PDA

View Full Version : Al Horford or Marc Gasol?

Richesly
03-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Who ya got?

Al Horford:
37.2 MPG, 56% FG, 61% FT
17.3 PPG
10.1 RPG
1.1 BPG
3.3 APG

Marc Gasol:
35.1 MPG, 49% FG, 85% FT, 7.7
14.3 PPG
7.7 RPG
1.7 BPG
3.9 APG

Crystallas
03-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Probably the guy with less shooters on his team, but more assists.

fiddy
03-17-2013, 03:43 PM
M. Gasol

DaSeba5
03-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Gasol

Richesly
03-17-2013, 04:05 PM
why is marc gasol overrated

Crystallas
03-17-2013, 04:07 PM
why is marc gasol deserving of praise

FTFY

1987_Lakers
03-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Stats say Horford is better, but Gasol is one of those players where you can't judge him off stats. His defense is miles ahead of Horford and Memphis depends alot on his offense because he has the ability to create for others. M. Gasol is possibily the best defensive & passing big man in the game today.

Any one who actually knows basketball will tell you Gasol is better. If you swap Gasol for Horford, Memphis defense takes a big hit, their interior defense would crumble.

IGotACoolStory
03-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Since Gasol is (clearly) the better player, I think you should be the one explaining why you think Horford is better. :confusedshrug:

FKAri
03-17-2013, 04:28 PM
If you swap Gasol for Horford, Memphis defense takes a big hit, their interior defense would crumble.

Memphis' offense would take a hit too. Without Gasol providing that high low action or backdoor bounce passes, Memphis' offense would plummet.

Richesly
03-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Reason why I believe Al Horford is an overall better player than Gasol?

Al Horford has better shot selection and can actually rebound and finish layups. Marc Gasol has an atrocious post game. His defense is definitely very good compared to Al Horford's, however, it doesn't make up the fact he is poor offensively. When you are an inside big man shooting 48%, you are not good offensively.

Al Horford always pummels Marc Gasol when they match up. It's quite hilarious, really. Marc just can't keep up with Al Horford when they play.

Richesly
03-17-2013, 04:48 PM
When Al Horford matches up against Marc, Horford shoots 58%.

Gasol gets smacked by Al whenever they play.

BlueCrayon
03-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Marc Gasol's passes from the high post> Horford.

Richesly
03-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Marc Gasol's passes from the high post> Horford.

Josh Smith passes from the high post > Gasol.

Hotlantadude81
03-17-2013, 06:10 PM
7 rebounds per game is weak.

JGXEN
03-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Another classic example of a delusional Hawks fan

Richesly
03-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Another classic example of a delusional Hawks fan

How so?

Clifton
03-17-2013, 06:41 PM
lol OP "accidentally" leaves out assist numbers.

Hotlantadude81
03-17-2013, 07:02 PM

The assists numbers aren't that huge of a difference.

I'm not overly impressed with a 7 foot 265 pound guy that can only average 7RPG.

Defense is the biggest thing in Gasol's favor... But he should be hitting the boards more.

Richesly
03-17-2013, 07:06 PM

Fixed. Marc has averages .6 assists more than Al Horford. Impressive.

Clifton
03-17-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm not overly impressed with a 7 foot 265 pound guy that can only average 7RPG
Well, he is starting next to Zach Randolph. Horford plays on a team with no big men besides Horford. His career average is 8rpg and he's averaged 9rpg twice. Not great (and he is too passive a player all around) but he's not a liability on the boards and he excels in many other areas.

brandonislegend
03-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Marc impacts the game much more, therefore he is better.

Clifton
03-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Marc has averages .6 assists more than Al Horford.
That's a lot when you play center.

I will admit I thought the difference would be greater though. I thought Gasol was closer to 5. When I watch him he seems like such an ideal point-center that it's a shame Memphis doesn't base their offense around him more. If I were his coach he'd average 6.

brandonislegend
03-17-2013, 07:10 PM

I'm not overly impressed with a 7 foot 265 pound guy that can only average 7RPG.

Defense is the biggest thing in Gasol's favor... But he should be hitting the boards more.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Zach-Randolph1.jpg

La Frescobaldi
03-17-2013, 07:24 PM

height is not the key to rebounding; position is.

Gasol consistently plays high post in the Griz offense thus he will automatically be seeing lower rebounding numbers than a more classic style on-the-block Center like Al....

But with all that said, I still think you are correct; he's really not all that great at rebounding.
It looks to me like - and I've only seen Memphis half dozen times this season - he doesn't box out... he doesn't crash.... he just doesn't much bother.

Now when you look at where the ball is at key times in a game, though, it's a different story.
Either Gasol has got the ball or he's real interested in finding out why he doesn't have it.

hawkfan
03-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Al is really a power forward.
Marc is a classic center.

Hopefully the Hawks add Al Jefferson and move Horford to power forward, with Smith at small forward.

Hotlantadude81
03-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Well, he is starting next to Zach Randolph. Horford plays on a team with no big men besides Horford. His career average is 8rpg and he's averaged 9rpg twice. Not great (and he is too passive a player all around) but he's not a liability on the boards and he excels in many other areas.

Guys who are good rebounders usually find a way to rebound. While I admire Gasol's defense... In two main key area's he is average or just decent.

LoneyROY7
03-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Gasol if I need a center.

Horford if I need a PF.

Hotlantadude81
03-17-2013, 07:30 PM
height is not the key to rebounding; position is.

Gasol consistently plays high post in the Griz offense thus he will automatically be seeing lower rebounding numbers than a more classic style on-the-block Center like Al....

But with all that said, I still think you are correct; he's really not all that great at rebounding.
It looks to me like - and I've only seen Memphis half dozen times this season - he doesn't box out... he doesn't crash.... he just doesn't much bother.

Now when you look at where the ball is at key times in a game, though, it's a different story.
Either Gasol has got the ball or he's real interested in finding out why he doesn't have it.

Al shoots a lot of jumpers.

La Frescobaldi
03-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Al shoots a lot of jumpers.
?
So did Bob Lanier & Moses Malone & Kareem.

What's that got to do with it? Al lines up on the block - a lot.

But I was talking about Marc Gasol on that post.

Hotlantadude81
03-17-2013, 07:45 PM
?
So did Bob Lanier & Moses Malone & Kareem.

What's that got to do with it? Al lines up on the block - a lot.

But I was talking about Marc Gasol on that post.

Big men should trying to get rebounds.

Zbo only played in 28 games last year and Gasol's numbers were still below Al's numbers.

You could argue that Josh Smith's ball hogging takes away from Al's assist numbers also.

Gasol's assist numbers shot up because Gay was traded.

Whoah10115
03-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Al is really a power forward.
Marc is a classic center.

Hopefully the Hawks add Al Jefferson and move Horford to power forward, with Smith at small forward.

Al Jefferson is more a PF than Horford. At what point are you going to get that?

Stop saying this.

andremiller07
03-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Gasol if I need a center.

Horford if I need a PF.

Pretty much this cause Horford can't defend other C's at all, but if I was drafting for a new team than I would draft Gasol ahead of Horford.

Whoah10115
03-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Gasol's assist numbers shot up because Gay was traded.

Gasol's numbers have been in within 0.1-0.2 of his current average all year, so don't talk when you don't know, as you clearly don't. You already hate on your guys. No one needs you to hate on Marc.

Graviton
03-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Bosh and Noah.

Hotlantadude81
03-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Gasol's numbers have been in within 0.1-0.2 of his current average all year, so don't talk when you don't know, as you clearly don't. You already hate on your guys. No one needs you to hate on Marc.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/3206/marc-gasol

Pre all star: 3.6APG
Post all star: 4.9APG

Dummy.

Besides, there is Teague, Harris, Lou and Josh Smith that handle the ball a good bit. Who does Memphis have other than Conley?

The bottom line is that the difference isn't that huge. Not as much as some want to believe.

Overall, I think it's debatable. The evidence points to Al being a better scorer, shooter and rebounder. Gasol is a better defender and a bit better as a passer. Pick one.

atljonesbro
03-17-2013, 09:10 PM
A team for of elite defenders vs a team full of elite scorers... Who wins.

The answer is obviously, basketball is an offensive game that's why scores are so high. It's a lot easier to score than stop someone from scoring especially when you take into account the error totally on themselves from the scorer.

Al Horford brings more to the table than Gasol. Gasol's only real advatage is defense, they are both elite passers. It's like saying someone who averages 11 apg vs someone who average 10 apg is a much better passer.

brandonislegend
03-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Pretty much this cause Horford can't defend other C's at all, but if I was drafting for a new team than I would draft Gasol ahead of Horford.

Any GM in the league would.

HeyIt'sMe
03-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Al Horford has got to be the most underrated player in the league. His mid range jumper might be the best in basketball, even better than Bosh's, and his passing is criminally underrated. Him and his former Gator teammate are both outstanding passers. Is he a better passer than Gasol? Nah, but he's not far behind.

So let's see, better scorer, better rebounder, similar yet slightly inferior passer, but Gasol defends better. It's a close call, but I kind of thing Gasol gets a tad bit overrated around here. For being a 6'9 PF playing out of position his entire career, Horford really does hold his own defensively - he's far from as sieve out there.

CLTHornets4eva
03-17-2013, 11:18 PM
Disagree. Horford is 2 years younger, has no one to protect him, as Gasol has ZBO.

I agree with the post earlier, If I want a 5 I'll take MG if I want a 4 I take Horford.

MANY GM's would take the younger Horford with a better contract situation and comparable talent.

brandonislegend
03-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Disagree. Horford is 2 years younger, has no one to protect him, as Gasol has ZBO.

I agree with the post earlier, If I want a 5 I'll take MG if I want a 4 I take Horford.

MANY GM's would take the younger Horford with a better contract situation and comparable talent.

Al Horford has Josh Smith :wtf:

fpliii
03-18-2013, 12:10 AM
Definitely Marc Gasol IMO. He's potentially my DPOY and First Team All-NBA center if the season ended today (Duncan though makes both a tough call).

Bigsmoke
03-18-2013, 12:20 AM

Noah > Gasol

And Horford > Noah

Hotlantadude81
03-18-2013, 12:21 AM
Definitely Marc Gasol IMO. He's potentially my DPOY and First Team All-NBA center if the season ended today (Duncan though makes both a tough call).

Spinning it that way makes him look better than he actually is.

Not that he isn't good, but.....

Reverend Hoops
03-18-2013, 12:26 AM
Marc Gasol because I see him on TV and ISH more.

fpliii
03-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Spinning it that way makes him look better than he actually is.

Not that he isn't good, but.....

FWIW I'm not hating, I just prefer defense/passing (rebounding as well, but he plays at the top of the key so it's hard to grab many boards from there...I won't completely excuse it though) at the center position (the Walton ideal), and my scoring to come from elsewhere.

Horford is legit IMO, don't get me wrong. I'd just prefer to go with Gasol on my team.

fsvr54
03-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Horford has the ability to take over a game and energize his team, dominate in scoring and the glass.

Richesly
03-18-2013, 12:42 AM
FWIW I'm not hating, I just prefer defense/passing (rebounding as well, but he plays at the top of the key so it's hard to grab many boards from there...I won't completely excuse it though) at the center position (the Walton ideal), and my scoring to come from elsewhere.

Horford is legit IMO, don't get me wrong. I'd just prefer to go with Gasol on my team.

Really?

Al Horford is a face up big man. He spends more time out of the paint than in the paint. Yet, averages 10 rebounds. Also, if you choose Horford over Gasol, it's not like you totally screw the passing up. Gasol is NOT in anyway near as a rebounder or efficient player that Horford is.

When you have Hotlanta defending a Hawk, you know he is right.

fpliii
03-18-2013, 12:47 AM
Really?

Al Horford is a face up big man. He spends more time out of the paint than in the paint. Yet, averages 10 rebounds. Also, if you choose Horford over Gasol, it's not like you totally screw the passing up. Gasol is NOT in anyway near as a rebounder or efficient player that Horford is.

Gasol's outstanding team defense is the key here though. With a great help defender like JSmoove you don't need it from Horford, but that's what I prioritize. It's tough to defend Gasol's rebounding though, even playing alongside ZBo and living in the high post I'd like 10 boards a game with his tools.

It's really hard for me to comment on the Hawks though, admittedly I only watch you guys 5-10 times a year. How's Horford defensively (both man-to-man and help D)?

Hotlantadude81
03-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Really?

I think it's debatable. But people are making Gasol out to be a bit better than he is.

Hotlantadude81
03-18-2013, 01:09 AM
Gasol's outstanding team defense is the key here though. With a great help defender like JSmoove you don't need it from Horford, but that's what I prioritize. It's tough to defend Gasol's rebounding though, even playing alongside ZBo and living in the high post I'd like 10 boards a game with his tools.

It's really hard for me to comment on the Hawks though, admittedly I only watch you guys 5-10 times a year. How's Horford defensively (both man-to-man and help D)?

Not that Al is a great defender or anything, but the Hawks guards are trash on the defensive end. When you're counting on Stevenson for defense at this stage, you know you don't have much D at the swing spots and Teague nor Harris are good defenders.

Richesly
03-18-2013, 01:28 AM
Not that Al is a great defender or anything, but the Hawks guards are trash on the defensive end. When you're counting on Stevenson for defense at this stage, you know you don't have much D at the swing spots and Teague nor Harris are good defenders.

Dahntay Jones has really helped us here. Josh Smith has seemed to lost a step when it comes to his perimeter defense lately.

Dahntay and Stevenson are really our only good perimeter defenders. Most of the time guards get to the paint untouched, and at that point it's not easy to stop a full speed guard.

Where as Grizzlies have quite a bit of defense.

Tony Allen, Tayshaun Prince, Wroten, etc. let's not act like Gasol has no help.

However, one downfall on Al is his post defense. He isn't very strong. I would say he may be a bit stronger than Bosh. He easily gets backed down by some of the stronger bigs in the league.

Bigsmoke
03-18-2013, 01:41 AM

the fact that the Grizz defense is elite mostly due to their perimeter guys is what makes Gasol's job a lot more easy than it is to anyother 5 in the league.

like someone in this thread said earlier, Horford can score at will against this "DPOY calibur center"

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=horfoal01&p2=gasolma01

Hotlantadude81
03-18-2013, 02:20 AM
the fact that the Grizz defense is elite mostly due to their perimeter guys is what makes Gasol's job a lot more easy than it is to anyother 5 in the league.

like someone in this thread said earlier, Horford can score at will against this "DPOY calibur center"

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=horfoal01&p2=gasolma01

WOW... They've owned Memphis.

TaLvsCuaL
03-18-2013, 02:37 AM
I do not like this kind of comparisons, and even more when based on individual stats in a team game like basketball.

I really love both, they are great team players and crucial in their respective teams. Their stats do not show it's real value, for that reason are underrated

FKAri
03-18-2013, 02:59 AM
Marc Gasol is one of my favorite players in the league. I think he's quite misunderstood. Certain aspects of his game get overrated, while others get underrated. The guy can put up points but just isn't aggressive in looking for his shot and when he does it's usually a jumper from way out. But since he's often situated in the high post that's what he has to work with.

Hotlantadude81
03-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Marc Gasol is one of my favorite players in the league. I think he's quite misunderstood. Certain aspects of his game get overrated, while others get underrated. The guy can put up points but just isn't aggressive in looking for his shot and when he does it's usually a jumper from way out. But since he's often situated in the high post that's what he has to work with.

Al is somewhat the same way. Plenty of times he is content with just standing by and watching Josh Smith launch jumper after jumper.

kurple
03-18-2013, 12:23 PM
i've wanted horford in denver for a while now

but how has this thread reached 4 pages? it's marc.

Whoah10115
03-18-2013, 01:24 PM

Pre all star: 3.6APG
Post all star: 4.9APG

Dummy.

Besides, there is Teague, Harris, Lou and Josh Smith that handle the ball a good bit. Who does Memphis have other than Conley?

The bottom line is that the difference isn't that huge. Not as much as some want to believe.

Overall, I think it's debatable. The evidence points to Al being a better scorer, shooter and rebounder. Gasol is a better defender and a bit better as a passer. Pick one.

Uhh boy...I said, specifically, that his APG has been within 0.1-0.2 of his current average. Having a stretch is not the same as what you're talking about. And you didn't call me out on anything. You said 3.6APG prior to him being traded. It just went up to 3.9. That's what I said. Wait, that's 0.1 more than I said...is that where you got me?

It's not remotely debatable. You can point to all the evidence you think you have. Marc Gasol is much better.

Whoah10115
03-18-2013, 01:28 PM
A team for of elite defenders vs a team full of elite scorers... Who wins.

The answer is obviously, basketball is an offensive game that's why scores are so high. It's a lot easier to score than stop someone from scoring especially when you take into account the error totally on themselves from the scorer.

Al Horford brings more to the table than Gasol. Gasol's only real advatage is defense, they are both elite passers. It's like saying someone who averages 11 apg vs someone who average 10 apg is a much better passer.

You're a half game ahead of two better teams...one who beats you every year, that is about to pass you, despite being 3 games under .500 just a month ago, and another who has been without the MVP for the whole year. You're a game out of 7th. They're in 3rd in the Western Conference. You have Josh Smith (who is better than anyone on Memphis), Jeff Teague (your future star who you talk up) and you play in the East. So if offense always wins out, why aren't you winning out?

No Evans!
03-18-2013, 03:21 PM
You're a half game ahead of two better teams...one who beats you every year, that is about to pass you, despite being 3 games under .500 just a month ago, and another who has been without the MVP for the whole year. You're a game out of 7th. They're in 3rd in the Western Conference. You have Josh Smith (who is better than anyone on Memphis), Jeff Teague (your future star who you talk up) and you play in the East. So if offense always wins out, why aren't you winning out?

So Josh Smith is better than anyone on Memphis and Marc Gasol is much better than Al Horford? So Smith > Gasol >>> Horford? Nah.

Whoah10115
03-18-2013, 04:03 PM
So Josh Smith is better than anyone on Memphis and Marc Gasol is much better than Al Horford? So Smith > Gasol >>> Horford? Nah.

What?

No Evans!
03-18-2013, 05:08 PM
What?

In your post you said Josh Smith is better than anyone on Memphis. In the previous post you said Gasol is much better than Horford. Therefore, you must think Smith is much much better than Horford, no?

Whoah10115
03-18-2013, 05:31 PM
In your post you said Josh Smith is better than anyone on Memphis. In the previous post you said Gasol is much better than Horford. Therefore, you must think Smith is much much better than Horford, no?

Well, when I said Smith was better than anyone on the Grizzlies, I was talking about casts outside the two players in question (Horford and Gasol). I wasn't including those guys.

But yea, Josh Smith is a better player than Al Horford.

No Evans!
03-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Well, when I said Smith was better than anyone on the Grizzlies, I was talking about casts outside the two players in question (Horford and Gasol). I wasn't including those guys.

Welp, it's good to have disagreement.

Whoah10115
03-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Welp, it's good to have disagreement.

So you think Horford is the better player?

No Evans!
03-18-2013, 06:32 PM
So you think Horford is the better player?

Yes

Hotlantadude81
03-23-2013, 06:06 AM
Uhh boy...I said, specifically, that his APG has been within 0.1-0.2 of his current average. Having a stretch is not the same as what you're talking about. And you didn't call me out on anything. You said 3.6APG prior to him being traded. It just went up to 3.9. That's what I said. Wait, that's 0.1 more than I said...is that where you got me?

It's not remotely debatable. You can point to all the evidence you think you have. Marc Gasol is much better.

He was averaging 1.5 APG more after the all star break (Which is basically when Gay was traded) than before. His assists started going up after the trade. Either way, the Hawks are loaded with guys that handle the ball. Guys like Teague, Harris, Williams and Josh Smith. It's amazing actually that Al gets over 3APG with all of these guys. Pretty impressive IMO.

It is debatable. Marc Gasol is a mediocre scorer, a so so rebounder right now and his FG is less than impressive to boot. He is a marginally better passer... And a better shot blocker and a better defender. If you want a scorer, rebounder, a good passer and one of the best big man mid range guys you go with Al. If you want better defense than you go with Gasol.

You severely overrate Gasol. He is not all that great. Sorry, but you're wrong.

Al has been outplaying Gasol by a ton the second half.

20.7PPG
11.8RPG
56%FG
3.3APG
1.4BLK

Gasol:

15.9PPG
7.6RPG
4.6APG
52%FG
1.8BLK

Give me a break.

Hotlantadude81
03-23-2013, 06:08 AM

The evidence doesn't support that.

Tking714
03-23-2013, 06:10 AM

He's splitting rebounds with Zach Randolph that's why

Hotlantadude81
03-23-2013, 06:12 AM
He's splitting rebounds with Zach Randolph that's why

Only one guy on a team can rebound?

Paul George rebounds at Gasol's level and he plays with West and Hibbert.

brandonislegend
03-23-2013, 06:14 AM
If you put Kevin Love at center he would be the same player as Al Horford, good rebounder, good scorer, liability on defense. Marc controls the game from everywhere.

Hotlantadude81
03-23-2013, 06:17 AM
If you put Kevin Love at center he would be the same player as Al Horford, good rebounder, good scorer, liability on defense. Marc controls the game from everywhere.

20.7PPG
11.8RPG
56%FG
3.3APG
1.4BLK

Gasol:

15.9PPG
7.6RPG
4.6APG
52%FG
1.8BLK

Tking714
03-23-2013, 06:18 AM
Only one guy on a team can rebound?

Zach is eating up 12 rebounds a game. 4 of those are offensive rebounds. The rest are defensive rebounds, about 8. There's only so many defensive rebounds in a game; and Zach hogs em while Gasol contests. His offensive rebounds are lower because he creates from the high post

Just saying the numbers are deceiving because of his positioning.

Hotlantadude81
03-23-2013, 06:28 AM
Zach is eating up 12 rebounds a game. 4 of those are offensive rebounds. The rest are defensive rebounds, about 8. There's only so many defensive rebounds in a game; and Zach hogs em while Gasol contests. His offensive rebounds are lower because he creates from the high post

Just saying the numbers are deceiving because of his positioning.

I don't think it completely excuses it. I understand that there is some effect, but guys who want to hit the boards will rebound. Without Zbo... I would say Gasol is somewhere around 1RPG better. He might hit nine. Gasol's assist numbers are helped by the fact that Conley is about the only other real ball handler that Memphis has, and perhaps Zbo hurts his rebounding some.

The fact is that at center Al is a better shooter, scorer, rebounder and his passing and shot blocking really isn't that far off. Gasol's only big advantage is in the defense department. While Al isn't a bad defender, he doesn't really control the game on that end of the floor. But he's not 7'1 either.

Tking714
03-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Paul George is the best rebounder on the Pacers. Speaks more to his level of talent, than a discredit to Gasol.

My only gripe with Horfords rebound numbers vs Gasols is that Horford shares rebounds with only Smith and Pachulia. Who combined barely even equal Randolph. Gasol also had Rudy snatching about 7 before he left, and now Tayshaun and Tony Allen who are decent on the boards and get you about 10-13 together on any night. Kyle Korver isn't going near the boards.

Horford is a clear cut #1 option scorer though and has Gasol beat there no question.

Hotlantadude81
03-23-2013, 06:50 AM
Paul George is the best rebounder on the Pacers. Speaks more to his level of talent, than a discredit to Gasol.

My only gripe with Horfords rebound numbers vs Gasols is that Horford shares rebounds with only Smith and Pachulia. Who combined barely even equal Randolph. Gasol also had Rudy snatching about 7 before he left, and now Tayshaun and Tony Allen who are decent on the boards and get you about 10-13 together on any night. Kyle Korver isn't going near the boards.

Horford is a clear cut #1 option scorer though and has Gasol beat there no question.

I'm just pointing out that more than one guy on a team can hit the boards.

So far Gasol's rebounding hasn't went up after Gay was traded. In fact, his rebounding is lower the second half despite playing 3 more mins per game than the first half:

Yeah, it's only 17 games... But...

Truth is that everyone has made their feelings felt and I don't think anyone is changing anyone's mind. So whatever.

Graviton
03-23-2013, 07:56 AM
Gasol got raped by Robin Lopez on the boards, and Z-Bo was owned by The Brow as well.

It's clear Horford is the better scorer, shooter and rebounder. Gasol's passing and defense doesn't make up for the two biggest advantages a big man has.

HeyIt'sMe
03-23-2013, 07:17 PM
I'll repeat - since Al Horford and Gasol have been in the NBA (both came in the same year in the same draft class), Horford is a staggering 6-0 against him and has badly outplayed him each time.

Horford > Gasol. He just is.

atljonesbro
03-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Picking Gasol is like the hipster choice because people grasp onto the "he does so much not on the stat sheet". It's kind of like people just picking a les known rapper due to the fact they are less known thinking that will make them sound more knowledgeable. The problem with that is Horford does too and is QUITE SUPERIOR on the stat sheet as well. Horford has way to many advantages over Gasol not to pick him.