PDA

View Full Version : Report: Derrick Rose to pay for 6 month old funeral

Blingster
03-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Sad set of circumstances, nice to see someone step up

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-report-derrick-rose-funeral-chicago-baby-20130315,0,3408491.story

By Melissa Rohlin
March 15, 2013, 9:44 a.m.
Chicago Bulls' point guard Derrick Rose has reportedly made a kind gesture, offering to help pay for the funeral of 6-month-old Jonylah Watkin, who was shot multiple times by a gunman on Monday as her father changed her diaper on the front seat of his minivan in Chicago.

According to NBC Chicago, a Watkin family spokesman said Rose made the offer, but the three-time All-Star has not publicly confirmed it.

Rose has been sidelined all season after sustaining a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during Game 1 of the first round of the NBA playoffs against the Philadelphia 76ers on April 28.

Rose had surgery on his injured knee in May, and his return could be imminent.

Referring to his injured knee, Rose said, "I think I can do everything. It's just me having the confidence to do it, just me feeling normal."

Beatlezz
03-16-2013, 09:44 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Kurosawa0
03-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Very classy move.

3peated
03-16-2013, 09:57 AM
if chicago ever gets rid of rose or lets him get out of chicago that city will be in uproar, that is one good dude, even tho im still salty he got mvp

Scoooter
03-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Who would shoot a baby?

G-Funk
03-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Rose>>>Wade

GOBB
03-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Jordan never delivered like this to my knowledge. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Rose >>> MJ

Who would shoot a baby?

Wasnt intentional but thugs are heartless. And Chicago is out of control.

longhornfan1234
03-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Who would shoot a baby?

Democratic base.

tikay0
03-16-2013, 04:37 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

D-Rose is a Chicagoan for life. Don't ever make any trade proposals involving Chicago's finest.

Beatlezz
03-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Who would shoot a baby?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1335706739_1236166573_steven_seagal_shooting_kids. gif

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Funny story, but back in 2006 my grandmother died. I told my local news station that John Travolta offered to pay for the services. Of course he never made the offer, but when reached for comment he confirmed my story with the action ten news. 4 days later, his representatives sent us a check for $13k. :bowdown:

ZenMaster
03-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Funny story, but back in 2006 my grandmother died. I told my local news station that John Travolta offered to pay for the services. Of course he never made the offer, but when reached for comment he confirmed my story with the action ten news. 4 days later, his representatives sent us a check for $13k. :bowdown:

If true that's pretty interesting, you ever tried anything like where it didn't work backfired on you?

shady6121
03-16-2013, 05:15 PM
A class act. :applause:

03-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Nice on D Rose's part.:applause:

atljonesbro
03-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Rose should be more popular in chicago than MJ. He's not a douche who doesn't care about the fans like MJ was. Rose is a great guy

IGotACoolStory
03-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Rose is a genuinely good man. I don't think anyone has ever doubted that.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-16-2013, 05:26 PM
If true that's pretty interesting, you ever tried anything like where it didn't work backfired on you?
:lol nah dude i never did that. i just thought it up,, wonder if it'd work. which celebrity would be the most vulnerable?

All Net
03-16-2013, 05:29 PM
These players can very kind people as well as great basketball players. Good to hear.

ProfessorMurder
03-16-2013, 05:36 PM
I hope he threw in a few more bucks though. Paying for the funeral is great and all, but I'm sure they could use a little extra.

GOBB
03-16-2013, 05:40 PM
I hope he threw in a few more bucks though. Paying for the funeral is great and all, but I'm sure they could use a little extra.

Yeah like give them a brand new home, car and pay for thier bills the next 2 years. I mean Derrick Rose can support that with his contracts with Bulls + endorsements yanno. :facepalm

You do realize the father was affiliated with a gang? Thats the reason the poor baby was killed in the first place. Giving them a little extra to who exactly?

ProfessorMurder
03-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Yeah like give them a brand new home, car and pay for thier bills the next 2 years. I mean Derrick Rose can support that with his contracts with Bulls + endorsements yanno. :facepalm

You do realize the father was affiliated with a gang? Thats the reason the poor baby was killed in the first place. Giving them a little extra to who exactly?

Who gives a f*ck if the guy was associated with a gang? So is Rose. Rose is giving up at least 10k for a funeral, so why not throw the family a bit extra if he's in a giving mood?

Why are you even in a Bulls thread? You've got your all mighty Sixers to jack off to... I mean that Hawes/Bynum starting lineup has been destroying the league.

GOBB
03-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Who gives a f*ck if the guy was associated with a gang? So is Rose. Rose is giving up at least 10k for a funeral, so why not throw the family a bit extra if he's in a giving mood?

Why are you even in a Bulls thread? You've got your all mighty Sixers to jack off to... I mean that Hawes/Bynum starting lineup has been destroying the league.

He's IN A GANG. He was SHOT AND TO BE KILLED not because he trolled them on an online messageboard you dumbass. That little baby is still here if her father wasnt involved in a f*cking gang. You're a f*cking idiot for not having the brain to think this up.

So yeah throw the family which includes the father money for no reason. You dont question the female/mother for getting knocked up by a gang banger and most importantly allowing that infant to travel with the father knowing he is in a gang. Knowing how crazy gang life in Chicago is. You nor I know if the "family" you want to give money too for ahhhhh well f*cks sake is even worthy of a handout. But who cares just give it to them. Shut up kid.

Why dont you throw the family some money? How about the next homeless person you walk by you think of this thread and give up money? Shut up kid part II.

Bulls thread or Derrick Rose off the court thread? Damn you're one dumb kid but usually emotions b!tches dont think. Thats your case here. Why are you in this thread? Derrrr derrrrr derrrrr :rolleyes:

Now you want to bring up the Sixers. Irrelevant. Go create a thread and I'll enter it ok? Then proceed to shyt all over you like a bird does a car that was just washed. How about it bud? Shyt has nothing to do with showing Rose respect for a good gesture, mentioning MJ never coming thru like this and oh how dumb you were to suggest why doesnt Rose throw the money some extra money and get them a reality tv series. Shut up kid part III.

Bucket_Nakedz
03-16-2013, 07:47 PM
^ u two need to shut up and make up. i won't have my 2 favorite posters bickering with each other. especially when its regarding my favorite player as well :cry:

Blingster
03-16-2013, 07:56 PM
He's IN A GANG. He was SHOT AND TO BE KILLED not because he trolled them on an online messageboard you dumbass. That little baby is still here if her father wasnt involved in a f*cking gang. You're a f*cking idiot for not having the brain to think this up.

So yeah throw the family which includes the father money for no reason. You dont question the female/mother for getting knocked up by a gang banger and most importantly allowing that infant to travel with the father knowing he is in a gang. Knowing how crazy gang life in Chicago is. You nor I know if the "family" you want to give money too for ahhhhh well f*cks sake is even worthy of a handout. But who cares just give it to them. Shut up kid.

Why dont you throw the family some money? How about the next homeless person you walk by you think of this thread and give up money? Shut up kid part II.

Bulls thread or Derrick Rose off the court thread? Damn you're one dumb kid but usually emotions b!tches dont think. Thats your case here. Why are you in this thread? Derrrr derrrrr derrrrr :rolleyes:

Now you want to bring up the Sixers. Irrelevant. Go create a thread and I'll enter it ok? Then proceed to shyt all over you like a bird does a car that was just washed. How about it bud? Shyt has nothing to do with showing Rose respect for a good gesture, mentioning MJ never coming thru like this and oh how dumb you were to suggest why doesnt Rose throw the money some extra money and get them a reality tv series. Shut up kid part III.

This is all true.. BUT

This should be about the DEAD CHILD. That kid didn't get to pick the hand he was delt. Pay for the kids funeral. Pay respects to the one that is dead in that box. It's not about the parents, it's about the kid.

Bosnian Sajo
03-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Funny story, but back in 2006 my grandmother died.

Hilarious.

GOBB
03-16-2013, 09:39 PM
This is all true.. BUT

This should be about the DEAD CHILD. That kid didn't get to pick the hand he was delt. Pay for the kids funeral. Pay respects to the one that is dead in that box. It's not about the parents, it's about the kid.

I never introduced the parents in this discussion. That idiot did. He wants money to the family. Family being a reputed gang banger 28yrs old with a rap sheet and some nitwit female who let this loser in life knock her up only to put an innocent baby in harms way due to his ignorant lifestyle. Yeah give them some "bread" as he said. What a moron.

TheMarkMadsen
03-16-2013, 09:45 PM
I love how he hasn't publicly confirmed it, shows he isn't doing it for the attention or for people to think he's such a great guy.

Just making an amazing gesture not caring if anybody even knows about it

Just2McFly
03-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Gobb needs to stop being so argumentative, it brings your stupidity to Centre stage rapidly

Blingster
03-17-2013, 01:03 AM
I never introduced the parents in this discussion. That idiot did. He wants money to the family. Family being a reputed gang banger 28yrs old with a rap sheet and some nitwit female who let this loser in life knock her up only to put an innocent baby in harms way due to his ignorant lifestyle. Yeah give them some "bread" as he said. What a moron.

Just to clarify, I agree with you 100%.

dgaras
03-17-2013, 01:35 AM
^ u two need to shut up and make up. i won't have my 2 favorite posters bickering with each other. especially when its regarding my favorite player as well :cry:

your favorite posters? only a queer says that. :facepalm

TheMarkMadsen
03-17-2013, 06:10 PM
I love how he hasn't publicly confirmed it, shows he isn't doing it for the attention or for people to think he's such a great guy.

Just making an amazing gesture not caring if anybody even knows about it
:roll: @ being negged for this

LBJFTW
03-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Maybe LeBron should take some notes from the guy who stole his MVP and not tip $1?:oldlol:

The Choken One
03-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Rose is an incredible role model and person. Hats off to him.

upside24
03-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Don't see how anyone can dislike this guy. Such a selfless act. He probably didn't care if this went public, he just wanted to help someone out.

Glide2keva
03-17-2013, 09:24 PM
This is the second funeral he's paid for. The first was a kid that got murdered getting off the bus. He was a friend of the unknown rapper Lil Jojo who was murdered by friends of Chief Keef.

He paid for the funeral and Lil jojo fans decided to take over the funeral and disrespect the family. Shame they did that. The family left when they over crowded the church singing the song that got him killed and almost knocked over the casket.

The 6-month old got murdered a block away from where my aunt lived.

LBJFTW
03-17-2013, 09:29 PM
This is the second funeral he's paid for. The first was a kid that got murdered getting off the bus. He was a friend of the unknown rapper Lil Jojo who was murdered by friends of Chief Keef.

He paid for the funeral and Lil jojo fans decided to take over the funeral and disrespect the family. Shame they did that. The family left when they over crowded the church singing the song that got him killed and almost knocked over the casket.

Family should have just opened fire on the fans for being disrespectful. Judge would have let them off the hook anyway.

kmartshopper
03-17-2013, 09:30 PM

:biggums:

nathanjizzle
03-17-2013, 09:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOa7CjpgSTw

i use to work across the street from this funeral home

Glide2keva
03-17-2013, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOa7CjpgSTw

i use to work across the street from this funeral home
That's it.

03-18-2013, 02:02 PM
:roll: @ being negged for this

Whoever negged you thought you were being fake humble and were wh0ring for some green bars.

So he negged you. :confusedshrug:

NumberSix
03-18-2013, 02:05 PM
If true, you're a scumbag.

SsKSpurs21
03-18-2013, 04:18 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/15/lupe-fiasco-jonylah-forev_n_2884197.html?utm_hp_ref=chicago

Lupe Fiasco wrote a song about the little girl. pretty powerful song.

Glide2keva
03-18-2013, 04:41 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/15/lupe-fiasco-jonylah-forev_n_2884197.html?utm_hp_ref=chicago

Lupe Fiasco wrote a song about the little girl. pretty powerful song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU775YOAfkw

Dope song.

TheMan
03-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Rose should be more popular in chicago than MJ. He's not a douche who doesn't care about the fans like MJ was. Rose is a great guy
Bringing home chips>>>>being a great guy

Just the way it is...

Just2McFly
03-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Chicago is something else. Every day I wake wondering what can be done.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-19-2013, 03:23 PM
If true, you're a scumbag.
Why? Rumor has it that John Travolta is even a bigger scumbag.

AirFederer
03-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Will he also pay for Jason Terry`s?

Maestro33
03-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Im actually standing 25 feet away as this was shot but I never saw any kids lol. Hastings street Vancouver....