PDA

View Full Version : Royce White Quits D-League Team, Says NBA Wants him gone.

OhNoTimNoSho
03-21-2013, 04:29 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/royce-white-mental-illness-video_n_2903673.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/03/21/royce-white-houston-rockets-grande-valley-vipers/2006627/

This just shows how much of a scared little boy he is. I genuinely feel bad for him, he has no direction and no guidance. He is confused and is spiraling out of control. The league seems ready to drop him. He will soon be out of a job and just completely lost.

He averaged 9 5 and 3 while in the d league, so his play wasnt impressive by any means.

DMV2
03-21-2013, 04:39 PM
To lose everything he's working for his whole life, it could be a blessing for him...or a curse.

Some people thrive in desperate situation, while some act out in rage. Hopefully, he does the former and motivate himself to get better.

9erempiree
03-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Too bad for him.

One of the requirements playing in the NBA is traveling.

Mr Exlax
03-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Where does it say he quit the team? I saw him playing this past weekend. I thought the statement he made was prior to everything getting ironed out at the end of January.

crisoner
03-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Sad....

All the potential in the world.
I feel him on the mental illness thing but come on...part of the basic functions of an NBA team and being a pro player is travel.

Almost like I want to play water polo but I have a fear of swimming.

Does that make sense?

OhNoTimNoSho
03-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Where does it say he quit the team? I saw him playing this past weekend. I thought the statement he made was prior to everything getting ironed out at the end of January.
I pasted the wrong article:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/03/21/royce-white-houston-rockets-grande-valley-vipers/2006627/

usa hoops
03-21-2013, 04:45 PM
I have a hard time believing that he can't do anything about his condition. Has he tried therapy? Medication?

I have a relative who went through extreme anxiety. He overcame it once his wife divorced him after he wouldn't get out of the house to go to work.

Mr Exlax
03-21-2013, 04:51 PM
I pasted the wrong article:

Maybe I'm a retard, but that doesn't say he quit the D-League team. He's still under contract and this wasn't his decision to come back to Houston. They want him to work out here? Who's he gonna work out with? I'm lost. I think I might be oblivious and I'm doing some wishful thinking or something lol.

Djahjaga
03-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Maybe I'm a retard, but that doesn't say he quit the D-League team. He's still under contract and this wasn't his decision to come back to Houston. They want him to work out here? Who's he gonna work out with? I'm lost. I think I might be oblivious and I'm doing some wishful thinking or something lol.

Exactly.

"Have been advised by our team physician it is most logical I be in Houston the remainder of the season. Thank you @rgvvipers for having me."

OP is a ________ (fill in the blank).

Real Men Wear Green
03-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Clearly it isn't going to work, and when your best-case scenario is Metta World Peace no team should draft a player with mental health problems unless he's a LeBron-level talent. Royce White will never be worth the headache.

OhNoTimNoSho
03-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Exactly.

"Have been advised by our team physician it is most logical I be in Houston the remainder of the season. Thank you @rgvvipers for having me."

http://nba.si.com/2013/03/21/royce-white-leaves-rio-grande-valley-vipers-d-league-houston-rockets-season-over/

"The Houston Chronicle reported Thursday that

kaiteng
03-21-2013, 06:13 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-1vLl3Phzlj0/UOqCeJhv7-I/AAAAAAAAD80/v-T_2Wmld4g/s800/Royce%252BWhite%252Bdunk.jpg

:violin:

qrich
03-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Dude is acting like a spoiled brat and expects everything to be handed to him on a silver platter. Needs to learn that life isn't going to cater to you all the damn time and you have to grow some god damn balls.

Droid101
Um, he's far from having a crap life.

If he just takes his guaranteed salary and invests it and only lives off the interest, he'd never have to work again (living modestly).

NoGunzJustSkillz
Dude been going ham on twitter the past couple days. CNN just had Royce on an hour or so ago.

rezznor
03-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Exactly.

He quit. Contrary to what he posted, the rockets had nothing to do with his decision. The dude is a loser. He has 2 kids and 2 more on the way with 3 different women that he's not supporting. Fukk him

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-21-2013, 06:19 PM
He quit. Contrary to what he posted, the rockets had nothing to do with his decision. The dude is a loser. He has 2 kids and 2 more on the way with 3 different women that he's not supporting. Fukk him
wait...what?

Levity
03-21-2013, 06:20 PM
He didnt quit. The rockets mgmt took him out of it, but theyre not reinstating him to the team right now, either. Instead, hes going to sit in houston for the rest of the season and then the rockets will decide this off season the best approach for White. At least, thats what i read earlier today.

Vancouver-Grizz
03-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Um, he's far from having a crap life.

If he just takes his guaranteed salary and invests it and only lives off the interest, he'd never have to work again (living modestly).

I am pretty sure the Rockets can file a suit against him for not fullfilling his contract obligation regardless if he cannot perform due to medical illness. Rockets have proven that they were there to provide him with support but the drift happened when he was not following the teams plans and started to blurt out obscene things regarding the rockets. He doesnt deserve a dime and I hope the Rockets make an example out of him cause it is a shame that he snagged a 1st round draft slot knowing that there is another player out there willing to do everything to make a team.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-21-2013, 06:23 PM
He didnt quit. The rockets mgmt took him out of it, but theyre not reinstating him to the team right now, either. Instead, hes going to sit in houston for the rest of the season and then the rockets will decide this off season the best approach for White. At least, thats what i read earlier today.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that info came from Ryoyce tho.

Rumor has it Sixers are willing to part with Thad Young for Royce White.

sick_brah07

if this is true

then **** royce white let the nba give his full salary to kids and let him go find something or somewhere he can work and not get "issues"

**** these dumb ass people with first world problems, complainging about anxiety and being bitches while more than half the planet has no food to eat

Real Men Wear Green
So basically their lawyers are going to try and come up with a way for them to get out of his contract.

Bernie Nips
03-21-2013, 06:24 PM
if this is true

then **** royce white let the nba give his full salary to kids and let him go find something or somewhere he can work and not get "issues"

**** these dumb ass people with first world problems, complainging about anxiety and being bitches while more than half the planet has no food to eat

:applause:

B-Low
03-21-2013, 06:31 PM

Manu Ginobili completely misinterpreted this fact as he entered the league

Budadiiii
03-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Manu Ginobili completely misinterpreted this fact as he entered the league
OMG B-Low you're so ****ing funny! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hilarious man

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Rainier Maghirang ‏@friedtilapia 1h
@Highway_30 jus wna say thank you for being such a positive role model & inspiration. never thought id see an openly gay player be drafted

:lol

qrich
03-21-2013, 06:48 PM
So basically their lawyers are going to try and come up with a way for them to get out of his contract.

And why shouldn't they try to get out of White's contract when he isn't doing everything he can to fulfill his portion?

daily
03-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Good luck to the Rockets getting out of that contract. They knew well beforehand what they were getting into. It's not like they can act surprised.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Good luck to the Rockets getting out of that contract. They knew well beforehand what they were getting into. It's not like they can act surprised.
Rockets won't try to get out of the contract. I think they only owe him 1.5 mill after this season.

Real Men Wear Green
03-21-2013, 06:59 PM
And why shouldn't they try to get out of White's contract when he isn't doing everything he can to fulfill his portion?
I didn't say they should put up with him.

DukeDelonte13
03-21-2013, 07:08 PM

You cannot force somebody to perform on contracts like these. In the USA you have a right to enter into contracts, and the right to break them. (although you better be prepared to pay the consequences in a suit for breach)

I used to feel for Royce White as I am very sympathetic to those with mental health issues, but it just gets to a point where it's just like WTF.

If that sh*t about having all these kids is true than f*ck that guy.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-21-2013, 07:14 PM
You cannot force somebody to perform on contracts like these. In the USA you have a right to enter into contracts, and the right to break them. (although you better be prepared to pay the consequences in a suit for breach)

I used to feel for Royce White as I am very sympathetic to those with mental health issues, but it just gets to a point where it's just like WTF.

If that sh*t about having all these kids is true than f*ck that guy.
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Royce-White-Baby-Mama.png

Only thing I could find indicating he had multiple children.

Euroleague
03-21-2013, 07:29 PM
He can get a job in the Israeli League (with a non Israeli Euroleague/Eurocup team) and get out of the flying. He won't have to fly in a smaller Israeli League club.

And he can make a lot of money there. Most Americans playing in smaller Israeli League clubs are making around $200,000 to $600,000 a year.

Euroleague
03-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Also, the Rockets were a horrible team for him to end up with. Their general manager is a gigantic douche bag and he would never help a guy with this problem at all.

Real Men Wear Green
03-21-2013, 07:47 PM
He can get a job in the Israeli League (with a non Israeli Euroleague/Eurocup team) and get out of the flying. He won't have to fly in a smaller Israeli League club.

And he can make a lot of money there. Most Americans playing in smaller Israeli League clubs are making around $200,000 to $600,000 a year.
Great. Now he just has to fly to Israel...

kaiteng
03-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Great. Now he just has to fly to Israel...
How about a ship?

Real Men Wear Green
03-21-2013, 07:58 PM
How about a ship?
No planes, some trains, and automobiles...and boats. He could maybe get to Israel in a few weeks. Assuming he has no issues with boats or living in a foreign country.

Droid101
03-21-2013, 08:12 PM
How about a ship?
Submarine.

B-Low
03-21-2013, 08:16 PM
No planes, some trains, and automobiles...and boats. He could maybe get to Israel in a few weeks. Assuming he has no issues with boats or living in a foreign country.

He's got plenty of options really.

http://www.topappreviews101.com/ipappimg/10616/vehicle-book-for-kids-hd-screenshot-4.jpg

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-21-2013, 08:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BF6u1SHCUAAEl5L.jpg:large

Shepseskaf
03-21-2013, 08:23 PM
But, Morey is a genius, right? :oldlol:

How does any team with a competent front office get into a godawful mess like this?

rezznor
03-21-2013, 09:50 PM

How does any team with a competent front office get into a godawful mess like this?
top 5 talent that they got at 16. high risk, high reward. not hard to understand.

coin24
03-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Also, the Rockets were a horrible team for him to end up with. Their general manager is a gigantic douche bag and he would never help a guy with this problem at all.

You're just salty cause VSpan sucked ass:lol

bagelred
03-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Israel, eh? If there's one place that says "no stress", it's Israel.

rezznor
03-21-2013, 11:48 PM
lol true that. he'll have another reason to hate rockets :oldlol:

fos
03-22-2013, 12:37 AM

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

SCdac
03-22-2013, 12:41 AM
Tel Aviv is actually one of the best places to live in the world, but it's expensive. Very modern, liberal, full of culture/art, nice beaches and sweet nightlife.

As for White, he seems to be milking this (tv appearances, publicity, etc). I mean lets get real, he's not the first NBA player (ever) to have an mental/anxiety disorder in the NBA. Lots of players have probably had them, they're just private about it. White is, however, the first to want to be all pioneering.

I can't tell if he's a mental health advocate or a professional basketball player. Both? could have fooled me.

fos
03-22-2013, 12:45 AM
Tel Aviv is actually one of the best places to live in the world, but it's expensive. Very modern, liberal, full of culture/art, nice beaches and sweet nightlife.

As for White, he seems to be milking this (tv appearances, publicity, etc). I mean lets get real, he's not the first NBA player (ever) to have an mental/anxiety disorder in the NBA. Lots of players have probably had them, they're just private about it. White is, however, the first to want to be all pioneering.

I can't tell if he's a mental health advocate or a professional basketball player. Both? could have fooled me.

Yeah but they've got like a ton of Jews...

SCdac
03-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Yeah but they've got like a ton of Jews...

All the better...

Jasper
03-22-2013, 01:32 AM
Quite frankly I thought I would never see a bball player , pass up playing in the league versus pawning the league and getting a rook contract - living the good life never playing a legit game.

Royce White is a disgrace to the NBA as well as the sport.

bagelred
03-22-2013, 08:45 AM

:oldlol: Nice. I wish I said that. Repped.

03-22-2013, 08:49 AM

Jews won't let White touch any of THEIR jew women.

He's too black for them and would water down their superior jewish genetic.

03-22-2013, 08:52 AM
But I am not sure White should totally be catered to.

If his phobia is flying, what would stop him from developing another one and complain about that? He's genetically predisposed to phobias.

Mr Exlax
03-22-2013, 08:59 AM
They had something about this on Fox news last night, but I didn't get to catch it. Just saw his face and then they were already going into the next segment. I'm gonna dig around and see if I can find anything else. I'm still confused on what's actually going on. Like I said, I saw him playing on Saturday or Sunday. It was on NBA TV. Now he up and quits or the team doctor says for him to come back to houston and work out?

Shepseskaf
03-22-2013, 09:05 AM
top 5 talent that they got at 16. high risk, high reward. not hard to understand.
DraftExpress had him at #27. Reading through his profile (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Royce-White-41371/), if I'm a GM, I don't take a chance. The red flags were all out there.

High risk, very low reward, so its very hard to understand.

SCdac
03-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Jews won't let White touch any of THEIR jew women.

He's too black for them and would water down their superior jewish genetic.

Lol this just ignorance. Dude its 2013, wake up. Not only are there black Jews, but Israel itself is very diverse. Its a melting pot. As mentioned, Tel Aviv in particular is very secular and one of the best places to live in the world for anybody.

03-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Lol this just ignorance. Dude its 2013, wake up. Not only are there black Jews, but Israel itself is very diverse. Its a melting pot. As mentioned, Tel Aviv in particular is very secular and one of the best places to live in the world for anybody.

I live in France. I went to Paris and was turned down from eating at a place because I was not jew but French. I didn't even know I entered a jewish restaurant in a jewish neighborhood.

The incident was in 2012.

You are right I am sure it's different now that we are in 2013.

The ignorance was not from me based on that incident.

Euroleague
03-22-2013, 09:17 AM

Morey is an idiot pretending to be a genius, not an actual genius.

Mr Exlax
03-22-2013, 09:18 AM
DraftExpress had him at #27. Reading through his profile (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Royce-White-41371/), if I'm a GM, I don't take a chance. The red flags were all out there.

High risk, very low reward, so its very hard to understand.

I remember before the draft he was often referred to as the best player in the draft. I even remember hearing he was the most talented player during the tournament the year before.

Euroleague
03-22-2013, 09:19 AM

You are a true ****ing IDIOT. Israel is one of the nicest places on Earth by far for any American basketball player.

It's a ****ing paradise in places like Haifa and Tel Aviv.

SCdac
03-22-2013, 09:39 AM
I live in France. I went to Paris and was turned down from eating at a place because I was not jew but French. I didn't even know I entered a jewish restaurant in a jewish neighborhood.

The incident was in 2012.

You are right I am sure it's different now that we are in 2013.

The ignorance was not from me based on that incident.

So because you got turned away from a restaurant in france (assuming youre telling the truth), some 6'9 professional ball player in a city known for its liberalism, parties, and beaches won't be able to get laid?

That makes a lot of sense.

I think your letting your hatred for Jews cloud your mind homie.

FireDavidKahn
03-22-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm not reading this thread but will say that anyone who continues to defend Royce is a moron. White is a psychopath who thinks that he is better than everyone else.

No_Look604
03-22-2013, 01:07 PM
This guy can't fly into Cities the night before and just get doped up on sleeping pills, even say a tylenol 3? FOR MILLIONS??!! Sleep through the travel...fculllkin guy!!

ballup
03-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Has White ever took responsibility for his actions instead of playing the victim? I don't think I have ever heard him talk about his accounts of how he has tried to cope with flying. He is spewing the same "this isn't a safe environment for me" stuff without providing examples or personal accounts.

03-22-2013, 02:00 PM
So because you got turned away from a restaurant in France (assuming youre telling the truth), some 6'9 professional ball player in a city known for its liberalism, parties, and beaches won't be able to get laid?

That makes a lot of sense.

I think your letting your hatred for Jews cloud your mind homie.

The restaurant situation was very true. I can't prove it (though after the discrimination I wish I taped the whole experience and posted it on youtube) and if you don't believe me then so be it.

My situation is anecdotal but won't be necessarily be unique and limited to just France.

Being liberal is not necessarily nondiscriminatory. I know plenty of liberals left wingers who are racists.

And what makes you think I hate jews? :confusedshrug:

You never met me and don't know me. How did show hate for jews in my post? I was simply sharing a personal experience of mine. I entered that neighborhood not even knowing it was jewish. I was just hungry. :roll:

I am sure White would have no trouble getting laid but will he punished in any way, shape, or form? Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't or didn't have to deal with some hate.

You can't tell me that jews don't exclude gentiles.

In Israel, and that's just a rumor. Chinese workers were told to not fornicate with jewish women (even prostitute) as long as they are working in Israel.

NumberSix
03-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Yeah, because it's not like the Israeli government forcefully sterilizes black Jews or anything... Oh wait.

03-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Yeah, because it's not like the Israeli government forcefully sterilizes black Jews or anything... Oh wait.

:wtf: :wtf:

:roll: :roll:

That's news to me. And I hope it's just rumors.

NumberSix
03-22-2013, 02:41 PM
:wtf: :wtf:

:roll: :roll:

That's news to me. And I hope it's just rumors.
It's not rumours. The Israeli government openly admits to sterilizing Ethiopian Jews. It's a fact. Not rumours, heresay or unsubstantiated accusations. Fact.

03-22-2013, 02:45 PM
It's not rumours. The Israeli government openly admits to sterilizing Ethiopian Jews. It's a fact. Not rumours, heresay or unsubstantiated accusations. Fact.

Just giving the benefit of the doubt. I always do.

*Going to google*.

03-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Um back to topic....

Personally I suffer from anxiety problems myself and no where do I have as much leverage as Royce White does at his work place.

There's no way some average schmuck like myself would be able to hold out like White can.

Specific phobias are curable. I don't see how he couldn't, especially since he's a millionaire (or close to it). He could probably get himself the best phobia doctor in the field to help cope and defeat his phobias.

I don't think going to Israel or anywhere is going to change that.

And plus if he really wanted to meet the Rocket half way through, why couldn't he just play home games (I am sure many people already suggested it). Heck he could play all home games, take the bus or train to nearby NBA cities like Dallas, San Antonio, NOLA, PHX, OKC, Salt Lake City, Denver etc...

03-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Can you imagine this current Rockets team with Royce White as part of its rotation?

They'd be pretty exciting to watch. To me he's similar to Boris Diaw and hopefully a better version.

But then again retrospectively, if White didn't have his plane phobia, he would've transferred to Kentucky, he would've been a top 3-5 pick and this situation wouldn't exist. Rockets would've drafted another player at 16. :confusedshrug:

Joey3000
03-22-2013, 03:55 PM
I have a hard time believing that he can't do anything about his condition. Has he tried therapy? Medication?

I have a relative who went through extreme anxiety. He overcame it once his wife divorced him after he wouldn't get out of the house to go to work.

:oldlol:

sounds like he suffer'd from freeloadambia

Joey3000
03-22-2013, 04:09 PM
So what does he want? What should the team do for him? Let him play home games only?

Droid101
03-22-2013, 04:19 PM
So what does he want? What should the team do for him? Let him play home games only?
No.

If he played for the Clips he could play away games at the Lakers.

luckylucy
03-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Of course NBA wants him gone, who would want to hire a worker that doesn't work?

NumberSix
03-22-2013, 04:28 PM
What is this guys supposed issue anyway? He refuses to do his job, yet he acts like he's being wronged in someway.

03-22-2013, 04:47 PM
What is this guys supposed issue anyway? He refuses to do his job, yet he acts like he's being wronged in someway.

He wants a qualified doctor (IE not one chosen by the organization) to green light him whether he's mentally healthy enough to play (game by game basis).

No way Royce White wants Daryl Morey to choose the doc.

That's the jist of it and the Rockets organization well...They've been mostly silent and haven't said as much as Royce has been saying (twitter, interviews on CNN, ESPN, etc...)

NumberSix
03-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Lol. 2 people negged this. :roll: why?

Who negs objectively factual information? What possible reason could you have to neg this post? Are these people who are seriously pro-forced-sterilization? Wtf

03-22-2013, 04:56 PM

Who negs objectively factual information? What possible reason could you have to neg this post? Are these people who are seriously pro-forced-sterilization? Wtf

To get it out of the way.

It wasn't me.

I bet it was David Stern and Adam Silver.:roll: :roll:

Droid101
03-22-2013, 05:09 PM

My bad. I was just trying to spread rep out so I could rep someone else. It was a random repping. Nothing to do with the post content.

I don't know who the other one was.

Droid101
03-22-2013, 05:17 PM
My bad. I was just trying to spread rep out so I could rep someone else. It was a random repping. Nothing to do with the post content.

I don't know who the other one was.
TROLO I got repped twice for this post, one pos one neg.

This site is hilarious.

NumberSix
03-22-2013, 05:18 PM
TROLO I got repped twice for this post, one pos one neg.

This site is hilarious.

I actually positive repped it for at least being honest.

Droid101
03-22-2013, 05:25 PM
I actually positive repped it for at least being honest.
Thanks will rep back. :cheers:

Nash
03-22-2013, 05:47 PM
He should play in Europe, those guys never fly and take the bus everywhere.

But the hooligans would probably kill his fragile mental state.

wakencdukest
03-22-2013, 06:42 PM
He wants a qualified doctor (IE not one chosen by the organization) to green light him whether he's mentally healthy enough to play (game by game basis).

No way Royce White wants Daryl Morey to choose the doc.

That's the jist of it and the Rockets organization well...They've been mostly silent and haven't said as much as Royce has been saying (twitter, interviews on CNN, ESPN, etc...)

He wants a doctor of his own choosing to be able to tell the rockets when he can play and when he can't? Sorry, that's totally unreasonable. No team is gonna give some random doctor the authority to make those kind of decisions with a multi million dollar contract. The Rockets have been more than accommodating with this asshole so far. His bullshit goes beyond simple anxiety disorder. He's clearly got some behavioral issues that he needs to be called on. Obviously, he's very entitled and thinks he is a victim of some sort. It is apparent that no one has ever confronted him and made him face himself in the mirror for his ridiculous behavior.

OhNoTimNoSho
03-22-2013, 08:21 PM
He's a clown, I dont think he knows what he wants, hes just scared. Its odd the Rockets are putting up with his childish antics. But I guess they think he as potential. But I dont think this will last much longer. He getting snipped soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CHWmeuTDO3k

Interview with CNN From yesterday. He dodges the "what havent rockets done" question 3 times.

rezznor
03-22-2013, 09:46 PM
He's a clown, I dont think he knows what he wants, hes just scared. Its odd the Rockets are putting up with his childish antics. But I guess they think he as potential. But I dont think this will last much longer. He getting snipped soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CHWmeuTDO3k

Interview with CNN From yesterday. He dodges the "what havent rockets done" question 3 times.
what a piece of shit fraud

mattvNJ
03-23-2013, 01:26 AM
what a piece of shit fraud

.this

bettalaylow
03-23-2013, 06:32 AM
if this is true

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

God this guy is the biggest bitch to ever wear an NBA uniform.

jongib369
03-23-2013, 06:35 AM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-1vLl3Phzlj0/UOqCeJhv7-I/AAAAAAAAD80/v-T_2Wmld4g/s800/Royce%252BWhite%252Bdunk.jpg

:violin:
LMFAO

All Net
03-23-2013, 06:40 AM

He's best off not playing basketball at all...

SyRyanYang
03-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Too bad for him.

Lebron's got that right.

03-23-2013, 03:16 PM
He wants a doctor of his own choosing to be able to tell the rockets when he can play and when he can't? Sorry, that's totally unreasonable. No team is gonna give some random doctor the authority to make those kind of decisions with a multi million dollar contract. The Rockets have been more than accommodating with this asshole so far. His bullshit goes beyond simple anxiety disorder. He's clearly got some behavioral issues that he needs to be called on. Obviously, he's very entitled and thinks he is a victim of some sort. It is apparent that no one has ever confronted him and made him face himself in the mirror for his ridiculous behavior.

It's not a random doctor per se. But one who will be a rep from the American Disability Association or some doctor who will have Royce's interest at heart.

Royce wants that because if Morey chose the doctor, it would be one who will be biased in favor of making Royce play for the sake of money.

I am just a messenger so I don't totally agree with Royce..

Personally I have anxiety disorders too and there is nothing that the Rockets can't provide but Royce won't budge. it makes him looks like an entitled cry baby...

wakencdukest
03-23-2013, 04:30 PM
It's not a random doctor per se. But one who will be a rep from the American Disability Association or some doctor who will have Royce's interest at heart.

Royce wants that because if Morey chose the doctor, it would be one who will be biased in favor of making Royce play for the sake of money.

I am just a messenger so I don't totally agree with Royce..

Personally I have anxiety disorders too and there is nothing that the Rockets can't provide but Royce won't budge. it makes him looks like an entitled cry baby...

He should have a doctor to ADVISE him and treat his disorder, nothing else. Like I said, no Doctor should have any authority when it comes to team issues. You are right about him choosing his own doctor though, I don't see a problem with that, but that doctor should only advise and make recommendations, not make basketball related decisions. I sympathize with people with anxiety disorders, I worked Psych for 13 years and have seen it all. Guys like Royce with these kind of behavioral problems are a dime a dozen. There are lots of people with anxiety who really try to seek help and are active participants in trying to work with doctors and therapists to try to get better. Royce has just made excuse after excuse and played the victim role. Victim of what exactly? It sounds like people have been bending over backwards for this guy for years.

bdreason
03-23-2013, 04:51 PM
He doesn't seem to have any trouble giving nationally televised interviews. Anxiety disorder? :rolleyes:

Euroleague
03-23-2013, 05:46 PM

You are a complete moron. You actually think teams in Europe don't fly...........

OK dumb ass whatever.

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

He could play in a SMALL non Euroleague / non Eurocup team in ISRAEL and not fly. That's about it.

Not a single European team is going to pay him and he's not going to fly.

Just how low is your IQ? Seriously? LMFAO at "no teams in Europe ever fly".

03-23-2013, 05:59 PM
He doesn't seem to have any trouble giving nationally televised interviews. Anxiety disorder? :rolleyes:

He has generalized anxiety disorder, a specific phobia of flying in airplanes, and OCD.

He doesn't have performance anxiety or social anxiety. Both would be deterring Royce from being able to speak.

bdreason
03-23-2013, 06:31 PM
He has generalized anxiety disorder, a specific phobia of flying in airplanes, and OCD.

And which of those is stopping him from playing in the D-league?

The truth is, he's trying to keep his contract money by hiding behind his supposed mental disability. I actually feel bad for those players that have real mental disability problems, because Royce is making sure teams won't touch future players with reported anxiety issues with his antics.

Here's hoping the Rockets find a way to void his contract.

Mr Exlax
03-23-2013, 06:45 PM
I still need him on 2K13. He helped me out a bunch when he was on the roster.

Burgz V2
03-23-2013, 06:51 PM
whatever the case is, dude is still under contract.

03-23-2013, 07:03 PM
And which of those is stopping him from playing in the D-league?

The truth is, he's trying to keep his contract money by hiding behind his supposed mental disability. I actually feel bad for those players that have real mental disability problems, because Royce is making sure teams won't touch future players with reported anxiety issues with his antics.

Here's hoping the Rockets find a way to void his contract.

Potentially the air plane fear of flying because...well I am not sure. do D league teams travel via planes or bus or trains?

I agree at this point, I don't see why he wouldn't go forward with this. The Rockets and Royce both have enough money and leeway to circumvent around his problems and face them at the same time.

I can only support him for so long.

SCdac
03-23-2013, 07:20 PM
dude is clearly milking the phobia thing... he's been on HBO, CNN, and who knows what else... Considering teams some times teams play 4 games in 5 nights, I would just quit the NBA if I were Royce. Dude should get a work-from-home job.

MiseryCityTexas
03-24-2013, 12:07 AM
Threadstarter is an idiot with terrible comprehension skills.

Edit: threadstarter is not an idiot and i'm just hating. I apoligize for being a hater.

Stuckey
03-24-2013, 02:52 AM
wow

no love and respect for the game

MiseryCityTexas
03-24-2013, 06:00 AM
everyone loved royce white when he threatened to kick nolan smith's ass during summer league though.:oldlol:

no pun intended
06-17-2014, 09:36 PM
The Spurs should pick him up.

Diaw and White :bowdown: