PDA

View Full Version : Most disapointing player of 2012/13!

East_Stone_Ya
03-19-2013, 07:57 AM
who is the most disapointing player so far this season?

my vote goes to Gerald Wallace.

http://www.nba.com/media/act_gerald_wallace.jpg

He get's 31 minutes a night and yet manages to produce 8.2ppg on 395 FG%?? That is really bad for an starter.

Mr Exlax
03-19-2013, 08:02 AM
I think it's Roy Hibbert by a landslide. I don't know his numbers, but during the games he's looked horrible at times and below average other times. Couple that with that big ass contract and how he played before the contract he gets my vote.

UK-NJ
03-19-2013, 08:04 AM
I'd probably go along with that if I'm honest. His outside game is as unreliable as ever, but the real disappointment is how poor his finishing at the rim has been this year. He never seems to be fully in control of his movement as he attacks the basket.

He was asked what he could do to snap out of his shooting slump after the loss against the Hawks, to which he responded:

"Make a shot," he said. "A layup, something. Any f------ thing. F---. Throw trash in a trash can. Anything. See anything go in."

:oldlol:

fpliii
03-19-2013, 08:09 AM
I think it's Roy Hibbert by a landslide. I don't know his numbers, but during the games he's looked horrible at times and below average other times. Couple that with that big ass contract and how he played before the contract he gets my vote.

Though I'd like to see better offense/rebounding, he is anchoring the #1 defense (they were 14th, 12th, 9th his first three seasons) so it's not completely undeserved.

andremiller07
03-19-2013, 08:14 AM
The whole Kings roster outside Hayes/Patterson/JT

Graviton
03-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Gotta be Deng, dude gets payed 13 million just to play like Austin Rivers and do basically nothing on the court. Shoulda done the surgery.

fpliii
03-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Gotta be Deng, dude gets payed 13 million just to play like Austin Rivers and do basically nothing on the court. Shoulda done the surgery.

Even though I'm not a Rose guy (and I love me some Noah), I've only watched like 3 or 4 Bulls game this season. He needs to come back...

BlackWhiteGreen
03-19-2013, 08:32 AM

:oldlol:

He plays about 40 minutes a game (50 last night) and plays elite defence. What were you expecting from him? 25ppg or something?

InspiredLebowski
03-19-2013, 08:50 AM
I think it's Roy Hibbert by a landslide. I don't know his numbers, but during the games he's looked horrible at times and below average other times. Couple that with that big ass contract and how he played before the contract he gets my vote.You clearly don't have league pass. Hibbert's a DPOY candidate.

GOBB_Junior
03-19-2013, 09:02 AM

He get's 31 minutes a night and yet manages to produce 8.2ppg on 395 FG%?? That is really bad for an starter.

How the mighty has fallen. G-force averaged a double double a couple of seasons ago.

kshutts1
03-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Andrew Bynum, Steve Nash, Iguodala, Scola, Thornton... all of them have disappointed me.

chains5000
03-19-2013, 09:07 AM
How the mighty has fallen. G-force averaged a double double a couple of seasons ago.
Why did your Lebron23 account get banned?

El Kabong
03-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Michael Beasley. Thought he was gonna put up big numbers on a poor Suns team. Guy is even worse than he was on the T'Wolves.

no pun intended
03-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Landry Fields and Royce White. Though I still have hope for both of them!

EricGordon23
03-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Bynum. Eric Gordon and Demar derozan

CeltsGarlic
03-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Landry Fields and Royce White. Though I still have hope for both of them!

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

East_Stone_Ya
03-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Michael Beasley. Thought he was gonna put up big numbers on a poor Suns team. Guy is even worse than he was on the T'Wolves.

actually I also thought that he would put up crazy numbers this season but in reality got relegated to the bench :facepalm

Spaulding
03-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Disappointing*

I'd say Bynum and DWill.

Xiao Yao You
03-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Marvin Williams

MMM
03-19-2013, 12:10 PM
In defense of Crash, his playing style wasn't going to allow him to sustain earlier production. He is more suitable to playing his game off the bench which might help him become effective.

Whoah10115
03-19-2013, 12:23 PM
The Deng choice is ridiculous.

Gerald Wallace has played great defense and is busting his ass everywhere, playing the glue guy. Hibbert has been more a disappointment. Still has more attempts than points I think (at least it's close). But his defense is also great.

Nezty
03-19-2013, 12:29 PM

I think it might be because of the injuries and playing with Joe Johnson. Everyone on that team is shooting bad.

Levity
03-19-2013, 12:30 PM
easy choice for me. Demarcus Cousins

With the way he finished last sesaon, and being selected for the USA select team this past summer, I had high expectations for him this season. And though he's shown signs of being truly elite, he just cant keep his head straight for more than a handful of games at a time. Truly a let down this season. I honestly saw him putting up something close to 20/11 a game

pegasus
03-19-2013, 12:41 PM
It's gotta be Bynum. The Sixers were a few good plays away from reaching the ECF last year, and this year they are a few losses and some good luck away from getting the number 1 pick in the draft.

Bigsmoke
03-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Demar derozan i guess

i thought he was going to be that next big thing

East_Stone_Ya
03-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Gerald Wallace has played great defense and is busting his ass everywhere, playing the glue guy.

I don't think Nets wanted to pay 40 million for a glue guy

Alan Ogg
03-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Pau never really hit a stride this year.

Kungfro
03-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Demar derozan i guess

i thought he was going to be that next big thing

I'm not sure why you would think that. I don't think there are any Raptor fans here that expected much more then what he's been giving us this season.

ChuckOakley
03-19-2013, 03:16 PM
They don't care. They paid $12m a year for a POS. (Hump)

Mine:

Bynum - more injuries, cost Philly the season

Hibbert - Indy is an excellent defensive team with Hibbert off the court as well and their starting 5 are all excellent defensive players. Hibbert though has thoroughly regressed offensively after getting a Max.

G.Wallace - a bad trade made worse by a bad contract and even worse play.

Nash/Dwight - neither player has had the impact the Lakers had hoped and a major reason why they are finally and barely an 8th seed.

Bogut - more injuries, more inconsistency from the player they thought would take them to the next level, yet they are better when he doesn't play

Cousins - no signs of growth this season at all.

Bargnani - just when you thought it couldn't get worse for him, it did.

Suckafree
03-19-2013, 03:32 PM
After a great start, OJ Mayo has really fallen flat.

East_Stone_Ya
03-19-2013, 04:38 PM
After a great start, OJ Mayo has really fallen flat.

he get's less touches because Dirk is back and he is having a great season

ProfessorMurder
03-19-2013, 04:48 PM

They try to turn him into a 3 point shooter, which he's not. He's a slasher with a poor outside shot. Bad fit on the team in my opinion, he could be killing it elsewhere.

kaiteng
03-19-2013, 04:53 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9YtUqnobJy4/UIXtL4k4MQI/AAAAAAAAA7Y/CWRXxGWfOCI/s1600/bargnani-pigging-out.jpg

ChuckOakley
03-19-2013, 04:54 PM
They try to turn him into a 3 point shooter, which he's not. He's a slasher with a poor outside shot. Bad fit on the team in my opinion, he could be killing it elsewhere.
And yet when he slashes he can't make his lay-ups.. or free throws.

Whoah10115
03-19-2013, 05:01 PM

I agree but I think he's holding the team down, considering all-around inconsistency. He'll be better in the playoffs.

He has to start wanting to play on offense tho.

fsvr54
03-19-2013, 05:17 PM
Cousins and Mayo

Suckafree
03-19-2013, 05:19 PM
he get's less touches because Dirk is back and he is having a great season

This is true. But they are still taking around about the same amount of shots. If ever there was a season for Mayo to really break out it was this one. I think Dirk is ready to take a backseat for the regular season and let a young gun do the majority of the heavy lifting for the mavs.

I think maybe my expectations were too high for him. After his hot start I expected him to maybe move up to 21-22ish ppg territory. I thought Dirk would relieve Mayo of some pressure and open up the floor for him to get buckets. Instead, he's looked like more of a facilitator since Dirk's been back (Which isn't a bad thing).

In saying that, Mayo is still averaging 17/4.5 on .465 FG% and 42 3P%. Which is good, but for the first two months of the season people were putting him in Harden/D-wade territory, which in retrospect, was premature to begin with.

Hopefully, with Dirk getting older, Mayo can take more of a lead role on this Mavs squad for one more playoff push next year (Assuming Dirk doesn't retire).

Scholar
03-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Easily Andrew Bynum. Because of last season, he was being touted as a top 2 Center in the NBA. In fact, some of my friends who are LAL fans were mad that they traded Bynum; however, he hasn't played a single game this season!

Whoah10115
03-19-2013, 08:24 PM
It's possible that the Mavs offense needs more of a jumpshooter at that 2guard spot. Maybe Mayo can only do so much in it.

I liked the thought of Brandon Jennings as their PG. I think that, maybe, that is where Collison's struggles started...off to a good start, with intelligent play, and then playing like an idiot. Maybe the 2guard spot is where the dynamic play is needed and the SG is the spot for the great shooter. Mayo has been that, but he's not an off-ball player, so he's not quite killin it.

#number6ix#
03-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Easily D-Will

La Frescobaldi
03-19-2013, 08:47 PM
You clearly don't have league pass. Hibbert's a DPOY candidate.

I thought it was just me.

People think Hibbert is supposed to be offensive juggernaut and I sometimes think Hibbert believes that crap his own self. That is missing entirely what Big Roy is all about.

That team is like a kaleidoscope rolling right around that big Center... any way you turn it, it just throws off more beautiful patterns of defense. I have been awestruck at times by the force inside that team & to me a lot of that is what you say - a valid DPOY candidate.

People talk up M Gasol & rightly so. But the H Factor is right up there tops.

If they can stay together and keep their health Indy's bound to be great over seasons.

G-train
03-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Yeah Hibbs has been good all season defensively, and better offensively since his wrist healed.

G-train
03-19-2013, 08:50 PM

Good choice.

KeyNote
03-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Pau Gasol

between the pouting and wining + the terrible #s and expectations coming off a crazy good showing in the olympics

went from key cog to primary trade chip/amnesty victim in a matter of months

East_Stone_Ya
03-20-2013, 05:11 AM
but for the first two months of the season people were putting him in Harden/D-wade territory

really? :oldlol: :facepalm

i guess some people are really fast to make comparisons :lol

but overall I disagree because he surely ain't the most dissapointing..even in his own team. That is Brand or Kaman

stevieming
03-20-2013, 05:18 AM

totally...I thought he was going to breakout big time like Tmac or something...

really disappointed..

dude just doesn't have the desire..

El Kabong
03-20-2013, 05:25 AM
Easily D-Will
At least he sort of has an excuse. Guy is banged up with bone spurs in his ankles and getting injections so he can play.

InspiredLebowski
03-20-2013, 06:26 AM
That team is like a kaleidoscope rolling right around that big Center... any way you turn it, it just throws off more beautiful patterns of defense.Consider this stolen.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
03-20-2013, 11:15 AM
This is true. But they are still taking around about the same amount of shots. If ever there was a season for Mayo to really break out it was this one. I think Dirk is ready to take a backseat for the regular season and let a young gun do the majority of the heavy lifting for the mavs.

I think maybe my expectations were too high for him. After his hot start I expected him to maybe move up to 21-22ish ppg territory. I thought Dirk would relieve Mayo of some pressure and open up the floor for him to get buckets. Instead, he's looked like more of a facilitator since Dirk's been back (Which isn't a bad thing).

In saying that, Mayo is still averaging 17/4.5 on .465 FG% and 42 3P%. Which is good, but for the first two months of the season people were putting him in Harden/D-wade territory, which in retrospect, was premature to begin with.

Hopefully, with Dirk getting older, Mayo can take more of a lead role on this Mavs squad for one more playoff push next year (Assuming Dirk doesn't retire).

http://rantsports.media.s3.amazonaws.com/nba/files/2013/03/uspw_7117210.jpg

O.J. Mayo wins this award easily. Guys like Beasley were never good to begin with. Mayo on the other hand for the first two months of the season, albeit premature , was in the James Harden/Dwyane Wade conversation. And has fallen hard.

Since Dirk return, Mayo has fallen flat on his face. You think having Dirk would alleviate all the pressure he was receiving in the beginning of the year, but in-nope. He is one of the most passive scorers right now in the NBA.

Mayo has all-star talent, but his lack athleticism while being an undersized SG with sub-par ball handling along with a passive mentality has held him back his entire career and has prevented him from taking that next step into the all-star catergory