03-11-2013, 07:26 PM
I don't mind if you choose Harden or Griffin.
But Fiasco said Harden only has FT's and 3 pointers over him. Let be real.

KG215
03-11-2013, 07:30 PM
I think most analysts said they were gonna pick Augustin, coming off a Cousy award and having played with Durant at Texas as freshmans.
Yeah, I don't remember what the exact consensus was among analysts, but I went back and found whatever I could get via a Google search, and I don't think any of them had OKC taking Augustin. It was almost all Lopez and Bayless.

As for the OKC front office, it was Westbrook or Lopez:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YDqdEiQm2XU

http://dailythunder.com/2013/03/how-the-thunder-almost-drafted-brook-lopez-instead-of-russell-westbrook/
[QUOTE]Ben Alamar is a professor of sports management at Menlo College in California and was formerly an analytics consultant for the Thunder.

He

OKCThunderUP
03-11-2013, 07:41 PM
It's also worth noting that the Spurs had zero interest in Tony Parker, but Sam Presti, when he worked with them at the time, pushed the GM HARD to get Parker. They finally relented and, well, yeah. The rest is history. Presti is a wizard.

http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2012/03/01/oklahoma-city-thunder-the-sam-prestitony-parker-history/

Burgz V2
03-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I don't remember what the exact consensus was among analysts, but I went back and found whatever I could get via a Google search, and I don't think any of them had OKC taking Augustin. It was almost all Lopez and Bayless.

As for the OKC front office, it was Westbrook or Lopez:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YDqdEiQm2XU

http://dailythunder.com/2013/03/how-the-thunder-almost-drafted-brook-lopez-instead-of-russell-westbrook/

good find. I was basically stating that analysts (DraftExpress, nbadraft.net, ESPN, SI) had OKC picking Augustin because of his connections to KD, I wasn't saying the team itself actually considered it. Imagine if they had picked Lopez. Ibaka, Lopez, KD, Jeff Green (would never have needed to do the Perk trade). Whether would have gotten Harden is debatable because they might not have had the same draft position, and Harden was pretty much a lock for top 3 (even though he played like some ass in the tourney). Still, that team would still be pretty nice.

qrich
03-11-2013, 07:59 PM
This thread provides the :oldlol:'s and I'm loving it. It shows who watches the games and who watches the box scores. Shows who watches with glasses (hater or stan) on and who doesn't.

KG215
03-11-2013, 08:19 PM
good find. I was basically stating that analysts (DraftExpress, nbadraft.net, ESPN, SI) had OKC picking Augustin because of his connections to KD, I wasn't saying the team itself actually considered it. Imagine if they had picked Lopez. Ibaka, Lopez, KD, Jeff Green (would never have needed to do the Perk trade). Whether would have gotten Harden is debatable because they might not have had the same draft position, and Harden was pretty much a lock for top 3 (even though he played like some ass in the tourney). Still, that team would still be pretty nice.
It's intriguing to think about what OKC might if they had gone with Lopez instead of Westbrook. For the sake of this discussion, say things still play out about the same, and they still take Ibaka later in that same draft; and then say they still draft Harden the following year. They then enter the 2009-2010 season with this core: Durant/Harden/Ibaka/Lopez/Green. They're still faced with the same conundrum since that's 3 max players and a 4th in Ibaka that's a near max player. Since they've already got Lopez, they probably trade Ibaka instead of Harden and go after another guard or a better PF to pair with Lopez in the frontcourt. And maybe they don't ever make the Jeff Green trade since they wouldn't have a need to go after a center to counter the Lakers size which is why they traded for Perkins. However, I'm not sure they could've afforded all four of Durant, Harden, Lopez, and Green either. I don't know if that team is better than their current team, but it's certainly still a contender.

However, there's a decent chance they get their PG in the 2009 draft instead of Harden, so they could've had something like Durant/Curry/Lopez or Durant/Lopez/Rubio.

chips93
03-11-2013, 08:19 PM
This thread provides the :oldlol:'s and I'm loving it. It shows who watches the games and who watches the box scores. Shows who watches with glasses (hater or stan) on and who doesn't.

care to elaborate with an actual point? other than the cliched 'you dont watch enough games!'

b0bab0i
03-11-2013, 08:22 PM
care to elaborate with an actual point? other than the cliched 'you dont watch enough games!'
People who say Griffin can't do anything but DUNK.

shaq2000
03-11-2013, 08:29 PM
In comparing Harden and Griffin, just ask yourself which one can be a franchise cornerstone and you'll have your answer.

Hint: It's Harden.

:facepalm

Griffin is a franchise player. It's not even a question when you consider how much money and interest he brings in, being a starting All-Star, dunk contest, etc. I agree with the posters saying Harden is a better basketball player, but having more franchise value than Blake Griffin? Not even close.

chips93
03-11-2013, 09:02 PM
People who say Griffin can't do anything but DUNK.

people who say that are dumb, but i havent seen any of them in this thread.

as are the people who say griffin is a better passer than harden.

Burgz V2
03-11-2013, 09:21 PM
It's intriguing to think about what OKC might if they had gone with Lopez instead of Westbrook. For the sake of this discussion, say things still play out about the same, and they still take Ibaka later in that same draft; and then say they still draft Harden the following year. They then enter the 2009-2010 season with this core: Durant/Harden/Ibaka/Lopez/Green. They're still faced with the same conundrum since that's 3 max players and a 4th in Ibaka that's a near max player. Since they've already got Lopez, they probably trade Ibaka instead of Harden and go after another guard or a better PF to pair with Lopez in the frontcourt. And maybe they don't ever make the Jeff Green trade since they wouldn't have a need to go after a center to counter the Lakers size which is why they traded for Perkins. However, I'm not sure they could've afforded all four of Durant, Harden, Lopez, and Green either. I don't know if that team is better than their current team, but it's certainly still a contender.

However, there's a decent chance they get their PG in the 2009 draft instead of Harden, so they could've had something like Durant/Curry/Lopez or Durant/Lopez/Rubio.

I agree with the bolded, I think Lopez's presence would have made Ibaka more expendable than Harden in that scenario.

I disagree with not being able to afford Durant, Harden, Lopez and Green though. I think it is much more likely for them to make the salaries work with those for than if you include Westbrook, where him, Durant and Harden are all clearly max players, whereas Lopez and Green could've taken pay cuts (although Lopez's market value potentially would have/is inflated due to the lack of good centres in the league). Even so, if you have to move one guy and keep the other three (and attempting to think like Presti) you use Green as an asset and move him for a good pg (plenty of good enough pgs in the league) or for a pick (however this draft doesn't really have a standout pg, hindsight is 20/20, I digress though) and you still end up with a player that is top 5 at their respective positions at 3 of your 5 starting positions with KD/Harden/Lopez. I don't know it just makes more sense to me.

bdreason
03-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Should have taken Curry!

I like to play OKC Assoc. in 2K13 and trade Westbrook + filler for Curry and Thompson. Curry - Thompson - Durant :bowdown:

STATUTORY
03-11-2013, 10:30 PM
lol @ blake over Harden

this aint the dunk contest

Rondo
03-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Shame for Presti he had to let harden go..

I guess you could say he had to learn the hard way.

And yeah, Rose is better than Westbrook.

Fiasco
03-12-2013, 01:32 AM
I don't mind if you choose Harden or Griffin.
But Fiasco said Harden only has FT's and 3 pointers over him. Let be real.

You absolutely cannot evaluate players in a vacuum. Harden shoots 3 pointers and free throws better than Griffin. These are expected. Just like no one expects Harden to grab more rebounds or get more blocks than Blake. Blake as a big man is an elite ball handler and playmaker, just like Harden as a guard is. It's a wash when put into context.

Harden plays guard. He has a number of things he does better than any big man, not just Griffin.

He is an excellent offensive guard.. he can shoot, create, dribble, score off the bounce, score off the triple threat, shoot from 0-30 feet, drive... better than any big man.

To think otherwise is foolish.

Griffin does all these listed things at an above average level as a big man in addition to his abilities as a power forward. This is why we don't throw out silly statements like "Harden is a more dynamic player than Griffin (because he does more)" when it's clearly not the case.

03-12-2013, 02:05 AM
2007 - Kevin Durant
2008 - Russell Westbrook
2009 - James Harden

That's pretty crazy when you think about it. How often does one team get what turns out to be the best player in the draft three years straight?

Two out of three ain't bad.

Kevin Durant and Harden.