PDA

View Full Version : The Kobe/Jones contact is 100% created by Kobe's leg-kick

Grey Dawn
03-14-2013, 11:26 AM
All you have to do is watch the video.

On the play, Kobe kicks his right leg out to create space when shooting (an offensive foul, something refs are not tolerating this year, the jump shot leg kick).

Doing this twists his body and leads to landing with a lot of weight and landing while turning on his left foot. (left himself vulnurable).

And all Jones was doing was trying to fight through the leg kick, not letting Kobe get that extra space he was trying to create by doing it. The space where Kobe's leg is (which Jones pushes into) is the defender's space, not the shooter's.

Truthful analysis. Get mad all you want.

Whoah10115
03-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Jones walked right thru the shot. That's the end of the discussion.

Grey Dawn
03-14-2013, 11:30 AM
Watch 1:01-1:03 in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2kRFYW3k-M

LEG KICK.

Jones pushes into the leg kick and they get tangled.

Grey Dawn

He walked right through the kicked out leg.

gengiskhan

but he didnt run into kobe.

but he didnt even touch kobe.

but it wasnt a dirty play.

Kobe took the risk & paid for it.

end of discussion.

Grey Dawn
03-14-2013, 11:33 AM

end of discussion.

You're right, it was a dirty play by Kobe.

CP3MVP
03-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Huh? Jones' foot would've been underneath Kobe's left leg during his landing whether or not he kicks out that right leg.

But I doubt Jones did it maliciously.

lefthook00
03-14-2013, 11:46 AM
It's been done a thousand times to Kobe and other shooters. Sometimes the shooter falls, most times he doesn't, sometimes a foul gets called, most times it doesn't. Kobe happened to roll his ankle this time, that's all.

chips93
03-14-2013, 11:47 AM
He walked right through the kicked out leg.

and ended up beneath where kobe was gonna land.

you have to let the shooter land.

ZaaaaaH
03-14-2013, 11:58 AM

end of discussion.

Your a Sad Sad man. :facepalm

ripthekik
03-14-2013, 12:00 PM
op never played bball.

Deuce Bigalow
03-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Have you ever played basketball before? :oldlol: Go outside, and shoot a fadeaway.

diamenz
03-14-2013, 12:13 PM
^i'm with these two. both mj and kobe would kick out after a fadeaway as you relax the lower body to focus on ur shot - it's just natural bodily fluids. er, movement.

now that i'm thinking about it, it's amazing how far back the pros can fade without injuring themselves more. some mad conditioning going on. mj had that baseline fade on LOCK. it was obvious he practiced that shot more than others.

el gringos
03-14-2013, 12:18 PM
It's been done a thousand times to Kobe and other shooters. Sometimes the shooter falls, most times he doesn't, sometimes a foul gets called, most times it doesn't. Kobe happened to roll his ankle this time, that's all.
Do you mean done a 1000 times by Kobe? Nobody has hurt more players by stepping under a shooter than Kobe. It's as simple as karma- you are a cheap shot, your move will work against you someday

daily
03-14-2013, 12:40 PM
If Kobe had gone straight up you could say it's incidental. The fact Kobe is fading away and Jones still ended up underneath him shows it's clearly not just incidental. Defenders have to leave room for the shooter to land.

Secondly this isn't the first time Jones has gone after Kobe, he's tripped him on purpose and pushed him from behind while going in for a layup.

Droid101
03-14-2013, 12:41 PM
My god, kill this thread now.

Levity
03-14-2013, 12:47 PM
imagine if people shot fadeaways as if they were jumping backwards on a pogostick. Thats pretty much what the OP is saying fadeaways should be like. Thus proving hes never shot a basketball. It's simple body mechanics.

MaxFly
03-14-2013, 12:53 PM

On the play, Kobe kicks his right leg out to create space when shooting (an offensive foul, something refs are not tolerating this year, the jump shot leg kick).

Doing this twists his body and leads to landing with a lot of weight and landing while turning on his left foot. (left himself vulnurable).

And all Jones was doing was trying to fight through the leg kick, not letting Kobe get that extra space he was trying to create by doing it. The space where Kobe's leg is (which Jones pushes into) is the defender's space, not the shooter's.

Do you play basketball? If you do, I'd love to meet up with you and play a couple of games. Every time you take a shot, I'm going to make sure my feet are where you need to land. Let's see how many times I can do that without you wanting to physically attack me.

I don't necessarily believe that Jones did this on purpose, but the mechanics of how this unfolded can't be disputed. Leg kick or no leg kick, Bryant was fading away from Jones, yet somehow Jones still managed to get underneath him... how is that Bryant's fault?

DKLaker
03-14-2013, 01:26 PM
op never played bball.

That is it, the op is a dumbass who never played basketball, it was very clear that he walked under Kobe, continuing forward after the ball was gone, there is no reason to do this unless you are trying to hurt someone, it was definitely a dirty play and Jones should be suspended.

imnew09
03-14-2013, 01:28 PM
OT is from Toronto...basketball? can I eat it?

HardwoodLegend
03-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Jones didn't even go for the ball, he just walked right under Bryant.

Dubs510
03-14-2013, 01:54 PM
:roll: :roll: are you serious? you can clearly see jones looking at the ground to see where to put his foot

rs98762001
03-14-2013, 01:54 PM
I think now the Kobe haters on this board have officially become stupider and more blind than the Kobe fans. Which is quite an amazing accomplishment if you think about it.

9erempiree
03-14-2013, 01:55 PM
I think now the Kobe haters on this board have officially become stupider and more blind than the Kobe fans. Which is quite an amazing accomplishment if you think about it.

Fans are always going to congratulate and admire his accomplishments. The accolades are there and they are facts.

Haters are reaching and trying to put Kobe down when in fact, the evidence and accomplishments are in the books.

It's much more pathetic hating on a guy that has done it all compared to fans just admiring his accomplishments.

dynasty1978
03-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Watch a compilation of fadeways by Kobe (and Jordan for that matter) and you'll see the right leg extend as part of the move. It's not to draw contact but to get square/balance on the shot.

They've done it hundreds of times and manage to land on their feet because the defender is playing the shot attempt, not trying to take out the legs.

If what Jones did was legit, wouldn't it stand to reason that these type of shots would result in turned ankles with higher frequency? If you've played ball at any level, then you know d*mn well how to cleanly defend a fadeaway (e.g, contesting the release) vs. locking legs.

:facepalm

crisoner
03-14-2013, 02:23 PM

This...OP is a moron

TOUCH MY BODY
03-14-2013, 02:38 PM
OP and gengiskhan are definitely brothers.

MaxFly
03-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Has no one attempted a fade away before?:biggums:

Here is Jordan teaching viewers how to do a fade away. Notice the positioning of his legs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F3Eq3ehALUI#!

gengiskhan
03-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Has no one attempted a fade away before?:biggums:

Here is Jordan teaching viewers how to do a fade away. Notice the positioning of his legs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F3Eq3ehALUI#!

send this video to Kobe so that he can watch and learn at 34 yrs of age.

Kobe fadeaway SUCKS!

Missed an open baseline fadeaway.

ChokeBE for life.

imnew09
03-14-2013, 03:31 PM

Kobe fadeaway SUCKS!

ChokeBE for life.

I doubt you watched the video, in that video, MJ only made 1...

Oh it's gengiskhan, no wonder.

SilkkTheShocker
03-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Looked like a clean play to me.

Rasheed1
03-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Kobe needs to put his big boy pants on

MaxFly
03-14-2013, 06:10 PM

Kobe fadeaway SUCKS!

ChokeBE for life.

Lol, Jordan missed most of those shots, and there was no one guarding him. You didn't watch the video, did you?

What was Jordan doing with his legs. Did any of his legs "kick out?"

3peated
03-14-2013, 06:13 PM

kobe's "leg kick" (fade away jumper) pulled jones underneath him?

Rolando
03-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Fueck you OP and anybody who agrees with you. That was a dirty play.

vegasbigshots
03-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Watch the video and it was a clear foul and looks like a malicious play. His foot was planted and he slid underneath.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc456/vegasbigshots/kob1_zps61e8c5cd.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc456/vegasbigshots/kob2_zps18b95eea.jpg

Levity
03-14-2013, 06:30 PM
kobe's "leg kick" (fade away jumper) pulled jones underneath him?

haha ye kobe has an sun-like gravitational pull.

vegasbigshots
03-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Fueck you OP and anybody who agrees with you. That was a dirty play.

Agreed. Some need to GIF this shyte... with him sliding underneath and not jumping with Kobe.

miller-time
03-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Jones didn't even go for the ball, he just walked right under Bryant.

He was going for a hand in the face.

I don't think he was intentionally trying to hurt Kobe, but he probably was too aggressive in his positioning. He did go under, but Kobe's injury was accidental.

KingLeBronJames
03-15-2013, 01:49 AM

Stupid post. Everybody who shoots the fade away kick their leg out. It's natural. Have you ever played basketball? You try the fade.

talkingconch
03-15-2013, 01:55 AM
Can't shoot a fadeway without legs sticking like that, close thread pls.

TheBigVeto
03-15-2013, 02:21 AM

:applause: The Honest Truth.

White Mamba
03-15-2013, 03:14 AM
If Kobe had gone straight up you could say it's incidental. The fact Kobe is fading away and Jones still ended up underneath him shows it's clearly not just incidental. Defenders have to leave room for the shooter to land.

Secondly this isn't the first time Jones has gone after Kobe, he's tripped him on purpose and pushed him from behind while going in for a layup.

thread.

DetroitPistonFan
03-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Looked like a clean play to me.
walking under him isn't a clean play.

DetroitPistonFan
03-15-2013, 03:17 AM
:applause: The Honest Truth.
There is not truth to his comment. Watch again.

d.bball.guy
03-15-2013, 03:22 AM
How could you do a fadeaway and still land on the defender? It's obvious that Jones went under Kobe, causing him to land on Jones' leg, with or without the intentions of injuring him.

coin24
03-15-2013, 03:34 AM
Grey dawn, big veto, gengiskhan, silkthef@ggot....

Pretty sure they're all the same person, living in his mums basement at his nerd station all day. Prob surrounded by Lebron posters fapping in his mums underwear...
Agreeing with himself over and over in the thread...
Laces out:oldlol:

DDensity
03-15-2013, 03:46 AM
Not going to repeat what's already been said but will add that Kobe isn't generally one to complain about any hard shots or abuse. He likes to think of himself as an old school player (80s style), where rough was part of the game. This is the first time I've ever heard him express anger about someone trying to hurt him. Mind you, this is a guy who often takes a beating and chalks it up to good basketball.

Was Jones trying to hurt him? No one knows except Jones. However, it's obvious he walked into Kobe on that shot. Whether it was a matter of just being overly aggressive while attempting to defend what could have been a game-tying basket (don't forget that fact) or an intent to harm is impossible to say for sure.

Lastly, Kobe shoots these fadeaways nonstop, both in games and practice. It's not like he regularly rolls his ankle in either situation. The injury was absolutely a result of having no place to cleanly land.

Djsonny
03-15-2013, 03:48 AM
Really not a Kobe fan but that is clearly a foul. This was a dumb gamble on Jones defense. If the game is on the line and you have a shooter going up for a shot block you undercut them. You risk giving them an And1. Most likely would happen since it was kobe, which makes it so surprising he didnt get the star treatment. He just happens to get a missed call. Kobe said the nba needs to protect the shooters and he does have a point but the nba has this rule, they just missed the call, i dont think it was to hurt him, just too aggressive on d

Cali Syndicate
03-15-2013, 05:02 AM
Hey op, do you even basketball?

Kobe has always been kicking his leg out with his fades. Contorting and twisting his body while landing on one foot also comes with the territory and has been common place with Kobe throughout his career.

Answer me this, Throughout his 17 year career, and all the countless fadeaways Kobe shot, how many resulted in a twisted ankle? In fact, How many fadeaways in general counting every nba player in the history of the game has resulted in a rolled ankle?

Now count how many times a player has injured his ankle from a jumper because a defender slid under them? There's a correlation here and hopefully you're smart enough to understand it.

But, id like to know How you shoot fadeaways? Do you stick your toes straight down or touch your heels to your ass? Splits? I bet you don't even jump huh? You just lean back? Sounds about right.

Just2McFly
03-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Have you ever played basketball before? :oldlol: Go outside, and shoot a fadeaway.
Op must not be human

I<3NBA
03-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Kobe:

i'm an 80s baby. i love rough plays. Lebron complaining i arm-barred him? pffft. deal with the 80s f@ggot.

STATUTORY
03-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Kobe:

i'm an 80s baby. i love rough plays. Lebron complaining i arm-barred him? pffft. deal with the 80s f@ggot.
:facepalm @ this fakkit not understanding the difference between physical play and a dangerous one with intent to cause injury

willds09
03-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Yup Kobe was right d.jones def Jalen rosed him:no:

wakencdukest
03-15-2013, 11:40 AM

Enough is enough. You're a dipshit. When players are driving and pull up for a fadeaway it's common for them to kick out the leg. It's a natural motion, seen it a million times. That said, It's IRRELEVENT. It doesn't matter what Kobe did, you can't step under a player when they're in the air. You have to give them room to come down, and Jones stepped about as far under Kobe as I have ever seen in that situation. He had no chance to even bother the shot once Kobe was in the air. He should have backed off.

magicmanfan
03-15-2013, 11:44 AM

You are ##$^%#$ blind!!!!!!!!!! He steps under him bigtime....

Kobe is even falling away from him and he makes a huge step forward
to get under him.....

Jones is a dirty player with a history of dirty plays and cheap shots.

BlueandGold
03-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Don't worry about the OP, for alas he is a f4gg0t.

Stuckey
03-15-2013, 12:18 PM
if someone walked into my jumpshot, it's almost guaranteed I'm gonna twist an ankle

I'd be pissed too

tomtucker
03-15-2013, 12:59 PM
now jones is doing phone interwiew with ESPN...he called them up himself................n!gga scared that some hardcore laker fans will shoot him.........:oldlol: ............

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9055996/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-game-time-decision-ankle-injury

NumberSix
03-15-2013, 01:24 PM
After looking at it a few times, it looks to me like Jones did it on purpose.