PDA

View Full Version : D Rose Coming Back Tomorrow Against Heat

crisoner
03-26-2013, 02:39 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/72761_635580429789592_2058108519_n.jpg

Just got this update from "I live for basketball" on Facebook.

Fudge
03-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Why is the "S" going over the "O" in the pic?

I don't get it.

SilkkTheShocker
03-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Probably not a good idea for him to lose his confidence in his first game back.

RoundMoundOfReb
03-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Is this official?

crisoner
Why is the "S" going over the "O" in the pic?

I don't get it.

Yeah should be behind the I.

Shade8780
Nice

Maniak
03-26-2013, 02:44 PM
are you ****ing retarded?

i just checked that page that was probably made by a 12 year old and it says that its "breaking from espn"

show me on espn where it says this. im looking and trying to find it.

the fact that you used a facebook page as a source is hilarious

heres the last thing espn had about rose as far as i know

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9080315/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-unsure-return

Burgz V2
03-26-2013, 02:46 PM
stop the nonsense

Maniak
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/47159353/Stop+The+Nonsense+Stop+smoking+crack+EP+wingcover5 .jpg

ripthekik
not official..

TMT
03-26-2013, 02:47 PM

Troll city, bitch. :oldlol: If anything it should raise the morale of the team and make them better suited to put up a good fight against them.

SilkkTheShocker
03-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Troll city, bitch. :oldlol: If anything it should raise the morale of the team and make them better suited to put up a good fight against them.

Yea, you sound legit angry over what I said. Seek help.

Burgz V2
03-26-2013, 02:56 PM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/47159353/Stop+The+Nonsense+Stop+smoking+crack+EP+wingcover5 .jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Mr. Incredible
03-26-2013, 03:42 PM
:facepalm

Blingster
03-26-2013, 03:51 PM
As someone that likes the Bulls, you gotta realize what's going on..

D. Rose is NOT coming back this season...

Why would he come back against the Heat? So Miami can roll them ? add them to the list of the other 27 wins they've had consecutively.. It doesn't really make sense for him to come back at this point of the year. Bulls are probably gonna be a 1st/2nd round exit, even with Rose (this year) why risk a decade worth of his career for that?

Apogee
03-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Was going to post something after I heard rumors on twitter but there hasn't been anything OFFICIAL yet. If people had half a brain they would realize that people make shit up on the internet all the time. Not everything you read is true :facepalm

nathanjizzle
03-26-2013, 04:24 PM

why is every single post you make negative? your life must be miserable.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 04:48 PM
He aint coming back tomorrow.

NumberSix
03-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Wade Jones gonna sack-slap the Cows

LikeABosh
03-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Very dumb move if he comes back vs. the Heat. He's already mentally fragile because of his injury, doesn't need to go into the buzz saw that is the Heat and get crushed

tikay0
03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Carm and Silvy are talking right now, they were told by a source within the Bulls that BJ Armstrong and Reggie decided for Derrick that he was going to sit this season approximately in the middle of February. The Bulls target date was always the end of February and now it's just drug on.

HE AINT COMING BACK THIS YEAR......

chazzy
03-26-2013, 05:04 PM
The comments by Rose's bro are a bit concerning, I hope Rose doesn't share the same thoughts

Foster5k
03-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Lol at anyone thinking Rose is going to come back just to try to stop Miami from getting the wins streak record.

ripthekik
03-26-2013, 05:06 PM
HE AINT COMING BACK THIS YEAR......
I bet he will.. unless ithere's really some health issues bothering him. otherwise this is just going to get ugly.. he won't be able to face the fans.. and why would he choose this route?

he's still got 4 years on his contract or smth.. there's nothing for him to gain

tikay0
03-26-2013, 05:08 PM
I bet he will.. unless ithere's really some health issues bothering him. otherwise this is just going to get ugly.. he won't be able to face the fans.. and why would he choose this route?

he's still got 4 years on his contract or smth.. there's nothing for him to gain

That's why I never believed the whole "back to normal" situation. He has been dominating in practice. There is absolutely no logical reason for him to not return by this point, unless they already decided their own cut off date.

But then wouldn't it make sense to announce that he's not returning, instead of stringing us along? That's what's pissing me off.

Burgz V2
03-26-2013, 06:27 PM
who gives a sh*t anymore? why do people keep going on about this? at first it was believed he wouldnt play at all this season. Then when he made good progress in his rehab it was SPECULATED that he MIGHT return earlier. Find me ANY article where Thibs and/or Rose say that he was ever even going to return this season? Who cares if he is "dominating in practice", practice is nowhere near enough preparation mentally and physically for real game situations, even the dumbest NBA fan should know that.

stop the madness, people just finding a reason to b*tch about something, he has nothing to gain from playing this season anyway, if he gets hurt again thats a wrap on his career, but all his "fans" want him to come back just so they can't get bounced early in the playoffs smdh

eurobum
03-26-2013, 06:37 PM
The comments by Rose's bro are a bit concerning, I hope Rose doesn't share the same thoughts

Rose officially stated it's not a shared viewpoint between his brother and him.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 06:43 PM
who gives a sh*t anymore? why do people keep going on about this? at first it was believed he wouldnt play at all this season. Then when he made good progress in his rehab it was SPECULATED that he MIGHT return earlier. Find me ANY article where Thibs and/or Rose say that he was ever even going to return this season? Who cares if he is "dominating in practice", practice is nowhere near enough preparation mentally and physically for real game situations, even the dumbest NBA fan should know that.

stop the madness, people just finding a reason to b*tch about something, he has nothing to gain from playing this season anyway, if he gets hurt again thats a wrap on his career, but all his "fans" want him to come back just so they can't get bounced early in the playoffs smdh

:biggums: From the beginning, it's been said that Rose was returning right after the All Star break.

:facepalm Wow you fail son.

You got it completely twisted. It's only been recently where reports are that he might not return this year.

Human Error
03-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Hope he comes back against the Heat, it is fitting that it is end of March and the media will run replays of Chalmers' 3 against Memphis like crazy during the game.

Beatlezz
03-26-2013, 07:04 PM
ISH: Rose is a *******. He's already cleared to play but he's a ***** , mentally weak etc...

RUMOR: Rose to play vs the Heat.

ISH: Is this ***** serious? Why the **** is he coming back?:biggums:

Burgz V2
03-26-2013, 07:34 PM
:biggums: From the beginning, it's been said that Rose was returning right after the All Star break.

:facepalm Wow you fail son.

You got it completely twisted. It's only been recently where reports are that he might not return this year.

show me one article where Rose or Thibs say he's returning after the break.

Don't make sh*t up to help your argument. Speculation =/= facts. The facts are these: there was no timetable to begin with and there still isn't.

When he had his surgery in May there was a report in Sporting News that said (as per his doctor) he could miss the entire season:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-05-15/derrick-rose-injury-knee-surgery-chicago-bulls-torn-left-acl-brian-cole

...but you say that it was only recently that was ever mentioned in reports?

You've either just been caught in a lie, or exposed as a fake fan who doesn't really follow his team. I'd say both.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 07:38 PM

Don't make sh*t up to help your argument. Speculation =/= facts. The facts are these: there was no timetable to begin with and there still isn't.

When he had his surgery in May there was a report in Sporting News that said (as per his doctor) he could miss the entire season:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-05-15/derrick-rose-injury-knee-surgery-chicago-bulls-torn-left-acl-brian-cole

You've either just been caught in a lie, or exposed as a fake fan who doesn't really follow his team. I'd say both.

Adidas ads had people hyped for his return this year, and Thibs has stated in numerous interviews that Derrick is definitely on track, and even ahead of schedule. Lets see. The normal time table for an ACL injury is about 9 mos. It's assumed that 9 mos. would be around the All star break, and the more conservative approach would have been mid March.

The writing was on the wall. I'm sorry that you don't follow the Bulls. That's not my fault.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 07:40 PM

TheMan
03-26-2013, 07:40 PM
ISH: Rose is a *******. He's already cleared to play but he's a ***** , mentally weak etc...

RUMOR: Rose to play vs the Heat.

ISH: Is this ***** serious? Why the **** is he coming back?:biggums:

:oldlol: Preach

sportsfan76
03-26-2013, 07:41 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/72761_635580429789592_2058108519_n.jpg

You are a f*cking retard and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 07:50 PM
You are a f*cking retard and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

:oldlol:

Burgz V2
03-26-2013, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=tikay0]

tikay0
03-26-2013, 07:57 PM
im sorry i dont speak idiot, none of what you just wrote made any sense.

you quote his doctor saying it could take 8-12 months (it's been 10) and also the part that says "it could take him more than a year to be back to pre-surgery level of performance"

what have you proven other than my point? and the 12 month diagnosis is NOT if you have a setback you moron, you are re-assessed when you have a setback and a new timetable is set. You're a joke and a fairweather fan. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Exactly, it's been 10 mos.

If you didn't get the point of me quoting that part of the article, then I need not speak any further.

No, I'm pretty sure the 12 mos. means things aren't smooth sailing. By all accounts, things are going smoothly, and he's ready, so your whole argument is null and void.

I'm a fair weather fan. That's why I'm still supporting my Bulls without Derrick Rose. :rolleyes:

ImmortalNemesis
03-26-2013, 08:08 PM
:applause:

Burgz V2
03-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Exactly, it's been 10 mos.

If you didn't get the point of me quoting that part of the article, then I need not speak any further.

No, I'm pretty sure the 12 mos. means things aren't smooth sailing. By all accounts, things are going smoothly, and he's ready, so your whole argument is null and void.

I'm a fair weather fan. That's why I'm still supporting my Bulls without Derrick Rose. :rolleyes:

:kobe:

no you moron it does not. this is the dumbest thing you could possibly believe.

The 4 month window is given because different athletes will respond in very different ways to treatment and rehab. So while you have guys like AP and Branden Dawson who come back within the first 6-8 months, there are others who take up to 12 months or even more to complete their rehab. Because every athlete's body is different, to assume that there is some pre-designated timeline that INCLUDES setbacks would be completely ridiculous.

I know this because I've coached and played with numerous players who went through this exact same thing, im not just "pretty sure" I KNOW. Once again you expose yourself

tikay0
03-26-2013, 09:50 PM
:kobe:

no you moron it does not. this is the dumbest thing you could possibly believe.

The 4 month window is given because different athletes will respond in very different ways to treatment and rehab. So while you have guys like AP and Branden Dawson who come back within the first 6-8 months, there are others who take up to 12 months or even more to complete their rehab. Because every athlete's body is different, to assume that there is some pre-designated timeline that INCLUDES setbacks would be completely ridiculous.

I know this because I've coached and played with numerous players who went through this exact same thing, im not just "pretty sure" I KNOW. Once again you expose yourself

Good Lord you're dumb. You do realize that Adrian Peterson wasn't AP until week 7 into the season right? Even he said there was some discomfort, and he had to feel the scar tissue tear in order to feel no limitations.

Rose by all accounts is ready to take the court. The problem is his confidence, and him not wanting to go through the re learning phase, and the "mediocre" phase of his rehab.

I said your argument is null and void, because it basically is. He's healed properly, and there is no more risk of injury than there is for anyone else playing in the NBA. The problem is his mentality. He thinks he'll become pre injury Rose by practicing, and continuing his 5 on 5's. The problem with that is, that doesn't simulate real time game speeds, and opposing team's defense.

Until he goes through that process, he won't be "MVP" Rose until he goes through with that.

Edit: The 12 mos. doesn't account for mental issues. Only for physical issues. The mental issues are dealt with on the court, and getting your body adapted back to NBA game shape.

12 mos. is an extreme case for a non NBA athlete that doesn't have access to the technology, and practice facilities that an NBA player does.

:biggums:

tikay0
03-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Basically, Rose doesn't want to look like how Shumpert, and Rubio first looked when coming back. The problem is, he's going to have to go through the bumps in the road to get back to where he was.

He's essentially trying to skip that phase, and continue to rehab through practice, and not get any real NBA game reps in.

He could have played spot minutes off the bench weeks ago. The fact that he doesn't even want to do that is pretty surprising. For someone that says they want to be on the court more than anything, I find that perplexing.

chazzy
03-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Cmon.. dumb source

Living Being
03-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Derrick "Rioe" is gonna retire. Dude's done mentally.

tazb
03-26-2013, 10:15 PM
If he does he's a retard (even though the source sucks ass), why would you come back against the best team in the league, to the person who held you to 6% shooting at your building, to a team who's currently on a 27 game winning streak? Play against a scrub team like the Lakers, you'll most likely only play limited minutes anyways, shit's going to be a blowout.

Go Getter
03-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Basically, Rose doesn't want to look like how Shumpert, and Rubio first looked when coming back. The problem is, he's going to have to go through the bumps in the road to get back to where he was.

He's essentially trying to skip that phase, and continue to rehab through practice, and not get any real NBA game reps in.

He could have played spot minutes off the bench weeks ago. The fact that he doesn't even want to do that is pretty surprising. For someone that says they want to be on the court more than anything, I find that perplexing.
Have you ever played basketball for you elementary school? HS?

D. Rose has a CITY of people on his back about basketball and his return, he will come back when he is ready.

Calm down mella.

Meticode
03-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Personally I'd rather see Rose come back next year 100% (or as he's said 110%) and see how he's fully recovered than for her to come back this year half-assed in basketball shape leaving us wondering if he will ever be the same or not. If he doesn't come back next season we will know exactly how well the rehab went.

secund2nun
03-26-2013, 11:06 PM
Like a injured overrated overpaid low efficiency high volume ball hog chucker PG that plays no defense and has subpar passing abilities is gonna make a different against Miami :roll:

Go Getter
03-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Like a injured overrated overpaid low efficiency high volume ball hog chucker PG that plays no defense and has subpar passing abilities is gonna make a different against Miami :roll:
Lol@you spending putting time and effort into dusting off your troll account only for it to fail and make you look like a petty loser.

secund2nun
03-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Lol@you spending putting time and effort into dusting off your troll account only for it to fail and make you look like a petty loser.

I am not a troll, but Rose is simply the most overrated player in the NBA.

nathanjizzle
03-26-2013, 11:31 PM

havent updated it, but you get the picture right?

here are the bulls records against the top 8 teams in the league for 3 seasons one with a healthy rose, one with a semi healthy rose, and one with no rose.

2010-2011 (healthy rose)
14-7

2011-2012 (semi healthy rose)
9-6

2012-2013 (no rose)
5-12

Go Getter
03-26-2013, 11:35 PM
When you run down Rose's raw numbers and wins his career (pre-injury) ranks with the top Pgs in the NBA.

That's two awfully constructed posts in one thread Grendel....

watch this dumby try for 3 in 5, 4, 3, 2, .....

tikay0
03-27-2013, 12:39 AM
Have you ever played basketball for you elementary school? HS?

D. Rose has a CITY of people on his back about basketball and his return, he will come back when he is ready.

Calm down mella.

You obviously aren't following this situation that closely. It's not a matter of him coming back when he's ready, because ummmmm, HE IS READY.

It has everything to do with him being scared of looking like Shump/Rubio when he comes back, protesting against the organization, or having planned to not come back in the first place. So, if it's option 3, then why the **** hasn't he come out and said that he's not playing this year? Don't you think that would make things a bit less complicated?

How many 5 on 5's has he gone through, and why hasn't he already suited up for a game, or even played some spot minutes here and there?

I think you need to realize what the situation is, and not just group this into a simple category. Stop being simple. :facepalm

P.S. No one in this CITY is expecting him to carry us to a title, or to be MVP Rose right off the bat. Why do simple minded people always bring this up?

tikay0
03-27-2013, 12:51 AM
THIS.

It has been 11 months since he tore his ACL, and 10.5 months since the surgery.
He has been cleared by his doctor for awhile.
He has been practicing full contact 5 on 5 for awhile.
He deemed himself physically healthy weeks ago.

I cannot believe the word "rush" is still being used in any way, shape, or form.

His knee is no more likely to be injured in an NBA game at the UC than it is to be injured in a 5 on 5 or a 1 on 1 at the Berto Center.

If he is playing 5 on 5 he should be playing in real games.

The reinjury fear is just not founded. Statistically with the advances in the ACL surgery now he is more likely (cringe) to tear his right knee up. His left knee is less susceptible to tearing now after the surgery. Its strong he needs to play.

Go Getter
03-27-2013, 01:22 AM
You obviously aren't following this situation that closely. It's not a matter of him coming back when he's ready, because ummmmm, HE IS READY.

It has everything to do with him being scared of looking like Shump/Rubio when he comes back, protesting against the organization, or having planned to not come back in the first place. So, if it's option 3, then why the **** hasn't he come out and said that he's not playing this year? Don't you think that would make things a bit less complicated?

How many 5 on 5's has he gone through, and why hasn't he already suited up for a game, or even played some spot minutes here and there?

I think you need to realize what the situation is, and not just group this into a simple category. Stop being simple. :facepalm

P.S. No one in this CITY is expecting him to carry us to a title, or to be MVP Rose right off the bat. Why do simple minded people always bring this up?

If he was ready he'd be playing.

He'll come back when he wants to....the frustration is dripping from every word in your post and you're inferring a lot. You don't know the percentage of health his knee is at.

I'll take it that you've never played basketball competitively. I was the captain of my HS basketball team and felt TREMENDOUS pressure to perform well despite injury and odds so I can't imagine what Rose is going through.

Have some empathy. This is his LIFE, it's not entertainment for him like it is for you.

Go Getter
03-27-2013, 01:25 AM
THIS.
Funny, my physical therapist says the exact opposite......the #1 danger is coming back too soon and reinjuring the knee or overcompensating and reinjuring the healthy knee.

One thing is for sure his camp aint giving out many details so you may as well sit back and relax.

tikay0
03-27-2013, 01:31 AM
I'll take it that you've never played basketball competitively. I was the captain of my HS basketball team and felt TREMENDOUS pressure to perform well despite injury and odds so I can't imagine what Rose is going through.

I've played basketball all my life, until college. That has nothing to do with his situation. Last year it might have, and it cost him dearly, but this year, he's gone through the rigors of rehab, and by all accounts is ready to go.

You don't know the percentage of health his knee is at.

Actually I do know the percentage of his knee. He said it was even stronger than before in the USA TODAY article. The health of his knee was never in question. It's always been understood that his knee is 100% fine, and there's no more risk of injury.

This is his LIFE, it's not entertainment for him like it is for you.

I understand that this is life. I'm not mad that he's not playing for my entertainment. I'm mad because he's trying to skip the final process in his rehab. PLAYING GAMES.

tikay0
03-27-2013, 01:33 AM
overcompensating and reinjuring the healthy knee.

That's exactly what's said in the quotes.

the #1 danger is coming back too soon

Too soon was 2 months ago. We are well past that stage.

Go Getter
03-27-2013, 01:37 AM
I've played basketball until college. That has nothing to do with his situation. Last year it might have, and it cost him dearly, but this year, he's gone through the rigors of rehab, and by all accounts is ready to go.

Actually I do know the percentage of his knee. He said it was even stronger than before in the USA TODAY article. The health of his knee was never in question. It's always been understood that his knee is 100% fine, and there's no more risk of injury.

I understand that this is life. I'm not mad that he's not playing for my entertainment. I'm mad because he's trying to skip the final process in his rehab. PLAYING GAMES.
1. For someone who played ball you seem very green
2. Health percentages are arbitrary numbers man c'mon now
3. There is always a risk in playing on a surgically repaired knee
4. He's not skipping the last part of rehab, he will play WHEN HE IS READY, not when YOU ARE READY, which is the reason for your hissy fit.

Again, calm down Joe, he will return soon enough.

Go Getter
03-27-2013, 01:38 AM
That's exactly what's said in the quotes.

Too soon was 2 months ago. We are well past that stage.
You type like you have a PT degree....lemme guess, your graduated from Strawman University--top of your class.

DMAVS41
03-27-2013, 01:40 AM
Funny, my physical therapist says the exact opposite......the #1 danger is coming back too soon and reinjuring the knee or overcompensating and reinjuring the healthy knee.

One thing is for sure his camp aint giving out many details so you may as well sit back and relax.

But at this point it wouldn't be too soon...would it?

I mean, he's been cleared to play for weeks now...right?

The truth is that it's probably mental...which is valid, but the best way to get over that is to get out there.

What I am confused about is the reports of him practicing fully. If that is the case, then it just doesn't make sense that he should be sitting. You guys know more than me. Is he practicing?

tikay0
03-27-2013, 01:46 AM
1. For someone who played ball you seem very green
2. Health percentages are arbitrary numbers man c'mon now
3. There is always a risk in playing on a surgically repaired knee
4. He's not skipping the last part of rehab, he will play WHEN HE IS READY, not when YOU ARE READY, which is the reason for your hissy fit.

Again, calm down Joe, he will return soon enough.

1. OK
2. You're the one that said no one knows the health of his knees. No need to circle around your own words.
3. By all accounts he's ready. The kicker is that there have been recent reports of his team advising him to sit well in advance of this date, and there could be some potential friction between Rose and management due to the roster makeup. That has nothing to do with his health, and that means he's been ready to play all along, but is sitting out for "business" reasons. Hence, he's not returning when he's READY. He's SITTING when he's ready.

Again, my name is not Joe, he needs to return ASAP. ASAP happened a few weeks ago.

tikay0
You type like you have a PT degree....lemme guess, your graduated from Strawman University--top of your class.

No need for personal attacks. Seems like you're taking this personally.

It's just a debate. Keep it civil buddy.

Go Getter
But at this point it wouldn't be too soon...would it?

I mean, he's been cleared to play for weeks now...right?

The truth is that it's probably mental...which is valid, but the best way to get over that is to get out there.

What I am confused about is the reports of him practicing fully. If that is the case, then it just doesn't make sense that he should be sitting. You guys know more than me. Is he practicing?
No one knows if it is too soon or not. Erring on the side of caution is his choice and as a Bulls fan who reeeeeeeeeeeeeealy wants him to play I respect his decision.

Go Getter
03-27-2013, 01:48 AM
No need for personal attacks. Seems like you're taking this personally.

It's just a debate. Keep it civil buddy.
Calling your argument a Strawman argument is hardly an insult. You are the one taking roses situation personally.

tikay0
03-27-2013, 01:52 AM
Calling your argument a Strawman argument is hardly an insult. You are the one taking roses situation personally.

We were having a a healthy debate. Seems like you took things too personally. I'm sorry if I offended you.

nosfan773
03-27-2013, 01:54 AM
Its sure been nice not having the Chicago/D-rose nut hangers around for the last year

Go Getter
03-27-2013, 02:45 AM
Its sure been nice not having the Chicago/D-rose nut hangers around for the last year
It was nice not having veiled troll accounts with 104 posts around faking like they're impartial.....wait....

nosfan773
03-27-2013, 03:56 AM
It was nice not having veiled troll accounts with 104 posts around faking like they're impartial.....wait....

Yea I started on ISH 2 years ago and have been slowly trolling ever since

The_Yearning
03-27-2013, 05:32 AM
D. Rose is bitchmade.

End of.

ILLsmak
03-27-2013, 07:23 AM
Yea I started on ISH 2 years ago and have been slowly trolling ever since

haha, I laughed...

-Smak

Rito3d30
03-27-2013, 08:38 AM
so this is just a rumor?

nathanjizzle
03-27-2013, 09:31 AM
http://623acw.com/dday/lst262_dday.sized.jpg

All Net
03-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Says who?

(e)
03-27-2013, 01:13 PM
so this is just a rumor?
Yes. Him and RIP have already been ruled out.

Blingster
03-27-2013, 08:19 PM
So yeah.. Gotta love those Trustworthy internet rumors :bowdown: