03-14-2013, 02:25 AM
That one loss was from Miami. :eek:

RoundMoundOfReb
03-14-2013, 02:26 AM
Gay sucks that's why.

livinglegend
03-14-2013, 02:31 AM
That one loss was from Miami. :eek:
And they played a great game with great defense. It was a close one.

dbk123
03-14-2013, 02:41 AM
hollinger is gay

Lebron23
03-14-2013, 02:59 AM
Rudy Gay is an overpaid black hole. He's not even better than Prime Jamal Mashburn.

HorryIsMyMVP
03-14-2013, 03:01 AM
Tayshaun is a great team player. Loved him in Detroit. Glad to see him in a good situation.

Lebron23
03-14-2013, 03:20 AM
Gay is a F@ggot. Prince is a much better fit for the Grizzlies.

RoundMoundOfReb
03-14-2013, 03:25 AM
:lol :lol :lol :roll:

LilEddyCurry
03-14-2013, 03:42 AM
They should of traded Ellington and Speights though..

andremiller07
03-14-2013, 04:05 AM
How can there be any doubt that Marc Gasol is #1 C in the game the dude is unreal and forces NOTHING, everything comes within the flow amazing to watch what he did to the Clippers.

brandonislegend
03-14-2013, 04:32 AM
How can there be any doubt that Marc Gasol is #1 C in the game the dude is unreal and forces NOTHING, everything comes within the flow amazing to watch what he did to the Clippers.

Some of the passes he makes are :eek:

ukballer
03-14-2013, 04:50 AM
So many people sleeping on this team. They probably like it this way too. If I was in their shoes, I'd be happy to give Miami/LA etc the headlines.

I<3NBA
03-14-2013, 05:01 AM
Gay is a F@ggot.
:biggums:

All f@ggots are Gay.

:yaohappy:

andremiller07
03-14-2013, 05:05 AM
Some of the passes he makes are :eek:
Indeed the guys all around package is just to much for any other centre atm. A point centre who can pass/defend/shoot free throws at an elite level and most people I bet don't have have have top 5.

All Net
03-14-2013, 06:11 AM
They havnt missed a beat.. But saying that they were very good without him before when he got hurt...

Clifton
03-14-2013, 07:46 AM
Addition by subtraction...

I'd like to see all these empty numbers people like Rondo and Gay on a team together. Just to see what would happen. Would they manage a negative win total for the season somehow? Ball-dominant PG who jaws with his teammates and can only score like twelve points a game; ball-dominant SF who puts up barely 20 per on midrange fadeaways who isn't good at handling the ball, driving, passing, or defense. Who else would fill this roster out? Has anyone heard from Josh Howard lately? But at least Howard never pretended to want any part of the ball after the first half...

andremiller07
03-14-2013, 08:23 AM
They havnt missed a beat.. But saying that they were very good without him before when he got hurt...

Don't forget about Qunicy Pondexter he was a MASSIVE loss off the bench hes the glue to that bench cause of his energy, defense and ability to just about always hit a shot when it matters.

DMAVS41
03-14-2013, 08:29 AM
I think the Gay thing kind of proves that you don't want a "star" (quotes for emphasis on whether or not Gay is a star) when that star can't be the best player on a title winning team.

Gay is simply not good enough to lead a team to a title as the best player. Therefore you don't want him on your team given his style of play. Same with Carmelo. Knicks would be better by trading him for a couple nice pieces because not Carmelo led team will ever win the title in my opinion.

So it's either get rid of them...or make them number 2 guys, but the problem is that Gay and Carmelo play a style that make it difficult for them to be effective playing a secondary role on a team.

Carmelo is obviously better than Gay, and he is a very good late game player, but I just don't think either guy can be the number 1 on a champion.

andremiller07
03-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Carmelo is obviously better than Gay, and he is a very good late game player, but I just don't think either guy can be the number 1 on a champion.

There is literally only like 2-5 players at one time in the NBA who can be the #1 on a championship team tho so I'm not sure trading away a guy for pieces is always the right thing to do but I do get your point.

Bandito
03-14-2013, 08:59 AM
I think the Gay thing kind of proves that you don't want a "star" (quotes for emphasis on whether or not Gay is a star) when that star can't be the best player on a title winning team.

Gay is simply not good enough to lead a team to a title as the best player. Therefore you don't want him on your team given his style of play. Same with Carmelo. Knicks would be better by trading him for a couple nice pieces because not Carmelo led team will ever win the title in my opinion.

So it's either get rid of them...or make them number 2 guys, but the problem is that Gay and Carmelo play a style that make it difficult for them to be effective playing a secondary role on a team.

Carmelo is obviously better than Gay, and he is a very good late game player, but I just don't think either guy can be the number 1 on a champion. I don't think Carmelo is a number one option either, he's one of those players that are good at what they do and that's it. He needs a good pg in order to be effective in a team because he can't be one.

SilkkTheShocker
03-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Rudy Gay is an overpaid black hole. He's not even better than Prime Jamal Mashburn.

English motherf.ucker, do you speak it?

DMAVS41
03-14-2013, 09:34 AM
There is literally only like 2-5 players at one time in the NBA who can be the #1 on a championship team tho so I'm not sure trading away a guy for pieces is always the right thing to do but I do get your point.

I agree, so you have two choices if you want to win the title. Either get one of those championship number 1 guys to pair with a player like Gay (and hope he can play a secondary role)...which seems unlikely

Or...trade that player that we know can't be the best player and hope to create something like the 04 and 05 Pistons. Which is exactly what Hollinger/Grizzlies are trying to do (hence the Prince move)

Winning a title is really hard....hardest league in all of sports to win the title is the NBA.

Clifton
03-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Agreed.

I'm very wary of "stars." I don't believe in them... but of course, in the last 30 years, all but like 2 or 3 title-winning teams have had a top 3 player on them. So it's clear that superstars really help... but just stars? Not so much.

plowking
03-14-2013, 11:15 AM
I actually thought Gay was what gave them the edge over us. He always seemed to do well against Lebron, and the rest of the Grizzlies were too physical and did a good job containing the rest of our players. Rudy always seemed to go off on Lebron.

DMAVS41
03-14-2013, 11:21 AM
I actually thought Gay was what gave them the edge over us. He always seemed to do well against Lebron, and the rest of the Grizzlies were too physical and did a good job containing the rest of our players. Rudy always seemed to go off on Lebron.

In any one game or even a small sample, Gay could go off and be great...but over the course of a season...or more specifically a playoff run...he won't be consistently good enough to play such a prominent role on a championship team given his style of play.

Whoah10115
03-14-2013, 11:30 AM
In any one game or even a small sample, Gay could go off and be great...but over the course of a season...or more specifically a playoff run...he won't be consistently good enough to play such a prominent role on a championship team given his style of play.

Sure he will. You need a PG to hold him, which Conley does not. Lowry can. And his game was too forced to work with a flowing a big man duo like they have in Memphis.

SilkkTheShocker
03-14-2013, 11:36 AM
There is no doubt in my mind the Grizzlies will lose in the 1st round. Karma for being such a cheap franchise

KwameBrown
03-14-2013, 11:38 AM
The difference between Gay and Prince is astonishing. Their play styles are almost total opposites. Gay's favorite thing to do was catch the ball, dribble outside the three point line and then force a drive or pull up. Tayshaun actually works for post position or swings the ball around to facilitate the offense. Gay was just a huge black hole with no BBIQ.

It's crazy how perfectly Prince fits the Grizzly's methodical style. He has also shown no hesitation in assuming the go to guy role late in the game.

TaLvsCuaL
03-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Marc Gasol is getting some credit but He deserves even more. The guy is a beast, one of the best if not the best defender at center position, best passer by far, amazing low post, soft hands, one of the best mid range jumper, leadership, and all this without forcing anything, and being altruistic. He is the ultimate team player.

Droid101
03-14-2013, 12:45 PM
First team All NBA is pretty much locked up then, yeah?

Paul
Bryant
Durant
James
M. Gasol

Right?

NugzFan
03-14-2013, 12:46 PM
so this is how you win 10 in a row and not go up a single seed!

props to memphis

Droid101
03-14-2013, 12:51 PM
so this is how you win 10 in a row and not go up a single seed!

props to memphis
The Clippers are trying to help you out, don't worry. :lol

Also, winning those 10 in a row keeps you out of all the "ZOMG LOSE SO THE LAKERS CAN CATCH YOU" threads.

andremiller07
03-14-2013, 12:54 PM
First team All NBA is pretty much locked up then, yeah?

Paul
Bryant
Durant
James
M. Gasol

Right?

Pretty much

NugzFan
03-14-2013, 12:54 PM
The Clippers are trying to help you out, don't worry. :lol

Also, winning those 10 in a row keeps you out of all the "ZOMG LOSE SO THE LAKERS CAN CATCH YOU" threads.

:oldlol: so true. i hate those.

if you had told me before the season that we would be this far ahead of the lakers by march no way i believe you.

jlip
03-14-2013, 12:59 PM
With the Gay vs Prince issue, it's more about what has been said earlier in the thread. Prince is a better fit for how the Grizzlies are built. The Grizzlies are somewhat like the '04 Pistons in that they are a hard working, defensive, grind it out team with no true scoring star (i.e. 20+ppg ball stopper). Prince fits this system better than Gay.

GoldNugg21
03-14-2013, 01:12 PM
These guys just won't lose. Competition hasn't been much over this stretch (last night notwithstanding), but regardless it's impressive to go out and beat teams every night. Friday will be interesting, to say the least - I think Denver matches up great with Memphis, but it's yet to be seen how the matchup plays out with Prince instead of Gay.

Still, the Nuggets biggest defensive weakness is against the 3, something the Grizz still struggle with. And teams that attempt to bog the Nuggets down have had no luck against the Nuggets this year - this team can play that style and still be ready to pounce when opportunities arise (want proof? Denver is 5-1 against Indiana, Chicago, and Memphis this year, with the 1 loss coming on the 4th game in 5 nights in Memphis. Those are the 3 teams who combine the slowest pace with the best defensive efficiency, the supposed cryptonite to the Nuggets playstyle. Add in 1-1 against Boston if you want, with the loss in triple OT in Boston).

We shall see.

RoundMoundOfReb
03-14-2013, 01:14 PM
There is no doubt in my mind the Grizzlies will lose in the 1st round. Karma for being such a cheap franchise
Knicks vs Grizzlies 7 game series - who wins according to you? Will rep for funny response.

Haymaker
03-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Tayshaun is a great team player. Loved him in Detroit. Glad to see him in a good situation. Me too. :cheers: repped

gasolina
03-14-2013, 02:24 PM
With the Gay vs Prince issue, it's more about what has been said earlier in the thread. Prince is a better fit for how the Grizzlies are built. The Grizzlies are somewhat like the '04 Pistons in that they are a hard working, defensive, grind it out team with no true scoring star (i.e. 20+ppg ball stopper). Prince fits this system better than Gay.
Interesting thought.

If that's the case, then was Dumars right in not picking Carmelo? Prince was perfect for Detroit.

(keep in mind the question is not about picking Darko, everyone knows that's a gigantic **** up. It's whether picking Carmelo would've ruined the Piston's chemistry and play style as LB would've had to play Melo heavy minutes)

Whoah10115
03-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Interesting thought.

If that's the case, then was Dumars right in not picking Carmelo? Prince was perfect for Detroit.

(keep in mind the question is not about picking Darko, everyone knows that's a gigantic **** up. It's whether picking Carmelo would've ruined the Piston's chemistry and play style as LB would've had to play Melo heavy minutes)

He was always right to pick Carmelo. The idea of Darko was a good fit...but the right move would probably have been Chris Bosh.

tmacattack33
03-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Only loss?

To the Miami Heatles.

:applause:

b1imtf
03-14-2013, 05:30 PM
No shit

tmacattack33
03-14-2013, 06:12 PM
No shit

:oldlol:

Nezty
03-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Tayshaun is a great team player. Loved him in Detroit. Glad to see him in a good situation.

This, I like the Pistons, but they haven't been relevant in a few years now. Would've liked to see him in the Celtics though. Prince fits in that team.

TyLawson3
03-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Real question is.. Memphis or Denver? Can't wait till tomorrow's game... should be a good one with 2 of the 3 hottest teams in the NBA.

sick_brah07
03-14-2013, 09:06 PM
hollinger is gay

Hahahahahahahaha

alenleomessi
03-15-2013, 06:42 AM
theyll get their ass kicked by the clips again in the playoffs

SacJB Shady
03-15-2013, 06:52 AM
It's not fair that the Grizzlies won so many games when they were supposed to regress. Losing Gay was supposed to really hurt them and they couldn't be playing any better. I hate this new Trend. This makes me think that the Lakers will win every game if Kobe is out. Like Rondo. I hate this new trend. the opposite of what is supposed to occur instead transpires.

Mr. NBA
03-15-2013, 10:25 AM
It's not fair that the Grizzlies won so many games when they were supposed to regress. Losing Gay was supposed to really hurt them and they couldn't be playing any better. I hate this new Trend. This makes me think that the Lakers will win every game if Kobe is out. Like Rondo. I hate this new trend. the opposite of what is supposed to occur instead transpires.
Uh why do you hate team chemistry? If GSW didn't have good chemistry, they would be the similar to the Kings or something. And its not a new trend, finding system players that fit are far more important than relying on one player. When Ellis was traded GSW got better, same with Memphis. Rondo and Rose are injured, their teams are coached well enough to compensate for the loss. Spurs lose their players every now and than, they still win. Good teams find a way to win, we will see if Lakers play with any urgency now that Kobe is injured.

SpecialQue
03-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Uh why do you hate team chemistry? If GSW didn't have good chemistry, they would be the similar to the Kings or something. And its not a new trend, finding system players that fit are far more important than relying on one player. When Ellis was traded GSW got better, same with Memphis. Rondo and Rose are injured, their teams are coached well enough to compensate for the loss. Spurs lose their players every now and than, they still win. Good teams find a way to win, we will see if Lakers play with any urgency now that Kobe is injured.

You gave a much more thoughtful response than his shitty post deserved.

EDIT: damn typo

Gotterdammerung
03-15-2013, 11:32 AM
You gave a much more thoughtful response than his shitty posted deserved.

Actually, the response is for other people (lurkers, other posters in this thread), not necessarily for the phony GSW fan. :no:

gasolina
03-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Really happy how we grit'n'grinded our way on that win vs. the Clipps. Granted they were w/o Bledsoe and Butler (Imagine the full page rant CF86 would've had) but we were also missing Arthur.

Last season we couldn't grit'n'grind them out and Evans and Martin really gave Zbo fits. Zbo was hurt, but the Nets game showed that Evans does play him well.

Odom guarding Zbo or Gasol? :rockon:

SpecialQue
03-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Really happy how we grit'n'grinded our way on that win vs. the Clipps. Granted they were w/o Bledsoe and Butler (Imagine the full page rant CF86 would've had) but we were also missing Arthur.

Last season we couldn't grit'n'grind them out and Evans and Martin really gave Zbo fits. Zbo was hurt, but the Nets game showed that Evans does play him well.

You've obviously seen more of their games than I have, so I have to ask: do you think they would have won more games this year if the Gay trade was done at the beginning of the season?

Fiasco
03-15-2013, 02:14 PM

Watching Odom trying to front Randolph was so painful...

Griffin, on the other hand, was actually doing an excellent job guarding both.

Mr. NBA
03-15-2013, 03:46 PM
You've obviously seen more of their games than I have, so I have to ask: do you think they would have won more games this year if the Gay trade was done at the beginning of the season?
I have watch all but maybe 2 games. Honestly, Rudy was playing amazing the first month or so despite his shooting woes. We started the season 8-1 than after than we went on a stretch of playing almost 500 ball for a little while. I contributed the problems to all those trade rumors at the time. I know our record would be much better if we didnt have those problems because it clearly bothered everyone.

Now to answer your question, I think the team record would be pretty similar. We are taking advantage of weaker teams this past month while in the beginning of the year we played contenders pretty often. In those games Rudy abused his defenders in the post, and D'd up the likes of Lebron, Durant, Melo in a one week stretch. We went away from Rudy as our main offense when Zbo went off for a 38 and 20 game against Phoenix. After that, the offense became post centric offense to Zbo and we started to stumble during that time as well.

gasolina
03-15-2013, 03:47 PM
I actually see them having a lower record if they got Prince at the beginning of the season. The grizz had that run of wins at the start of the season where they beat almost everyone. Rudy Gay was playing fantastic then.

Of course, Pondexter got hurt and Rudy started shooting bad and trade rumors started. There were a bunch of games where Marc Gasol wasn't doing anything too.

I think with Prince coming in same time as Pondexter getting healthywoke up the Grizz.

This might be a little anti-Hollins, but if he got Prince in the offseason, he would've tried to feature his offense a lot more than it needs to be. Getting Prince midseason forced him to keep things simple and runs zero plays for him apart from mismatch post ups.

Mr. NBA
03-15-2013, 04:01 PM
I actually see them having a lower record if they got Prince at the beginning of the season. The grizz had that run of wins at the start of the season where they beat almost everyone. Rudy Gay was playing fantastic then.

Of course, Pondexter got hurt and Rudy started shooting bad and trade rumors started. There were a bunch of games where Marc Gasol wasn't doing anything too.

I think with Prince coming in same time as Pondexter getting healthywoke up the Grizz.

This might be a little anti-Hollins, but if he got Prince in the offseason, he would've tried to feature his offense a lot more than it needs to be. Getting Prince midseason forced him to keep things simple and runs zero plays for him apart from mismatch post ups.
Lol we said the same thing within a minute of each other.