PDA

View Full Version : A Healthy Miami Heat Without Lebron Would Still Make The NBA Finals

IGOTGAME
03-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Just goes to show how horrible the Eastern Conference is...

Human Error
03-19-2013, 01:34 PM
I don't think the lineup of Chalmers / Wade / Battier / Haslem / Bosh would beat the Pacers or the Bulls.

IGOTGAME
03-19-2013, 01:35 PM
I don't think the lineup of Chalmers / Wade / Battier / Haslem / Bosh would beat the Pacers or the Bulls.

Really? I think they would beat either one. Wade is still that guy and Bosh is a HOFer who can take on a bigger role.

lilgodfather1
03-19-2013, 01:36 PM
You obviously don't watch many Heat games. The Heat fall apart at times when LeBron is on the bench. It's actually kind of sad. DWade, and Bosh just can't hold onto a lead, or keep a game in check when LeBron isn't on the court sometimes. It's like playing with the 2009 Cavs where LeBron would go to the bench with a 10 point lead, and come back down 5.

pauk
03-19-2013, 01:37 PM
:facepalm

#number6ix#
03-19-2013, 01:39 PM
It depends what team would Lebron be playing for bulls,Knicks, Cleveland???

GOBB_Junior
03-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Who's going to replace him? LBJ is leading the Heat in points, rebounds, assists, win shares (defensive and offensive win shares), FG%, and PER.

Mr. Incredible
03-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Wrong again. Just accept that LeBron is the daddy of the league.

IGOTGAME
03-19-2013, 01:48 PM
It depends what team would Lebron be playing for bulls,Knicks, Cleveland???

just put him in the western conference.

The heat would still have the best 2 players in the conference.

TheMan
03-19-2013, 01:51 PM
As a Bulls fan, we would love to face a LBJless Heat...

#number6ix#
03-19-2013, 01:52 PM
I don't think Miami could beat Boston without Lebron Avery Bradley does a good job on wade and bosh would have his hands full with KG and let's not even bring up the pacers and their lock down D... The east is weaker than the west but don't act like all the teams Garbage

nathanjizzle
03-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Where were the heat then in 07 08 09 10

DuMa
03-19-2013, 01:54 PM
yes.... no.

IGOTGAME
03-19-2013, 01:55 PM

i guess i missed the part where they had a hof 4 man back then...

btw...Celtics, Pacers, Bulls are all 3rd tier teams. They would all lose in the 1st round in the west.

pegasus
03-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Rose- injured, Rondo- injured, Howard- gone, Knicks- injured, Granger- injured. Hmm, did I miss anyone? Oh yes, Lebron- assumed injured. Yes, I'd like the chances of Miami making the NBA finals very much.

dh144498
03-19-2013, 02:07 PM
easily, lebron isn't even the best player on his team.

TMT
03-19-2013, 02:08 PM
False, the Heat are actually pretty mediocre without Lebron on the floor. Their ceiling would probably be ECF if everything went right, and that's with them playing in an already very weak Eastern Conference.

theBIGjabroni
03-19-2013, 02:12 PM
no bosh retard

Master Templar
03-19-2013, 02:19 PM
The Heat without Lebron would still be a playoff team, but most likely a lower seed (6-8). Bron fills a lot of holes that the team has. The only reason they can start soft ass Chris Bosh at C is because Bron is there to pick up the slack when it comes to rebounding (He leads the team, even while playing out of position at the 4). Outside of Wade, no one else can create their own shot as well as facilitate for others (Bron leads the team in both points and assists), so when Wade is out the team would rely on Norris Cole to be the playmaker on the court :lol

They would suffer pretty noticably defensively, seeing as how Bron is their best defender from the 1-4 positions, and can even play the 5 from time to time.

No way they get past Chicago, Boston, a healthy NY, and especially not Indiana, they're frontline would be decimated by the Pacers.

And for the record, I don't think Bosh is a HOFer. What has he done besides lead his franchise to lottery status and then be a distant third wheel on Lebron/Wade's team?

Rysio
03-19-2013, 02:25 PM
of course they would you can even take bosh off the team and they still make the finals. the east is so weak this year might be even weaker than it was in 07 and it was pathetic back then.

dh144498
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
no bosh retard

:lol

cltcfn2924
03-19-2013, 02:59 PM

Maybe eighth seed. Are you kidding me?

tmacattack33
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Indiana, NY, and Boston would beat them.

Lebron's rebounding would be highly missed...amongst his obvious other amazing traits: passing, scoring, and versatiliy on defense.

Jolokia
03-19-2013, 03:16 PM
You obviously don't watch many Heat games. The Heat fall apart at times when LeBron is on the bench. It's actually kind of sad. DWade, and Bosh just can't hold onto a lead, or keep a game in check when LeBron isn't on the court sometimes. It's like playing with the 2009 Cavs where LeBron would go to the bench with a 10 point lead, and come back down 5.
It was actually the other way around when Wade went out with foul trouble in the first...

tazb
03-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Against a good defensive team when LeBron is not on the floor the Miami Heat are no better than the Bobcats.

RoundMoundOfReb
03-19-2013, 03:25 PM
A healthy OP would still be a ******.

willds09
03-19-2013, 03:28 PM
or tha knicks:no:

willds09
03-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Just goes to show how horrible the Eastern Conference is...
get off that stuff u smoking right now man:roll:

willds09
03-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Wrong again. Just accept that LeBron is the daddy of the league.
naw hes your daddy:lol

willds09
03-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Rose- injured, Rondo- injured, Howard- gone, Knicks- injured, Granger- injured. Hmm, did I miss anyone? Oh yes, Lebron- assumed injured. Yes, I'd like the chances of Miami making the NBA finals very much.
but if knicks get healthy, miami will not go tha finals:no:

SilkkTheShocker
03-19-2013, 03:35 PM
It was actually the other way around when Wade went out with foul trouble in the first...

You're one of the last few Heat fans I see that take shots at LeBron to prop up Wade. You must be Heat007

Twiens
03-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Bosh
Haslem
Batter
Allen
Wade

Still easily the best in the East IMO

willds09
03-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Bosh
Haslem
Batter
Allen
Wade

Still easily the best in the East IMO
:facepalm

nathanjizzle
03-19-2013, 04:33 PM
i guess i missed the part where they had a hof 4 man back then...

btw...Celtics, Pacers, Bulls are all 3rd tier teams. They would all lose in the 1st round in the west.

chris bosh that much better than alonzo morning? your opinion is wrong. bulls a third tier team? wrong :facepalm

Foster5k
03-19-2013, 05:35 PM
I agree with the OP.

Lebron makes them favorites to win the championship.

However, without Lebron, they would still win the East.

Wade + Bosh with all the other weapons would still be the best combination currently in the East. They would get out of the East. With Lebron, they are unstoppable and high favorites to win it all.

Ikill
03-19-2013, 05:42 PM
I think they would be a 50-52 win team without Lebron I think the Pacers and a healthy Knicks would beat them.

Lord Leoshes
03-19-2013, 06:11 PM
As long as Wade is 100% healthy, & Bosh clearly knows that he will be the clear cut 2nd option on the team, while the supporting cast just do what they do & hell yeah Wade could carry them to the eastern finals like he has done before.

lilgodfather1
03-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Last night for example with LeBron in the third, without Wade the Heat are within 1 point when he checks out, and have all the momentum. Wade comes in to "lead" the way, and thei down by 10 when he comes back in. LeBron clearly is the only reason they won the game, as evidenced by his 4th quarter stats.

SpaceJammeR
03-19-2013, 06:26 PM
no just no. miami loses someone who leads them in scoring, rebound and assist. not to mention his defense. if you watch miami games, you would know that when lebron is on the bench, then miami's offense just crumbles.

ripthekik
03-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Yes. Without Lebron, Wade's scoring will go straight up as the man of the team. Bosh would be a great 2nd option, his rebounding will go straight up.
They still have all the shooters and great rebounders.

I dont know if taken into consideration, but basically instead of lebron's max contract, just get another rebounding big man. That's enough to beat most of the league.

Definitely Eaastern conference, and possibly champions.

red1
03-19-2013, 09:38 PM
I dont know about that. With lbj they are a lock but without him I dont see them getting past indiana and even the rose-less bulls and struggling knicks would make it a tight series

ripthekik
03-19-2013, 09:46 PM
I dont know about that. With lbj they are a lock but without him I dont see them getting past indiana and even the rose-less bulls and struggling knicks would make it a tight series
playoffs is all about star power.
with Wade, Bosh, Ray, they have more stars and power than any other team in the East. Plus, the experience of these guys are crazy.. They have a combined 4 rings together.

RRR3
03-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Ray Allen isn't a star now. Chalmers and Battier are probably more important.

ripthekik
03-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Ray Allen isn't a star now. Chalmers and Battier are probably more important.
For someone who watches the Heat, this is one of the dumbest things I've seen. Battier possibly, even Chalmers? :roll: :roll:

Just 2 games ago, Ray Allen single handedly destroyed the Raptors by hitting 2,3 three's in the fourth after being tied. He gave them the lead that eventually gave them the win. That is his power.

who t f chalmer? :roll:
I've watched the last 2 heat games without even noticing him

RRR3
03-19-2013, 09:54 PM
The Heat do worse with Ray on the floor a lot of the time. He's not a star anymore.

ripthekik
03-19-2013, 09:57 PM
The Heat do worse with Ray on the floor a lot of the time. He's not a star anymore.
In the beginning of the season, he hit like 5+ game winners and gave the heat tons of wins. In the playoffs, this is the exact type of guy you need, the guy that will kill you. He'll single handedly give the Heat a few wins.

RRR3
03-19-2013, 09:59 PM
In the beginning of the season, he hit like 5+ game winners and gave the heat tons of wins. In the playoffs, this is the exact type of guy you need, the guy that will kill you. He'll single handedly give the Heat a few wins.
Do you know what "single handedly" means? I don't think you do, because Ray hasn't "single handedly" won a game for the Heat all year.

ripthekik
03-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Do you know what "single handedly" means? I don't think you do, because Ray hasn't "single handedly" won a game for the Heat all year.
Let me rephrase that for you then. Without Ray, Heat would not have won those games.

che guevara
03-19-2013, 10:33 PM
:oldlol: By "5+", I think you meant "3". All of them assisted by Lebron, btw.

Y2Gezee
03-20-2013, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't guarantee Finals (still wouldn't with Lebron).

But they would be right there for the top seed in the conference, and probably leading. That says a lot.

Mr. Jabbar
03-20-2013, 12:22 AM
No doubt. And the chances of winning them increases.

Baller1986
03-20-2013, 12:39 AM
Lakers are 2-1 without Kobe. LeBron is the heart and soul of the Miami Heat. Without LeBron the Pacers and Celtics would have beaten them in the 2012 NBA Playoffs.

Y2Gezee
03-20-2013, 12:52 AM
Lakers are 2-1 without Kobe. LeBron is the heart and soul of the Miami Heat. Without LeBron the Pacers and Celtics would have beaten them in the 2012 NBA Playoffs.

Way to come out of left field with this sizzling info :applause:

G-Funk
03-20-2013, 01:27 AM
they will still make the Finals and have a legit shot at a ring

KOBE143
03-20-2013, 01:35 AM
No doubt. And the chances of winning them increases.
this :applause:

They have a better chance to win it all without BronBron.. Who's gonna stop the heat if LeBron is out? You know 2011 finals.. :confusedshrug:

tazb
03-20-2013, 02:01 AM
Lets flip the switch here. Replace Wade (an unselfish superstar) with Kobe (very selfish star, legendary for his 30 points on 30 shots) on this current, stacked Lakers team and they would 3-peat easily.

Baller1986
03-20-2013, 02:19 AM
Lets flip the switch here. Replace Wade (an unselfish superstar) with Kobe (very selfish star, legendary for his 30 points on 30 shots) on this current, stacked Lakers team and they would 3-peat easily.

I'll flip the switch again. Replace Lebron with Kobe on this current, stacked Lakers team, and they would 3 peat easily.

C- Dwight Howard
F- Pau Gasol
F- LeBron James
G- Jodie Meeks
G- Steve Nash

Bench: Jamison, Earl Clark, Ron Artest, Robert Sacre and Steve Blake

Looks like a much better team than the Heat on paper. LeBron is going to put up better numbers in the Mike D'Antoni offense.

detroitdogg
03-20-2013, 04:07 AM
U obviously only watched the beginning when even I thought Wade lost a step cause that was actually the absolute truth, they did struggle with Bron out. However, its been the complete opposite over this 23 game streak since Wade has been healthy and the Heat fall off when Wade is out and Bron is out there without either, they are OK when bron is out there with bosh and no Wade. Im willing to bet whatever that the numbers over the last 23 games support this. Where can I find that shit at?

Kingwillball
03-20-2013, 04:38 AM
LOL at this thread full of Pathetic Laker/Kobe stans making asinine statement after statement. Too many to even respond to them all but want to say do you guys REALLY believe some of what your writing ? I mean I really find it hard to not believe that some of these posts are nothing more than blatant trolling just to be annoying to Heat / Lebron fans. If not and you really believe what you are writing than you people really are just morons who are not that smart.

Bottom Line Heat are a lot better team with Lebron as were the Cavs and are not a championship team without him. End of discussion. They would not come Close to a 23 gm winning streak without him and probably are fighting to the last week of the season for a top 3 seed in the East. If U replace Battier in starting Lineup and Miller as the Backup with no Lebron Heat Win at least 15 less games if not more. U think Pre Allstar break Wade coming back from Injury would of Lead the Heat like Lebron did first half of the season.. not even close. Remember the first 2 moths of the season people were saying Wade lost a step ect..Lebron also opens up the whole offense for everyone else including Wade. When Teams Double its on Lebron Not Wade. Without Lebron I doubt Heat beat the Pacers or healthy Celtics team. With him they have chance to go down as one of the best teams Ever if they somehow break winning streak record and win championship.

Nash
03-20-2013, 05:30 AM
Wow, people sometime really don't know basketball and what being deep really means. First of all, Miami still has a pretty mediocre bench. Except for Ray Allen it's not all that. They don't have guys who can even get their own shot off. They just look good because Lebron and Wade are always out there with them at all times.

Second, this team has no front court at all. People seem to be missing that. Bosh is not your typical big guy while the rest would be at the end of the bench on most teams in the NBA. Haslem, Joel Anthony, Jarvis Varnado, Birdman and Juwan Howard are not exactly hot property. Without Lebron on your team they will have to use their front court much more and those guys won't even be close to offering anything.

In reality, this team without Lebron is Wade and Bosh + a bunch of average NBA players and probably the weakest front court in the league. And let's not forget that Chalmers will have to become a full time point guard and lead this team which would not exactly do wonders for this team.

Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Allen
Battier/Miller
Haslem/Lewis/Juwan
Bosh/Birdman/Varnado

PG, One of the worst PG duo's in the league.
Good SG position
SF, complete shit on offense, good D from Battier
PF, :roll:
C, not your traditional center, might as well move Bosh back to PF without Lebron.

NBA finals.. yeah right.

ripthekik
03-20-2013, 05:35 AM
Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Allen
Battier/Miller
Haslem/Lewis/Juwan
Bosh/Birdman/Varnado

Damn, who the hell can beat this team in the east?

Nash
03-20-2013, 05:45 AM
Damn, who the hell can beat this team in the east?
Are you serious? Indiana would have no problems taking care of this team, Boston as well and a healthy Knicks could do the job. Indiana are very good, they have a great front court with Hibbert and West and back court with Hill and Paul George.

Please use your brain and stop trolling, you should know basketball at this point. You don't get to the finals by taking away the best player in the world and leaving them with the worst front court and a very bad bench. Lebron makes all their weaknesses work and without him they'd be on display for every team to utilize.

ripthekik
03-20-2013, 05:48 AM
Are you serious? Indiana would have no problems taking care of this team, Boston as well and a healthy Knicks could do the job. Indiana are very good, they have a great front court with Hibbert and West and back court with Hill and Paul George.

Please use your brain and stop trolling, you should know basketball at this point. You don't get to the finals by taking away the best player in the world and leaving them with the worst front court and a very bad bench. Lebron makes all their weaknesses work and without him they'd be on display for every team to utilize.
Those teams just have the CHANCE of beating them. But if that Heat team is clicking, and Wade is doing his stuff, they can win and make their way to the finals no problem. Are you disputing the possibility of this happening?

Look at those teams you mention.. you couldn't even name one superstar in there :oldlol:

End of the day, it's a possibility, and big one at that, that Heat sans Lebron could still make the finals. That's how stacked it is + how weak the east is.

Indian guy
03-20-2013, 05:48 AM
Kobe fans :oldlol:. This is a never ending nightmare for them.

Anybody who thinks Miami w/o LeBron is beating Boston, Indiana and a healthy Knicks and Bulls(w/ Rose) team is INSANE. Insane. Without LeBron, they are left with a borderline top-5 player in Wade, a 3rd option-masquerading as 2nd in Bosh and a listless roster beyond that. They have one of the worst, if not the worst, rotations in the league at PG and PF among playoff teams. LeBron covers their numerous size issues with his ability to play the 4. Their defense would go to the toilet against ANY good team in the playoffs without him(which is what happened in '09 and '10 under Spoelstra). And without a great creator in LeBron, their legion of spot-up shooters are rendered useless too - because that's the only skill they have. Imagine Chalmers or Cole handling the ball a lot against playoff D....*shudders*....

ripthekik
03-20-2013, 05:56 AM
Yall pissed Heat fans forgot smth.

Boston has no Rondo
Knicks has no Amare, Melo is crippled currently
Bulls has no Rose, he has no intention of stepping on the court yet

So yeah.. it would be no problem.

detroitdogg
03-20-2013, 06:13 AM
Kobe fans :oldlol:. This is a never ending nightmare for them.

Anybody who thinks Miami w/o LeBron is beating Boston, Indiana and a healthy Knicks and Bulls(w/ Rose) team is INSANE. Insane. Without LeBron, they are left with a borderline top-5 player in Wade, a 3rd option-masquerading as 2nd in Bosh and a listless roster beyond that. They have one of the worst, if not the worst, rotations in the league at PG and PF among playoff teams. LeBron covers their numerous size issues with his ability to play the 4. Their defense would go to the toilet against ANY good team in the playoffs without him(which is what happened in '09 and '10 under Spoelstra). And without a great creator in LeBron, their legion of spot-up shooters are rendered useless too - because that's the only skill they have. Imagine Chalmers or Cole handling the ball a lot against playoff D....*shudders*....
Stop making shit up, Miami was a top 5 defensive team both years before Bron and in the series against Atlanta in 09 and Boston in 10 all those games were low scoring battles. **** outta here with this made up shit, Wade ANCHORED that defense every year after the championship and damn near won DPOY in 09. Stop it with this made up bullshit.

dunksby
03-20-2013, 06:38 AM
Without LBJ they might make it to the finals but they would be murdered by the Thunder/Spurs.

24r2
03-20-2013, 06:44 AM
that's probably why LeShames decided to join miami, he'd have no chance battling against a team led by wade/bosh and have great defensive role players

ripthekik
03-20-2013, 06:46 AM
Without LBJ they might make it to the finals but they would be murdered by the Thunder/Spurs.
Possibly, but this confirms what everyone has been saying in this thread.
Heat would be a contender without Lebron. Add him, it's just over the top stacked team. Winning is not a big accomplishment anymore.

Graviton
03-20-2013, 07:06 AM
Possibly, but this confirms what everyone was saying before the season.
Lakers would be a contender without Nash/Howard. Add him, it's just over the top stacked team. Winning is not a big accomplishment anymore.