PDA

View Full Version : Lets be real: Only one team has the fortitude to beat the Miami Heat this year

unbreakable
03-22-2013, 07:50 PM
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/13/45/34/3036981/11/628x471.jpg

I called it in 2011 with the Mavs and Im calling it again
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223699

With Harden gone and the arrival of D'Antoni over Phil, barring injuries, the Spurs have this title locked.

Wouldve happened last year but Harden got in the way. :cry:

Timmy getting #5 and cementing himself top 3 with MJ and KAJ :bowdown:

Heavincent
03-22-2013, 07:54 PM
As a Heat hater, I'm in the acceptance stage. Nobody is beating them. They're simply too stacked. The only way they'll lose is if Lebron chokes his ass off, and that just isn't going to happen.

unbreakable
03-22-2013, 07:57 PM
As a Heat hater, I'm in the acceptance stage. Nobody is beating them. They're simply too stacked. The only way they'll lose is if Lebron chokes his ass off, and that just isn't going to happen.

If you watched any Spurs games (which you obviously dont) youd know the Spurs are just as stacked.

Tim Duncan is playing like hes 33. Parker was an MVP candidate 2 weeks ago. Leonard is a young Scottie Pippen.

Dont forget, top 5 NBA Coach all time, Greg Popovich

:bowdown:

Heavincent
03-22-2013, 07:59 PM
If you watched any Spurs games (which you obviously dont) youd know the Spurs are just as stacked.

Tim Duncan is playing like hes 33. Parker was an MVP candidate 2 weeks ago. Leonard is a young Scottie Pippen.

I've watched the Spurs. I agree that they're the best team in the west, but I don't think they'll beat the Heat.

Hank
03-22-2013, 08:00 PM
lol give it up

nathanjizzle
03-22-2013, 08:25 PM
http://www.pimpmycod.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Chicago-Bulls-150x137.png

Michael_Wilbon
03-22-2013, 08:37 PM

:oldlol:

red1
03-22-2013, 08:50 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wUQr64Rlz_M/T7Ab5zGqbxI/AAAAAAAABKQ/A5679p9HR8Y/s180/idi-amin-laughing.gif

DatAsh
03-22-2013, 09:52 PM

The Heat are stacked, but there's a lot of stacked teams in the league this year: Thunder, Clippers, Spurs, (when healthy and playing the way they should)Lakers. Anything can happen.

comerb
03-22-2013, 09:56 PM
They have a chance as long as they shoot lights out. If Denver somehow came away with home court advantage(which is very unlikely), I also think they'd have a decent chance.

knicksman
03-22-2013, 11:25 PM
nuggets has the chance becuase of faried

Kingwillball
03-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Knowbody is beating the Heat but themselves.. If they don't Choke or have any Injuries they are not losing to anyone.

Kingwillball
03-22-2013, 11:34 PM

It is not that they are WAY more stacked than anyone there are 4 or 5 other teams with Similar talent across the board they have a Player in Lebron that is Playing at a Jordan like Level and seems to be able to do whatever is needed to help his team win from night to night. Plus Dwade has also been Fantastic.

tpols
03-22-2013, 11:40 PM
The Heat are stacked, but there's a lot of stacked teams in the league this year: Thunder, Clippers, Spurs, (when healthy and playing the way they should)Lakers. Anything can happen.
Yea and they'll only have to play one of all the teams you listed when Le they all have to go through each other AND the heat.

NBASTATMAN
03-22-2013, 11:41 PM
There are two or three teams as talented as the Heat with match ups that can hurt the heat in the West. The Heat only look much better cuz they play in the weak east.

This Heat team is hardly as good as some of the best teams I have seen. They lack great low post scoring and they lack rebounding for starters.

Heavincent
03-22-2013, 11:41 PM
It is not that they are WAY more stacked than anyone

But they are.

NBASTATMAN
03-22-2013, 11:42 PM

With Harden gone and the arrival of D'Antoni over Phil, barring injuries, the Spurs have this title locked.

I am not the biggest Duncan fan but no other player playing today could win like he does with so little talent around him. Not even bron..

Heavincent
03-22-2013, 11:44 PM
Yea and they'll only have to play one of all the teams you listed when Le they all have to go through each other AND the heat.

Yeah the Eastern side of the playoffs is just gonna be a waste of time. Complete garbage.

The West, however, is up for the grabs. Every playoff team in the the west will be competitive and capable of making some noise.

NBASTATMAN
03-22-2013, 11:45 PM
But they are.

Have you looked at the Lakers squad? They look super stacked and possibly more than Miami but they have had injuries.

funnystuff
03-22-2013, 11:54 PM

You forget that since their last chip, they have been playoff choke artists.

Rondo
03-22-2013, 11:54 PM

This. It's pissing me off now. I'll be stunned if they don't better the Lakers' streak.

It's not that they're too stacked. It's that they have the 2nd best player of all time (yeah, I said it!). Take him out and they're a good at best team. He demands so much attention that you need to double him and then he just passes it to wide open guys for 3. Don't double him and he's still scoring. Not to discredit the team but he's the difference maker. Without him teams like the Thunder, Spurs, Clippers would deal with them easily (if they even reached the finals which would be debatable)

DatAsh
03-22-2013, 11:57 PM

Benefit of being in the east

iDunk
03-23-2013, 12:00 AM
You can laugh at me, but I still firmly believe the Knicks can and will defeat the Miami Heat.

tpols
03-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Yup.. And the main reason they'll end up winning.

Say heat play Lakers(8 seed), Clippers, Spurs to make the finals in the west. I wouldn't say it was all that certain anymore.

Not to take away from Bron or wade or the heat.. They just have a stupid easy path to the finals where they'll only have one test instead of having 3 tests in the west.

TMT
03-23-2013, 12:14 AM
Only team that can give the Heat an actual run in the Finals, and that's if absolutely everything goes right for us.

shady6121
03-23-2013, 12:21 AM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/c/cc/ccbdfd06_tumblr_lyd8kgAjMn1qma1obo1_250.gif

Sharmer
03-23-2013, 12:23 AM

Miami would run the Spurs into the ground.

All Net
03-23-2013, 03:18 AM
I would agree

Spurs are the only team who can beat them..but even thats very unlikely.

willds09
03-23-2013, 03:18 AM
You can laugh at me, but I still firmly believe the Knicks can and will defeat the Miami Heat.
Preach to them:applause:

longtime lurker
03-23-2013, 03:20 AM
Spurs are built to beat the Heat but they're also notorious chokers themselves

All Net
03-23-2013, 03:25 AM

Knicks based on what we have seen 2nd half of the year would be lucky to beat anybody this year in a series...

noob cake
03-23-2013, 03:26 AM
Spurs vs Heat

no one really has a chance.

stickfigure87
03-23-2013, 03:43 AM

pop got outcoached by brooks last year..not saying he's not better still, but don't put all your trust into just pop being better than spolstra.

i still think that if the lakers can get it together, they'll have the best chance. that's a big if, though..

Kingwillball
03-23-2013, 03:45 AM

Your right we can laugh at U... :roll:

TheMan
03-23-2013, 03:52 AM
:biggums:

Cali Syndicate
03-23-2013, 03:57 AM
I would enjoy this. The aged and tested big 3 beating out the top dogs of the league. What a way for Timmy to saddle up towards the sunset as well. But as much as I'd enjoy seeing this, I don't think they can beat the heat. If spurs make he finals, ill be rooting for the spurs though.

luckylucy
03-23-2013, 03:58 AM
I am not the biggest Duncan fan but no other player playing today could win like he does with so little talent around him. Not even bron..

Well, it is not like Duncan is surrounded by scrubs, but I agree with you.

BoutPractice
03-23-2013, 04:09 AM
Any other outcome than the Spurs and Heat meeting and the Finals would be considered an upset.
Once the series starts, if it does, anything can happen... the Heat's winning streak doesn't mean anything in a playoff context (other than showing that they're real comeback threats each game, something the Spurs have to fear). Each team has the weapons to beat the other, it's just a matter of utilizing them.

Patrick Chewing
03-23-2013, 04:16 AM
Knicks based on what we have seen 2nd half of the year would be lucky to beat anybody this year in a series...

The Knicks are one word: Unpredictable

They can lose with all their stars healthy, and they can also win with their stars out. There's a reason why they have the second fewest losses in the East.

All Net
03-23-2013, 05:07 AM
The Knicks are one word: Unpredictable

They can lose with all their stars healthy, and they can also win with their stars out. There's a reason why they have the second fewest losses in the East.

Yeah It's due to the great 18-5 start.

LONGTIME
03-23-2013, 07:05 AM
i still think that if the lakers can get it together, they'll have the best chance. that's a big if, though..

:biggums:

Greg Oden 50
03-23-2013, 07:27 AM
pop got outcoached by brooks last year..not saying he's not better still, but don't put all your trust into just pop being better than spolstra.

i still think that if the lakers can get it together, they'll have the best chance. that's a big if, though..-

the refs cost the spurs lose last year with KD's untouchable :banghead:

nathanjizzle
03-23-2013, 09:31 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2mnezcz.jpg

HylianNightmare
03-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Only the heat can stop themselves

TMT
03-23-2013, 11:28 AM

What does Scotty Brooks' coaching have to do with Durant and Harden going bananas?

Hank
03-23-2013, 12:16 PM

The Heat are 23-5 vs the West.

That's a higher win % than their league-best overall .794 win percentage.

Nice try

Mr. Incredible
03-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Grasping for straws IMO.

Magic 32
03-23-2013, 12:43 PM

Nice try

It's easy to prepare against the west when 75% of the teams in your own conference is trash.

Great try.

DatAsh
03-23-2013, 12:53 PM

Nice try

I don't really think they're record would be any worse out west, but I do think they'd have a tougher playoff run.

PJR
03-23-2013, 01:02 PM
It's easy to prepare against the west when 75% of the teams in your own conference is trash.

Great try.

Miami has a higher winning percentage against the Western Conference than they do the Eastern Conference.

Nice try.

imdaman99
03-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Miami has a higher winning percentage against the Western Conference than they do the Eastern Conference.

Nice try.
so what you're saying is that miami would have an easier path to the finals in the west, than they would in the east? so you're telling me that because they are 23-5 against the west this year, they would be able to go 12-3 through the west in the playoffs? ok, nice try indeed

Just2McFly
03-23-2013, 02:03 PM
so what you're saying is that miami would have an easier path to the finals in the west, than they would in the east? so you're telling me that because they are 23-5 against the west this year, they would be able to go 12-3 through the west in the playoffs? ok, nice try indeed
He's saying that the Heat perform well against Western Conference Teams.

La Frescobaldi
03-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Only the heat can stop themselves

Spurs can beat Heat in a series. So can Pacers. Pacers have a powerful team and this is a point that is very effective against the Heat.

The Heat need to be totally brutalized. Guys need to use real man tactics on LeBron James. Who has body slammed him like Jordan, Bird, Shaq got nightly? Nobody, really.

It's plainly evident that James needs to be beat down hard. But nobody ever touches him. Pacers need to put Psycho T AND Hibs on him and just pulverize LeBron because I severely doubt he can take a '90s Knicks strategy. Double team him for the physicality and let him pass out because he can't even move. And Wade too. For a fact he can't handle punishment such as Bryant gets regularly, his entitlement attitude has always left him crying to refs.

Once again. Where is the Charles Oakley or early Pistons Bob Lanier mentality in this league?

BuffaloBill
03-23-2013, 02:08 PM
If any team could do it, it's the Spurs. Pop has never lost in the finals. But getting to the finals is the hard part lol

imdaman99
03-23-2013, 02:10 PM
yeah 1 win at a time they do great. that doesnt translate into series wins, bulls have dominated the heat prior to this year in the regular season 1 game at a time. its in a prolonged series they would have great trouble. not saying the heat would be in trouble, but saying a great record in the regular season doesnt automatically mean they are gonna dominate the team out of the west.

rmt
03-23-2013, 02:11 PM

Performing well against Western Conference teams is an entirely different thing from playing 3 brutal series from round 1 on against teams that can upset any team.

Just2McFly
03-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Performing well against Western Conference teams is an entirely different thing from playing 3 brutal series from round 1 on against teams that can upset any team.
Yet they are incredibly similar

imdaman99
03-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Yet they are incredibly similar
There are 8 teams in the west that can beat any team if they play their game, 9 if you count Utah's home court. How many in the east? 3-4? Memphis, Golden State, Houston, Lakers versus Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, Milwaukee.

Memphis, Golden State, Houston or LA is more likely to give the Heat hell in a playoff series than the east bottom 4.

But sure, Miami is 23-5 against the west.

Dave3
03-23-2013, 02:22 PM
You said the same thing last year, made a bet with LeBron23, lost it, and ignored him after it for a while.

Now you're back saying the same thing. In 2 months it will all be "Well we were injured" and "The refs are clearly on your payroll" and "You got lucky"

Zodiac
03-23-2013, 02:35 PM
I think if you do have a Spurs/Heat final that the Spurs will win.

Simply put Pop will likely put Leonard on Wade instead of Lebron to take away the other scoring option, they'll let Lebron get his points, which is the smart thing to do, because 2-3 games into the series when Lebron starts getting pressure from carrying the load he'll start getting mentally fatigued and his shot selection and defensive instincts might take a hit.

Beyond that the Spurs bench is way more talented than anything the Heat could throw out there, another important thing to remember is that the Heat's bench is old, and they don't have anyone who can guard Manu coming off the bench.

Finally Poppovich can run circles around Spoelstra and he does not allow his team to consistently break down in the fourth quarter due to defensive pressure pacakges.

IMO a healthy Spurs team could easily knock off the Heat, espcially if one of the big 3 struggles.

Anaximandro1
03-23-2013, 04:09 PM
But getting to the finals is the hard part lol
Yup.OKC is still the team to beat in the West

MEM/DEN/LAL/LAC are dangerous opponents.The West is wide open.

IMO a healthy Spurs team could easily knock off the Heat
Look,the Spurs have won 3 series in 4 years.The biggest problem when the going gets tough is the lack of star power,and the Heat have talent in spades.MIA is almost unbeatable in a 7 game series,especially after LeBron got the monkey off his back.

The Spurs can't win without resorting to the unsuccessful committee approach.The good news is that Green and Splitter have become solid players and Kawhi Leonard is growing up very fast and averaging 15/6 since Feb.If they can sustain the level of play and Manu steps up his game...who knows

rmt
03-23-2013, 04:50 PM
From a Spurs fan perspective, OKC is still the team to beat in the West. Hopefully, losing Harden will change that. Spurs match up better than OKC vs MIA since they are a different type of team. SAS has more offensive minded bigs than OKC, and the only weakness MIA has are their big men.

Now that Lebron has the monkey off his back, his confidence and game are flowing. Wade is playing well. Their role players are veterans who have championship experience while Leonard, Green, Neal, Splitter are inexperienced and have never been to the Finals. Duncan and Manu are old and don't play well with little rest.

Heat in 5 - at most 6 - that's if (and a big if) Spurs reach the Finals.