PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James is the most exciting player to watch since Jordan

Bigsmoke
03-13-2013, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP0_mDhn2RA

could we all appreciate his heroics while we can :confusedshrug:

Fiasco
03-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Nothing more exciting than running to the rim and shooting free throws, that's for sure.

Kobr
03-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Nothing more exciting than running to the rim and shooting free throws, that's for sure.

But he does it while traveling and without getting called for it and that's pretty exciting.

vert48
03-13-2013, 04:20 PM
But he does it while traveling and without getting called for it and that's pretty exciting.
5 steps is on a travel if it gets called.

Kobr
03-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Personally, I enjoy watching him work his magic in the post.

http://nsa20.casimages.com/img/2010/11/25/101125035807433904.gif

STATUTORY
03-13-2013, 04:22 PM
in term of excitement there's nothing comparable to Kobe. TO make the tough shots he does is exhilirating to watch. that's why kobe is able to win over opposing crowds with his performances the way lebron has never been able to

I remember back in 2008 or so Kobe came to MSG and dropped 60, the garden was cheering and in awe of the display

Lebron came in the night after and did something like 50/5/5 but everyone was booing him because his performance lacked the dramatic tension to connect with the audience.

vert48
03-13-2013, 04:23 PM

It's only magic if you don't look at his feet.

pauk
03-13-2013, 04:30 PM

He has great post game right now..... whats the point of showing an older gif of him missing a shot there.... like if Kobe never misses something there or something? Lebron right now compared to Kobe has actually a much more efficient/productive post up game... he doesnt even have to pull a move at all to be more efficient than Kobe there, just use his size/strength to ragdoll down somebody under the basket for the easy lay in.... just like he did against Kobe the last time...

pauk
03-13-2013, 04:30 PM

Yes, im sure thats all he does....

Some of you are so ignorant its just sad...

Kaspah
03-13-2013, 04:35 PM
That's an opinion mofukka.

Negged

STATUTORY
03-13-2013, 04:37 PM
He has great post game right now..... whats the point of showing an older gif of him missing a shot there.... like if Kobe never misses something there or something? Lebron right now compared to Kobe has actually a much more efficient/productive post up game... he doesnt even have to pull a move at all to be more efficient than Kobe there, just use his size/strength to ragdoll down somebody under the basket for the easy lay in.... just like he did against Kobe the last time...
difference between missing a shot and showing lack of coordination, body control, and ungraceful movements

even when Kobe takes bad shots he still has great form. Lebron makes good shots look ugly as hell. That's the difference between them. Kobe's game is aesthetic

imnew09
03-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Yea it was fun seeing him taking his talents to the south beach and joining two other super stars :bowdown:

Mr. Jabbar
03-13-2013, 04:46 PM
lol, hes the most boring superstar i have memory of, take away his transition dunks and the guy is a complete no-show...

talkingconch
03-13-2013, 04:55 PM
lol. i think you mean hes the most exciting since kobe. There is nothing exciting about Lebrons game other than when he goes off. His dunks are impressive though.

think of players like Kobe, Carmelo, Durant, these guys are a little bit more exciting to watch because they can at least shoot the ball/make tough shots. Kobe has great footwork, can still dunk with an extra oof, post game, etc etc. Carmelo and KD are great offensive threats and are capable of hitting tough shots as well.

His post game and footwork are no where near Kobe's. Don't ever try to argue against this. Yes he has brute strength and is very athletic. Like i said, the only time he is exciting is when he goes off. His first game winner for the Heat was just a few days ago. He has no memorable games (besides the pistons game, madison square garden game, last years playoffs, etc), no definitive game winners besides that 1 he had vs Orlando years ago.

gengiskhan
03-13-2013, 04:57 PM

Its easy to forget 1999-2003 Shaq like he never existed.

I think Shaq was the most exciting player to watch since MJ.

&

LBJ is the most exciting player to watch since Shaq.

because

Its MJ's Dominance

vs Shaq's Dominance

vs LBJ's Dominance!

You can group AI, Duncan, Kobe, Wade, T-mac as 2nd Tier level EASILY. its not even an argument.

LBJ is the most exciting player to watch since SHAQ not MJ.

SHAQ was the most exciting player to watch since MJ.

talkingconch
03-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Its easy to forget 1999-2003 Shaq like he never existed.

I think Shaq was the most exciting player to watch since MJ.

&

LBJ is the most exciting player to watch since Shaq.

because

Its MJ's Dominance

vs Shaq's Dominance

vs LBJ's Dominance!

You can group AI, Duncan, Kobe, Wade, T-mac as 2nd Tier level EASILY. its not even an argument.

LBJ is the most exciting player to watch since SHAQ not MJ.

SHAQ was the most exciting player to watch since MJ.

red

kNicKz
03-13-2013, 04:59 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/allen_iverson_michael_redd.jpg

http://wannadunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Iverson-Dunking-on-Howard.jpg

ripthekik
03-13-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm proud of my fellow ISH'ers in this thread :applause: :applause:

Smoke117
03-13-2013, 05:02 PM
It's all opinion what player you find most enjoyable to watch play. Personally I find Dwyane Wade more enjoyable to watch play than Lebron James and that is his own teammate! Especially right now when Wade is just on a tear...I just like the way Wade gets himself to the rim or close to the rim...he's so effortless at getting himself and then scoring close or at the rim and it's a beautiful, efficient game. It's an UNSTOPPABLE game when his jump shot is on like it has been on this run the heat are on. Wade isn't averaging an absurd amount of ft's or anything either so there isn't anything anyone can complain or troll about either.

#number6ix#
03-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Basketball is and always will be about BUCKETS(bill russell voice) ill take a ugly made shot over a beautiful miss any day. This isn't ballet theres no style points

gengiskhan
03-13-2013, 05:04 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/allen_iverson_michael_redd.jpg

as much as AI ball hogs & shot jocks. Its really boring to see 1-dimentional player taking 50+% of the teams FGAs.

Same can be said about Kobe too. He is just a 6'6" AI or visa versa. & please dont even try Kobe plays killer D unlike AI cuz AI is 3 x steals champ. Kobe got none. ZERO!

live with it.

yes AI = Kobe = T-mac = Duncan.

most successful career, its Kobe = Duncan > AI > Tmac & this is different story alltogether.

DCL
03-13-2013, 05:06 PM
most productive player is not same as most exciting player to watch.

lebron is the former, without question. the latter is, well, debatable...

Replay32
03-13-2013, 05:08 PM
There's many exciting players since MJ. Kobe being one of them. I don't care how much kobe is hated, he's an exciting player to watch. He's been beasting since before lebron came into the league. There was also prime VC, and AI. Hell, I love watching Derrick Rose, Dwade and Blake Griffin too.

If you have any questions about Kobe, you should youtube some of his highlight mixes. You definitely will come away like....:eek:

tazb
03-13-2013, 05:08 PM
LeBron is even more exciting to watch than Jordan.

tazb
03-13-2013, 05:09 PM
as much as AI ball hogs & shot jocks. Its really boring to see 1-dimentional player taking 50+% of the teams FGAs.

Same can be said about Kobe too. He is just a 6'6" AI or visa versa. & please dont even try Kobe plays killer D unlike AI cuz AI is 3 x steals champ. Kobe got none. ZERO!

live with it.

yes AI = Kobe = T-mac = Duncan.

most successful career, its Kobe = Duncan > AI > Tmac & this is different story alltogether.

:applause: If AI was with Shaq those years he would have 3 rings, if not more.

gengiskhan
03-13-2013, 05:10 PM
most productive player is not same as most exciting player to watch.

lebron is the former, without question. the latter is, well, debatable...

seriously dude!

did you just say that?

Like today's NBA is brimming with Barkley's & Olaijuwan's & Ewings & D'Rob & Kemps.

LBJ is clearly the most exciting player to watch EASILY! its not even debatable.

I cant imagine watching Wade by himself for 3 hrs. Duncan is even bigger bore even in his peak years.

Today, LBJ = NBA

10 yrs ago, It was Shaq = NBA

'90s era, It was MJ = NBA

'80s era, it was MJ, Magic, Bird = NBA

imdaman99
03-13-2013, 05:11 PM
if AI was with wade and bosh, he would have had 2 rings already :oldlol:

gengiskhan
03-13-2013, 05:12 PM

I've said this long time ago.

Shaq + AI will result in 3 rings.

Shaq + T-mac will result in 3 rings.

Shaq + peak prime young Vince will result in 3 rings.

Shaq + Duncan = 4 rings incl. 2004 ring vs Pistons.

Shaq peak prime was UNSTOPPABLE. He went MEDIEVAL in the paint.

TheMarkMadsen
03-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Lebron's game can be ugly at times and comes off as bully ball, he's 6'9 280 he can get anywhere on the court by just overpowering players and lowering his shoulder.

His footwork is atrocious as times too, his game is more "I'm bigger than everybody" rather than "I'm more skilled than everybody"

Watching a guy like Duncan or Kobe's footwork is way more impressive than watching the biggest guy bully his way around

imnew09
03-13-2013, 05:15 PM

If AI was with the Cavs with the line up Lebron had, he would have 6 rings and counting, and he wouldn't have left Cleveland.

tazb
03-13-2013, 05:18 PM
if AI was with wade and bosh, he would have had 2 rings already :oldlol:

Yea...would AI average 10 rebounds in the Finals? Or would he defend the other teams best player? You do know there's more to basketball than just scoring right? You wouldn't know you're a Melo stan. :lol

Mr. Incredible
03-13-2013, 05:20 PM
lol, hes the most boring superstar i have memory of, take away his transition dunks and the guy is a complete no-show...
:lol

Kobr
03-13-2013, 05:22 PM
LeBron's game is aesthetically unpleasant. From his jumper to his 'post game' - kinda painful to watch. More so when he is posting up. He just looks out of sorts down there. LeBron should stick with what he does best; bully-ball bulldozing people over. LeBron will never have Kobe Bryant fundamentals or fluidity.

http://nsa25.casimages.com/img/2011/01/28/110128111449498876.gif

http://nsa25.casimages.com/img/2011/01/28/110128110505727973.gif

SilkkTheShocker
03-13-2013, 05:23 PM
By far the most exciting player in the league. IF you disagree, than you obviously suffer from homosexual tendencies/mental retardation.

DCL
03-13-2013, 05:23 PM
seriously dude!

did you just say that?

Like today's NBA is brimming with Barkley's & Olaijuwan's & Ewings & D'Rob & Kemps.

LBJ is clearly the most exciting player to watch EASILY! its not even debatable.

I cant imagine watching Wade by himself for 3 hrs. Duncan is even bigger bore even in his peak years.

Today, LBJ = NBA

10 yrs ago, It was Shaq = NBA

'90s era, It was MJ = NBA

'80s era, it was MJ, Magic, Bird = NBA

you are totally confusing best player with most exciting to watch player.

not the same.

prime VC was more fun to watch than lebron. VC ain't holding lebron's jock strap as an overall player.

Mr. Incredible
03-13-2013, 05:29 PM
He is definitely the most exciting player in transition. There is no debate there.

SpaceJammeR
03-13-2013, 05:32 PM
i enjoy watching lebron because of his defense, on his chase down blocks. his vicious dunks. his amazing passes. and especially when he gets hot. he wasn't built with finesse he was built with raw athleticism and power. yes he doesn't have a great post up game and footwork like kobe or mj. but that doesn't make him any less exciting.

Jailblazers7
03-13-2013, 05:34 PM
He is definitely the most exciting player in transition. There is no debate there.

John Wall is up there too imo.

I think the most exciting player since Jordan was Vince Carter in his prime.

SilkkTheShocker
03-13-2013, 05:35 PM

John Wall is trash.

Mr. Incredible
03-13-2013, 05:37 PM

That's debatable but I hear ya.

ripthekik
03-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Exciting for me in the last decade or so was:
Iverson, Kobe, T-mac.

The new generation: Rose, Irving

G-Funk
03-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Haahahah I would not even put him top 5

Kobe
Rose
Wade
Paul
Durant

Rysio
03-13-2013, 05:52 PM
most exciting player since jordan cant even get more all star votes than a 50 year old kobe? :confusedshrug:

imdaman99
03-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Yea...would AI average 10 rebounds in the Finals? Or would he defend the other teams best player? You do know there's more to basketball than just scoring right? You wouldn't know you're a Melo stan. :lol
I'm not even a Melo stan, I barely like him. Which shows your ignorance, you assume all Knicks fans are Melo stans. You're clearly a Lebron stan. Maybe Lebron should have actually tried to defend the other team's best player in the Finals. He has never done that in the Finals.

Who did he cover against the Spurs? I don't even know, that Finals was boring.

Who did he cover against the Mavs? Marion? Terry? He didn't even try to guard Dirk.

Who did he cover against OKC? It wasn't Durant, that's for sure. Outside of maybe 2 plays a game. When he did cover him, he mauled him and got away with the series changing 'stop'.

Stan up son, you represent Lebron in a pathetic manner. Celtics fan :roll:

tmacattack33
03-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Exciting is subjective.

But yeah, for me, i like watching great passers, so Lebron is at the top for me and that's why i started becoming a fan of his.

The most exciting to watch for me since I started watching bball in 1995:

Penny
Chris Paul
Lebron

talkingconch
03-13-2013, 06:02 PM
most exciting player since jordan cant even get more all star votes than a 50 year old kobe? :confusedshrug:
:applause:

yet lebron stans continue to post delusional stuff :confusedshrug:

DCL
03-13-2013, 06:08 PM
if you thought the sky hook was boring, you would had hated watching kareem skyhook your team to death all day and night, but he was the most unstoppable player in the league for a long time.

people need to understand the simple concept that the best player is not necessarily same as most exciting player.

dr. j was 100X more fun to watch than kareem. but that don't mean sh!t in being the best player.

crisoner
03-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Somebody on this thread said LeBron has a great post game.

SMH

clayton
03-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Watching layups = exciting? :roll:

DonDadda59
03-13-2013, 06:40 PM

Great is a strong word. His post game has improved, but he still has work to do. I think he should study with James Worthy moreso than the Dream. I don't think he has the fluidity and quickness to pull of Hakeem's arsenal, he'd be better off studying a more traditional back to the basket approach. Crazy to think that he still has room to improve considering he's already clearly the best in the business :eek:

DonDadda59
03-13-2013, 06:48 PM
And here's the most exciting player post Jordan, easily:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHG1g8IFbQk

No one electrified an NBA arena like this guy in his athletic prime. Everyone in the building was cheering for Vince, no matter what building or team he was in.

Legends66NBA7
03-13-2013, 06:51 PM
From the early 00's = Allen Iverson, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant... are more exciting.

From when James got drafted = Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul are more exciting.

For the decade or last 15 years since Jordan, I think Wade or Carter have been the most exciting players. Flip a coin between them.

Pointguard
03-13-2013, 06:59 PM
On TV Lebron doesn't look super impressive to me. But seeing him live its a whole different story. Still don't know if he had MVP year Derrick Rose beat in the excitement apartment - Derrick Rose gives the sensation that he has power packs on and then you actually see how he does unique spins on the ball and such. Both look like they are doing something more than other humans can do. Kobe is a scoring mastermind so he gets props too.

In that video, Lebron leaps from the foul line, incidentally, and he just gets control of the ball at the mid court line. Crazy, now that you aren't seeing anyplace else.

alleykat
03-13-2013, 07:31 PM
any of you guys actually seen james live?

if you haven't then i suggest you should before you make your decision. he is insanely big and insanely fast....and can jump out the building....

and if you have and still think he is boring - well to each his own.

Riley Martin
03-13-2013, 07:36 PM
+1 that being exciting doesn't always correlate with being the best player.

Blake Griffin can obviously be pretty exciting, especially on his breaks.

STATUTORY
03-13-2013, 07:38 PM

I lol'd in real life. john wall for all his athletic prowess couldn't even break down college defenses consistently and get to the rim at will, that's why Kentucky got cooked in the tournament and he's suppose to be exciting>

Bandito
03-13-2013, 07:41 PM
He traveled noob!

...and missed the shot:roll:

EDIT: DIdn't Kobe embarrass him last time they saw each other?

Bandito
03-13-2013, 07:44 PM

I am going to rep you when I can! Respect:cheers:

People keep forgetting A.I was an exciting player to see. Carter, A.I, TMac and Kobe were the swingmen that were as exciting as/since MJ. Lebron came after.

Bandito
03-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Somebody on this thread said LeBron has a great post game.

SMH
Who do you think it was?:coleman:

kNicKz
03-13-2013, 08:02 PM
you are totally confusing best player with most exciting to watch player.

not the same.

prime VC was more fun to watch than lebron. VC ain't holding lebron's jock strap as an overall player.

This. AI was absolutely mesmerizing in his prime. The way he would shred defenses at his size was crazy

dannywpt
03-13-2013, 08:04 PM
I think Derrick Rose was much more fun to watch than LeBron James both last season and the season before. :confusedshrug:

KOBE143
03-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Yeah he's the most exciting player when choking.. It entertains me a lot, watching it.. :lol

GOBB
03-13-2013, 08:16 PM

Juwon Howard is still playing and...on the Heat, Bron team. :lol Funny how this photo worked out this way unless you planned it.

k0kakw0rld
03-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Yeah he's the most exciting player when choking.. It entertains me a lot, watching it.. :lol
U must be bored its been a while since he choked, almost 2 years now

Lebron23
03-13-2013, 08:20 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/973482/lebronn.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/381312_o.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcs0h3fguG1rdqggno1_500.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1171567/lebrondunk.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0jr39yEHi1qchmeyo1_500.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2170125/ohnoperkins.gif

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/lebron-wade6.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2182797/lbjallstar2.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2280359/lebronclutch.gif

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2124/lebronjumpsoverjohnluca.gif

Lebron23
03-13-2013, 08:36 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2310887/lebroniseverything.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1174179/rondobadday.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3sc5bigsd1roog4vo1_500.gif

Solid Snake
03-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Lebron's my favorite player (funny since I despised him 2 years ago since I'm from Cleveland), but here the thing with him- he has MOMENTS when he's the most exciting player to watch (open court, chase down blocks), but he's not consistently exciting. Make no mistake, he's the most EFFICIENT (or right up there), but not exciting.

He was actually more exciting when he was in Cleveland and would actually look to attack the basket almost every time.

talkingconch
03-13-2013, 09:13 PM
u were saying OP ****?

tobethdope
03-13-2013, 09:17 PM
as exicting as mj, lol, not even in top 5 right now:lebroncry:
to me he is the least exciting superstar ever, his physics may be insane, but his basketball skills are not in any aspect

pauk
03-13-2013, 09:22 PM
He is aight, what i like the most about Lebron is actually his unselfishness / vision / passing skills

shady6121
03-13-2013, 09:23 PM
He is aight, what i like the most about Lebron is actually his dick

You sure do.

pauk
03-13-2013, 09:25 PM
You sure do.

Oh u are soooo funny...

This is funnier:

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2009/02/1998_0510knicks.jpg

Lebron23
03-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Oh u are soooo funny...

This is funnier:

The Knicks Killer. Boooom Head shotttt.

imdaman99
03-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Oh u are soooo funny...

This is funnier:

this was the funniest. shoots an airball in game 7 with 7 seconds left in the game :pimp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4fIfmLDG4Q

Jailblazers7
03-13-2013, 09:35 PM
I lol'd in real life. john wall for all his athletic prowess couldn't even break down college defenses consistently and get to the rim at will, that's why Kentucky got cooked in the tournament and he's suppose to be exciting>

I meant he is maybe the most exciting in the league on the break.

pauk
03-13-2013, 09:37 PM
this was the funniest. shoots an airball in game 7 with 7 seconds left in the game :pimp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4fIfmLDG4Q

1 gamewinner missed of 1000 against Knicks :D

9erempiree
03-13-2013, 09:38 PM
A joke of a thread.

Lebron is boring as hell.

NBASTATMAN
03-13-2013, 09:39 PM

I would rather watch wade or kobe any day of the week

kNicKz
03-13-2013, 09:40 PM
http://s3.vidimg02.popscreen.com/original/33/TFl1QS1VQXRPQ3Mx_o_nba-on-nbc-1999-heatknicks-game-5-4th-qtr---part-55.jpg

kNicKz
03-13-2013, 09:41 PM
I know you all started watching basketball after the decision, so you may not remember things like this, only youtube clips of spike and reggie :roll:

plowking
03-13-2013, 10:22 PM
http://s3.vidimg02.popscreen.com/original/33/TFl1QS1VQXRPQ3Mx_o_nba-on-nbc-1999-heatknicks-game-5-4th-qtr---part-55.jpg

Most of the posters in here are Lebron fans, so I doubt they care.

Graviton
03-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Watching Lebron control the flow of the game more exciting than watching Kobe shoot 30% and launch beautiful fadeaways vs the Hawks and turn the ball over 5 times? GTFO here, you don't know what exciting is.

RoundMoundOfReb
03-13-2013, 10:30 PM
He wasn't as great a player but i always found Allen Iversion very entertaining g to watch.

kNicKz
03-13-2013, 10:35 PM
He wasn't as great a player but i always found Allen Iversion very entertaining g to watch.

most electrifying player post jordan

Remix
03-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Players like AI, T-Mac, and kobe are definitely more exciting to watch. They can take a turn around three from 30 feet with a hand in their face and you hold your breath anticipating the make. Which happens alot. Crazy fadeaways and tough shots = excitement.

Bulldozing your way to the paint for a lay-up....eh...

outbreak
03-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Is this the worst thread ever on ISH?
Even if lebron was my favourite player I'd admit he is one of the least exciting superstars of all time. He is highly effective but his drives looked horribly awkward and raw, his jump shot is ugly and he relies heavily on drawing contact. I don't remember ever seeing a move from him that i thought looked pretty only moves that I think look brutal and strength\athelticism related.
Same boat as Paul Pierce or Tim Duncan who are both guys I love, great players but neither of them are exciting or pretty to watch either.

PJR
03-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Amazing to watch in person. Speed, power, acceleration. Bullet passes. All that...

KOBE143
03-13-2013, 11:58 PM
You know guys LeBron games help me fall asleep.. Everytime I watch his game, I fell asleep instantly.. If you have some sleeping problem, I recommend everyone to try it.. It works like a miracle.. But dont watch his 2011 finals.. That game will make you awake for a whole day.. :lol

jrong
03-14-2013, 12:16 AM
It's all subjective, but I don't find his game aesthetically pleasing at all. Any art or artistry that's there is trampled by the the pure, brute force. He's a bull in a china shop. It's like watching Karl Malone try to play like MJ.

Twiens
03-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Great player, boring as hell.

Vragrant
03-14-2013, 12:23 AM
It's all subjective, but I don't find his game aesthetically pleasing at all. Any art or artistry that's there is trampled by the the pure, brute force. He's a bull in a china shop. It's like watching Karl Malone try to play like MJ.

Agreed. He's like the Incredible Hulk of wing players. The problem is, as a wing player, you can see there is little grace or finesse/fluidity when he maneuvers on in the halfcourt. Shaq was The Hulk is well, but it works for him more because he was a dominant bigman, who played with unadulterated violence in the paint.

The irony in your post there is an interview with Jordan a couple of years ago where he actually called Lebron a bull in a china shop.

jrong
03-14-2013, 12:36 AM
Agreed. He's like the Incredible Hulk of wing players. The problem is, as a wing player, you can see there is little grace or finesse/fluidity when he maneuvers on in the halfcourt. Shaq was The Hulk is well, but it works for him more because he was a dominant bigman, who played with unadulterated violence in the paint.

The irony in your post there is an interview with Jordan a couple of years ago where he actually called Lebron a bull in a china shop.

I can't believe that guy earlier in the thread said, no, he's the 2nd most exciting after Shaq. Talk about two players who are among the least appealing to watch superstars.

comerb
03-14-2013, 12:48 AM
in term of excitement there's nothing comparable to Kobe. TO make the stupid shots he does is exhilirating to watch.

FTFY

dannysc305
03-14-2013, 01:06 AM
If this isn't the most exciting highlight tape ever, I don't know what is. It's at least top 10. 11 minutes long, and it's so exciting from start to finish. Of the most exciting player in the NBA. Even had an exciting late game tip in for the win just earlier tonight. Amazing athleticism. Footwork. Finesse. Fluidity. Swagger. Skill. Leadership. Clutch. Cold blooded. Assassin. No one is as consistently exciting as D.Wade.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPVzvf3nPxQ

Bigsmoke
03-14-2013, 05:24 AM
If this isn't the most exciting highlight tape ever, I don't know what is. It's at least top 10. 11 minutes long, and it's so exciting from start to finish. Of the most exciting player in the NBA. Even had an exciting late game tip in for the win just earlier tonight. Amazing athleticism. Footwork. Finesse. Fluidity. Swagger. Skill. Leadership. Clutch. Cold blooded. Assassin. No one is as consistently exciting as D.Wade.

Enjoy!

good shit

All Net
03-14-2013, 06:03 AM

You getting him confused with durant?

Graviton
03-14-2013, 06:14 AM
You getting him confused with durant?
Durant doesn't run to the rim, he gets FTs by swinging his arms on the perimeter.

I think you are thinking of Harden. :oldlol:

2swift4u
03-14-2013, 06:49 AM
Lebron's game might not be the most aesthetically pleasing but he has put a lot of highlight plays together so far, that's for sure. I could imagine that at the end of his career his highlight mix will actually beat Jordan's highlight mix. (I'm talking about incredible plays and not about game winning shots)

diamenz
03-14-2013, 07:34 AM
as exciting as watching 80's jordan? me thinks not.

ball4life27
03-14-2013, 08:27 AM
in term of excitement there's nothing comparable to Kobe. TO make the tough shots he does is exhilirating to watch. that's why kobe is able to win over opposing crowds with his performances the way lebron has never been able to

I remember back in 2008 or so Kobe came to MSG and dropped 60, the garden was cheering and in awe of the display

Lebron came in the night after and did something like 50/5/5 but everyone was booing him because his performance lacked the dramatic tension to connect with the audience.

it was 54/10/9 stop downgrading lebrons performance

Greg Oden 50
03-14-2013, 02:35 PM
LeBron is even more exciting to watch than Jordan.

He lacks of Graceful that MJ has :banana:
All Lebron's game is nothing more than Power,similar to Shaq

Greg Oden 50
03-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Durant doesn't run to the rim, he gets FTs by swinging his arms on the perimeter.

Durant can gets free throws anytime without any contacts :roll:

Greg Oden 50
03-14-2013, 02:40 PM

Irving is more exciting than LeBron ever been:rockon:

crisoner
03-14-2013, 02:42 PM
LeBron is great yes....the LeBron d*ck riding that has be going on on these boards...NO.

I.R.Beast
03-14-2013, 06:58 PM
LeBron James is a guy that just gets it done, but his game is not in the least bit exciting to watch...he lacks the grace and flash required to be exciting.

NLZ
03-14-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't tune into Miami games or old Cleveland games like I do for Kobe/Laker games, he's just not nearly as exciting as Kobe (overall). Most enjoy watching Kobe because they remind him of MJ, very similar in terms of their skillset. LBJ is skilled in his own right but it's just different... it's more so his body that allows him to do the things he does.

I also would much rather watch a prime Shaq or prime AI then LeBron.. most would be surprised by my AI choice... as Shaq/LeBron can be debatable. Honestly there's no definite most "exciting" player, it's all a matter of choice and/or opinion. I can totally understand someone watching LBJ play and think he's the most exciting currently or even all-time... he's that explosive.

Droid101
03-14-2013, 07:07 PM
LeBron is the opposite of exciting.

He's going to barrel into the lane with his brute strength and either toss in a layup, take contact and toss up a layup, or kick it out. Every time.

Rasheed1
03-14-2013, 07:16 PM

Enjoy!

that sh*t is totally absurd!!! :bowdown:

arifgokcen
03-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Enjoy!

You are right wade in his prime is one of the most exciting athletes we have ever seen.He was (in his prime) more exciting to watch then anybody.He is right up there with jordan in terms of excitement factor.Lebron as good as he is doesnt have that flashiness.What he has is unmatched athletic ability with karl malone body.Kobe had it but not like wade.

(Note to kobe fans.Please dont quote me i am a big kobe fan but i am not delusional.)

Some of the dunks he just explodes.He is 6'3.To be able to do the things that he does.He is probably the best shot blocker unlike lebron or jordan he used to block shots like a bigman.Jordan was a weakside blocker and so is james.

arifgokcen
03-14-2013, 07:56 PM

+11111111
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jameerthefear
03-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Heck no. Kobe was more fun to watch

Fudge
03-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Not even close. :oldlol: I don't even find him "exciting" as much as everybody else does. As dominant as he is, his game isn't really appealing to me. His aesthetics are a bit off.

Prime Kobe, Prime A.I., Prime T-Mac, all of these guys were way more exciting to watch.

Legends66NBA7
03-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Not even close. :oldlol: I don't even find him "exciting" as much as everybody else does. As dominant as he is, his game isn't really appealing to me. His aesthetics are a bit off.

Prime Kobe, Prime A.I., Prime T-Mac, all of these guys were way more exciting to watch.

Prime Wade and Carter too.

Burgz V2
03-14-2013, 08:42 PM
OP wants negs, everyone rep the s*** out of him :lol

tikay0
03-14-2013, 08:50 PM
LeBron's game is aesthetically unpleasant. From his jumper to his 'post game' - kinda painful to watch. More so when he is posting up. He just looks out of sorts down there. LeBron should stick with what he does best; bully-ball bulldozing people over. LeBron will never have Kobe Bryant fundamentals or fluidity.

http://nsa25.casimages.com/img/2011/01/28/110128111449498876.gif

http://nsa25.casimages.com/img/2011/01/28/110128110505727973.gif

:eek:

That is some of the most atrocious foot work, and post game I've ever seen.

You almost feel sorry for the guy, thinking he's as skilled as MJ and Kobe. :facepalm

Haymaker
03-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Lebron's game isn't pretty. What's attractive about his game is his game stats.

iDunk
03-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Kobe is more exciting to watch this season than LeBron.

tikay0
03-14-2013, 08:52 PM
any of you guys actually seen james live?

if you haven't then i suggest you should before you make your decision. he is insanely big and insanely fast....and can jump out the building....

and if you have and still think he is boring - well to each his own.

I love it when Lebron stans piggy back off the post before there's. :facepalm

tikay0
03-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Ask yourself this, if your not a Miami fan. Have you ever gone out of your way to watch a Miami game if it weren't on TNT or ESPN???

HELL NO!!! :roll:

Legends66NBA7
03-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Ask yourself this, if your not a Miami fan. Have you ever gone out of your way to watch a Miami game if it weren't on TNT or ESPN???

Off course.

They are still a dominant team and James/Wade passes to each other on the fast break is entertaining as hell.

In terms of exciting play, that's one of, if not the best things to watch in the league. Wade was more exciting than James when they were in their primes, so that's another reason a non-Heat fan would watch games even when they were mediocre.

arifgokcen
03-14-2013, 09:12 PM

HELL NO!!! :roll:
I am not a miami fan.I watch their games a lot assuming they are not very late.Here 7.00pm games is at 1.00am.As an outsider i can safely say at this point lebron is the most exciting player to watch(i would say rose but he isnt healthy so).

However watching courtside is entirely different experience

tikay0
03-14-2013, 09:22 PM
I am not a miami fan.I watch their games a lot assuming they are not very late.Here 7.00pm games is at 1.00am.As an outsider i can safely say at this point lebron is the most exciting player to watch(i would say rose but he isnt healthy so).

However watching courtside is entirely different experience

I red K'd you for lying.

tikay0
03-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Off course.

They are still a dominant team and James/Wade passes to each other on the fast break is entertaining as hell.

In terms of exciting play, that's one of, if not the best things to watch in the league. Wade was more exciting than James when they were in their primes, so that's another reason a non-Heat fan would watch games even when they were mediocre.

That happens maybe once a game? Lob city is 100x more exciting than the Heat. :facepalm

Jack ass.:facepalm

teddytwelvetoes
03-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Sucks that all LBJ does now dunk-wise is the one-handed tomahawk

KingBeasley08
03-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Yea, right now, the guy's my favorite to watch. He finishes his drives strong, has shot well, and his dunks are always a treat. Not to mention his passes are great

arifgokcen
03-14-2013, 09:30 PM
I red K'd you for lying.
Dude my time zone +2.

You dont need to believe me but why would i lie about something like this.Please think

What would i be gaining from lying to you in this very moment.

I have said many times before i am not american though i have been to america.

tikay0
03-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Dude my time zone +2.

You dont need to believe me but why would i lie about something like this.Please think

What would i be gaining from lying to you in this very moment.

I have said many times before i am not american though i have been to america.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1o82BVKFp8

You're Hulk Hogan, and another red K is coming for you, Nukka.

eurobum
03-14-2013, 09:35 PM
At this point there's no doubt Lebron, to me, is the most exciting player to watch in the league since Jordan. Kobe is a close second, though. But really, a healthy Derrick Rose outshines them both for me. Lebron's strength, in this discussion, is that he's become such a complete player that he does almost EVERYTHING at a high level making the whole experience exciting to watch, but the things Rose do well excite me more than watching Lebron. Also, Lebron dunks are nice, but he has like 2 or 3 in his repertoire. Like, really.

arifgokcen
03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1o82BVKFp8

You're Hulk Hogan, and another red K is coming for you, Nukka.
????????????????????????????????

tikay0
03-14-2013, 09:41 PM
????????????????????????????????

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1b6cgxjpK1qkp7kto1_500.jpg

arifgokcen
03-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Dude really how old are you?

I am guessing you are a teen.

Anyway no problem but nice attempt.

tikay0
03-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Dude really how old are you?

I am guessing you are a teen.

Anyway no problem but nice attempt.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--buQnPcqXcQ/TmuNoar4nlI/AAAAAAAACXA/KXpGtSFRloY/s1600/lebron-james-crying-cavs-nba-funny-photos.jpg

Patrick Chewing
03-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Lebron is indeed the best there is of this generation. High IQ, physical specimen. We are witness and will be for at least 6 or 7 more years.

Pointguard
03-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Off course.

Yeah, that's how I see it, Lebron is pretty basic to me. The dunks are great live - the power, the snap, the force doesn't translate that well for the TV. But the passing execution he and Wade is the best back and forth I can think of ever in the sport. Magic ran a show of beauty but it started with him and ended elsewhere. Jordan and Pippen on the break were just as unstoppable but nobody else was ever doing three man weave alley oops like Wade and Lebron, and they way above the rim. Their execution and timing makes any other two man game look simplistic. They both have the science down of how it gets done.

Its possible that history may look at them as the dynamic duo that took the game one step beyond individual play. The duo that merged their play so much so that you expect perfection on how they feed off of each other. When they fast break they rarely turn the ball over while giving the ball up much more than other two players. Its great team play, and as of now its organic and great to watch. They are the best scorer/passer/team players combo without question. They could be just two guys with a lot of the same strengths but instead - the ebb and flow.

FatComputerNerd
03-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Kyrie is the most exciting player to watch ATM

Maybe I think that just because I'm a Clevelander, but I think others would agree.

Isaiah Thomas V.2 FTW

Sucks he is injured again, but I still think the sky is the limit for him!

tmacattack33
03-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Yeah, that's how I see it, Lebron is pretty basic to me. The dunks are great live - the power, the snap, the force doesn't translate that well for the TV. But the passing execution he and Wade is the best back and forth I can think of ever in the sport. Magic ran a show of beauty but it started with him and ended elsewhere. Jordan and Pippen on the break were just as unstoppable but nobody else was ever doing three man weave alley oops like Wade and Lebron, and they way above the rim. Their execution and timing makes any other two man game look simplistic. They both have the science down of how it gets done.

Its possible that history may look at them as the dynamic duo that took the game one step beyond individual play. The duo that merged their play so much so that you expect perfection on how they feed off of each other. When they fast break they rarely turn the ball over while giving the ball up much more than other two players. Its great team play, and as of now its organic and great to watch. They are the best scorer/passer/team players combo without question. They could be just two guys with a lot of the same strengths but instead - the ebb and flow.

:applause:

:banana:

ZaaaaaH
03-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Yes, im sure thats all he does....

Some of you are so ignorant its just sad...

Talk about irony...

gengiskhan
03-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Lebron is indeed the best there is of this generation. High IQ, physical specimen. We are witness and will be for at least 6 or 7 more years.

Clearly the best player since 2008 in NBA. No 2nd thoughts about it.

Only down season stats wise was 2011 with first yr with MIA.

As a CAV & now as a HEAT.

4 Season MVPs is a testament to this.

2 & 2 with two different franchises.

Now collecting FMVPs too.

BuffaloBill
03-14-2013, 11:54 PM
LeBron is great yes....the LeBron d*ck riding that has be going on on these boards...NO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swz8t3I8mS8

ClutchOver9000
03-15-2013, 12:02 AM
As great as Lebron is, do some ppl actually find him "exciting"? :lol

ZaaaaaH
03-15-2013, 01:00 AM

Does Kobe not exist in your life?

G-Funk
03-15-2013, 01:15 AM
hold up, stop da press!!! Did someone say Lebron's post game is great!?!?:biggums:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/Qu3en06/2zFIx.gif

G-Funk
03-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Can't **** wit this!

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/kobe-slip-n-dunk-kobe-bryant-gifs.gif

The-Legend-24
03-15-2013, 01:33 AM
:oldlol: Great player, but this nigguh ain't exciting.

KingLeBronJames
03-15-2013, 01:50 AM
Not since Jordan. I'd say since Kobe.

Legends66NBA7
03-15-2013, 02:05 AM
That happens maybe once a game? Lob city is 100x more exciting than the Heat. :facepalm

Jack ass.:facepalm

It doesn't just happen once a game. And what if Lob City is more exciting than the Heat ? That's not the question. I would still watch the Heat, regardless.

What's the jackass comment for ? :confusedshrug:

Grow up.

tikay0
03-15-2013, 02:16 AM
Can't **** wit this!

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/kobe-slip-n-dunk-kobe-bryant-gifs.gif

:eek: That's some straight mamba shit.

I guess Durant and Westbrook didn't get the memo.

Simple Jack
03-15-2013, 02:29 AM
People don't like big blocks, hilarious-range three pointers, or ridiculous passes?

Moreso in Cleveland, but the fact that you were able to see shit like 16 points in 2 minutes, amongst that game against NY where he was raining threes from like 30 was absurd.

Pretty/finesse isn't the only way to be exciting.

Jyap9675
03-15-2013, 02:30 AM
I think Kyrie is the most exciting, he plays gracefully like Federer..

TheBigVeto
03-15-2013, 02:41 AM

http://oi53.tinypic.com/34rtwyh.jpg

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh600/Rodman2124/kobeclutch.gif

Greg Oden 50
03-15-2013, 03:33 AM

yes,he is upstoppable,but he lacks graceful,no way he can compare KObe,Irving,AI,T-Mac,Jordan in terms of graceful :banana:

Greg Oden 50
03-15-2013, 03:35 AM
People don't like big blocks, hilarious-range three pointers, or ridiculous passes?

Moreso in Cleveland, but the fact that you were able to see shit like 16 points in 2 minutes, amongst that game against NY where he was raining threes from like 30 was absurd.

Pretty/finesse isn't the only way to be exciting.

LeBron is boring to watch just like TD,Shaq :rockon:

L.A. Jazz
03-15-2013, 03:45 AM
He is not boring to watch because he is making the right decision most of the time. i like that, watching all those fools playing in the NBA.

on the other hand i think there were/ are more exciting players to watch, like Griffin, Rose, TMac, VC, Kobe, and others. he is great but your statement isnt true.

Patrick Chewing
03-15-2013, 03:51 AM
I hate Lebron as much as the next guy, but to say he is boring to watch is insane. Even if you get tired of his one move to the basket where he swats the defender out of the way and uses his speed and strength to get to the hole, he is still making amazing plays elsewhere. Watch his passing. Dude is making bounce passes cross court using his left. That's ridiculous. Not one of us here can do that.

Djsonny
03-15-2013, 04:19 AM
Theres been plenty of exciting players between Jordan and James. Iverson killed it for many years. Kobe still throwing it up. Not much guys can avg a whole season over 30ppg. Not to take away from James' game, but besides his freaky end ot end dunks, his half court game is nowhere near as exciting as the top two I mentioned.

senelcoolidge
03-15-2013, 04:50 AM
I don't know but I don't find Lebron exciting to watch. He's kind of stiff and mechanical. He holds the ball way too long. He's athletic, but not really graceful. He just doesn't have a pretty game. But he's the best player in the league right now.

d.bball.guy
03-15-2013, 04:59 AM
Certainly not the most but he's up there. It really just depends on the people that watch him. To me, he is one of the most exciting to watch.

diamenz
03-15-2013, 05:57 AM
just saw those gif's. man, lebron's post game makes the nba look bad.

detroitdogg
03-15-2013, 06:42 AM
At this point there's no doubt Lebron, to me, is the most exciting player to watch in the league since Jordan. Kobe is a close second, though. But really, a healthy Derrick Rose outshines them both for me. Lebron's strength, in this discussion, is that he's become such a complete player that he does almost EVERYTHING at a high level making the whole experience exciting to watch, but the things Rose do well excite me more than watching Lebron. Also, Lebron dunks are nice, but he has like 2 or 3 in his repertoire. Like, really.

Its just amazing how all these dudes can sit here and talk about Bron, Kobe, Jordan, and even bring up Derrick Rose before Wade. Do dudes want to completely ignore the fact that Wades highlight reel shits on the majority of all NBA players EVER with only MJ fasho, and possibly Kobe and Bron right there or above.

I mean, WTF, Wade has more exciting crossovers in 10 years than Kobe has in 16. He has more acrobatic layup highlights than Kobe and Bron does also (alot of Brons has both power and acrobatism). Kills Kobe on the blocks easily (Kobe has some exciting ones, but Wade has hundreds and hundreds more than Kobe). His dunks would be the worse category but he has banged on more ****** than Bron thru their careers (It seems like Bron does not even try to posterize ****** much) and still has a bunch of exciting ones. Wade has the spin cycle, the eurostep, the windmill layup, one of the best floaters, raw power and touch in the post, ect.

I simply find it amazing how dudes in this thread are trying to talk around Wade as if he has not led all NBA players in top 10 highlights thru the last decade (they showed it in 08, Kobe was #2, Bron#3, Amare #4 and Nash #5). You might be able to google that shit. Yall ****** are foolin with the forcing yourselves to ignore Wade. Shit is straight hilarious.

STATUTORY
03-15-2013, 07:38 AM
to summarize the board's collective answer to BigSmoke's question

is Lebron the most excciting player since Jordan?

NO. F@CK NO. HELL NO.

dude's game is so ugly and unrefined

diamenz
03-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Its just amazing how all these dudes can sit here and talk about Bron, Kobe, Jordan, and even bring up Derrick Rose before Wade. Do dudes want to completely ignore the fact that Wades highlight reel shits on the majority of all NBA players EVER with only MJ fasho, and possibly Kobe and Bron right there or above.

I mean, WTF, Wade has more exciting crossovers in 10 years than Kobe has in 16. He has more acrobatic layup highlights than Kobe and Bron does also (alot of Brons has both power and acrobatism). Kills Kobe on the blocks easily (Kobe has some exciting ones, but Wade has hundreds and hundreds more than Kobe). His dunks would be the worse category but he has banged on more ****** than Bron thru their careers (It seems like Bron does not even try to posterize ****** much) and still has a bunch of exciting ones. Wade has the spin cycle, the eurostep, the windmill layup, one of the best floaters, raw power and touch in the post, ect.

I simply find it amazing how dudes in this thread are trying to talk around Wade as if he has not led all NBA players in top 10 highlights thru the last decade (they showed it in 08, Kobe was #2, Bron#3, Amare #4 and Nash #5). You might be able to google that shit. Yall ****** are foolin with the forcing yourselves to ignore Wade. Shit is straight hilarious.

wade ur dad or somethin'?

Greg Oden 50
03-15-2013, 01:04 PM
I hate Lebron as much as the next guy, but to say he is boring to watch is insane. Even if you get tired of his one move to the basket where he swats the defender out of the way and uses his speed and strength to get to the hole, he is still making amazing plays elsewhere. Watch his passing. Dude is making bounce passes cross court using his left. That's ridiculous. Not one of us here can do that.

I'm more interested Bird & Magic's passing than LeBron ever been:rockon:

Greg Oden 50
03-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Certainly not the most but he's up there. It really just depends on the people that watch him. To me, he is one of the most exciting to watch.

he is up there ???? no way :banghead:
his game will never as graceful as Kobe or Jordan ever been,plain & simple

Lebron23
03-15-2013, 01:11 PM
he is up there ???? no way :banghead:
his game will never as graceful as Kobe or Jordan ever been,plain & simple

I think you need to wear some eye glasses or contact lenses. You are so lame.

tikay0
03-15-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm more interested Bird & Magic's passing than LeBron ever been:rockon:

Agree. :cheers:

scm5
03-15-2013, 01:15 PM
It's all preference...

Some people love Lebron's power dunks and incredible chase down blocks.

Some people love Kobe's footwork and aggressiveness/relentlessness.

Some people love Nash's creative passing.