PDA

View Full Version : College Basketball Is Terrible

NumberSix
03-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Holy shit college basketball sucks. I mean, I'm watching march madness and this shit is so bad.

willds09
03-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Holy shit college basketball sucks. I mean, I'm watching march madness and this shit is so bad.
you're not lying :lol

SilkkTheShocker
03-22-2013, 04:38 PM
No clue how any can say college basketball is better with a straight face. Dribble...pass..dribble...pass....dribble....pass. ...dribble....still 20 seconds left on the shot clock....dribble.....pass....shoot a three that misses badly

Rekindled
03-22-2013, 04:39 PM
usually they just suck but this year i dont even see any legit nba star talent , like not even 1, i feel bad for which ever team that gets the no.1 pick this year

TylerOO
03-22-2013, 04:40 PM
I hate it too but that Marshall Henderson guy is a boss. I only watch Ole Miss games, once they are out, Im done with college ball.

SilkkTheShocker
03-22-2013, 04:43 PM
usually they just suck but this year i dont even see any legit nba star talent , like not even 1, i feel bad for which ever team that gets the no.1 pick this year

Agreed. There isn't one player in college that is a unanimous #1. If Noel didn't get hurt it would probably be him. I can't wait to see which team takes Cody Zeller in the early lottery.

#number6ix#
03-22-2013, 04:44 PM
No clue how any can say college basketball is better with a straight face. Dribble...pass..dribble...pass....dribble....pass. ...dribble....still 20 seconds left on the shot clock....dribble.....pass....shoot a three that misses badly
True... That's y I say they need a 24 sec clock, nba 3,and no zone defense so the floor can open up and they could have some post offense. These guys are young why da fuq are they walking the ball up the court damn near every possession... RUN!!!

SilkkTheShocker
03-22-2013, 04:48 PM
True... That's y I say they need a 24 sec clock, nba 3,and no zone defense so the floor can open up and they could have some post offense. These guys are young why da fuq are they walking the ball up the court damn near every possession... RUN!!!

Agreed. I just can't get into it. I was watching the Belmont/Arizona game and it felt like I staring into the Sun.

03-22-2013, 04:50 PM
College basketball is where obedient non prima donna players get to have their claim to fame.

They are not as talented and their coaches have more authority and can abuse if they want. Some call it old school but I call it abusive and self serving.

EnoughSaid
03-22-2013, 05:00 PM
How does someone who loves basketball not enjoy the tourney? :biggums:

It's amazing. All of the crazy endings and games. All a joy to watch.

NumberSix
03-22-2013, 05:07 PM
How does someone who loves basketball not enjoy the tourney? :biggums:

It's amazing. All of the crazy endings and games. All a joy to watch.
Because the game are really bad. The players aren't very good and the rules suck.

You know the scrubs in the NBA who don't get any playing time who people constantly clown on? The vast majority of college players will never even be that.

FireDavidKahn
03-22-2013, 05:17 PM
I love it:confusedshrug:

LikeABosh
03-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Turrible

3peated
03-22-2013, 05:19 PM
most college players are hustle players, not nba superstars, what are you expecting to see dude? a bunch of all star games? stupid.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-22-2013, 05:23 PM
I loved college ball in the 90's going into the early 2000's. I think the last March madness I watched was when Steph Curry was going bananas w/ Davidson. Even then though I was losing a lot of interest. The game and coaches in particular have regressed.

The Choken One
03-22-2013, 05:25 PM
March Madness is far more exciting than the NBA. I rarely watch the NBA until the final 5 or so minutes. To actually waste time watching a whole NBA game... child pls. Got far more important chit to be doing.

waseem780
03-22-2013, 05:37 PM
I remember when Derrick williams was one of the only actually exciting players with his awesome dunks and great performances against teams , he wasnt boring to watch

Overdrive
03-22-2013, 05:58 PM
I think Victor Oladipo will be solid to good in the NBA, didn't see much NCAA ball this year, though.

ukfan22
03-22-2013, 06:00 PM
some years are better than others

wakencdukest
03-22-2013, 06:00 PM

You can't really have an opinion on that unless you watch college ball regularly. Watching a couple of first round games doesn't make you credible. I can assure you, there is plenty of NBA talent playing in this tournament. You have no idea.

Djahjaga
03-22-2013, 06:01 PM
I completely agree. I get a lot of shit from my basketball friends for being more of an NBA only guy when "college basketball is so much better!!!" They tell me the players go hard on every play and there are no superstar calls or ref bs, but all I really care about is the talent level. Obviously it's much lower in the NCAA and that results in games I don't care to see.

There's no facet of the NCAA basketball game that is better than an NBA game. Defense, passing, shooting, scoring, big plays, etc. Maybe the teams are more evenly matched, but even then, it's not like I watch Miami/Charlotte games with a fervor.

tl;dr NBA >>>> College ball

Jameerthefear
03-22-2013, 06:05 PM
You can't really have an opinion on that unless you watch college ball regularly. Watching a couple of first round games doesn't make you credible. I can assure you, there is plenty of NBA talent playing in this tournament. You have no idea.
NBA talent yes. Star talent, not really.

Clyde
03-22-2013, 06:08 PM
College is amazing. Any team can win. Not like the NBA where we have 5-6 teams that have any chance.

It's a different game but it hardly sucks.

Also as a Gators fan, the guy who enjoys Marshall Henderson can go to hell :)

NumberSix
03-22-2013, 06:08 PM
I completely agree. I get a lot of shit from my basketball friends for being more of an NBA only guy when "college basketball is so much better!!!" They tell me the players go hard on every play and there are no superstar calls or ref bs, but all I really care about is the talent level. Obviously it's much lower in the NCAA and that results in games I don't care to see.

There's no facet of the NCAA basketball game that is better than an NBA game. Defense, passing, shooting, scoring, big plays, etc. Maybe the teams are more evenly matched, but even then, it's not like I watch Miami/Charlotte games with a fervor.

tl;dr NBA >>>> College ball
Who cares how "hard they go" when the majority of them aren't even D-League level players?

College basketball fcuking sucks.

AirFederer
03-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Zone defence sucks:banghead:

Shepseskaf
03-22-2013, 06:12 PM
The players in college basketball aren't collectively as skilled because of the talent exodus to the big league, but its great when games come down the wire. The mistakes are actually more riveting then the great plays.

imdaman99
03-22-2013, 06:13 PM
the one loss and you're done drama leads to far more upsets than in nba playoffs.

there is something charming about the cinderella, we hardly get those in the nba

wakencdukest
03-22-2013, 06:19 PM
NBA talent yes. Star talent, not really.

You never know. Who thought Wade would blow up like he did? Coming out of college he was good, but no one had any idea he'd be a career all star. Ben Mclemore has the best combo of athleticism and pure shooting ability that I've seen in a while. Victor Oladipo is a lockdown defender with elite athleticism and a well rounded offensive game. I could see these guys becoming stars. It might not be the deepest draft, but I think there are definitely some stars waiting to happen.

Overdrive
03-22-2013, 06:22 PM
You never know. Who thought Wade would blow up like he did? Coming out of college he was good, but no one had any idea he'd be a career all star. Ben Mclemore has the best combo of athleticism and pure shooting ability that I've seen in a while. Victor Oladipo is a lockdown defender with elite athleticism and a well rounded offensive game. I could see these guys becoming stars. It might not be the deepest draft, but I think there are definitely some stars waiting to happen.

I think if Oladipo maxes his potential he might be a slashing version of Deng, and that guy is a two time All-Star.

raptorfan_dr07
03-22-2013, 06:32 PM
I like it better than the NBA. The game is more physical. Guys are playing for pride, not money and stats. Coaches can coach. There's no prima donna p*ssies and crybabies. There's no "superstar call" bullsh*t. The one and done makes the playing field more even, every year a low seed upsets. Look at Harvard last night, La Salle today.

Being bandwagon b*tch of the Lakers and Heat, I wouldn't expect you to understand any of that. It's REAL basketball. With an emphasis on TEAM.

theBIGjabroni
03-22-2013, 06:39 PM
would rather watch international than sh.itty college ball

Replay32
03-22-2013, 06:41 PM
I enjoy college ball, because I love basketball. But I wish that teams weren't able to call timeout while on defense. And also teams should be able to advance the ball to half court like the NBA. These two rule changes would make close games even more exciting IMO.

Ken_Masters
03-22-2013, 06:49 PM
I hate college basketball. It's super boring. The NBA has bad officiating yes, but the talent level of all the players makes up for it.

The Choken One
03-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Can't believe you peeps, March Madness chits all over the NBA. Besides the last 2 minutes I guess, and that's only if it's a close game.

coin24
03-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Have to agree its pretty shit, BUT it's still >>>>>> Euroleague:oldlol:

Droid101
03-22-2013, 06:58 PM
It's utter garbage. They move so slow... they miss layups like crazy. Airball threes constantly.

It's just excruciating to watch.

The Choken One
03-22-2013, 07:00 PM
It's utter garbage. They move so slow... they miss layups like crazy. Airball threes constantly.

It's just excruciating to watch.
So, it's basically like watching LeBron in the 4th quarter. Do Heat fans love college basketball then?

EDIT: I'll be more specific. LeBron in the 4th quarter...in the playoffs.

wakencdukest
03-22-2013, 07:11 PM
It's definitely more intense, the crowds are way louder and more into it. The players don't stand around, and wait for their star to isolate every play, or pick and roll every other. The NBA has 2 plays that are run 90 percent of the time, pick and roll, and 1 on 1. Even though the talent level is better, that shit gets boring. College teams play a wide variety of offensive styles and it's interesting to see them match up against each other. The defenses are way more intense and varied also. It's not for everyone though, most people won't take the time or effort to understand the game if they know they're not watching the best players in the world. this leads up to my last point, the reason why around draft time about 99 percent of ISH make the dumbest predictions every year, because they don't really know shit about any of the players coming out other than what they see on youtube highlights and what they read on draftnet.com.

knicksman
03-22-2013, 11:05 PM
of course kids with low IQ prefer WWE style basketball than UFC

knicksman
03-22-2013, 11:21 PM
those who prefer nba are clearly just player fanboys. Theres a reason why NFL, soccer and even NCAA is ahead of nba because they play how a teamsport should be played. Thats why nba has been on a lockout twice because of the stupidity of stern trying to make this league a one on one league when clearly the best sports are team sports. But I know idiots like the OP doesnt get it coz he only cares about lebrons dck size

Ken_Masters
03-22-2013, 11:32 PM
It's definitely more intense, the crowds are way louder and more into it. The players don't stand around, and wait for their star to isolate every play, or pick and roll every other. The NBA has 2 plays that are run 90 percent of the time, pick and roll, and 1 on 1. Even though the talent level is better, that shit gets boring. College teams play a wide variety of offensive styles and it's interesting to see them match up against each other. The defenses are way more intense and varied also. It's not for everyone though, most people won't take the time or effort to understand the game if they know they're not watching the best players in the world. this leads up to my last point, the reason why around draft time about 99 percent of ISH make the dumbest predictions every year, because they don't really know shit about any of the players coming out other than what they see on youtube highlights and what they read on draftnet.com.

All of the guys in my office have a March Madness pool going on with their brackets and whatnot, but none of them really know anything about the players. They only have interest in it because they are gambling. I would say most people only have interest in the tournament for gambling purposes not because they've followed all of the prospects and know whose going to be good players coming into the draft.

shaq2000
03-22-2013, 11:45 PM
People who don't get college ball either (A) aren't American or (B) didn't go to college. Or they went to some division 3 school.

takai
03-22-2013, 11:48 PM
I have to agree. It's slow, nothing happens during possessions, and they miss all the time. It's no wonder they're such low scoring games.

Thank god for the NBA.

L8kersfan222
03-22-2013, 11:58 PM
Haha look at these heat fans, get the best talent in NCAAB and move them all to one team then watch NumberSix become their #1 fan! :roll:

2LeTTeRS
03-23-2013, 01:07 AM
All of the guys in my office have a March Madness pool going on with their brackets and whatnot, but none of them really know anything about the players. They only have interest in it because they are gambling. I would say most people only have interest in the tournament for gambling purposes not because they've followed all of the prospects and know whose going to be good players coming into the draft.

Agree completely that the competitive aspect of March Madness is the best thing the tournament has going for it. Can't lie that the games aren't really my cup of tea but living here in the heart of ACC country (less that 10 miles from Duke, UNC, and NC State) its impossible to escape talking about the games.

Haha look at these heat fans, get the best talent in NCAAB and move them all to one team then watch NumberSix become their #1 fan! :roll:

Isn't that the way college basketball has done it for years? Just take a look at the recruiting class heading to Kentucky and get back to me.

wakencdukest
03-23-2013, 01:12 AM

You know whats frustrating? For all my college b-ball knowledge and strategic picking, inevitably some 50 year old hag who knows nothing about basketball wins the bracket pool!

iDunkOreo
03-23-2013, 01:13 AM
Isn't that the way college basketball has done it for years? Just take a look at the recruiting class heading to Kentucky and get back to me.

Lost to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT. Recruiting stars in high school doesn't guarantee success, because if it did, UCLA would have been undefeated. Teams that are good in college recruit well, but also take the time to develop players. Ryan Kelly used to be a skinny scrub his freshman year, but now dude is a legit baller because him and the coaches put in the work, which as a fan has been great to watch.

MisterAmazing
03-23-2013, 03:38 AM
agreed.

bdreason
03-23-2013, 03:41 AM
It's an amateur sport, what do you expect? Less than 1% of the players in NCAA are even capable of playing at the NBA level.

andremiller07
03-23-2013, 04:39 AM
This is the first time in a about 5 years I have really not watched much at all due to there really not being anyone that interesting to watch. This for me is really down year for college bball.

mlh1981
03-23-2013, 09:04 AM
It all depends on what you prefer more. The pagentry (which college bball has), or much better talent. Some people really like a hyped up atmosphere with big time rivalries, and others just want to see guys who are insanely good, because lets face it, most NBA games have lukewarm crowds, and there are few rivalries.

STATUTORY
03-23-2013, 09:12 AM
It all depends on what you prefer more. The pagentry (which college bball has), or much better talent. Some people really like a hyped up atmosphere with big time rivalries, and others just want to see guys who are insanely good, because lets face it, most NBA games have lukewarm crowds, and there are few rivalries.

but then you watch a college game and the skill level and competition actually undermines the theatrics and pageantry of the crowd.

Most college offenses are just so predictable and boring that it's hard for me to watch anything but last 5 mins of a close game. and a lot of team with prospects I like are eliminated already.. :facepalm

JellyBean
03-23-2013, 09:21 AM
I have to disagree. To the casual fan, sure college basketball probably is terrible this season. Becaue they want the traditional power programs to dominate college basketball. Traditional programs like Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas. But I think this year, college basketball is probably at its best in a long time. Listening to folks whine about how Gonzaga should not be a #1 team because "they haven't played any tough teams" Or "Their conference is weak", was proof enough.

Think about it. Why was Gonzaga' conference or teams they faced an issue this year? It was never a problem when Kentucky was beating up on teams with directional names. Or when North Carolina was beating up cupcakes. Or when those top program teams that have dominated the college basketball landscape for decades, played in weak conferences? This year, teams that typically have no chance to win can beat Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas, Syracuse, or Michigan State. Nobody in college basketball is great this year. A top five team has lost to an unranked team 19 (NINETEEN) times this season. That is unheard of. Indiana lost as the #1 team in the nation THREE times this year. Duke accomplished that feat twice. TCU beat Kansas and this is TCU

Big League
03-23-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: Wade
I thought he would be a great pro and I see Oladipo as a very similar player.

Oklahoma State and Missouri have point guards who will be starters in the NBA. I have seen them enough to know that, but I have not seen them enough to project if they will be average or good starters.

Just2McFly
03-23-2013, 10:33 AM
It is. Its such an inferior product that I simply cannot watch any more. I am well aware these guys aren't talented like an NBA player, but the execution is just way off. Too much swinging the ball, trying to find a whole in the zone just jack up garbage threes. Too many blown layups and dunks. Badly blown mind you.

Its just bad.

tomtucker
03-23-2013, 03:38 PM
why dont the coaches tell the players to slow down the pace, set screens, and pass the ball around.....?...like in the NBA

Djsonny
03-23-2013, 03:48 PM
if everyone agreed to some of you, you wouldnt see it so big.

senelcoolidge
03-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Well yeah the competition is inferior. But you don't have to worry about bogus calls and crooked officiating like the NBA. The NBA let's "stars" get away with everything. That wouldn't happen in the college ranks as much. At least watching a college game there rarely is any biased officiating. Tournament is more fun than the NBA playoffs. One and done. Win or go home. The NBA has a 7 game series that are spread out over what feels like 2 weeks. It's horrible.