PDA

View Full Version : NBA admits that Kobe was fouled

TheMarkMadsen
03-14-2013, 05:31 PM
per ESPN

http://www.nba.com/official/

where you at haters?

how much should Kobe be fined when the NBA agrees with him?

Disrespecting the refs saying that was a foul and should have been called. I like how he changed it too, took out the word foul from the tweet and says it should have been "called". :oldlol:

It should be a big fine. This needs to stop.

:facepalm

White Mamba
03-14-2013, 05:33 PM
why is this even a Q?

the rule is very clear, of course its a foul. there are rules about this.

brandonislegend
Idk why people need this to happen if you have ever played basketball past middle school you know that is a foul

Hoiids
A foul doesn't mean it was a dirty play.

He still disrespected officials, which is what the NBA doesn't want to happen.

Probably won't get fined, but still shouldn't have said what he said.

TheMarkMadsen
03-14-2013, 05:35 PM
A foul doesn't mean it was a dirty play.

He still disrespected officials, which is what the NBA doesn't want to happen.

Probably won't get fined, but still shouldn't have said what he said.

he said it was a foul and that the refs need to protect shooters..

and the NBA agrees :confusedshrug:

Replay32
03-14-2013, 05:40 PM
It was a foul. But the refs usually swallow their whistle at the end of games.

Levity
03-14-2013, 05:46 PM
whether the act was malicious or not, never crossed my mind. What i couldn't understand was how so many posters tried so hard to say it wasnt a foul and even went as far to blame it on kobe. The thought process of haters is perplexing.

imnew09
03-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Only haters/retards say it wasn't a foul.

ISH is getting pretty bad with the high amount of stupidity.

Kobe 4 The Win
03-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Just confirming what anyone with two eyes could see. Only guys that have a personal agenda against Kobe would refute this.

NBASTATMAN
03-14-2013, 05:49 PM
It was a foul. But the refs usually swallow their whistle at the end of games.

THIS.

I think it was a dirty play cuz Jones has gone after Kobe before and that should be looked into. The refs usually don't call that foul at the end of a game. Especially since he didn't hit him while taking the shot.

tazb
03-14-2013, 05:51 PM
They should look at it one more time, the first foul was committed by Kobe on his leg kick.

Levity
03-14-2013, 05:52 PM
They should look at it one more time, the first foul was committed by Kobe on his leg kick.

Im sure they looked at it a few times before coming to a decision.

imnew09
03-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Im sure they looked at it a few times before coming to a decision.

Nah, we should agree with salty virgin tazb, a bandwagon who trolls/hates all day behind his computer because his knowledge to the game is potato :bowdown:

No Evans!
03-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Did the NBA also acknowledge Dwight's mauling of Ivan Johnson?

tmacattack33
03-14-2013, 05:57 PM
why is this even a Q?

the rule is very clear, of course its a foul. there are rules about this.

Uhh, players and coaches still get fined for complainingg about fouls, regardless of whether or not they were right.

funnystuff
Who cares? Either way its a loss.

ripthekik
I think it's great. Just make a list of everyone who said it's wasn't a foul/ Kobe was acting/ etc in the last 2 days, then we get our mini-list of Kobe haters:lol

their credibility from now on is absolutely trash.

alleykat
03-14-2013, 05:58 PM
It was a foul....I've been injured in the exact same manner...it can be career threatening following through like that..

Legends66NBA7
03-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Who cares? Either way its a loss.

Because Kobe could have drained the free throws and they would have gone to OT and probably changed the outcome to a win.

:confusedshrug:

funnystuff
03-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Because Kobe could have drained the free throws and they would have gone to OT and probably changed the outcome to a win.

NO.

Deuce Bigalow
03-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Do you even ball bro?

SacJB Shady
03-14-2013, 06:05 PM
On knbr rod brooks said with Kobe shooting in a tight game u got to do anything possible except hit him in the face

MaxFly
03-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Posters often ask why the Mods don't close/delete certain threads, and incidents like these are exactly why. Now you have something to crow about and you know exactly which posters to single out. Should be great ammunition for certain posters moving forward.

You're welcome.

Droid101
03-14-2013, 06:08 PM

Technically, Kobe would have shot the free throws then probably left the game.

Legends66NBA7
03-14-2013, 06:09 PM
NO.

It's possible... just using scenarios.

Technically, Kobe would have shot the free throws then probably left the game.

That too. But the Lakers could have had the chance to win.

SilkkTheShocker
03-14-2013, 06:09 PM
All this whining and they still lost the game.

funnystuff
03-14-2013, 06:11 PM
It's possible... just using scenarios.

:cheers:

MaxFly
03-14-2013, 06:16 PM

Which can be argued was contributed to by the missed call.

All the whining may cause the league to be more vigilant in upholding the rule and protecting the health and safety of NBA players. This missed call and the resultant clamor may help avoid such incidents in the future.

chazzy
03-14-2013, 06:17 PM

ripthekik
03-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Posters often ask why the Mods don't close/delete certain threads, and incidents like these are exactly why. Now you have something to crow about and you know exactly which posters to single out. Should be great ammunition for certain posters moving forward.

You're welcome.
Thank you. :applause: :cheers:

funnystuff
03-14-2013, 06:18 PM
What are the chances Kobe faked the injury because the foul wasn't called?

ispin69
03-14-2013, 06:20 PM
per ESPN

where you at haters?

Funny how NBA is always right and you always agree with their decisions? Wasn't too long ago Laker fans thought the Artest no call that turned out to be a flagrant by the NBA, most lakers said that was a no call. Should we have banned those posters for disagreeing with the league?

You're a joke if you think that. The ball was already out of Kobe's hands by the time Jones even came near him or even touched him. It's not Jone's fault Kobe lands on his ankle. Maybe if he didn't kick out his other leg, he would have had two legs to land on instead of one.

:facepalm Refute my points, bitch.

No Evans!
03-14-2013, 06:21 PM

If you lose to a team missing 3 starters, 2 important bench pieces, and starting Petro, Tolliver, and Jones I wouldn't blame it on a "missed" call

elementally morale
03-14-2013, 06:25 PM

Are you sure you are important enough to be refuted?

ripthekik
03-14-2013, 06:26 PM
No surprise, the same old idiots.

Disrespecting the refs saying that was a foul and should have been called. I like how he changed it too, took out the word foul from the tweet and says it should have been "called". :oldlol:

It should be a big fine. This needs to stop.

That wasn't a foul, that wasn't dirty and from what it looks like, kobe's playing possum.

All you have to do is watch the video.

On the play, Kobe kicks his right leg out to create space when shooting (an offensive foul, something refs are not tolerating this year, the jump shot leg kick).

Doing this twists his body and leads to landing with a lot of weight and landing while turning on his left foot. (left himself vulnurable).

And all Jones was doing was trying to fight through the leg kick, not letting Kobe get that extra space he was trying to create by doing it. The space where Kobe's leg is (which Jones pushes into) is the defender's space, not the shooter's.

Truthful analysis. Get mad all you want.

Looked like a clean play to me.

It wasnt a legit foul.

Jones clearly DID NOT run into him.

infact, Jones DID NOT even "TOUCH" Kobe!

Referees made a CORRECT decision not calling it & deciding the game on the FTs.

Kobe needed to hit that. It was an open fadeaway & he blew it.

ChokeBE at his best! against a Playoff calibre team.

Shut Up U whiny B!tch.. that is asinine. If anything He stopped Short so he didn't barrel into Kobe who BTW kicked out his other Leg trying to Draw a foul so his Feet came down closer to defender than a normal fadeaway would of.

Legends66NBA7
03-14-2013, 06:27 PM

I think someone posted that he's a got a Grade 2 Level sprain and would be out a week or 2.

He tweeted about the ankle too:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/03/14/kobe-bryant-ankle-injury-twitter-rant-on-ankle-sprain-dahntay-jones/

So yeah, he didn't fake that, but I think he shouldn't miss much time, if any.

Levity
03-14-2013, 06:28 PM
You're a joke if you think that. The ball was already out of Kobe's hands by the time Jones even came near him or even touched him. It's not Jone's fault Kobe lands on his ankle. Maybe if he didn't kick out his other leg, he would have had two legs to land on instead of one.

sure, id love to.

the rule is, once the offensive player is in the air, you cannot touch him at all, and have to allow him room to land safely. Jones didnt allow the latter to happen, resulting in kobe losing his footing. That right there is a text book foul. Whether it was intentional or not is not up to us to decide.

ispin69
03-14-2013, 06:42 PM
sure, id love to.

the rule is, once the offensive player is in the air, you cannot touch him at all, and have to allow him room to land safely. Jones didnt allow the latter to happen, resulting in kobe losing his footing. That right there is a text book foul. Whether it was intentional or not is not up to us to decide.

Did you make that up yourself?

SilkkTheShocker
03-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Im not going to lie, I laughed seeing him get hurt.

funnystuff
03-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Im not going to lie, I laughed seeing him get hurt.
Whoaaa, starting to sound like a Chicago fan.

crisoner
03-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Jones, by rule, must give the airborne man room to land. He did not. And why are the rules so clear on that point? Because if defenders are allowed to move under shooters, that's a way to alter a scorer's shot and mental approach to the shot without actually playing defense. At a minimum, that's a foul. Period.

End Thread........

funnystuff
03-14-2013, 06:48 PM
I think someone posted that he's a got a Grade 2 Level sprain and would be out a week or 2.

He tweeted about the ankle too:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/03/14/kobe-bryant-ankle-injury-twitter-rant-on-ankle-sprain-dahntay-jones/

So yeah, he didn't fake that, but I think he shouldn't miss much time, if any.
Ah, well hopefully he recovers nicely to keep his team in the playoffs.

talkingconch
03-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Did the NBA also acknowledge Dwight's mauling of Ivan Johnson?
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Joey3000
03-14-2013, 06:51 PM
This is Basketball. Not every call is made and people get hurt.

and your hero doesnt always deliver

Deal with it.

ispin69
03-14-2013, 06:52 PM
End Thread........

Source?

KrizMiz
03-14-2013, 06:52 PM
So what ? they miss calls in every game, get over it - it happened, you cant change it.....

kobe fans... mad at this ....

crisoner
03-14-2013, 06:55 PM
It was a foul...now please NBA fine Jones because that was a dirty f*cking play.

brwnman
03-14-2013, 06:58 PM
That's not even arguable. It's a foul. But as far as it being a dirty play? I just don't see that either. I don't see the intent behind it to call it dirty. Many players get away with sliding under, because it just so happens that the offensive player doesn't always land on the player's foot. Foul? Yes Dirty? Nope...

Levity
03-14-2013, 06:59 PM

Hate to break it to you, but I certainly did not.

bagelred
03-14-2013, 07:00 PM
This is beyond ridiculous.

Why does the league feel the need to comment on this ONE PLAY? Why? There were 11 games last night. Did they review all 48 minutes of every game to see if any other foul calls were missed? Because I'm sure there were plenty.....why aren't they commenting on those? What about the other 47.5 minutes of the Lakers game? Any other bad calls?

This is nonsense. The refs miss calls. They make calls when they shouldn't. Human error and judgments are simply part of the game. Can't we just accept it instead of this nonsense?

ispin69
03-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Hate to break it to you, but I certainly did not.

Go ahead and cite your sources then.
Hopefully on an official nba website.

Levity
03-14-2013, 07:03 PM

Why does the league feel the need to comment on this ONE PLAY? Why? There were 11 games last night. Did they review all 48 minutes of every game to see if any other foul calls were missed? Because I'm sure there were plenty.....

This is nonsense. The refs miss calls. They make calls when they shouldn't. Human error and judgments are simply part of the game. Can't we just accept it instead of this nonsense?

League officials usually review plays like this that come down to the last few seconds. The link in the OP cited another game from earlier this year where a missed call at the end of a close game happened. Den/Ind to be specific.

Legends66NBA7
03-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Ah, well hopefully he recovers nicely to keep his team in the playoffs.

The Lakers and Kobe himself could have afforded him sitting some games out if they were 10-15 games above .500, but now I'm pretty sure Kobe's going to push everything he can to play even tommorrow with the Lakers fighting to make that final spot.

Chemistry, coaching, and health issues bited this team in the ass.

Levity
03-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Go ahead and cite your sources then.
Hopefully on an official nba website.

go ahead and cite your source saying its not a foul. Hopefully on an official nba website.

secondly, the link in the OP pretty much said what i said. Is that site not official enough for you?

brwnman
03-14-2013, 07:06 PM

Why does the league feel the need to comment on this ONE PLAY? Why? There were 11 games last night. Did they review all 48 minutes of every game to see if any other foul calls were missed? Because I'm sure there were plenty.....why aren't they commenting on those? What about the other 47.5 minutes of the Lakers game? Any other bad calls?

It's a common practice. There have been at least 2 (and quite possibly 3) apologies from the NBA to the Raptors on last second fouls. Raptors always get the short end of the stick, and have to settle on stupid apologies. It has cost them around 5 games this season...

crisoner
03-14-2013, 07:10 PM
So what ? they miss calls in every game, get over it - it happened, you cant change it.....

kobe fans... mad at this ....

Well if you have been reading through the threads. There have been plenty of haters saying it wasn't even a foul. In fact they went as far as saying that Kobe fouled him.

crisoner
03-14-2013, 07:11 PM
The Lakers and Kobe himself could have afforded him sitting some games out if they were 10-15 games above .500, but now I'm pretty sure Kobe's going to push everything he can to play even tommorrow with the Lakers fighting to make that final spot.

Chemistry, coaching, and health issues bited this team in the ass.

YUP

I still have them at 8 maybe 7. But kiss the 6th seed good bye if Kobe misses a good chunk of time.

Remix
03-14-2013, 07:22 PM
The best part was the baseline official was more interested in watching Kobe's shot than watching the landing. His eyes were glued on the ball the entire time. Great job ref.

gengiskhan
03-14-2013, 07:22 PM
per ESPN
where you at haters?

All this Whining is nothing new from Kobe.

He whines because HE MISSED AN UNCONTESTED OPEN BASELINE JUMPER.

plain & simple.

HE LOST THE GAME.

Kobe was never a graceful looser.

Even he knows he faded BEHIND THE BACKBOARD & HE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO SHOOT WIDE & MISS.

Jones has nothing to do with this.

It was NOT A FOUL.

BITCHBE is just being that...A litting whining BEETTCH!

http://i46.tinypic.com/2gwdzyp.jpg

raprap
03-14-2013, 07:32 PM
:cry:

chazzy
03-14-2013, 07:40 PM
I can't believe gengiskhan is an actual person in the world

imdaman99
03-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Nah, we should agree with salty virgin tazb, a bandwagon who trolls/hates all day behind his computer because his knowledge to the game is potato :bowdown:
what would happen if we all put tazb on ignore? would he sign on to his other account and talk to himself?

gengiskhan
03-14-2013, 07:46 PM
I can't believe gengiskhan is an actual person in the world

This is the funny thing about Lakers stans & kobe stans

They are so delusional that they cannot even fathom....

...KOBE ACTUALLY FADED BEHIND THE BACKBOARD JUST ON LITTLE BIT OF DEFENSE.

HE GOT INTO WORSE POSSIBLE POSITION TO SHOOT FOR A POSSIBLE GAME WINNER HAD THE GAME GONE INTO O.T.

look closely. He is releasing the ball from behind the backboard.

When he wasn't harrassed by PHYSICAL defense!

& no Kobe stan or Lakers stan see this.

Its his fault he missed the shot.

Patrick Chewing
03-14-2013, 09:41 PM

LOL :facepalm

imnew09
03-14-2013, 10:26 PM
what would happen if we all put tazb on ignore? would he sign on to his other account and talk to himself?

haha that will be sad man because tazb doesn't have any friends in real life either... this is the only way of communication for him.

gengiskhan garbage man

http://i50.tinypic.com/34r9iyt.jpg

daily
03-14-2013, 10:35 PM
haha that will be sad man because tazb doesn't have any friends in real life either... this is the only way of communication for him.

gengiskhan garbage man

http://i50.tinypic.com/34r9iyt.jpg

Forever known as "Gharbagekhan"

Droid101
03-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Ooh good idea. Done.

ralph_i_el
03-14-2013, 11:08 PM
The NBA just wants Kobe to shut the **** up and stop whining

NumberSix
03-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Who cares if it was a foul. There are much more important things happening. The dude is out indefinitely.

ispin69
03-14-2013, 11:15 PM
It's sad this forum has become trash thanks to laker stan m0ds. Show me where the delete account button is.

gengiskhan
03-14-2013, 11:17 PM
The NBA just wants Kobe to shut the **** up and stop whining

I've never seen a whiner, cry baby bigger than Kobe. He wants NBA to baby sit his pampered ar$$e cuz he plays for Lakers.

Any shot he got blocked or stolen ball, he is staring daggers at nearest referee, pretending he is hurt.

A fake paper tiger faced Ph@ggot if there was ever one.

I've watched NBA for past 20 yrs on regular basis. Never seen a superstar calibre player constantly complaining for help from refs.

NEVER!

He stands ALONE in whining category.

& now this mot*** fu**** has a twitter account calling for "revenge"

Its because of Kobe, I've come to respect LBJ a lot. This man took punching, extreme Hate from media, fans everyone & just went about doing his business.

got MIA to finals his first yr. MVP sweep the next yr. NO COMPLAINTS

JUST DOING WORK.....the result. MVP SWEEP.....Gunning for 2nd consequitive MVP SWEEP!.

This Cryant P@ggott needs to learn something from LBJ here.

longtime lurker
03-15-2013, 12:03 AM
It's sad this forum has become trash thanks to laker stan m0ds. Show me where the delete account button is.

Oh please please please do it

The Choken One
03-15-2013, 12:12 AM
garbagekahn on suicide watch. dude has been posting in EVERY thread since the play how it was all Kobe's fault and clean, and even the NBA agrees it was a foul.

epic fail brah.

The Choken One
03-15-2013, 12:14 AM
I've never seen a whiner, cry baby bigger than Kobe. He wants NBA to baby sit his pampered ar$$e cuz he plays for Lakers.

Any shot he got blocked or stolen ball, he is staring daggers at nearest referee, pretending he is hurt.

A fake paper tiger faced Ph@ggot if there was ever one.

I've watched NBA for past 20 yrs on regular basis. Never seen a superstar calibre player constantly complaining for help from refs.

NEVER!

He stands ALONE in whining category.

& now this mot*** fu**** has a twitter account calling for "revenge"

Its because of Kobe, I've come to respect LBJ a lot. This man took punching, extreme Hate from media, fans everyone & just went about doing his business.

got MIA to finals his first yr. MVP sweep the next yr. NO COMPLAINTS

JUST DOING WORK.....the result. MVP SWEEP.....Gunning for 2nd consequitive MVP SWEEP!.

This Cryant P@ggott needs to learn something from LBJ here.
apparently you don't watch nearly every superstar in the league, especially Durant & Wade. Those two never stop crying.

longtime lurker
03-15-2013, 01:22 AM

You're welcome.

:applause: this thread needs to be stickied in that case. Good job good effort

longtime lurker
03-15-2013, 01:23 AM
No surprise, the same old idiots.

I'll save you some time. Every single Heat fan and Lebron d!ckrider.... your list is about 25% complete.

gengiskhan
03-15-2013, 01:32 AM
I'll save you some time. Every single Heat fan and Lebron d!ckrider.... your list is about 25% complete.

still hanging on kobe's dong arent you.

let it go. its injured too.

isnt gonna stiffened up anytime soon.

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

RoundMoundOfReb
03-15-2013, 01:43 AM
It was clearly a foul but i can understand the no call there. it didn't affect the actual shot.

TheBigVeto
03-15-2013, 02:42 AM
he said it was a foul and that the refs need to protect shooters..

and the NBA agrees :confusedshrug:

NBA 'agrees' because Kobe is Stern's favorite boy. Not because Kobe is right.

SacJB Shady
03-15-2013, 02:43 AM
Kobe just gettin ST

ILLsmak
03-15-2013, 03:57 AM
Not only was it a foul, but it was intentional.

However Kobe has done some shit, too... like punching people after shots.

I guess all you can do in the world is try to stick to some code of morality and if someone ****s you over anyway then beat their ass.

That's my 2c.

-Smak

La Frescobaldi
03-15-2013, 07:00 AM

http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/mediacentral/Official-NBA-Rule-Book.pdf

Levity is right. And you are wrong.

I'd give you the section, page and paragraph... but I bet there's a lotta guys on Insidehoops that would love to just see if you can find it in the rulebook.
Why don't you quote the relevant rule for us?

These guys are the forum moderators. They'd probably be able to help you find your way.

oldschool, All Net, Kblaze8855, hotsizzle, Real Men Wear Green, RedBlackAttack, StroShow4, MaxFly